Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, Happy Tuesday, lady.
Speaker 3: Hello, how are you guys? Good? Were you sorry? It was that funny? I won't ask you how you are? I was just feel very serious. That's all I'm doing.
Speaker 4: You are you?
Speaker 3: Britt Are you? Just generally that's what friends say when they meet each other, they say how.
Speaker 4: I know it's only just because we've been together for so long so far that it felt like an odd question.
Speaker 3: But I'm good.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: Well, No, I'm not. Thanks for asking. Okay, you're gonna be okay. In all seriousness, I'm a bit like a bit of anxiety today. That's a little update. If you guys have been following you along for a while. Remember my dog Delilah, my Aussie shepherd.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mitch.
Speaker 4: How could we forget Tornado? In a small small dog?
Speaker 3: Minnie, Brittany, Hurry Brittany. So she has been on probation for the last month with her dog walking group because she's been a bit rough and tumble and she hasn't been fitting in much anymore. So they put her on a probation and they were like, if we can work on her in the next month, she can stay. And I've been trying to work on her. But she officially got kicked out. She's officially out of dogs. This has been going on for weeks now.
Speaker 4: So, like I don't know if you guys heard on the show, you were talking about how she was given a one month probation but from two separate dog dog walkers.
Speaker 5: So she's been kicked out of both.
Speaker 3: Not that bad, and now she's been kicked out of one. Okay, she's still holding on my thread thread by a piece of fur to the other one. But today's the first day with a new walk.
Speaker 4: You need to stop talking about it on the show though, not because I don't want to hear it, but because the people of Australia, no one's gonna want to walk your dog and you're gonna be stuck.
Speaker 3: No, she's amazing, it's just that there's a couple of dogs in the group. She doesn't get along with the other one she loves. But if there's if dog's in a group clash, the newest dog has to go.
Speaker 2: So what's the update she's got.
Speaker 3: She got kicked out and she started today with someone new, just for a little while until I figure out what I'm going.
Speaker 1: To do with it.
Speaker 3: It's like the first age is when your kids starts, you know, in new preschool. No, she ran off this morning. Didn't even look back. She's like, bye, didn't even glance over her shoulder. Yeah, so that's my pap. You okay, Britt, it's been a hard one.
Speaker 2: That's why you wanted us to ask how you were, Britt. Yeah, because you weren't good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's okay not to be Okay, thanks forrus it's so nice.
Speaker 2: But your dog is the problem. It's really quite a terror I had.
Speaker 3: I was speaking of the problem.
Speaker 4: I have a question for you guys, and it's something that you know, I want to unpack coming up next.
Speaker 3: Am I the asshole? Probably that's rhetorical.
Speaker 5: The question is rhetorical.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll find out why. After this, we'll go to the pick up.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think we've lost the art of Yeah, the art of writing a complaint letter.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're such a Charen.
Speaker 4: I know I'm not a Karen, but I do take after Shirley Phillippy, my late nana. She used to love writing a letter to the editor. She'd write letters to the Mercury all the time, complaining about something that happened in the world.
Speaker 3: You're one of those people that just like doesn't write any good feedback, but like you'll write to a restaurant review or no, disagree.
Speaker 4: I'm all for good reviews, but I'm also all for bad reviews when it's like, you know, a metered response. The reason why we're talking about this is because there's been a debate that has been sparked across the internet over the last couple of days, and now a lot of these sort of leaving a note like you know you're I'm angry about this. I'm going to leave a note or come back to parking, or it comes back to cars. So here's the note, and tell me if you think that this is in fact or not in fact.
Speaker 2: Polite Lauri, you wrote this note.
Speaker 3: I did not write this note.
Speaker 4: No, no, this is just something that I found very interesting. Polite notice. Would you kindly refrain from parking your vehicle outside my house for days on end. A few hours or a day is acceptable. Although you are of course legally within your rights to park outside my home, please have some common courtesy and consideration and park on the opposite side of the road when there is space available.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So, what is happening in this situation is the person is parking the car. There's no other houses on the opposite side of the road, but they've parked their car in front of this person's house and they will leave it there for weeks on end, Like they're not using the car all the time, and they just leave it. We live in like the city, which I think when you live in the city, you don't really get the opportunity, like you're not really paying attention to it's parking in front of the house. But if you're in the suburbs, you know, if there is a car that's been left there for weeks on.
Speaker 3: End, it doesn't matter where you are. You don't own the road. Anybody can park anywhere they want. If it's a public parking area, yeah, I mean it is public. I mean it annoys you because you don't want to look at the same car every day. Sorry, you don't get that choice. Okay, what about if it's like a boat or a trailer that.
Speaker 2: Is different.
Speaker 3: They've got to be a limit.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't leave your caravan. Brittany, God, you're such a.
Speaker 6: Why tell me why not if it's a public If it's public parking, you as a taxpayer, pay for those roads. Tell me, tell me why you can't park it, because I can guarantee which if you could afford a boat, you'd want to park it.
Speaker 1: You're Rupert Murdock in this very thank you. If it is a street, if you are Trump and I'm come, I'm in the right.
Speaker 3: If the street is full of residence.
Speaker 1: If the street is full of residents, Brittany, the residents have a right to park outside their house.
Speaker 2: You should not take up three, four or five spots with your boat.
Speaker 3: Do you know what this reminds me of.
Speaker 4: It reminds me when you get on a plane and people get angry about the overhead baggage and people always want to put their bag above their seat, and if they get to their seat and it's full, people kick off.
Speaker 2: Laura.
Speaker 1: That annoys me too, because there's nothing worse than going up to your seat. Someone's got all their baby bags in there, so you've got to go halfway up the cockpit to put your bag.
Speaker 5: I totally agree.
Speaker 3: I'm saying this is the same situation, very different stretch, Laura Burn, Can I say something, girls, I had the opposite of this on the weekend out the front of your house, Britt.
Speaker 2: Parking is pretty hard in the city area.
Speaker 1: And I got to my car and there was a note on it that said, Hey, I'm struggling to find a park. I'm trying to visit my elderly nan. When you leave, can you text me? And I thought, is this a prank?
Speaker 2: Is this round? I don't know?
Speaker 1: So I text her I said, hey, leaving, not joking. Two minutes later, a car turns around, hiding from around the corner and.
Speaker 2: Goes, oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 1: I gave him my spot. She cried her eyes out and said I just could not get a park.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's a really nice one.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was talking about the complaint letters the left on cars, but that's a lovely one.
Speaker 3: Mitch. It's nice.
Speaker 2: What I mean, well, just.
Speaker 3: Away from the complaints, it was nice to have it. It was nice to have a positive vent. Talking about positive vents. I need to talk to you about something that you did on the news a couple of months ago. I saw you make a news appearance. Mitch, Wait, what was this? What did I miss?
Speaker 2: I didn't even know, Laura that I was on the news.
Speaker 5: You are pretty popular, bitch. I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I did something, but I didn't realize would be sent and put on the news. I wasn't aware that it wasn't live, it was recorded. And I've made it. I've made him full of myself.
Speaker 7: Laura.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you see the old Mitch saying I didn't even know I was on the news. When you see what he did, you'll know that he knew.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: Okayn't wait to find out.
Speaker 2: Maybe I put a bit of powder on. I'll play the audio to.
Speaker 3: After this on the pick up, which I don't know how you do it, but I need to know because I want to be a part of your world you're creating. Last week, last week you went to the Hamilton premiere, which was like a huge event. I was talking about it all weekends. Yeah, like huge.
Speaker 1: Well, Hamilton's the hit musical from Broadway. Like you could not get tickets for a decade. Obama couldn't even get tickets to this music.
Speaker 3: I think that's a lie. Obama wanted to go head get know in.
Speaker 1: The early days, that was the drama. It was in such high demand. Even the president couldn't get tickets.
Speaker 3: Well, there was like the who's who at this premiere? I'm talking like in excess the wiggles of them. Larry Emder was there, we had Malcolm Turnbull like like, there was a lot of star power there, but then none of them made the news on my screen. Pops up your face with possibly the funniest I have ever seen. I've got it here too, because I'm going to play this is a nightly news. This is just the nightly news. Yeah, listen to this magic Mitch.
Speaker 5: How how are you here?
Speaker 1: Angela Bishop? I'm here and I know what you're insinuating. Yes, I'm an understudy for all the roles tonight.
Speaker 2: They don't know it, but I know every line. I know every number. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I know him that.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Now stop, people are looking broke out. Can you just play that again? I help yourself? Can you? Mitch?
Speaker 2: I was asked by gentle Tan's Angela Bishop for singing. I thought, well, Studio ten got cuts on you to throw a bone, so I sing.
Speaker 3: But Mitch, you this is this is what I think. It's funny. Right, you actually have a beautiful voice, but you you got so nervous. Listen to how breathy you are you so breathy and like you can't get it out.
Speaker 2: He's just the singing. I know him. That can't be.
Speaker 3: How do you feel listening back to that, knowing it could have been your shot, Like you're embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Well, hey, the show was on, they were about to go on stage, so I wasn't going to get the wrong but I was nervous.
Speaker 4: Nervous you Mitch, you say that, and and Bishop is the one who set you up for this. You literally went in and said, I've practiced my whole life.
Speaker 3: I know everything. Okay, Well, she was gonna ask you to sing, Laura.
Speaker 4: You know you were a performer through and through, like you every chance you get, you were, like I studied in New York.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, guys, what you don't know about showmanship is that you put it on. Okay, And there was television crew and Angela Bishop. I thought, I'm just gonna I'm gonna give them what they want, good TV. Let me tell you Channel ten ratings nightly news through the roof that skyrocket.
Speaker 4: They wish, they wished Toudio time was bad. But anytime Mitch sees a camera, sees the microphone, it's like you just snap into character.
Speaker 3: It's a real it's a business.
Speaker 2: Then wouldn't you say that? Good? Good for me?
Speaker 3: Give us one line now, this is your chance to redeem yourself because you were a bit breathy.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it. It's mortifying.
Speaker 3: I'll do the breathing and you can do the thing.
Speaker 2: Gives sound And it's really a sticky point.
Speaker 3: He always he always claims the health. Doesn't he just give us one health? No, just a little one. Come on, you said you give the pick what they want? This is what they want turning off. No, go for it. You're almost there.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 3: We just got all sit in silence to do it.
Speaker 2: Listen, I can't be the only person that's been on the news.
Speaker 4: No, look, I mean I would love to know. Give us a call. Have you ever been on the news and it kind of backfired for you?
Speaker 5: A little bit? So backfired? But just what was your big highlight moment?
Speaker 3: Because Mitch is peaked, I know him.
Speaker 2: That can't be.
Speaker 3: Why is it so breathy? Yeah, because he's nervous relaxing to it. You should die for him. It's the asthma. All right, Let's get all.
Speaker 2: The songs back after this on the pick Up.
Speaker 4: We're just reveling in the fact that Mitch. Look, he made the news on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Because he's a star.
Speaker 4: One would think that he would make the news for things like being, you know, in the pick up or well having.
Speaker 5: A having a success podcast.
Speaker 3: But no, was there. The Wiggles were there, Malcolm to Hernbull, Larry Emder like, there were so many superstars there, but they didn't make the news. Mitch, you did.
Speaker 2: This was the premiere of Hamilton Magic.
Speaker 3: Mitch, how how are you here?
Speaker 1: Angela Bishop? I'm here and I know what you're insinuating. Yes, I'm an understudy for all the roles today. They don't know it, but I know every line, I know every number. I'm ready, I know him.
Speaker 2: That can't be. I'm embarrassed. Now stop people looking?
Speaker 3: Can I just how did we bypass the part where Angela Bishop says how are you here?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: She says a magic Mitch, how how are you here?
Speaker 2: What She's like?
Speaker 3: You're on the red carpet? Who let you in?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're taking your calls. Laura thought it would be a good idea. Have you been on the news?
Speaker 3: When did you make the news?
Speaker 4: I made the news once and it was the real My mum cut it out and she put it on the fridge because she was so proud. I got stung by blue bottles and it got stung so bad and there was like an outbreaking woolengong at the time, and I.
Speaker 3: Ended up up in the newspaper. My mum cut it put on.
Speaker 5: That's cute me holding a bottle of vinegar.
Speaker 2: That's what I was. You're on the news, remember all that honey, bag of stuff happened? That was big. I was on the news.
Speaker 3: It's always too soon. Yeah, I got dumbed on national television. It's nice. So it made the worldwide news. Actually, it's good how.
Speaker 5: It all turned out. Though, look at you now.
Speaker 3: He'd be jealous, right, she's not jealous. He's married with a kid. He could not care. Again, he does not ever think about me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, honey, honey, honey, Hello, honey.
Speaker 2: What happened to you on the news when we on the news? Honey?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys. So, back when I was younger, I used to be obsessed with Justin Bieber. So I was one of those crazy girls who like used to just like wait outside the radio station, or like wait outside his post.
Speaker 3: Into his room, crazy girl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like struck into his room Like I thought that was totally normal. I was like a thirteen year old anyways, So obviously Channel nine were there all the time, and they filmed me once saying I love you just now. It's stock footage and it haunts me, like I could just turn on Channel nine at any point and if they are talking about Biber, they will use me.
Speaker 3: You're in the Biber package.
Speaker 5: What did your friends say when they saw it? Do they say it all?
Speaker 3: We love you justin? Oh?
Speaker 7: Like look, it's it was part of me growing up. So like anybody brings up Justin Bieber to me, I'm like, yeah, and I'd.
Speaker 1: Probably rolling that out lot when the Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wins the next election.
Speaker 2: I love you justice, imagine all right.
Speaker 1: Alexandra sent us a DM on the pickup Think So she said she got on the news because her dog swallowed an entire tennis ball.
Speaker 5: Is the dog Okay probably that's the way.
Speaker 3: I think it just made that up, But you can't. That's that's not funny. Because there was a dog at my dog park that recently passed away. Because it swallowed a tennis ball.
Speaker 5: You feel bad, now, don't you?
Speaker 3: Mitch with your breath is singing.
Speaker 2: I know him. That can't be here, Angela Bishop really mean, what the hell are you? Don't need Fay.
Speaker 4: She just knew that you were going to turn it on and you were going to perform for her. She literally just walked up with a microphone, didn't have to say anything. Cordy, magic Mitch, and off you end.
Speaker 2: Hell did you get here?
Speaker 3: Did you notice how Mitch Laura put on like a full fake voice, like that's not how he speaks.
Speaker 5: It's I love that about you and Mitch.
Speaker 4: It's about time that you end up in a theater performance like properly, like paid.
Speaker 3: For it, not just Laur a TV show like the ones we wrote.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on the let's get out of he out, We're done.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow. Well, what are you ready to drive you home? If you're standing the show, you can podcast it. Laura loves leaving notes on cars, like angry notes.
Speaker 4: I just think that we should bring back if she's on the MP I think we should bring it back. I think can you fader out if something is upset you in life?
Speaker 3: You should.
Speaker 2: She's gone, Laura's Mike's been turned on, and we'll see you well tomorrow. Goodbye, bye,