Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on, Britt, Laura, Mitch minus Britt. It's just just us, Laurie.
Speaker 3: Why do you sound so depressed about it? Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here we are again till the Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Well we say it every day and I'm just becoming very joy Mitch say it like you mean it. Then Britt's gonna listen back when she gets out of Africa and be like, why were you so overjoyed? Hey, Brits, we've escaped bread everywhere.
Speaker 3: Okay, well if you've missed it. So Britt is in the African jungle. She's away for I'm a celebrity at the moment, and she's doing so well last night because like, I know that we want to vote for her to keep her in the show, but I also want everyone to vote for her so that she can do the challenges because it's the most entertaining party. Last night she did so well. It was the deep freezer. They got to get plunged into ice cold water, and I know that that's all the health thing at the moment. People are doing the ice barslebs as well. Horrible, Like, there's nothing. I can't think of anything worse except for maybe being burnt alive than being in ice cold water.
Speaker 4: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did well though, like she actually she nailed it. I'm so actually proud of her as a friend.
Speaker 4: I'm genuinely proud of her.
Speaker 3: She's been doing incredible, her with the snakes, her with the deep freeze, She's done so well.
Speaker 2: You know what I've noticed that I don't know if you have as well. Her energy is like low. I think the actual food, all the energy is low. But I genuinely think she's exhausted and tired.
Speaker 3: How do you think you would go if you were just eating beans and rice, just beans and rice. Two weeks now, it's been.
Speaker 5: By four o'clock.
Speaker 2: If I haven't had my like three forty five chocky am big m milk a demon and I.
Speaker 4: Am currently on my third coffy.
Speaker 5: Hey still come on the show though.
Speaker 2: We are going to hear from brit in another exclusive I'm a celeb interview. So Britt has been doing these while she's been in the jungle. Today she's chatting to Michelle Bridges, which is the biggest Loser fame, one of the biggest fitness names in this country. You wouldn't have heard this chat on tea. It's exclusive for us who at the pick up, So we'll play that coming up.
Speaker 4: And look, also coming up.
Speaker 3: I try really hard as a mum, I do genuinely, and sometimes things just don't go to plan. And I had a real mum fail this week and I'm still paying for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's coming up as well. All right, we'll get that on the way.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone, just Mitch and Laura because our beautiful Brittany Hockey is in the arm of Celebrity, Get me out of here jungle.
Speaker 3: Princess Britt soon to become Queen Britt if we have anything to say about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vote for Britt go ten play, make an account, vote, vote ten votes a day.
Speaker 4: Ten votes a day. Okay.
Speaker 3: But one of the very cool things is while she's been away in the jungle, we've been getting access to some exclusive chats.
Speaker 5: Wait, can I say one thing? What the way you say?
Speaker 2: BRIT's in the Army Selig jungle, Like my aunt Julie could do it as well. Yeah, BRIT's just off in the Armislet jungle.
Speaker 3: Now I've seen like some of the stuff that they've had to do. I couldn't do it. It's rightful, it's rawful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you might go.
Speaker 3: You guys might have seen on Sunday Night Britt was having an intimate conversation with Michelle Bridges around dating and it aired on TV and Britt did a call out. So, Mitch and I we're manning BRIT's socials at the moment. We've got access to her Instagram to the back end, and Britt did a call out for Michelle Bridges and said, if you want to date her, if you're a man, if you're single, if you think she's amazing, DM her, get into her Instagram or DM me. And now I have been fielding all of Michelle Bridge's dating requests.
Speaker 5: Fine, we went off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had so many. But there was so much more of that conversation that you guys didn't see. So we have an exclusive chat that happened between Britt and Michelle and this is it were you guys, especially here on the pickup?
Speaker 4: How old were you when you started perimedipors.
Speaker 6: I want to say fifty, but it just seems too late. It was about then that I started getting really sporadic periods.
Speaker 3: So you're in your day to day life, do you notice the symptoms that something in your body's changing, or like, what did you think was happening?
Speaker 4: What did you feel?
Speaker 6: Well, that was the first sign of it was my periods were late, and they were then they weren't, then they were. They were actually never light, they were very heavy, because I've always had light periods.
Speaker 4: That always your periods always been.
Speaker 6: Really light and pretty regular. But then I started getting really hot in bed and I was like, oh my god, I couldn't regulate my temperature. And then I was awake a lot at night because of that. Then I was just awake a lot at night because of no other reason other than just waking up and couldn't get back to sleep. And I just really didn't think about menopause that much because it just wasn't really top of mind. And so I went to my doctor about it instead of said, oh, you know, i'm not feeling myself. I'm not feeling motivated, which is really unlike me. And then so she prescribed me any depressants.
Speaker 3: Wow, So she didn't even click that it could be perimenopause either.
Speaker 6: We didn't discuss it.
Speaker 3: Straight to antidepressants, which I didn't date it didn't take, so.
Speaker 6: Came back to Sydney, and I thought, right, I'm going to get on top of all of this. So I went to a doctor here in Sydney. We went through the whole process again and I was like, Okay, this is all starting to fall into place.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Also better to I imagine, it's better to actually just have an answer so you.
Speaker 4: Can deal with it rather than what's going on.
Speaker 6: Well, that's why it's so important to get with a specialist, a GP but who specializes in menopause, so that you know they've got the information that they can sider go. Yes, Well, this directly ticks that box, and directly ticks that box. It's very different for every woman, Like every woman is going to have a different symptom and a different severity of that symptom.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't it be awesome if Britt found Michelle Bridges love.
Speaker 3: Oh, that'd be so beautiful. Also Bachelor, real full circle story that, let's get Michelle Bridges.
Speaker 4: On the Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Oh, we got the Bachelorette and we can talk about perimenopause on there. You know, people need people need a perimenopause A woman on the Bachelor.
Speaker 5: I'm sick of.
Speaker 3: Seeing twenty hot year olds dating twenty hot year olds take a twenty hot twenty year olds say, I'm thinking about it. I want to see someone who's like middle age, she's already been married once.
Speaker 5: And I could be the bachelor. Shut up the gay Oh.
Speaker 4: The gay bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did, and I could have been the Bachelor before the forty kilo eight loss, I could have been what a missed.
Speaker 5: I'll put it back on. I'll do anything.
Speaker 3: Yourself the glor Alright, coming up, I've had I've had a really bad mum fail and I'm questioning whether I'm a good parent or you.
Speaker 2: Come on the show and you say these and oftentimes we get calls from the mum's listening, going, Laura, we've all been there, so don't.
Speaker 5: Don't talk down to yourself. You're a brilliant mum.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if my kids agree. I don't know if my kids educators agree. Put it that way, all right, we'll find that next here at the pickup guys, I never pretend like I have it down pat you know, like the parenting thing, the juggling work, it's a lot. And I think for anyone out there who is a working mum, you can sympathize that sometimes it's really really hard.
Speaker 5: So it's all real, is it? The chaos is real.
Speaker 4: It's it's beyond chaos.
Speaker 3: And there's a whole adage of like, you can have it all, but you can't have it all at this same time. And what they mean by that is any sort of organization or order to your life, because I genuinely feel like I run between my chaotic work schedule and then having two little girls, which is just chaos at home twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Or you do have a very busy life, you've also got a beautiful husband, which doesn't really help with the schedule.
Speaker 5: It already is handsome.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find time for him as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, but some days you have days where you feel like you're winning, and then you have some days where you feel like you'll lose what's happened to and you've got to pick your battles along the way. And so this morning I woke up both her like, both of my girls.
Speaker 4: Are in a mood.
Speaker 3: Neither of them had slept properly, and so getting them out of bed was a pain in the ass.
Speaker 4: Getting Pete.
Speaker 3: For about two weeks now, every couple of days we get a chance to wash it. It's a Christmas T shirt part of Lola. It's a Christmas T shirt that's part of her pajamas, right, and it's trash. But you know what, They're going to daycare, So I don't care if they wear trash to daycare.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So on one hand, I've got Lola, hair's not brushed, she's wearing her pajama top and a pair of pants that she'd chosen. None of it goes. She looks like trash. Yeah, crawled out of the gutter. Then I have Marley May. At least she's let me brush her hair. But the outfit is something else. She's dressed herself and it's wild and it's fabulous.
Speaker 4: But you know what you do, you boo. I don't care. So I get them out the door.
Speaker 3: We're rushing. They've just had breakfast. One of them still got crapple of their face. I get him in the car. I get them to daycare and I was so rush and their teacher was trying to chat to me, and I was like, yeah, yeah, anyway, the kids. You literally threw my children at them and I run out the door and anyway, I get to work. About forty minutes after dropping them off, and I get a phone call and it's from their educator and they were like, sorry, Laura, we were just trying to stop you because I'm not sure if you realized. We thought maybe you'd pack them in their bags. But today's school photo day. So my children went to daycare looking as though they had just woken up, and it's the cute school photos days. And so then do you know what I had to do. I'm not proud of it. I'm at work, so I can't go home and fix them or sort them out. No, So I had to uber some clothes to daycare. I to uber two dresses to daycare for the kids, and I had to ask their teacher to brush their hair and do a plaid. And it's in these moments where you're like, you do win some and you do lose some, and right now I'm losing some loss. I feel also, how boogie is it though that my kids are like my dress just arrived in an uber.
Speaker 2: No, that's that was what I was about to say. I actually think your kids are gonna get clout all these.
Speaker 4: They're going to get teased.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, these kids are in oshkosh, but gosh, and their parents have pinched their cheeks. They're all rosy and yor kids have an uber black arriving with their custom girl.
Speaker 3: And it sounds it sounds a lot class you know what it really was, My poor poor children.
Speaker 4: It's a try.
Speaker 5: They're like the Kardashi into the glam squad. How they carry around a glam squad.
Speaker 3: I also sent my maykeup out of some as well. I was like, fixed my children and check them.
Speaker 5: Put a bit of rouge on the little one. He's got otmeal on.
Speaker 3: Your just brush it's hair, just brush its hair. Well what she looked like when she left the hair she's like, cousin, it was everywhere.
Speaker 4: Brush your hair.
Speaker 5: Do you get sent a schedule from KINDI or yeah, yeah we did you know?
Speaker 3: Yeap, yes it's in the calendar. We got center schedule. We also got sent a reminder and we've paid for the photos.
Speaker 4: It's not like we didn't know, Like it's not there's not one part.
Speaker 3: Of this that we didn't know. But both Matt and I both forgot. My husband I forgot.
Speaker 2: So you know, Laura, these photos are going to be the pigs that you play back at their twenty first and it's fine you want these moments.
Speaker 3: I also think sometimes, you know, when we were kids and we were at school, not one of us had a good school photo, like we all looked like just weird and pimply and crazy, and kids these days they look too good.
Speaker 4: Not my kids, but other people's kids do.
Speaker 5: No my parents. So I'm a good kid, Like, I'm fine, I got a career. I'm happy. You're the same my parent, my mom.
Speaker 4: Right, I feel going about yourself, so glad it worked out.
Speaker 2: I was just reading impressed about my Google myself was reading the headlines. No, what I mean is myma had a major parenting fail. I went to the doctor recently. I don't know why. I just was getting a check up. He goes, You're all good, He goes, but did you get your vaccines when you're in high schools? Like I never got vaccines in high school. It's like you're not vaccinated for any of the hepatitis strains. My mom just didn't get me. She forgot to get me vaccinated.
Speaker 4: You've just reminded me. I don't know if Molly May has had a four year old ones Oh.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, look if you've had a parenting fail, if you've experienced something where you think you could have done parenting a little bit better.
Speaker 4: I need to know because I need you to make me feel a bit better about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a call thirteen one oh six five. We'll take your calls. Next on the pickup Laura Burn. I beloved Laura Burn, one of Australia's sweethearts, thinks she's a bad mum.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm a bad mum. I had a bad mum moment. Yeah, I think I'm a reasonably okay mum. I'm I'm Yeah, I'm the best mum those kids ever going to have. Put it that way.
Speaker 5: That's you're a brilliant mum.
Speaker 2: So I want to I want mums of Australia and dad's parents of Australia to band together make Laura feel better because she sent her kids to school dressed like little hobbits and it was photo day.
Speaker 3: They looked like they crawled out of a trash can and I didn't want to fight them on it, and I sent them on their merry way to daycare. And I was quite happy with the fact that they still you know, one of them had like matted dreadlocks in their hair and at school.
Speaker 4: Photo day, and we'll remember it forever.
Speaker 5: We will uber clothes to thember black time. Actually, oh, that's even worse. You super pulled. It took half an hour to get there because someone was going to.
Speaker 3: Work with my kids cotton on dresses.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think your mum wanted me to give you this all right, Sorry, Ashley, I'm thirteen one oh sixty five.
Speaker 5: What was your parenting fail? Make Laura feel better?
Speaker 7: So taking my two kids to a three in one grocery shopping and I'd put the baby in the car. We'll both kids were in the car, shut the baby in, I put all the groceries away, and then proceeded to drive away from the supermarket. And my three year old yelled out, Mom, you haven't strapped me in.
Speaker 3: You know, it's good when they're at an age though, that's it's very good when they're three and up and they can tell you what you've done wrong.
Speaker 2: It's really good when they developed speech on their own so they can say we haven't.
Speaker 3: Well because sometimes the buckle actually just comes undone if you haven't clipped it in hard enough. And my four year it will be like momay, can't tell you.
Speaker 7: That was the case. I had not even attempted to.
Speaker 2: Actually dig in a deeper hold. I feel better, Amy, Hello, what does your parenting fail?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: So I always bring the wet white and I just did it this day. I was visiting a friend in a city. She would let me her car and her car feet driving to the shops, I heard my son grunting and strength and you know what sound is? And I opened the door. He gives me the cheekyt smile and there's who leaking out of his shorts into my friend's car seat.
Speaker 4: Booh yeah, mich that's what kids do. They pooh and their nappies.
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Okay, did you ever have to what do you do?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Did you did you take one of your clothing items off and use it?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: What was your resources in that moment?
Speaker 8: So I literally picked him up out of the carseat, put him in the back of the car, and then I'm just in this car park trying to make desperate eyes at anyone who could be a mum who would have wet whites? No one, No one's making eye contact with me. The old man diverted eye contact and walked very fast, quickly away from me.
Speaker 3: It's it's like when you're at a dog park and your dog does a pooh, but you don't have a poo bag.
Speaker 4: You got to find someone.
Speaker 3: Mum's experience this, but it's baby wipes exactly.
Speaker 8: And yeah, I end up finding some man he cial white, kind of wiping him down, racing home and just like apologizing so profusely on the French moment.
Speaker 2: I can tell you what this conversation is like for someone without kids. It's like one two crazy people on the street of bibing at each other. That's what you two sound like? What is wrong with your parents?
Speaker 4: All it were sleep deprived?
Speaker 2: Ashley's called hello, ash why don't you admit what you did wrong by your children?
Speaker 4: There's er judgment here when I feel better about it.
Speaker 1: So, my son was having his third birthday and I rock up with his big beautiful cake that says happy second birthday day on it. I didn't even realize until I went to light the candle and I was like, hold, I much meant to be three, and then realize I had got ron.
Speaker 3: That's good, he's not gonna remember, I reckon. They start forming memories from about four or five. We've got plenty of time to keep messing things up, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 3: Also, if there's cake, that's true. The photos don't lie. Neither will my children's photos either.
Speaker 4: That's the real problem. Get rid of all of the evidence.
Speaker 2: Laura, You're not a bad mum. Everyone's a bad mum. I think that's it's not just you.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I have a bad mum, and I don't think anyone that's calling up as a bad mom. I just think sometimes things go wrong. Yeah, and you what you can be a little bit more kind to yourself.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, no, I agree. I agree Like Ellen, look at you.
Speaker 3: And I might throw away my kids T shirt that she's worn for seven weeks straight.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening everyone.
Speaker 2: If you missed anding the show podcasts on the iHeartRadio, just search the pickup vote for Britt tonight and I'm a celeb Anyway.
Speaker 5: That's it for us, guys. You tomorrow.