Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Why from.
Speaker 2: Richmond Gold one four point three hgs Melbourne, Australia, procusting to the world that Christian, I'm stuffed a taxi dermist oh connor.
Speaker 3: It's actually quite hard on skin. So I heard a bit for Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Show, I Love myself in the toilet for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Stars Well see the big news announced the last twenty four hours. Then that talking about Queen is star of Bohemian Raps, of the movie Raimon Mannock is going to be the next Bond bad baddie. That is great casting.
Speaker 3: He actually would make a good bad guy. He something I don't want to say evil about his face, but he has some evilness about him.
Speaker 2: Don't you think He's mom listens to the show every day? What are you doing about? He has got large eyes, Boggley eyes. I didn't say that. I said large, you say boggley. I think it'd be great if he was the baddie as Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well a lot of Bond.
Speaker 2: As he butchering and planning on pointing a laser at the sun or something is singing Queen songs bars alone, you will die, mister Bondes bicycle bicycle I lied.
Speaker 3: To but they make his teeth even bigger than they wearing the queen?
Speaker 2: Is he eating all the planets? All right? Welcome to Friday's show. It's just coming up for ten minutes past six. So, Patsy, what's going on with the weather last night? Very very windy? I'm hearing about the biggest storm coming this way in what fifty years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really windy, and it's going to pick up lighter today and that's going to have big ramifications over at Bell's Beach for the surfing today, massive.
Speaker 2: Swells and how highre they going to get?
Speaker 5: What were I saying something about Tom?
Speaker 2: When you say what were they saying? I'd heard something? I was hoping that you would call it? Take the They into you as into news weather say, I don't know, hang on, let me just flick on a trip to see what the nice person said. I rewind it.
Speaker 4: Guys at the bomb Bureau, they're calling it a fifty meters storm, five meter swells down there?
Speaker 2: Five meters. Do you think people with who are into their server will take today off just go and catch that like Johnny Utah break.
Speaker 3: Actually, can you go and surf during a competition? Like what if just some random guy went and surfed out there? But how do you control the whole beach?
Speaker 2: They have surf bouncers?
Speaker 5: Well that, yeah, it's all riped off, isn't it a beach?
Speaker 2: Isn't it some guys swearing out there with a red velvet rope.
Speaker 4: You're not on the list, shuts on patrol, but it's anyone that comes into the zone. Yeah, so that should be interesting to see what happens. It will be a bit of point break action down there.
Speaker 2: And where is Winky Pop? Is that out on the Great Ocean Road?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's the next next run along, isn't it, Jack?
Speaker 3: I think I think if they can if there's not enough surf a Bells beach surfit Winky Pop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, do you guys realize how odd that sounds winky pop? Are you aware of what it sounds like? Winky pop? You know, surfing is a cool kind of thing, isn't it. You know, winky pop doesn't sound quite right. You didn't hear that at any point during point break, Johnny Utah and the Presidents of the America of the USA, and not talking about going catching some waves down at Winky Pop.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I had to give you one side of an argument when my wife isn't here to defend herself.
Speaker 2: That way to do it. I mean, I've done that for last twenty years in the radio. I come here for therapy to be honest. Why give them their chance to speak?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: My therapy this morning is I think there's an area where I'm being a good guy at home and she's been the bad guy. We have a pretty agreeable agreement that when somebody's cooking dinner, the other person has to do the washing out.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. That system has been going on since people living in caves. I believe you take it down to the stream and wash the rocks. I guess they eatel.
Speaker 3: We have this huge cooking board that is great fun if you're the one preparing the meal. Great fun to use because you can get everything on it. It's huge.
Speaker 2: You can use it for little portions like the chilies all chopped up over their top left.
Speaker 3: The problem is that when you get to the washing up stage, it's it's too big to fit the dishwasher. You can't really get it under the sink. You have to wrestle it into the sink and then stuff.
Speaker 2: Who puts your chopping board in the dish.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's one of the plastic ones. It's like a big industrial plastic one. So but washing it off like you, you'd spraying water up on you and everything. So I go for when I'm cooking, I try to, even though it's fun, not use the big huge cooking board because I know that it would put pressure on her later on with the cooking up. She uses the big huge cooking board when she's cooking willy nilly, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Out of consideration for the clean up guy afterwards, no her concern.
Speaker 3: So there I am again last night, as I am pretty much most nights that she cooks with the water spraying all over me.
Speaker 2: Right, here's the thing, right, master chef, I believe starts again next week. Okay, I want to see the judges doing the wash up. They're not cooking it. Don't rock up, Gary, start stuffing it down your pie hole without sticking around to the plates afterwards. Wouldn't you'd have to see that the last thing with the three of them with their sleeves rolled up doing the washing up. Catch it, tune in for the next episode, and don't splash me with all the water. Turn it down as they try and do the trouboards. You're right, chopping boards are oversized. You have to put it up on. It's on one edge of it, don't you in.
Speaker 3: Well, when we stayed at your house, when we were babysitting your caps, use those. There's round sinks you got. I don't like to set up at your house.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, well that's why we're moving out around sinks. One of us has got to go round sink. I'm going, okay, it's rental, I'm going them. But no. And then you got the top board. You wedge it in and you're right. You turn the tap on if it's one of those mix or ones and that and the water jet hits it because you turn it on high because you want to blast the whether the food. Therefore you think for a plastic way, I don't have to touch it. Yeah, but then it splashes you in the face, it does it. It soaks you.
Speaker 3: Is there any way to clean a big chopping board er? Do you have to go outside and spread it down with the garden.
Speaker 2: No, do you know what I do in mine? I take it in the shower with me. See work together, A good old clean The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Big game yesterday. I thought it was an amazing game. The Anzac Day clash deserves a great game for special day like that, and it really lives up to it. You should call VIC Police today and reporter robbery.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I wasn't sure if you were going to be on side or offside.
Speaker 2: It's a great game. I actually thought you were robbed.
Speaker 3: I mean, I actually love the game and even though as a big Essen fan we lost by three or four points, it was frustrating in the last quarter to see some decisions not go our way.
Speaker 2: But you know what, especially when you lose by that closer margin. So I've not seen many footy games end that closely. They're more definitive, aren't they. There's normally a big gap, so you know, win a loser. Well, when it's that tight, I understand why people are upset at the end of it. But then I think the game has There were so many major highlights that Danaher kicked right before halftime is incredible. Yep, But then I want to don't I want to think it's a real standpoint, isn't No one's talking about the great game or talking about the booing afterwards which was horrendous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, it is not a good look. But as an Essendon fan, can I say where? I think it's we've.
Speaker 2: Got an apologist given the floor. Get the news clip ready, Pats.
Speaker 3: It was such a look. I don't want to blame the umpires for that. For the last quarter, like Colling.
Speaker 2: They were absolutely bonn They should be sucked. Don't even let them referee kids games anymore. Some of the umpires this season are atrocious. Throw them under the bus.
Speaker 3: I think it's that pressure cooker of a last quarter that really led to what happened when Pendlebury accepted the Anzac Day Medal. They do it really soon after the final siren, so they pretty much get straight into the speech by Hamish and then award the winner of the Anzac Day Medal. I think what we heard because he did get booed, there was it's no doubt that when he's.
Speaker 2: Exactly when you got that war veteran, it's an act date, it's there too. Yeah, it's not you for you boot the umpires. Sure, let them know and let the AFL know how you feel, but when the war veteran gets out, there is just a lack of class and respect on and you do that so well. Hansat Days has done so well and it was just ugly. I know you're upset about your sport. Do you how lucky you are to have the freedom to go and watch that game because of their sacrifice. You show a real awful lack of perspectives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not a good look and my feelings.
Speaker 2: Are upset, so I'm could have boom out because I'm ten.
Speaker 3: If there was I mean, we would be the umpires if I would love for after the game for Hamish McLaughlin to go all right now the umpires will walk around the ground, but you know.
Speaker 4: To criticize them, there are protected spaces they get all yeah pea coats in a twist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this is where you get this game wrong. Biggest mistake. If I was in charge of AFL, do what we do in England with soccer, the whole game, the referees, there's chance the referees and awful swear words, the whole game. Whole game. They're getting abuse and stick.
Speaker 3: I think it used to be worth that. In recent times there's been a lot of like protect the umpire time stuff why newspapers and in the midas.
Speaker 4: They come out, the umpiring Association comes out. If you could to size them, does it really got to be respected now they're bullying them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: I've been bullied. It's all part of it. They get it wrong. It's all part of the game, isn't it, Because otherwise if you have the instant video replay. They just brought that in soccer in the UK and it's killing it. It's so slow and clunky. Part of the human areas are part of the things that arenoys about sport as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I just want to I don't want to apologize firstening fans on the word and yesterday's game, but I think what we saw was a bit of fury and pent up anger at the decisions in the last quarter, unfortunately spill over into when Pendlebury was accepting the Anzack.
Speaker 2: Mental Perhaps I think we've met a dad like Jack. You're the dad that gets called into school when the horrific brat of a kid has punched some other kids unpressingly going. I think what we saw there was a little bit of bubbling over. Can you go and work for the d's as the brand new press officer, you know, don't sound goodie out anymore? Try and spin it? You should go out there. I think what we're seeing at the moment is a spinning over or well.
Speaker 1: Sahid the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On this day, mystery on this day, all right, April the twenty six, On this day in history all the most famous unrest and overthrowing to mutinies ever Mutiny on the Bounty in the eighteen hundreds. Do you know the story about Captain blibing overalled by his master's mate, Master Christian was there British ship. Yeah, they didn't agree with how it was being run, so the ship's mates Master Christian stage. Yeah. I think I should be renamed myself on the posters and on the promos to Master Christian.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But if there's a mutiny in here, who are we taking down?
Speaker 2: It's probably you, I reckon, Pats, Perhaps was stage mutiny here? Actually, Pats can talk today. You know that spray that I carry with me all the time.
Speaker 3: The child stuff.
Speaker 2: Pats was struggling during the five thirties, so she's had a spray of it. Now that that throat you're purring again.
Speaker 5: Pass woman? Yeah, what's in that.
Speaker 2: Other stuff that makes you nice? Nothing illegal?
Speaker 3: Feel that gorud?
Speaker 5: It's got to be alle.
Speaker 2: Ho's got a buzzet. I did warn you. It does bring tears to your eyes. It's called thieves. If anyone wants eye it's great.
Speaker 3: But's the other day. I forgot about this. The other day Christian went to spray the chibe stuff in his mouth and he sprayed.
Speaker 2: Lens cleaner class lens cleaner. Do you know what? I actually fell ill for the rest of the day. There's a big old anyway. So yeah, mutiny on the bounty. It was a very very civilized mutiny, though, as Captain Bly was overthrown and putting a little boat with eighteen of his crew and set a drift. They gave them twenty five gallons of water, one hundred and fifty pounds of bread, thirty thirty pounds of pork, six quarts of rum, and to be fair, six bottles of wine. Now, if we did a competition where sold won all that, and it's but tocky hams. That's a great price. But it didn't mind six bottles of Why if I get kicked out of here and the Morscoes get out, okay? And she then gave me six bottles of bread wine. I'm like, thank you, that's pretty good. Have you got any pork?
Speaker 3: But did they kick him off onto a desert or no?
Speaker 2: Tiny little boat I went, But to be fair to Captain Bly, six weeks later he steered that voat to East timor they survived.
Speaker 3: And then what is there some kind of court ruling or anything, or you just add on international waters. You can do what you want.
Speaker 2: I'll be real honest with you as as far as I read. We've got enough here, little skim on this don't do me. I'm my journalist, all right. But today's question on this day mystery. Number one movie on this weekend in the nineties ended like this.
Speaker 8: Welcome now, Hollywood, what's our dreams?
Speaker 2: Number one movie this weekend in the nineties ends like this. This is the final scene Great Big, a nineties movie. Welcome Now, Hollywood's Dreams, one of the defining movies of the nineties.
Speaker 8: Welcome now, Hollywood's dream So instead of telling you more about the dinner bout, I've got you that.
Speaker 2: Instead of I.
Speaker 3: Can't even tell who the actor is.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Miss, it's misleading. It's not necessarily someone who's in the movie. All right? Nine four one four, one oh four three. Give us a call with your guesses. Which movie the nineties ends like this?
Speaker 8: Welcome now, Hollywood, what's your dreams?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three on this day, Mystery on this day, just coming up for ten to seven. So I'm asking you this morning, number one movie on this day, Friday, the twenty sixth in the nineties. Big nineties movie ended like this. It was the number one movie on this day in the nineties.
Speaker 8: Welcome now, Hollywood, what's your dreams?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the lines. Lots and lots of people calling in this morning. Sue, you're one of them. Good morning, Sue, Good morning right now, Sue? I uh, what do you think it is? It's pretty warmn no hesitation. All right, let's play back a bit more the final scene in that movie.
Speaker 8: Welcome to Hollywood. What's our dream? Everybody comes here. This is Hollywood land to dreams.
Speaker 1: Some dreams come true, some don't. But keep on dreaming.
Speaker 8: This is Hollywood, always time to dream, So keep on dreaming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done. Yep, so you could guess. So I didn't think anyone would get there. I thought i'd have to give more clues. Partsy came straight and said straight away as well, pretty woman.
Speaker 4: Yep, we've seen that location in LA when we went that. You know how you do those festy star tours and you go past all the locations and it's so unassuming. It's just like this tiny little apartment building that you wouldn't even give a second look at as you go past.
Speaker 2: So did you love that movie?
Speaker 5: I love that movie.
Speaker 4: And of course Brian Adams is or has written the music for the stage production.
Speaker 2: They do a stage New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, hoping to bring it to Australia, right.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was doing that. I know that Madonna was the first person they offered it to, was she Yeah, instead of Julia Roberts. And that would have been a terrible movie because there's so Julie Roberts and Richard gear they're great in it, and Richard gear wasn't the first choice either. It was Sylvester Stallone who turned it down. No, yeah, straight up. Stallone was obviously the biggest star in the nineties and so totally different movie with Julia Roberts and Stallone yelling up for Vivian at the bottom of the fire escape as well, and also John Travolta was offered the role after Stallone as well, which would have been a different movie too. Do you know Pat's been a triviafore you found out? Originally was going to be called three thousand Dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a stupid title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know why?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 2: How much money do they agree on for the weekend for Vivian and Richard Getz? Three thousand dollars was it? There you go, that's what they went for a pretty woman in the end. All right, well done, every one. I didn't know you knew so much about pretty Woman the.
Speaker 1: First time O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now, Jack? Two days ago Wednesday, we were having a meeting. I got called out that meeting to go into another meeting with the big Boss Boss's boss Boss boss. I wasn't in the meeting when the boss kind of find me and she caught Jack going into the store cupboard and stealing radio station merchandise red handed. Caught out, weren't you with your hand in the old cookie jar? Jackie boy, Hey, let's get Jack on now. There he is, Jack, So you were caught red handed.
Speaker 9: I'm joining you from outside the storeroom where I was caught red handed just two days ago. Well, actually I wasn't caught red handed. I quickly threw away the jumper and pretended I was just perusing the storeroom.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, because this is it. The boss then said to me when I saw she went, oh, just caught Jack stealing some merchandise. She presumed you were after stationary and could work out white like, it's no big deal. Help yourself. It's not like there's only one one or two bits of compliment slips she didn't want as you were stealing one of the They are actually really nice, those thicker sort of warmer jumpers, the gold one o four point three jumpers at the street team were.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's actually the station's done a really good job of picking a good bit of merchandise. You know, sometimes there's stinky old things in this T shirts are just boxing yack'.
Speaker 2: Too tight around the neck or they look flammable as well.
Speaker 9: But these ones are so good, and they won't give you them, even if you work at the station. They won't give you.
Speaker 2: I've asked the one a couple of times ago. Yeah, we're sort out warm. I haven't had one. You stolen.
Speaker 9: I stole on for me. I still want for the anchor.
Speaker 2: Well, you understand, you want to rock around impressing people with who you are the JP and the big morning show. That's fine. One for your wife.
Speaker 9: That's actually what I was going. I didn't tell you I've already stolen one in the past.
Speaker 2: I was feeling this, you are a shot that okay. So the thing is, I want one of these, right and now Jack stolen one. I want you to steal me one as well. This way, if I get told off, I go with Jack stole it, you know so? And he's you are you? Are you in the store cupboard? Now?
Speaker 10: Yes, it's the best time to come because I mean most of the employees are here at the station. Yes, but Boston coming to about eight o'clock. So I'm just entering the store cupboard. Now, oh, I got it's like really want his chocolate factory here?
Speaker 2: But what can you see?
Speaker 9: They have big like rain jackets, gold embroidered. That's embroidered, so you know that's good. They've got T shirts.
Speaker 2: See, I can't rock around on the rain jacket. It's too sad. It's one thing that a poster everywhere. If you still wearing a rain jacket, I'll be hanging around out underneath my posters, going hoping that people go, oh is that you up there? How do you know? It's written on your back.
Speaker 9: We've got the T shirt. We'll come back for those in summer, but now I see them jump in.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you grab me a large and extra large? I'm not sure which I'll be, so if you could get me one of both, past you on one, I'll have the one that doesn't fit.
Speaker 9: Plays extra large of God.
Speaker 2: Do you want you one for Chris?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And for audio. They got kids sizes down.
Speaker 9: There, there is no kids.
Speaker 2: I'll take a small adult then for the kids, and I'll get one for Sarah and my wife as well. The family that brands together stays.
Speaker 9: Together, guys, I got to move quickly. Jason the music guy who's just entered the building, and I.
Speaker 2: Mean he can't come. My mate, that guys from Brisbane. Just chuck in one of the Excel ones. He'll be absolutely fine.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, I'm going meet, I'll go, I go about three, I'm coming, I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: And no, no, no, I need you to stay there because I think I think that our dear listeners would love some of this much as well. Seeing as you're there, why don't we grab an extra one or two while you're there. The boss won't be in for a little while yet, so if you want to have one of these exclusive jumpers, they're nice, thick wooden one. They are a decent quality. Calling now I'll in duct you straight away into our street team nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's a live radio heist right now. Jack Pots got caught stealing the other day from the supply cupboard here normally locks. He managed to kick open the lock or picket. Why stealing, But I was just himself so much astonishing for here for his wife. His wife one of our very very snug, very nice and warm gold normally worn by the street team jumpers. So I'm asking jack to obviously get me and phats one because we want some now, and I'm going to give Robin Hood. I'm giving some of you dear listeners some of these jumpers as well. Jackie is still there.
Speaker 9: I come from live in the bank vault, and that's examp. Some more merchandise, cap drink bottles. We've even got leggings, gold leggings.
Speaker 2: Are we are we arming a gold militia at some point? Are waiting for the big off? What's doing in there? Honestly?
Speaker 7: Say what?
Speaker 9: The ladies afore? There's also and the rain jackets hang.
Speaker 2: On a minute cold one four point three sunglasses.
Speaker 9: Even weirder than that, they're the parent company Australian Radio Network aarr and branded sunglasses.
Speaker 2: All right, let's give away some of these gold jumpers. Then let's go to Susie. First of all, Morning Susie, good morning, Hey, welcome to the show. Susie. You fancy one of our gold jumpers.
Speaker 11: I do fancy one of your goals jumpers would be lovely.
Speaker 2: I know you're happy to wear this and promote the show.
Speaker 11: Absolutely. I'm a ride shared driver with Siva and I have ladies in the car all day and all night, and I'd be very happy. They're prisoners in my car. So they have to listen to gold see any station I play.
Speaker 2: Well, you're in the street team now. And also Siba, that is a great idea that yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's good for the ladies that they well, a lot.
Speaker 2: A lot of parents now are getting Sheba to do school pickups and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: I'm waiting to pick up a child in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Is unbelievable. This is the world we live in now. This is un people. All right, So what size do you want, Susie?
Speaker 11: Oh well, I'm a whole lot of woman song going to need the biggest size you have.
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, that's fantastic, Jack, can we sort out our friends? Susie here with the first one that we're giving away, stole them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm going to throw in a drink bottle, Susie, thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, why don't you chuck in a bear of sunglasses for when it's getting ahead, for when the summer comes back?
Speaker 8: Brilliant?
Speaker 2: Why not chucking a spare pair with the old arn parent company on as well. Brilliant Susie. We send it out today. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 11: Thank you all right.
Speaker 2: Lenny, Good morning morning, Lenny. Welcome to the show. You're in the street team. How are you going to promote this show and the job.
Speaker 12: Well, we're off to Chazy to do a caravan show on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Very important demo market over there in Chazy, especially the caravanning listeners. You know, they're very loyal listeners. You're a human billboard for me, Lennie. I thank you for that. What size, Jenisa large?
Speaker 12: The extra large?
Speaker 6: I think they used the.
Speaker 2: Jane if you got one for Lenny.
Speaker 7: Got an extra large?
Speaker 9: Lenny?
Speaker 2: You sor that's right, Lenny. Have a good weekend. You two guys enjoyed the caravan. Thank you very much. Lenny. You love the jump as well. Change a jumper, change your station, change your life. Kimmy, Yes, Jimmy.
Speaker 7: Yes, kim Yes, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna We're gonna wear the jumper, are going to promote the show.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna wear it everywhere out in about to work, walking the dogs, shopping, do you name it.
Speaker 6: I'll wear it.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Kim. Welcome to the Gold One I four point three street team, and what size can we get your Kimmy?
Speaker 11: I'll go the extra large tree absolute.
Speaker 2: Why not you want it? You don't want it too tight?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 11: I like it baggy and coverly and you.
Speaker 2: Know, yep, cool jack, we got something for our friend, Kim.
Speaker 9: Kim, you're lucked in. I'm glad you're gonna wear it around because the one I told for my wife, she's only wearing it as pajamas. She's not actually wearing it out on the street.
Speaker 2: She's gonna wear that out. I need that back street team for indoors, theff out and about they're on the streets. It's not the bed team.
Speaker 9: Guys. You won't believe the last bit of merchandise I found right at the back. It is a gold embroidered business shirt.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 9: A business shirt? The kind of shirt you'd wear to a business meeting, like a button up black collar shirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, no more jumpers. Who wants the business shirt? Who wants to look the business and listen to the business.
Speaker 9: There's only one size, medium.
Speaker 2: Size medium only, Okay, no more excels nine four one four one oh four three. Who will win the Golden shirts calling now the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So I've raided the store cupboard here at the radio station. I've got my jumper, Now you've got your jumper bats. Yes, they look, they look. I've gotta be honest. They are very nice, often very comfy radio station merchandise. The clothing stuff isn't the best. They go for the cheapest place they can find in China and sweatshop guarantee where it's actually stuff. They've got the swag Dave stock it got. It's very very good. However, that shirt.
Speaker 3: You bought in now, this is a one off. This is right in the back of the store.
Speaker 2: It's a one off. They must have got as like a demo one that went. No more of those. It's a black shirt that my be worn by an umpire or cheer lord. What is that? Why has he got the gold emblem above the breast pocket? Why would they bring out business shirts.
Speaker 3: I can't think of one situation where this is the shirt that you need to wear.
Speaker 2: Were attending like a dance tournament or we're looking to sponsor a load of umpires.
Speaker 3: But what's up I just had a brainwave. I'm pretty sure it's Huggies from Producer Gold Live.
Speaker 2: Sorry, not Produce Gold Pure Gold Life.
Speaker 5: I can't speak.
Speaker 2: There's no way that's hug I don't want to say, but there's no way that's not Huggies. Okay, that's not that. That is a monstrosity shirt. If I saw someone walking down a street rocking that, I'd make a note whatever that station wasn't go never to tune in based on such a foul piece of clothing. But anyway, it needs to be out there on the streets morning learning, Sandra. I hope we've done a good job of selling this shirt to you. You you're going to win the business shirt with the station on.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thanks, that is the question.
Speaker 2: And where are you going to be wearing this proudly, Sandra? We need to know that's going to be out there promoting the station.
Speaker 11: Oh well, it'll be doing in the morning Santinentula.
Speaker 2: And to bingle. Oh wow, you're going to look great around there with this beautiful last year. Yeah you will, I promise you. Yeah. All right, So that's the corning. You have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Have I been ripped off by my twelve year old daughter right the last couple of months. The biggest thing in her life this year is Billie Eilish Live next Friday night. I'm taking her and two of our mates. We're all going to Billie Iirish. She has had an outfit hung up for the last six weeks. That's how it? Do you remember? You were that excited about something as a young music fan. And this is only going to be the second gig that I've ever taken her to. The first one she doesn't like talking about anymore because there's a deep shame. But I love bringing up one direction. But she fair to my daughters, they said twenty minutes in this is rubbish? Can we go? I went absolutely, whatever you do now in your life, I don't care. You've you've peaked now. You saw one direction that I went, this sucks.
Speaker 3: It was midway through the Q and A section, Remember correctly.
Speaker 2: When they run out of their three hits and then in front of twenty thousand people, we're going to stop the music now and do a Q and A. I'm not joking that actually did a Q and a twenty minutes when you're you going to see the food fighters and he goes enough when the music, who wants to know what I love for my team? That's what they did, so he left. So anyway, Billy Eilish next week. Everyone's getting very, very excited. And she's really into this kid, Billy Elish. She's one of the most exciting new voices in music right now in the world. And she wants a pair of Billy Eilish. She rocks around these Dr Martin boots. I had a pair of DMS when I was a teenager. They laugh for they last years. She wants a pair, all right. She saved them one hundred and twenty bucks of her own money.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she needs another one hundred and twenty bucks. Okay, and the gig is next Friday, And I said, you need to earn the extra money. I'm not getting them for you because she got new trainings a couple of weeks ago, so she'd absolutely, I'll do whatever. So I started to sort of work out, I need a load of ironing done. There are a lot of chores around the house that she needs to do. Now. I went in, I thought this is a pretty fair rate. I said, Okay, Puss shirt said you need to watch a YouTube video abou how to iron a shirt as well, because it's a pain in the back. So I hate it. I went in at ten bucks. My wife then walks in the conversation, we have to have one of those? Can we just Chris? Can you just come out here? And straight away Lois goes, they know what we're up to. Oh dad's being told off? And she goes for ten bucks for shirts. Wait too, she didn't googles what the going rate? It's just two bucks. Then they could go back. I go back in and go do you know what? It's five dollars. I think it's fair, she went, She only saying that because mum told He said was about to about that as well. So it's five dollars. We've agreed on a shirt two hours yesterday. Do you know how many shirts she did?
Speaker 3: Well, you could get in two hours, you get through through fifth few.
Speaker 2: I'd say, well, I gener many of me.
Speaker 3: She did three, three in two hours.
Speaker 2: Not just that I can't wear this. I can't wear these. It looks like I've been run over. I'm like, what happens to the back? No one sees your back. I can't. I can't wear a shirt.
Speaker 3: That's how I am. I don't really worry about the back.
Speaker 2: You start with the back. You can't ever crumbled up. You're gonna toilettle someone, take your jacket off. People are going to know that you've done the poor man's She then hits me, I'm not making this up right. She hit me an invoice supposed it note with two shirts and one of my wife's tops that just says blouse misspelled as well, So I owe her. She's already fifteen dollars. But the thing is, these days, the going rate, what kids charge and what they get for stuff has changed since we were kids. Tooth Fairy used to get a chart of the eighties. Fifty cents.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm still getting fifty cents in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I want to note. I expect to note.
Speaker 3: Them too much anymore?
Speaker 2: Can you actually get with fifty cents inflation? What could you actually walk into anywhere with now and buy for fifty cents? Do you think you could get like some sweets or chocolate bar baby or something?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 2: I think under a door these days is there? What do you pay for chores? Pats or do.
Speaker 4: You get ten dollars a week most weeks? But she has to do a lot for that. She has to unpack the dishwasher and put her washing in the laundry and help around the house.
Speaker 2: We needed, I need to help us one of them. What are you paying kids for? If you've got kids, what are you paying them for these days? What is the going rate for various chores? And also when you were a kid, what did you get paid to do? Because normally you have to get paid to do stuff that you don't want to do yourself, that isn't the standard. Stuff like that, well obviously won't dishwashers back in the day. We have to pay the kids to take the dog out to the park with the back and stroker with this special brush that gets all her coat off because she's constantly just dropping hair in the house. So they have to go to the local park and I have to pay them because it's it's a horrible and it's a German shepherd dog, right that thing does not like a metallic spiky brush being dragged a course as far as it scoops.
Speaker 3: Up and then bayside residents seeing all her hair flowing through.
Speaker 2: The sky, it's put in the bag, okay, nine one four three? What do you pay your kids to do? And what did you get money to do when you were a kid? Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So next Friday night, taking my twelve year old daughter highlight of her year. It's been counting down for the last couple of weeks ago And see Billy Irish Live. I didn't when I was. Billy Onish is just seventeen, selling out all over the world. This concert sold out in nine minutes. So I also tell you that I've got to have my nails painted if I to go as well with them. I'm not joking. Billy Irish has black feernails and I've got to get all of mine done black nose to paint them.
Speaker 3: The real stuff that stays on for a week or whatever, I just.
Speaker 2: Like just some of the stuff that stays on for a couple of hours then gets wiped off when we get back home. So anyway, she trying to earn extra pocket money at the moment to get some brand new Dr Martin boots because Billie Eilish wears them and she wants to go in her so, so that's fine. You've got to earn your way. So it's five dollars per shirt for ironing. At the moment, I want to know what do you pay kids? What's the going rate? And what do you get paid to do when you were a kid as well? On nine one four three, So you would did you get paid by my mo and daddy post? Yep?
Speaker 3: I got a weekly allounce. I think I got twenty bucks a week.
Speaker 2: What there back in the day that would have been decent money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had to do all the classics, dishwasher, take the bins out, and make my bed that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, PA's what about you? I guess that living out on the farm with your would you have to kill a cow? Kill a cow? Six am is slit his throat, not a rip cent, punch it out, it's knock it out.
Speaker 4: I got not a red scent, and I used to mow lawns and do the dogs crazy.
Speaker 2: That's another new whatever. Not a red scent. That farm talk.
Speaker 4: Not nothing, not a nothing s ripped off.
Speaker 2: Kelly, Good morning, good morning, good morning, Kelly welcomes for showmte. So tell us about your experiences there were pocket money.
Speaker 13: Okay, So I pay my children to twenty dollars a week to wash the dishes and keep their room cleans. But I wanted to tell you my story about when I was younger. Yep, my uncle Bernie used to pay me two cents per grey hair to puck out of his beds.
Speaker 2: Two cents.
Speaker 13: Two cents yes perk right here?
Speaker 2: Wow? And how many would their uncle Bernie have pulled out in a good session you think.
Speaker 13: I just think got about fifty cents worth away.
Speaker 2: Right, that's about so he would just come around, sit there and then you'd have to put out the gray hair.
Speaker 11: No, thank you.
Speaker 13: My my parents used to go and play cards there, and while they were playing cards, I could.
Speaker 2: Like an elephant sing out of David Attenbrough Keady. That's priceless. That is brittiant, candy. Thank you very much for coding you with that.
Speaker 6: No problem, fine, have a good.
Speaker 2: Mate, Dusty. I'm pretty good, Dusty. I hope you're well. Uh, tell us about you. Then, what do you pay your kids?
Speaker 6: I don't pay my kids anything. I think if you pay your kids for doing general stuff around the house, you're teaking them a sense of entitlement, and they grab the sports brat nothing. I've got six kids and uh and they washed the dishes, they cleaned the toilet, they cleaned the floors, they clean their rooms. I don't believe anyone I would pay their kids to clean their rooms.
Speaker 2: Well, it cost your fortune.
Speaker 6: You've got six kids, they got six, six boys, so they aren't money eting.
Speaker 2: Blimey, that's how do you co? I felt exhausted with two daughters, six boys. I'm bored.
Speaker 9: I'm board.
Speaker 6: My wife's gray.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. All right, justy, thank you very much. She cool have a good weekend.
Speaker 12: You're welcome, you very It's good a.
Speaker 2: Jeanie, Jeanie, Jeanine Janine. Sorry, how is that written down on my phone system?
Speaker 3: He I mean it looks like Jeannie double ni.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, welcome to the show. Welcome, thank you, welcome. We welcomed each other to each other's shows. Right now, what did you get paid to do? Well?
Speaker 7: I wasn't paid anything to do anything at all to do with any of the chores. None of us were. Mum and dad had seven kids, so there was no way they were going to pay us to do anything. On the other hand, my daughter I used to pay her five dollars a week, and that was a dollar a day.
Speaker 3: And so she got weekends off.
Speaker 11: She had right to work on the weekends.
Speaker 2: And what does she have to do for that?
Speaker 7: Empty the mody, the dish washer, hang out washing, bring washing in, do the dishes, vac You mean you knowed anything around the house.
Speaker 3: How does a kid hang out in the washing? You get her up on a step ladder.
Speaker 9: Still you could reach.
Speaker 7: She could reach. She was probably about seven. She could reach uppy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, have a lovely weekend. Thanks very much for calling you. Coming up after eight then we're about ten minutes away from the first winner on my fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy, I could be calling you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melviourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, that's fine. Who's coming to the first winner on this? Are you ready for Christian O'Connell's fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy. We're about to find out who is our first winner five one thousand dollars every Friday. All you have to do during the week every single out between nine and five. You're listening out for a certain song. As soon as you hear the song, you call in and you're added to my contacts list.
Speaker 3: You've got your contact list here today you've yeah, I got to sorry? Are we now? Are we saying the winner? Because we've now we've picked it out, the worker bees have drawn drawn the name. Do we say the name or do we just call the number?
Speaker 2: Well, there's been a lot of the phone frenzy that the frenzy mainly it mainly has been internally with people are arguing about this. I don't know why it's so complicated, but why have we got one hundred and four backup names? How only think we're going to be here doing this telethon? Or will now they give you two or three? And then we crap our pants if no one picks up then and people just go, oh, I get it one hundred.
Speaker 3: And four and how long will that take us? All right, guys, it's twelve thirty in the afternoon Sunday.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's how it works. That's the phone. Friends who've got fifty thousand dollars Every Friday, we call one of you up. If you're on the contacts list. All right, so we're about to phone the first number. Yes, if you got a name, James Calder. Don't think you're meant to give out the sturday. It's James. There's no radio undo button, is there? It's James. Forget her out the other bit? All right, let's call him up now. So we're saying if he doesn't pick up in five we move on five rings. Is that right? I don't know you counting? Is that two? Three? Hello, mister Calder? It James, Jimmy, that's me. Yep, who do you think this is?
Speaker 7: I haven't actually been listening to the radio.
Speaker 10: And the kids said, I think I heard your name.
Speaker 2: You are the first ever winner on the phone, Frenzy. You've got five thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Ah, that's fantastic, thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, well done. So the kids gave you a nudge.
Speaker 12: Well, I think you know, driving the kids to school's a it's a pretty good bonus doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done. What are you going to do with your five thousand dollars if you just want?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: Look, I hate to be boring, but I'm probably going to pay off the credit card.
Speaker 12: But that means I can put a whole lot of new good stuff on it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's all right, wipe it out and start again, can't you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: But shuldn't you spend some of the money with the kids saying as they heard the call out, yeah like a finder.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm sure they'll be onto that as an idea.
Speaker 2: How old are your kids?
Speaker 12: I have got a fifteen, a thirteen and an eleven.
Speaker 2: You don't sound too short.
Speaker 7: I do have to think about that.
Speaker 2: And are they all in the car now? You're on your way to school?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Exactly right? So do they know that dance disc won five thousand dollars? That's awesome? Yeah, well done, Well listen, enjoy spending your money, all right?
Speaker 12: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Bye? All right, Well now, mister calder our first winner so far, all right, more chances you to get called next Friday, coming up between now and the end of the show. Then the song you're listening out for play between nine and ten is Mark Cohen walking in Memphis when you hear that call him for five minutes. We'll keep the lines going for five minutes on nine four one, four to three one on Jimmy Colder this morning, First Winner still got loads of money to give away. Could be you next Friday. Keep listening to Gold one oh four point three, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've often thought of times AFL does look like a game of quidditch, and then yesterday I see one of your players looking like Draco Malfoy. I think, wow, you but really really embraced it.
Speaker 3: It was a odd choice to come out on ans Ac Day with a brand new look, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I liked it, though, but I wonder if it was at times distracting to fellow teammates because it's an incredible hairdoo to suddenly roll out, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It was distracting all of us at home because first they show on the whole team running out through the banner, so you see that somebody's bleedged their hair, but you can't quite tell who is yet, and I kept wanting them to show who it was like this every now and again, someone pops up in the corner of mark.
Speaker 2: First I thought it was a game you play where the first one is what's which player is wins a cash prize at the MCG. Maybe it's something you should do for the losing team. They all have to the next game, have their hair dyed like that, and all play like that until they start winning. All right, So what would you do, by the way, if you did win an instant five thousand dollars like our friend there, I would We've got.
Speaker 3: A gaping hole in the living room where a fireplace should be at the moment.
Speaker 2: You want to get that?
Speaker 3: So were.
Speaker 2: You want to get that? Sort of that? Winter's coming?
Speaker 3: I know, And because now I guess with the fireplace not there, the chimney's got straight access just to blow wind down the chimney.
Speaker 2: It'd be just blasting in around the whole place. Perhaps, what do you do?
Speaker 5: I'd be off to Disneyland, Yeah, take the kid.
Speaker 2: Or just you.
Speaker 5: They probably just get me there for that, but I'm open to going on.
Speaker 2: Hey, just reading has been Chris? Can I need you to look after order for I'm off to disney Man? How did it go?
Speaker 5: Well, wouldn't it?
Speaker 2: I would use my five thousand dollars, I'd fly to New York in two weeks time, and I would get the first available copy of Howard Stern's new book, Mate is all about that for me?
Speaker 3: Well, so, you're lineup at the bookstore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they come out a couple of days before they do over here, and I would I'd go, that's what I would do.
Speaker 3: So is it autobiographical? Because I thought you.
Speaker 2: Were in he's done two books? Not that a big fan. I think he's done two books, and one of which, obviously, Private Parts, was a very good movie as well. But this one is a huge, big old book. It's gonna be like three hundred pages, and it's a lot of him talking about and transcripts of his interviews, which are the best interviews that around TV or radio, and then loads of other stuff as well, including one big secret that's been harboring for years and why he's kept it secret. And everyone's going to speculate at the moment what they think Howard Sterne's secret is?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think it's the fact that he's bored. He's been wearing a wig. For years.
Speaker 3: Really does he start?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I think it is. I don't know who.
Speaker 4: He's got eyebrows though, hasn't he like he's got bushy eyebrows?
Speaker 2: Will be a double cruel blow for a bald man. If you lost your top of your head and your eyebrows. People don't have no eyebrows? Some No, they don't. I don't know when you crash your car if you're driving along the albino man? Or why's he got no eyebrows? To be more disconcerted than the fact Bruce Willis has eyebrows.
Speaker 5: Fair Howard's a really thick and dark but there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't got anything to do with it. There's there's bordered people who've got eyebrows about all of them. All right, I'll tell you what. This will be the quickest phone and we've ever done. Are you bald with no eyebrows? Calling now to bring us wrong? Nine one O four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I saw the trailer for the new Elton John movie Tara and Edgerton is a great actor can be playing Elton John. It looks brilliant. You seen the trailer? Yeah, oh, can't wait. We'll hope to get any do an exclusive exclusive early preview of that as well. Elton John. I'm still standing on God one I four point three. So listen. If you are a ball gentleman and you ever meet Patrina Jones or news lady, you know that she is stoning at your face thicking. Oh, he's wearing eyebrow wigs. Eyebrow A two pay? How's he got those fake eyebrows on?
Speaker 5: Six to one?
Speaker 2: Dead centerpiece? That's what he's got there above his eyes. All right, it's time for this week's don't judge me, but the next half an hour radio is judgment free. You call up, confess something you do. We do not judge you. Some of the stuff we hear on this don't judge me.
Speaker 7: But I'm forty six and I'm completely and utterly addicted to a PlayStation four game which is named a teenagers.
Speaker 2: What's the game? It's called Dead by Daylight.
Speaker 9: It's survival horror game.
Speaker 13: My son has been playing it for a while, and I just happened to glance over his shoulder and go, hell that.
Speaker 9: Actually they're terrifyingly fun.
Speaker 3: What's your son's name, Hayden? Have you playing upstairs on the video? Go and going Hayden, what times dinner?
Speaker 13: Don't judge me, but some days we'll go to the drawer and this note phone underfinished.
Speaker 12: So were the missages?
Speaker 6: So I don't give me buck kicked or put them back in the drawer so she has no water.
Speaker 14: Don't judge me, but I cannot stand people doing silly things on the road. And I sometimes fit the horn when my husband's driving, so I will lean over and fit the horn and he'll get angry at me, and I'll get angry at him, and then I'll get angry at the driver in front of it.
Speaker 3: I love that, and I.
Speaker 14: Also do the wipers if I can't see.
Speaker 2: All right, that's all the ones we've had so far. Then don't judge me. But nine four one four one o four three the best Confessions we get to that half of now, some amazing brizes. I'm just looking around the studio, including a breakfast show mug and I brought this when I went to hero and Iland last week. A Heron Island from the gift shop there. Coaster, Oh very nice. It's just one. It's only only only you get to use the coaster and nobody else. All right, then give us a call nine.
Speaker 1: Four four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Friday morning. We're taking your calls down your confessions in a judgment free zone. We call it judgment Friday. Christian o'connalls. Don't judge me, but all right, so mine this week. And I found yesterday what a great surprise this was. I found where my wife is hitting the kids chocolate Easter eggs because they had too many. So I tell you what those kids, But I hung up and find that secret stash. Just Papa's tearing through it.
Speaker 3: Why say she's going to drip three feed them chocolate eggs?
Speaker 5: Yep, they get so much.
Speaker 2: You've got it way too much as well.
Speaker 3: I used to eat or on the Sunday and my brother was good at keeping them, so for the rest of the next few weeks, I was always so angry at him that he still had eggs and I didn't have any. The drip feed is such a great, great way to.
Speaker 2: Do it well, the drip feed. That old bag of drip feeds getting small and smaller because I keep eating it, and soon my wife is going to discover there's hardly any left for those kids. So I guess I'm saving them from getting their type two diabetes. So that's why it's a selfless gesture. Really, don't do.
Speaker 3: No judgments, thank you very much. What is your confession, simple one, probably a classic one for a lot of households. But I've noticed that I've started if and I don't do it very often. If I audibly fought, just blame it on the dog.
Speaker 2: Well like a ventriloquist. You're going to go you could throw.
Speaker 3: Your well, usually it will happen from a different runs, so Bianki, it actually goes. I heard that that was Luna.
Speaker 2: But that's why they're called man's best friend. They're also there to take the blame for that as well.
Speaker 3: If she can't defend herself, all right, just go to Matt.
Speaker 2: Now, good morning, Matt, Good morning. You're boding Matthew, And what is your don't judge me, but all right, judge me.
Speaker 12: But I am forty five, im, I'm a father of four kids, and I'm completely addicted to that new ABC show called Blue first thing in the morning. Now, I hear a lot of listeners out there going yes because it is one of the best cartoon family, I should say family, But it's a kid's TV shows always starts at eight am in the morning. The kids will be getting ready for kinder going dad, come on, get me ready. It's like, hang on in a second, but it is one of the best cartoon It's this Australian TV cartoon. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: And what is Blue? Tell us about Blue?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm forty five and I'm telling you now. It's a cartoon and it's about a blue healer who's a cartoon. His name, of course is Bluie. Well she is, should I say? She's like I think six years old, and she's got a sister called Bingo. And there's the mother and father who are Bandit and Chili and their voice by Australian. It's like Miss Warhurst and who else is it? The excellent singer of the Australian band Custard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that sounds pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 12: Don't blame me if you get addicted, all right, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's my Yeah, yeah, I used to really get into some of that when my kids were your kid's age. There used to be a TV show called The Night Garden and I'd actually it was a highlight of my day watching that. I would fall asleep watching that. Every the kids would stop waking outing. You're leaning on me, dad. There's the theme tune. Yes, my name is Eagle Biggle, Big Wiggle Wigle Woo and I like sleep Town, still love that, and then Dog with the Blog. Have you seen Dog with a blog?
Speaker 12: It is that there's a lot of adult jokes in there too, which go over the kids' heads, which is great, like you'll be scrubbing.
Speaker 2: Have to go and watch this. Now, I'm going to check out blue and some of all the other stuff I got banked up on Netflix stuff to watch this week. I'm gonna have to check out Bluey.
Speaker 12: There's one thing where he's scrapping the toilet and he's saying, when the kids walking, we come on, My goodness, what have I been feeding you? It's amazing.
Speaker 2: You got to be there for that one. You're Matt's all getting on a seat, folks. All right, Matt setting up the Melbourne Fang Club online now for Bluey. Matt, thank you very much for calling in and confessing. Thanks buddy, all right, hav a good weekend. Back to more Bluey? All right, then, what's your don't judge me, but we've had We're not asking Patsy's because we found out earlier on what it was and no one needs to hear what she's putting down there. Nine four one for one oh.
Speaker 1: For three, the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've just found out that Blue is the ABC's biggest and most popular TV show. I'm not joking. Since it started in October, that kid's TV show that Matt was turn us about twenty three million times has been downloaded from the ABC website. Wow, it's huge and it's they've just on a globe will deal for it. But the creators here in Australia refused to read dub out for America and the UK the Aussie accents. They're keeping them and good for you rightly. So what was that on.
Speaker 5: The other side of the building?
Speaker 2: I can hear it sense of world's worst soundproofing. What kind of crap box is this? We can hear some of the other side of the building. I don't meant it being the most sound brufe building in the world. The other day, two days ago, we were showing you the story about this amazing story, one of the most interesting news stories I think of the week. It's an amazing story. It's a miracle. Lady who's been in a coma for twenty eight years has suddenly woken up. Nineteen ninety one is when she went into a coma and she's she's alive, She's woken up. It's incredible. I can't stop thinking about this will be her first weekend awake in twenty eight years. You MEAs, what's she going to do?
Speaker 3: Are you assuming she's already watched Titanic and Sixth Sense and all the things you recommend.
Speaker 2: She's had four days and played bop it to going near a Nintendo snares, played Sonic, had a cheeseburger. But I can't help but think a couple of things about this, Right, I know this is the other around. If I heaven forbid, I hope this never happens. But if I was in a deep comba for twenty eight years, right, I know that my wife would have moved on?
Speaker 3: How quickly?
Speaker 2: Well, Tom Hanks, even though that lady's married to Tom Hanks and cast away? How many years she moves on?
Speaker 7: Years?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Four years she moves on? Was he shacked up in the eye? Were just old Wilson for company? Doing goodness? Now with Wilson, you know he's a guy, he's got need.
Speaker 3: They've both moved on, and this.
Speaker 2: Is my new friend, what's her name? Wilson? Do you think do you think it's going to be awkward where you know, they're catching up the husband and all that, and obviously twenty eight years he's he's probably.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Seriah's new husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, No, the guy, the coma lady, her husband found. He's not going to wait to twenty eight years. She's going to wake up and I'll say, God, it's a miracle your alive. It's going to get awkward and she going to go, who are those people there? Oh? Ah, that's my wife? Who those are there? There? My kids? Who are the little people there? Are? Grandkids? Twenty eight years is a long.
Speaker 3: Time can get a luck down, yew.
Speaker 2: They would have moved on, wouldn't they? And also, do you know what if I was in a coma for twenty eight years? That's never not been mentioned in every argument we ever had. Well, I'm not the one that was asleep for twenty eight years. Every single argument that's been brought up the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three today is that? What time? Waster? Bond the twenty fifth Bond movie, no idea on the title yet, but they have announced that the new Bond Baddie, which is great casting Oscar winning, brilliant as Freddy Mercury and Bhamian Rout seat Raymie Mallick. Also they revealed that it will be in his character as Freddie Mercury as well. Amazing singing crazy Baddie. Awesome, what a great idea along with Daniel Craig. What's not so Light Today? Then the op word time waster is a Bond tip and it's ruin a Bond movie. Have you seen any Bond movies I've seen, because early on I found out you haven't even seen a great pretty woman. I've got octopus, pussy Puss here, Puss Puss, Puss pus. One title Casino, Royauer Cheese, very Funny, Live and let Snapchat. The Spy met me on Tinder from Russia with lube O, The Nan with a Golden Gun, The Nan with the Golden Gun. We find out more about James Bond and his grandmother in The Nan with the Golden Gun and the Spy who loved Meat and my last one Skype fell, Let the sky fell? All right? What have you got them? Ruined a Bond movie?
Speaker 15: Octopussy pussy. Yeah a long title, moldy eye so moldy yeah. Are we gonna get like an extra line on all of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man with the Golden mom.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well you've got the Golden mom and the man with the Golden gun. It's the whole family of Bonds.
Speaker 3: And quantum of sandwich. I didn't like that one.
Speaker 2: Let's not end on a band. Okay, let's go back to Octopus, pussy Puss, powerful stuff, all right, Send us yours ruin a Bond movie. It's Friday. Would expect oh four seven five three one oh four three ruin a Bond movie this morning? That's the outwork time waste to do you best on four seven five o three one o four three? What them in ten minutes time? After some music The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Genesis Icon't Dance Good Song. One of the worst music videos ever. It's just the three of them just going from the left of the screen to the right the screen, then back the other way. That's it.
Speaker 3: They bother to dress up though they're in Texas.
Speaker 2: That is the only effort they made in that music video. Genesis icon't dance. The song you're listening out for this hour between now and ten o'clock is Mark Cohen walking in Memphis. That's you try and get all my contacts. This is part of our fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy by you the way. No more will I hear any more jokes about THEES fans being very partial Evan cheeseboards. What's that about the food poising outbreak at the Chairman's lunch for the bombers? For Rabbit Terrienne, Rabbit Terene. What sad bombers person who's got food bois? He has to call him work today? I've had a Dongey teren.
Speaker 3: That's what they were booing at the end of the Man.
Speaker 2: This Rabbit Tarene is too so alright. Then they announced recently the twenty fifth Bond movie. They're announcing a title next week, but they have announced it. Rebbie Mannik from Bahamian Rhapsody. It's going to be the Bond Baggy Addi with Daniel Craig Switch on a ruin a Bond movie, Tachi, you're ready to mark dr no idea Silver plus dodr no I can't operate. It's not covered by your insurance. Silver leaf Breaker, Anita in Mays or till well done? Dr Yeah no, maybe cute Silver plus lou Worlder, the Man with the Golden Goat, Silver Old Finger, the Spy who Gloved Me ex definitely unmarkable. I'm probably unbroadcastable. But Bes, why did you highlight I did not? You highlighted that from Russia with hate? Silver Dr No idea weeth what's happened is shows screaming Friday now on her Majesty's Secret Corgy Service.
Speaker 15: Don't know what's going on there Front Moon Breaker, Better Silver, Live and get Pie.
Speaker 2: Well that's it. We're backing track now World Undrell, thank God, Norell and the Spy flash mob me.
Speaker 3: I want to give it a bit of mark because there wasn't many golds, but it's only silver.
Speaker 2: All right? And how to bart?
Speaker 1: What up the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Mark Cohen Walking in Memphis. That was the winning song. This out to get on my contacts list. You could be getting a phone call next Friday on our fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy Next chance to win get on my list is after ten o'clock with Higo this morning on Gold one. I four point three. After today's show, I'm going to meet someone for breakfast. This person has no idea what we've met before. It's an Australian comedian called Matthew Hardy, who wrote a great book quite a few years ago about footy and growing up as a young footy fan, a Saints fan. It's called Saturday Fever, Saturday Football Fever. It's a great book. And we got talking on social media and he invited me out for breakfast. He's been listening to the show, but he used to be he was in his early twenties. He came over to England and became a very big stand up star. He was a really great stand It must have been only in his early twenties. And I've met him in nineteen ninety five and he doesn't know it, and I've hated him so that ever since.
Speaker 3: Well before you even doing standing up yourself and before you're on radio.
Speaker 2: I was at college, okay, and I went to every week at our college a load of comedians. Three comedians would come and they taught they get the best of these standarup comedians outside of London and they would do a tour. Young Matthew was one of them, and he he was brilliant. He was young, cool, he was Australia. It's like an exotic thing, and he was brilliant. Afterwards, I'd gone with this girl and nothing had happened between us, but I was hoping that it would. It was imminent. She became quite swimt with the young Matthew Hardy. Right. She went up to and started talking to him. He took her off. Your date.
Speaker 5: He snatched your date.
Speaker 2: He was wearing leather trousers. I know I just had five at once. You knew that to another guy? He took her off?
Speaker 3: Is that why you got into comedy and entertainment after that night?
Speaker 2: To try and win jump. I'm seeing him for breakfast. He doesn't not know that. For the last like twenty odd years, wherever it is, it's nineteen ninety four, I've hated him. Whenever I heard the name Matthew Hardy was that bloody Australia and leather pants. So I'm gonna be honest when I see him today, is going to bring back I'm going to send him you don't even remember her name. I bet what was her name? I do Joanna. If he walks into those leather pants, I think I'm going to chin him. So I'm looking forward to meeting him. But when should I bring up our breakfast? Should I just do it at the end, at the very end, I think, no, do it.
Speaker 3: Get it out of the way, because over your smashed avocado. You'll just be glaring.
Speaker 2: You'll have no idea why you hate it, may thine. If he's listening to this right now, he's turning the car around, going I do not want to meet some angry guy who's harbored a grudge for twenty five years. He's been better bit he stole Joanna and it was all about those leather pants.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Next week we got a big week on the show Monday, We're lucky to be joined on the show by our good friend Hamish Blake's coming in. Check out his new TV show Lego Wars is on Sunday night. And then next week we have a huge trip to go to London see one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time, The Who Who, The Who. Don't forget Okay, you're a little bit too quick. Get it right for Monday. Okay, a trip to London. Go and see one of the greatest rock and roll bands, The Who Who. No, it's the band Ah comedy like that. Next week on the show When You Wake Up. Eddie Vedder is also on the same bill. Now, don't deal with that one, it's no. Just do it with the Who to celebrate the launch of this amazing new exhibition Revolutions, Records and Rebels at the Melbourne Museum. That's the big prize. On the show next week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is it for us? Oh no, it's not. Actually we are not just back Monday morning. We're back tomorrow morning, either at seven or at am. Of course, after one hundred and eighty two shows, what a time to be alive. We've finally been given her best off. I reckon. The boss has realized, probably like a lot of you, that is better as a three day week breakfast show. She's gone. Now they're really good. We're allowed two hours, two hours out to twenty odd. We do a week she's gone. I think they're good for a two hour best of on a Saturday that is either seven am or eight am, so it's either seven till nine or eight till ten.
Speaker 3: No, I mean the fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy this week has caused a friends in here This Saturday show, what's even caught?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 3: Is it on seven or eight am?
Speaker 2: Does anybody I need to know because obviously I'm coming in line. Yes, Brad the producer is saying eight, Beck saying seven. So I tell you what, get there at seven. You won't be disappointed if if we're not there, You've got an hour of good music on Cold one oh four point three, So we'll join you tomorrow morning seven or am one of them? We're there? Oh we got a best off. But anyway, we speak to you tomorrow morning with the best of I net forget you got the big trip next week to Window showed a good to London and see the Who Live Who? Thank you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: And title of today's show is eyebrow Wigs. Enjoy your weekend. I'm off to go and have a fight with a man who stole my lady back twenty five years ago. When there's leather trousers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvine's Gold one oh four point three