Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to get into the.
Speaker 1: Driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, and welcome back to the podcast. Today is part two of our Get Ready with Me for twenty twenty four series. In this series, I take you through some of the biggest lessons of twenty twenty three and give you my top tips and exercises to help you get ready for the new year. So in today's episode, we are covering the topic of how and when to pivot and if you actually need to pivot. So this could be leaving a job, ending a relationship, or a friendship. It can be like so difficult to actually find the line between putting the effort in versus knowing that something is not meant for.
Speaker 2: You, it's meant to end.
Speaker 1: And we really unpack all of that in this episode. And I wanted to bring this episode into this series because I feel like at the end of the year there's this huge sense of heaviness. We're all quite tired, you know, our energy is feeling drained, and I feel like a lot of us can go straight too. Well, you know, this thing isn't for me.
Speaker 2: I'm not meant to have this thing or this person.
Speaker 1: And so I just wanted to give you a bit of guidance, some couple of exercises to really feel into it, to make a good decision of if you should pivot or if you simply just need a rest. It's like reminds me very much of when I thought I was going to not continue the podcast because I was so overwhelmed and it turned out I just needed to navigate it differently. But then it also has been times in my life where absolutely that friendship needed to end or it was just the end of a certain season in my life, and I had to like lean into that and commit to that. So that is what we're chatting about today. And I wanted to bring this up too, because this is a constant theme in our Facebook group, you know, when it comes to like ending a friendship or a relationship or even a job. So this episode is so so juicy. Also, guys, before I get into the episode, I do want to say, do it for your future Self is now available fifty percent off. This is our signature Clarity course. So if you want clarity for twenty twenty four, this is the course for you. It is only seven days, seven modules, and it's going to guide you through all the exercise, meditations prompts to actually get clear on what you want to call into twenty twenty four. So we all did this in twenty twenty three, and holy shit, guys, it honestly changed my whole year. It's the reason why I've had such a huge foundational and growth year, and it's because I got so clear on what I actually wanted to in this year, So come and do it with us. It is currently fifty percent off only for December, so it is absolutely the perfect time to grab it, do your reflections, and start planning for an epic twenty twenty four. But of course our recommendations are tia.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have two books to recommend. Two they are fiction though, so it's.
Speaker 2: Don't get too excited.
Speaker 3: Tell me it's Fourth Wing and Iron Flame. Now I'm really late to the bandwagon on this one. Who's the author? Rebecca Yaros is the author, and I think Fourth Wing came out a while ago, but Iron Flame just came out and one of my best friends said, you have to read it and then read the second one. I read this book in about a week and a half. Devoured it, devoured it. And what's it about. It's tell me dragons and romans.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it fes not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came in. Like it's a lot of magic and like a mix of like learning to control magic, and there's like dark magic and this whole sort of like conspiracy and rebellion.
Speaker 1: Like it's so good.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna read it.
Speaker 3: I think you'd love it, Like if you need a wind down book for like before bed kind of thing. This is perfect. And I genuinely and this is a big thing for me. Did not watch any TV or movies on the weekend. I just read these books like nothing. The only TV series I'm watching is the one I recommended last week, which is like an episode a week, and every other wet spare moment I have, I'm reading these books.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with those sorts of odds.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will, definitely, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do it for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And let me know what you think.
Speaker 2: What's your rec for this week?
Speaker 1: So this week, my recommendation is I have already started doing.
Speaker 2: Do it for your future self.
Speaker 1: So well, that's the amazing thing about this is you do have instant access if you get it, so you can literally buy it right now and get a head start on like reflections. And I think it's so potent to do reflections in the current year because you're not like blinded by the rose colored glasses of like New Year Numi so clever, where you're like you've been bombarded with all like the this year's gonna be the best year. And I don't know, just like very swayed, but I love that you should have certain goals or whatnot. So I think there's so much potency in creating your goals from your inner compass and like you're in a world and your reflections and so it's really important to do that in the now. And that's actually why we included the bonus module that is do It for your Future Self, but it's a monthly addition where you can do this course every single month, like a mini version, so it doesn't get to the end of the year. Because that was the feedback that when we're doing reflections on the year, to get through actually reflecting on the whole year, it can be like hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's why we have that bonus module and do it for Future Self now, so you guys will get that on day eight and that's like basically, yeah, do it for future self mini version, do it monthly.
Speaker 2: And because I've been doing.
Speaker 1: That myself this whole year, so I was so excited to give you guys that bonus. But I was reflecting and like the biggest blind spot of myself this year has been this cycle of me over committing because I get really excited about certain projects. So I've noticed my boundaries, like with my family life has been like so strict, So like my time with Tim and Ivy, that's like elite.
Speaker 2: I don't have to fix any of those buckets there.
Speaker 1: But I do this thing with my work where I do get really excited and I'll say yes to a certain project, not really realizing the time that it's going to take. And then I do the project and I can, you know, feel a bit like overwhelmed, a bit burnout, and I didn't really think it through. I was just like over excited. Yeah, So that's like a really interesting reflection that I'm changing now in my schedule for next year. But something new I've been doing is starting my meetings later. So I don't know if you notice this in my schedule it's here, but I used to start my meetings.
Speaker 2: At seven thirty.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 2: Ye first thing, I.
Speaker 1: Was fucking the first one here like very like let's rigid, structured, and that's important. But I've just literally moved it down to eight thirty. So I've got this extra hour and I have been reading, I have been journaling, I have been going to the beach and really giving myself this extra hour. And I know there's privilege in that because I have my own company, like I make my your own hours, But oh my goodness, the amount of like gratitude, creativity and just like space. Yeah, that I honestly feel like my whole day has changed, and I've changed one hour of my day, which is wild and it's wild. And that's the thing is, you can't just copy what I'm doing. You have to do this own reflection because this really came up for me when I did the exercises. So that's like something that I just want to like. My recommendation is like, really, if there's anything you do in December, reflect and make sure you do it in a non shameful way. But just in a matter of fact, oh, what needs to change, what needs to shift? And just that tiny shift. It's not even the new year, and I already feel like, oh, I honestly feels like a lift, like an heel, and it feels so good.
Speaker 3: So have you just been doing just that sort of reflection module or are you slowly working through the entire course.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do the entire course.
Speaker 1: Are you going to redo it in Jain or like yeah, okay, but I'm like, and you guys don't have to do this.
Speaker 2: I'm just like a psycho of self.
Speaker 1: Development and I like love it, like I would do self development. Well, I do do it in my sped time. So I'm doing it in December, and then I also want to do it in January. And you know what's going to be really interesting comparing. Yeah, I want to see, like what's the difference doing it basically a couple of weeks after each other, and I know the energy is so different come jan first. So yeah, I'm really excited because no joke, my reflections right now they're like not sad.
Speaker 2: But like you're a bit more down. There's heaviness. Yeah, there's heaviness. So but that has just been incredible.
Speaker 1: But I've already from doing a reflection made a shift and like just feel lighter and yeah, so reflection, guys, that's what I would say.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: All right, She'll get into the episode.
Speaker 5: Yes, So a Tia a huge conversation that we have been having in the R and C Facebook group.
Speaker 1: PS. If you're not in there, come and join us. It's where all the epic conversations happen, and it's just such a great to like be with like minded people journeys you But like a huge theme that we saw in the group I reckon the last six months would be this theme of pivoting. So whether it is a job, like their career just doesn't light them up anymore, they need to shift. Whether it was like a friendship group of just being like I just don't vibe with these people anymore and having a bit of guilt about that, whether it was like a partner, you know, we had people literally divorce. Honestly, we had so many posts and they're just being like, I'm just not sure I'm in love with my partner anymore. And first of all, I love that everyone in the group is so vulnerable and so like ready to just like say their truth, because that is such a huge, you know, piece to it. But this has been a massive theme. So we thought, you know, for this series, so important to talk about pivoting because also it's the end of the year. You know, that year is closing out, We're about to enter a new year, and this is the perfect time to end the cycles that you don't want to continue. For twenty twenty four to end the relationships, to end the you know, the routines that aren't serving you. The end, like get rid of the energy that is not serving you. This is the time to do it. Quick side note, I don't know if you guys are into like numerology, but in numerology, I'm in my ninth year, which is like the last year before I enter a new cycle. So my spiritual advisor has said, like, this is the year you drop all the shit because whatever you take into you know the next year you're going to have for nine years, so you better fucking like it. And so I have really taken this on this year and probably had the most shifts, the most, pivoting the most just like nope, doesn't serve me. I'm done with this moments. And that's probably why this shar hasn't felt the greatest because there has been a lot of grieving for me. There has been a lot of ending of chapters of things, and it does it feels like grieving. I'm just like tapping into it right now, and I'm like, it does it feels like. It's why sometimes it's hard to be in excitement and enjoy when you're pivoting because you're literally losing something, but also you know it doesn't serve you anymore. You're going to your next level. You're jumping timelines, and it's really important to honor that. If you continue to entertain these relationships, there's career, you know, there's energy, whatever it's. You know that you're going to be worse off. Like you know it's hard now, but it's going to be harder if you don't let these things go. This is a hard thing, Like pivoting is such a hard thing, and I really understand why so many of us are going through it is like it's the year for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think even aside from like relationships and jobs and friendships, even a lot of people moving countries moving into state this year, big changes, big changes. And I also feel like with pivoting, it can be so hard because so often it's like almost like when you graduate school and all you can think about is the good times.
Speaker 1: I didn't go through that. It was like fank fire, all right, But it's like why is that such a fucking reflection of you as a person.
Speaker 3: It's just like when you leave something, it's so easy to forget all the bad and difficult times.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Almost like rose colored glasses on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's I think also what makes pivoting so much harder because it's like your brain blocks out the reason you're even leaving in the first place, and you convince yourself, oh, it's actually not that bad.
Speaker 4: Maybe I could just stay. It's like, maybe I'll just be fine.
Speaker 1: It's the quote of as humans, we will always pick a familiar hell over an unfamiliar heaven. Oh yeah, we like we always cling to comfort, which is why it is so uncomfortable for us to choose that new option, for us to be bold and change something, to completely pivot. Like, that's why it's so hard. We fucking love comfort. We thrive off it. I feel like this episode is going to be very timely. Probably a lot of you are going to resonate with this. I'm resonating with this. I know an RC community is resonating with this. So the first thing I want you to do, and this is so important, do not bypass this step. You need to sit in a way awareness and not make yourself wrong. Guys, if you go straight to shame guilt, we all know that on like the barometer of vibration's feelings. That is the lowest vibration, and we know nothing good can come from that. Like you know that section that yeah barometer, what would you call that?
Speaker 4: It's the Hawken's Scale of consciousness.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thanks to we know nothing good comes from that. So it's really important to sit in awareness and not make ourselves wrong because guys, the universe is guiding our desires and it is up to us to trust our desires and be okay with change. Guys, if there's one thing you strengthen right now during this period, it is getting comfortable with being uncomfortable. If you strengthen this part of yourself, this is a skill that will benefit you for your entire life. Like I said, you know, we will always cling to a familiar hell rather than an unfamiliar heaven. And we're not doing that because it's just going to keep us stuck. It's not going to serve us. So it's really important to first of all stop not make ourselves wrong. So this what I mean by that is often when we pivot, it doesn't make sense. So an example for me was I had literally done six years of study. I had done my internship, my clerkship, I had literally gone to the court. It's got my fucking little certificate that said I'm a lawyer, got a job as a lawyer. And then I was like, you know what, I'm not gonna do this it logically that is the most illogical decision ever. And so that's why I'm saying, don't make yourself wrong, because often I guarantee you, you know, it's the partner that you maybe are not feeling the love for. You're like, you know, but he's so nice, he buys me gifts, he's my family loves him. My family. Yeah, like, it's logically not going to make sense. Now, I need you to put that in a little container beside you, because it's just not how it works. You need to This is coming up for a reason, and the more you suppress it, the more that you are basically gonna fuck yourself up in the future. Anytime you suppress emotions, they are going to come out in toxic ways in the future, in unpredictable self sabotaging ways. So it's really important to honor these feelings and not suppress them.
Speaker 3: And they just it's so interesting that you say that, because it can be any emotion, not just anger or resentment or anything. It could be even anxiety or a little bit of sadness. But if you almost like think about putting I don't know, if someone locked you behind a door and they're not letting you out to just say how you feel, you're gonna get work and worse and worse and louder and louder and louder until they open the door for you. Whereas if they just let you speak in the first place, you would have just said what you wanted to say and then gone on with your day. They would have been able to go on with their day. And you have to think of your emotions as the same. Like if you don't let them just say their peace, or like if you don't just let yourself feel them for that minute, two minutes, day, whatever it is, and you just push them in a cupboard, they're just going to get louder and louder and louder, and like you said, just explode out in a really toxic way, and more often than not at the complete wrong time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Always, yeah, and then you get embarrassed and then the cycle repeats. Yeah. I like, if I look back at my past, I've been doing a lot of work this year with me and Tim's relationship. And you know, we've been together since I was seventeen, so fuck like long time, long time. And there was at the start of our relationship, Tim did not communicate at all. He he came from a family who did not communicate. I came from a family who communicated. We just didn't talk about our feelings. So like, yeah, every night we'd speak at dinner, We had like good communication, we just like didn't talk about our feelings, if that makes sense. But Tim literally came like they didn't fucking talk. He was literally mute. So I'm not even joking it yet. And so I really struggled in moments in our relationship because I didn't have the tools to communicate and express myself and because he didn't always feel like a safe place to express myself, because when I did, it would come out in these like really you know, toxic over you know, over expressive ways because I like built up I had not let them out, and then I would explode. And then because he'd never like dealt with that, he wouldn't know how to deal with it, he would make me wrong, and the whole cycle would continue. Yeah, and so we have been doing and you know, we've come such a long way, We've been doing a lot of work on it. But this year I just had so much awareness of what happens when you suppress your feelings and you don't have the tools to communicate and articulate yourself and that sort of thing, And oh my god, it's just like, now I look back, it's so simple to me, but at the time it was literally I just like didn't have the tools. But that's like one of the biggest things is like learning how to express yourself and honor your feelings and not suppress them. Because even if you think you've suppressed this desire and you're like, no, I'll stay with my partner like he's perfect, blah blah blah, it is going to boil and boil, boil, And then maybe it's going to come up in yeah, like a really toxic way. Maybe you're going to act in a way that you aren't really like, that isn't aligned with your values, and it's like you then turn into this person and you're like, what is happening? But it's because you haven't honored that initial and you haven't trusted that anyway. That was a big grant so as always, and I truly believe when something doesn't light you up anymore, like I truly believe we are meant to have joy and love in this life. So when something doesn't light you up anymore, it's, you know, the universe, your higher self. They're trying to tell you something. They're trying to tell you that there is another path available for you. It's basically creating space for something better to come in. So when your desires shift, your literal navigation shifts, and you're shifting timelines. Maybe it's a small tweak, but maybe it's a big tweak. It's kind of like I love talking about this from the perspective of navigation of you know, when you get in your car and you put on Apple Maps and you do the location and you just trust Apple Maps to get you there correct. Yeah, and then sometimes it's like you can go this way and save sixteen minutes and you're like, yeah, it's done, or it takes you through and there's fucking traffic and you're like, Apple Maps, what are you doing? But anyway, you trust it. Yeah. I don't ever like question I don't ever question it. And that's what I truly believe with these moments and your desires, even if and this has happened, like Apple Maps is like taking you this really random way, and you're like, that's weird, but also I'm gonna trust it. And then you realize you bypass fifteen minutes of traffic, you're like, exactly, thank you, appreciate you. That is like the same vibe with intuition and trusting this pivot and this shift. That's how I want you to look at it. So for this rest of this episode, I just kind of want to give you some reasons because the biggest thing with this pivot and this shift is no one can know truly what you need to do accept you. So like when we have, you know, questions in the Facebook group like should I leave my partner, I'm like, I can't make that decision. Please don't let me make that decision. Only you can make it. So this episode isn't going to be me telling you what to do. I have just brainstormed basically reasons why this shift, why this pivot may be coming up, and I want you to really feel into your intuition and feels like, oh I'm resonating with that or I'm not, and I just wanted to give you guys some like options and some things to think about, because again, you like you already know you just need to trust yourself and you need to like ruminate in it. So that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: I think what's important in this exercise to remember is asking yourself if you feel like you need to pivot because your intuition is telling you, or if you feel like you need to pivot because you're being challenged at something, because I think so sometimes, especially like maybe in a work sense or something, someone will go, I've had enough. I want to leave my job. It's not filling me up anymore. And that's fine because that can happen. But sometimes people are almost reacting to something, or maybe they're not feeling as good, but it's more of an internal shift that they need to make to then be able to feel good again. Or like in a relationship, they might not be putting as much effort in and expecting their partner to pick up the slack, but then their partners not, so they go, oh, I want to leave because they're not doing these things for me. But always just orditing yourself and being objective and going are my expectations reasonable, am, I is there something I need to shift here before you go ahead and make the decision to pivot, so that when you pivot, you feel really, really secure on yourself. So it's always important to like connect with yourself and actually know where you are properly before you like go through and decide to leave something.
Speaker 1: I think that's such a great point, a tear of I love this concept I've really been leaning in too lately is taking ownership. So it's like, again, you know, we can often be like, well this person isn't meeting my needs or this job as shit now, but again checking with yourself and seeing where you may need to take ownership. Yeah, because again, like you said it here, it is, you know, really important of connecting with yourself and being really honest. Yeah, because sometimes we love to blame other people. We love to blame it's easier, so much easier. And I think if you make a decision out of being in fear scarcity, blaming other people, feeling like a victim, that is not the right way to make a decision. That's even like people ask me the question about how do you know if it's your intuition at talking or your fear. So basically, if it's the fear and anxiety, it is literally going to feel like scarcity. And so, like the example I would give is like, you know, if you have this weird thing of like you jump in a car and you get like a vision of like crashing or something like that, and you're like, Oh, is this my intuition or is this like fear scarcity. So the way that I know is intuition feels grounded and it's like this really voice in the back of my head that's like it just feels like a voice and a nudge, whereas fear and anxiety feels like heart racing, it feels like, oh my god, if I don't do this thing, this will happen. It's like this, it's urgency, whereas intuition it feels calm and grounded and literally like someone's just like whispered something to me. And that's how I know the difference between it. And it's really interesting. I've actually heard other people talk about this, but intuition for me literally comes from the back of my head coming forward. I don't know if you've ever felt this sensation where's anxiety, scarcity and fear comes from literally like a racing heart and this like vibe of my body closing up. And that's how I know the difference.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting. My intuition is very similar. It's almost like, you know, when you're like walking out the door, your mom's like, don't forget your jacket. That's what my intuition is like, It's like, don't forget. Yeah, and then anxiety is very much like.
Speaker 1: Your world is about to end.
Speaker 3: You need to fully stre sad and yeah, yeah, I'm the exact same.
Speaker 1: So good, and that's how you can tell the difference. But all right, let's just get in some reasons. So a reason why this shift could be coming is you have reached an upper limit. Oh I love this concept so basically, and so this is interesting. So what can happen? And there's this whole book about it. Let me actually get up the book. I actually haven't read the book, but I've heard it's really good. My girlfriend has read the book. The book is The Big Leap by Gay Hendrix.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, you haven't mentioned this before.
Speaker 1: Yes, So basically, in he talks about this concept of the upper limit where when things are going too good and basically, our nervous system is gets so uncomfortable that it basically self sabotages because it's like, no, something has to be wrong. And this is because our nervous systems are conditioned from when we're one to seven. Your nervous system doesn't feel safe when things are getting too good. So this could be from childhood or like think of fucking every movie ever where it's like things are going good and then something bad happens. Yeah, And so again, our nervous systems don't know how to regulate or feel comfortable when things are feeling good. So again this is like a check in, could you be self sabotaging? Could you actually get comfortable with how things are going? And again you're gonna like you're going to straight away. This is gonna be yes or no. Yeah. And if you do tend to do things like things are going really good and then you self sabotage, I highly recommend you read the book because my girlfriend tended to do that and she read the book and it was like life changing for her. And again it's because like she had a lot of situations growing up where when things got good, then bad things would happen. Yeah, And so her nervous system literally wouldn't let her be comfortable with things getting good?
Speaker 3: Well, it's almost because you're anxious waiting for the other shooter drop correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so check in with that reason, because again, let's not self sabotage hereh Yeah, things good, enjoy it? Okay. So another thing could be you're not making progress. So this could be like I want you guys to think about, like you know, things aren't moving forward, blocks are coming up, or maybe it's like you don't feel worthy, like losing spark and momentum in a relationship, in a goal, in a career is just information.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, don't make it mean something. Can you bring your bring awareness and really be like, what's happening here? Has my passion shifted? Have things changed? Am I interested in this thing anymore? Have I not been showing up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And those are like some good things to think about. Like, and the reason for not making progress could be simply that you're out of alignments, like maybe your values have shifted. Maybe you've like realized that you're doing things for the wrong reason. I actually not actually, but it's really funny. I used to make goals off really the sheer like ego basis of like, well, I just want to achieve this thing because it's on my vision board or I like, I just want this thing. And it made me achieve a lot of things, Like creating goals in that way made me achieve a lot of things at a very young age that I'm super proud of. Yeah, but also it was not sustainable, and I now make my goals in such a different way because it only got me so far. And then anytime I would try and make a goal like that, it literally felt like an ick. It felt like I was like, oh, this just isn't serving me, Like I'm not motivated in this way anymore. And that's another thing, is I'm not making how I used to make goals bad. Yeah, because that served me in that period. I just transcended that structure and I do things differently, whereas you actually could be the opposite, where maybe you used to really make goals a different way and maybe you need to get more into the very specific goal focused you know, alignment. So that's like a big reason and that's why we really encourage you guys to do do it for your future self at the end or at the start of the year, because often we go twelve months without checking into ourselves, and we are completely off course, we are completely out of alignment. And do it for your future self. It's seven days, seven modules, only thirty minutes, and it's really going to like tap you back into what you actually want, getting clear on what you want and creating goals that actually align with you rather than these like just random things that you plucked out of nowhere, or like you saw a friend do or you saw someone on Instagram do, because again, it's not going to be sustainable, you're not going to actually find fulfillment.
Speaker 3: Something I noticed to do it for your future self as well. I did it twice this year, the beginning of the year and then when we did our little media reset and the shift I'd seen just in that six months in what the goals I had set at the beginning of the year were first six months.
Speaker 1: Later, they were very different.
Speaker 3: I realized the goals that I had set the beginning of the year wasn't actually exactly what I wanted. I didn't quite have that clarity yet, but then I had it more MIDI year, but I just went, gosh, if I had just checked in with myself three months into the year, I probably would have been able to make this pivot sooner. And I think that's another thing I've learned this year is like it's not so much about setting.
Speaker 4: A goal and needing to.
Speaker 3: Achieve it, to prove, to prove to yourself you can set it, but more about consistently checking in with yourself and pivoting and working towards whatever feels good at that time. Because every body's journey isn't get this goal, then you get the next one, then you get the next one. You might actually go a complete roundabout different way to someone else and achieve other things that are different to them and not what you thought you'd achieve, but still get to the end destination you want to be at.
Speaker 1: Mmmm. That's so powerful.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: That's like I went back to my do a few future self goals and I had like a random goal in there that it's like run five kilometers under thirty minutes, and I literally was just like, that is the most randomest thing, Georgia. And I think it's because all the girls in the office were talking about running and like health goals, and like health goals used to be such a big part of my life, and that not that they aren't. I just see it very holistically now. And it's so interesting because I had a moment of reflection to be like, oh wow, that was such an ego goal from a very like not integral place because it's almost like I felt like I had to put a health goal in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just about to say that, like you probably just thought, gosh, I don't have a health goal on your work.
Speaker 1: Can I pull out of the hat? And I yeah, sorry. I was like, that is so random because I like would have written that and then just forgotten about it the next day and didn't do anything to like work towards it. And that's even again, it was such a good reflection to be like, oh wow, I've kind of like transcended those health goals like that. It's like my health goal now, I'm like, oh, I want to do exercise. I really enjoy it and have lots of fun. Like what a difference. Yeah, and like so big, Such a good reflection for that too, And that's that's even another thing. So let's talk a little bit about my health journey. You guys know, like I started off in the health space, I very much did like the really really hard like it was disordered eating. Let's be honest, disordered eating and like working out twice a day, like really full on. And it's because I had certain health goals and I could sustain those for a certain amount of time. But then like my I remember, like my body literally gave way, like I started getting hormone balances. I like had all these issues. And that's kind of such a good story for like the universe, Like it will allow you to somewhat go off on random paths of like ego goals and whatnot, but then there will get a point where you simply cannot do it anymore, and the universe is gonna like nudge me, like come on, dude, like come back onto your path. Yeah, and so again we need to like listen to these moments and tap into them. Okay, So this is another thing. I've just got a couple of questions because I think sometimes and this is almost to do with the upper limit, but I think, like our subconscious we know, runs the show. So I think it's something ridiculous, like we have like seventy thousand thoughts. I'm gonna butcher this quote quote, so don't actually quote me on this. It's like we have seventy thousand thoughts, and it's like, I think a good seven percent of them are just like re like thoughts that we just like don't even consciously think, they just are repeated. Wow, So we just like we're constantly we're constantly an autopilot. So again I want you to maybe think any like sub like you could ask yourself and this is really great if you've done like meditation and journaling and really given yourself space. But for example, you need to see what your subconscious is scared of, because again, if we are pivoting and it doesn't make logical sense, it's often because our subconscious is like running the show and to them it makes complete sense, right, But to us consciously, we're like, what is happening? I'm so confused? This is crazy. So like something to think about is like, what bad thing is going to happen if you get your spark back? Whoa you know with that partner? What bad thing has happened?
Speaker 4: Is I believe them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or you might stay you know what, you know, what bad thing is going to happen if you get your spark back in your career? Like when you think of that, are you like, oh my god, I don't want to be in that career that's the worst possible thing or is it the opposite?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you mean that? That's why in this episode I've really said like I can't answer these questions. Yeah, I'm just trying to give you prompts. You could even ask yourself. If I never get my spark back, what bad thing happens?
Speaker 4: You might stay in the relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then what happens? Then we're just cringing, because we're really just cringing, like, like, what are you afraid of? I think this is such a powerful thing because we never ask ourselves these questions. Yeah, it's like, really, if you stay or if you go, think of all the things you're afraid of, because it's really going to shine a light and give you some more evidence of why, Like what is happening with your subconscious Because if you think about it, if your subconscious is in line with your conscious brain, things are in flow, things feel good, things feel in alignment. So when things aren't in alignment, it's because stuff is happening internally that you're not conscious of. Yeah, otherwise you wouldn't be feeling these feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and more often than not, I feel like when people are out of alignment. They don't know what it is. They just go, oh, I just feel a bit off. I'm feeling not quite myself. Yeah, but they can never pinpoint it. But those questions will help you pinpoint exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: It's going to shine a light on what is happening subconsciously. And so I think that is really really important. And I think too is I recently did a TikTok about this. But there also is a lot of power in like I call it, like staying power and holding yourself in uncomfortable situations. So I'm very much about you know, if again, like we're not supposed to feel inflow and good all the time, yeah, because then we would literally stay the same person, we would stay with the same people, We would like stay in the same position. We would not move. And as humans, we are meant to move forward, We're meant to evolve. So if we don't have these off periods, we don't have the nudges, we don't have the redirection. And so this is why when these periods happen for me, I'm like, oh, this is exciting. Yeah, it means a shift is coming. Yeah, it means my next level is coming. And so it's really important during these periods not to freak the fuck out, not to go in victim mentality, not to go and poll all your friends not to go, not to go and like go in this like mental whirlwind where you're like, oh my god, this is the worst popular situation. My life's over and blah blah blah blah. Simply sit, have some holding power where you hold yourself in this uncomfortable feeling, because that's all it is. It's a feeling. You're not gonna die, and ask yourself these questions become aware.
Speaker 3: I almost and this might be a bit weird, but and I know it comes from me sometimes struggling to put boundaries in.
Speaker 4: But that's the story for another day.
Speaker 3: Get quite excited when things quote unquote go a bit wrong, cause it's like, great, here's my excuse to do what I've wanted to do the whole time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, one hundred percent. Well that's like with leaving law. So the like the pinnacle thing that made me leave law because I remember telling the universe, if I'm supposed to be in law and I'm supposed to take this job, I want to because I in my firm, they did all types of laws. But I had worked in family law at that firm for years, and so when I got admitted, I was like, if I'm supposed to be in this job in law, I want to be in the family law team. And so I got the job, but there was no room in the family law team because of budgets and whatnot, so I would have to move into a different area. And that was like the moment where I was like, that's all I needed. I needed that, Like, because again I still had the job. I could still go and do law, but it's almost like having that moment where you're like, oh, that's what I needed. Yeah, I needed that bump, I needed that nudge, and I very much listened to that and then like went off and did my own thing. But that's so true a to here. It's like having those moments where you're like, thank you, Universe, exactly. I needed that, all right, guys. So the last thing I want to touch on if this episode is again, if you are having these moments, basically, it's time to rework your goals. It is time to check in with yourself. It's time to create space. It is the perfect time to do it. If you're listening in real time. In the R and C group, we are all participating and do it for your future self, which is just seven days to basically get clear on who you want to be and what you want for twenty twenty four. So we're doing that all together. It's seven days, only thirty minutes a day, So come and do that if you want to rework and get clear. Also kind of left field, but I want you to take pressure off yourself and I want you to introduce play and joy because in these moments, you are probably not in the highest five because again you're feeling uncomfortable, You're feeling you know, maybe shame, gilt, all those things, and it's really important to look after your energy. So I think what's going to be important during this period is for you to introduce a bit of play and joy and like again, during this period, you're probably thinking it's like life or death. Like you're like, oh my god, this is the biggest decision on my life, and you probably need to lighten up. I say this with so much love, and it's like it could be as simple as taking a break and refreshing, like so many times, well, I actually, let's be really reality. I was going to quit the podcast, like I remember, because I felt so bent out with Ivy. I was like, I can't do this anymore. I'm gonna quit the podcast. And then I just needed to have some time off. Yeah, and then I took a break, and then I was like, why would I ever think that I fucking love the podcast and we could not be here if I was like erratic and I just didn't take some space and time to connect back to myself. So again, I really want you to take some time joy, play, have a break, get refreshed, and then also remember you can always ask for guidance. You can always surrender, ask for guidance, and literally say this affirmation, I'm open to be guided. Open the doors that need to be open, and shut the doors that need to be shut.
Speaker 4: I love that affirmation.
Speaker 1: Say it to yourself, Go on with your day, introduce, play, have a break, and honestly, just like watch what comes. Like we are meant to grow and change and evolve. So this is such a beautiful point that you're in. And I think honestly pivoting. My favorite thing is to pivot, like, like I swear I've lived at least I'm like a cat and I've lived I've lived seven different lifetimes and I'm ready for my new lifetime next year, and I'm gonna pivot again, like you watch me. Next year, I will be different. Yeah, And it's because I know how much magic there is in pivoting and thriving. I also am a manage a managen and that's like what we do. But again, it's like, can you actually get comfortable with this uncomfortableness because there is going to be so much magic?
Speaker 3: I one hundred percent agree. Like for me, the people that advance the fastest in life are flexible.
Speaker 1: Adaptable, and flexible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you have to otherwise you get so stuck. Yet four months down the line you turn around and go, oh, I should have just made that little tweak.
Speaker 1: I always like to think of it in this way, you know, And this is such a stereotype, so forgive me. But it's like, you know, you're like your uncle or dad who's like so stuck in their ways and they don't want to use technology. Yeah, and your dad is it's so simple, this is what you do. You're going to make your life so much easier, and they just refuse, Yeah, because they're not adaptable. Yeah, and that's what happens is our brain does get more comfortable. It doesn't like change, especially that generation. God, they don't like change, and so that's obviously a stereotype. And I get that some dads are great with technology, but it's like and you can see, like, yeah, do just get on the change. It's going to make your life easier. But they can't. They're so stuck in their ways and that's not who you want to be. No, guys, thank you so much for listening. You want to get to a few future self. It's currently fifty percent off. We will put a link in the show notes. It is time to get clear. It is time to know what you actually want and who you want in the year. We're all doing it together, so make sure you join the Facebook group. But we love you so much and we'll see you in the next episode.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseanconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.