Speaker 1: A small show, the smallsy show. Hi, what's up? This is a lot of cons it is to be a book. You're listening to Smallsey now.
Speaker 2: On kiss Hey on the show. Leave. Welcome to Australia, Welcome back to Australia.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I had the pleasure of seeing you in December in New York. For people who haven't seen you before, they are in for a treat on this tour.
Speaker 1: It's so fun. I'm really really been enjoying taking this tour around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you enjoyed your time? Not your first time in OZ, but I did see you have been meeting the locals on your Instagram.
Speaker 1: I have been meeting all the pythons and the Quakers. Yeah you saw a quaker, right, I saw many Quakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was wonderful.
Speaker 2: I've never actually seen one. So what was that like?
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. I feel like it was one of those things where it felt like being in a Disney movie or something where they were just animals running around people and it was it was so cute.
Speaker 2: For people who don't know you do. You have an incredible story, an incredibly huge fan base. What is the lave aised story?
Speaker 1: The love story well, I'm from Iceland, yes, and I have Chinese as well, and I make music that's a blend of jazz music, classical music, barson nova pop music. Yeah, very reminiscent of the past. But I like telling stories.
Speaker 2: I love that. And then in the process, you have a massed and incredible fan base.
Speaker 1: The nicest people in the world.
Speaker 2: Aren't they. As I said, I saw you in December and there was a girl next to me and she when you came on, it was like something took over her. She was so excited.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. Yeah, it was. I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful community of people who are quite like minded. I always say I became the musician that I was missing when I was growing up. So I feel like I've grown a community that's very similar to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that because like, yeah, I like that that you became the musician that you were looking for when you were growing up.
Speaker 1: Well, I grew up playing cello, piano, classical music, singing jazz standards, but I was ultimately a very moderate girl and I wanted somebody to listen to and found over and get to go to concerts too. And I also didn't want it to be something that felt, you know, old fashioned or old in anyway.
Speaker 2: Which is what it is so beautiful about your music is you have managed to craft it in a way. And as I said to you, she must have been maybe sixteen, and I was, and I was like, you are, like, like, well crazy into It was great to say, I can't wait to see the show tonight and watch the fans go crazy. Do you do you get recognized in the street or are you going to account? Yeah? Oh, can you be a little bit incognito when you're off visiting the Quakers and stuff?
Speaker 1: I well, it definitely depends where I am, and it definitely depends on how I'm dressed. When I'm with my twin sister. I think it's really obvious because there's two of us, and sure any question in your mind is that her? Like if we're both there, then most likely it is me. Yeah, it depends on where it is. I feel like I kind of have the perfect blend of it where I get to meet fans who are usually very dedicated. They know a lot about me, have listened to the music, like I've touched their life in some way, and therefore they touch me. In some way. So it's always a very honest and beautiful exchange, or most of the time is a very honest and beautiful exchange. So and then you know, I'm still live a very normal life, joy doing so.
Speaker 2: You don't have a staff of one hundred or people around you cooking and cleaning, living the pop star dream.
Speaker 1: No, I'm from Iceland. I'm like, that's such such an un Icelandic mindset. And yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that still home or did you move? Have you moved to the US?
Speaker 1: Oh, I live in La Yeah. I think it's you know, and I definitely see that kind of star life and whatever, and you know, I get my little moments of it. It always kind of freaks me out and I just want to like river it back to being a child in Iceland.
Speaker 2: You have a twin, Yeah, identical identical? Tell me, honestly, have you ever switched out? Have you ever done a sweet?
Speaker 1: You know, you're not the first person to ask me.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt, and I'm sure you're gonna lie to me no matter even if you have, You're not going to tell me.
Speaker 1: You know, I could tell you yes and it would be a lie. I could tell you no. It would be a lie, you know.
Speaker 2: So, but could you? Could you let's pretend, let's just play a game. Let's pretend you were a little tired, right and she's not. Could you send her in your spot? And would we be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 1: I think you'd be able to tell the difference. I mean recently, we used to look very alike, but I cut my hair short. She has bangs now, yeah, fringe, so we're quite different. And and I think we also have grown into our different professions. So I don't think I could do what she does very well, okay, And I mean I mean she doesn't sing, so yeah she could.
Speaker 2: I wasn't meaning that I would push her out for you to sing. I mean just like, you know, hey, if if you need to be somewhere or walk something, and you're like yeah, I mean though tempting.
Speaker 1: I think I am, like I have some sort of childhood trauma or something. I'm really afraid of lying, Like I cannot tell a lie to save my life. You can see it on my face. And I don't like dishonesty, and I don't like being dishonest, so it would feel dishonest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you would not you would bear me. But anyway, I'm joking. Yeah, hey, this is a random question. But if people go to your Instagram, it looks different to other people's Instagram. Yes, it does, okay, because you have this thing called an Instagram ring. Right, congratulations you won that too. I think this is explain the award. I think Instagram give out people who are like culture movers. Culture make is the platform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did this really cool thing where they awarded a handful of creators, artists of many kinds this ring, and we got a real ring. It was really caused, designed by Grace Will's bonner, and we all get to customize our Instagram. And you chose pink custom like button. Why I can choose it.
Speaker 2: You can change it.
Speaker 1: Every day if I want. Yeah, I've changed it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 1: I've changed a couple of times. It's hot pink right now because I felt that I was in a hot pink era of my life. Yeah, I wanted boldness in my life. But it was late green before, which was very innocent, very sweet.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that for you. Before I go sixty seconds with leave lightning round of questions, you ready, if you had a live theme song right now? What would it be?
Speaker 1: Life theme song? Oh? My god, I'm so bad at lightning stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is not a great one. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What's giving you the ick recently?
Speaker 1: Oh? I opened a door on my toe and it was bleeding a lot, and my toes purple.
Speaker 2: The toe in general or a bit of any toes? Yeah? Do you have a secret talent that has nothing to do with music.
Speaker 1: I'm very flexible, really very.
Speaker 2: Flexible, like stretching, stretching, Like can you do that thing where people like arch their back and then they go the wrong.
Speaker 1: Way over very bendy.
Speaker 2: Would it be inappropriate for me to ask to see that? It would be, wouldn't it?
Speaker 1: It would?
Speaker 2: It's on the internet, okay if your camera ole leaked, would you be concerned?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'd be concerned because I have an embarrassing amount of photos of everything.
Speaker 2: Okay? Is that so? Yeah? And then last message to the Aussie fans, Oh.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, a new cute accidents and your corckers. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Don't miss a moment of the Smallsy show.
Speaker 1: Download the free iHeart app now sounds better on iHeart.
Speaker 2: Head to chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store, every day.
Speaker 1: Eight