Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning Jack, Parting guys, Good morning Patsy. Are we excited about your weekends?
Speaker 4: Jack? What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: I'm playing golf tomorrow, But I have a golf conundrum. My friend booked this package that's like eight people with all the carts and everything paid for, and then as we got closer to the date, he couldn't find eight people to fill the spot. So it's like, oh, it's anyone else got like I ask any friends? So I asked a friend of mine to come and play, Like, all right, he's locked in, he's pumped, and by the time I send that message, he goes, oh nah, all eight spots of field now, So you've got to turn around and tell your mate he's uninvited.
Speaker 4: Oh that's horrible. You've got to stand down at buddy.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: And he was so excited to play. We actually been mean him to play for a lot.
Speaker 4: Well are you playing this weekend? Where it'upposed to be great?
Speaker 2: And this is called Hidden Valley, this golf course in the north of this city, and they what they're famous for, or is it what's called an island green? So on the eighteenth hole, it's a green that's in the middle of a lake and you've got to hit.
Speaker 4: From the hell cold.
Speaker 3: That'd be great fun tomorrow. And Patsy, what are you up to?
Speaker 4: Sweet?
Speaker 1: Going out for dinner with friends tomorrow night, which would be lovely.
Speaker 4: Up to somewhere local Yah, somewhere.
Speaker 1: Local Sons of men are Actually we've booked and that I think they do like a beautiful barbecue sort of you know, long long barbecue, all day sort of meat.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking forward to that this weekend.
Speaker 3: We've got our oldest friends are over, knowing them since we were in our early twenties before kids and all that. They're over visiting Australia for the first time and so their daughter has moved to Sydney. So for ten days they were in Sydney and we kept hearing a lot. It's their first impression of Australia. Oh my god, Sydney's amazing.
Speaker 4: Sydney.
Speaker 3: There's fo We've been to this suburb, we've been to this bay. My wife and I were getting angry, okay and slightly defensive, like you know, really hope that actually they like Melbourne because they wouldn't say anything, but they'd be thinking, oh, why did they move to Melbourne. They should have gone to Shine Sydney that's got the harbor. So anyway, they came last weekend and Melbourne put on a show, fantastic weather. They're into their F one so they went for a wander into the city on Monday. They found the F one fan zone. So that's so far double thumbs up for Melbourne. They're now prefer over Sydney then.
Speaker 4: You god great.
Speaker 3: So we've got Mahaka this week. They've done Great Ocean Road, They've had two nights in lawn. The weather's been great. We're having an unusual summer at the moment, aren't we. It is really really nice. So this weekend we're doing the Bush Rangers Bay.
Speaker 4: Walk down there.
Speaker 3: If you have done that, it's befure down there Cape Shank.
Speaker 2: And if you go early in the morning as well, you see a lot of kangaroos.
Speaker 3: That's what we're hopeful at the middle of the day. Yeah, like any Brits that come over, we just want to see kangaroos in wild. We saw some last weekend and they want to see more. My friends had actually looked like Jiassic Park.
Speaker 4: I went, it's not like kangaroos aren't like Gyassic Park.
Speaker 2: Don't raise that high.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then I'm off to see the D's with their opening round games Sunday. You said that Monday show could be tough, guys, because at the moment it's all potential. But we got the Giants, and obviously Giants were incredible last weekend.
Speaker 4: But no, nothing really counts. It was round zero, all right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next time we get into this week's Double thumbs Up. This is where I met Jack and Pats go around the team when we talk about the things that we're enjoying at the moment.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Every Friday, in the first half an hour, we do a thing called double thumbs Up where we go around the team and tell me about the things we're enjoying at the moment. If you want to chip in with what you're reading, watching, whatever it is streaming at the moment, let me know. Text in four seven, five three, one oh four three for.
Speaker 4: Me this week.
Speaker 3: Really enjoying a brilliant new TV show called Paradise. It's on Disney. Plus it's a political thriller. It's a who Done It that's smart and got heart as well.
Speaker 4: Same guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you ever short saw a show that ran for a couple of seasons. It was brilliant called This is Us.
Speaker 4: It was huge tears.
Speaker 3: Yeah that one, yeah, that one, yeah, yeah yeah, every episode in tiers.
Speaker 4: Brilliant show called This is Our.
Speaker 3: Same creator and writer of that doing Paradise, which is very very good. And then a very quick documentary on Netflix which is half an hour called The Only Girl in the Choir about the first woman to join the New York Filarwmonarct Orchestra. It's an amazing half our watch, really inspirational, great story as well.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be more Half our doctors.
Speaker 3: Such a perfect paid off in thirty minutes. It's great. Yeah, really really good. Only Girl in the Orchestra, it's very very good. That's on Netflix. The Christian O'Connell show podcast every Friday.
Speaker 4: The start of the show, then we do a thing called double thumbs Up.
Speaker 3: This is where we talk about the shows or the things that are lighting us up at the moment. If you've got something that you want to share, with us might new TV show whatever it is for you please you can text the show four seven five three one oh four three Patsy, what have.
Speaker 4: You been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: On stand ten pound palms.
Speaker 1: The second series has just dropped and we loved the first series.
Speaker 5: I love a period drama.
Speaker 1: This is about Australia and you know, the poems immigrating out, incredible stories and just the hardships that they faced and what you know, a snapshot of what Australia was at the time, and just the racism and just the hardship of even just securing housing and jobs.
Speaker 5: And all that they sort of all the flak that they caught do. We absolutely adore it.
Speaker 1: And I think the difference with this series from the first one is that there's this it feels like this renewed confidence from the cast, like they're really settled into the series and they're more it's like they're more confident and just sort of set in what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 1: It's beautifully shot and it's just fantastic.
Speaker 5: It's on stand.
Speaker 4: We do it.
Speaker 1: And the other thing, we went to the movies the other day and saw Paddington in Peru.
Speaker 3: The going to see it next week with my two daughters, right, you know, genuinely I love the Palatine movies.
Speaker 4: Paddington two. I mean this. People think I'm joking. So this is in my top ten movie. I love.
Speaker 2: To Gordy to his first ever movie at the cinemas and they went saw, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it good?
Speaker 1: I loved the little goes all the way out there he goes to find his aunt. Oh my god, I was missing, yes, missing, but it's all good. In the the thing about it, there's a really strong undertone of you know, kids spreading their wings.
Speaker 5: You'll really.
Speaker 4: Need world, you will. It was banged up for a crime. He didn't give me.
Speaker 2: The second that it's Paddington an adult Buriers child.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a child. It's a child.
Speaker 5: But there's a line in the movie and.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't stay imprue.
Speaker 3: Does he coming next Wednesday night?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: The line in the movie where the mom says, it's just what happens, and when you see it you will get the context of it.
Speaker 5: And I just said, tears in the context of it.
Speaker 4: They've time. I don't need this in it, just what happens.
Speaker 5: But home is always where the heart is.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. In my Peru.
Speaker 3: You know, the kids got me for for Christmas. They chipped and they got me a little toy Paddington by my computer desk. But if I go and see it next when it's sad, I'm going to have him face in the other way. I can't have him looking at me. Reminded me that he's left home as well.
Speaker 4: You got Paddington anymore?
Speaker 2: You love it, well, then you might know this. I've never seen Paddington's so I don't know the context. But since seeing it, Gordy started to put his sandwich in his heart.
Speaker 4: He's got over his head.
Speaker 5: And Antonio Banderas is in this one.
Speaker 1: And Olivia Coleman, who is always fantastic.
Speaker 4: Plays she should be in every show.
Speaker 5: She's so good.
Speaker 3: Must be the agent in the world because whatever thing is, she just elevates.
Speaker 5: Every rock gold. Yeah, you'll love it.
Speaker 3: It's brilliant to see it. Jackie boy, what have you enjoyed this week?
Speaker 2: We're still watching White Lotus. Honestly ten out of ten it's been my favorite show.
Speaker 4: Of the year.
Speaker 2: And then we're still watching a whole lot of nature documentaries with Gordy because.
Speaker 4: We had great It's like wholesome TV.
Speaker 2: I used to watch The Simpsons with him, and now Banker said, all right, he's old enough now to know what's inappropriate and that's got to stop. So it's nature documentaries now. But yesterday it was two seals attacking each other and you know, it got pretty violent, so we've had to turn that off even.
Speaker 3: And what is Gordy like when he sees stuff like that, because some of those nature documentaries are heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: Underwater, but he loves anything underwater at the moment, and he's so much so that like he even wants the ugly old anglerfish. Have you seen those things? Yes, a look at the bottom of the ocean. He even feels empathy for the angler Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That's great. And he loves Paddington. Christian Connell Show podcast