Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: HiT's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: A service to all of you on a Friday, because trying to find a TV show or movie to stream together that mom and dad like and the kids like as well, it's tough these days. We're actually spoiled by too many streaming services, too many TV shows, and in fact you're also up against wait for every single movie that's ever been made on demand.
Speaker 1: It's too much choice, isn't it. It's overwhelming.
Speaker 2: We were arguing, like two days before Christmas about what Christmas movie to watch, and the girls are like, well, we don't even we don't know which one to watch.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: You've got every single one at your finger that's ever made.
Speaker 1: You can't be confused.
Speaker 3: They need to make a streaming service. That's all the streaming services smushed into one. Because then you're looking for Christmas movies, you have to jump between all of them and.
Speaker 2: All you know what we're going to make for this year the Christmas Channel. So in November you vote, you vote for your top twenty Christmas movies ever, and then you just constantly play them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd be so happy with that. You like Christmas all year round. Count the Christmas Channel on that.
Speaker 4: I love that. I'll watch ELF any day of the year.
Speaker 2: All those Christmas movies are joyous anyway, aren't they all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So we call it Recommendations Station. Every Friday we have our recommendations Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 5: I'm so excited to bring this. This is a community s.
Speaker 1: Wait is that actual zebra skin shirt you're wearing? No, of course it is nineteen eighty five. Are called up and they want their blouse.
Speaker 5: Animal print never goes out shy shy, hushush worries, grandpastious.
Speaker 1: It is a very sensible polo shirt you wear every day. I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 2: But once you have a lott Patsy, go for it. Let's go back to the eighties.
Speaker 5: I made Actually, Audrey, my teenager, and I made the most delicious dessert. We don't have dessert a lot in our house. Maybe if we have a roast, we might go for a dessert. This was dead set, so easy. You'll see it all over social social media. It's the viral Japanese cheesecake hack. And it is so simple and it is so delicious. It's kind of like a modern day take on the old chock ripple cake, but far easier. And it's also a bit like sort of a gingery bisc of tiramazoo, but it is easy.
Speaker 1: And tamasou, which is a coffee.
Speaker 5: But this is so easy, ridiculous. So get a really nice, good quality vanilla yoga even use a Greek yogurt supermarkets.
Speaker 1: Shade on the Greek yogurt.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm just the oldest yogurt makers in the world. We can't be alienate the Greeks. Right now, tune, I love you, I love your Greek yogurt.
Speaker 5: Or just a really nice vanilla bean yogurt. Right I've got Chabarney, I've got a little one here.
Speaker 2: Someone's got to deal with Barney. No, I haven't you can afford that actual zebra.
Speaker 1: Skin shirt today?
Speaker 5: This is so easy. Get a packet of bisc off biscuits making.
Speaker 4: It right here.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 5: Radio now sorry that most of them have gone because the family's eating them and the rest are crumpled.
Speaker 2: Imagine Jamie over or Nigela coming on TV. Blood So I got drunkards eight half of these.
Speaker 4: Biscuits slipt. But use your imagination, okay, are.
Speaker 1: This is like some sort of stone as cooking fit.
Speaker 4: Now everywhere.
Speaker 1: Someone's put their Winnie the poop in the.
Speaker 5: I just opened it. It is so simple. All it is, get your biscuit and you shove it in the yogurt. I'm serious, yes.
Speaker 1: Warm, this was it dunking biscuits.
Speaker 5: Serious, I swear to guy.
Speaker 4: Then then mock you may real Japanese about.
Speaker 5: It's so yummy. Then put it in the fridge. Look they say overnight. We seriously we put it for three hours, right wow, pro tip got it out and it was surprisingly amazing.
Speaker 4: You must be missing.
Speaker 1: No biscuits in a pot of yogurt.
Speaker 4: That's all it is. But that's all it is.
Speaker 5: That's the brilliant.
Speaker 1: But that actually you know what that is. That's Bogan cooking cooking. Now, I want to do this every Friday.
Speaker 2: If you've got if you've got a Bogan dish, it's like three moves and something's ready sious actually can now and a.
Speaker 1: Blank piece of baby. I thought there's going to be like recipe steps.
Speaker 4: I thought you crunch it up. Maybe you put mix it in with.
Speaker 1: Biscuit, paste it on, put it in the oven.
Speaker 5: From the are all time poor in this day and age on this.
Speaker 1: Radio show as well. Five minutes on that you'll get with some biscuits.
Speaker 4: Be surprised.
Speaker 5: The payoff is amazing.
Speaker 4: He say's a Japanese cheesecake I've been to. I just came back to you.
Speaker 3: Actually I didn't see Scott's shoved in shapall.
Speaker 1: Go to Nazi RSL. You might do a Family Night Pats Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're doing recommendations station our Friday recommendations, TV shows, movies you might want to stream or watch this weekend. All right, two from me one a B. I think Apple TV's best TV show is Shrinking. The new season is back now. I cannot recommend that show enough, laugh out loud, funny and so much heart as well. Brilliant lineup. Jason Segal remember him? And also Harrison Forward. You know Stall looks great. He's so charismatic it is brilliant. It's a TV show the whole family sit down and watch. There's so much in it as well. It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: What a coupling, Yeah, Ford and Siegel.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, finally we get it. And then my next one is another coupling. Matt and Ben. We're back, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon. Yes, what I call it's a Matt flick, Matt Fleck. Actually it's a Matt Fleck.
Speaker 1: The Rip. You might have seen this advertised big movie.
Speaker 2: On Netflix Straight to Netflix, starring these two these If you're not these two boys I yoked together forever on they just are now The Rip. The first half an hour is one of the most exciting and compelling thirty minutes I've seen from movie in years. The rest of the movie can't sustain that. It's the most complicated dirty cop, dirty cop thriller I've ever seen. I couldn't work out hang on, who's doing what to so much so a couple of days later I went back and watched it again to try.
Speaker 1: And make sense. Even though I know the ending, Like Lord of the Ring, it was just so complicated.
Speaker 2: It's so intricate. It's a Faberge egg. It's a checkov play. On a second viewing, it's even more enjoyable. Okay, because a lot, a lot of it is I don't know the tirty copies. I'm so confused right now. And also it's really dimly lit. Give them what shows are you know what? It's squinting, get the contrast up close the curtains. Why is it so dark? The movie's not doesn't it doesn't benefit from me. They're not in a mind shaft, They're in a house. But I loved it. It's a real throwback to those nineties sort of movies. They cannot recommend it enough, but not on first viewing, Christian, are you sure about it?
Speaker 1: The rip does not rip. But on the second viewing, go back again.
Speaker 2: Now you know what's happening, you can relax, turn your brain off, and then it's a lot more injouable. Then the rip really does rip. And also I find ben Affleck just mesmerizing. You know, it's just something about he does something scene, he's being interviewed.
Speaker 1: Is he a dirty cop? What's going on? It's Ben Affleck.
Speaker 2: There's crazy stuff already happening in intensity there and a strange dye color to his hair and beard, the stuff that actually you only see you on Steven Sigar. You see that hair color like that's not that's not human hair? What color is that? You know you're going to buddings and you know I want I want to black like that. It's not possible, but it's on Steve. It's the top his head, so it's his hair and his goaty is all painted this strange color and not what's going what's going on? Benny boys? Everything right there? Then he does something with a cigarette. I rewound a couple of times up what what's he doing with this cigarette?
Speaker 1: What was he doing? Don't you've got to see it? It doesn't I'm like like a trick or like I don't know what he's doing with it? Again, but again this is the actor.
Speaker 4: We've look to me.
Speaker 2: Now, what's going on with what benefit can do with the cigarette? In that opening scene with that strange hair dye the rip rips? Second time round? What's it for you?
Speaker 3: I've got a product, actually an Ossie invention by an Ossie mum on maternity leave that will seriously it has changed our lives. It's called the produced pods and they're these little like I thin I guess the size of a large lunch box. And you put your fresh veggies, fruit, whatever herbs in it, and I don't know how it does it, what it's doing, it is some sort of magic, some sort of wizardry. It keeps everything that you put in there fresh for like six to eight weeks.
Speaker 1: How does it take out?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What is it? Is it the nitrous oxide that I.
Speaker 4: Have no idea what they do.
Speaker 2: She don't want to avocado last in there because they perish in half a second.
Speaker 3: We've had so you know how long, Like coriander lasts like barely last two days, wilt so quickly. We've had coriander in there from two fridays ago. It is still.
Speaker 1: Australia right now. So find away.
Speaker 2: Thanks to RHEO of making my coreander last longer.
Speaker 1: This is why they gave.
Speaker 2: Us a national show exactly shutting out the problems in life.
Speaker 1: Coriander going off.
Speaker 3: You will never have stuff go off, I promise it is. You will be gobsmacked at how.
Speaker 1: Long it lies away.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a soft it's it's like a soft bag and inside it's got this extra lining in it that you keep a little bit damp and that's all it is. There's nothing, there's no sort of there's no other you know.
Speaker 1: Something there we'd use in space.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't be chucking out soggy letters or thrown avocados up there. You can't sun it lands on someone in Mexico through that.
Speaker 4: Where do you get them?
Speaker 3: You can only get them online. They called produced pods. You probably only need two for your fridge, but they they fit quite a lot in.
Speaker 4: It is brilliant. I don't know how she does it, but it's amazing.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall Show podcast