Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQGS, Melbourne, Australia, Prodcasting to the world. Christian had to make myself a stiff pedermint tea to steady.
Speaker 3: Myself listen to that oaty goodness for breakfast show.
Speaker 4: I got completely naked and Bianca brushing me from here to.
Speaker 2: Talk now, good morning, Welcome to the show. It's Wednesday morning, five minutes past six in an hour's time. Then day three on the ten Grand mixtape? Will today be the one where you get the second song out of the five? If you don't only think about the ten Grand Mixtape, I'll take you through until the next half an hour. Yesterday's team. I was irritating experience. I'm sure many of your experiences before where you're locked out. You just suddenly you get to the front door you're gonna reach with a key. Then you check the other pocket, We check the back pocket did I put it there? And then go back around checking all those I'm tired. This is gonna be his. I would just leave that key and then I don't care if you're someone who doesn't swear very often. When you really realize you were locked out, whether you're a priest or a vicar, you will swear loudly and kick the door. And then you're like, damn it, how long would I be out here the other side of his door? And then the dog sensed because a German shepherd dog my dog. Since there was someone who came, I could I could see her through a window and was excited. I wish you could sort of sound locked out. It's supposed to be a really smart dog. The police and army is you pull the just please let me in? And she's looking at me going what crazy game is he doing? Now? As it she just stood there.
Speaker 4: But as a human I have trouble opening that front door. I don't know how dogs get.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it was a night But then, of the course I'm ring my wife and she's like, well, I'm not back for three or four hours. You've got to sort this out. Then I started I started around I need the pee as well, and I'm making her too, and oh it's a nightmare. Twenty five minutes so I was stuck out there. I start to bed down for a bit because I think how I what I missed. I get some snooze. It's nap time now for me as well. I wasn't get tired, and don't remember the dog walker has got a key and she she kind of she went and let me in. But have you been locked out before?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But your house is like a Fort Knox where I grew up, our house always had like a flimsy laundry window or somewhere that we could break in. Basically, you just push hard enough, you could push the door in. Yeah, So I never had that feeling of having new I live outside now.
Speaker 2: Patsy, have you ever had to break in.
Speaker 3: Some I've done it a few times. But after the first time, do you know what I did? We gave the neighbors over the road a key. Yeah, and she was always home because she was a home mum, and I hid. Okay, you need to do the old key under a rock.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, if you're a burglar, they know about this stuff. They're going to do under the bin, under the rock, under the mat. So that's the easiest way to get And if I was a burglar, most houses you wouldn't even have to break into. You just be looking under mats, everywhere or rocks, So who has rocks around their property?
Speaker 3: Well, we've got hundreds in our front garden bits, so they'd have to.
Speaker 2: It's strangers in the Moon is a correct.
Speaker 5: Correct So I did to take them a while to find it.
Speaker 2: Do you know, I remember, many many years ago as I sink, actually know I shouldn't tell the still in it. It's not right. For Radio Gold one o four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Also on today's show, we just found this out. We have got a pair of Fleetwood Mact tickets for you to win as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've actually started. It's decided that my wife will never ever hear what I'm I have to say now. She doesn't listen to this part of the show, so it's fine. It's fine now to share the story. We're talking about being locked out, and I just remember it's being a young, aggressively single man. I must have about twenty twenty one. This is way before I met my wife, and I was at college and I remember they were one of the girls in my year. Her older sister came to visit her and we end up getting on really well, and we went back to this friend of mine's place, but we were locked out, and I remember thinking it had been a very quiet period in my life. I'm thinking she's leaving tomorrow, and she was like, oh, what are we going to do? Oh? I guess this is it? And I remember this is this a kitchen window behind her, and I remember thinking this has this. I'm not having this, and the hormones are raging. There was a full moon. I remember just punching the kitchen window behind us, the hell are you doing? It's okay, I'll pay for it in the morning. There we go and get in now. And so we climbed in for them, a great, big, gaping hole that I happily paid for the next morning. I'mn thinking, no, this is not happening. This is not happening. So yeah, anyway, that's that's the story that I pulled up of talking about earlier. When I was locked out yesterday and I was starting to get hungry and stuff this I sud remember that I bought you know what, chuck, It is underrated chocolate that has a honeycomb center. Are you yellow crunchy haven't handy in a long long time. And I saw some in a health food shop yesterday. You know when you see chocolate in the health food shot, Well, this is obviously extremely good for me, and how stupid of me not to buy health food chocolate because it's going to make me healthier. And you say he's got honeycomb center, then I'll buy an extra large bag. So yesterday I'm lying on the floor outside my house with the bag by in my head like some kind of hobo, and I'm popping this lovely little word chocolate the arts. It's a dark chocolate outing with the honeycomb center. Man alive. It tasted amazing. And then, Patsy, you ate so too much this morning. I get the feeling, Patsy, that the boy work together. You have a very heavy routine. In the afternoon, you sit in front that is it Desperate Housewives or.
Speaker 3: Tamily on Once Awake though at the moment we've only got a jersey or one of the other No, La.
Speaker 5: Maybe it is.
Speaker 2: So when you get home, do you watch one of those TV shows?
Speaker 5: If I've got time, And that's my guilty pleasure.
Speaker 2: And yesterday it's your time. It's you time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's me just for.
Speaker 3: A very short time, and I got through a whole wheel of Camember.
Speaker 2: And it's so easy done that.
Speaker 5: And it started out as just a scrape on a cracker, but it's impossible.
Speaker 3: And then by the end of it, I was like, you have that wheel entire chunks straight in my mouth.
Speaker 5: It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: What just using your hand, or if you got some kind of dip that you're scooping up like a shovel.
Speaker 5: No, just like a shovel, No biscuit, no way. It started out.
Speaker 3: With a waifer but then shoved it aside.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we did this thing on the show every Thursday morning at eight o'clock called the isolated Vocal, where we just play out a vocal track. It's where the track is that a song stripped back from all the other instruments, the guitar, the bass, the drums, any kind of studio effects, and what you're presented with and what you hear and feel is just the raw power of a vocal, whether it's a big majestic one like Freddie Mercury. Also, I think a bit softer and subtler or this one another big power voice on Bonnie Tyler from Scotland. It had had some amazing hits in the eighties. This track totally clips La Harp. Get this right. This is when singles ruled the world. This sold in nineteen eighty three when it came out around the world, six million copies. These days, singles don't exist. It's all about streaming. But six million copies of the single alone, not the album single sales of six million, that's how great. This song was written and produced by Jim Steinman, who wrote all the hits for Meatloaf. This is an amazing vocal performance. How you listen to this? Because you're a good idea of what we do every Thursday morning. Ever, No Lenafollar ever, Lenna Faller part and I need you lo And if you only metime with on forever, then we'll only be made in right because you'll never be wrong together. And take it to the head of the line.
Speaker 6: You love it.
Speaker 2: Take a shadow on Bell and time. I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark. We're living in about a gag and g balls. I really need it tonight, it's gonna start tone, it's gonna start too. Once upon a time I was falling and lost, but now I'm only falling.
Speaker 5: Upon There's nothing I can do.
Speaker 2: A total eclipse of the hull. One of our classic isolated vocals, brand new one tomorrow morning, eight o'clock. Awesome power ball that from nineteen eighty three that sold six million copies in one year, six million copies of singles. Astonishing. Now it's all about streaming and downloads and stuff like that. Also, I think one of the greatest power ballads we all know. We can all agree that R and B Friday is evil. Yeah, R and B Friday actually kills music. Okay if you if you hate music, you enjoy R and B Friday. We need power ballad Friday. What day we strip back with us? Should take that? Bonnie Tyler, Why don't we start this Friday? Power ballad Friday? Hashtag pbfow Friday. Yeh hashtag PBF power Ballad Friday?
Speaker 4: Is it exclusively power ballads all day?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how the Boss will feel about. The Boss kind of lets me run this island here between six and ten afterwards. That's her bigger, more powerful island. Okay, But I'm saying six or ten is Friday. Every hour Avenues, Patsy doesn't News, bouch power ballots.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're get fatigued.
Speaker 2: Sounds like someone's gone to the dark side of R and B? What's fatiguing? Six am? Bang, Bonnie Tyler, Seven Am? What's what's this? Phil Collins? Against all odds? Okay? Eight o'clock, Brian Adams, everything I do for you. How are you feeling now?
Speaker 5: Really good?
Speaker 2: Are you fatigued?
Speaker 1: No? Not at all?
Speaker 2: Right, nine o'clock, I let you do the nine o'clock. Well, we don't have so many people listening, then you can have nine mister Big to be with you. I'm fatigued.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So I'm just putting this idea together. At the moment it says, come to me and a vision forget about R and B Friday. Every time they play one of those god or four R and B songs by Usher or somebody like that, and Angel loses its wings. When I'm saying, what about Friday, we try power ballad Friday every sixteen minutes on the show Bang, we hit you with it with the fils. That's what I'm coming at you with Friday. A song that will give you the fills about it. Perhaps I've had to rethink about wis Brian Adams want to go for well? How do you feel about Heaven?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Any song I'll go bit.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's his about? Brian? EM's the best power bat It? Do you think heaven Over they think I would do for you Heaven? I think it's superior. That's all of its songs. What about the glory of love? Peter Satira? Good enough for the karate Kid is good enough for power bat Friday? Hashtag PBF Friday. Oreo Speedwagon can't fight this feeling, mister, mister broken wings, take these broken wings and learn to fly again. Wow? At eight o'clock is this love? White Snake Heart alone? Purple Rain by Prince Rain back to back. An hour later we could have November Rain as well by Guns and Roses another great power bout it as well? Now you feel it, you're not. There's no way you can say that. This is going to feel like fatiguing.
Speaker 4: I love your enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: What you sound like the boss? Hey? When did you become the I love your enthusiasm. I want to do it.
Speaker 4: I just saw you fire off a text. I know you like to pretend that this six to ten is your Tomay it is.
Speaker 2: I just and what did I say to headed music here? I said, I'm doing this Friday. Thank you for letting me do it. How about it? Friday is happening? Get on board on this.
Speaker 7: Day?
Speaker 2: Mystery on this date? All right, on this day and mystery? What have you got for today? Pap Jack? What is today's date? Fifteenth, fifteenth of May?
Speaker 4: On this day. In nineteen twenty eight, the very first feature of Mickey Mouse appeared in his first silent cartoon. I thought it was Steamboat WILLI Will, but it's actually not. It was a silent cartoon called Plane Crazy. And then he came into Steamboat Willie the next year.
Speaker 2: Do you know what you think about Mickey Mouse? What the dunn? This cartoon? Characters? Ever? Well? I can't stand Mickey Mouse?
Speaker 5: Got ye?
Speaker 4: No, he'll be everybody soon in four years he goes into public domain. Because is that true? Yeah, unless unless ends or something. If the copyright ends on him. So unless Disney goes and fights for new legislature, legislation on it. We can all use Mickey as much as we want. We can put him on the billboards with you.
Speaker 2: But trouble is, though, Mickey Mouse is a phrase now for something rubbish, isn't it? Mickey Mouse? You know, no one's getting excited about that going into free fall, like we should rename gold one or four point three Mickey mousem Mickey Mouse Fridays. I don't know you're on board.
Speaker 4: But my question today is in nineteen forty, brothers Richard and Maurice opened which restaurant.
Speaker 2: MMM in America?
Speaker 4: In America Richard and Maurice.
Speaker 5: Has this got any relevance to the mouse?
Speaker 4: Sorry, this has got no relevance.
Speaker 2: I have that just thinking which cartoon can actually because obviously you remember like Bugs Bunny? Was it the Avery Brothers or Hannah Barbera? Sorry, that's when Pats is a journalist and the smartest one on the show. I'm thinking which cartoon restaurant was this?
Speaker 4: Mickey Mouse was a tidbit.
Speaker 2: This is the real question. The pop Eye tavern. It didn't seem to be connected, didn't they? Pats? This point is a power bad in his head again to wake him up this morning? All right, what's the question again unrelated Clean brought Mickey Mouse into the show.
Speaker 5: Reset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brothers Richard and Maurice opened which restaurant?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four. The phone numbers related to the question one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Christian power Ballad Friday. Yes, got my vote. Everyone's doing R and B Fridays breaking away from the pack. Thank you very much, Chris PBF, what about anything I would do for love? Meat loaf kerry, Thank you very much. Using the correct term there it is PBF power Ballad Friday. It's starting this Friday, Holy on Gold one oh four point three. On this day, mystery on this day, all right, young Jack posters and charge you on this day in history today and the question is.
Speaker 4: On May fifteen, Brothers Richard and Maurice opened which restaurant.
Speaker 2: It's good to Aaron. Good morning, Aaron, good morning, welcome to the show, my friend. You're up, you're up at work already or you're just woking up. Oh I've been up for a little bit.
Speaker 7: Just getting ready for work now. So we'll be off, be off probably next day or so.
Speaker 2: But yes, okay, lax morning. Yeah, I'd like to say, you just get up, you just check it out, chilling out and taking your time, no big rush.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, I like to take my time and relax into it.
Speaker 2: Like Russian injuring and what are you gonna have this morning? Whatever? Breakfast hour? And he strip as the kind of guy that's got something cooking in the background.
Speaker 7: Oh, you just have the oats and the toast in the morning with a cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Goodbye. That's how Aaron likes to do with everyone. Oh now, Aaron, what do you think the answer to that's question is McDonald's. Is it McDonald's. Is that right?
Speaker 4: Well done? Have you seen The Founder, the film with Michael Keaton. Yes, that's what sparked it up for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that's a great movie. That is great story. He's going through this big resurgence again. Now after a Batman kind of died, he didn't get hard, he got any work. And now Michael Keaton has in so many movies he's brilliant in them as well. Yeah, Aaron, that's the right answer. So it's McDonald's. Yeah, they as it was that old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they pretty much invented fast food at this restaurant. If they were the first restaurant not to do waders and not to do they would cook the burgers and just keep them warm beforehand. Two facts about McDonald's. A restaurant is opened every fourteen and a half hours somewhere in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I comm believe that. I mean where if you are in the world, you see the Golden Archers. I think there's even in place like Afghanistan and stuff like that, there are McDonald's there. That means that almost two a day they're opening. I think. I'm sure. I've read that their global profits or revenue, maybe not profits, but revenue is around ninety seven billion. That makes them in one the fortieth. It's in the top forty. Are basically the ton of money they make. They are almost like a national economy ninety seven billion in revenue in terms of people going and I did I have read, I do know this fact that in terms of how many people their foot traffic a day. Bear in mind that there's McDonald's in every single country and countless ones in every major city in the world. Every single day, sixty two million people go into McDonald's. Can you imagine that? And yet again, what's this got to do with Mickey Mouse. We asked ourselves, well, and how's this?
Speaker 4: The Queen of England owns the McDonald's in Banbury, UK. The queen owns and McDonald's.
Speaker 2: She's got a share of everything. How did that happen? Did it build it on the premises or something? Because I know obviously Phil the Greek, he loves you know, fast food and stuff like that. How she got a share on the mads? I guess it's and I should have read more, but I guess it's built on top line. Clate Bait reed and did mother couldn't even stretch to a second paragraph of the show, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid, did you have to share a bedroom with sister or brother? You had all kinds of shenanigans if you had that. I remember my sister and I happened about the age of seven, had to share a bedroom. And that meant the classic bunk beds. If you had bunk beds, shenanigans, I might as it's called them Shenanigan's beds. It was all about whether you were top or button, and they were advantage to either one, and much the same in prison. If you're on top, I altered. I used both started down under the underneath, and you've got the thing of doing the legs and lifting him up the slats yep, pushing above you yep. But then if you're above I then went up top there and it would drive my sister nuts. I don't even know why. As soon as I found out she hated this, it meant I did it forever, just to torment that poor girl. And I still think our relationship is strange sometimes because of my awful behavior. But there was I whispered down the side of the bed. She goes, Mom, it's doing. The light would come, what do you do anything? I was trying to get to Semon's breathe door airling here, I'm breathing. I'm just breathing. Just torment the poor girl there. Sometimes I'd leave a couple of minutes and.
Speaker 5: I go, that's creepy.
Speaker 4: My dad had to separate our bunks so we kept the same room, but he dismantled them.
Speaker 2: What lift and separate, divide contact.
Speaker 4: My brother was still on the top bunk over the other side of the room. I was on the bottom bank.
Speaker 2: H Producing Beck's got a great story about sharing a bedroom back. What was the one you were telling us?
Speaker 8: I've been one to four. I shared bedrooms with all my siblings, but my brother was the worst. He snored terribly, And when I was about nine or ten, I hated getting up in the night to wake him up because it'd wake me up and then I'd have a sleepless night. So I made this giant stick and I parted the end of it so I would lie next to my bed and I could just half in my half sleep, pick it up and just poke him with it in the night.
Speaker 5: To wake him up.
Speaker 2: And this is great. So this is before he had all those nose plugs you can get now for snoring as well. And your husband, Chris, how many did he share? What's that? The Walters?
Speaker 3: He had three brothers and an uncle. They all shared one room, the biggest room in the house. They grew up in a ten square house and they had an outdoor toilet.
Speaker 2: The three brothers. Yeah, did the uncle to the party, No, No, of course.
Speaker 3: Uncle Bill was fine that he He stayed with them for a number of years, and he snored like a chainsaw.
Speaker 2: All right, All right, then tell us your stories about sharing with brothers and sisters sharing bedrooms nine four one four.
Speaker 1: Or one o four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now we're talking about did you have to share a bedroom with brothers and sisters? The hell, the chaos, but when you look back, formative experience that like surviving a prison sentence. Let's go to Will. First of all, good morning, Will morning, good morning. Well, welcome to the show. So you had to share with what brothers or sisters?
Speaker 7: Brothers? I've got four brothers and four sisters.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, that is a big family, weren't So it's just you and the brothers in one room?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: And how were you organized? Two bunk beds or no, Dad built some bunks out of some timber and it was bottom bunk and then the top bank like normal, but then there was three more bunks above that, so like a high rise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, basically, and you had about two inches of space betrayed the.
Speaker 2: Top crammed in there like that wouldn't even had had to put a space above it.
Speaker 6: But we all fought to the top bunk.
Speaker 2: You couldn't even get away with that out Guantanamo Bay. People have got rights. Five of you stack. Your dad should have gone on that lego masters he would have won, said quite some design. Well that's a great story, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All right, have a good one.
Speaker 2: All right, cheers and news a stack of bunk beds. You mentioned the hike to the top later going the cents to the top of ever rest. You have to take oxygen and the climbing gear and that rope off. Let's go to Danny and Hampton.
Speaker 7: Come on, Danny, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you pretty good? And I hope the People's Republic of Hampton is very well. I'm moving there in four weeks time. Please let the residents know I will. Okay, all right, Danny, what's your story for us? All right?
Speaker 7: I used to share a bedroom with my little sister.
Speaker 8: We used to fight quite a bit, so I decided that I was going to separate both, so.
Speaker 7: I put sticky takes down there on the floor to separate us. It just so happened that the bedroom door was on my side, so she couldn't get out of the bedroom.
Speaker 4: Without express permission from the president of the other side.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like East and West Berlin. You had a no man's land that divided. That's right, that's great, Danny, thank you very much, you call. You have a good day. By h. She didn't sound to impressed or happy that I'm moving to our ed. She came in or bubbling and went, I'm moving in ah right, okay, god yeah, lower in the house. They got the house prices. Foreigners are moving in all right, Clive Palmer, okay loo, good morning, Unsavory Jackson, McKayla, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Yes, hello Christians, great.
Speaker 2: Mikayla, good news. I'm not moving to Frankston's. What's your story about sharing a bedroom with the brother or sisters?
Speaker 7: I used to share a bedroom with my sister, but unfortunately we didn't get along very well back then. And one night we had a massive fight and she was in the bottom bunk bed across the room and I was in the single bed. She came and jumped on me and punched me up, and then I go and jump on her in the morning.
Speaker 2: How can you be fighting at two am? Not even you have fighters start fight at two am.
Speaker 7: Neither of us would give up, and our parents had to come.
Speaker 6: Down and stop it.
Speaker 2: And how are you two together now as adults? Is it all final?
Speaker 7: We're really good mates. We just used to push each others and other's buttons and we just could not get along.
Speaker 2: There's something about you know. I both of my kids they get on really well. However they know how to push each other's buttons, so they get really vicious. I want to think who fights the worst brothers or sisters? But some of the fights there they are I'm frightenedly getting stuck.
Speaker 7: In there, and we certainly did.
Speaker 2: You got a tin han Un peacekeeper trying to separate them. Mikayla. Thanks a lot for your call. Thanks to Corn the.
Speaker 6: Show, Christian love your show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much of that's really kind.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Sad news that the world's oldest man was one hundred and twenty three. I thought it was one hundred and eleven. They've updated it now. I don't know how they Cartbon dated him one hundred eleven. We all right, mate, we were impressed with one hundred and eleven. Don't give it the old Actually it was one hundred and twenty three. You had us empressed one hundred and eleven. How can they update it now? He's dead, twenty three is inside eighteen hundreds, eighteen hundreds, you're going back to the late eighteen hundreds. It's astonishing, you know, he get this. He was declared too old to fight in World War Two. That's how old he is. Mental was one hundred and twenty one hundred and twenty three years. You imagine the extraordinary change, the pace of change that we can barely keep up with ourselves now in twenty nineteen, but over the last one hundred and twenty three years, world wars have come and done, come and gone. But technologies how we live now is unrecognizable twenty thirty years ago. Let alone, I mean nuts get this as well. You know where they always go and the reason why he lives so long. And you look at that, going wow, then I'll be dying soon.
Speaker 4: This Guyny No.
Speaker 2: Well, perhaps he's wheel of Camember. This guy eleven hours sleep a night, eleven hours. So for us, that's me literally picking the kids.
Speaker 5: Up and then going good night already did then?
Speaker 2: I mean five o'clock an evening, the kids are putting me to birds, reading me tiger that came to tea going now night dadleas. That's a real lightweight, isn't it. Why is he in bed now at five eleven hour sleep? Plus he'd never seen a TV show or a movie in his life? Oh well, what's the point of I mean, no disrespect to there, but what a dull life? You ever get chapped that guy at the bar? Hey, you've seen the new Lego show, most you every TV you've never seen, never seen a single to your movie? You must have seen anything. Well you're gonna go to bed now you go. He's got here, I mean drunk your beer. So anyway, he's back in the days.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I said, there's a lot to my kids out back in mind. I love saying that back in my day. My favorite thing to say, I reckon. I say back in my day more than I say gold one I four point three, And I say, I'm paid to sit here. I'm paid to sit here basically and press play on the music and say out loud gold one O four point three, And I say that a lot over four hours. But I reckon, I say even more back in my day to the kids I love. But here's what have been the ultimate Back in my day because back in his day is a different century and none of us can top that. But this morning Big gifted a great prize pair of Fleetwood MACT tickets. Got details about extra tickets going on sale, which I'll give you in a minute. But yeah, we've got a pair of Fleetwood MACT tickets to go and see them live, which is incredible. They're coming over four nights at rod laver Reena in September. Let's all have calling this morning with your best back in my day. The other day, the kids were moaning about their iPad and I said, back in my day, we didn't even have those. And they looked at me and they went, did you just have like kindles in the library. You have to go to the library and sign out and borrow one of these books. Do have indoors have any of this? They were like, So what did you do for YouTube? There was no YouTube. It's still quite recent, there was none of this. Also, back in my day, the house had its own phone number. Jim and my mom and dad would actually pick up and go Hello Winchester and then give out the phone number, then actually say the phone number as they picked up the phone. The classic landline which some people still have now, but the houses. And then my other favorite one is when I tell my kids that back in my day, you arranged to meet your friends and if they were running late, there was no text in them to say where are you're calling them? You just presume they were dead. All right, Well, Toby's not coming, Toby's dead lost, another good one. Just go on our bikes and head off to the woods.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that boggle the mind?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: How how you would get anything done with it?
Speaker 2: Everything? Here's the thing, everything did get done. The world ran okay without them people met world's got four and one and ended people. The world still run okay when we had to turn up for an actual arrangement and a date. All right, then give us your best back in my day? What's your best back in my day? Nine four one four one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Shanna Twain man, I feel like a woman. Actually it's a connection between her and some what we did earlier at half six in the morning. You know where you were talking about. It's the birthday to day of the first ever McDonald's. Shana Twain, also former Muccades Employee series side with Jane Leno as well and the great Andy Lee. Yes, all for McDonald's or macas employees. All right, So we've got a pair of Fleetwood Mac tickets up for grabs. The reason is great news. I get asked more about these Fleetwood Mac tickets than anything else at the moment they're hearing September Neil Finn. Obviously with the with Fleetwood Mac now part of the lineup, they're possibly selling brilliant in four nights at the Rod Laver Arena. They've just released extra seats for all the four shows. You can get them, and I'd get them as quickly as you can once you stop listening to this show at ten o'clock. Of course Live Nation dot com dot au. So we're talking about the sad passing of the world's oldest man. Great point here from Nick who's texting Christian the oldest man alive has died again. It's almost like that title is cursed. Nick in runs with it West, you make a great point. You don't want to be the person they knock on the door of a go Hey, listen, the world's oldest manner has died. Is now you no, no, no, I'm sure there's a guy down the road in the village. He sleeps at twelve hours a day. He's now number one world's oldest person. So we're talking about back in my day. The world's oldest man. One hundred and twenty three would have had some amazing back in my days. So we're looking for your classic back in my days, what's yours, Jack? As a millennial, Well, we have.
Speaker 4: I mean everybody has their own video camera at them with them at all times.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Back in my day, Mum used to rent once a year around Christmas time a video camera and it took the VHS tape full in it, so you would do the big thing.
Speaker 2: It used to be like, yeah, they used to be great. Yes, I remember our wedding was filmed on one of those with the big old huge tripods. She used to be real, be truple and they're going to start to carry it around in a show and it was like a bazooka on the should that was massive, this thing. Okay, let's go to Shona point Cook, Good morning, Shoner, Hey Christian.
Speaker 7: Back in my day, we actually had to physically get up off the floor to change the channel on the TV and the boys. Did it make some arguments between the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember my dad would just say Son TV and that was it. Okay, sister, do it Son TV. And it was just there was only like two channels when I was going on the eighties to begin with. And then do you remember when the first remotes cameing on they had like that big coiling lead, didn't they that plugged into the TV. That's a great one shown. Thank you very much, Thank you, Natalie. Good morning, Natalie, welcome to the show. What's your back in my Day?
Speaker 6: Back in my Day? Is the Dismonds and Walkman's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, great, Well, I still think they're the best music formats in the world.
Speaker 6: I thought I was so calling. Now I'm finding that I'm not called to my eight year old niece.
Speaker 2: What the disc onan was? You know where you literally if you just moved a millimeter, that CD was jumping. That's right.
Speaker 4: Remember they all advertised shock protection. You could hit a shock protection, but worked.
Speaker 2: A butterfly flapped its wing a kilometer away. That thing was skipping. Absolutely useless walking around with dynamite in your hand. Nut me listen to a Rocky two soundtrack, right now. I still remember my cassette I had Slippery When Wet. That was the first album I had on Warpmen. Do you remember your first Warpman album?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, no, I was trying to think about it. I had the spy skills and the pop and.
Speaker 2: The R and B. So yeah, say R and B. Natalie never said those words again. It's like a swear word on the Shark. It's okay, you want to know, but you do now, Natalie. All right, Natni, thanks you cool. Have a good day mate, Thank you, Sue Hi.
Speaker 7: Christian.
Speaker 6: Back in my day, there was no such thing as daylight savings, and we knew it was the dinner time when the street lights came out.
Speaker 2: That's so true. You better be back before it gets dark. That was the only instructions that I had during summer holidays. That's a great one. That's be right. Yeah, So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Fleetwood Mac every week Gold one oh four point three. Just release extra tickets to all the four shows that are in rod Laver Arena when they're over in September. You can get them at livenation dot Com, do au and I've got a power right now for your best back in my day. The reason why I'm doing this is once again we're in the situation the world's oldest person, the world's oldest man has died at the age of and astonishing one hundred and twenty three years and his back in my days would have been amazing, spanning over a century. So what's your best back in my day? Some of the ones that are coming through I can almost age whether you're eighties or nineties. This one I can age quite easily. Christian, back in my day, I had to wait ten minutes to download a song on LimeWire Lime Wire. I haven't heard that in a very very long time. Do you remember all that napster LimeWire?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 2: Bit Torrent? Torrington us just shared hard drives.
Speaker 4: Torrent that now don't they They're faster now, But early days of Lime, I remember it taking overnight.
Speaker 2: I sit download an album when we be up there for a day or two. Christian back in my day, we had to write in cursive. A lot of people listen to this right now, younger kids can score and go mummy or Daddy, what's cursive joined up handwriting. All right, then, so let's say the last couple of cars before the headlines. Let's go to Phil. Good morning, good morning, good morning, and what's your back? In my day?
Speaker 6: Back in my day, we made a swimming pool out of plywood on the front Randa one summer, and of.
Speaker 2: Course one of the toughest materials known to mankind playwoods water meet plywood. So let me guess what happened. Then you jumped in and well it was up against the weather board. Home perfect.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure that it was plywood. My brother's made it and they were ten years older than me. But it did hold some water for some time, and we had to keep on refilling it.
Speaker 2: To keep we Well that's going when you say sometime, what do you mean about ten seconds?
Speaker 6: No longer than that. I don't know what they did to jimmy it up, but it held some water for quite sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well that's impressive. All right, thank you very much, she called Phil. Have a good day. Thank you, bye aye, bye, Tony, Good morning, Christian, good morning, tea bone and what's your back? In my day?
Speaker 8: Was?
Speaker 6: Back in my day there was bonfires and fireworks and everyone would gather around the street and set them all up.
Speaker 2: Those days are still here. They haven't passed away. That technology hasn't been replaced with anything better than fireworks and bonfires. No, it was awesome, but.
Speaker 4: I guess fireworks are legal now legal now you can't all. I know a place in footscram you can get to. You know, everyone knows the place you can get some of those doorsgy Chinese ones. They're sort of going really wisband. There's always like someone who's gone under counter one, or you go in when it's quiet and you're going to.
Speaker 2: Think a little bit stronger at the back, and the other thing where they look around and go, wait, there's something that'll blow your face off.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Sad scenes here right now on the show. Producer Becker today, I didn't really that. She just told me it's two years she's been working this radio station and in the fickle shark infested waters of breakfast radio. That sounds me very proud of, especially because she's obviously she was on a show and sometimes that's a bit stinky how radio stations hand all going for one to the other and sometimes they flush out a wholesale dumping. They can just flush everything, can't they. And she survive it because she's very very good. But she just came in looking really annoyed because so on from some department here anniversaries department. It's just attached a really sad balloon. And normally balloons are happy things, aren't they? Happy birthday? I'm nine, and it's not even fully inflated, is it. It looks like this is the saddest happy anniversary of your work. Here, that's what you get. It's the way she went. They're making me wear the balloon.
Speaker 5: Allan in the newsroom got one and it's at the top of the roof.
Speaker 2: They got to one hundred. Yeah, I mean he must have known that world's oldest man. He's just carcked it. And I've been taking him off his phone contacts list a couple of back in my days that are coming now late to Lobarti's. We've given the tickets away, but these are very good. Christian. My dad got some big bonus at work and we went to your homeland, England years ago when I was a kid, and Christian, you've been a date this there and sell well, Jack and Pats on this plane furthest we'd ever gone, flying all the way to England for the first time ever. There was a smoking and non smoking section on the plane and they pulled a curtain to stop the smoke, and that did not work. Chris, that's a great one. Yet, can you believe that in a confined area like that, a plane a tube that had smoking and non smoking I remember, only about ten or fifteen years ago, on some cheaper flights around the world, you'd sometimes get in an old plane that had the little lashtrays in the handress. Christian. My dad used to always try and play this game as well. Back in my day. His one was so lame we never believed it. In the gullible kids. He used to try and tell us that he had to walk five miles of school every day uphill then downhill, and it when it rained. Instead of an umbrella, he had to put a live chicken on his head to keep and we would laugh at him and he would just get angry and say it was a live chicken above his head walking with her head to keep dry. That's great. Lisa also got another one here. Back in my day, my brother and I would lie on the floor and off in front of the radio with a tape deck, try and record every Sunday evening all the latest chart songs of the American forty countdown with kse Cassin. Yeah I did. Yeah, I used to do that as well. Did you do that?
Speaker 4: I think that was a bit before my time.
Speaker 2: I used to do that. And this is really sad thing to say as a young wannabe DJ, what I would do and this is where everyone go loser. Listen to this right now, Ernie, don't judge me, but I would record the top forty countdown. Then I would play it back before the DJ would say what the song was. I'd do it myself, then press play like I was playing. I like that, that's cute, Like I was playing the song. That was when I was twenty seven.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's.
Speaker 3: Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three emails is coming from Dominic. Still late to la party. But back in my day, Christian, I remember when, back in my day when we're people smoked cigars in the waiting room in the hospital when I male child was born Toominic. Can you love to get your email? But never ever refer to yourself as I male child. Did you type that to Google Translate a translator of foreign language? Then back into when I male child was born? John, Thank you very much, Christian. Back in my day, every child in primary school, every school was given a small bottle of milk. Also, there was a daily milk delivery at home. You must have had that. I did at school. Yeah, did you get the milk? And then they took it away one day.
Speaker 5: And they left it out in the sun and it went a court.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, Christian, the quickest way to rewind our music was with a big, better biro pen Brett. I remember those days with cassettes, cushion. Back in my day, we had a gun club at school Friday afternoon sport clay pigeon shooting. What school do you go to? Did you go to school with the two princes Harry and William Saturday afternoon sport clay pigeonshit.
Speaker 5: My brothers did that at Tech school.
Speaker 2: Training at the next generation of bank robbers.
Speaker 5: It was an elective in sports.
Speaker 4: I mean we talked the other day about woodworking. Just being able to can trol all the kids, thirty kids in one class.
Speaker 2: How do you control the loaded guns shotguns as well? All right, so we are a show in need of your help. This show is a year old. If we make it to three weeks Friday on No, I think it's less than three weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, June four is our first birthday, then June seven will be the Friday that we hopefully celebrate.
Speaker 2: No, not hopefully, we are going to celebrate. However, what we want to do then on a Friday, to celebrate a year of the show at the end of the week is go to the bud with you and buy you a drink. Scept at the note the moment, we'll go nowhere because we can't find a parble venue that will just give us a room on a Friday night. There are some, but they are either too small and we're looking for someone with fifty thousand people. Jesus is get a load of this guy's been here eleven and a half months and he wants set out to fifty thousand listeners.
Speaker 4: Don Fleetwood math from that fourth night at.
Speaker 2: So we we we're just looking for a part, but it needs to be a decent sized room. It's three weeks Friday. That's why it's been a bit hard at the moment. We there are lots of great venues, and then when we're in them, the booked out of Friday night. So what kind of room are we looking for?
Speaker 4: Well, we went somewhere with seat is that right? Yes, that has a seated capacity so that we can perform to people who are sitting down.
Speaker 2: Jack is going to do a year of the show through the Meetium of Dance, which is very very kind to him. Thank you for doing that. It's been showed me some of the moves at the moment, especially what happened in June when it first launched. How he does that. It's so dramatic when he throws himself to the floor and has a tantrum when he has how hard it is to keep these hours. So Jack's doing that. That's going to do some of our dodgy poetry, which I've t told you. But we are going to do a live, one night only, a late night version of this Beckford show. It's gonna be a room and a pub. But we just need to know if you've got any ideas, you might know someone that works or runs a pub, or you may be this is you right now, and you get ready to go to a good bub with a decent size function room. Please let us know nine four one four, one oh four three Oh you've gone in at the rod Laver.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for this morning? Is that word time waste all this week? Then we're giving you the chance to go to Gabs Beer Cider and Food Fest back again this Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a beer taste on the show yesterday you and and three mates we're going to pass and send you down this Friday night on us today? Is that worth time wasteter? We were talking about this an hour ago about the world's oldest man sadly passing away, and they're they're going to make a movie about his life. One hundred and twenty three years he lived to be. So we're looking for movie titles. Make a movie, older, older movies. I've got Cardigan's or the Galaxy, Cardigans of the Galaxy, Brave Heart, Transplant Too Dark, Cardigans of the Galaxy, Start Again, Cardigan's of the Galaxy, good Will writing, Write that Will, good Will writing, Get off my lawn, mower man. What's the film lawn mo Man Brosnan. It's a very futuristic movie there. Good movie there, Get off my lawn, mower man with sus a tap bill instead of kill Bill, Bill and bingo unchanged. I think I might retire there and go home. Nothing but nothing better is going to come from me this morning. Okay, look, Jack, what have you got for older movies? Debbie does denches disgusting get out. I know you're on ROYD at the moment, but just watch the aggression on air. Please on the FM dial, Sir, Daddy Shack a creepy headline, some enter our players a bit up to no good Daddy Shack.
Speaker 4: Jerry Atric maguire, Hey, so.
Speaker 2: What wasn't noise? Now? It was you know, basic back ache to the future. Nice el rota. All right, then send us yours make a movie older. There's the outwork time wasted today. Oh four seven five O three one O four three for yours Oh four seven five O three one oh four three, make a movie older this morning on the atwork time Waster.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, time to Jack and mark the time waster today. We're asking on the sad passing of the formerly World's strongest man at the amazing age of one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 4: Three, world's oldest man at one hundred and twenty three years old. He's the world's strongest man.
Speaker 2: We're talking about make a movie older? Are you reading to Mark? Yes, knitting Hill, Great start, Gold, This is a sad one nursing home alone, Gold girl with a droopy tattoo. Bronze Sister Cataract, so that WHOOPI Gold mo movie sisteract. That's a brilliant Giovanni Worldne the Fast and the Fossils, Silver Bunny and Geelong World done. How did it jump? In ten Days? Gold plas Luke and Noosa, Harry Potter and the pensioners from as Askeban Silver Nursing Home Alone had it? Bronze, I forgot what you did last summer Silver Silence of the Lamingtons. That's funny. Silver Florence and Alpington. I liked it. The Dark Knight retires Gold Dancers with Walkers, Silver plus Granny Shack better than mine. Gold, Gout of Africa.
Speaker 4: Which runs gout again, get it, but it's a great pun Gold plus.
Speaker 2: Wayne, well done. Dude, where's my I was wondering where they were coming. It's almost been two shots on the outland time. Ways to come on, team, work harder, chuck a dude in every day whatever we're doing. Dude, where's my Viginity Scooter Bronze forgetful Sarah Marshall. So they're forgetting Sarah Marshall Silver plus, the Faster and the Frail Silver, SpongeBob high Pants.
Speaker 4: Gold plus.
Speaker 2: You didn't put your name on that, but that is smart. Whoever you are with the mobile number ending one for one, thank you, one for one, fifty shades of gray hair Silver, who simmer framed Roger Rabbit slip? I was looking for one for zimmer Frame gold. This is this is this is really bad. I think we can do this. Liam and Glenn Hunty that is really funny, But I think can you just give us the movie? Honey? I shrunk the Liam and Glenn Hunty that is know that it's very very funny. Uh, Daddy aged care silver? What an amount of o G Ocean grove? Dude wears my walking frame, Dude wears my pill seven years a pensioner and finally this morning make a movie Older Nappy Gilmore so Gold Okay, who is going to the tickets for them at three Mates to Go this Friday opening Day and night of GABS Beer, Cider and Food Fest. It's like Disneyland for beer lovers.
Speaker 4: They didn't leave their name, but the owner of SpongeBob high Pants.
Speaker 1: Deserved winner the first time O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So where were you last night?
Speaker 4: At a Good Beer Week event? I mean it culminates in GABS this weekend, which we're giving away tickets for, but the Good Beer Week runs all week. I was at an event for a beer called Bolter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's nice that you always like drinking that. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: I've actually done some work with them, some emceeing work with them in the past.
Speaker 2: So they invited me. So slow down, sorry, slow down, Chris Rock and emceeing. What what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Em like I hosted an event of this?
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay, yeah corporate, Well.
Speaker 4: You don't see me as a host type.
Speaker 2: Oh I do, I very much do. But obviously was it sort of midday? Because no, only your body clot works. They they hire you for an eight o'clock start in the evening, Captain snoozes up there doing them and then turn the lights down and getting some sleep on stage at half eight.
Speaker 4: Well, I battled it out last night and went to a school night event, which is very rare, tough how they ever go out on school night.
Speaker 2: But it was a great event.
Speaker 4: It was comedy, food, beer.
Speaker 2: Bill Rook was there.
Speaker 4: It's a great Standupjill Rook was one of the headliners with Luke mcgregorant. All the comics were really funny. And it was only yesterday that the guys from Bolta said, hey, do you want to come along to this event?
Speaker 2: Last minute invite? Well read for their old guy. Who's that guy? And that fell the sleep? Mcen Where is he?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: That's what I actually realized as I was sitting at my table. The rest of my table are big beer and wine fans, obviously, and they keep talking about this guy, Matt Skinner, and I guess people might know him. He's a familiar and famous wine author. He opened Restaurant fifteen with Jamie Oliver's Oh wow, they keep talking about Matt Skinner. Matt Skinner, he was going to be here tonight. He works with the chef until I realized, oh, he was meant to be sitting at the table. And then it dawned on me why my invite was only twenty four hours old.
Speaker 2: Pull it out he could have. Oh no, And then people always just it's not your fault, right, But people get actually mildly irritated when you turn up and you're not the person. They despise you already, don't they They don't even give you a chug. I lincked to them on the show. We need to talk take calls on late replacements because I've had to do this before. So if you've got a story for us, email it into our Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. And also that's the same email dress if you on a book Jack for any mcne he only does matinees though only does matter to days.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Title of today's show is Mickey Mouse FM. Mc Jack posters off to the gym, now as what are you getting strong for? Can I ask strong boy just for life goal? No, it's goodwin. I've got my boxing later on today as well. But I've noticed you're taking it very seriously. Are you boking up with all those kind of angel Does protein powders that you see the big guys and Jim chugging out, You know those like Lima in there. They're just massive mound.
Speaker 4: I've loaded up there. You know how I have these morning smoothies. They think like concrete now because I've tried to put too much protein.
Speaker 2: And that's the stuff that Larance Armstrong was using when he won all those races illegally. All right, back to my morning.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three