Speaker 1: It's the pickup around Australia Forritt Laura mitch here thanks to chemists warehouse rush into chemists to ware houses Frother's day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. They've got the great savings every day. We've all been through that awkward situation where you're going for a new job and sometimes you've been employed for ages, so you haven't gone through that process of applying for gigs.
Speaker 2: But we all have to put references.
Speaker 3: It's so annoying because then you know that they're going to call your current place of employment and then you're like, am I going to get in trouble?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also it's so silly to me because people always if you have put a reference down, you know the reference is going to say good things.
Speaker 4: What's the point of calling?
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: The reason I bring it up is because someone who applied for a job in the US got some numbers wrong when she put down her reference. So she meant to put down a coworker that could give a glowing reference. Instead she got one digit wrong and she put down a stranger. So this stranger has gone to TikTok to say I've been put down as a reference.
Speaker 2: But don't worry. I was great, babe.
Speaker 5: Somebody named Kaitlin listed me as a job reference on their resume and said that my name was Katie. I think that they just put the wrong number down, But I have been getting phone calls this morning from people asking for references, and Caitlyn, I just need you to know that I have vouched for you. I have come through. You show up on time. You are the hardest worker I've ever met.
Speaker 2: She's so good.
Speaker 1: The comments are like praising her for being such a legend, because imagine getting a phone call, being asked these questions about someone you've never met, and playing along with.
Speaker 3: It on a Yeah, but this girl wantn't be getting the job because there's multiple people calling for references.
Speaker 4: So she's not getting a job.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Well, she's had multiple calls for references, so the reference must be that good because she ain't got the job.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe she applied for several jobs.
Speaker 1: And they were coming to the best part is, she says in a Step too Far, I did make up a story in which Caitlyn saved Emma's son's life via CPR in the knee drowning incident.
Speaker 2: Probably took it too far?
Speaker 3: Is too far? It's like a sales position and the like. Well, they have saved someone from the ocean, given CPR.
Speaker 1: I think it's a real aussy trait though, to just to pick up the phone and go with the flow to help someone out.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon?
Speaker 3: We should try this out, see if it is an Aussie trade love a random person? Yeah, Midge, won't you call someone and just just see a recruiter, see be a recruiter or something and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Oh what, I'll just pretend that I'm after a reference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Pretend you're from a recruitment company and just make them believe that your friends.
Speaker 2: So this is Jenny called Jenny out of the blow. All right, cool Jenny, jesus, it's called Jenny. Good afternoon, Jenny, Jenny.
Speaker 1: This is Mitch here. How are you, love, Mitch from Hudson and Hudson Civil Contracting.
Speaker 2: How are you? Oh?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Thanks, that's good, Jenny.
Speaker 1: I've got you down as a reference for Laura. We have her here applying for a job for a crane worker. She said she's worked for you in the past. I just wanted to do a quick reference check if you don't mind.
Speaker 4: Yes, So, who's Laura? I don't even know her name?
Speaker 2: Laura.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just listed you as a previous manager. You may have worked with her in the past. She's got retail as previous experience Laura.
Speaker 2: What's the surname, Laura? I can't really disclose. Laura B. Laura B, Laura B. She says she worked with you.
Speaker 1: She said you two had fun at the Christmas parties together, and you often would partaking fun runs together for charity.
Speaker 2: I just want to just tick off the list that I've got it from Laura. Is that true?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I can't even think of a Laura.
Speaker 1: The only Laura that worked for me was hopeless. Interesting, this could be this could be her Jenny. What color hair? What color hair did that Laura have?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, she's she was.
Speaker 4: I'm a headresser, so.
Speaker 2: She could have any color hair. Interesting. I don't know where she worked previously. She didn't work for me for long. Yeah, no, I can imagine. Yeah, Oh you sat her? Why what did you do? What did you do?
Speaker 1: Because I think this might be the same Laura that's applied for the crane operator role. Oh, Okay, Well, she wasn't lot with me long she was just hopeless in everything. Communication was was a floor? Or was it perhaps that maybe lazy long.
Speaker 2: Long time ago you're talking as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well she's got she's got jobs listed back to early as the nineteen nineties, so it could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, definitely was if it was her.
Speaker 2: Don't employ it. Wow, All right, well she's she's got Wow.
Speaker 1: So injury listening here that once in the tea room there was a choking incident and she helped bring someone back to life. Is that true?
Speaker 2: Oh God, No, that's not something within her character, is it. Well, I don't even know who she I'm talking a long time ago.
Speaker 1: If it's the same one and she wasn't with me long's.
Speaker 2: I'd really like to know her name. That's the only thing. I can't even think of a Laura that even works for me, Jenny, I've got her surname. It's Laura Burn from the pickup. She's here. It's Britt, Mitch and Laura on the pickup.
Speaker 1: There's no job, there's no Laura.
Speaker 4: Give me a glowing reference. I love that you gave a real reference, Jenny. You were like do not hire that woman.
Speaker 3: Laura.
Speaker 4: There you go. Well we are on the pickup radio station. You're gonna be ony.
Speaker 2: Should recognize your boys.
Speaker 3: What a change in occupation from hairdresser to crane.
Speaker 4: It's been many years, so bad, you guys, many many years, and she's changing her occupation.
Speaker 2: I love it, but it's been so long. But you still have a grudge out for it, don't.
Speaker 4: She did not save anyone's life.
Speaker 1: Back to work, sorry, back to work horrors.
Speaker 2: What a good sport. No holds barred there, huh. All right, we'll back after this on the pickup