Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast. So last week we started a new service called the one Dollar Jingle. This is where we will make a jingle for you, and that's you if you have a very small business and you need some support this year.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody needs a bought this year.
Speaker 1: It's going to a tough time and it's a strange time that we find ourselves at the moment. So if there's anything we can do for our local and small businesses that listen to the show, then we'll give you a free jingle. The only reason we're asking for a dollar after you is this actually illegal to give away free airtime, so we have to ask for one dollar.
Speaker 2: Hence what it's called the one dollar Jingle.
Speaker 1: This week we've gone for this guy has got a business with his wife.
Speaker 2: Peter.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good Peter.
Speaker 1: Now, Peter as someone who runs a board game company who hopefully this should be a good time for you guys, actually because hopefully I'm hoping that people start ordering board games as they consider whether or not they're going to be stuck in isolation or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen people panic buying yet.
Speaker 2: We're not board games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't need to stuck up on several versions of the Caatan one should do.
Speaker 3: There are a few. We're going to run out eventually.
Speaker 2: And have you got something called Perudo? By the way, Perudo?
Speaker 3: We've we've had Perudo in store. I can get it. It's a pretty common little dice game from South Africa, South America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you?
Speaker 1: I don't want this as a freebie, what I'm happy to pay. I'd like to order that because Jack said that's a great little quick action game.
Speaker 3: It's a great little dice game that one. Yes, absolutely, I can get that for you. Christian.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a much easier one for him to learn. Worried about learning things like.
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 1: I am, Peter, how do you think I'm going to get on this weekend? I now have Katan, right, I'm going to try and play. I'm going to give it an hour?
Speaker 3: Yes, how do you.
Speaker 2: Think I'm going to get on?
Speaker 3: An hour? Is a fine for your first play through? I reckon you'll get it done in about forty five minutes. How many are going to play? Two? Three, or four?
Speaker 2: There's going to be three me and the two teenage girls.
Speaker 3: You'll get through it, you'll smash it out. It's an awesome game, that one. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: But when when Jack sells it to me about a game of ancient settlers training and or saw not off a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're trading wood for sheep. Yes, that's the premise.
Speaker 1: How much excitement can there be around this kind of game? Seriously, when you.
Speaker 3: Haven't got any sheep and you desperately need a sheep, you're going to want to get one.
Speaker 4: That is that is something that you don't want to be a situation you want to find yourself in. Peter, Now, what do you recommend he do for learning the game? Because I go to YouTube clips to find out how to watch the.
Speaker 3: Rules, Absolutely fantas. There's a couple of fantastic resources on YouTube. One of our favorites is a show by Will Whetan, the old Star Trek actor. He has a show called table Top and Katan features on that in one of the episodes.
Speaker 4: Because there's no choice, Like, there's no chance Christian you reading the instruction booklet?
Speaker 1: Ah, No, I mean I'm not the guy that reads the inside of the lead. No, no, look, I'll give it a go.
Speaker 3: What's YouTube You'll find there's great resources on YouTube. Catan features a lot, you'll find something, all right.
Speaker 1: So listen, Peter, We've made a one dollar jingle for you. Okay, So why are you scared? Jack has done the music. I've done all the words. I even dragged my two kids into to get involved.
Speaker 3: Peter.
Speaker 2: I hope you're happy with your one dollar jinkle. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready? Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, here's a one dollar jingle for Gas Games. Thinking about what you would do if your family home went into isolation, having to drag out those old tide board games, and we all know how that goes.
Speaker 5: I hate Monopoli. Not really sucks.
Speaker 1: Not all board games have to be like Monopoly. At Gas Games in packing them, they are packing them in with over three thousand board games.
Speaker 2: See what I did there.
Speaker 1: So if you're board of games, check out these board games.
Speaker 5: Nice dad, Where did you get the.
Speaker 2: Scar Gas Games?
Speaker 4: Where seventy streets games?
Speaker 3: That is awesome, unbelievable, that is awesome, Christian, I'm crying.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they're happy tears, right, Peter.
Speaker 3: They are, indeed, they are, Indeed, well, we'll.
Speaker 1: Give it a couple of plays, and I hope you and the business Gas Games and your wife's business, you and Sue do well out of it.
Speaker 2: You deserve to. I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: We really really appreciate what you do it gold thank you, Christian. It's an awesome little of one of your campaign you've got going here. It's fantastic to help out small business.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And also kudles to Jack Post. I mean when you take on Keith Richards and you're doing it from home in the spare room, you did a good job there we jumping Jack versh. That was very very good.
Speaker 2: All right, Peter, good.
Speaker 3: Luck, Thank you very much, Christian, thank you Jack, thank you everyone called
Speaker 1: Cantanning out The Christian o'connal Breakfast Show podcast