Speaker 1: High Heart podcasts, heem More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Thing that it's Thursday. We do ask on Cut every Thursday, and that's where you call up with your biggest, deepest, darkest problems and we do our best to answer them. And now, what would you do Britt if you discovered that you weren't actually your partner's type? Because that is today's conundrum. Nina, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you go away doing?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Would be like weird?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Nina?
Speaker 2: Well, I've been with my partner for like almost a year's eleven months, and only recently have we like you know, really like gone through like our exes or like sometimes I like peekover when he's like on his like Instagram or whatever, and I've realized that like all of his exes and like people under the feet are like tiger like blonde girls or like very specific look and I'm like, I'm nothing for the sort. I'm curly hair, brunette, a bit taller, a bit bigger, and I just been like, not this man's type, Like I don't I feel like really insecured with about it.
Speaker 4: Nina, I'm just gonna stop you in your tracks right here. This is an easy one for me.
Speaker 3: You've just got to think.
Speaker 4: You've just got to think he's with you, like they didn't work out, the exes didn't work out.
Speaker 3: You've been with him for a year, Like, what do you mean you're not his type? Like he's with you now? It's that's saying that you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. The whole thing is just kind of like weeding me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nina, it sounds like you're your own worst enemy.
Speaker 3: You're doing it to yourself self sabotage. I think that, like it's okay.
Speaker 1: People often have like a type or like a you know, they have like an idea of what their type is. But then after you've dated multiple people are your type and you realize it never works out type. Sometimes your type expands out and you date different people. I think that, you know, if he's in a relationship with you for eleven months and you guys are happy, I absolutely would not be self sabotaging your relationship because you're worried that you think you're not his type, even though he's done nothing to give you that indication.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember I remember dating this guy so long ago, like we were going great, just I was leaving over in London and I remember making a mistake of looking up his ex I don't know why. And she was a literal supermodel, like she was the hottest thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: And I remember just that just getting in my head even.
Speaker 4: Though he wanted to date me, and I just sabotaged the entire relationship. I think we can get too caught up in like comparison culture and comparing each other.
Speaker 3: And just try to lip in the moment.
Speaker 4: You guys are happy and in love, you've been together for a year, Like, don't let someone that he dated seven years ago ruin your relationship now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I think I just need to hear that.
Speaker 1: Did you bring it up with him at all? Or have you just been keeping this a secret and festering away?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I don't want to bring it up.
Speaker 1: You're like, I don't want to sound crazy.
Speaker 4: You're extram nineteen ninety nine was so hot that.
Speaker 1: What happened to me though, Nina, Did you ever bring it up with your partner Britt at the time, No, I just ended it that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's weird, too, weird that's weird. No, I know that now.
Speaker 1: So I am my husband Matt here. He's dated some beautiful girls back in the day, gorgeous girls, and one of them is so gorgeous one of them, one of them is so gorgeous that she is a very successful model, and she was like the face of an iconic sunscreen brand, and they'd like double his skincare and everything else. And I was using it until like I was bringing it home and like having it on the in my bathroom cabetry and face. Yeah, And Matt was like, I dated her and she's on the product packaging of the and now I can't use it anymore. But I did have a moment where I got a bit wig dat because I was like, God, your exes are so hot.
Speaker 4: That's a worry, Nina. This one's easier. Just don't stalk his exes from ten years ago. Do you embrace your relationship?
Speaker 3: Know your worth? No, he's with you for just who you are right now. Know your worth. It's true. If we're going to get deep, all right, strap in.
Speaker 4: If we're going to get deep, it's because of an insecurity that you might not even know you have. Like if you're looking up that and then comparing yourself to a next and then you're overthinking it.
Speaker 3: That's you being insecure for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: But that's why I say No, You're worth like he's choosing you and you guys are happy, So just live.
Speaker 2: In that moment totally.
Speaker 1: Thanks, no, thanks, Nina.
Speaker 3: That's tough, isn't it