Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more gold podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Hid's a chemist warehouse.
Speaker 1: And save more money every.
Speaker 5: Year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, gang, this is Christian This before you listen to today's show.
Speaker 1: Two quick things.
Speaker 2: My book Unscript comes out very very soon, and for everyone who listens to the podcast in the UK, I've got a way that you can pre order the book and save money twenty five percent off if you pre order the book at Waterstones, good Old Waterstones online by Friday midnight this week. Online at Waterstones you can pre order Unscript you get twenty five percent off.
Speaker 1: And if you want to hear me talking.
Speaker 2: About the book and what it's about, done a podcast that comes out now. It's with Brilliant on I was on it last year back on Talk to the Brilliant Sarah Grinberg on her Brilliant podcast. It's called the Life of Greatness. You can find out a lot more about the book and why I wrote it. The chat came out yesterday. I'm getting some lovely notes on some of you. The podcast is called Life of Greatness and it's the brand new episode.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the day show. I hope you well, thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Take care you are Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So it was just a little bit distracted there.
Speaker 2: Intern Pete decided to start dancing, but in a way that he almost like he was listening to a different song. It wasn't correlating with the beat in rhythm to Spring Seen. But morning, Peter, good morning.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: I'm completely told you timed if I don't really the music, it's just more about the vibe.
Speaker 2: So you were.
Speaker 8: Extracted by about five different things in the space of ten seconds. There are all these little badges you're playing with, then you're fiddling with the mic, then you're feeling with this giant map.
Speaker 2: Well you're always fiddling with the mic.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry. I must be very jittery this morning. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I think you're excited because we're releasing In Turn Pete onto the innocent streets and sit as of Sydney. And as a warning, because it is our responsibility to always warn you for extreme content, we've had this made all right, so where are you going and what are you up to this morning?
Speaker 9: A very big morning, Sydney.
Speaker 7: Let's go because we're going to head to some metropolis north param white Matter later on this morning. We're going to be going visiting Sophia who called you mister Christian earlier.
Speaker 2: The teenager And we haven't sent the bin so you haven't sent the bin sticker to it yet in now almost eight days.
Speaker 9: That's right, so we're going to hand deliver it. So that is my bad. I got some new ones printed out.
Speaker 1: Were these people know you're coming.
Speaker 7: We sort of flagged it in the last a couple of days and said ship hoop over the next week or so, so should go?
Speaker 2: I don't know you if you know what teenagers are like in the morning, a little bit grumpy, you might end up in her bin. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, So if you are in the area in the next hour.
Speaker 1: Or so, off you are going out west.
Speaker 7: Going out west today, West is best. We will win the West, I think was the saying. There's multiple saying yeah, these are our benstickers.
Speaker 2: And whether you're listening in Melbourne or Sydney or anywhere, there's even some that have been sent out to Mandura. And w A. If you want one of our bench stickers to join our rebel bin arby the Befantry, go to the Gold website dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: So you going out ben sticker in this morning?
Speaker 2: Please? Can you tell everyon this morning you ate another colleagues lunch yesterday? Yes special shout out too. If you bring your leftovers in. You kind of feel good, don't you. I've got that.
Speaker 1: I don't need to go out and queue and wait and buy. I've got lunch saw today.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasing, quite a smug feeling actually as an adult. You know, earlier this week we're doing signs you in and out when you now think I make an extra amount and then I have leftovers and that's good for one or two days lunch.
Speaker 7: That's so true because you feel so organized as well, like you're better than everyone else.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 7: So I made some man kibble, which is minced beef and rice the day before yesterday, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit creasy, and you call that man Kebble cable is what you feed the dog.
Speaker 9: I know it just it doesn't look great, but Jesus tastes great.
Speaker 2: So what are you want?
Speaker 1: A paleo diet? Pale peach.
Speaker 9: No, essentially, so I put it in the fridge. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yes, I go to toilet after all, paleo peat drop in that.
Speaker 9: Oh, I got another nickname, damn it.
Speaker 7: And look basically, long story short, I was in the kitchen yesterday and I was talking to Mas for marketing.
Speaker 9: I was very distracted.
Speaker 1: I remember thinking, oh, this container, is you distracted? This doesn't make any sense. Distracted Pete.
Speaker 7: There we go and I essentially put it in there and put it, heated it up, and I sat in this meeting room with Mas. We're having a bit of a chin wag, a bit of a gossip about what's going.
Speaker 1: This is a short version of the story. Is it yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I'm eating, I'm thinking, and mass and Marketing is still there. Yeah, yeah, he's watching me at this day. She's filming me because I'm eating. I'm going, you don't cook like this, You're a qualified chef.
Speaker 9: This is bland.
Speaker 7: This is slightly burnt beef gibble, not good whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And then I just I've clicked. I've gone this is not my lunch.
Speaker 9: This is somebody else's lunch. I'm eating somebody else's lunch out of the fridge.
Speaker 1: I actually did this earlier this year.
Speaker 2: I brought a rap in and I was eating another person's rap I was it was not mine because this rap was much better.
Speaker 1: It was really nice. It was like a high end rap.
Speaker 2: Luckily I had twenty bucks on me, so I left it in the fridge with a note I've eaten your lunch.
Speaker 1: And also the terrible thing is I could have stopped.
Speaker 2: There's only half way through the half of the first I carried on the whole lunch because it was so good. I've committed that.
Speaker 1: Probably you've made money out of this whole exchange.
Speaker 9: Actually, I'm so sorry. I couldn't finish the kibble there.
Speaker 7: And I shout out to Sean Scully, our head of sales, that's a lunch. You heard that his lunch. I found out after multi case. I put it on the internal social media accounts and said, look, I'm so sorry. Please let me buy lunch for you know whoever's using all that sort of stuff. So Sean Scully apologies and yeah, goodluck making budget later on it's a month as well, okay, But honestly, I.
Speaker 2: Just felt so bad.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad eating someone's lunch. All right, So you're heading off.
Speaker 7: Next yes, and then I'll also be heading to the Gray Staines area. And just a little heads up if during the Concord Bowling Club area, I'll be out there letter on this morning as well.
Speaker 2: This feels like old school radio from twenty years ago, like when people like sticker spotting in black thunders.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week, we are live from Sydney. I've been staying in Airbnb. What is it about Airbnb's that door code never works? I is trapped in my own Airbn this morning. I have to like get a code to get out to open this door.
Speaker 6: You get trapped in?
Speaker 1: Yes, And I'm actually thinking what if I can't get out?
Speaker 2: What do I do? The show on the phone, how.
Speaker 1: Would they get in?
Speaker 2: If the code isn't working to get me out, no one can come and even even rescue.
Speaker 6: This damsel that is incredibly unsafe.
Speaker 2: It actually being in a vault, actually being a safe At the moment, that was literally the panic I had, Wait, wait a minute, can I smell burning? You know, once you feel like that, everything you spiral up really quickly. I would just roast in here if I can't get in the fieries. We've been a rescue.
Speaker 6: This damsel in.
Speaker 2: Distress won three one or three one two one's hashtag on the pin.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 2: Now. Two days ago on the show, we were asking you, in fact this time, I think it was quarterbars six, exactly what are you up to right now? And if you took a polaroid, what are we seeing? And I love doing it because actually when we do the show, we carry on doing the show. We don't really think about what you're up to. I just presume you're all getting ready to go to work. But I couldn't believe there were hundreds of different things of what you were doing all over Australia. And I really enjoyed it. So we want to do it again. So just tell us so simply in a couple of lines, what are you exactly doing right now?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, let's find out what is Australia doing right now? At six twenty six am. Christian, my name is Katie, currently driving to work, dodging kangaroos and deer. You can only get that message in Australia money Katy stays, say Christian, I'm taking the kelpies for run in the pitch black. I've had hert fall in a rabbit hole like I did the other day. Good luck, Sam, Christian Chris here, I'm at work already unloading trucks with shipping containers in a container Stacker, huge fan of Caitlyn.
Speaker 1: She needs more airtime.
Speaker 6: Well, she actually needs a shipping container, of.
Speaker 1: Course, Yes, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: At the in laws, maybe you can pass off funny or actually we can give Katelyn more airtime today passes off sick.
Speaker 1: It's no coincidence.
Speaker 2: Yesterday she was at the races she goes every Wednesday, and a couple of her horses one big, didn't they So I think she went. She went out big. She's sleeping off at the moment, so hopefully tomorrow, more likely Monday, because when when she gets two Gigi's winning, she already disappears. She's like Dennis Rodman. You know you have to have them on the team, but you can't control them. You can't cage that canary bird. It wants to fly sometimes.
Speaker 6: You know, she's not sleeping till Sunday.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 11: She.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she maybe she promised me that we we always have to sign an NBA, but say anything goes, Please don't say anything so re wrap at me.
Speaker 1: And when she front kicks someone.
Speaker 2: Oh, horrible, horrible, like a Cassi weary I was second answer, tined soccer player, Christian.
Speaker 1: I'm lying here.
Speaker 2: Listen to show contemplating getting out of bed. Will I scratch my dog? That's from Jane. Christian started my shift at the age can putting in the launch at the moment.
Speaker 1: That's from Kelly. Kelly, thank you for what you do. Christian.
Speaker 2: I've just finished cleaning an Airbnb, off to do another four today. Do you say even a half six? You're cleaning Airbnb's this early in the morning, Christian, I'm doing my usual pick up my colleague. He's late this morning. Can you tell Girhan to get a shift on. Come on, come on, gown, Christian. I'm currently delivering newspapers in Melbourne. This one, that's simple, Christian. I'm cutting up twenty eggs for my egg and bacon sandwiches at my shop. Christian.
Speaker 1: I've just put wax ole ear drops in my right ear.
Speaker 6: Thank you for the spider.
Speaker 2: That's from Vince. I don't know if you can hear us right now, Christian. My wife and I lying in.
Speaker 1: Bed and listening to you guys on our clock radio.
Speaker 2: Christian in the bedroom, trying not to fall asleep, or deciding on what handbag to take to a women's business Urge breakfast this morning. I have one hundred plus handbags, over one hundred. No one has taken you ages and wearing you out, Christian. We're currently driving around Sydney doing deceased transport. That's from Matt. Matt. We're gonna have to ask a follow.
Speaker 6: Up question deceased people.
Speaker 2: We need to know. I think I know there are people that drive like deceased trains. Oh, I wonder if that's what he means, like deceased.
Speaker 1: Transport or is it people?
Speaker 2: How bad?
Speaker 1: How bad was last night? That's someone's job, Matt.
Speaker 2: Please let us know question. We're all around at Patsy. She's having a party. She's not really sick. See Brad, stop talking about this. We're not allowed to.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast, Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'm just sharing a shower with you and the team. Floyd Shower well, Christian, I'm just waiting for the sun to come up so I can start my mowing day. Have a great day rowing from lawn and order. One of the best known businesses in Australia.
Speaker 8: Early to be mowing though, I don't know if I'd be a happy neighbor.
Speaker 2: No, unless you're going to go and do the whole street. But soon as sunsets to moa and then they have the the leaf blower as well. With this snipper or my four half seven.
Speaker 1: It's a bit early in hisn't it?
Speaker 12: Mates?
Speaker 2: Also they can't they get mos now? Would light headlights on the front of them. I'm then for combine harvests the farmers are they start doing combine harvesting early in the morning, I presume all right? So extra time Waster put a band in a TV show. Some of the best ones we had yesterday. Rachel had Lincoln Parks and Rec Mitch had This was brilliant, saved by Adele. Aaron had Sorn Pepper pick. Georgia had two and a half men at work. The winner was Kylie with John Farnham wants a wife so et the time though. Time Waster put a band in a TV show. I've got Hootie and the Blow Fishing Australia. It's a TV show, familiar silver Bluff, SpongeBob Marley. Oh, very different kind of show. And it's always Sonny and Phil Collins gold bluff.
Speaker 1: All right, Rio, what have you got? Put a band in a TV show?
Speaker 6: Five seconds of summer heights high.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 6: Beauty and the shekh.
Speaker 2: Oh the man. No that it's too sophisticated for me. Both goals for those very.
Speaker 6: Good and the block party.
Speaker 11: Blow.
Speaker 2: Let's your triple J listener and our audience aren't going to get that. By the way, I'm concerned we haven't heard anything from intern p out the streets. I'm thinking, actually, he's just stacked the car around the corner. You know, yesterday I was talking about how I got in his car and how erratic a driver is. Back me up, you got in a car you and Katelyn. How was the spa withd you wanted to spy yesterday? It was nicely we went to do it.
Speaker 6: What's it called red light bed? Oh right, they're good, yeah, really nice.
Speaker 8: We're lucky to get there though Pete did drive us. It was only a ten minute drive in ten minutes. We got beat twice, once merging onto the Sydney hubber Bridge and a bus came screaming past, almost took us out.
Speaker 2: And then it's shocking how bad a driver he is.
Speaker 6: He just doesn't really pay attention, No.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: And was he doing that thing where he's like he's interviewing you or doing a podcast? Why he's looking around at you? And it's always a couple of times I say, hi, he's on the road.
Speaker 6: Head's on a swivel, but not in the right.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no no. I don't think he's gonna be into any stick of spotting. Actually think he's just smashed a lamp post around the corner.
Speaker 6: When we say watch out pizza, bet that.
Speaker 1: We actually mean it, mean yeah, we really mean it.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, there's.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: It's a time waste.
Speaker 2: This morning has put a band in a TV show rio Are you ready tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Let's do it?
Speaker 2: Very different TV show. This would be full ice house gold. That's I'm Brendan. The Farmer wants a blondie Silver one in Richard, Kath and Lil Kim the Rapper. That is very good.
Speaker 1: That's Mark Webber, well done. Ah, it's Saturday.
Speaker 2: That's very good. Jan mhm due a quantum leaper, Gold too. That so good for this early in the morning. Josh, well done for that due a quantum leaper. It's banned in the TV show sail By Saved by the Bell BIV Devot Pie is silver plus thirty seconds to Neighbors, the Bronze House of the Dragon, what band Dragon?
Speaker 6: And there is a TV show Brone.
Speaker 2: Nothing with it no guns and Roseanne silver plus Melrose Place of Basse silver.
Speaker 1: The price is right, said Fred Gold.
Speaker 2: Josh.
Speaker 1: Better homes and sound gardens. Ah, these are so good.
Speaker 2: That's Jenny well done for better homes and gardens and color me breaking bad from.
Speaker 6: Dukes silver plus.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Who is the winner this morning? Kat and Lil Kim, Yes, well done?
Speaker 2: All right. Now let's cross over live to Intern. Pete in a car out west in Sydney.
Speaker 13: Watch outstas about, watch out about you better watch out cross all right?
Speaker 2: We now cross live to Intern Peace.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning guys. Hello, I just pass the Chemis's warehouse on the Pennett Hills Road. Think a little bit heavy than we wanted here, but that's okay. We're seven minutes away from Lady No child so Sea. Actually whose house we're going to this morning, child so Cia, I think is the correct terminology. Who called your mystics? Right, Matt Good?
Speaker 1: This is just he's driving into chaos, is what he's doing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, No, it's all good. We did a three we did a three lane change before and a couple of tradees helped get through as well, so shout out to them. But the roads are pretty heavy this morning, but we'll get all over west to hand out these binsticks.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've lived in Sydney for years that you're surprised that there's other people on the road at this time of morning. Yeah, it's the morning rush.
Speaker 11: Yeah I know, but I guess from years doing breakfast radio, right, you don't really see what's really going on out here sometimes. But it's a pretty Yeah. Yeah, no, you're absolutely right. I'm so sorry. So yeah, but we're only, like I said, only a few minutes away this morning, which is good. So if you are out west, getting contact, because I've got to boot four beinstickers to hand out to really anyone who wants one to promote the show on their.
Speaker 1: Brilliant Okay, so Pete, you're going to be out west this morning.
Speaker 2: So what's the first suburb you're heading to in case anyone's around there this morning wants to say hello.
Speaker 11: Yes, so in the North Paramatta area. I won't give out Sophia's address, but around the North Paramatta area, and then we'll be heading off straight up to that to the Gray Stains area to see Jade, who's got a beautiful radio voice apparently. And then finally we're going to make our way through in the Concord area to the Concord Bowling Club where hopefully Margarita his boss, is a little bit generous because I said, look, I might be a bit late, you see, can you please be as early as possible. I've got work to do. So we've got three major locations this morning to get through. In Mum's Blue holding Commodore.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: On today's show, we're going to do a part two of have you ba I ever bought anything from anyone famous?
Speaker 1: We have some great calls yesterday. Also going to be doing a small thing big.
Speaker 2: Joint more invites to come and join us Monday night for my book launch party. But right now now we are bin stickering the West of Sale. You can join the bright Side bin Battannion bin stickers. That's our marketing. Now we need your bins. They are our bin boards. Forget billboards. Every other record show is on them. We are on your bins. We need your bins. You go to the gold website dot com, DoD are you put your details there, we'll send you the binstickers. In turn, Pete is trying to secure the West for us, make some more new listeners here in Sydney. He's in his now infamous yellow boilers suit, the jumpsuit. He's in his mum's car, the old powerful blue powder blue holding that we've had with some decal stickers that say Pete patrol and watch out Pete's about.
Speaker 1: Are you in position?
Speaker 11: Absolutely? Guys. Some may say waste the resource with detailing the entire car. I say, no, that's called content, baby, it is.
Speaker 2: That's mister Beese could learn a thing or two from us. What's great is often radio stations have like really schmicks or of black thunders, don't they You know we're in a knackred, beaten up I don't think you'd it'd even be roadworthy for the cheapest version of uber.
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, we're good. I've got I'm getting my pink slip today because my regio's doing that next month anyway, So she was good to go.
Speaker 2: The way your parts right now, you're blocking someone's driveway.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sorry about this bloke in the in front of me. So I'm gonna get Sorry mate, can you let me through. I've got the beam stickers that deliver the sofa, so I just wait for him to the back out. Guys, we're just driving down nice and slowly down.
Speaker 1: This view very nicely. The suburb you're in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, a lot of concrete, very nice area. So for sure, I've just got to get up to the driveway here if you can get morning made. How Oh he's not impressed at all. Sorry, he looked like Dick Smith. Okay, let's I've got to get the right number here. I just want to make it's not a gated community for so far. There we go. I think that's yeah, I think we're in here.
Speaker 14: That car.
Speaker 11: Did Sorry, I wasn't sorry. I was looking for the car. Hang on, sorry, now it's down a bit further. Hang on.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's been in position for ten minutes outside.
Speaker 6: The ronde house.
Speaker 11: I have I actually have their twenty.
Speaker 1: Running after him trying to film this.
Speaker 11: Yes, absolutely, Oh that's oh no god, sorry.
Speaker 6: Hand only there you would call the police.
Speaker 11: Oh, here we go, Here we go. They're listening to the radio. Oh sorry, mate, how I am in that one there? Okay't beautiful? Might be a second. I'll just pull over, mate. Sorry, guys beer with me.
Speaker 1: I think we might have such works under drive for ever.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can't like that.
Speaker 2: It's a meeting, that is at least. So why's he rolled up the jumpsuit?
Speaker 11: No, because I can't turn the foot heaters off in the car. They were heating up. So I just sorry. That's about the story about the issue there.
Speaker 6: So we're better in the middle of the road that.
Speaker 11: We won't be long. Hang on, my should I move the.
Speaker 2: Carr see go into and deliver the sticker now to teenager Sophia, who I wanted one last week, So it's a it's a week late. Apologize.
Speaker 11: There's someone who is walking actually in ding Dong.
Speaker 2: Someone saw Pete and shut the door.
Speaker 11: I didn't even know who that person was. Oh, the car I do need to move that car. No cross come Hello, Hello, go to tem Tempete from Chrishon O'Connell. Say hi to the guys very quickly.
Speaker 2: Hello, good morning, Sophia. Sorry for interrupting your morning, but I really wanted to get this sticker to you.
Speaker 13: Ys.
Speaker 11: No problem, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: That's terrified.
Speaker 11: She's terrified. Sorry, I know we look like.
Speaker 1: Should should answered the door to strange men, especially that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, is his mum or dad here? Just so he's got a missing to be here. That's all right, Hi mom, how are you good? Good to see no problem at all? Comes.
Speaker 15: No, it's great because my husband actually spray painted our number inside our bus, so someone did steal it that we would know.
Speaker 11: This is a very organized family, guys, very very organized.
Speaker 15: So this is much better.
Speaker 11: I'll be sick.
Speaker 1: Why don't you stick of the bin for them?
Speaker 11: Oh god, this is a live radio moment. If you've ever heard.
Speaker 4: The Worst Ones Christian Condor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian needs to get intern Pete driving the old black thunders, like the old days of radio handing out ice, cold cows and coke.
Speaker 1: Christian intern peak mats we love so hard. How has he survived?
Speaker 2: Thrived to even get to the adult ages today, especially in Sydney. That place could have chewed him up and spat him out, a man, innocent boy like that. The way you're talking about is if we've got some sort of real life forest cup. Actually that is the right way to talk about.
Speaker 6: Him, leaders about you watch house.
Speaker 2: Right. So far this morning, Pete has terrified a mum and her teenage daughter by just dropping on their doorstep unannounced. No one likes people are arriving undernnounced, especially in the morning when you're busy, busy, busy getting him and ready for school. Okay, so Pete, one down, where are you off to? Now?
Speaker 11: One down? Many to go? And also shouted to everyone that was in that North Parada Marrimula area because people are now all going to the website they're all requesting these beenstickers because I just want you to know that.
Speaker 16: I know it might not have sounded amazing, but all's well, that ends well. They were very very happy to receive and now we're on our way to Jade in gray.
Speaker 11: Stains in Sydney, Australia. She will be receiving a bin.
Speaker 2: Sick supposed to Sydney, where else would you be Man India.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, sorry, yes, I'm sorry. My apologies. So we're just driving down right now. If you are in the Sydney area, we're on Albert Street near the west.
Speaker 2: Are the area.
Speaker 1: It's a big area.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry. It's just a lot to concentrate while driving while it's fine. But oh my god, sorry, no, that was an overreaction. I've just realized I'm driving down O'Connell Street right now. O'Connell street. How crazy is that? Right now? When we turn around, look at the beautiful couches on the side of the road. Guys, there's just turn the phone around there.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, now we get like a spa.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to Peter some point this morning. Maybe not actually right now. Small Thing, Big Joy is what we got on the show.
Speaker 12: Small Thing, Big Joy six las spot You enjoy like finding five bucks in you jeeves or.
Speaker 6: Buying the saucepan of your dream Oh.
Speaker 2: To buy the saucepan of your dreams. That is the life, all right, Small thing, Big Joy?
Speaker 11: What is it for you?
Speaker 2: Textash four seventy five O three one oh four three for Jenna. The moment you're reading a book and the plot finally cracks wide open Taner when you put money in the vending machine for chocolate bar and two fallouts Louis when I finished the last pizza shape, and then they get their left over sea and seizing at the bottom of the band, the angel does Jayson a song, finishing right as you park your car, Ria, What is small thing big joy for you?
Speaker 8: I think I've found the only hotel on planet Earth with a PowerPoint that's next to the bed and not trapped.
Speaker 6: Under the bedside, Oh my god, or deep center.
Speaker 2: Of the behind the bed, behind the bed. Why don't hotels what are shooting? They're electric? It's like a pilate's workout to extend over, extend one hand to try and get the plug in. Now, I wonder we always forget the plugs you just like I'll buy a new one. I can't put another vertebra out.
Speaker 8: And you've always got to unplug their alarm clock or alarm clock or the lamp.
Speaker 6: To put in your charger. So you've got to choose between one of them.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Small thing big joy for me is I love like the early seed of a new idea. I've been working on something for a while Ruby mildest daughters finally said, yes, we are going to launch a book club together.
Speaker 6: Amazing.
Speaker 1: We both deeply love books.
Speaker 2: Ruby reads so many books and she's always recommend Much of books on I read now are recommended by Ruby, and then we either argue about them or we then talk about them afterwards. And because she's twenty two doesn't live at home anymore. Still, finding those areas of connection with your with your kids as they get older is really really important because so much of their life you don't see anymore. It's a completely different world they're building, so it should be so having some like this. I've been asking her for a while, why don't we just do a little book club. She's got very strong Well, she's got one very strong rule about it. I said, you know, I think the listeners would want to join this. We can just do it for fun. She said, well, I'm only going to do it if they are going to read the books. It can't be weirdos that just want to hang out and ask you what time you get up in the morning. They must have.
Speaker 1: Read they must it's a serious book club. They must have read the book.
Speaker 8: I said, why do let's just read books as well, yeah, I don't like the insinuation in that it's all in tern PiZZ.
Speaker 6: Our listeners can read, They read, they can.
Speaker 1: Read very clearly.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast, What.
Speaker 1: Is a small thing that gives you Big Joy?
Speaker 2: Christian? Small thing, Big Joy? This is from Coome Morning Linda, when cutting into a cheese cran Ski and finding all the cheese has an escaped while cooking.
Speaker 1: Peak zen Enlightenment Christian.
Speaker 2: When you scan you fly by card coals, you get ten dollars off your shop. That's on Santo Christian. My small thing, Big big joys at my call. Fourteen year old daughter is starting to finally appreciate old music, as she calls it by all the songs you play on gold. I heard her adding here the voice onto her Spotify playlist after she heard it on your show yesterday morning. Awesome, Jess, that's great, Good morning, Josh. The last bit of cereal in the box is the perfect amount for the bowl. Yeah, but just a Caitlin good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning that she is from the cockpit.
Speaker 2: Ye, this microphone sounds incredible. Where did they get it from a child's my first radio station?
Speaker 8: They just grabbed it out of a Boeing Seven's your airline back in the days, Anset, That's what it is.
Speaker 1: It's a former Anset planes.
Speaker 3: Okah, my sting, big joy is and I'm doing it a lot right now because we're staying in the city and I'm walking everywhere. Is as you're walking to that crossing and the little man turns green and you don't even break strating and.
Speaker 4: Just keep going.
Speaker 1: It's the perfect glidea.
Speaker 3: Cross It happened yesterday afternoon. I was like, all right, kept going, absolutely stoked.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is the best.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Day Christian, just checking in. This is some Steve Lamb.
Speaker 2: My small thing, big joy is being able to see the best sunrises and the best sunsets in the world while I'm driving around Australia kating race cars. That must be incredible, Christian. Small thing, big joy. When your GPS gives you an arrival time and you smash it, you get there early. You're right, What does that mean so much? No one's watching some Lisa some more thing big joy for me too, Christian. One getting the Dona into the Doner cover on the first try? Is it inside out? Is it the right way in exclamation, exclamation, shasse typed out excamation exclamation, make it radio friendly for me, thank you, and opening the fruit and vegbag at the supermarket first try impossible.
Speaker 1: Impossible, do it again.
Speaker 2: It's impossible yet you're their ages. Yeah, some and forth you can doing that dabbing thing, Christian, my small thing, big joy, carrot cake scones from Baker's to light warmed up with butterdicted.
Speaker 1: All right, let's crossback live.
Speaker 2: Yeah we have to, but.
Speaker 13: Shouts about, but shouts about. You better watch out cross about.
Speaker 2: All right. We have benstickers for your bin's advertising the show. Will you give me your bin, I'll give you a sticker head to the gold website dot com today you and we'll send you them. And this morning, Pete's out on the streets of Western Sydney ben stickering. Right now we should have Jade on the line. Morning Jade, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now, Jade.
Speaker 2: I hope this isn't a kind of a rude of waiting for you this morning. But sadly outside your property is in turn, Pete. Can you see him?
Speaker 15: I am opening the front door. You have a look, all right, I can't see him yet.
Speaker 6: You're looking for.
Speaker 15: I can hear him.
Speaker 2: It's a hold him.
Speaker 15: I've got him.
Speaker 2: That's a nervous laugh, probably driving very badly with a nervous lady with him last filming and praying.
Speaker 1: Probably with the rosary bees running behind you.
Speaker 15: Yes, my slippers.
Speaker 2: That's his parole officer. Actually she has to go. He he gets day released and then he comes in the morning.
Speaker 15: Got to figure, thank you, you're going to put the money for me.
Speaker 1: To do any of the actual sticking room.
Speaker 2: It's like a paper boy throwing on the doors it.
Speaker 15: Man, I've thought about this extensively. It has to go on the side of the bill so you can see when you're driving part off.
Speaker 8: Yes, actually a really good I never thought that. Have we missed a trip by telling everyone on the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely when it's curbside, that's what you see more of.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 6: No, if you're a garbo, I guess. But if you're if you're driving.
Speaker 2: No you're not.
Speaker 1: We need to we need to start sending three sick as for you. Yes, yes, Pete, are you there?
Speaker 11: Yeah, guys he going, oh gorgeous putting his No, I've got bubbles on it. Sorry, we're gonna get a ruler and pick that up there.
Speaker 1: Sorry with school books. Do you remember when you go the air like it was tainted, ruined the whole book?
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly, it's my car, okay there and they'll drive ye beautiful, thanks for you, yep it douns. Yeah, yeah, sorry, Yeah, we're all good to go. Well on, Jake Janks you you've got a lovely voice. By the way, I think you born a new segment for us too, which is great. So we'll get this bin sticker on for you here on the side, and then we're going to make our way to Concord. Is that okay? We're going to go on to Margareta. Really is keen for a bemsticker?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So Pete, what suburb are you in?
Speaker 2: Now? Where is Jade?
Speaker 11: Where am I again? Gray Things? That's it? Gray Things? Or in Gray Things at the moment? So I reckon there's a Hungry Jacks down the road, which I reckon. We'll get a burger on the way past to a little meet up.
Speaker 2: In the already doing this raft for now and it's trying to knock off for a bit for Hungry Jacks.
Speaker 11: Absolutely so, if you're in the car park of the next ten minutes, meets you there if you want a BEM sticker, and then we're going to head off the concord. So no matter where you are across city, let me know and we will sort you out.
Speaker 2: O four seventy five three one oh four three. If you are anywhere that or even if you just want to avoid that area, take take a different route to school this morning so the kids aren't horrified.
Speaker 1: In turn, Pete in the car park of a hundred hungry chase.
Speaker 2: He's not really.
Speaker 1: Advertising the show in the right way.
Speaker 2: Maybe this way it's not quite on, it's not gone quite to plan. But anyway, coming up next down, we're looking for your stories. If you got one, called me. Have you ever bought anything from somebody famous? We had some great stories yesterday.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Coming up to your next half an hour. Then we got brand new time Waste to add. Your chance to come and join us Monday Nights at the Book launched my new book, Unscript, which finally comes out next week. That's your next half an hour right now. Have you ever brought something from someone famous? Yesterday we had some great stories My.
Speaker 11: Ex girlfriend Nancy's father bought and had John Lennon's Luca table in his house.
Speaker 17: I have a top that Kylie Minogue wore on neighbors back in the late eighties. They were just selling off some of the costumes they wore on neighbors and I bought it to five dollars.
Speaker 2: I didn't really buy it.
Speaker 11: I picked up a wardrobe off the side of the road and I was going, I'm struggling.
Speaker 15: To get it on a medium sized Chester DAWs.
Speaker 11: And who comes out, Gey Sebastian. He came out, rolled the slaves up, helped me load it on.
Speaker 14: What a man.
Speaker 2: Guy Sebastian has been elevated now into goat status because of that story. Obviously a successful musical artist, but that story about helping load up a stranger with a medium sized chest of draws is legendary.
Speaker 1: Now, my min we also got this one after the show yesterday.
Speaker 14: Hi, Christian, it's grand here. I bought a painting off Chopper Red about fifteen years ago. Chopper he signed the back of it. I went Harvey's. It was five hundred dollars. So I raimed my brother in law and I said, do you want to go Harvey's? Two fifty eight. He goes, yeah, why not?
Speaker 11: Okay, what a story you share it?
Speaker 1: Suzanne Christian.
Speaker 2: Ten years ago, I bought a second hand vacuum cleaner from Nicholas Shakespeare, the author who is directly related to William.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, run in the family.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We both had holiday shacks in Swansea, Tasmania. Lucinda got a yacht, a Yacht's Nice from the singer James Morrison. He kept it in immaculate condition. He brought it up from Tasmania. The yachts called Karma and Emily. My mom brought two promotional cricket bats from the Warren brothers Shane one and his brother and got them signed.
Speaker 6: All right, sorry yeah brother, Yeah, I no, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: It's big news. I'm still marveled that Chopper had an art collection. What kind of heart did Chopper have?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, on the show, we were talking about what is your current earworm? My current earworm? Because I really enjoyed the comedy movie that's on Netflix, Little Brother, John Sena and Eric Andrey. There's a running gag with the Hooper Stank song from like twenty years ago. Hooper Stank the reason this song. I must have played it so many times this week it's become my ear worm. And we were asking.
Speaker 1: Yesterday what is your earm?
Speaker 2: And as I was talking about that, playing that, huber stonks sang got the lovely text from Tania Christian I credit hober Stank and the reason for my husband I getting together. Thanks for going to get back into our heads, going to listen to it all day. Now we're trying to get a hold of Tina to come and tell us more so. She sent me this message yesterday when she has more time. It feels like a long time ago. My husband I met through mutual friends. We can't bumping into each other in various scenarios like mutual friends, birthdays and house parties and the light. Eventually we started hanging out and he in a smooth courting move. You don't hear about the art of courtship anymore. No, you know, it's all grinding, it's all swiping. He's started making me mix tapes.
Speaker 6: Wow, that is a proback.
Speaker 2: I could tell from the songs he was adding to the tapes that he was subtly trying to tell me what he thought that I was pretty awesome and that we should be together. You said, he's trying to hypnotize you with the music. He was definitely Christian putting the moves on me. But how do I respond? I didn't have a double tape to date to make him. It's a real modern cassette version of Romeo and Juliet's Throw down your tape deck. But he is a musician and communicator best via music. So I wrote him a note and all it said was make me quite emotional. All it said was listen to the Reason by Hooper Stank. Hey, don't laugh.
Speaker 1: I'm actually tearing up.
Speaker 2: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: It's going to be more poet It is poetic. Sorry, listen, I know you're with me.
Speaker 2: You're getting moves. So I wrote him a note and all I said was listen to the Reason by Hooper Stank and listen closely to the chorus. Next time we met up, there was no looking back. We were the reason. We were hooked, just two star cross lovers.
Speaker 6: I think Matt Lemon used this in the Romeo and Juliete filmatt.
Speaker 2: I don't like your tone.
Speaker 1: Listened to Hooper Steaker, Oh my word, what a story?
Speaker 6: Is a brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful story. So this morning, I want to know what's the song and what's your story about that song? Yours better be really emotion, pretty emotion. Does it involve a cassette and the notes?
Speaker 8: It doesn't, It doesn't, and it doesn't sadly involve Hooper Steak. I'm sorry, but the year is twenty eleven. I'm just out of high school. I'm deep into my eed M dance music phase. Oh I've got the you know, the neon glasses, the bum bag, the bucket.
Speaker 2: Hatte still rocks that he's never grown out on. That face still looks like a dealer.
Speaker 6: He has got the sunglasses, doesn't he keeless sunglasses?
Speaker 1: He's just going to rave.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: Speaking of Calvin Harris is cheering with Rihanna. He's her support act. They just released that big.
Speaker 6: Song we Found Love.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: Calvin Harris is doing a gig at Greenwood, which is just literally around the corner from our studio, Greenwood Hotel, this little night club, and he's doing a very real intimate gig. Me and my friends, there's about eight of us who are all very much into dance music. Huge Calvin Harris fans we get tickets now really hard to get, and we're so so so excited. The gig is at about it's late afternoon. So we spent the lunch building up a real head of.
Speaker 1: Young kids, a main show.
Speaker 6: We'd had a very long lunch.
Speaker 8: You'd really been you know, working up ahead of steam to get there. We get the train in, we line up, we get to the front. I've got the tickets. I go to the guy, the bouncer. He scans it with the barcode, scanny thing. We don't try the other one. I've got tickets to Sadly the Brisbane show.
Speaker 2: Oh god no.
Speaker 8: And at this point we are we're ready to party, like to go, and when we're lit up and we're so excited as well because it's like one of our first big gigs we've ever been to. He's not only like nineteen twenty. And then we had to do this sad walk around to the pub.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you were going to save the bouncer, let you in, didn't let us come on.
Speaker 6: We go to the pub. We're listening to We Found Love on Our on the phone's.
Speaker 2: Our phone, No, no, the tenny little speaker.
Speaker 8: Not long after though, as we're deep in the midst of our depression. This guy walks in, comes straight over to us. He goes, hey, I'm from Calvin's team. His manager saw you guys get turned away, but he was he felt really bad. Do you want to come in and come backstage with us?
Speaker 1: What a brilliant story.
Speaker 8: And in we got in and we got to be you know how there's those just random nuff. He's behind the d during it.
Speaker 6: We got to stand just behind Calvin Harris behind the decks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just behind the deck, sort of dancing up in front of the stage, just bobbing behind him.
Speaker 6: It was incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is a great story.
Speaker 6: And then I write on a note. Can listen to.
Speaker 2: The chorus there was no looking bird? All right?
Speaker 1: What's the song and what's your story about that song?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show. What is the song and what's your story about that song?
Speaker 1: Christian? It's Amanda my husband like like.
Speaker 2: The movie Fifty Shades of Gray m hm, and our favorite song for the movie is love Me like You Do. I can't say the movie's known for the soundtrack that had one other than like whip sounds.
Speaker 1: But okay, uh so we're asking what is song and what is the story?
Speaker 2: Mine is an Elvis Presley song, right, And I'm a big Elvis Presley fan, and my favorite song, one of my favorite songs in the world, is his song. He sung it in the sixty eight Comeback Special. And if you've seen the Band's Learn Incredible Story Elvis movie, you'll have seen the scene and the story of the sixty eight Comeback Special. And if you imagine, it's not Elvis when he was in the black leather suit. This one's when he's in that beautiful white suit. And it's called If I Can Dream, And it's an amazing song to me. It's more like a it's like a hymn. It's like a prayer, and it has these beautiful words in there about the importance in lifetimes of having a dream, keeping it very vivid in your mind because sometimes in life it's gonna throw you on your hands and knees and you're gonna have to really hang on to what that vision is. Now. The reason why it's so important to me is when I first moved here, the first year was long, story short, not ideal. There was very little evidence that things are going well, if any evidence, such as ray, things were not going up until the right were The best was when it was this flat lining again not great or dipping dipping, dipping, you know, then luckily it did go up unto the right part. I didn't know that during the time, and that was until the you know, fifteen months into the show. But the first year I had to just really imagine, really to the point of being actually deluded that things were going to go well. I just had to pretend that people liked me here despite mainly people calling and emailing at times even taking the great to writing and say no one invited you. That was the second day. The message you got please go home, and stronger words than that. This song I would listen to most mornings on the way.
Speaker 1: If I can dream, We're last as too match dream.
Speaker 2: We're a world.
Speaker 1: That's he talks about having the strength to dream.
Speaker 2: That was Mede Some mornings at have the strength of dream.
Speaker 1: I came here for redemption.
Speaker 2: That's a fly and the radio air waves above you every morning.
Speaker 1: But there's a trembling question in my heart. There's a trembling.
Speaker 4: Question.
Speaker 2: Will I get fired?
Speaker 15: Still?
Speaker 2: I am sure let the answer answers.
Speaker 1: A card again.
Speaker 2: Not there the dark, so much darkness up canning candle somewhere there must be a candle.
Speaker 4: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 5: Can And this one was a bit of reasons to me, please please let my dream, oh please.
Speaker 2: Right most mornings this was playing in my headphones as I felt really on hand and knees, just a constant, endless trial of trials, a trial and trial and trial.
Speaker 1: And that song I actually think got me through it.
Speaker 2: Wow, the point of being deluded the importance of sticking close to a dream.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for this morning's at work Time, wast today apparut me it is? It isn't bet Let's go with it Today it's mind your manner's day. What's your p's and q's for grabs? Double pass who Red Hot Summer Tour Australian crawel men at work unite for a historic Red Hot Summer tour nationally this October and November. Tickets are on sound now at Ticketmaster. We got a double pass for the best in class today on the show, Top five most Polite Celebrities of all Time? How on Earth?
Speaker 1: How have they put this together.
Speaker 2: How would you possibly know these celebrities apply if you're basically what they like to inter them, that's the best version of them.
Speaker 6: Well a Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: No, it's so random, but he could just say anyone at number five, Jolly parton, David Attenbrook for.
Speaker 6: How did you know?
Speaker 2: This is the worst top five this show's ever done. And that's saying something. Tom hangs number two and I believe actually wasting every time. All Right, so we're looking for your polite celebrities today. Polite celebrities. Thank you, Grant, Thank you, Grant, Daniel good Day, Lewis Gold please to meet Loaf.
Speaker 6: That's gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one's terrible, but I'm going to commit to it.
Speaker 2: Good Dwayne Johnson, Good Dwayne good Day, Silver, Dane Johnson, excuse me your real streep, excuse me your royal street.
Speaker 1: Emma, Thankson Thomson and please Bronson.
Speaker 2: That's pretty close to Pierce Brosnan and Reese with a silver spoon in her mouth.
Speaker 6: Now that is gold plast.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, what have you got them? Polite celebrities?
Speaker 6: We just played them Rock's etiquette.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very good.
Speaker 8: Gold from friends, you know, very famous for having a polite cast Courtesy Cox Courtney Cox. No, I've got to say, dro the Princess of Monaco, very.
Speaker 1: Polite, very polite, is almost like Zendaya.
Speaker 6: Gracious Kelly, gracious, Kelly's very good Bronze and Barry manislow.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's gold.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's time waste is polite celebrities. Okay, let's see what you got polite celebrities. I beg your dolly pardon. That's a strong want to start. Well done, Paula Buris amiable, Anderson so angry, moist, he's really amiable, Gold as well, he's a very good this morning. Scott, well done for that one. Amiable Anderson. Kean please reeves Silva, Rittie, you have a good aura around you. Go Van remorse on silver polite?
Speaker 1: Is it to have remorse?
Speaker 2: Tom? Thanks? That's right there. I'm sorry to Kelly.
Speaker 1: Well done, Jamie Lee, Curtsey, the good old Curtsey. Yes, Mark, well done, DM.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, very polite wrapper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nathan Wildone, Curtsey comine silver, Mark holding the front door open.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be hard to me.
Speaker 2: Mark Holden the front door open is very good Well An Elliott Dean nice Cube silver plus, what on Sue after Hugh Jackman after shoe after Hugh Silver plus, Tom buy you a cruise? So polite to buy someone a cruise? Ruth silver Zen Well, obviously we found out earlier that Zenda is apparently one the top five most polite submities of all time.
Speaker 1: Zendea Greg Fred Nostair.
Speaker 2: He is too polite to stare Fred Nostair.
Speaker 1: How does someone come up with that?
Speaker 2: Jenny Grainger Horton, polite name, very good, Red Noster, Alicia, please not keys Silver, please to meet you, Jackman Silver, Jim, let me carry those bags for you. God, oh my god, Kira, that is very good, Jim, let me carry those bags for you.
Speaker 1: And standing in the qune.
Speaker 2: Refs go as well. All right to pick one overall winner, A lot of great ones there, Well done everyone, Thank you very much. Oh Liny b Su said a messy BLESSI. Oh, Karl Stefanovich is polite, Yeah to some people, Carl step over the sick.
Speaker 1: That's not You should be hamping the sick, not stepping over them.
Speaker 6: Unmarkable. Mike Holden, defuntor.
Speaker 2: Just ever win a World one Elliot Dean, you have to red hot Summer Talk Live.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: We'll have our Friday recommendation of double thumbs up, also of the People's Playlist, and we had a great story today from Tania telling us the connection with the songwhere Hooper Stink for the Reason and she was talking about how her boyfriend before they got married, would make mixed Tomorrow, let's go back to an innocent time of mixtapes, mixtapes and also the mix CDs.
Speaker 1: These kids these days.
Speaker 2: Don't know the huge effort we had to go to either doing the old cassette mixtapes or clicking and dragging those files with the CD burners as well. It was a big deal, all right, So your mixtape stories on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for joining us. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Take care.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on Podcast