Speaker 1: The answer to any how question is always how do I become an energetic match to what I want? Welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life, which hat a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the rn C community behind you.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conker Podcast. It is your host Georgie Stevenson, and we are back with a solo episode today. So I wanted to chat to you guys about something that honestly like, I teach this in the Rise and Conker Project, and I have like the quote. I wrote this on a piece of paper years ago, not probably probably last year. So like I have it on my vision board, and I think this is the whole gist of self development and of you know, our journey and realizing that it is never ending. And sometimes, you know, we forget stuff that we've learn and we need to you know, practice what we preach, and sometimes something will happen and we need to kind of learn that lesson again, to remember that core believe, to remember you know, what we believe in, and how we can get understuck. So the quote I want you to start thinking about today is the answer to any how question is always how do I become an energetic match to.
Speaker 2: What I want?
Speaker 1: So let's kind of go into this and I have a bit of a story for you today. So as you guys may no probably do know, I am currently pregnant. I am twenty eight weeks pregnant. So I've just gone to my third trimester and.
Speaker 2: I kind of had this grand.
Speaker 1: Planned, grand plan, sorry that after week twenty I would start slowing down.
Speaker 2: And I I.
Speaker 1: Really kind of had this plan and put this in place because I have been going pretty full speed, pretty full on for probably like ten years now. I you know, went straight from high school into UNI, straight from UNI into my corporate law job and then quit that and have you know, been doing my own businesses And especially I think when I quit my corporate job and I decided to do my own thing, I did feel this huge pressure. And don't get me wrong, it wasn't from anyone but myself, but I guess a pressure to succeed because in my mind it was like, you know, I've just done six years of study. I'm going to quit and go off and do this thing on social media that no one really gets, you know, I need to prove myself.
Speaker 2: And so for the first couple of years.
Speaker 1: I was just hustling and I was doing all the things, and I'm super proud of my efforts, and I definitely have chilled out a bit, but I guess it just definitely feels like I have.
Speaker 2: Been going one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 1: And I guess with how long it took me into him to get pregnant and our trying to conceive journey and our miscarriage, I kind of had this intention in my head that this time of my life I really wanted to slow down and stop and be present and embrace this journey of going from you know, I guess not being a mother to being a mother, and yeah, because it's something you know, like I've meditated and visualized and on for so long. I guess I just have this certain picture about how I want it to be, which is probably, you know, my first mistake, because everyone tells me that parenthood is you cannot plan for it, and I one hundred percent get it. But I guess I know my personality too, and I am also very career, results driven, and I do I thrive off business. I thrive off the adrenaline of launching things and getting out of my comfort zone. And so I do know this transition from you know, my current life to being someone's mother and having a newborn. I don't want to say it's difficult because I don't want to manifest that, but I just know it's going to be interesting and different.
Speaker 2: For me personally.
Speaker 1: And so I did kind of have this grand plan that I would start slowing down after twenty weeks, I guess, to make this transition easier, so it didn't just go for me working you know, my crazy work hours and work weeks to sitting at home with this newborn. Yeah, I guess I just know myself and that's what I want for myself and for my family. And I also do plan to have you know, maternity leave and not be in my businesses. So you know, she's she's got a full plan in true George style. And yeah, so that was kind of the plan. And then I launched my Rise and Conker Projects a live round for the very I don't want to say the last time, but for the last time this year, and that was kind of like I would finish that launch around twenty weeks and then I would get into this like slower period. Like the way I explained it to my brother Cooper is just kind of like, you know, I want to wake up at you know, not too early. I don't want to wake up to an alarm. I want my bodyclock to wake up. I want to go for a beach walk or go to pilates. I want to have breakfast. I want to come into the office around nine am or even a little bit later, like I really want to do my morning routine, do my meditation, and do my hypno birthing meditation, come the office, take a couple of meetings with the team, and then leave at like three and have time in the afternoon, you know, to get the house a bit sorted, to go from a beach walk with Tim, maybe start cooking dinner. That's kind of what I had envisioned in me, kind of slowing down and yeah, easing into this transition, which I know is going to be huge.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because I had that plan.
Speaker 1: I said that after twenty weeks and I'm looking back at the last two months and I have been probably.
Speaker 2: More busier than ever. And it's like, it's this weird concept because I'm like, what is wrong with me? How?
Speaker 1: Like? I have all the intention to slow down.
Speaker 2: I have all the intention, you know, to do.
Speaker 1: Life a certain way, but it's like I can't get on top of things and I can't kind of get to that state of where I want to be. So back to the quote, the answer to anyhow question is always how do I become an energetic match to what I want? So, guys, do you see how My question is? How do I attract you know, calm, How do I attract peace and slowness? And can you not see how me and my lifestyle of well, I just need to get on top of these things and then I'll slow down and so What basically is happening is I am trying to attract calm and peacefulness with busyness. I'm trying to attract it with well, I'm just going to smash out this stuff and get it done and then.
Speaker 2: I can slow down.
Speaker 1: But I'm now looking back and I'm like, it's never going to happen. There's always going to be another to do. There's always going to be something on my plate, and I have to be more intentional and I have to you know, energetically match what I want in my life. So I kind of had this like epiphany. It was actually because I did the last call for the Rise and Conker project and I said that quote and then I was kind of thinking about it after and I was like, hang on a second, Georgia, Like all you're saying, actually no, I'd completely missed a whole part. What kind of brought this on is last week there was just like a.
Speaker 2: Couple of things that happened.
Speaker 1: So for example, we had a half day on Thursday because we it was a show day on the Friday for Gold Cost so you know, the whole team was having Friday off. And on Thursday we had a team Bowls activity we try and do a team activity with the NH team every couple of months. So we had Team Bowls, so you know, it was a half day and so I missed half a day there, and then on the Friday, I actually recorded a podcast with my girlfriends and we kind of had some tech issues and it just took a way longer than we thought. And then I had an appointment, and I guess, like I just thought I would have a lot more time than I did, but you know, when just like one thing happens after the other, and so you know, I kind of lost two days of my week, which I was then like, well, I'm going to have to work all weekend because how am I going to get these things done? And I went into a massage on Friday. And this is also another big thing with me going onto maternity leave is I'm trying to get in as many kind of self care appointments because I find like having something scheduled in it like just keeps me accountable and makes me actually go and do these things. And so like, for example, I have a weekly acupuncture appointment. I try and get a pregnancy message every couple of weeks, and also a facial every couple of weeks, and all these treatments are very kind of like you can probably tell, but my love language is definitely touch. So all these treatments are about touch and slowing down and I love them. And so I had a massage booked in Friday afternoon. It was kind of like you know that situation where I, you know, had stuff to.
Speaker 2: Do, but I was like, oh, well, I just have to go to this massage.
Speaker 1: And I was on the massage table and I was thinking about everything, and then my massage lady was kind of saying, we're going to start like opening up my pulvic bones, you know, for birth, and so she was kind of like massaging a certain way, and I guess I then started thinking about birth and I was like, it's literally twelve weeks away, and I am the most busiest, I feel the most stressed. I have so much anxiety, like what is happening? And I started to get hot and cold and I had I started to get really nauseous, and I had to tell my massage lady.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm so sorry, I need to stop.
Speaker 1: I need to like sit up, and she gave she gave me a bucket and she tickled my back and I kind of felt a bit better. But then she said, you just had like a panic attack or an anxiety attack during a massage, and I think that was kind of like my turning point, whereas like Georgia, you need to get this sorted. What you're currently doing is not working. And then also think what fed into that is on the massage table. I then was feeling so guilty because I was like, you know, you've want this pregnancy for so long, You've wanted to be a mother for so long, and you're not even taking this seriously. You're not even you know, doing the things she said you're going to do and slowing down and embracing this time. And it made me very upset and sad. Okay, r n C fam, We're taking a quick break, and I want to ask you, guys, are you getting your daily recommended intake of three fruits and five veggies?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Sometimes maybe I feel you on this.
Speaker 2: Wow. So, in a perfect world, we.
Speaker 1: Are getting all our vitamin minerals and needs from our food directly, but because we live such hectic lives and our soil is often lacking from so much farming done, that doesn't always happen, and that's why supplements are so popular, and that's why Naked Harvest was born just to be very transparent with you. So what we really wanted to do was make sure you're getting what you need in a convenient way when you're not getting your daily recommended intake of veggies. In so introducing our newest product, Gorgeous Greens, which is a greens powder that actually tastes delicious. So we have been formulating this for quite a while because honestly, it was so hard to have a greens powder that has all the good stuff and that tastes delicious, Like I honestly get why so many other greens powders just taste so foul. And honestly, any other greens powder I bought, I've just never finished and I just throw it away. So there are two flavors. That is very vanilla and mango magic. I recommend getting very vanilla if you just want to add it to your smoothies, but if you do want to have it by itself, Mango magic is so delicious and so flavorsome. Also, guys, the greens plowder is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined sugar free and family friendly, So one scoop equals one so of veggies, so you're really getting veggies in at breakfast time if you're a smoothie lover like me, and it just makes it easier to get all the veggies in and to really making sure you're getting the vitamins and minerals you need daily. So I absolutely know that if you try this product, you will love it. That's how confident I am with this greens powder because ah, we have just with aiste, we as the flavor. So guys, if you need to get some veggies in your day in a more convenient way, try Gorgeous Screens today. So I do have a sneaky code for my Rise and Concher family, which is just Rise and Conquer podcasts. You can just put that at checkout at Naked Harvest Supplements dot com and the Gorgeous Greens is under the wellness tap. Okay, enough about Gorgeous Greens. Let's get back into the show. Anyway, A little sidee side note of my you know where my head's been at.
Speaker 2: The last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So basically I sat down and I was like, Okay, how do I attract um how do I, you know, really implement this. And here's the thing is, I have an amazing team. I have a lot of things sorted. N H Cooper, Like my brother who co founded Naked Harvest, he is currently kind of a Matt Leaf because his wife had a baby baby.
Speaker 2: So I guess there has been a little.
Speaker 1: Bit me trying to, you know, make sure I'm.
Speaker 2: With the team because he's not there.
Speaker 1: But also, like I know, the NH team is very self sufficient. We have you know, taught them that way, you know. Within my own business with this podcast, I have a really amazing podcast manager who's so helpful, you know. I have a partnerships manager who organizes all my partnerships and everything like that. So I do have help and I have the support there. So basically I sat down and I just said, look, for now, moving forward, I'm actually going to be saying no.
Speaker 2: To a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be putting in stronger boundaries, and I'm going to be taking my power back.
Speaker 2: And so, guys, with.
Speaker 1: This whole concept taking your power back, I think sometimes in little ways we can let our and because you never like your power never leaves you, because your power is always inside you it comes from within, but we can.
Speaker 2: Give away our power in little bits.
Speaker 1: So it can be simple things of not having strong boundaries with friends, family, colleagues, your team, and you know, just saying yes when you want to say no. That is giving your power back. Like another thing I notice is for like every single morning, I wake up and I go straight on my phone, and I think we can all agree there's a lot of Oh, there's a lot of kind of like craziness, not craziness, but just there's a lot of fear happening right now on social media, and I kind of, you know, I go on social media and it's like this person's calling out this person, or there's a new art news article and how many COVID cases and you know, it's all stuff. I'm not saying to put your head in the sand, and you know, never know anything. I think it's important, But can you kind of imagine you're trying to start your day on this like positive calm state, and that's the first thing I see. And so I thought, Georgie, you're giving away your power by simply going on your phone in the morning and not serving yourself first. And so I think sometimes like when our reality isn't what we want it to be.
Speaker 2: Is have a look.
Speaker 1: Around and think, how am I giving away my power? How am I not in alignment? And you know, the thing I want or the feeling I want, what I need in my life?
Speaker 2: How can I.
Speaker 1: Become an energetic match? So for me, I started writing down I'm going to wake up. I'm not going on my phone. I'm not giving away my power, and I'm going to go for.
Speaker 2: A beach walk.
Speaker 1: I don't care what time it is. I'm going for a beach walk. It can be, you know, half an hour. I'm going to listen to and very intentionable about what I listened to, whether it's music, a meditation, or a podcast. And that is how I'm going to start my day. And it's funny because I started this on Monday, and I'm recording this on a Wednesday. And I noticed on the Monday I thought about something I needed to do at work, and I had this fleeting thought of, well, why don't you know you're up? Now, you're up and ready. Why didn't you just go straight to ward so you can smash out and get it done and you can go for a walk this afternoon. And I kind of had to sit there and go no, Georgia, we're going for a walk. Now, we're setting a calm intention.
Speaker 2: We don't need to rush to work.
Speaker 1: We don't need to you know, do that because again, that is not an energetic match of what we want. So I guess kind of you know, my PEP talk to you today is yeah, like I said, like if you're wanting something, or if you're currently feeling super drained or just like something is missing, is kind of I want you to start thinking about how you can take your power back and give that to yourself. I think a lot of the times, like you know, we will go through something and it might be something with a friend or something with a partner, and someone treating us a certain way that we don't believe, you know, we deserve or makes us not feel very good. And often we can like really let that affect us and take our power away and make us feel a certain way. But something I'm really big on is realizing that anything we need, we can give to ourselves. So, for example, if you're not experiencing enough love from your partner or your friend, and yeah, you're feeling a bit unloved, You're feeling a bit like, well, what about me? I want you to think about how can you give that to yourself? Can you take yourself out out on a little breakfast date and get your favorite you know, breakfast and coffee and sit somewhere nice and give yourself that time and attention like you know, like me with wanting to attract calm in you know, my schedule. It's like, well, I can actually give that to myself. I just need to create stronger boundaries and I just didn't need to be.
Speaker 2: More intense.
Speaker 1: Or you know, there's there's just so many things that it's like, how can you give that to yourself and kind of take your power back by not having you know, will I need it from someone else or I need it from an external source. And I think that's kind of what I realized I was doing, is I wanted work to slow down, or you know, my team to slow down or things to slow down, and then I could feel a certain way, and it's like life just doesn't happen and work that way. You need to create the feeling first. You need to serve yourself first, nurture it in yourself first, and then you can.
Speaker 2: Feel that way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what I'm doing, guys, is I am attracting all the calm? And I guess, like, before I do something, I'm thinking, is this in alignment with my current goal and intention, which is to attract calm, which is to you know, be in this state, And then I will answer yes or no. So simply, you know, on that Monday where I thought, well, should I just go into work early and get my work done? And it's like, no, Georgia, because that's not in alignment of what you currently need and we are serving your needs first. So like to kind of you know, sum it up, cap it up. If you're currently feeling overwhelmed stress, you know, out of alignment, but you're also doing things that match that, you need to kind of take a step back and go, well, of course my life, you know, feels this way, or you know I'm getting these results is because that's what I'm putting out there. If you want something else, you need to match that energetically and put it out there and then watch your reality reflect that. So ask yourself, what do you need to feel better today? What do you need to feel more aligned and to take back your power. I want you to have a think about it and then I want you to create an attention to you know, it could be as simple as changing one thing in your routine to be more in alignment with that thing.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: You know, we all have jobs and kids and routines and we can't just be like, oh, well, I'm just going to go to the beach and not care about anything.
Speaker 2: But I guarantee you there are some small little things.
Speaker 1: That you can do that are going to be more in alignment, that are going to serve you on what you need right now. And guys, it's just you know, it's about taking responsibility. It's about taking your power back and you know, having a bit of discipline and going, well, I am going to get up, you know, ten minutes earlier to do a meditation because that is what I need to attract CAM and that is what I need to serve me. And also one other small thing I kind I kind of wanted to hone into wanted you guys to think about today, is we know gratitude is the highest vibe. And so if you're not feeling very good, if you're kind of feeling quite low, stressed, out, anxious, you know, all those sorts of feelings, is we can always feel a tiny bit better or a lot better by being grateful. And so today I want you to think of something in your life whereas years ago, you know you were going after that thing, you wanted to attract that thing. So, for example, for me, I just went on a beach walk and I just sat there in gratitude because I thought about all the times that me and Tim would have a failed month of trying to conceive and I would walk to the beach, have a little cry and journal and visualize about the time when I'm pregnant with our baby. And so I sat there this morning and I thought, I'm literally living, you know, a manifestation, a manifestation. Sorry, I'm literally living a manifestation. And I think we all know that quote where it's like, you know, for so long you wanted what you currently have, and I think it's so easy to keep looking forward. And don't get me wrong, you know I love creating goals and you know I love looking in the future. But today, can you think of something in your life that for so long you wanted and now you currently have. It could be as simple as, you know, finishing a unied degree or getting a certain job you want or a partner you want, or the house you want, or you know, even being in a better mental health range, or.
Speaker 2: You know, getting to.
Speaker 1: Workouts that you never used to get to, or you know, simple stuff like that. It doesn't have to be as big as mine of being pregnant, but just think. I guarantee you there's something you have in your life that you wanted for so long, and I want you to sit in that feeling like, how grateful that you are living your reality, that you were living your manifestation. It has happened. How grateful are you? And I want you to sit in that feeling because that my friend is going to raise your vibe already, and that's you know, it's all about getting on that energetic vibe of what we want. And I guarantee you what you want is high vibe. So I thought that little exercise could help. Thank you so much for listening, guys. I hope you enjoyed this episode and I will see my next one.
Speaker 2: Bye for now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening for another RNC episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about, and your craving community, please come and join us over at the RNC podcast community Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast Community on Facebook and I will be in there.
Speaker 2: To chat to you. Until next time at the Metal