Speaker 1: We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land that we record this podcast on and pay respects to the elders, past, present and emerging.
Speaker 2: We must always remember that under the concrete and asphalt that this land is, was, and always will be Aboriginal Land. Hi. I'm Rumby. Hi, I'm Amanda. Welcome to its lad In Studio a special edition. Can you Roomy was going to do that standard operating procedure. Where are we, Amanda? Oh my gosh, Roomby, Welcome to Melbourne. Thank you. It's been a long time coming and I'm so thrilled to be here. We're so happy that we could be together and doing it in video.
Speaker 1: This is the next level crazy, Like I'm just like, who are we? Where's our little laptop?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Literally, I feel so like, oh my gosh, where's my little zoom? You know? Press record? Have your press record? Well, we hope their preys record and are actually recording because that. But no, I'm so excited. I've only been here for about a day. It's still jet lag. But you know how we do have to get on the mic ready to go, you know, to bring you the goods, the good goods. Yeah, so I made you come to Melbourn rmbe Okay, do I have to have a reason to see you? Maybe, I don't know. No, definitely see you, to spend Christmas with you and see your rom. He's such a big boy. I saw him last at Christmas last year, so it's so crazy to see how much he's grown. And so we're just so happy to be here with the family and spend time with you and then.
Speaker 1: Get to do this like recording in studio, something you've wanted to do forever ages in person. So thank you to the team behind the scenes, getting us together.
Speaker 2: Getting us together. What are we going to be talking about today?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's been such a long time since we've done our getting to know us I think season one and now in season five, and so much growth has happened.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, we're both.
Speaker 1: Married, now, I have a kid, Like, so many things have happened that like we thought, why not.
Speaker 2: Rewind and go back and also get better insight into us? Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah. So we're gonna start off with a bit of an icebreaker because you know we're new to this. You know, we just got nice things today, Okay, and that's all I'm saying, I'm not gonna lie. So we're gonna start with a bit of an icebreaker. We're gonna pick a card from this job over here. If you're watching, So, Amana do the honors like he did, We love like you did, go for it? Am I asking you all my answering.
Speaker 1: Oh, who's the most likely to start a controversial conversation?
Speaker 2: I think both of us, but I think Amanda more. So I'm gonna put it out there. Am I right? Am I? Yeah? I think me. Yeah, I just be like, let me ask. You're not afraid. I feel like you're not afraid of going there. So, yeah, who's naught here? Just because it's Christmas? You don't have to be asking? I would say, me tell us why. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Actually, I think it's just you don't give a damn about more things than me. Yeah, I think you would.
Speaker 1: Probably you want to be, but you're probably overthink it.
Speaker 2: But you're also an overthinker. But I think not. You're nice, You're just like whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, I think my mom not being around helps because there's no one to tell you the wrong. Wow, you said what are your social media it?
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know. Everyone thinking they're an expert. That's probably the thing that irretates me all the time. Like I'm just like just because it doesn't mean you're all experts. And also people taking what someone says on social media as the bible. It's like, do your research, read an article, go and grab a tree, yeah, read a book, climate tree, walk barefoot. I don't know, do something with your life. I don't know. Don't get everything from social media?
Speaker 1: You know what I feel you with that because a lot of times, obviously now with momhood, people be like, oh, I've got the sleeping training schedule, Like if you do this, your kid will sleep through the night.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Then download my health Like, girl, like just tell us the secret. I don't need to be downloaded book. Oh yeah whatever, it is just like your e book. I mean, I love entrepreneurship, but so bo's just like.
Speaker 2: They hook you too much everything let me tell you or like when they're like let me give you tips and you're like, you actually didn't give me anytims. This is common Yeah, so true, so true. That's a cool one. What are your fashions? Oh, that's good for you.
Speaker 1: I think I've already shared on my social media a clip of Rihanna saying when people don't are not authentic to themselves, And I think that one definitely is for me. But also when people are stuck in the rat oh yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Then they don't want to do anything about it.
Speaker 1: So like you've already approached me, So I would assume you've already done the like emotional journey of going okay, I don't want to dress myself, but then you're not quite ready for the chick Like I'm okay to hold your hand over the line, but I can't convince you. Yeah, so there's a fine line, like it's like okay, why are you here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you weren't ready to Also like.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like you have to be like a therapist? Yeah yeah yeah yeah, And it's fine and the person eventually comes around. But then sometimes it's like a lot of back and forth with emailing especially, and then you can't charge for that, right, and it's like my time is money at this and your time is also money.
Speaker 2: So it's also like okay, you want this done or do you really? Do you really? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So for me, it's quite hard Okay, let's see who's most likely to strike up a conversation with a stranger.
Speaker 2: Amanda, I think this is you. Like no, like I can in a situation be sociable, but like I like to avoid talking to people in general. I don't really like people. I don't know if i'm so any people of this.
Speaker 1: I don't like having people, but I love having a podcast talking to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so of course that's why your one can strike up a conversation with strangers. I can do it if I need to. I've had to learn how to be sociable, you know what I mean. But like you've always been see people. I see you as a friend. So for me, it's so hard to see you not striking up. I feel like you do. Like even today when you picked up stuff, you're like, Hi, okay, she's on it. I'm just being polite. Like I don't ask them about their life. You will ask people at about your life, though, And you're very sociable, Like even when you were in school, you were like she was she talked about I'm very much an interviet I'm like, who are you? I don't need to know you, Like, give me my space. That's what I'm saying. I'm just saying. I'm just saying. So is it my turn? Okay? Sorry, I'm losing track. Are we doing all of these? I don't know. Okay, you can just girl who is gullible? I think the fact that you you that will be you. It's true. And y'all you and my sister actually like to make fun of me actually because you know how gullible I am, and then they talked him against me.
Speaker 1: This thing is you're also quite confident with it, like you're like, did you guys hear this song with this that was out a year ago or something?
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, I just heard it. It's like where have you been? And the funny thing.
Speaker 1: Is you love being like pop culture, and so when you find something that you don't know I really just know cute about it.
Speaker 2: And it's like, how does she like? Where did this? And I'm val word about a lot of things like it really just like misses me completely, so.
Speaker 1: But it makes you you. Okay, another pair. Okay, I don't know how much time someone timing us, because it could be here forever. Who's most likely to take off their earrings and grab their vesseline?
Speaker 2: Is that even a question. Guys, take a guess that would not be me, though, it would not be me.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I can't see I'm just saying that. But having said that, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Think if someone pushed you, I would, but I'm not violent. Oh yeah, I'm not violent. Yeah, but you you I use my word, Yeah, you'd use the words. I think you'd use your words before me. Yeah, I'll just be like, I don't think that's nice, but I reckon both of that's a huge tolerance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before like, if you see me going there then and you and for me, I really don't like to be angry.
Speaker 2: So when you see me angry, it means like you've here. Yeah yeah, yeah you yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's the people pleaser, and that's probably that's true. Some therapy is needed.
Speaker 2: Why do we always go back to therapy? I feel like every podcast episode goes back to we should get a therapy. Have we talked about that? This is our therapy, guys, Yeah, this is therapy. Thanks for being here in the session with us. Okay, all right, So now we're going to get into some other questions getting to know us. Still some fun, some a little more serious. So I'll start with a fun one. Okay, let's go. If I randomly showed up at your house at one am without telling you, why, what would you immediately assume is going on without telling me why? Assuming we live together? Yeah, this is like it's long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think something happened with you and Tom. Oh it has to be that, Yeah, because I think Tom would never let you leave the house at one am.
Speaker 2: I'll come with you. That's so she wrapped up alone. Yeah, that actually got.
Speaker 1: I would think what's happened or what happened to Tom. It's either what's happened between you or what's happened to Tom.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think so. I think it's actually not a fun question now, but who put that under? Fine? I'm like, oh, that's actually deep with you. I think for you to be like we're going out, yea, let's go, let's go, baby said I locked in, Let's go, turn up, turn up. Yeah, I think that would be you.
Speaker 1: I just think you would like overthink it. You'd be like, one am rocking up?
Speaker 2: Why am I doing that? Yeah? And also trouble would also be like where are you going? I'll definitely overthinking. I'm like I don't want to wake people up, it's too much, you know type of thing that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: What's one story about us that you're definitely gonna tell your kids?
Speaker 2: Oh, how we thought we were sugar in high school? And then like I wrote a song and recorded it, like, let's cooreograph. We're gonna be in the interact variety show and show them how it's done. And we didn't show them how jealousy jealousy people blocked us. They really shut it down, shut it down. But I think that's so cute, Like what happened to that song? Needs to release? This? My sister had the CD somewhere and every time I listened back to like, cringe, cringe, cring, Why because you did record it in the studio? And yeah, I did it all that I think, But to be fair, like, oh, actually my son writing schools are not bad, like for like a fifteen year old's fifteen sixteen. Yeah, maybe one day, maybe maybe I re record. You know how these artists when they don't have rights to their masters and then they do already record. How that would be? I think such a full circle moment song. Yea, sony, you heard that? Please find it? Thank you? Okay, this is supposed to be a deeper question. What would most people be surprised to learn about you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe that I'm very sensitive, Yeah, very very hyper sensitive. Yeah more than I like let it go on. I just keep it insides and I'm like a duck on water.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then under there them legs be kicking, like I'll you know what you say about and I like replay conversations in my head.
Speaker 2: Should I say that? Should have? I remember in high school because for some reason, everyone felt they should emotionally dump on you, Like everyone used to go to a man and be like I'm going through this or whatever. And I remember you saying to me, what about me? And I think that's so true to what you're saying, because you do seem like the strong friend, you know when they say check on your strong friends. A man that definitely gives that energy. But she's also like a soft spirit inside. So that's an element that people. Yeah, what about you? Surprise that I'm an introvert? No, we all know the chain and shift don't.
Speaker 1: Actually Yeah, people who don't know you, Yes, they don't know because they're singing and the ad libbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very much an intervert. I love my I can be alone all the time. I'm like, why do I have to go outside? Like why do I? I don't like people? I think I've already said twice, but like, yeah, but most people are like there's no way, and I'm like, I learned to be a functioning member of society and have social skills, but they've always been for me.
Speaker 1: It's always been no way with you. I've never seen you as I could think what's the middle one and be ambivit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what you are. Yeah, because yeah, you I don't know. Maybe I haven't whopped, No, I get it, but I think I can understand why what is an intro? Like people throw that word around? For me, I define it as I get charged up by being alone and people. Being around people takes energy out of me and a thousand percent does. That's why I'm like, how was I a teacher for so long? Because that's like the complete like energy drain. So yeah, definitely, all right, now you have to answer this question about me. Yeah, what is something I can't live without? Ooh? Music? Like do I think that far? Actually that was a bit fast, Like sorry, this is obviously objects Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it will be music and for you something you can't live without. I would also say music because I think we really thrive on that wavelength.
Speaker 1: In another life, I am a singer, and the life our child like people I don't know, like Brandy, I don't know, sound like such a millennial. My reference points are.
Speaker 2: Sel you need to be saying a little uzy, what was what these baby little baby Beyonce?
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, you know, like I think, like when I see like, yeah, Beyonce is movie, what if I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, man, that would have been me? It would have been me on that stage. It's true, It's true. It's my voice. Didn't you have a voice. We're in quiet together for the longest, so yeah, but not yeah, but who's on Beyonce? So true?
Speaker 1: Okay, if you turned on the TV and saw me on a reality show, would show to be and what will I be doing on it?
Speaker 2: I think you'd be next in fashion? Claim it? Claim it because you like fashion, like think of that one. Wow, it just came to me because I was going to say The Real Housewives because I know you like it, but for you actually to be active on a show, I think you would be next in fashion. And I think you would be a stylist or a judge on there. I don't know if you're really a like designer designer in terms of the suwing, but I think you'd have a lot of opinion about like how people put things together or helping people put things together, so like Next and Fashion or Project Runway, like Fashion Police. Yes, I can see you on Fashion Police. That's going to be my answer for you.
Speaker 1: People think like I think it's like a pop culture critic for sure. I don't know if there is one. Is there one? BuzzFeed is what buzz pop?
Speaker 2: E pop?
Speaker 1: It used to be on E some pop something see you know them already, So that's what I would picture. I cannot see on a reality show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have time for that. Yeah, people dealing with my My little note about reality shows is that like life has enough drummer, I don't need to be creating, like manufacturing for TV like relax. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like I just can't see you arguing and going into all the like reality show is good, but people are arguing because that's why we don't watch it for happy days.
Speaker 2: We watched before you.
Speaker 1: Know, the drumming, no drums yeah, they'll drain your energy for sure.
Speaker 2: I'll just be like, actually I don't need this and leave. And I don't think that next to the TV. I'm just saying, the producer will be like, Okay, that's not what we started up for. Okay, get in mode. All right. My next question for you is if you had never met me before, what would your first impression of me be after spending thirty minutes together.
Speaker 1: It would be totally wrong, but my first impression to be like, she's loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I think, oh my gosh, it's loud.
Speaker 1: She's super like you are super confident, but you know that's super confident.
Speaker 2: Where it's like she's yeah, like you know, run the room like yeah. I would be like, it's a lie.
Speaker 1: So that's why I think people will be like what, yes, true, because I think your first impression is the utter opposite of what you.
Speaker 2: Really self as. Yeah. I think maybe it's also a bit of projection or self preservation. You're kind of like, I put this mask on so people don't try to get so you go there first before they yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why I think you would strike up a conversation with a stranger.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm not letting that one clearly. I'm like, but you are more into it, like you be like feeling someone just like so where are you from? Like when on holiday? Like, oh yeah, so are you traveling? I think, you know what, I actually think that's such an Australian thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe because Aussies love a good like yah or chat like more so than like even just joking around and like greet each other, even people walking past in the street like morning, I'm like, oh yeah, morning. You know, when you go to London and New York, people will be like, why are you talking to me?
Speaker 2: To me? Leave me alone? Somethink that's like an auto culture thing. Well that's true. I would definitely think you're like social butterfly, like friends with everyone, but you kind of are like you're friendly with it Amanda. For those who don't know, Amanda is like liked by many and all like you just have, but known by few. Could be true, but like I think, yeah, whereas for me, I'm just like I don't have to now it sounds like a mean person. I'm not meaning, but like, just yeah, you you you give room and space for people in a very like open way, like you're not afraid to talk to people, like you give people second chances.
Speaker 1: I'm very yeah, we work on the second chances thing, yeah, very much. You know you make mistakes, but I havn't said that. I also would let me it is the librand me, you're walking over be like, I can't be.
Speaker 2: Then I can be forgiving, but then I once I cut off, just like anybody at time for this. So yeah, that's true. What's your pet peeve? Then, when it comes to people who my pet peeve is people who think they're better than others, just like moving with that energy. I really dislike that because I'm like, you don't know someone's story. A lot of where we are in life is also like lack of the draw sometimes, like you don't choose where you're born, you don't choose how you look, you don't choose, and of course we learn and develop over time, but like, I don't think you're better than someone just because I don't know superficial things. It really frustrates me, Like it irks me, grinds my titties. I always say, really hate it, But yeah, what about you, what's a I think it's.
Speaker 1: The same, but more like maybe the obnoxious version. Well, people were poor listeners. Oh yeah, Like you're talking to someone and they're like oh yeah, then then I'm like okay, I yes, I don't get a chance to say anything. And there's a difference between someone who's loud and vivacious but the convo is like blowing, whereas someone who's just like blatantly not even listening to you, and like then I'm just like why why.
Speaker 2: Why are you even trying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they don't realize it as well. Self awareness is a thing. It's crucial, Like I think we all have our flaws, but please can we know about them?
Speaker 2: And some eq yeah, gets some emotional intelligence, go buy it somewhere rented. I don't know, try try.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse than telling someone something that's so them and they have no idea and then they look at you like no, I'm not like that eye the room is like oh yes you are, yes, you know, like at least no, okay, I can be like this.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't intend. But don't you think it's because it's hard for us to accept the not so great sides of us, So then we just cellino and I think only in adulthood. In the last few years, have I really come to be like, it's okay to you have the ugly side of you and embrace that. I really struggle perfectionists. We've was like a million times. So, yeah, what's something we've gone through together that's hilarious now even though it was not funny when it happened. Oh, there's so much So what relationship relationships? Lord, jeezuz so much A long way. Yeah, we've come a lot of it hilarious. Oh my gosh, I have a story. Yes, when it was our leavers dance and then you have gone away, Thank my girl. I can't help it.
Speaker 1: It's the first tie that like just wand my livers. It's so so kind two thousand and two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think people listening to this podcast aren't even born room.
Speaker 2: Don't say that, Okay, don't say that. But I remember, so my date flaked on me. I had a date setup, I was like happy with my date, and then my date flaked on me. And then last minute replacement replacement through someone and we were in class with and so this person ended up being super clean and just annoying. And it takes a lot to annoy me, does it? But like I found that time, I took a lot to annoy me, and he was super cleaning and was so frustrating, and I started running away this guy the whole night. And then I like go to a man and I'm like, oh gosh, I remember we took photos and he wanted to be in the photo. And I've never been so rude. Yeah, like shut him down, like and running. I ran away the whole night. Then I think something happened with this brother having to go to hospital. He's like, no, I'll stay here with you, and I was like, don't go to go he needs please go, please, please don't stay. So that's a funny story, Like, but then I was so annoyed, Like it was just annoying. Yeah, being set up.
Speaker 1: By people before the age of the internet was not good because you're like, kin't even say, can you show me its profile?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, hello, you have to trust and quote unquote someone's reference terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if someone told you had gone viral on TikTok overnight, what would you assume I was doing in the video.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm laughing. It's going back to the vaseline one. Oh my gosh, you're not going to be the people. But like I think we have a story where we were on holiday and we were traveling with some person and then they were causing drama and Amanda had had it like.
Speaker 1: She was here and she was like stop doing that, like and they cried, You're.
Speaker 2: Not gonna be and then she was like hold your friend, your sister whatever. Like it was so like I'll live forget her being so mad, and I was just like, oh my gosh. So like it's it's a viral moment.
Speaker 1: I think for you to be singing, I don't know why you're not singing room being Maybe I'm always sending you like I'm that friend someone's saying doing a TikTok challenge.
Speaker 2: I'm likebbe yeah, she send it to me, And I was like, waiting for your viral moment.
Speaker 1: And I'll just be the friend from the world and I'll be differendrom.
Speaker 2: Remember it's supposed to be my stylist. Yes, okay, I want to be differend. I want to be the what's her name, Melissa is it? Oh? Yeah, Rianna. I'll be a photographer something that I don't know that you can be a stylist. Okay, let's work. Okay, fine, you just come along for the ride exactly. Okay. The next one for you is what are my biggest green flags?
Speaker 1: Oh? How generous you are with your time, with your energy, which is so funny because that's maybe that's what's training. You're giving too much in the way, I think, so yeah, maybe keep something.
Speaker 2: That's why I keep the group small, like the friends, because I feel like I want to be committed, like one hundred percent, and and then if they're too many people, it's hard for me to be like, no, you only get ten percent.
Speaker 1: And you've always been able to see things from different angles, which I think when you that's why we're saying they're rolling vessel. And I'm like, okay, if I'm gonna be that friend, then I can't have I need you.
Speaker 2: Because then you're gonna be like girl, are you sure? Yeah? Right there. Some friends were just like Okay, it was hot, we'll be hot.
Speaker 1: There's some friends it's cold, now, will be cold, you know, whereas I think you'd be like, okay, but did you look at it from the different which can be very confronting. Yeah, because obviously if you're sensitive about something someone says, have you thought You're like, no, just look at it from my ankle player, you know, but you're like.
Speaker 2: No, did you consider this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I think that's a valuable thing for people to have in a social circle.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'll take that shill for me. You're green flags. I think you're just like consistently there, like I don't know how to explain it, and non judgmental. I think I judge myself first, and then I'll tell Amanda something and think she's gonna judge me. She's like why the hell, Like no, there's no way I'll do. You're very supportive in that, and you care about the person's well being. So it's like I'm here for you as long as you can get because someone may be like, yes, you must get your ish together. I don't care, but like you're patient in that way. I love that about you, and I love that. I guess the whole premise of this podcast, right is like you can we can delve together and be like what about this? And it's like, oh, what about this? And it's okay to have differing perspectives on things. Yes, you know, even if you're good friends. And I think That's very important because you can't be, as we say, an echo chamber all the time. Yeah, and you're just loving and kind and just you really thoughtful, very thoughtful about others, thoughtful about whether it's gifts, but you really think about a person first and try to be there for them and make them happy in the way that they can receive, which is because sometimes you do. Sometimes you give what you would like to get, like I had, I was taking it. I'll give you this handback, girl. I was taking a course and this class meet was like, oh, his friend gifted him a Star Wars tea shirt and people are like, oh, do you like Star It's like, no, my friend and my friend is someone who loves Star, wasn't He was like, here's a T shirt? You know, so people could do that, But you're very considerate of War.
Speaker 1: I think there's libra energy. Do you have spend time as of libras? We're very like balanced really and I even think, Okay, the most famous one I can think of is Kim k Please. I don't know why I'm using as a reference point, but I am. But like, yeah, I think she also has within the family strong stoic when she's actually quite sensitive. Yes, that's you know, the one who's thoughtful, the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Libra. Sorry, I don't know much about time.
Speaker 1: You're Leo, which is why I don't know why you think you're an interit as a Leo.
Speaker 2: Do you know? I get you. I've been called the leo because we don't have a great rip. You're not a leo my mind. Your energy is not like but people tell me like, yeah, but you like attention and all that. So that's why I think the first impression question. Yeah, yeah, that's I need to learn. Because there's the there's this, then there's the moon sight, what's the earth? Oh yeah, the time? So you have different yeah yeah, you have different elements, so I need to find out what the other thing is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what balance. Yeah yeah, yeah, balance is me.
Speaker 1: If someone told you I was arrested, please do not bring up the sale without giving any additional explanation.
Speaker 2: What's the first assumption you'd make about it and why they got the wrong person? Oh girl, thank you, you're a true friend. Because I was like, I was going to say then I'm like, actually, I'll be like, no, it's not that deep. Yeah, we're arrested girl. I'm too cute from she said, I'd be like and also a man is very like logical. She's like, I got a kid, I need to like, I support family. I had like, there's no time to be missed on that. It's not that deep.
Speaker 1: Unless it's false accusations. Yeah, but then funny thing is also being Zimbabwean.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine nothing?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, people like, what were you doing? I think for you it would be again case of mistaken I cannot see it be.
Speaker 2: Really like, yeah, I think a suppose we overthink everything. So we're like trying to make sure you get all the road Definitely, I think so. And for you, we're on a road trip and you hand me the ors cable, what song of artists do I put on? First? Beyonce? Anything Beyonce first? You guys on my Spotify wrap, I was told that I'm with the one percent of Beyonce, and I'm like house sway, okay. I like Bey but not like you clearly do. I'm not like that. I'm not a b I really say I'm not a Bee Hyper. I don't think I think I'm a secret bee Hyper. I think so, But I definitely a hyper, I'm not certified. In my head, I'm like, I'm more of a Solange girl as much as she's not in your face like that. Do you think you like solangees vibe? Yeah, vibe or maybe Beyonce is more accessible I feel so, yeah, but so she's there. I like Solange songwriting. I like how she layers, you know, in her music so much because Brandy is one of my favorite artists. But when she does her harmonies, like she really and it's not so much about the power, it's about the intricacies. But on a day to day you know, I'll play Beyonce to be fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think Beyonce people gets people HiPE each other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like renaissance at the moment is just like if that's the moment, the restaurant is always a constant, but maybe more in the background. Yeah, like I'm cleaning, I'll put the Solange, but I'm going out beyond for sure for sure. But also don't like putting them against other That's what the.
Speaker 2: Completely different leagues of like totally.
Speaker 1: And also I think Beyonce we grew up with her, like, yeah, you know this since child we were growing up, she was that girl, she's like a big cis energy.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I think you If it's not Beyonce, I think you do like a burner. Some afro has been my top artist and four Yeah that's I love his raps.
Speaker 1: Just be giving me props for that. Berner, Yeah, definitely, I love his b D.
Speaker 2: Like he just gives you like that, come correct, correct otherwise I will miss up. He will tell you now. He's the one to face like what are you saying? Yeah, for sure. I watched this, like you know, these magazines have these YouTube interviews and he had to try different food or whatever. Literally was just like I'm not trying that, Like like he gives that and he's like, Nope, not doing that. He's sure of himself. Definitely, very sure. So I asked you about getting arrested. Are we doing? Where are we? Girl? We're finished. That's the end of it.
Speaker 1: I need to do run on ice breakst Sorry. I'm hoping for one certain one clearly, So why don't you just as he is most likely to write a book that the one I wanted, So I must answer.
Speaker 2: I think I would. I don't know. Do you think that's correct? Yes?
Speaker 1: Generally, and you should. I had this pipe dream of doing it while I was a maternity leader. Okay, any mother out there must be laughing at that now, because you're smung some When was I going to be in the middle of pumping and breastfeeding and doing all of that writing a book.
Speaker 2: But I have that on my heart as all that I want to What would you write about? Do you know?
Speaker 1: I think it'll be set as an autobiography, but it's not to be a story, but very heavily inspired by my life. Okay, you know, I think having like my mom, you know, terminally ill at a young age, it just gives you that life.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, that's a wild thing. Like when I think about it, I'm just like girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think creating itself is its own big So I think I want a story in and around that. And also the craziness of Zimbabwe, Like literally, if you think about the things that we face, like people talk about COVID, like, oh my god, you know, so much happened in two three years, and I'm like check. Coming from Zimbabla, we grew up thinking.
Speaker 2: Our country was mine, traumatized.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden we're like, yeah, you know, now we have to leave too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: Now like family dynamics are all warped because we live away from family. Like even Christmas, you coming over such a huge thing. Otherwise it's just going to be matile German and I having our food and calling it a day, like it's not a big thing. And I think people assume these things like you're close to family, But Zimbabwe is just like shattered that whole idea.
Speaker 2: And I think we grew up first because of the way I don't know, like pretty much.
Speaker 1: I mean knowing about economy and stuff like at a young age or not being able to afford Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always laugh. Remember when in history we learned about you know, the Second World War and also Germany hyperinflation and how they use wheelbarrows to go vibrand and we're like, oh ho, meanwhile, meanwhile, that was reaching around the corner for us.
Speaker 1: And I also find it quite sad that every term, remember school would give us a letter yes, and we obviously opened it sorry parents, and it would like have our fees for the next and then it won't be like.
Speaker 2: Say bye, maybe it won't be here next year. You don't know if your parents parents.
Speaker 1: It was very real, all right, yeah, it's true and the next time we'll be there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, parents, thank you, thank you for sure. Well. I enjoyed this episode. Was a nice like warm up. It's so surreal, so beautiful having you here. I'm pinching myself all the time. It hasn't registered for me, to be honest, like, I'm still like what, but so grateful to be here. Thank you. Amanda's welcomed this with such warm open arms and just grateful that we can do this, you know, the studio like definitely a moment we'll share with our kids. Bringing back here question definitely anyway, So thanks for listening and we look forward to catching on our next episode. Bye, guy Zitos.