Speaker 1: Well here we are finally. Good to see you, Gordon, I don't believe you. Good to see you, Pavle, good to see Are you being sponsored by that that dinosaur brand with the walking stick?
Speaker 2: Yes, you wear that a lot. No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, just did you just go into that store and just buy a whole heap of ship and just go this?
Speaker 2: I'll do it just fits my beautiful body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your zeke, your your glistening pecks that wouldn't look out of place on a yacht in the Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: Guilty is charged speaking? Which I was there recently? Were you? Yeah? Colus enough, I was in Nice. It was quite nice. And where it is you've been sitting on that ever? Come back? You want to?
Speaker 1: You on some sort of boat surround by an electric boat. Fat kind of European men with you.
Speaker 2: Know we Australian man. That was other murtoring journealists. No Tremor was there. Yeah, that's it. It wouldn't be buoyant with him on it. No, just kidding.
Speaker 3: No, we were there for the porchum car launch, which we'll talk about soon.
Speaker 2: But we're on an electric boat.
Speaker 3: So this was basically a boat that runs a porschem of carn motor and one hundred kilo what our battery?
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: And if you thought that electric cars were not great for long distance driving, how about an electric boat which we left the harbor with fifty percent literally fanged around in this just outside nice for I reckon ten to fifteen minutes maximum and it was down to twenty five percent and he had to put it in range mode to get hited back to the Oh god.
Speaker 1: So it's funny when man at Carr manufacturers do boats. Lamborghini's got a boat. Yeah, the Lambo Boat's call though. Yeah, that is cool. That looks something straight out about man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of my friends has two of them because you can in one frames. But this, this Porsche boat is it's more designed as a tender, so a little bitch boat for a bigger boat. So I guess that kind of makes sense, and it means you can every boat. Harbor has three phase charging, so it's easy to charge it.
Speaker 1: But I love how someone thought water and electricity. That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Fucking do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wowe oh you know what, I you know what I did have a cheeky crack at that bloody Toyota b f z X whatever, the one that sounds like Elon Musk's kid, but that one.
Speaker 2: So you've been in this, right, you've been in this car.
Speaker 3: I can't see the speeder. Yeah yeah, yeah, So I don't know if that's just a mean thing. I think it's a you thing, you and your weird shaped head.
Speaker 1: I actually thought of that when when I sat in there, I'm like, what's Paul talking about? Like the head's up display looks all right. I think it sort of depends on how you maneuver it. But it was such a it's a confusing car that it's really confusing because it's what it's Toyota's first EV and it's actually the one I was in was top spec, well appointed, looks really quite plush in the outside. I mean it's like Toyota every now and then do this gimmecky sort of car design.
Speaker 2: It's eighty thousand dollars. That's my only issue with it.
Speaker 1: If it was a cheap, cheerful forty to fifty k, you kind of go, eh.
Speaker 2: Eighty k. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you where it makes sense. It makes sense in the entry level front will drive version. And the reason that car I think, Like, to me, I don't think it's an amazing ev but the market for them is Toyota customers. So it's someone who drives a camera that wants an electric car, and it is literally just an electric camera.
Speaker 2: You get into it and it's Toyota.
Speaker 3: There's buttons for everything, it does all the Toyota stuff that you expect it to do. It's just very safe, conservative Toyota. So to me it could actually do. Okay, I personally wouldn't buy one. I don't think it has the tech that I want out of it. I can't see the speedo, which kind of important. But yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: I'll be interested to see how it goes for them. Yeah. Is it the same platform as that Subaru that they're bringing out, Yes, the yeah Solterra yep.
Speaker 1: I think the only difference that that's going to have is they'll rip out any interior that looks remotely interesting and just dumb it down, because the sol Terra interior shots were pretty plain. But yeah, look, I thought it was a good car.
Speaker 2: Like it drives. I think it drives great.
Speaker 1: I think it looks interesting, but the price tag blows my mind, Like, especially in that market, I mean.
Speaker 2: Sure, what are you gonna buy? You're gonna buy.
Speaker 1: You're spending eighty thousand dollars on something that you think is quality, you know what I mean, it's a brand name.
Speaker 3: Here's the biggest issue for them. Just when was it three or four days ago? Tesla dropped their prices massively. So let me quickly run through this because this is going to be Toyota's biggest headache because.
Speaker 2: Because now let me open this up. He's opening up his ass. Guys, he's not talking about anything here. We want said, just get rid of your shit all over a car brand. Here we go, Okay, here we go. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Tesla has just dropped their prices again. And to put it into context.
Speaker 2: Model three now starts at fifty eight thousand, nine hundred dollars, which is the cheapest it's ever been.
Speaker 3: Cheapest Tesla Model Y sixty nine hundred, which again is the cheapest it's ever been for the price of or similar price to that top spec BZ four X. You're getting significantly more Tesla and you can even stretch to a model wide performance for eighty two nine hundred. So this is a huge price reduction. So if you compare it to the peak, So it peaked to just after Model Y came out at seventy two three hundred start price. It's now sixty nine hundred, so twelve thousand dollars cheaper. So Tesla is definitely trying to compete with its other Chinese manufactured siblings, and the I guess the side effects of that are going to be anyone that has gone and bought any of these other evs that are now significantly more expensive than the Tesla. The other thing that that Tesla hasn't really thought maybe they have thought about and they just don't care, is people that are trying to now.
Speaker 2: Sell these because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was going to ask with the Toyota, because the depreciation on evs is terrible, but a Toyota being a Toyota, they kind of hold their value, okay.
Speaker 3: And Toyota's selling a lot of these on leases. They're not really trying to push a driveway price. They're trying to push a lease that means they just take it back at the end of it and then who knows what they're going to do with it then. But the interesting thing here is if you took out a novated lease with a model y at its peak, your car on a two year ovated lease is going to be coming up for it's residual and balloon that for me is forty three thousand dollars. So at the moment, if your balloon is forty three thousand dollars and a brand new one is sixty thousand dollars, you're going to be on the second hand market at about between forty and fifty grand. I just think, I don't know that a lot of people are going to be buying these secondhand, and that is going to push the price of them down even more as people try and panic sell because they want to meet their balloon payment. And if you have a look at a lot of the instant offer people on the internet. So at car Expert, we've got an instant offer thing. Car Sales has an instant off a thing. They're all offering high thirties for the model. Why at the moment, wow, I just speak, it is going to be grim. And that's why people who ran into this novated least thing thinking oh well, I'll save money on my tax and all this sort of stuff, they're going to get the shock of their life when it comes to the balloon payment and not being able to sell the car for anywhere near the balloon payment and then being under So if that is you, email us contact at the Dryshow dot com today. What do you think about Tesla taking you know, twelve grand off the price of this thing that you bought that hasn't changed at all.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Tesla, what I saw drive around Sydney yesterday. They decided to sneak in a cyber truck.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit cheeky and you know what they did, just not not trying to get too much attention.
Speaker 2: They drove it to Bondai and parked a.
Speaker 1: Bit park it parked at a Bondai and they did park it at the shopping mall in Double Bay.
Speaker 2: Now that whole area is quite affluent, and it looked so out of it.
Speaker 1: Just there's something about the cyber truck, maybe because they haven't been here, but you know what it is, It looks so out of place in Australian roads.
Speaker 2: It is it is. This is going to sound creepy, but it is the guy that goes to the children's playground in a trench coat. It's you. It has nothing on underneath them open to his trench car. It's the shock that is the most amazing compots.
Speaker 1: You know what, This car is like a pedophile, That's what it's like. This car's like a guy who owns a trampoline but doesn't have kids, but.
Speaker 2: It's one of those people who just wants shock factor. Right.
Speaker 3: That is what the car is about, and that is why it will be short lived in terms of its popularity, because if you're the first to have one, everyone's like, oh, well, look at this thing.
Speaker 2: But I think it will end up being like the what was the as Tech Pontiac Oh yeah, yeah, Pontiac Aztek, the car out of Breaking Bad.
Speaker 3: It just looks like that, which at the time would have been like, oh wow, I've got a Pontiac as tick. It's look at me now. You look at and you're like, oh, it's a Pontiac as Tech. I think that's what the cyber truck is going to end up being, because I think it looks cool now and cool in the sense that it's different to everything else. I can't see it being a longer term thing. It's in Australia, where people were asking why is it in Australia, Right, It's probably in Australia to test software and hardware. So they actually brought out a model ess plaid played a little while back, which we don't get here and we won't be getting here, and they brought that out to do some testing.
Speaker 2: Typically, if they're testing.
Speaker 3: New cameras, for example, they want to check that it works with our road signs, and they might roll those cameras out into the Model three and the Model Y, which we do get in Australia.
Speaker 2: Interesting though, that they did that with a cyber truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look at you get two things out of it. One, you get to drive up interest. Tesla sales are declining that they're having big issues as a company in terms of hitting targets and selling cars. Second part is you know, if you bring it around here, everyone wants to go get a photo with it. And next to it, conveniently is a Model three and a Model Y. So I think they'll end up probably doing a bit of a road show tour around the country with it just to get that interest up.
Speaker 2: But who does.
Speaker 1: There is a picture of it parked at Double Bay. Oh god, just in my cyber truck trying to fight a car park because I'm late for plarties.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got to meet up for cappuccinos with the girls. Lander two. That is as a fat little bagger, isn't that. Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, look at it's right up against the curb and it's sticking sticking out, so it's a big old thing.
Speaker 2: Can't see it coming here? I just can't. Well, it won't be coming here.
Speaker 3: And I'll explain why they build it only in Texas and currently they have a huge order bank in the States for it. Their production is incredibly low like that. They haven't figured out how to actually mass produce it yet, so they're going to be figuring out the States for quite some time before they even look at anything.
Speaker 2: In right hand drive. What is that? That's a hememache on the back of a I know why you're sitting at a patrol Yeah, this and via patrol Warrior. That's just because you can want to know anyway. Anyway, the key ut right? What is it called the Tasman or some Tasman?
Speaker 1: So the ad dropped, which we forgot to talk about, but I'll bring it up now. I think everyone I think it's some bloody clever advertising. I think it's it's fantastics x Yeah, it's really well done. The problem is, I'm not the sportiest bloke in the world.
Speaker 2: I didn't know who the fucking of them were. Ash Barji, Yeah, it's like ash Barti. Is she the one that sailed solo around the world? Which run?
Speaker 1: She?
Speaker 2: It wasn't that the guy in anyway.
Speaker 3: So apparently they filmed that in Bondai at a pub. Yeah, over a couple of days.
Speaker 2: The Bondo pub. Yeah, it was filmed in Bondo Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I was actually asking someone about this. I thought, this is an expensive ad. If you have to get that many celebrities.
Speaker 2: Please wend All Sailor's in it. That's his first gig in quite sometimes who that is? But I was at the Sailor the one that went around Yeah probably.
Speaker 3: So yeah, And apparently what happened was they got a couple of big names on board, and when the people they approached her that the big names were on board, they wanted to be involved as well, So it ended up becoming a fomo thing. Yeah, they weren't all there at the same time, but they look like they were. So it's a clever campaign because this is a big deal for Kea and if you look at Australia for KEA where home of the Australian Open. Obviously they're a global sort of partner of that event, so Keia Global spends a lot of money here, so that means that KEA Australia benefits from the advertising, the cars that they have to buy to run the event, et cetera. And the ute is going to be we will probably be the primary market for that vehicle unless it goes to the States as well, and they're putting a lot of effort into right and handling tuning here. Australia has had a lot of involvement in the development work for that car. What we do know and we've just put a video up on car Expit about this, we do know that it won't have V six so it'll only be four cylinder. There is an electric ute coming, but it may not be coming to Australia, so that's due to be launched next year.
Speaker 2: Four cylinder. Could this be a hybrid, No, just diesel, straight diesel.
Speaker 3: Currently their only four cylinder diesel is like four hundred and forty ut meters, so it is pretty piss week. If they do want it to compete, it'll need to be the or seventy to match Triton or five hundred to match Ranger and high Lux, so that they're the things that they have.
Speaker 2: To focus on. The design. I don't know if you've seen it, but it's interesting looking. I don't hate it, Okay, I don't hate it. I think it looks all right. It looks good.
Speaker 3: So we had our guy do some sort of renders based on all of the spy photos we've had so far, and this is what he's come up with.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what do you think? It's just showed me some Butcher's paper and crayon drawing geese. Your guy must be really good. I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it looks good. The headlights yeah, vertical, yeah, I think that. I think they're a little bit more square on the real thing, aren't they.
Speaker 2: No, this is this is the okay, look like right? Well, yeah, I think it looks good. I think it looks good. Interesting. Well.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, I'll shit on a car, literally I did. I did want on yours on downstairs. Unfortunately it wasn't actually yours tops car.
Speaker 2: The key I'm excited for it. I'm excited. You know what the care you could even be my new car. Oh watch out you, you tray to you.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm getting a bit itchy. I'm getting a bit itchy. I'm getting some new car fields.
Speaker 2: I'm currently kind of going, I think of only.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've really taken the out back to the art back and beyond.
Speaker 2: I mean it's dark. You would if it wouldn't run out of fuel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to the edge of s We're still bloody, averaging twelve twelve leaders per one hundred k's something weird.
Speaker 2: Do you know what else I noticed about it too?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's got front sensors, like parking senses doesn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it has risk senses either. Nah, it's got a camera, yeah, and that's about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other day I was like, this car doesn't have front parkers. That's a screaming noise. Yeah, Oh that's my key. What's her a handbag on the bottom. Oh that's my wife. What's going on? Oh? Well, their fault, not mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No. The other day I was like, I'm going to test this. This definitely doesn't have senses. And we're at our house.
Speaker 1: We've got one of those those gates, you know, that electronically open with the driveway, and so I'm just kind of like, before I do this, I'm just going to give it a little bit of a Yeah. It definitely doesn't give it a nudge. Yeah, yeah, definitely doesn't have fucking senses.
Speaker 2: What I've learned from this is not to buy a car from Gordy. Yes, it's going to be on the second hand market very soon.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know, to be honest with you, I'll probably still keep it because I think I stand by It still drives great, just choose up the fuel a little bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm starting to shop around, start to shop around.
Speaker 1: Maybe I could be looking at one of the cars that we're sort of going to be talking about later on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on. Oh, We'll just going to give you a little bit of a sneak. Yeah, okay. Well I drove the BYD Seal Performance oh wow, and I freaking loved it. Interesting, I did. I really, I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: The problem, which we'll get into, but the problem with a lot of these cheap performance evs, and I mean seventy thousand dollars is not you know, but it's not exactly MGX power.
Speaker 2: Cheap which is like what fifty.
Speaker 1: They tend to drive fast, obviously in a straight line, and then the handling on them is just generally rubbish. This handles brilliantly. So well, it's such a smooth car. And yeah, it's got the speed when you need it too. It's tucked away there, so we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 2: But get you some tissue paper for that gushing, just to clean it up. What do you need? That's some tissues for your gushing?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. She just took that. Someone's been on Born Harbor bit too much. God, something's front of mind. Hey, some cars that have been dropping lately, the new lambou Urus was it the s Yeah, top of my head?
Speaker 2: V eight hybrid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, I'm plugging hybrid now listen. Can we just take one second before anything else? Is it just me or a plug in? Hybrids just a bit shit in terms of just a pain.
Speaker 2: In the ass.
Speaker 3: So yes, yeah, well, especially when they're half a million dollars and you're just adding weight to this thing. Know, the vight engine is augmented by an electric motor, so it adds one hundred and forty kilo. What's a power four hundred and eighty new meters of talk. The problem is that it's integrated into the eight speed auto, and every car I've driven now that has a plug in hybrid integrated into an eight speed automatic transmission hasn't been great because unlike a Toyota hybrid, for example, where you have a CVET or you know, it's not actually a CVT, but something that's designed like a CVET, you're getting instant talk because you're not waiting for this thing to figure out which gear it needs to be in. When it's integrated with the transmission, the electric motor doesn't do anything until the transmission is in gear effectively, so when you go to step on the throttle, there's still momentary ladag.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I don't know. To me, yeah, it seems fine.
Speaker 3: But they tend to and obviously haven't driven it, but they tend to work better once you actually have an electric motor that can operate independently of everything so that you can actually get that initial surge of talk, and then once the engine's ready to get then sort of picks up the balance.
Speaker 1: It just feels like it like to fill something up with petrol and to plug it in as well.
Speaker 2: Just that alone on any car I just find just pointless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I think this will end up feeling a bit like the BMWXM and that is just not a great car.
Speaker 2: Like it's fast, yes, but it's just a bit complicated and annoying to drive. So I understand why they're doing this.
Speaker 3: Obviously the Volkswagen Group needs to move towards electrification. But to me, I would just be buying a regular Urus. And you know what, we actually have just filmed a new drag racing series. We're filmed in regional Wa and one of the cars we used was Anenorus perform Ante that you can only buy if you've bought the CNSA SCV twelve. So that is all no plug in hybrid stuff in that, and it is so much fun to drive, so you don't need the plug in hybrid.
Speaker 2: You know. It's yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what else has dropped? Oh haal have been dropping a few little bits and pieces. I know we've got quite a few. Haveal fans? Have we have apparently who listens to this podcast apparently.
Speaker 3: Have a look at them, then huh, have a look at them, then have a look at what the fans look at them? Then Okay, the cars, I'll make the jacks bro.
Speaker 2: What about that they've called it the havel wrapped there you go. We should swap your wraptor out for a havel rap.
Speaker 1: I might have to one hundred and forty five kilometers of electric range. Speaking of feathers, super cute not on a half from Fee fee feather Neck. I don't know that's a radio show here in Melbourne. This is me just me doing the old play on words.
Speaker 2: And why Melbourne? Is that because you're national?
Speaker 3: Now national guys, Brizzy, Sydney.
Speaker 2: And min Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Actually, you know what I noticed with our merch drop that I decided to tease the people with we.
Speaker 2: Went out of extra large very quick. Did Donna just take them?
Speaker 1: Donna took four and just sewed him into a bed sheets? Yes, you don't want to know about Donna's bed sheets. We should give her a call later. You should check in with Donna latter.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good idea. I think that's a great idea. We'll check in with Donal later. What else?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wanted to get your thoughts on the Porsche McCarn ev because I remember seeing the press photos when they dropped this. Press photos are an interesting I'd love to talk to somebody who does press photos for these car companies one day, because I feel like they can make or break something like in terms of a McCann or there's been so many cars where the BMWM two. When I saw pictures of that, the press photos of that, I thought it was the most hideous looking thing ever. But then when you get in it and you see it, and you know, when you actually see it in the flesh, it looks so much better, like when you're standing in front of it. But yeah, the mccarne v. I mean, technically there shouldn't be too much difference styling wise, but I thought it looked a little bit boring the way Porsche announced this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look so I have the chance to drive it in in France at the launch and okay, so let's start with the styling. So it definitely looks good in person. That's great, except if you get the taxi yellow color they have, which looked pretty awful. The thing is with this McCann, the McCann is fifty percent of Porsche's volume.
Speaker 2: It saved Porsche, so they're.
Speaker 3: Going to go and take the car that saved them and the car that accounts for half of their sales, and they're killing the internal combustion version. They've increased the price significantly, so it now starts at one hundred and thirty three plus on roads, and that is before you even add one option to it. Started it under one hundred Previously, the McCann Turbo, which was I think about one hundred and thirty grand, is now one hundred and ninety plus on roads.
Speaker 2: So it is a huge step up.
Speaker 3: And to me, I think that is their first mistake, because you used to have someone who could stretch their budget from let's say Q five to get a McCarn. Yes, they get a Porsche, they get the whole experience.
Speaker 2: Everything's great.
Speaker 3: But now that person isn't just going to go, oh, well, I'll just spend another forty grand.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't see how they didn't get that sort of logic step. They will announce more so they're only launching with McCarn four and McCarn Turbo will do an entry level version, but that will probably still be well over one hundred grand. In terms of the design itself. I thought they were actually doing two versions this coupe sort of looking one and then a standard one. This is the only body style, so they're not actually doing a sort of standard looking one in terms of the way that it drives. So starting off with the interior, it is beautiful. It looks fantastic. This will be built in Germany, so it's not like the kN that I drive last which was where was that built in Slovenia. That thing was a bit of a bit of a shit beriaky doors. Yeah, it really wasn't very good. So this will be German built. That will present volume issues because Germany is doing mccarne v for the world, so it means that immediately I can see this becoming a volume problem for Australia, which is a smaller market.
Speaker 2: So the interior is nice.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of customization options, so there's a lot of stuff that you can pay to customize to make it your own. So they really want to make this quite a style statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen you can definitely do the passenger side display yep display, thing's pretty cool. A lot of money for a cool little feature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've replaced the operating system with Android Automotive OS, so it gives them far better building blocks to work off. So the skin looks similar to other Porsch products, but beneath the skin it is a completely different operating system to the last generation mccaun. In terms of the way that it drives, the McCann turbo is now two point four tons. That's heavy, so it is three hundred kilos heavier than a V eight kN It is bloody enormous.
Speaker 1: It handles beautifully, yeah, does it Does it feel rigid or does.
Speaker 2: It feel like a Porsche?
Speaker 3: Feels good, so, steering feel is fantastic, The breaks feel good. It does the standard Porsche YV thing with a lot of region handles well. The problem is though, that we drive it on just sort of mountain roads. It's not really the perfect place to be testing this car. The real test will be when we get it back here in Australia and we take it for a bit of a more spirited drive and see what it's like on city streets. You can get up to twenty two inches. In terms of the wheels, air suspension is available on the four standard on the turbo rewill steering.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a huge fan of that standard.
Speaker 3: On the turbo, it sort of just feels a bit funny when you're sort of going a little bit quicker with it. It is monumentally quick. It's like three point three seconds to one hundred or something like that. With the McCann turbo as I think it's over a thousand meters of talk like it is. It is an absolute monster of a thing. So they've got the fundamentals right there. But to me, where this will fall apart is on price, because I just don't think a consumer that was spending that much on a mccahn is really going to run and dive into this, and perhaps that's what they're expecting, and which is why they've increased the price, knowing they'll get less volume.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not going to be able to meet the demand anyway. Really, I'm predicting they won't be able to meet the demand anyway. Well, I'll tell you why I reckon that. I don't know that there is that much demand. So the reason why I say that, whenever we.
Speaker 3: Publish a review, I'll know pretty quickly how popular it is, and typically a car that sells well will get a lot of views quickly. You could not pay people to watch our McCann review and then I thought, that's really weird. I then had to look globally at all the McCann EV reviews, and some of them had barely any views. Some of the biggest channels in the world had barely any views. We saw the same thing with the only five M which we'll talk about soon. So that tells me that perhaps the demand they think is there isn't actually there. So the time will come at the end of the year when the cars are here, we'll see how many they sell and how it sells compared to the previous generation.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it'll be interesting. If you are wanting a McCann.
Speaker 3: That isn't the EV you have until the end of May to order it because that's when they're closing their order books for custom build vehicles. So if you do want that, you need to get in before then otherwise it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know performance evs. Maybe people are just not ready for them yet. Look at the resale value of the time.
Speaker 2: Can't talk about a bargain, absolutely, ty can't.
Speaker 3: So I think that if that's your if that's what's coming for you by buying one of these, maybe you don't care.
Speaker 2: Maybe we don't care about resell.
Speaker 3: But to me, if I was buying a regular Portra in the resol was typically pretty good, and now the evs aren't very good.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, did you see this, the Alpha Romeo Milano.
Speaker 2: Ugly little turd box. It's what I think of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, moving on to a re vibe about it. Did you see that to change the name? Oh, because it was called junior or something.
Speaker 3: No, it is now junior because it's like champagne. You can't call a bubbly wine champagne unless it is from Champagne in France. Same with this, the Italian government, not from Milano. Tallian said, well, because this is made somewhere else. I don't know where it's made, you can't call it the you can't call it the Milano. So it's now called the Junior or whatever it is called the Manaro Manara.
Speaker 2: It's not from Manaro made. You can't fucking naman Manaro. Shut up, Donna, we'll talk to you later. Come on, darling, Alfa Romeo Junior. It's just such a stupid name. Stupid. Well that suits because I think it looks stupid. But they could have given it anything. They could have told anything.
Speaker 1: Look, I think Alpha makes great cars are great looking cars, especially the interiors.
Speaker 2: But have you seen this? This is yeah, I'm looking at it right now. Well, well let us know contact at the Drivers Show dot com today you I.
Speaker 1: Think I'm in Do you know what I think? I'm easily just impressed today with everything. Usually i'm quite critical. Ah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Have a look at this thing.
Speaker 1: There's bits about it. I don't like that. Those lights look a bit look a bit reno. Oh, I tell you what looks great? Like really great. The fore Runner is coming back.
Speaker 2: Yes, now that I'm excited about. Yes, that is really cool.
Speaker 1: It's really cool and it looks good too. I think we'll get the typical the burksuits of Pokey. I saw some videos coming to Australia. Oh shit, well it hasn't been announced for Australia.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's a real disappointment.
Speaker 1: They, I mean, were what was that That was a sort of a mid nineties car, a real kind of coasty sort of surfers coupled.
Speaker 2: I think they were called like a Toyota surf they and.
Speaker 3: I think they were called a fore Runner as well. Well, that was a variant or something like that. It was like a tougher version of the Prato effectively, And yeah, I think I think they look great.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think they look fantastic.
Speaker 3: I think what they've what Toyota has been able to achieve with this TNGA platform that this is built off, is so cool. They've done such a good job with just all these different variants and just giving them a really unique vibe. I love the Toyota lettering on the dashboard. They've got RB accessories. Yeah, blood bloody cool, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, the front looks the front looks tough and now just looks like a proper kind of go anywhere little machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really do hope they bring that that see to me, that makes more sense like that bringing that out rather than their the ev that they're just planted.
Speaker 2: But we will see, we will see.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, so let's talk about the Naive.
Speaker 2: So what a great car.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I had the chance to drive it at Eastern Creek on the track.
Speaker 2: It was incredible fun.
Speaker 3: And just recently I mentioned this before, we've we've launched a new drag racing series and we hired an airport in regional Western Australia and shout out to the locals in Wildcatchum is.
Speaker 2: That the is that the traditional name? I don't think so, okay what you mean, but.
Speaker 3: That's how you wouldn't know what But anyway, so yeah, we hired an airport there, had all of this emergency services and stuff, and then borrowed a stack of cool cars from from a friend of ours to do drag racing in. And this ironic five N is a beast like we genuinely when we started this series, we thought, you know, look, it's probably not going to win, but it'll look cool when it goes up against some of these cars.
Speaker 2: And then when it started.
Speaker 3: Beating most of these cars, I was like, oh, this is.
Speaker 2: Going to look fake, This is gonna look staged like it.
Speaker 3: Literally bett cars are worth over a million dollars across the quarter mile, So.
Speaker 2: And what is that on road? That's like one hundred and ten thousand dollars plus plus on roads. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: It's a let's call it a one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and ten thousand dollars worth of supercar.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and it's not even just that it goes fast in a straight line. When we did our full review of this at Lang Lang Lang. It's actually just some of the features that it has so you can control so much in so you've got everything from traditional engine sounds and it does sound gimmicky, but when you pair the traditional engine sounds with the gear shifting, it just feels like a fast internal combustion car. Like it will literally pulse gears. It will allay to downshift. It does pulses on downshow do you do hear crackles and pops anything, which I loved, which is really cool. You can then adjust talk split. It's got a drift optimizer. Probably the coolest part though, is the repeatability of the drive train, So you can set it into a drag mode or a just like you on Saturday, or you can set it into a track mode and it will keep the battery temperatures at optimum levels for those two tasks. And even with launch control, you can set what kind of grip level you have available and that will then vary how hard it launchers.
Speaker 2: See that's some good tech, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like for that sort of car, and you know you can really deep dive and put some stuff on it.
Speaker 2: How did you.
Speaker 1: Find the drift function work. How did you find the effectiveness of it?
Speaker 3: Well, we were given the green light to cook a set of tires, so it was fantastic fun. So I spent hard an afternoon fucking around with that, and it was fantastic. It is when you set it to one hundred percent rear talk split and you switch everything off, it is all entirely off, whereas with the EV six GT when you're in drift mode it's not exactly off, whereas with this it is entirely off. So the biggest issue they had with that feature was actually limiting the RPM on the motors, because what happens is once an electric motor starts, once you lose traction, it will spin up to twenty thousand rpm immediately and then it will stay doing that and you can have a lot of issues with so just as an example, if you do set it to rewill drive, you get it into a state where the rear tires have lost traction and it's spinning at twenty thousand rpm. When you let out of the throttle, because it's spinning so much, it takes a while for it to slow down, and it could become dangerous in the sense that the only way you could stop the car is by standing on the brakes and standing on them for like three seconds to slow the rear wheels. So what they've done is some talk limiting on the motor when it is in that in that mode, so it means that when you do unleash on it, well won't just go straight out. So they've done some really clever stuff there that a lot of people don't know is actually happening in the background. So from that point of view, it's great, great driving position. Unfortunately manual seats, and the reason they have that is because the electric seat doesn't sit low enough, so they've gone with a manual seat to have it sitting lower. Steering feels great, the breaks are fantastic and it's repeatable as well. We managed to get like one lap out of the Mustang MARKEEEGT at the track.
Speaker 2: The what do you mean one lap?
Speaker 3: It just started degrading, derating performance. It was a hot day, granted then Model Wide Performance got three laps before the breaks started cooking I think five in it ended up doing seven laps continuous without any heat issues with the motor, the brakes or anything.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they've got some fantastic tech in there, and to me, I just think that if you're going to be buying a performance ev, this is the best of the bunch. The issue that they've got now, though, is what Tesla is doing with their pricing. So we mentioned earlier that Tesla's dropping their prices. I mean, if you can get a Model Wide Performance for eighty something grand, that's thirty grand cheaper than an Ironic five Inn. Yeah, it's not quite the same in terms of performance, So it's not the same at all.
Speaker 2: I think you're looking at two different cars almost to be honest, but it's yeah grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I drove a Model Y here. God, that thing has some creaks and cracks in it. I forgot, like it'd been a while since I'd driven a Model Y and I was like, oh, I forgot how firm that was? Yes, And at the time I was like, maybe it's just my hemorrhoids playing up, but it was it's really I was like, my brother in law bought that for like eighty grand at the time, and I was like, he's barely driven it.
Speaker 2: Barely.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at it, but I know he's barely driven this thing. He would have to have under five thousand k's on it, and like the like it was actually doing my head in the creeks and stuff that I think come from that that roof the fact that that glass roof must heat plastics or something that surrounds it and things just kind of snap out of shape.
Speaker 2: And but I was like, oh, nah, yeah, nah, a's your model, while going yeah it's fine, but yeah, same thing.
Speaker 3: It's the suspension is overly for is really uncomfortable, not very nice to drive.
Speaker 2: So hopefully they'll fix that.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean, and I think this ionic five in. I think it's they've got the cred to put this up with the grates now.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And part of the problem is what I mentioned before, the review that we did didn't really go that great, and I had to look globally again, none of the reviews went too crazy. And if you have a look at the availability of this car in Australia right now, you can get anything basically for immediate delivery as in any color.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, so available for immediate delivery.
Speaker 3: So I think that tells you that the demand perhaps isn't there despite it being a fantastic car. So let's see how it goes once we get this drag racing series out where we're literally doing everything we've done. The first video that will go live is the ON five n up against a six cylinder which was a nine to eleven GT three, a V eight which was a G sixty three Brabus with a stage one versus a V ten which was a hurricane sto versus a V twelve which was an eight twelve competitory only, and that was the first video. We then did another six videos after that, including one which I'm so excited to see. One of the mechanics that was down there helping us. He owns an eighteen hundred horsepower HQ that runs on methanol, so he trucked that down on the last.
Speaker 1: We've seen Donald drink some of that stuff. Sure neck a bottle cookie, that's a cook one.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: I had the by d C or Performance slightly different car it has a flirted with.
Speaker 2: Before, really enjoyed it, really enjoyed it. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: It's such a it's if you compare that to a Model three, I personally think it's almost it's pretty much neck and neck. I think I think it's just now apples and like which one do you prefer? Like, I think looks wise, I think the Seal is a far better looking car. I think stats wise, off the top of my head, I think the Tesla Performance obviously has some you know, quicker it could be slightly quicker.
Speaker 2: This is one hundred in about three point eight seconds.
Speaker 1: But the thing with a lot of these performance evs is great in a straight line, but when it comes to handling, they're absolute rubbish. This, on the other hand, is not that this handle's great, like it's such a well sort of tuned car. It's just it's it almost feels like it's been tuned for Australian roads.
Speaker 2: It drives great, it's.
Speaker 1: Got the performance sort of tucked away there. It's not overly in your face as well. Starling wise, I think it looks far better than the Model three. I think the interior actually looks better too. If you told me like eighteen months ago the BYD interior. You know, remember when we sat in the Atto three the dumbbells and the water and the muscles and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're bringing out the Seal you really.
Speaker 1: Soon or actually I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but I guess we can call it the Sea Line six. They're bringing that out, which is the four wheel drive version of this, which I think looks good.
Speaker 2: But I just love this Satan. I love it. It was such a great commuting car too. Yeah, I think they.
Speaker 3: Look fantastic performance wise, it's great fun. This is I mean, when you do compare this to a Model three performance, especially the new one. They've just launched very different cars. This won't. This doesn't have repeatable perform mormans. It sort of you hit it once and it's there. On handling front, I think it's good, but it is let down by some of those electronics. If you really start picking up. It sort of just struggles a little bit with the amount of power that it has. But that is all something that they will eventually get better at when it comes to tuning and all that sort of stuff. And for the price just under seventy grand, it is significantly cheaper than everything else on the market.
Speaker 1: So yeah, do you know the one thing the big thing for me that I was a bit like, oh really, but I think I've been told it's a software update. It's not even a fault. It's actually deliberately there. I left my dog in there and went into buttings and the fucking thing was like the alarm was going off left front and center. It's apparently you know that function if you leave kids in the car, which is annoying too, because I left Pops in the car when I went to the casino for.
Speaker 2: Five and he went on holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I left her at the airport only there for four weeks. It was fine, But yeah, they've got this alarm that sort of goes off.
Speaker 2: Can that not be there?
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of modern cars have the ability for you to switch off the motion sensor insight.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll dig about take a Patty's Market. I'm sure there's someone who can fix it. So some good stuff, some.
Speaker 3: Good cars, exciting stuff. So yeah, we're going to have to try and make this more regular.
Speaker 2: It's been quite.
Speaker 1: Busy so yeah, I mean I've I've moved house, moved jobs. You've been out of the job, shockingly homeless for quite somebody, which is evident. You disgrace doing hand jobs as well. You are doing hand jobs. So that's been that's been your life issues, I guess. But I'm here for you if you want to talk. That's what all the good podcasts do now? Is talking about every three months?
Speaker 2: Is? But yes, this will get more regular and some.
Speaker 1: Exciting stuff on the horizon. You know what, you should check in with Donna. You should give her a call.
Speaker 2: Have you a number? You've saved it in your phone? That hole in the wall, why don't you Why didn't you put your phone? Allows on speaker phone?
Speaker 3: Let me let me give her a tingle d D D double D Donna. There she is, see if she answers?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Gee, hang on, Darlan, hang on, Donna's killing Ben hang on. Oh, but don't usually get up till one in the afternoon. How are you, Dalan?
Speaker 2: Good? How are you doing? Love?
Speaker 5: You haven't called me angels pabbly have you been?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good? I haven't been out that way for a little while. Last time kind of left me a little scarred, so to speak.
Speaker 5: You've got a bloody come and visit Donnor in the caravan, darl And you've got you remember having it there?
Speaker 1: It's near the Adelaide Glory And if you get.
Speaker 5: A little bit lost, you fucking follow the yellow.
Speaker 2: Droupe bro that's will be just in. Have you been has your n f ha's all that? Yeah? Good. I'd love for you to meet my mate Gordy.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he's sort of, you know, a bit lonely and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I listened to the podcast and he sounds surprisingly well high.
Speaker 6: Basic looking at their bloody n ft is the n f T, the Sties.
Speaker 5: You're a girl, have some psy from fun Randed, Donna Fight Darlin, Hey, well when he when are you going to come over?
Speaker 2: The when are you gonna come to the garage? Look a bloody review on Donna Philly Busy this year, I might have to say, Gordy.
Speaker 6: Nah, Darling, I want you perfectly. I want you to bring you to a roma and you can point to my cup holder's head. I can do all sorts of fucking features if I.
Speaker 5: Go off like the bloody Yeah, you're batist dollar.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna let you go. He sounds like you're busy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I've got to order him a bloody KOs say you know, I really Boh God Jesus, when you come over and we'll bloody have some k.
Speaker 2: And saying oh fuck. All this talk about a greasy box. It reminds me I should have a bloody shell. I want you to get out of Dallan to get up and good good to you from.
Speaker 4: Your eye dollar.
Speaker 2: You never ring me as much as you used to. I've still got the charging station heat the while on me.
Speaker 1: The caravan behind Regel Norman, bloody, kick a can around.
Speaker 2: You come, it's Don and Donna. Bye bye, Oh god, it's good to touch base with her. Yeah, look at you were pretty quiet during that. I thought you were well. I thought, well, you have your pants off. You were bloody half mask. He's bloody. All right, it's our pitching a tent talking to Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: To catch up with her. So you will have to catch up with her. I think you need a road trip. Yeah, take a radio, take a little road trip out there.
Speaker 2: What do you mean radio rodeo rodeo?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, take the road, take over and put a buck over ahead and hang onto the handles.
Speaker 3: So contact at the Drivers Show dot com today. You if anyone who's actually still listening to this, Yeah, let us know what you want us to delve into chat about on a serious note, bev passed away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's one of those things. I mean, we all we knew it was coming, obviously, and it was the day that I didn't really expect it to be so soon. But yeah, really sad, and.
Speaker 2: I speak for both of us.
Speaker 1: She's a fascinating woman, a really kind, caring person, a great family woman too, and yeah, really sorely missed.
Speaker 2: Came into chat with us, though it was pretty unreal. It was a fair hike as well as Yeah, Warren die Way, Yeah.
Speaker 1: She came out here, Warren die Way. In fact, like I mean, that's that's the last interview she did. That's that's I feel sorry for her in that respect because I thought, well, she could do so much better than us, and but it was the last interview she did, and she didn't have to do that at all. Her state wasn't tip top, and she made the effort to come out and have a chat, and eternally grateful that she did and that she also got to tell her story too, because I think a lot of it is it is about Peter and obviously the time she spent with Peter perfect, you know, the great Peter Brock. And I think behind all that, though, is a is a fascinating woman and a brilliant, brilliant woman in all ways of life. And so yeah, I'm proud that she got to tell her story in her life story out there, and it's it's sad for her passing and our you know, big love goes out to all her family and ya, thanks for thanks for ending the show on such a somber note.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that. That's what you do really well, isn't it just make things awkward? Now we have to Yeah, I'm going to walk out of.
Speaker 1: This room and you'll probably call bloody Donna called Donna again, just Peter the saime, Yeah, FaceTime scrite.
Speaker 2: It'll look like they've seen from a butcher's window by an hour with Donna that had some dry hanging stage or are you just happy to see me?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, next time until they started, great, leave a review, that would be great, and we'll do another merch drops.
Speaker 2: Hold on, before we do, we've got to actually quickly talk about the reviews because someone left one on there that wasn't very complimential. Oh really, I haven't. I haven't checked these out. So again it's it's never negative about me. It's always.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 3: The latest one that we got was okay, so just listen to the latest step. There's a one star one and it was such a struggle to listen to due to Gordy's terrible jokes and even worse takes.
Speaker 2: Takes, I'll take somewhat.
Speaker 3: I'll be surprised if this show lasts for much longer. Paul can do better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look what's that on apples Twitch one two, one, eight, and that's Twitch with a one for the eye. That's Twitch.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that's what his fucking brain's doing right now, because he's probably got some sort of condition.
Speaker 2: But we've got another one from v Steve I one, here we go. Just listen to the latest shut up moron between you two. Stop picking on travel long.
Speaker 4: Just listen to the latest episode. And it was such a straggle due to goodies, terrible jokes, and even worse takes. I'll be surprised if this is a program that will last much longer. Paul can do way. Bitter Poo is my favorite care review. I love his program. He used the Bitch Show on the YouTube and when I am when I shop here in the home and I, oh, Jesus, I fucking put again.
Speaker 2: Retally it happened again.
Speaker 4: Can you clean me up? Taking to get old twitchet, get out of Twitch and tell you bitch.
Speaker 2: Goodbye. Goodbye,