Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 4: Hey this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for, And the bright side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club? You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there. Our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You got the time Wasters the day before. When Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Ciders to oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing you in there, and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Goome on in Rio, good morning, Come on in Pats morning, Good morning. The man who's screwed up his wife's fortieth over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Alex, thank you for bringing it up again more, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Every day this week Bonnie's asked me to be you never let him forget it for all of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'll be making up for the rest of my life. You will, You really will. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I drove past that pace yesterday evening and I chuckled to myself. Do you know what they should have plaques outside buildings? Yes, when some guy screwed up, there should be loads of them day fifteen to twenty, probably every Monday, something else being nailed up there for some guy to melt down there over a Weekend.
Speaker 1: The Day Dad Stuffed Up yep, well and truly and.
Speaker 2: Part of an ongoing series as well. Now Tuesday. The first half hour the show, we go around the team and we ask you guys listening as well, how was your Monday? How did you start the week? Are you a Monday winner or loser? Text me which way? Are you Monday winner or loserse seventy five three one oh four three, Patsy, how was your day?
Speaker 5: I'm afraid I'm a loser yesterday, or rather my husband is.
Speaker 6: We had our daughter had like a voice concert at school last night.
Speaker 5: They do like a showcase for the musical students.
Speaker 2: It's very exciting, interesting way to describe as a voice concert.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a voice concert, so all the singing students will get up and sing a song.
Speaker 2: It's that was known as a singing Yeah, I went to a voice concert of the weekend.
Speaker 5: It's the room stones they call the subject voice. That's what I say, voice concept.
Speaker 7: What did you sing? Billy?
Speaker 5: Of course A love or La da Ville or la la mayvie? Whatever this song? News?
Speaker 1: I already uh we touched you, but he made a note. But last whatever the song is.
Speaker 6: I hadn't heard it before, so it was lovely Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: He s evaporated quickness, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever it was, blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: Still singing. Anyway.
Speaker 6: My husband was working from home yesterday, so he was business up top. So I had the business shirt on and stuff, but had his slippers on because he's just working from home.
Speaker 1: I was that nervous about what was down below.
Speaker 6: Budgie smugglers, slacks on, trinywhere sock suspenders as well, his smart trousers hanging up.
Speaker 2: Gets up on one's around the house with a business shirt up top, and then party down below, party down below, great song.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we were halfway to school and he goes, oh no, and I thought, oh my god, what's happened?
Speaker 5: And we about to hit something. Look down at his feet.
Speaker 6: He's still got his moccasins on for the school concept.
Speaker 1: But you said business up top because not for school.
Speaker 6: So I had to do a quick U turn and dart back home and get his good going out shoes on, otherwise he would have turned up. To imagine Audrey's reaction if he'd come in to school with his slippers on.
Speaker 5: That would have been highly embarrassing.
Speaker 8: I thought he would be the sort of man who would easily go to a school concert with moccaso.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, shameless man, shameless when he's out, he's smart out horrified by that patch.
Speaker 6: Oh it's just I'm have to miss it. No, hurry up, we've got time.
Speaker 1: But I've seen and you I'm sure you back me up on this, pansy.
Speaker 2: I've seen lots of school events, some mums and mocks.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, sorry, no, no, no, there is no place even for trackies, I reckon, like, if you're going to an event, no, don't wear your track He's certainly not your slippers.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are can be disagreeing with you.
Speaker 1: Read the big room that is Australia.
Speaker 6: Oh no, come on, we've got a certain what about a nice pair of trackies, A really nice I've got a nice.
Speaker 7: Tracking tomorrow, I've had a nice periofile or something. They're just a bit more elevated than you know. They're not something like.
Speaker 5: Lemon or something.
Speaker 1: I do have a Lula limon, but that's a leisure what it's called.
Speaker 7: These are more of a like a formal, a formal.
Speaker 2: Yourself only in Australia because someone actually say ironically a formal tracksuit pants.
Speaker 8: Like I wouldn't wear it to a wedding, but I think I could wear it to a dinner.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm poised whether I'm a Monday winner or loser. Yester evening, I went out with an old boss of mine and he offered me a ticket to go and see England play at the World Cup. Never seen England play at the World Cup, any World Cup, and it's the Panama game. He's got a spare ticket for the England Panama game in New Jersey. Now it just so happens that we're on a break then. But here's the problem. I'm flying back to the UK to see my mom. I haven't seen my mom my dad in since last Easter last year. It's been a long time. So my whole mission for the two week break at the Inner Junes to go back to England see my mom and dad. However, I could delay it by day to go change my flights to go via New Jersey, go and see England Panama at the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Fly on from New York. It's a seven hour hop to.
Speaker 2: London, but it would mean delaying arriving and seeing my mom by a day. She's already organized a lunch for her, my sister and my dad to welcome me back on the Sunday, which you better move that to the Monday so I can just drop into the World Cup see England take on Panama.
Speaker 8: Rewind a week ago when you told your mom about you coming to England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, burst of che She was so happy.
Speaker 5: She nearly collapsed.
Speaker 1: She did pass Yeah, yep, yep on zoom.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just a day, It's only a hell long are you there for? Total?
Speaker 2: I'm literally I think I'd be in there for about fourteen hours. It literally would arrive, drop a bag off, go see the game, and then head back to the airport. I don't even know what that does to your body. With the time zone you do, it doesn't matter, you know, when you start making calculations and you think, but yeah, I start to im start to think, of course I should do this. You only get one life, and I'm thinking, hang on a minute, I'm not twenty. You've got to factor and what does that do those time zone? You got this crazy time zone?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 2: I going back in time, going to America, and I don't mean politically, we don't want to get to that, and then go to how mean time zones a my going through in England playing in the past.
Speaker 7: Oh this makes me so.
Speaker 2: I got home evening and my wife when you cannot do that, you have to I can't do it to your mum.
Speaker 5: And I went, I don't know, twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll understand if I asked my mum. Actually, my mom would not go go and do that. She'd be saying like, oh, no, we're looking forward to seeing you.
Speaker 8: She wouldn't she would understand the sort of magnitude of going to see your first World Cup game.
Speaker 2: In England Panama, Panama, got a ticket, spare tickets.
Speaker 1: I do it.
Speaker 5: Life's too short. And you know what, it's not like you're not skipping seeing your mum altogether. It's just delayed.
Speaker 2: It's only I've only got nine days with her, so it takes off a day because we've got that two week break and I've got to get back in time.
Speaker 8: What did they say about delayed gratification makes it moment even more special.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to have one less day and night with my mum, so I can go and see England probably loose, but could you make something probably lose, It isn't going to come home. Have you seen what England's formers like? Can World Cup? You are on paper should smash them, but there has been so many games.
Speaker 1: So I've sat there, going this would be a formality for England.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a cricket score and they're bloody rubbish at the World Cup at times.
Speaker 1: I've had my heart broken countless times.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is hard, genuinely quantity though with your mum, it's about it's quality time.
Speaker 5: It doesn't mean the numbering.
Speaker 2: Imagine then in ten twenty years from now, or is not living in the same country as you? Okay, yeah, And suddenly she said, mum and coming back and not wait to seem surprising you. You break down in tears a week later. Hey mum, I'm going to be coming back two days later so I can go and see the Matilda's play.
Speaker 5: You live out your dream.
Speaker 1: You don't have that in you.
Speaker 6: There's no way you go to fill your dreads.
Speaker 1: You can't go Christian now, how do you put it like that? Don't care?
Speaker 4: Christian Connor Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Real, Are you a win Monday winner or loser?
Speaker 7: I am a Monday winner.
Speaker 8: I'm in a constant battle to try and get with my next door honors, which is our neighbor who's anna.
Speaker 1: Can't get with her truck.
Speaker 7: Came out, get into her good.
Speaker 2: Books, right, okay? And then what happens? You're in the good books and wants to pay out here.
Speaker 8: Well, maybe she brings up like delicious pisada and pasta, maybe some of her oranges I've.
Speaker 1: Noticed, So you become like an adopted son.
Speaker 7: That is my dream, right, and it's getting there. It's getting there.
Speaker 2: So me and my oil love a surrogate nono mum, oh yeah, exactly. There should be only fans, but a decent one only mean finish. It's only knowledge. It's basically twenty four to seven on a stream hot non her actions. By that, I mean in the kitchen, making that rago, stirring some kind of lamb dish.
Speaker 7: James Packer, invest in that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we're definitely making some ground because she started calling us her nice boys.
Speaker 7: She goes, oh nice boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, that's so sweet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if she thinks, if she knows that we're a couple. I think she maybe she thinks.
Speaker 1: Of studs. Sort those chicks out. Actually haven't seen them bring any bad no meatballs for you lads.
Speaker 7: So she asked me to pop over yesterday and help her.
Speaker 8: She's got this really like you know, the old school trampolines, like no netting or anything.
Speaker 1: Like why do you take a video cameraund so no a trampoline.
Speaker 11: That's our first series and only nons. She got someone from Facebook micro places to see some non as follocking on a trampoline backlips.
Speaker 1: She got someone.
Speaker 7: I think she just had.
Speaker 8: She's been she's been in that house since nineteen seventy five, so that she's got grand kids. They all come over. This guy comes over. It's him, his wife and his two kids. Kids are maybe I don't know, ten twelve. We put the trampoline on top of his car, just a normal size car. Then they'll hop in the car and I go, oh, do you want me to help you?
Speaker 7: Like tie it down, like have you.
Speaker 8: Got ropes or the or dismantle it with all This man's what's like one of those big one piece the old school ones, like the clickery clack of the thing.
Speaker 7: The pulleys that you do. He goes, no, no, no, she'll be right, should be right.
Speaker 1: Not a trampoline. How's it takes it down?
Speaker 8: That's exactly what I was asking. And then I said, oh, you just live around the corner. And he goes, he actually lives out where Patsy lives. She's forty five minutes drive for me with a trampoline.
Speaker 1: Alone. Shape.
Speaker 7: He goes, she'll be right, and then he's just no, no, she won't be right.
Speaker 8: She will not be I've never been more sure that she will not be right. Then I just see they start to roll away too. Hands at the top, two adult hands.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not the old reach, just clamping it on.
Speaker 8: And then two little kid hands.
Speaker 12: Swear to God, and they just drive off.
Speaker 1: She's windy and at the moment.
Speaker 8: And they just got their little kid, the tiny little hands gripping this old, rusty trampling.
Speaker 7: Right now, it's probably on the.
Speaker 1: I was that kid once. I could have headed towards that rat ship.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to do with that situation.
Speaker 8: Like well, well, I said, I think you really need a time there were he was very insistent, very ausy, like I should like I was some idiot like I was some knark being like so using.
Speaker 2: Only four hands, two which are kiddy hands, clamping it up on top to.
Speaker 7: The room, just gripping it over there.
Speaker 2: There's no way, there's no way. Tramplges are heavy things.
Speaker 7: Yes, it took a lot to get it on.
Speaker 1: I don't they drove off like that.
Speaker 7: They just drove. I don't know if they got there. I don't know how this story ends.
Speaker 1: But they d trampoline in the garden right now.
Speaker 8: Or they just drove incredibly slowly across like the bridge and the freeway.
Speaker 2: I don't know how slow. Speaking of oj pursuit the trampoline, what kind of cars did they have?
Speaker 7: It was kind of just like a hatchbag, not a hatchback. What's it called a wagon STV?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not legal.
Speaker 7: No, no, I don't think so. But I'm not a policeman.
Speaker 1: But you member the public, you could have just said no, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Year you should have done a citizens arrest and use that trampoline as a makeshift prison.
Speaker 1: I just I've always dreamt of doing his citis arrest. Like what do you do? What's the law? How long do you say something?
Speaker 7: Yeah? How long can you hold them down?
Speaker 1: And also how do you call when it's time to do one? Yes? Yeah, yeah, he's going to.
Speaker 2: Put a trampoline in trouble of the car. No, no, that you can't go resting people for that. I mean, it's not the chit. It's dangerous, but you can't arrest them for that for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah much.
Speaker 7: I don't know where the citizen the rest line start?
Speaker 1: Can anyone?
Speaker 4: Advisers Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: Today we're doing It's the time and the time Waster for grabs for the best and shown for the next five minutes, we've got a goal class double passed. You can go and see the best movie we've seen so far this year. We all love Project Hell. Mary cannot recommend that enough. And Patsy loved Billie Eilish in three DS so much she saw it with a daughter twice over the weekend. There's loads of great stuff to see at the moment. We are looking for a part two on your messy movies. There were so many yesterday. I have to say yesterday they were quite childish.
Speaker 7: They were they were.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of brown adjacent which.
Speaker 7: We it's not necessarily we didn't lead them.
Speaker 1: There, didn't need them. There is where they were playing yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was a Monday thing, but anyway, we see hopefully some smart material. That's what we're looking for this morning for your messy movies. The best ones we had yesterday We live in a Zoo, Crumbs of anarchy, filthy club, Nappy Gilmour, Sloppenheimer, and the winner was order is who Sloppinheimer is Fuddy thirty. All right, extra time in your messy movies? Text me seven five three one O four three. I've got tango and trash, silver ghost dusters, Oh God, diarrhea of a wimpy kid.
Speaker 1: That's messy. That's a smart reference.
Speaker 2: Diarrhea diarye very clever wordplate. Always need my example, Will Ferrell's got a slot problem, mold School and Devil wears tracky dacks. One of my first Aussie slang words when I moved here eight years ago was trackydacks.
Speaker 7: It's a goody.
Speaker 1: It's a great one.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's a goatd one. Trackydacks trackydx is a great Ossie slang.
Speaker 1: All right, rio, what have you got?
Speaker 8: Messy movies, Scruffy the Vampire Slayer, it's your color.
Speaker 2: I didn't need that bit silver for the reference, brownze for the performance.
Speaker 8: I now pronounce you muckin Larry, mucking Larry silver and crumb Dog millionaire.
Speaker 1: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 4: God, Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: Extra time and a time waster for your messy movies. And I contending now we thought the ones yesterday were childish.
Speaker 1: Exactly the same. This is what they want.
Speaker 2: We are by public service, all right, messy movies, Mary.
Speaker 1: Pooping, what do you say? That's hilarious, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Mary poop is very good to come up with that at six forty seven am. Come on, Anthony Patterson, take a bow slop gun silver, Uncle Buck, unkept Buck.
Speaker 1: That's a smart one.
Speaker 7: He is a smart one.
Speaker 2: God, I don't crust the teacher with those smarts. You can see why you're top of the glass. The vominator silver Dumpster's eleven silver class poopy poopy bang bang, Come on, Jenny, dirty rotten scourers, go clever.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Men who bathed with goats hmm, Bronze doesn't make sense, Jordan, how to trash your dragon?
Speaker 1: Silver flushing Nemo. That's not messy, that's just cruel.
Speaker 12: Are you getting rid of the mess like, no, no, no, they're not making a mess.
Speaker 7: Bronze.
Speaker 1: There was a terrible Tom Cruise movie called Far and Away. The worst thing about it was his Irish accent.
Speaker 2: It's the worst one Hollywood's ever done with Nicle Kibbon. Yes, that's right, yeah, fart on a spray, Bronze.
Speaker 1: Come on, why is everyone laughing?
Speaker 2: If you go, you're sending you're laughing and they go, come on, two wolves inside me?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, which what are you going to feed? Uncle Mark Silver?
Speaker 2: There will be mud silver spill, bill O Gold, very good, Rumnado gold, that's very good.
Speaker 1: Where's my sham? Wow silver? Jennifer. I liked it.
Speaker 2: Earl Harbor Cold skid Marks on a plane Bronz and the Shark Knight Bronz.
Speaker 1: All right, who is today's kind of winner?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: The wolf I'm listening to is Mary Pupins.
Speaker 1: Gave them hypocrites on the show.
Speaker 2: Definitely, it's the winner with Mary Prupen's a All right now. I was saying ten minutes ago, how I think one of my favorite OZ slang words is tracky dacks, okay, Adams, and maybe we should do like an at z of oz slang love tea obviously for TRACKI dacks and just so I'm I'm writing my spelling of it, t are a double ky Well, I would have gone on the ear phonetically it's sounds like it's trackys as in two k's, but you're saying.
Speaker 7: C K y Yeah, I mean they're the same.
Speaker 1: And then the dax what about that d A K d A K s there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely I would have gone d A c K the crowd d A K s Okay, Hey.
Speaker 2: The producers got their hands up, what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Chuckle? Sisters foot both k K y k s.
Speaker 7: What do you got against track like tracksuit pants is tracky?
Speaker 1: But then the dacks doesn't sound like track is dax?
Speaker 7: It very short?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it tracky das d A K s Yes, tracky dacks.
Speaker 1: No hands up in there? What's up?
Speaker 7: Still?
Speaker 4: Quack?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: What about sacks? The reason why I didn't win?
Speaker 1: Anything? Can debate them.
Speaker 2: I proved the opposing team's points, all right?
Speaker 1: So what else the eight has said of our slang?
Speaker 2: At the moment, you kin't of even agree on one entry Trackie Ducks.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Half an hour ago was saying that when I first moved to Australia, oh two weeks time, eight years ago, that eighties has gone so quickly. One of my first Australian slang terms and it was tracki dacksky makes sense, you understand it. It's actually pleasing to say, you get it. It's better than the same tracksuit pants. Yes, trackydacks that Australian way of just less effort in speaking and doesn't.
Speaker 7: Have a nice lot of sound to a Trackie dacket a lovely rhythm.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I said today, maybe this is the thing we do on the show now, an occasional thing. We have our aight z of oz slang Australian slang t our. First ever entry feels right, that is trackydacks. However, we can't quite agree on how to spell it us within the show and you listen as well, Lisa is saying, is spelling it wrong?
Speaker 1: The dax is d a.
Speaker 7: X or No?
Speaker 1: No, why would you horrible? I hate that? Sorry, Lisa, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I know you're a long time listener as well, longtime listener, first time falling out, Lisa, But no, there's no one is saying d.
Speaker 8: A X S, and especially if you've got the X, you definitely don't need the s no x's.
Speaker 2: So at the moment I'm default into the Oxford English Dictionary, the Global Reference for etymology.
Speaker 4: Trackie das TRACKI das trackie dacs.
Speaker 2: Now they're spelling over os is in first word track t r A c k I E.
Speaker 1: Second part dax d A k S. Do you know what we should do.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow on the shows? He spelling b yes? Has Gala got one L or two ls?
Speaker 1: Tell me this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to play that. I'll be quiz master Gala Gala? Are you flaming Ghala? It's not quite the same burn, is it? So let's put TRACKI dacks in so our spelling of.
Speaker 7: It is why and the cake?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Patsy, what have you got then for our ads of Australian slang, I've.
Speaker 5: Got an f F Your reo Flanny.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you had then a little bit rough then as any other day speak to like that on air.
Speaker 1: Always pretend that we get on, well.
Speaker 6: Guys, Flanny for flannel it shirt, Yes, flanny or flannel.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's some regional thing. Maybe it's a victorious New South.
Speaker 5: Wales maybe maybe, So what would.
Speaker 1: You call it? Pats Flanny down with Pats actually here.
Speaker 8: On funny is very close to fanny.
Speaker 1: As well, so yes, no, no, no, no, it's flanny.
Speaker 5: It's flanny double n one. Whack it up there on.
Speaker 1: Which is right? Two against two?
Speaker 5: Here you got Chrastina.
Speaker 1: She studied journalism.
Speaker 2: She didn't pass it, but she studied its funny.
Speaker 5: I've got another one.
Speaker 6: You've got to put mockys up there, as in moccasins.
Speaker 2: A bogan No, no trackidacs yes, m for mockys No absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Ria, what do you think should go up there?
Speaker 7: I love having a squize one of my.
Speaker 2: Squiz have a squize at this lovely almost a poetry to it as well.
Speaker 1: Squeeze, it's a lovely would.
Speaker 7: You expel that s q you Isaip?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right, yeah, yeah, there's no ee on that having a squize, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 5: Right there having a squeeze.
Speaker 2: Yes, squeeze, Alex, what do you thinks you go on out of Australian saying you must have some good one.
Speaker 13: He's got to be Durries or Dunny.
Speaker 1: What's more bogan out of that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Durries is more bogus. There's quite a few d on was darts as well for cigarettes?
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, yeah, Also like rip snorter or ripper.
Speaker 1: That's absolute ripper, mate, that's ripper. I love Ripper. Yeah, put that one in. Rip Snorter is also great as well. Yeah yeah. And what else have we got here?
Speaker 13: W Wally or you know, I'm going to say that.
Speaker 7: You can you use Wally in a center.
Speaker 1: In context? What about g goombag?
Speaker 2: It definitely has it's it's to me, it's it's iconically Australian. It doesn't that phrase would make no sense to anyone who isn't Australia. Yeah, and then who it doesn't even sound like someone to have booze in Why would booze be.
Speaker 1: In a bag?
Speaker 7: That's an Australian invention.
Speaker 1: And the world has gone no, thank you.
Speaker 2: If there was a global Shark tank, a lot of what you're pimping out here, the world's gone no thank you. Hey, what about AFL We've told you no, hey, India are you which is not really either over old mate? You got to have old mate, I would say that's put my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It can be used affectionately as a and also as a mild term of abuse old mate. Hey, haven't word with old mate. It's time for him to go home. It's such a great phrase.
Speaker 4: That Christian Connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show, Christian, can you please let Alex know that Michael Voss has just resigned from coaching?
Speaker 1: Come on, mate, can you just have.
Speaker 2: A squizz at the old sports bulletins there?
Speaker 13: I was just to be able to say minutes ago, Massive Afield news guys, Michael Voss the coach of the Carlton Football Club, Big big, big afil club for those in our Northern States, the equal bottom of the ladder.
Speaker 1: They've had just one win this season. He's been under so much pressure. This poor man snap Now, well that's a good pint. Now he got his TRACKI dacs on.
Speaker 2: He gets in the car today and he's going to know what, screw it, I'm not doing it choose day morning.
Speaker 1: He's just crack crack the.
Speaker 2: Shits, he said his blues tracking.
Speaker 1: Acts at the back'smat of the darry.
Speaker 2: He's had a squizite there who were playing this week case sod that. No, Yeah, moss out, moss out.
Speaker 1: This is huge.
Speaker 13: So and the hanadly of the Elijah Holland saga as well his mental health episode some weeks ago where he's kept on the field for three quarters or more.
Speaker 1: Awful, awful everyone at the job. Yeah, and so I think the pressure just must have got too much of him. So yeah.
Speaker 13: Channel seven reporter sports reporter Tom Morris reporting that news earlier this morning.
Speaker 1: That'll be on the agenda, citisenda. I'll probably get him on the show.
Speaker 2: All right, So signs signs you an adult? We're doing now, then what are the signs you're an adult?
Speaker 1: You can text me?
Speaker 2: Oh four seven five three one oh four three. This comes from Rachel McLean. Christian finally swept and mopped the floors. Now I'm getting old when I say that. Recently I've dropped to day off work. Now have time to do my floors on a Monday off. Love love walking on my tile with no shoes, so clean and smooth under my feet before the family and pats make the mess. I get it. Rachel heard me last week so much. I love getting my mop on and pino clean and that death all half a bottle.
Speaker 6: My lord, it stinks like a surgery.
Speaker 1: It is. Actually it's more like a more ghost. It's too harsh.
Speaker 13: But that.
Speaker 2: Burn when it burning the nostrils, it's also cleansing the nasal hairs as well.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what are the signs you're an adult?
Speaker 3: Got my geek on yesterday?
Speaker 14: There is this column I got my geek on yesterday, and I did my geek gua k my geek geek and did my annual chick of my insurance.
Speaker 1: Her passion of a geek doesn't speak like that.
Speaker 2: He can hear, he can't see, he can't see me, he can hear.
Speaker 6: No, I do like a little audit every year of insurances to check that you know we're covering enough and are we paying too much?
Speaker 5: And our premiums look good.
Speaker 6: But a funny thing happened because I was on the website of one of our insurers and I needed to ring.
Speaker 2: Some of the Chris ayer. I'm not I'd sleep with one eye open right now, mate. I just had to have something up to life assurance, and I was looking at the sums my wife gets. She makes more money if I'm half dead, so she must be meeting up with the girls seeing that we can't kill him, but it's near death. It's near to death, like you can't ah. One of the things was what they get a big power if I can't take a message on the phone. There's like five things I'm not good at that now I'm not. I'm only just one more away from me technically half dead, the corner dead.
Speaker 6: I had to click on one of the insurers you know on the website, give us a call, just click on it. Only they've obviously put the wrong number up there because it went through to a funeral director's.
Speaker 2: I guess, actually, if it's like you're probably putting in your stats and they're like, technically you dead.
Speaker 6: Got straight to the chase and I thought, oh no, there must be a mistake, so I wrung it again and no, I went straight through to So you.
Speaker 1: Can't be making crank.
Speaker 2: Course the funeral they're going to know it's you Jones again on a Monday.
Speaker 1: She does. All this is that she's pretendingly that geek character Alex will see if you what's society' getting that you're around adult?
Speaker 13: Well, you pull muscles doing those you know, banal things. I pulled a muscle in my left butt cheek pulled putting away the slow cooker, the left glute left, the bottom of the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Look of the heavy.
Speaker 2: They are heavy, heavy, it's about ten kilo.
Speaker 1: And then that's slightly awkward. That oval shave is quiet. It's got no handles.
Speaker 2: They just got that lip the edge, this little sting. Some handles, will you slow cooker makers?
Speaker 1: Otherwise you caused twinges and budgets Like I.
Speaker 4: Had Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I have a listened to this.
Speaker 2: This is how our Patsy thinks geeks sound.
Speaker 3: Got my gaeke on yesterday.
Speaker 1: No geekers ever.
Speaker 2: So it's part cold and part old person, kind of Bob Dylan, but there's nothing geeky about it.
Speaker 3: I got my gaeke on yesterday.
Speaker 1: She is a little bit wheezy today. You're on the dance last night was yeah, come on? Why so we you never normally this wheezyzy school? Get out of it? You know, I know you vake you do when the news. She's at the back. She loves that cherry one.
Speaker 2: It's a cherry. If you're just breathe in the left speaker, that's Patsy speaker. You can cherry vaicon yesterday.
Speaker 1: Christian signs you an adult.
Speaker 2: I've started moisturizing my elbows and knees.
Speaker 1: Oh, I em can't be having dry elbows and knees.
Speaker 2: I love that one you start using shot glasses as a boiled egg holder. Um, no, Christian, you signed you an adult when the never ending story is now the washing and not a beloved children's movie. Uh luitha in in Sydney, Christian, I.
Speaker 1: Know an I don't know.
Speaker 2: Recently did some research and purchased a brag better close air dry that extends.
Speaker 1: Oh we got one of those.
Speaker 2: It is my wife was going christ becaus, I actually think this is the best close era we've ever had. When please, can we keep some mistike in a relagion? Please, it's not this is like twenty twenty five years ahead of us. We don't don't. It's not given right now. Raving about an extendable, solid, sturdy era and closed dryer, I think it must be the same one, Luisa.
Speaker 1: She's very very excited about it.
Speaker 8: Pats, he actually recommended the one we bought that co one a frame. It is an a frame, yeah you and patting you the exact price. She goes, oh, that's one from k Mark. That's our thirty and the skew.
Speaker 5: Number is six to no.
Speaker 6: I really stepped it up last year at Aldi and it's coming up I think this week or next week in special bars with a heated step to close horse like you plug it in and it actually hates Oh my god, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like someone got my geek on yesterday. On you, Christian. And when you can enjoy a couple of scoops of ice cream without feeling it, you start up into a thick shake Christian rummaging around in your purse or back to find the right money because you don't want to break a fifty dollars note. Even that phrase breaker note is an old phrase? Is breaking a note? You say to a TikTok and our teenager, do you're not breaking a notice?
Speaker 1: They have no idea but breaking a note? Can you break this for me? As yourn adult?
Speaker 2: When you're driving around, you have to turn the radio down to concentrate with a street sign or turn into a driveway. I have to have complete I don't know why. I think it's a guy thing. I don't think women need to do that.
Speaker 7: Because we can't multitask.
Speaker 1: No, we really can't. That radio is going to be turned completely off. You're right, just to do a U turn.
Speaker 2: Christian, what about you suddenly have fish oil tablets? Yes this morning, yet in the morning having my Omega three tablets.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sheer be right Transporting big Things. Rio saw an amazing scene yesterday. He's in a complicated relationship with the none other that lives next door. Very true, it is, it's complicated. It's your missus Robinson, none Robinson. The graduates like that. I hope she doesn't listen. She sounds a lovely lady.
Speaker 7: She's beautiful.
Speaker 12: Wow, she's looking. You've got a mother thing, have you well, she's a grandmom. Oh wow, that's hot.
Speaker 8: No, i've been she's our like direct next door neighbor, and we've been trying to sort of not woo her, but we want to get in her good We want to get in her good grades.
Speaker 1: Get food to get left over. He had to get me by students.
Speaker 7: Don't you don't you like wouldn't you love to have? And she in my head she passes us food over the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I want to live in that world exactly.
Speaker 7: Yes, we're working towards that. We're getting there. She calls us her nice boys every time we go over.
Speaker 1: She's I bet you're good neighbors as well.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 8: I think we we we have a good relationship. And she asked if I could jump over and help her. She's getting rid of this old trampoline she must have had since I don't know, the seventies eighties.
Speaker 2: One of those royal old rusty spring ones with like tetnus on the spring.
Speaker 7: Yes, on that, just like a complete.
Speaker 1: Virus been there since seventy five.
Speaker 8: Would have broken about six kids arms on that definitely. And it's time and some guys coming with his family to grab the trampoline off facebook marketplace take it back to theirs. So I go over. His family pulls up. They're in a sedan, I guess you call it. Husband, wife, two little kids, maybe ten to eleven. I help them put the trampoline on top of the car.
Speaker 2: So just so we were all imagine this, it's upside down, So the legs are in the air.
Speaker 8: Correct, Yeah, upside down, legs are in the air. And then they all jump in the car and I go, oh, hey, do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna help you with the ropes, bungee cords or anything to start strapping her down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you got that side. I'll go this side.
Speaker 2: Boop it through, loop it through, go again, go again, keep looping, and he kind of waves me off like an idiot.
Speaker 8: He goes like a chilly right mate like and goes to get in the car. I go, hey, what are you guys just driving around the corner like he just literally down the street and he has oh no, no no, And he lives actually forty five minutes away out where Patsy lives.
Speaker 7: And this is across bridges.
Speaker 8: And large LAS free ways passally freeways, and so then I'm sort of like, maybe I'm not really taking the whole situation in.
Speaker 7: They start to drive off.
Speaker 2: With an unshae killed trampoline on the young kids hats.
Speaker 1: So then I see.
Speaker 8: These two hands pop out the front, two adult hands.
Speaker 1: Not even the.
Speaker 2: Rock right could hold down a trampoline. And you start going to seventy or eighty K, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: There's no ways like a missile.
Speaker 1: Yes, something's coming off and going into somebody.
Speaker 7: They also had the hands of the two little kids.
Speaker 2: Anyone who has had the strongest devices known, aren't they a child's bicep.
Speaker 7: Surely yanking their shoulder out as.
Speaker 1: Well, selling their phone ping someone snapchatting them. They let and go for sure, the dad yelling hold it.
Speaker 2: Down from many another forty two minutes to go.
Speaker 1: Maybe traffic lights should stop up. The thing's going to go forward, isn't it. And then.
Speaker 8: If I had my time over, I would have been like, hey, you really, you really shouldn't. But he had seniority, that he was older, he had, he had a beard, seniority.
Speaker 7: I don't feel like.
Speaker 2: There was an accident. Oh he had seniority. He had say he had a beard. Wow, oh someone elect that man.
Speaker 7: So they they drove off.
Speaker 1: I don't know a mystery did they make it?
Speaker 2: If anyone's driving to work today and you see a trampoline by the Solar road or in a river, that's the trampoline. That's the non a trampoline, all right, So they have you got a story like this, Maybe it's something you've seen. I guess it's transporting large things, isn't it. I remember when we moved here and we're getting a lot of stuff off marketplace. My wife was so as every day it was, can you can you go and drive to this unknown suburb, go and pick up this house, and want you to say, listen, it's only a five minute easy for you to walk there and carry back a solid wooden dining table.
Speaker 1: The guy, the guy is waiting for you. This guy i'd met a couple of times. He was x sas.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: I always felt very very intimidated around him because actually, but he was Special Forces. And she said he's gonna he's gonna be waiting there and carry it with you. I'm like, oh my god, I no why I'm going to be strong as him. His hands are not for carrying wooden tables. They're for handling CDs and stuff like that and faders. Anyways, sure enough, my wife goes, nothing is ever five minutes away?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: It's a lie.
Speaker 2: It was a fifteen minute walk with a solemn wooden table, and I don't know. He did not look like he needed to keep pausing. I I must have a bad grip.
Speaker 7: I've got the slipper.
Speaker 2: I must have said five times, think I've got the bad, Think I've got the bad. He just had a thousand yard stare. He was in some war zone. Somewhere else. I actually thought he's going to put it on his back at one point, just jogg it over or something. He had no it was crunching at me at one point. It was the hardest thing of my life. It took for ages, sweaty. He didn't break a sweat. I was like sweating and your hands getting He must have the good end or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wearing gloves you chalk on or something.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Moving very large objects. What's your story? Rio took part in a crime yesterday. I'm willing Actually that's the true story here. All it took for you to be persuaded was a bearded man's.
Speaker 7: True story of my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, the trampoline story.
Speaker 2: Christian likely to be Kiwi's half of New Zealand transports large items on the roof of their car.
Speaker 1: That is a great just it's so true. You're right. How did they pronounce trampoline? Was it linked?
Speaker 7: I weren't kews. But it's good to have a new stereotype.
Speaker 2: We were going to say we were going to do a phone shouldn't we Things that should come back stereotyped.
Speaker 1: Jess, this is a great one from Jess.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your stories of moving very large objects.
Speaker 1: Christie, not my name, that is Christy. I've heard Chris before, Chris, so I've had but Christy and just that it's not time. It's i E.
Speaker 7: That's deliver.
Speaker 1: It's a lady's name.
Speaker 2: My husband decided he'd be able to lift the big mongk table onto our trainer by himself. It resulted big mon table falling on top of him and cracking two rips.
Speaker 1: Wow, we.
Speaker 2: All right, James is on the line. Now it's got a great story. Good morning, James.
Speaker 15: Hey Christian. Now again mate, I'm good.
Speaker 2: To welcome to the show, James. So what is your story about moving a very large object?
Speaker 15: I was at work one day and there was some plumbers out of the back fixings and plumbing, and they had to remove a palm tree because the roots were intrusive. And they were like, oh, I'm going to get rid of this flaming seeing someone like that's right, I'll take that. I got a new hoss, I'll plant it in the garden. So I strapped it on the top of my uth. This thing was twelve meters long.
Speaker 1: They weigh a ton.
Speaker 15: Literally about two hundred kilos. Yeah, took four blokes, four blokes to load it onto the uth A Sair forward strap. The root Paul was in the windscreen in front of me and the palm fronds were dragging on the on the road behind me.
Speaker 1: Basically that that palm tree. Your cars like auld roller skate for it totally.
Speaker 15: So I drove all the way to town. It's about a twenty minute drive. I took the back rode. At one stage there was even a cop behind me and I'm going, come on.
Speaker 1: Probably giving you a double thumbs up. Legend, legend.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he loved it, he loved it. I get it home and my wife's like, oh look what I today as you head to Magave cuttings and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Come, that's not a tree. This is a tree.
Speaker 13: A tree.
Speaker 2: James, brilliant story. Thanks to calling the show. Have a good day, Cat, Good morning, Cat, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good Cat. So what's your story about moving a large object?
Speaker 10: Well, I was driving along a road here at Richmond in Sydney, and then I can see what looked like something wave out the one that the passenger side windows sort of being out the back and I drove closer. I'm like, it's really, what's what's in the back seat of that sedan? It was a pony. So yeah, that was the horse's tail going out the back and then all of a sudden you'd see the face of the horse going out the arm window. Yeah yeah, yeah, so like you know, driver's seat, you got behind the front seat, you know where you put your feet when you sit down. It was obviously standing on the floor and the windows were open at both ends, and it would sort of like stick its head out every.
Speaker 2: Once in a while and head out one window and then the other one. That's ass was sticking up.
Speaker 1: The bat with his tail.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that was That was an interesting way to transport a horse. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How the hell do you get a pony into.
Speaker 7: A cart.
Speaker 10: And they come.
Speaker 1: Cat? Great story, Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: No worries, Thank you bye.
Speaker 4: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This morning on the show, we've been taking your stories, brilliant stories today. Thank you very much of moving very large things. Because I was driving on one morning I saw something strapped to a very expensive Audi suv. It was a king sized mattress that old mate must have brought cheap from Facebook, Marketplace or something. No sooner do we pass, old mate? Does the entire roof rack assembly, mattress still strapped to it, ripped from the vehicle by the window. Christians selling the bar. This is some story. My ex husband built a huge bar, took him forever, took up a half dollar garage and needed the space back and the cash.
Speaker 1: So I sold his bar to a neighbor up the road.
Speaker 2: I got my boys and their boys mates with skateboards so they could move it up the road. We put the bar on nine skateboards and wield it to the neighbour's backyard. What an incredible scene.
Speaker 1: A mobile bar genius.
Speaker 2: I got the cash and my garage back and a pretty peed off. Now, ex husband, what came for us? Keep this coming? We do it part two tomorrow. If you've got any more stories about moving large objects, we love them. We've gone back to this tomorrow. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU.
Speaker 1: Time wasted today? Oh my word, what you're sitting down in your track? He'd acts for the budget. Wows get your popcorn? Who needs project hell Mary?
Speaker 2: No disuspect to the Prime Minister, but he wanted to come onto the show this week and have a good half out chat about the budget No, thank you, No one wants to hear that.
Speaker 7: On skateboards. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All Right, I forgot today for the best in show for your budget bands.
Speaker 1: Time waste of those budget bands.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and fifty dollars Sole Origin, Voucher, sol Og and Tiger Mun's taste it so crunchy, it raws.
Speaker 1: Try it. That's Sole Origin all right, budget bands? Who's on stage at budget Fest?
Speaker 2: Tell me Johnny cash in hand, Debt Leopard.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're stony broke guys were old Debt Leopard? Oh ass? Oh they owe money? Oh yeah, they owe the tax amoun a lot of money from that big tour.
Speaker 2: Tony who's uh raking it in Country and Western singer dollar parton film, Cost of Living.
Speaker 7: End that's good.
Speaker 2: Gold and the bgsts bst yes, yes, Getting your geek.
Speaker 1: On a minute? How does a geek sound go on to patch?
Speaker 3: Got my geek on yesterday?
Speaker 1: Alright, real, what have you got budget bands?
Speaker 7: The Tighty Tighty boss Tones?
Speaker 1: Oh very good? Gold fifty cent also gold nine inch sales.
Speaker 8: I love a yellow sticker at Cole's Bronz and the Scrooge Brothers. Like evone's a Scrooge. What's the band from the Blues Brothers?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a movie as well.
Speaker 2: We're in a fictional bands. That's kind of marking you. All right, what have you got? Ria has some cutbacks on the comedy there.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: Get Ready for a bump tradition of the time waste, so they can barely keep up with the ones that are pouring in.
Speaker 1: Who knew you'd love to chuckle out of the budget.
Speaker 2: I think it's a cathartic release, isn't it Trying to have some kind of light about tonight's.
Speaker 1: Budget with crazy Jimmy Charmers in the house.
Speaker 2: All right, budget banned you ready tomorrow we begin with the Jimmy Charmers.
Speaker 1: What about Jim Charmers class heroes, the Jim.
Speaker 2: Class heroes, Hookie jar Yes, yes, Shanet incredible skills and reference there.
Speaker 1: Jim Chalmers class heroes is gold. Meghan Trader, she's selling a few things very good too. God, these are very good today. Justin Timu Lake.
Speaker 2: Silver's James rain it in ram On, guys, come on, Australia, Rain.
Speaker 1: It in Gold, Johnny cash Flow Silver rom Gold, Sarah.
Speaker 2: Well done, Mortgage against the Machine Silver you two for one, A brilliant.
Speaker 1: Gold set off a Van fed off, a Van Hayden. I love that. It's an old timey phrase, isn't it cut off the back of a hand? Tony Taxton Silver plus old Alice Cooper. He's not as rich he used to be. No, No, he's Alice Coupon.
Speaker 2: This is so good God Tennail, well done, Mom for and Sons Investing Crypto Bronze fifty cent off Silver, the tax and five Silver plus not a C D C kpmg over the countance that.
Speaker 1: What it done?
Speaker 2: Yes, Silver Plush, well done, Powder fits.
Speaker 1: School Silver plus a lot Glenn well done. We love Text Perkins cool guy tax.
Speaker 2: Perkins not as cool Silver plus Budget Marley Fi don't worry about the thing, Guys Hunters and Debt Collectors Silver, Simon and Garfrugal Gold Mitchell, well done. Jimmy Charmers, We're back.
Speaker 1: To Gimmy.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Charmers Worlds. Richard Holst, well done. This isn't these are so funny? This was some Corey Steven Wonder who's getting screwed over tonight?
Speaker 1: Stevie wonders, who's getting screwed over tonight? We all are no loop.
Speaker 2: Lie it by the tea Idol actually silver, frugal shop.
Speaker 1: Silver, pretty cheap trick Ooh that's nasty. Adam mccount hand silver plus up shop Boys, Oh that's very good? Was that Laura reject shop Boys silver? Bargain Basement Jack's silver plus dime Straits silver.
Speaker 2: And finally Crosby Steeles, Ernst and Young, Oh my god, another account Ernstein Young Reference And Jimmy Charmers. We should only refer to him now in news now as well as Jimmy Chalmers or Jimbo. You will, all right, hard to pick a winner. There were so many great ones. Who's getting those tiger buns?
Speaker 7: Eh, jim Charmers class your own?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not a Jimmy Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: The Kemnist ware House Mayhem sale is on now, Stop up and save and shop half priced cosmetics and vitamins at Kennist ware House shopping Store online today