Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Mildurn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right from Santa's Grotto.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, surrounded by Christmas lights and tinsel Malcolm's Gold one o four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show God one.
Speaker 4: Four point three.
Speaker 3: This is coming up for four minutes past six Wednesday Morning Buzzy show today. Then we're into the last three shows of this year. Today's show we will give you the last Facebook marketplace of the year.
Speaker 2: The price is right.
Speaker 3: Also got another big prize to be one actually twelve days of Christmas and Chapel Street. What is san to listen to on his Ensleigh radio today? Staying in the Penhouse is staying in the Penthouse sweep. I just found out that Jack can only drive automatic sums up everything.
Speaker 4: You know what you don't need to I've never come across a situation where not being able to drive a manual car has in him.
Speaker 2: A right say.
Speaker 3: Then bad bad things are happening in the city, right and you need to flee in area And there's a car at the side of the road and it's a manual.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to carry on foot. Some bees are coming.
Speaker 4: Why can't you know how to use a clutch? Or is this drive a toy car? She might be able to drive manuals, So I'll say, I bet.
Speaker 2: She knows that a drive a minute, Pats, do you know the driving You've.
Speaker 5: Got a manual license? Yeah, of course my car was manual.
Speaker 3: I was going to be a tracks or something, that farm girl. The reason what we were talking about this is because we just found out. Patsy's only just found out what the little taber is at the bottom of the rear view mirror.
Speaker 2: Yes, the little anti cleare thing.
Speaker 3: And the only reason I know what it is, Pats is when I was having my first driving test.
Speaker 4: You when we got in there and it felt like you were in the cockpit of a plane.
Speaker 3: There was just too many instruments, like an instrument panel, didn't it that was? And he went, well, this is for the anti glare and stuff that. So they obviously never told you that. So but I learned to drive in a manual my dad just insisted. And also back when I learned to drive out lessons automatic cars, weren't really as popular as they are now.
Speaker 4: Will you have the patients when your girls are turning sixteen?
Speaker 3: The kids albody decided that it's me taking them out, But they will be learning in a manual.
Speaker 4: I reckon your patients, really, you know, like getting the automatic because.
Speaker 2: We now drive an automatic.
Speaker 4: Be it's just so much easier.
Speaker 6: But they won't buy a car that's a manual, like when they get their first little card or be automatic.
Speaker 5: What would you about?
Speaker 3: Don't you think you learn more about the actual mechanics of driving.
Speaker 5: Listen to you too, need to know that, especially driving in this.
Speaker 4: They won't even need to drive at all, like all these automatic cars.
Speaker 3: To be fair, most of our driving now there's so much traffic on the roads. You're just nudging forward. You're not really getting out of even you've got a manual. I don't even drive a manual anymore because it's so much more convenient just driving.
Speaker 2: You've got kids. You just want to be easy.
Speaker 4: It will all be automatic. But you know what, how a major.
Speaker 2: Won't be automatic drivers?
Speaker 4: Drivers, That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then dogs driving cars?
Speaker 4: Why do they put the dogs in there just in.
Speaker 2: Case there's a problem.
Speaker 4: I had yesterday ran my phone ran out of battery for Google Maps. It's the first time in years and years and years that I've been lost because I don't have I don't have the mailways, I don't have the original map because.
Speaker 2: Ago you wouldn't set off without an app. That's no tuke to wait.
Speaker 3: So it's behind the driver's seat and that little you know, that little thing behind you have to reach and go get my appless and page fifty nine it goes, it's gone over.
Speaker 2: I'm in another page.
Speaker 3: You have to pull over. I'm in another page. I'm on sixty one to sixty two.
Speaker 4: I had to drive around until I saw a guy in his front yard and I asked him how to get to EastLink.
Speaker 3: It's frightening how we just become reliant on technology, right, we just read the phone now, don't need to go anywhere, all right, So Pats, he's only just.
Speaker 2: Worked out at this point in life.
Speaker 3: Then well, what the little noveltists, the little tab at the bottom of a rear view mirror? What did you only discover late in life? Give us a call this morning. Did you discover late in life?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about late in life discoveries this morning on the show.
Speaker 3: Perhaps you just found out what the little thing is at the bottom of the tap at the bottom of your rear view mirror, the anti glare thing. Just found out some modern cast. Now there's is automatic. It's not even there.
Speaker 4: I thought you would be one to use all the time because you're driving on those rural roads.
Speaker 2: Coming in from wherever.
Speaker 3: Behind some pigman you a truck, some big old mac in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 2: You know that's me.
Speaker 6: I knew, I know, I knew to tip it down for the anti glear, but I didn't know that it actually had a button where you didn't have to like man handle the mirror to physically push it down.
Speaker 5: You're just with the push of a button.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 4: It's what she does with this microphone, you know when she's sitting.
Speaker 3: Here, like time when you come in the studio to join us for a little chat out of that selling there. So why are you yank that microphone arounds? I could catch up bottle or something that stop bringing the end of it. We've eight hands just came in and just rip ripped it off the other day.
Speaker 5: Didn't she.
Speaker 4: Trying to like shove it back into the soccer, Like, give up on that one. Just move around to the next snap break that. Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, you know Monday, our studio got these lovely Christmas decorations. It is like we're in the Santa s Grotto. Looks fantastic. Patsy, you know, collects done an amazing job.
Speaker 4: So pretty she's done. Yours up.
Speaker 2: It's lovely, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's fairy lights everywhere.
Speaker 3: You're not the only person that uses that studio, Huggy. Huggy apparently doesn't like change and.
Speaker 2: Is going to lose about that too. Bride is known for years that he's going to drop to the floor.
Speaker 5: In a fatal position. He's not going to come.
Speaker 4: So what do you have to do? Do you have to pack away there?
Speaker 3: You're only going to be upset about that whole Tumblr decision as well. That was announced yesterda And now there is so much change into the world. So fucking all right, So this morning we're talking about in life discoveries. I'm a couple of years ago I took the kids to one of these petting zoos you've done this with order.
Speaker 4: You know where you go.
Speaker 2: In there you pay the money.
Speaker 3: With Children's farms, eat the goats and what it was Eddie on the handles there is he he owns Everything's a president of everything to do with Collinwood Farms, whatever it is. So I took the kids and we were looking at some I think there were lambs, and I said to them, I don't know whether that's a lamb or a sheep actually, And they looked at me like you joke, and I went no, So I can never tell the difference between a lamb and a sheep?
Speaker 2: What were the same thing? Dad? This is when there was seven and nine.
Speaker 4: If your kids have to tell you, there's only seven nine. I looked at them, went is that right? I can see there was a there's.
Speaker 3: A couple next to me and they were like, you know when you move a little bit closer to like, we need to get that closer, all of.
Speaker 4: Us on their conversation self, just like there's something juicy.
Speaker 2: Here, and I go, lambs a sheep?
Speaker 4: A sheep? Is is that right?
Speaker 3: It's the same some one told me I'm a submitted, I'm sick or someone they did that school I didn't know lamb and sheep same thing.
Speaker 4: I look at us like we're going to go, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Did you know this?
Speaker 4: Yes, we knew.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you knew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a baby sheep.
Speaker 2: I only knew a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: Well, there you got huge.
Speaker 3: Discovery, huge moment in my life. The kids were just laughing at men. He's in charge of us. All right, So what's your late in life discovery?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: You're all right, here's something on the show and you still want to chip into A couple days later, we call it late to the party. No topic on the show has ever fully arrested. Can email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au Luis has done that. Good Morning Christian was just a Monday show. Jack asked if you open your Christmas presents on the twenty fourth or the twenty fifth, and you said the twenty fifth, like the rest of the world, So that you know there are some countries that do not do this. Portugal, on the Czech Republic they open all their Christmas presents on Christmas Eve on the twenty fourth. Spain get this. I didn't know this Spain and Europe. Spain opened their Christmas presents on the sixth of January.
Speaker 4: How's the patience or are they doing that thing which my dad would love to do, where you wait for the Christmas sales to come and then we do Christmas can take advant of all the discounts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do have the sixth of January because that's apparently traditionally the history of the Nativity story when the three Wise Kings finally arrived in Spain and gave the presents to the baby Jesus.
Speaker 2: I do not know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like they're missing out.
Speaker 3: Do they know the rest of the world or they lied to in Spain and the Spanish kids said no, everyone does six or j But we're seeing on our Instagram feeds people opening presents that's from last year's the sixth of January.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 3: Okay, this morning you can kill us up on nine four one four one o four three. What did you find out late in life? U? We got Gary on the line.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Yeah, good morning, isn't there you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Pretty good? Gary?
Speaker 2: Hope you well this morning, Gary? What did you find out late in life?
Speaker 7: A few years ago when you buy your sew him in your instant noodle's cup. When you open the cardboard and feel it is the two plastic bags of the flavors. And on those bags, each side of the edge is a sparted edge. And I didn't know one day. I just a sort of all open it this way and use the serrated edge, and it's an easy turner bag. Rather than touring a fight that a little toy bag to open at what some people do? You just use a serrated edge and a tear straight across.
Speaker 4: Real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm terrible like you.
Speaker 3: I can never have the patience to find those serrated edges, that little perforated one.
Speaker 2: I just what do you didn't find? Just use your teeth and rip it off?
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, you just used to part of the bag, but that's coming. Just hold the bag horizon, they're left and right and you just tear it and a sprake line.
Speaker 3: Real eady Garha's all love about this. I can just pick up the joy in this discovery. There's been a game change of you and the way you enjoy instant noodles.
Speaker 4: And then the problem with the bite open is it can explode the powder everywhere, So you go to bye a bank. All the flavors go all over your top.
Speaker 3: So do you find that you're now enjoying your instant noodles in entirely different ways?
Speaker 2: Improve your relationships with them?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, well it's about to cut me two minute class.
Speaker 2: There's all right, Gary, thank you very much. You'll take care mate.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we start a new game we're playing this week with you, testing your knowledge of Christmas movies.
Speaker 2: We call it this Flixley done?
Speaker 4: Is this sect have been in the Christmas film?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 9: You are Christmas?
Speaker 3: You are whenever I hear this. Oh, he has mended the awful cut he made yesterday. Mark, our audio producer, he chopped it up yesterday in a butcher's block.
Speaker 4: I'm going to find the old one and stick it back in. I mean, that's not much better, It's not is it shocker? All right?
Speaker 2: Then this is how it works, Jack breaking down for them.
Speaker 4: Well, actually I have changed the rules of the game this morning. Yesterday it was do you know what this is?
Speaker 2: Brave new cheritory.
Speaker 3: I'd hoped you'd this week finally gets you where you can evolve and learn from mistakes.
Speaker 2: This is brilliant, how exciting.
Speaker 4: I definitely wouldn't call yesterday's game and mistake.
Speaker 2: Of course you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: It was just a fifty fifty answer is too easy?
Speaker 3: Yes, I decided so well, not for I don't remember our friend last week, a couple of weeks ago on the Brian Adams Share Yeah Radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, five fifty fifties in a row, she lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm going to talk about this forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you go around for months on the radio show, go.
Speaker 3: Oh big Brand Adams and you can't wait his coming, give me the give me the tickets. We designed a really, really easy quiz. You stuff it up on day one two.
Speaker 5: What's the new rules of your new game?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking Pats yesterday. It was just I would name an actor Tom Cruise. You'd have to tell me yes or no. Easy in a Christmas film. Yes, it's not so easy. Today I will name an actor who is in a Christmas film. You have to name the film. Wow, all right, same rules of buzzers, So you can pick a Christmas mistletoe and perk slay they will be your buzzers. The actor is Tom Hanks.
Speaker 3: Missiletoe, Christian Sea, Cincinnato, Pats. It's got Christmas Tree one of the scenes.
Speaker 4: That's it. It does feel around Christmas time.
Speaker 3: That's not.
Speaker 5: Is it Philadelphia?
Speaker 4: The answer is Polar Express.
Speaker 2: Did you see Philadel? Do you know what that movie is about?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: But isn't there a scene at the party it's Christmas time? Or is it New Years? She's kidding me, No, it's New Year's.
Speaker 4: That's right, Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that well known Christmas movie Field, good Christmas movie. I gathered all the family around in it to put Philadelphia on.
Speaker 4: You're both wrong. The answers Polar Express.
Speaker 3: You say Liam Nees and she's gonna bust you and go Shinder's List Fast?
Speaker 2: Is it a Christmas list?
Speaker 5: He's got Philadelphia dress up?
Speaker 6: And I thought it was Chris It's New Years.
Speaker 3: There is Hi calling down to play Frosty nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're playing our new game. We're playing testing your Christmas movie knowledge.
Speaker 10: Flix novi don is this sect of being in Christmas fields?
Speaker 11: You a movie?
Speaker 5: Christmas how?
Speaker 12: You are moving.
Speaker 3: Christa mine the game. All right, then, so there's a new change to the game. The last twenty four hours, which is.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, it was o'l name an actor. You say yes they're in a movie or no, they're not in a Christmas movie. Today all actors are in the Christmas movie. You have to name the.
Speaker 2: Movie in a word.
Speaker 3: Fiendish, what you've done there for grabs. It's a nice surprize. They finllaged Cinema Gold Class voucher. Get in for our winners this morning, Marty, good morning, Good morning, Marley. Welcome to the show and plix labnat So all you need is to pick a Christmas word, any Christmas word.
Speaker 2: For your mouth buzzer.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go with bell.
Speaker 4: Gonna go bells, all right, Marny, you and our bells. Good luck, Bells.
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Taking on Terry, Terry, what what are you going to go for?
Speaker 13: Mate, Rudolph, I hope you quicker than that when you're.
Speaker 4: Answering to satellite delay. Terry, You're right, Terry, that's Kerry.
Speaker 2: It's carry producer. Chack did mention to it.
Speaker 3: One of our producers today, the the Dream Team that he touched his shirt just pants today to try and affect the air of a more professional producer and Terry Kerry.
Speaker 2: Oh, anyway that's made.
Speaker 4: So carry you are now, Rudolph.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, good luck, Rudolph chat the all yours.
Speaker 4: The first actor or actress is Cameron Diaz. Name the Christmas film? Oh I heard bells?
Speaker 1: Money?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm going away, but you're going away for Christmas? Or with this brainstorming here, it's not called going away, Kerry. You can have a steal yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's happening you? Let's control the show.
Speaker 4: It is called the holiday Kerry goes one point out Rudolph Kerry's Rudolf, Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 12: Money, huh bells money, go ahead, money, go ahead, No bells, No, not coming to America.
Speaker 14: Murphy's just happening.
Speaker 2: I can cross time, Harry.
Speaker 4: You can take the steel if you think you know that Eddie Murphy crystals film, Rudolph, I.
Speaker 11: Just got blake, mate, that's all right.
Speaker 4: That one was trading places, trading places, no points awarded, not.
Speaker 13: Hilarious scoring stuff today Arnold Swartz and easy one. Oh, don't giggle while you playing? Say you buzza?
Speaker 2: Did Kerry? Did I hear you say?
Speaker 4: Carrien, Rudolph, go ahead jingle.
Speaker 3: Yes, well.
Speaker 2: That's so weony today.
Speaker 4: You have the tickets.
Speaker 2: But Cinema's Gold cast coming your way.
Speaker 7: Okay, well done, awesome, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 2: I have a great Christmas. Rudolph, tough luck bells say my best, Terry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, beautiful looking morning. I've already had an email from one of my old listeners in England. They've heard, they're listening. Obviously it's a late night show now in the UK and the perhaps you talk about the weather, what it's getting up to tomorrow, and then what it's going to Friday, and they've.
Speaker 2: Just gone London's never been that hot. That's all they want to keep saying to it.
Speaker 3: At the moment, I keep going, we're really looking forward to the summer, and people are like, oh, you're going to struggle.
Speaker 4: What is the hardest temperature in London? Has that you remember?
Speaker 3: Thirties early thirty I remember it getting to early thirties around the UK where I grew up when I was a kid, and I'm not making this up.
Speaker 2: They closed roads because the tarmacs started to melt.
Speaker 5: That happens here, is it? They don't close the roads though we're tough.
Speaker 4: Just drive over it.
Speaker 3: Well, I've sinning years about the tailgating you the worst in Australian Victoria.
Speaker 5: Which you're always going on about Melbourne drivers.
Speaker 3: No friendliest people in the world until you're geting cars, and then it's all the rules are off.
Speaker 2: All right, there's so busy show today.
Speaker 3: We've got one of your favorite features that you love on the show, Facebook Marketplace surprices right coming up during the next hour.
Speaker 2: Before that, though, there's something about older brothers and sisters.
Speaker 3: And I speak as an older brother myself, you and older brother too, Yes, the firstborn club, that's you.
Speaker 5: I'm the youngest of four.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Well the rest of boys, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so they all looked after you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, they were fiercely protective, but held me down quite often and gave me Chinese burns and stuff.
Speaker 3: Heard that phrase in a long long time. When was the last time you had to worry about.
Speaker 2: Someone leaping out from a school corridor and giving you a Chinese bone? Imagine if part.
Speaker 3: Of your praise or they went O'Connor. It has not been a good show today. Give me a four please, so.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't want to do it hurts me, that hurts you. When it's time for the old Chinese burn, I think it an.
Speaker 3: Effective way to encourage staff morale, you know, their performance, sort of a performance bonuses. The opposite would be listen, we have a couple more links like that. Then you're back in the office and it's Chinese burn time for you. Okay, give us your four arm roll up the sleep. So anyway, the reason one I'm talking about being an older brother sister is they've had an amazing email from Philippa. She was listening to show this week when we're talking about losing fingers. On Monday, I met that AFL guy who elected voluntarily to have a finger removed because it kept getting injured. When he was playing AFL Christian, I was in the garden with my big brother and he was messing around with his bike. The bike was upside down, the will's pointing upwards clean.
Speaker 2: As soon as I.
Speaker 3: Started to read it before the show today, my stomach started to get creasy because you know, bad.
Speaker 4: Things are just about to happen, and they do. He is pretending to fix it.
Speaker 2: This older brother.
Speaker 3: The deviousness already of the older brother. He's pretended to fix it. He says he needs my help and asked me to reach up and put my hand in the chain. He uses that exact moment to start peddling furiously and I lose. Basically I losing the end of my right index finger. My mum is also the blaming the story because I might actually because she decided to the best thing to do was to run my hand under the tap to see what the damage was. That's when the end of the tip of my finger finally detect with the water pressure and went down the plug. Oh sorry, darling, thanks to my immediate family, I cannot have a manicure now where that happened to tell this entire story, Philip, that's a great email.
Speaker 2: I love that so this morning.
Speaker 3: Then what did your older brother not just brothers, not just older brothers, just older sisters as well.
Speaker 4: They can do this too.
Speaker 2: What did they do to you?
Speaker 1: Nine four one one four three The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: What did your older brother or sister do to you? We have had to do a lot of judicious editing about calls. We simply cannot broadcast some of the stuff.
Speaker 4: Just I, I do you think that kid who cycled the bike with his fingers in the chain? Is it come from a place of evil? I just always remember the feeling of a kid of not thinking about something in retrospect. Of course, that was a stupid thing to do.
Speaker 3: You have no impulse control. You're You're left to the week that people have those urges, don't they? You know, but we can't give in to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what will happen if I put all my sister's fingers.
Speaker 3: I can't do that because she probably lose a finger. All right, there's Pauline's on the line. Good morning, Pauline, Good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, paul In hope you well, this one that's to call on the show. So what happened?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 14: I've got an older brother.
Speaker 9: It's two years older than me, and I'm not just gis. Remember the film Gremlin?
Speaker 16: I love that movies great, Yeah it is great now, but when you're little and thought for the first time, it was the most serifying movie I had ever seen in my life, apart from watching Jaws in three D.
Speaker 9: That was scariencing. So that night, after watching Gremlins, my brother snuck into my room and hitting my cupboard, and when I went into my room, he left that leaving like a banshee and terrified the living dowlights out of me. And I'm now forty three years old and to this day I still check my cupboard before I.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. It stayed with you, the fair that he could be luking in the.
Speaker 9: Cupboards, terrifying, terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's prettying. Thank you very much. You cool, no worries.
Speaker 8: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, maybe there's a phone in one day? What happened to you? Were you still to the stay have to do something? I love that fact to the stage she still us to check in the cupboards.
Speaker 3: Stacy, good morning. Hey, hey going, we'll going Stacy. So you the older brother sister and the story or what happened to you?
Speaker 14: It was my older brother. We used to walk to and from school and he used to hide in people's houses and we used to have these trees. We used to call them itchy bomb trees, right, and they've had these bolts on them and if you cut them in half, you brought them on your skinny For hours.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 14: He used to jump out behind me or in front of me while I was walking home from school and rub them all over me. And I'd be itching for hours and hours.
Speaker 3: Many mates, What I mean, does he now work for the CIA as an interrogator at Guantanamo or something?
Speaker 14: It just if that memory has stuck with me all the time, and he's I'm trees and leaves.
Speaker 2: Me up there, Stacy, thank you very much. I'm keeping a Tandy.
Speaker 4: By the way of how many stories involve an older brother, an evil older brother.
Speaker 2: And an older sister.
Speaker 3: At the moment, it's three nail, two evil older brothers. Let's see what Claire has got.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Claire, Good morning, how are you? I'm good Claire? And older brother, little sister?
Speaker 4: What did they do to you?
Speaker 14: It's an older brother, okay?
Speaker 2: And what did what dides terror do to you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 15: He did a few things, but I guess the top of the list was we had a very big chest freezer back in the eighties and he would take the meat out and put me in there Insteadnam so I couldn't get.
Speaker 4: Out what I mean.
Speaker 2: The kids listening right now, people can die, Sandy. Kids have died that way.
Speaker 14: Yet yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and he also in the eighties. I don't know if you remember those plastic mats in the house with spikes. Hold me up on those and stand on me.
Speaker 4: Who was this hit that you grew up with?
Speaker 15: He's beautiful. I love him very much, but yeah, not when he was you know, the teenager.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, you cool, Thank you. These are the ones we're putting.
Speaker 3: To Air's a whole load of awfulness that I've heard from. Now we're going to he counseling after today's show. The stories have heard Robin Coome oning.
Speaker 2: Hello, older brother or sister, sister? Right for one? Okay, what did she do to you?
Speaker 9: She electrocuted me?
Speaker 17: Should we really love it?
Speaker 4: What did she do to you?
Speaker 9: We shared a bedroom and which she hated, and she didn't want me using her lamp, so she just out of One day she takes the bulb art so I couldn't you hurt? Idyboy Land And I didn't know what was on, and I went to pitch it on and touched with the globe goes and yeah, I've got sort of not quite film across the room for being a executed Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Really is like that thing in Jurassic Park where he blows backwards. You actually got airborn.
Speaker 3: Go if you want that on today's show, Happy to set it up for you. You know, there's a lot of lights in the studio you can touch to see how far we can take.
Speaker 2: Guess is how how far is Jack Gonnet? Whe's gonna land?
Speaker 4: Robin? Thank?
Speaker 2: What's she call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show? Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: So I played?
Speaker 3: Then our last Facebook Marketplace price is right of the year. This is where we take a deep trawl through all the strange, unusual and at times tat the people are selling on Facebook Marketplace. Jack and Pat's taking each other on to try and guess how much they're asking for.
Speaker 10: It's the Facebook Marketplace price.
Speaker 18: Write Christmas Edition, Petrina Jones tume on down yep, Christian?
Speaker 2: All right then, so kind of Christmas edition.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of Christmas items, couple of classics as well in here.
Speaker 2: All right then? So you too ready to take each other on? I bring it on all right?
Speaker 3: Then I read out the scription. You've got to both guess how much they're asking for. If you've never heard the game before, please We're always looking for contributors to have a look on Facebook marketplace. Do you see anything. It's not just the unusual item, it's also what people describe and what people put into the text that they've got a good long bit of time to really think about. They're sharing it with the world. Like this large bag of moss. You you've got to take a photo of the bag of moss. Time put upload it. Use the very small amount for decoration at wedding pickup in emerald.
Speaker 2: Bag of moss, the large bag of moss, real moss. Who's selling faint moss recently?
Speaker 4: Moss is a decoration?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can buy it fat Yeah? But how much is it a bag?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: How much is it? That's the game?
Speaker 5: No, I mean like the size of the Genie of the week. What's it like a supermarket bag for it's a zip lock bag.
Speaker 3: Oh so a little bag, but it's a large one. Fit your sandwiches in this yeh yeah, that you decorate with it. Listen, I think we're done on asking the questions and cross examining this sacred document.
Speaker 2: A tearing shrouds. It's a large bag of moss.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say ten dollars.
Speaker 2: People often put them on like Nativity decorations. They put decorations. I said ten fifteen dollars. You take an early lead there. This is an amazing one.
Speaker 3: Prehistoric yep, prehistoric sabertooth tiger skull replica on stands. Look great in any home this. Who wouldn't love to own a prehistoric sabertooth tiger skull a replica on stand? The sale right here in Melbourne only put up thirteen hours ago.
Speaker 4: Any materials listing, Nope, just.
Speaker 2: A sabertooth tiger skull replica.
Speaker 5: On stand plaster or paras or something.
Speaker 2: How much do you think this is going for?
Speaker 5: Fifty bucks?
Speaker 4: Twelve?
Speaker 3: Come on, wait, it's a prehistoric replica? One three five, one hundred and thirty five dollars. Yes, what about this one?
Speaker 2: Then this one?
Speaker 3: I'm staggered to believe that anyone would go to the effort of this empty cheese rapper.
Speaker 5: Oh you're kidding.
Speaker 3: No, empty cheese rapper. This is someone in Melbourne, empty cheese rapper, excellent condition.
Speaker 5: It's some the lavorable Are you having this on?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: The guy there's a photo of the guy with his hand in the photo modeling the empty cheese.
Speaker 5: Wrap like one of those individual wraps.
Speaker 3: You get your tasty cheese, don't you enough singles? Insane the singles, and they've got that little sleeve they're in.
Speaker 2: You've got to open up to keep it file fresh.
Speaker 4: So didn't have cheesy bits on the inside as he cleaned it.
Speaker 3: Oh look, the guy doesn't lie. It is in excellent condition. I get the thing, he's rinsed it out. However, I mean, you're going to go and drive round this guy's house for one of these, and I'm here.
Speaker 2: For the empty cheese wrapper. You're honest as well. I'm looking at how much asking for it.
Speaker 3: Go and buy a tent mack of cheese, get ten of these empty cheese wrappers.
Speaker 5: You go first check.
Speaker 4: I was going to say low thirty cents, but now I go four dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go twenty dollars, seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Jack managed to get his first one this morning. Christmas treat for horses.
Speaker 3: This was an adelaide filled with yummy Lucerne cubes and possibly deliver it if you buy more.
Speaker 2: All right, so Christmas treat for horses. It's a sack. It's not soccer pay. It's a sack.
Speaker 3: All those Santa faces on the sack and inside are whatever. Lucerne cubes are Christmas treat for horses.
Speaker 4: I think you can charge a pretty penny for.
Speaker 2: Horse style anything.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say one hundred.
Speaker 2: Six dollars.
Speaker 5: It's another one to Pet's all right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next some classic items on this the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three second round for this, it's the.
Speaker 10: Facebook Marketplace price.
Speaker 4: Right Christmas Edition.
Speaker 17: Patrina Jones Tume.
Speaker 13: On downs with her today he stole one Christian.
Speaker 2: All right round two.
Speaker 3: Then as I read out some of these strange mutue items that are being sold on Facebook or marketplace, if you ever spy anything for us a lot to have them. Christian at Gold one four to three dot com dot au. Everyone's so busy album. It's just so busy, just trying to get through the day. I'm most curious. Sometimes I'll see an item and I'll read it out and I think, is it really worth that.
Speaker 2: Much time and effort.
Speaker 3: You're taking the photo, typing out the description, then people bothering you going you know, okay, well you take this amount of money I can't come round on a Saturday, but can I let you know about the Sunday at five? You got to wait in for them just to sell this a bottle of engine oil? Is it really worth that?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 3: Golf Western Premium Gold engine Oil, fifteen W forty five liter brand new engine oil. I bought it less than one month ago. I got it just in case of my trip last week, but I didn't use it. Shut up, now finish my trip. So I'm selling it.
Speaker 4: Engine oil something. I've never bought a.
Speaker 2: Toy automatic car of yours.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's fairly dear the supermarket and the server. You can get it at the supermarket.
Speaker 8: What do you?
Speaker 4: I don't know how often you mean to do it? Oh, don't wait until that red light comes on, because it can just seize up.
Speaker 2: How are you an adult?
Speaker 3: How did you get to thirty one after one hour? You've just glided through life engine but you've got cars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, someone.
Speaker 4: Does that point.
Speaker 5: He's got people for all that now he's famous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll go twelve dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say eighteen.
Speaker 4: Oh, Patsy is so good on this game.
Speaker 2: Twenty bucks.
Speaker 5: For one?
Speaker 2: All right? The last two items we're going to hear about this year. It's two classics. We go to the engagement rings?
Speaker 5: Are you and your rings?
Speaker 3: Diamond engagement ring up in cans purchased from Angus and Cook Canes Central approximately twelve ago, selling due to obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: That's sad, but we don't know the obvious reason. Doing.
Speaker 4: Someone could have changed their mind. That's somebody else. We don't know one. At least one person in the relationship changed their mind.
Speaker 2: But we don't know.
Speaker 3: Is it obvious why they changed their mind? We don't know doing. How much is it going for? Diamond engagement ring?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, description? How bigs of stone?
Speaker 4: You know? We need the four seeds? Old craft forgot We've got the old Master jewel in Melbourne's Master.
Speaker 5: Julian got my eye glass?
Speaker 4: What are the four seeds? Wait?
Speaker 5: What current clarity?
Speaker 4: Clarity engine oil? That clarity color color?
Speaker 5: And what's the other one?
Speaker 4: Carrot?
Speaker 2: Good chat? How much we're going for?
Speaker 5: What's the size?
Speaker 2: It doesn't say, Okay, I could be anything.
Speaker 5: I'll say eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred dollars. Jack, you get that one? Last one of the year. Then here in Melbourne white gold diamond engagement ring, excellent condition, no longer le did Lol?
Speaker 2: Is that the right thing to say? That excellent condition no longer needed?
Speaker 4: Lol?
Speaker 3: White gold diamond engagement ring here in Melbourne, excellent condition, no longer needed.
Speaker 2: Lol. It was long at the end of that fourth says someone's obviously made up.
Speaker 4: We don't know anything about that.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful looking ring.
Speaker 4: Has he got a stone in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a definite stone.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're guessing here. Can we see a photo of it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Miss just got on with it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go lower. I'm going to say six hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars six fifty.
Speaker 1: Yes, says the Winds the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're going to try this now an exact snapshot of what is going on in the cars of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's t taime.
Speaker 3: My wife was telling about a huge argument her and the kids had had in the morning, just after eight o'clock school rum.
Speaker 4: It's a flash point.
Speaker 3: Two daughters, two girls arguing with each other, starts in the house, spills into the car ugly scenes. Older sister use younger sisters hairbrush to me. It says the hair brush, you know, just use it some of that. But they've got they've got their own. They've got their own hair brush, and it's getting nasty in the car and a massive argument yesterday evening. As my wife is telling me about it, they get back into it. Suddenly there's my two daughters and my wife arguing with each other. It's not the scene in Whserwoir Dogs where they're all pointing goes to each other. I try and make a joke to line up. They all stop and glare at me, and I'm like, oh god, I think like a un peacekeepers sort of hat or something, you know, waving a flag. So I thought we should try this this morning.
Speaker 2: Car wars.
Speaker 4: What are you arguing about right now in your car?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: It might be a school run, it might be you in a work mate, one of you's running late. I want to know exactly all the details about how boring you think they are. Let's find out what are people arguing about in your cars right now here in Melbourne. You know the traffic's probably bad. You're not going into anywhere, so give us a call nine four one four one o four three. Let's find out what are you arguing about in your car right now?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three looking car wars. We're trying to find out radio experiment right now, snapshot? What is happening in your car? What are you arguing about right now? Nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 4: Will our job to be helped settle the argument? Or are we just called fly on the wall? Mediate? Okay?
Speaker 3: You know I tried it yesterday almost as any You do not want to get in an argument for two girls and a mum. It is cat fight if you're using the reservoirser shut up, you loser.
Speaker 5: That's just Sarah and me.
Speaker 2: Christian, Well, it's so easy though.
Speaker 3: It just ignites and it becomes this really big, high energy argument about something quite simare What was it?
Speaker 6: You and Chris were arguing that We're on the way into town on Sunday on the whist gate there's a new billboard for the Aquaman movie and Chris goes, I can't wait to see Aquaman.
Speaker 5: And I said what?
Speaker 6: He goes Aquaman? I said, what is your man or somethingmen? He goes, it's aqua. I said, the color is aqua?
Speaker 5: It was like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: How does he pronounce the color aqua?
Speaker 2: No, he's wrong.
Speaker 5: I know he's wrong. He's always from.
Speaker 2: Why is he trying to get all fans? He's not.
Speaker 4: We need.
Speaker 3: Frank's aline. Good morning, Frank Christian, Good morning mate, Frank. Tell us what's going on in the car right now? What are you arguing about?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm about to pull up in school late. I've got my two daughters and my eldest one is just checking the makeup on and we seem to argue in morning about it. She's always late, but she seems to think that she's never late.
Speaker 3: This is this is my life. You know, my kids, I'm trying to get the house on time. They're always late. I find it so stressful.
Speaker 11: But they're always late. And it's like grand home day and a certain point the court of mascaret comes here. Ever about the past the car and you know what. I love you guys so much, but the kid's got a guy. Now, kid, you gotta go.
Speaker 7: I love you.
Speaker 2: And Frank, is this where you go for the first time this morning?
Speaker 11: Now, I've still got the silent, relentlessness of it.
Speaker 4: All right, Frank, thanks for giving.
Speaker 11: Us a come mate, so they guy's gotta go. You're make me light.
Speaker 3: Sorry, add into more frank stress more Frankie, Ricky, good morning, how you mate?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Ricky? So what's going on your car right now? Why you are arguing?
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm safe because she's not in the car, so there's no way I could tell you that that she was here. A long story show A drop her to work every day to this bus stop, and eight times out of ten it's always the same bus stop. So I'm driving to the same bullstop we usually drop her off. Her and I take a turn and she says, well, what are you doing? And I said, what what do you mean? I'm dropping you to our usual spot. No, I want to go to the other one. I was like, that's fine, but just you know, let me know in advance, because we're against the cash as it is. So yeah, big argument. Then I went around she she barely saying goodbye to me.
Speaker 3: So what does she expect you to be a mind reader and somehow know which stop to go to?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, that's what I say to her. I'm not a mind reader. Just let me know in evance. I don't mind. But she's she's thinking, and she's thinking like we're picking up on each other when they're talking, which is cute. But I can't read her mind.
Speaker 2: How many times do you think a man has yelled out in frustration? Am I a mind reader?
Speaker 8: Lots of times? Also, there's no chance in the world I'd be telling her the story if she was sitting here, because.
Speaker 3: You're brave, but you're not stupid, right, Yes, yes, I hope she doesn't hear this from anyone else.
Speaker 5: Awesome accent.
Speaker 2: It's the best, Ricky, Thank you very much, she called me.
Speaker 11: She has all the best loved the show, all the best guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, buddy.
Speaker 4: So let us know, then, what are you arguing about in your car right now?
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Car was What are you arguing about in your car right now? That's what we're trying to find out this morning.
Speaker 7: Kerry, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 19: I've got two five year olds who argue about looking at each other.
Speaker 2: We got some presenters at this radio station. I can get like that.
Speaker 19: Every morning of my life. They do this for a fifteen minute car ride.
Speaker 4: So what's the rule?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there is no rule.
Speaker 19: Just if if one does something wrong and looks at the other one, then there's a screaming match and then they end up screaming at each other and fired over everything.
Speaker 2: I could just this the image so that both five years.
Speaker 3: So they're in the booster seats in the back seat, right, they're sort of trying to reach over and kick each other and kick in the chairs.
Speaker 19: It's just at that age fling the do it will hit him in the head. But if I fling in the Spider Man, it will hit her.
Speaker 8: In the head.
Speaker 2: Also, don't you find kids at that age right?
Speaker 4: Five? What is that superhuman strength they've got When you try and buckle them into that booster seat and they stop bridging up, they.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go in any there are you? I'm about eighteen times stronger than you. Where are you getting this titanium superhero strength from? They won't go with them.
Speaker 19: She tried getting shoes on them when they don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: Carry that's a great call.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Have a good day, mate.
Speaker 7: He's enjoyed by Belinda.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Belinda car Wars. What are you arguing about in your car right now.
Speaker 14: Well, we're on the way to work.
Speaker 9: My husband drops me off and we just post John Sign on a song and we started talking about the day in the green yep and I said, you know he's doing with spring Jack. My husband, Rea is going to do every song for me with spring Deck And I'm like, oh, you can't do everythingle song. So we're having an argument over.
Speaker 8: Why can hear him?
Speaker 2: Is he's still chipping in?
Speaker 3: You know when someone's been pulled off someone after a fighter won't get.
Speaker 4: You later.
Speaker 3: Report And it's just the fact that you've had genuinely and arguing about this where and it doesn't really matter it, does it? Because they do a load of songs and you're gonna it's beautiful surroundings out there at that gig as well. The weather's going to be great. It's all good, really, isn't it. Why do you need to get into it now?
Speaker 4: I do you know what?
Speaker 15: And the funny thing was, which I wondering, we're not having an argument right now?
Speaker 4: Where did you put him? By the way, have you sent him to the back seat?
Speaker 2: He's in a booster seat. She starts him into booster seat in the back seat.
Speaker 9: There I'm currently blaming you guys, But.
Speaker 2: Linda thanks to giving us a call.
Speaker 4: Daniel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Christian, good morning, Good morning Daniel. Welcome to La Shaw and welcome to car Wars. What are you arguing about right now?
Speaker 11: Well, again, you guys are at fault for this one.
Speaker 7: We're actually arguing about the name of this topic. I like the name car.
Speaker 11: Wars, thank you Star Wars.
Speaker 7: But my daughter here, Caitlin has other ideas.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm happy to do speak to Kate. Didn't take our ideas on the floor. Okay, is there is Caitlin there?
Speaker 5: Yes, she's grumpy already.
Speaker 4: Caitlin. How old are you let me get as teenager?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Indeed, right, Okay, I've got one a teenager. I know how to handle teenagers with care. Yeah, Kaitlyn, you know you've got about your better idea than car Wars. Yes.
Speaker 7: I just heard you.
Speaker 19: Said something no longer along the lines of arguments.
Speaker 14: That you've had in your car, and I thought about it for a second. I was like, what are the name of arguments?
Speaker 3: Argument is a very very good thing, because what I'm thinking straight away, Caitlyn's think we do a spin off one? What have you argued about in the pub for arguments as well. There are various of the spinoffs, but the teenager over Caitlin's warming.
Speaker 2: Up a bit.
Speaker 4: Car Wars is a bit more you know, there's a bit more energy to it's Car Wars.
Speaker 2: It's a war in the car Car Wars?
Speaker 7: Well, who wins?
Speaker 2: Christian?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: I get the feeling with the frosty silence. Someone from the tough crowd there, Caitlyn. So Caitan's had enough of this, have you?
Speaker 14: I'm going to be like.
Speaker 3: She's leaving me hanging vicious? Caitlyn, are you made to listen to the show in the morning?
Speaker 8: Not really a.
Speaker 4: Katelyn.
Speaker 3: I'm going to pay you over the summer to be like a human billboard for the show the christianer Connor Breakfast shame. I enjoy it, Okay, listen, Caitlyn, and I love chatting to you. I'm going to give you a little price here. We've got a family pass to go to the zoo because I know teenagers love going to the zoo.
Speaker 2: He's taking us to the zoo tomorrow. At the zoo tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the zoo.
Speaker 3: I enjoy all the lines over the giraffe. I'm going a better name for the giraffe long neck. All right, guys, Kate, then you can call the show any time with better ideas than ours. AKA all right, Daniel, thank you very much. Stay there, guys, will give you.
Speaker 1: A prize the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Jack and I just wrote that song It's going to work out.
Speaker 3: How can we get more reluctant teenage listeners talking to us on the show?
Speaker 2: I love Channel Kiln. I thought that was just great.
Speaker 3: All right, Then another chance you to win another big prize thanks to Chapel Street. Twelve Days of Christmas, we're giving away a twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts all thanks to Chapel Street Stay number twelve ten sorry already. And today we're giving away a penthouse stay for two at the Cunnon this Christmas shop plane stay at the iconic Chapel Street. So we're doing this because we're giving away so many these amazing prizes. Yesterday it was a year's worth of dumplings from mister Markie, one thousand dollars worth of old school vinyl on Monday.
Speaker 4: So many prizes, so many winners. How do we how do we play this all back?
Speaker 3: Jack sings it reluctantly like a kind of teenager on the show. Actually, rist o'connells.
Speaker 4: Christmas on the tenth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you because the col and Steward from Croydon years worth of dumpling, Shanny from beller At one old school, Vinyl Andy in firm, one thousand dollar bit I can in Caroline Springs years worth of ice cream. Rachel and Crampon got theater tickets, hell On Scott a bit just became Danny Ellen Brighton seeing them and Boucher Andy from Mendo one free burgess for a whole year. Kind of did it?
Speaker 16: Did it?
Speaker 2: One of the worlds fed off patch?
Speaker 3: It was? It was?
Speaker 2: It was the insake of breath.
Speaker 4: All right, are too fast now do you think?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, trust me.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow goes up by another twenty percent, and then one thousand percent on Friday.
Speaker 2: You will fall, You will stumble on Friday.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Before that, then, okay, this is how you'm gonna win this penthouse stay for two a great price. What's more, then, Father Christmas is flying over to Australia. He has to leave earlier, you know, to make it all the way here. And he's got the inslay car radio, and of course there's only one station wants at Locksit. He wants to win the golden tickets for him in the Elves next year. I mean, they get all that downtime, don't they from January to November? So what are they gonna do? Go and see all the bigger shows in town? But however, what song is he listened to on his inslay car radio?
Speaker 4: Have a listen?
Speaker 17: Who's changed the channel again?
Speaker 10: I don't want to be falling asleep back in the.
Speaker 4: Wheel point three?
Speaker 10: Turn this up. This is the first bit bu bloody health. It's cold up here. I'll be back soon. Don't touch any of my stuff.
Speaker 3: He's very possessive about his stuff today, isn't it. I hadn't heard that part of the so part this week for.
Speaker 4: A man he gives, so ny, don't touch this stuff all right? Give us.
Speaker 3: What was the song Sante was enjoying night? Don't get rubber graws.
Speaker 5: Don't need to come in there and.
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one o four three give us a cool please.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is odd behavior?
Speaker 3: Just exiting the men's toilets here and our sales director Pete Yep, you know, yep, that guy he is walking in with his phone out, walking into the men's toilet with his phone out in his hand like on camera mode on caram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not making this up as what I just saw. Do you think that's odd? What's he He's not taking those pictures in there? Is he?
Speaker 3: You know? It's an get to clients and saying unless the AdSpend goes up, then what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Well, I've seen I see guys at the urine or using their phone while that is just you can't I mean, how busy are you?
Speaker 5: I take my phone into the low here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we know what you do with your phone during the show.
Speaker 3: Pats personal stuff on your social media Facebook page.
Speaker 4: Apology, What do I need to apologize?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, just to some of us when we're at work doing the show.
Speaker 5: We're not done today doing the show.
Speaker 4: No, no, not just the same.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just like to post a little post up your Facebook on the show.
Speaker 6: Actually I put a picture of this studio is Elf on the show Elf on the Shelf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, her latest escapade Overnight. That's all right?
Speaker 2: Do you aware the show? Ours are six talk ten? Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Are you ready to sing? Yep?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: So we're giving one of these big prizes the twelve Days of Christmas, all thanks to Chapel Street. Huge prices showed day number ten on this We've given away so many prices so far. The easiest way to do it is Jack sings them back now as obviously the price is mount up, so does the pressure on Jack with the singing.
Speaker 2: You just had to stumble. Hopefully this is all going to go fine now you ready?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 10: It's Christen o'coddles twel Days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: On the tenth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you a penthouse at the Curl and stew It from Croydon, years worth of dumpling, Shanny from bellarrat one Old School final and the infirm one thousand dollars bit Tabcam in Caroline Springs, years worth of ice cream. Rachel and Cranburn got theater tickets. Alana from Linbrook's got ourselves some pizza. Penny from Colfield one Specialty Cakes, Danny Ellen Brighton seeing him about you, Andy from under one free Burgers for a.
Speaker 3: Look at that casual walks to the finished line with this one this morning well done. Okay, so each day this week, trying to give you the big prizes. Today is a penthouse stay for two at the cunn and you're listening out for the song that Santra's enjoying on is in slake our radio?
Speaker 17: Who's changed the channel again?
Speaker 10: I don't want to be falling asleep out of the.
Speaker 4: Wheel four point three?
Speaker 7: Turn this up.
Speaker 17: This is the first fit bloody health. It's cold up here. I'll be back soon.
Speaker 10: Don't touch any of my stuff.
Speaker 3: Sat still does like he's a guy. He still does like a stuff being touched, you know. All right then, so let's go to the lines. Now, what do you think the song is?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Chris, Good Christian, mate, I'm good. What do you think the song is? Chris?
Speaker 4: I think it might be bon Jovi Living on a Preer.
Speaker 2: Living on a Bret bon Jovi. No, it's not that one. Thanks try Chris. Donna, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Donna. Welcome to the show. Let's try and win you this Penthouse, stay for two at the Cunning. What do you think it is?
Speaker 15: I think it's You're the Voice Man by Johnny Farnan.
Speaker 2: You're the voice man.
Speaker 4: You're the voiceover man.
Speaker 2: You're the voice over man man put it in a decade that she hung up.
Speaker 4: She didn't appreciate that.
Speaker 3: To stop it, guys, le Lannie, good morning, good morning, good morning, Lei Lannie?
Speaker 2: How are you this morning?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 17: Thank you?
Speaker 2: How are you pretty good? Ley Lannie? And let's try and win you this penthouse staying for two at the Cunning.
Speaker 7: Who would you be taking with you my boyfriend?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about the use of the word um, my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to think and put a little um? All right, let's see if you can win it. What's the song?
Speaker 9: I think it's never Terrorist Apart by niss.
Speaker 17: Well Yet turn it up.
Speaker 2: It's the final countdown, Wow, Lalani.
Speaker 3: Then you get the penthouse, stay for two at the Cunning, and have a fantastic time you and your brifriend.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a great Christian.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much Christian.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 3: I have a great time. Doan's to listen to the show. Okay, another big chance to win tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for the days that word time waste. It's gonna make you hungry.
Speaker 4: Do I have time for my news anecdote or no?
Speaker 2: This is a time.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's happening in Melbourne right now, this story. But the standoff with the standoff. My friend is a carpenter who's working in the building is on lockdown for like six hours last night while they tried to come in.
Speaker 3: It's one of your Mexican builders, is its.
Speaker 7: Jack stand up?
Speaker 4: We built Reynolds Anyway, he was meant to be an testant on the Chase the seven Game show and you had to call and say, I can't do it because I'm in I'm locked up in the building. Would you kidding?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know that. How you missed out? Alrighty?
Speaker 3: So this is a new weekly feature calls Jack news anecdotes. All right, then, So today's that one time I said today you'll probably be aware National Cookie Day.
Speaker 4: God, that's making me so hungry.
Speaker 3: All right, So we're looking for your cookie movies on National Cookie Day. I've got twelve angry gingerbread men. So what catch me if you can? Oh yeah, yeah, that's good. Thank you murder on the Aureo Express Gold, Thank you Texas Chainsaw Macaron gold. There will be red velvet.
Speaker 4: What for their moving blood?
Speaker 2: Oh I'll do it so well. All right, y's forget that one. An officer and a gingerbread man. Okay, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Jingle all the wafer? That's good Cookie of the year.
Speaker 3: So I thought we're gett another news out and though finder mimas on that grassy knole.
Speaker 4: Cookie of the year if a Rookie of the year. Film yea the Last King of Scotch finger and paint your wagon wheel?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, classic wagon wheel. Good stuff there, all right, send us your sin on National Cookie Day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Judging from the huge amount of entries today for the time was stuff actually, hundreds of.
Speaker 2: You people love cookies.
Speaker 4: We're all hunging in here now.
Speaker 3: Time day where you know people get into work, don't they and they get to put the kettle on, they want a coffee and you want something there have with it. This is that time, I think nine p fifteen is your coffee break time, isn't it? What are your favorite cookies?
Speaker 4: I like love a Tim Tam.
Speaker 2: Tim Tams are amazing.
Speaker 3: We have a UK version that people always in the UK always said that you stole from us, called the Penguin.
Speaker 2: Similar thing, similar thing?
Speaker 5: Does it come in different varieties like the Tim Tam?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and great for sucking up a team?
Speaker 8: Oh yes?
Speaker 5: Or port? Have you ever done it with port?
Speaker 4: I like a wagon wheel?
Speaker 3: Wagon wheels great, but as an adult now would you really chuck down a wagon of.
Speaker 4: The day rushing into a wagon wheel these days?
Speaker 5: I like a Monte Carlo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right?
Speaker 3: And so anyway, our favorite two cookies for your cookie movies Bump Tredition Today, Tim Tam spotting.
Speaker 4: What's silver?
Speaker 2: Michael giong yo yo only lived twice? You only live?
Speaker 3: That's all a male, the short red Redemption, Gold Field of a sort of creams, gold plus Croydon.
Speaker 2: Well done, risky biscuits.
Speaker 4: That's great gold.
Speaker 3: That's a very good one. I didn't put your name on that, but thank you very much. Three men in a biscotti.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: Glenn one flew over the cookie jar silver.
Speaker 3: Ronda one flew over the Cooking Nest, Silver, Kevin Bohemian Buttonup Snapsody, that's all right, Gold Mosa Cloudy with the charts of Rumballs.
Speaker 4: Got a biscuit Bronze.
Speaker 2: Willie Wonker and the Jaffa Cake Factory.
Speaker 4: I didn't love it. Bronze plus.
Speaker 2: I think you're gonna love this one. Macaron Air.
Speaker 3: Macaron Air, one of my favorite mini movies. Gold Chris im Baronia, well done for Ragna rock Cakes. Silver, I saw Tom Philip Biden, Good morning Tim Tam Tim Gold plus in Werribee, always a Hall of Famer on this Green Lamington.
Speaker 4: Green Landing and not a biscuit points I thought.
Speaker 3: Luke kupp in NUSA, still listening illegally, he's gone down. There's that van coming up to track you down, my friend.
Speaker 2: They don't like it. The sound of muffins. No, I'm afraid that's will we my son.
Speaker 1: Today The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We've only got like two and a half more shows left of the year. Friday Show as always, as all requests Friday, these will be the last songs you play for twenty eighteen. So let's make them brilliant. You pick all the songs every Friday. He to our Facebook page O C one four three you yesterday's show, we were talking about when you know you used to have video cassettes, have something that you really treasured recording and you have those big signs down the spine do not record over And we're asking to call in and tell us what got recorded over. And there was that amazing someone's moment was recorded over because the dad had recorded the news. He's still just he watches the news real time, then is recording it to watch it again in.
Speaker 4: Case he's missed anything. You're so nicely watch it twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this comes from Alex, a listener in Hawthorne lates La party. But on yesterday's show, one of the callers of the dads records the news and watches it twice every night. My uncle records the news too, except he records and watches ABC, SBS ten, seven and nine news just in case he misses anything.
Speaker 5: That's commitment.
Speaker 2: We need to get this uncle on for a news quiz.
Speaker 3: I mean, must know more about the news in Melbourne than any other person around.
Speaker 4: It's like four hours a night.
Speaker 5: It's a big commitment. I should get him to do my news.
Speaker 2: It gives you more time for Facebook.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to listen to the show. What do you guys like to after the show today?
Speaker 5: I'm hanging out for the Golden Song.
Speaker 4: I got a meeting with the big big Bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too. I've got a meet him with the not the big big one. He's gone. I've got a meeting with the boss. And also I've got to do blood tests. Oh that's today, fasting for the last six years.
Speaker 5: That's why you're so grumpy.
Speaker 4: So that makes so much sense.
Speaker 5: Can you have water?
Speaker 3: I've also not just blood tests. They also do something else today. You really don't want to.
Speaker 5: Know the finger?
Speaker 3: No, no, anyway, anyway, Tyler, today's show is not that okay, it's arguments.
Speaker 2: We're back tomorrow morning. Have a great day. I'm off to get tested.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three