Speaker 1: Come on in, Hi. How do everybody welcome?
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome back once again.
Speaker 3: Here we are Wednesday, which I know that your birthday was a few days ago.
Speaker 2: We're still talking about that.
Speaker 3: Well we have to because the present that was supposed to come and didn't come, and then he was waiting on it.
Speaker 2: Then it came today and he's still not going to get it.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing happened, and you're not going to believe me, but I had ordered you these like happy birthday, special occasion, two huge boxes of donuts, so that instead of a cake, right, I thought we could have a birthday donuts slab.
Speaker 2: There was like forty donuts, more like fifty donuts.
Speaker 3: There was thousands of domes, so many donut, all the flavors. Anyway, they weren't going a coming time. They were running a bit late on your birthday Mondays. I was like, it's okay, like let's postpone when I know we're all here. So anyway, today I had reorganized them and I went to pick them up.
Speaker 1: Two days later, Yeah I got it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, two months later, still waiting for my present from you, So let's not talk about that. So I go down to get them and they're a reception of like, oh, are they yours? But I was like, yeah, I got a message saying they're here anyway. She's like, I didn't know. Someone from what came down and got them, brought them upstairs and the whole office, the whole team has gone to town on your.
Speaker 2: Birthday doughnuts, but we have half of one producer.
Speaker 1: Grace is bringing them in.
Speaker 2: That's a tray, there's a slab. There's only one, well one and a half left.
Speaker 4: There's like two donuts and it just sprinkles. To be fair, I would be asking brit for proof that she hasn't just run out there and picked up a half eaten tray of donuts and be like these were meant to.
Speaker 2: Be for you.
Speaker 4: I want to tracking them and the whole thing is fake. You know what here it is delivered. Sorry, that's your messaging donut can Direct.
Speaker 1: Did you pay for these?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I paid for them, but I used my own How did.
Speaker 1: You get free donuts on my birthday?
Speaker 2: Paid for them? I bought you.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: That's so shocking.
Speaker 3: I bought you donuts and the whole office consumed them.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm grateful for the free donuts, but.
Speaker 2: The office thought they were free promotion.
Speaker 5: That's the first the downside to working in a radio station. People just think everything's for them. Oh, I'm grateful. I'm not gonna maketure my birthday again.
Speaker 1: It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Next on the Show Girls, You'll Never Believe which celebrity has come out and revealed they believe the moon landing was faked.
Speaker 2: I don't do we care?
Speaker 5: Were an artist, we play on this station. One of the biggest stars in the world has said, you know what, I don't care if I'm going to get criticism moonlanding was faked.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think it's fake.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: La also thinks the world's flat. I don't. I know it's not.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to get your thoughts on this. Next one, Welcome to the Pickup. That'd be Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's middle of the week. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give you girls Britain, Laura, a topic and new story that everyone the world is talking about. You decide do we pick it up, do we keep talking about it because it's good, or do we put it down just shut it up because it's a waste of time.
Speaker 2: Do we pick it up because it's good? Because it's good, because it's a good chat, good topic.
Speaker 1: There's more to discuss.
Speaker 2: I understand how this break works.
Speaker 5: Thank thank all right, pick up? Put down Britain, Laura. People who believe the moon landing was faked?
Speaker 2: What put it down?
Speaker 1: Wait? Or come on, man, Laura, pick it up?
Speaker 2: Pick it up.
Speaker 4: I don't not think it happened. I'm I sit on the fence.
Speaker 5: God, you sound just like Ariana grind I know idea, that's why everyone's talking about this. Ariana Grande was on that Vanity fair Lie detective test where theysked theleb's questions while they strapped to a light detector.
Speaker 1: She was asked about the moon landing and her answer is going viral.
Speaker 2: Do you think the moon landing was fake? Jesus Christ, what do you take me for?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, say no, not till now?
Speaker 3: What's to me?
Speaker 2: But you know what's in there?
Speaker 1: The machine is showing deception. You don't think that video is a little like No, I've never ever questioned it because so many people have been to the movies. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But then why aren't there more videos like that? I don't know, but I don't think it's fake though.
Speaker 1: Oh rah, the whole world is gonna think that.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 4: I always thought that it just was the one moon landing. I didn't know that so many more people have been to the Moon. I thought it was like they kind of won and done and they were like.
Speaker 1: Russia's China, India.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, people, there's little No, there's little robots up there.
Speaker 1: Though, dogs as well.
Speaker 2: But why why don't we send more people?
Speaker 1: Oh? We have twelve people in total have walked on the moon.
Speaker 2: Okay, I take it back, I absolutely think it happened.
Speaker 1: All right, pick up, put down.
Speaker 5: Veggie might being cheaper in the UK than it is here in Australia.
Speaker 2: Got down.
Speaker 3: That is something new because I used to live in the UK and veggie might was so much more expensive.
Speaker 2: So with Tim TAM's on't its products so changed?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's about the three pounds in the UK, which is about four fifty in Australia five dollars like six bucks.
Speaker 1: No, we've got the conversion.
Speaker 5: Here for fifty in Australia's six dollars between six and eight dollars.
Speaker 1: If it's not on.
Speaker 4: Special, I wonder if it's like no one wants it, so they're just trying to clear it out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, well, I mean, did you look into it at all? You're one who is the ringmaster of this segment.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do know what it was supposed to. TikTok, have a listener.
Speaker 6: So here we have Morrison's. In the UK vegimi is two pounds nineteen. Converting that into Australian dollars brings us to four dollars twenty three and the exact same vegimid so two twenty grams, it's five dollars in Australia. What is going on?
Speaker 2: Do you know what this proves?
Speaker 4: So like there's recently been an inquiry into like the woolies and the coals and everything for all of the price hiking that's been going on.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is just like another example of.
Speaker 4: How the price hiking in like our Australian grocery stores is getting out of control because it's not happening in the UK that even with all the import duties and everything else, it's still cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 3: I think other people deserve to have veggimi at a low cost, But I also think we deserved it, have it at a low cost, Well.
Speaker 5: Said, thank you, all right, pick up, put down secret elopements?
Speaker 2: Why pick it up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I couldn't care less. Who's done it?
Speaker 1: Get married a secret?
Speaker 5: Well, Rebel Wilson got married over the weekend in a secret wedding in Sardinia in Italy to her beautiful partner a Romona.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a secret. I'm not sure why everyone.
Speaker 3: Said it was a secret, just because a superstar doesn't put it out there and say like this is.
Speaker 2: Where I'm getting married.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe it's because she wants it to be relatively secretive, so she doesn't a paparazzi showing up at a wedding.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, and there still were paparazzi.
Speaker 1: There were Have you seen the headline today? Front page? You Daily Mail?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: It says breaking, did Rebel Wilson snub good friend Brittany Hockley for a wedding reality start nowhere to be seen at actress nuptials.
Speaker 2: I did see.
Speaker 3: I did see this, and I did have to have a chuckle. They're trying to like make it sound like we've had this really big fallout or something, because apparently there's Hugh Sheridan how to fall out with rebel? I can one one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Confirm and are still very good friends. We still talk.
Speaker 3: We have had no fall out, and I knew she was getting married and I am beyond happy for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will you invite her to your wedding because yours is next year.
Speaker 3: I will keep that to myself because I'm keeping my wedding as private as possible.
Speaker 2: The secret wedding in Sardinia may have already happened. There you go, Yeah, am I even getting married? Am I married already?
Speaker 1: She's not write, she's not well.
Speaker 3: Coming up, there's an article that gave me a little bit of a chuckle. Former rich kids have revealed the moments that they realized they.
Speaker 2: Were rich, the kids having the revelation themselves. Yeah, I wonder how long that took them.
Speaker 1: Self aware kids? We love that right next time the pickup.
Speaker 3: There's an article on BuzzFeed online at the moment Mitch and Laura that's going bonkers that I personally cannot relate to in the slightest. It's an article that rich people only have commented on, and it was when did you realize that you were rich. Like, so, growing up as kids, at what point did they realize that they themselves and they're found were rich.
Speaker 4: Newspaper is this because I wouldn't say it's where people are going for hard hitting news, which me I visit daily. But when you say this, you're talking about kids who have grown up like on the silver spoon, as I would say.
Speaker 3: But like I guess, when you grow up and you're a kid in a family, you don't know most of the time that you're abnormal because if you're that rich and growing up in a rich environment, chances are all your friends and families are also in that environment. They're all you know, like essentially, So it's these moments of realization where like, oh my god, I'm like proper loaded. I remember walking into a friend's house when I was at school age, you know, primary school, and her house like it was like a beauty like two story obviously, but it had a four yer area and there was a pendant light. And I remember walking in and looking at the pendent light and I was like, oh, oh, you're filthy rich.
Speaker 2: You have a pendent light in your house.
Speaker 3: Now if you have a foyer in your doc's office is a hotel.
Speaker 5: I had the opposite. I didn't have the realization, oh, I'm rich. I had the realization, oh, I'm because you're not though coming from you.
Speaker 2: Your family have a beautiful house.
Speaker 1: Now I know.
Speaker 5: But as a kid, as a kid, you know, we were like riches story. I remember the Downies had a boat and an intercom at their front door with a camera in it. I'm talking early thousands, like this is two thousand and five, two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: You'd press it and then and then missus Downey Leanne.
Speaker 5: Who I adore, would come up like come on in mid I'm like, this is she's miss Jetson.
Speaker 4: That makes sense because when you said they had an intercom, I was like, none of my friends had incomm And then I realized it's probably because intercom sting exists.
Speaker 3: When I was in front, I don't think we even had a lot had a lot on our front door.
Speaker 2: I think kids off the street just walked in.
Speaker 1: It was never lot.
Speaker 2: You didn't have an intercom.
Speaker 1: Now I know why because that technology around.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: We went to the moon, you had the intercoms were around. They were Laura anyway, listened to the rich list. When I attended college, I was unaware of how to cleanse myself properly after using the toilet. There was no bidet, and I had never used toilet paper on its own before.
Speaker 2: Oh my wow, I'm sorry. You have failed as a parent.
Speaker 4: If your child doesn't know how to wipe their ass when they're seventeen, you failed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember the first time I used a day. It was with you, guys. I was in your villa, Laura in Bali and I just started squirting it. It was on the Maddy Jay setting. It just started squirting my butt.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what Why was it on the Mattie Jays?
Speaker 1: It was his toilet that it was customed to him.
Speaker 4: Probably wasn't even a bedet. You probably just had your asks in the sinkwitch properly.
Speaker 3: In college, my mom sent someone to deliver organic vegetarian groceries to me every week. My friends and roommates were all lifting off instant ramen, easy mac and grilled cheese. I had to ask them, what is easy mac? Oh, this is the most unrelatable thing ever. She's in college and not knowing what mac and cheese.
Speaker 4: It's also a rite of passage if you didn't finish school and then eat cans of tuna and beans and some packet rice for at least a good couple of years, Like you know, you haven't lived.
Speaker 5: I remember going to my cousin's house and my cousin Crystal and Drew had electric toothbrushes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I'm like, what elite? That's so cool?
Speaker 2: People have ace pants?
Speaker 5: Ok oh yeah, but you gotta smell it because sometimes they refill it with a power mo.
Speaker 2: That's what we do in our house. That's what I do to just by one.
Speaker 5: Really, if you two are doing it and there is no let's take your calls, give us a buzz here at the pickup? What did you I want both like maybe if you're super rich and you're listening.
Speaker 3: No, I want to know what was the thing like when you were a kid growing up? What was the giveaway that someone else was rich?
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: So for me, I remember like if you had a water filter or an ice to spenser in the fridge, Like if you could put your cup and water and ice would come out. I just thought you were like on millionaires ro you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yah, yeah, I agree. Let's take calls like that. When did you realize you were best friends with a millionaire? Growing up? Calls to the pickup.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, welcome, We are talking rich things, but not in a way you think. I mean, I'm speaking on behalf of all of us, I think. But when you're a kid, there was always that one person that you thought was the rich kid from the rich family. And there were those little tiny things that they had or did that that was the.
Speaker 2: Giveaway that they had money.
Speaker 3: So I remember it was things like if there was a water dispenser in their fridge or an ice dispenser, or if someone had like one of those food processes in the sink, you know where you could put your food straight down the.
Speaker 4: Sincerator, Yes, and in syncarator, the veg They scare the absolute be Jesus out of me as soon as they see when I'm like, that's a finger.
Speaker 1: My then had one and was like, ive you your order, your hand's going.
Speaker 2: In there, and it was like, oh my not and said that too.
Speaker 3: But it was like flat screen TVs or if they had like foxtail or something like that, just.
Speaker 2: Like a good old regular pool. Like everyone wanted to be regular. Yeah, but that's what I mean. Everyone wanted to be friends with the kid who had a pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about a big sloping driveway and the longer and the steeper the driveway, the bigger the house always or what about this?
Speaker 2: We've had some coming on the text line.
Speaker 3: Okay, Loss says when their food was packed in a new zip lock bag every day.
Speaker 2: Instead of the reuse one. Oh my god, I had. I didn't even have a water bottle used.
Speaker 4: Back in my day, we used to have a mount Franklin, like the plastic ones. My mum would just fill it with cordial each day. Was this same oneids brown teeth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still do. No, No, they're okay, now, faith for these.
Speaker 3: Sarah said when a family has a basketball hoop.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, come on, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: A shower separate to the bath apparently, Sophi reckons that's when you're rich, Like if you didn't have the shower over.
Speaker 4: There, when you can separate your amenities. No, I'm going back to that guy. We're just talking about who had a B day. I think that's real clear indicator day, a BI day.
Speaker 2: B day.
Speaker 5: Mine was on Monday. All right, we'll get some calls through this. Hey, what what what was yours? When did you notice that your friends were rich?
Speaker 7: You have a beday, so many, so many great examples there, guys, thank you. It was the double story house.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah's your indicator totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So we are like my family. We grew up in Country Victoria and like about twenty five years ago, my parents built a house and then the block next door to us, this family came in and they leveled up, and us kids were just like, oh my goddamn acually the same square meter as our place. I just leveled up.
Speaker 2: I've got one for you as well.
Speaker 4: Rumpus rooms people will have a second rumpus.
Speaker 1: Why thanks you call?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 1: Hey? What was yours?
Speaker 2: Higos?
Speaker 3: Mine was the Golden Circle. It has to be Golden circle. Juice poppers.
Speaker 7: They had to have that thick popper.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it was frozen.
Speaker 7: I had the bloody Aldi brus.
Speaker 3: Yeah we had we you know, we had like the really cheap cordial that we used just to freeze ourselves.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't have got a popper, no way.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't get poppers.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I remember, yeah, now, when kids were ribina drinkers and they'd have Rybina, Like you know in the Silver.
Speaker 2: Bad Who is drinking Rae Beiner at school?
Speaker 1: So many kids do they?
Speaker 4: They're probably in a popper. Well, they're not taking a whole entire two D juice at school. My mom would have given that to me. She loves sending me to school with cordial and juice.
Speaker 3: My sister's just written in now she said, when kids went to the snow for school holidays.
Speaker 1: Us last one? What did you know? When did you know your friends were rich?
Speaker 7: When you went to their house and they had real glad wrap, like the branded Glander rap, not the home brand that we had at my house. Wow, they must have so much money.
Speaker 2: The home friend one you could never rip off.
Speaker 7: It doesn't work, It doesn't stick to anything.
Speaker 1: I don't be glad to wrap at all works, To be honest, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: What do you use? Yeah, you used to expect everyone to buy you lunch.
Speaker 1: That's enough for I get a bike to work to do the pick up. The girls fly home on their private jip. I'm gonna line bike.
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: We're done?
Speaker 2: You can Laura