Speaker 1: She's on The Money Radio Show.
Speaker 2: With Victoria Divine starts now, Hello and welcome to that. She's on The Money Radio Show podcast, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom?
Speaker 3: Who are you? You're gotting it right. I'm so proud of you than you.
Speaker 2: You know what, I've actually got some money little tidbits for you. I don't probably, yeah, I really don't what.
Speaker 1: I've brought some in the show trap and I'll be honest, it felt very sponsored.
Speaker 2: No, this isn't.
Speaker 4: This is like fun to disclaimer whenever your sponsored.
Speaker 3: I wish I was going to send the Internet police after you.
Speaker 2: I have never been sponsored with anything in my life.
Speaker 3: So please have you actually you want some sponsorships?
Speaker 2: I would love please do. This is fun facts though I'm talking like, do you know why it's called a cent? Like why CeNSE are called sensea? Do you know why it's called a cent?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: It's because it's a percentee of a dollar. So, oh my god, twenty six.
Speaker 4: I am embarrassed to be me right now. I am meant to know this stuff that's.
Speaker 1: Actually really true? Did you know that I didn't know that that's really that is actually your fags are normally shit out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually he started to bring some really good stuff to the table. Maybe we should go back to hr and tell him not to fire in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Consent.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what, I've actually got one more on the same kind of trend as that. So do you know why they called notes? As in like when you get a ten dollar note or a twenty dollar note Back in the day, you used to get paid with gold, but they didn't have enough gold to distribute to pay people, so that was like an IOU note for two. So there you go. So then they just became notes.
Speaker 4: So I don't even need to be on this show anymore because Trev knows more about money than I ever will.
Speaker 2: I know useless facts about money. So that doesn't save anybody anything. So that's where you are still why because on today's radio show, you actually are going to tell us how we can get three thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: In it, how we can save three grand very easily.
Speaker 2: I'd probably say like, hey, do you want three grand?
Speaker 3: That's a good way to make people listen.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's what's called a hook in the radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm not very good at radio and that's why when I got invited on the radio, they said that I could only do it with you guys.
Speaker 3: I need a supervision.
Speaker 2: We needed. Okay, you've got just like you don't have your pen license yet.
Speaker 4: I never got my pen license, to see. I still salty about it. Well, I'm a lefty and I used to smudge everything, and my handwriting was atrocious, like so bad that my mum enrolled me in an after school calligraphy writing course when I was in like Gride five and six because my writing was well, my handwriting was illegible.
Speaker 3: Now it's legible. It's good.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't you wouldn't look at my handwriting and be like, wow, she did a class for this.
Speaker 2: I used to have to cut things out in my spare time because I was like absolutely shocking at cutting with scissors.
Speaker 4: Oh you needed a little I was also shocking at scissors. Again, lefty comes to the table. I could never cut with scissors. So now I cut with my right hand so I can tell people I man be dexterous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very nice?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: Why? Yeah? Hey you good?
Speaker 2: Just a quick thing because we save people a lot of money. What's something crazy and done that you bought this week, Victoria.
Speaker 3: I haven't made any crazy or dumpers.
Speaker 2: It's okay, get that little she's on the Money. I'm such a no no, no.
Speaker 3: No no. Literally, I haven't had time to remember.
Speaker 4: I told you I bought a dress on Facebook Marketplace for fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Fifty Yeah, that was in the show.
Speaker 1: I was really happy I made too dump me if you want to see can you can you see me?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: I bought a vintage typewriter.
Speaker 3: What are you doing on a spy?
Speaker 1: It inspired Logitech keyboard? Look of those asm.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: There's all these as videos on TikTok of people like looking out of the boards.
Speaker 5: This is the keyboard.
Speaker 1: This is me typing. I'm gonna take Victoria divine is sexy.
Speaker 3: That was terrible. You can just stop there.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like a regular keyboard.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like a keyboard. I was really excited, like sound like three hundred dollars. This is really terrible.
Speaker 2: All right. This is she's on the Money radio show. Enjoy.
Speaker 5: This is she's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: Right now. We want to talk about should you be working for free? So you know, one of the former Playboy bunnies Holy Madison. Of course you would, Victoria.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, of course me, because I'm very interested in Playboy culture. I love the mansion, and I think the women do very well with what they wear and their hair looks very nice all the time. I'm interested.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, because of these girls of the Playboy Mansion, that kind of feels like a show back in the two thousands.
Speaker 4: Back in the two thousands, my mum never would have let me watch that. I wasn't even allowed to watch The Simpsons at home track that was banned.
Speaker 2: Well, for those of you who don't know, it was this reality show where the founder of Playboy magazine, Hugh Hefner, lived with these three girlfriends in the Playboy Match. Now you'd think they'd be making heaps of money for that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I had to move into the house of arguably a dirty old man, I would argue that there had to be a lot of money involved, like otherwise, why are there.
Speaker 2: Well, she's actually come out and said this.
Speaker 6: Wasn't until I was talking to have secretary Mary O'Connor. And you know, you want to look cute for the show, so you're buying clothes for the scenes, and after we shot about four or five episodes, I showed her my receipts and I'm like, you know, we're spending money to be on the show, and she was like, Okay, this isn't right. So finally she got on the phone with somebody and we ended up getting paid.
Speaker 1: So many people work for free or work for the opportunity or the illusion of opportunity, right.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 4: This is something that really grinds my gears because as a very big part.
Speaker 3: Of the She's on the Money community.
Speaker 4: I talk to people all the time who do work for free or they're trying to cut their teeth in a certain industry, and I feel like there's a special balance between working for free and then also working and getting experience, because you know, I've done my fair share of free work over the years. Like I feel you're happy, Yeah, I feel like we all have because we get afforded some opportunities. But looking back on it, some of them, I'm like, that was so great the network I got out of that was absolutely epic, Like that was a stepping stone into the next thing.
Speaker 3: Whereas one of them, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, ah, I think I was slave labor, Like, I'm pretty sure they just tired me as a quote intern. I walked away having learnt nothing. But for twelve weeks I did all their filing and scanning. And it's like, well, where is the line when it comes to what you should and shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Get paid for?
Speaker 4: Because it really grinds my gears when I hear people, especially in my community, who are like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Working for free.
Speaker 4: At the moment, I'm like, Okay, what are you getting out of it?
Speaker 3: How does this work?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've done I've been in radio for eight years this year, right, almost a decade, and I think I'm not even embellishing. I think I've done more free work than I've done paid work. Radio has taken me for a ride, especially in the early days. But I mean, look, I'm sitting here with Victoria divided a chanel bags on the desk, So.
Speaker 4: It's all right, put that out. We don't need to help me publicly. If that's all right, you can't cut knock.
Speaker 1: No. But like it has paid off. I mean when I first started, I was of the firm belief that I will work for free the opportunity it's going to get me where I want to get I'm going to hit my goals. But now I've flipped, I've changed, and then if you want me to work, you're going to have to pay me at the end of the day. Like you said, it's a bit of slave labor, right. There are plenty of jobs out there that'll pay you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's also kind of where you want to go and what you want to be. And I'm not advocating that everyone works for free, because I mean, we need to probably do a little check in here and go. That's a really privileged thing to be able to do, and I know that so many people aren't in that situation. You might be listening going, oh, V, like, what are you talking about working for free?
Speaker 3: I have three kids, I'm single, mum.
Speaker 4: I want to be in that industry, But I can't go and work for free for forty hours a week, you joke? Do you know what?
Speaker 3: There are some things that.
Speaker 4: I would do for free for the experience, But then it's also like you've got a way up the actual experience versus am I just doing it because they have a brand name and they're going to make me do all the filing and scanning because.
Speaker 2: Hard note For me, I think a good way to look at it is you know you're going to have to do a job that's going to pay the bills. But if you want to do something you're passionate about and something you want to build into your career, then maybe find a way where you can do four or five days full time work and then maybe on the weekends or one night a week, do a couple of hours in a field that you want to build into your career so you can afford to still pay your bills, but then get that experience, and then once you've got that experience, there might be something that comes up that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also it's risk versus reward, right guys, And like renumeration versus opportunity, Like you've got to balance everything. Like if the local fruit shop is saying, hey, come over and you can pick us some tomatoes. It's free, though we won't pay you you go. Maybe there's nothing in that. Maybe a part of the strawberries at the end of the shift for free, but there's not much in that.
Speaker 2: Lettuce. If you get lettuce, that is a big investment.
Speaker 1: If you get that off art, take it run.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've always learned more on my jobs than I ever have at Union too, as someone who's done an exorbitant amount of study. It's a fickle conversation where you go, should you get paid, shouldn't you get paid? And I think that's a decision you need to make. But I don't think anyone should ever be bullied into the idea that, oh you have to cut your teeth by doing free work, Like, if it's not aligned to your values, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Agreed. And the happy news is Holy Madison now worth sixteen million dollars.
Speaker 4: Well that's insane, sixteen million dollars. Oh, maybe I would live with that guy.
Speaker 3: Then this is.
Speaker 5: She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: Let's tell some people they are dream dream.
Speaker 3: I love this for us, but this segment.
Speaker 4: If you've been scrolling through Facebook marketplace looking for a bargain, often you discover some things that you kind of wish you hadn't. So this week we are going to be throwing a few listings under the bus, and all three of us have had to troll Facebook Marketplace to come up with a few of the best things that we think people are you know, kind of dreaming about.
Speaker 3: So, Trev Roebuck, what have you got for us.
Speaker 1: I reckon, you can go the most cooked one.
Speaker 4: I'm asking him to go first, Mitch, because you're just like giggling to himself looking at the screenshot he's got on his phone that he's brought.
Speaker 1: That's creepy. You can't do that. H is just around the corner and Victoria, and I am not afraid to take you there straight.
Speaker 2: I've still got two more strikes, guys, so I'm golden. I'm just laughing. Because you know Mentos obviously, those little tiny packets that you get.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's free Mentos in reception.
Speaker 2: It's like a fish bowl for Yeah, I'm going to go trawling for an orange one because apparently this is in Sydney, right, a orange Mentos empty packet, so they've eaten. Yeah, if they say it's a limited edition, but how much would you pay for an orange limited edition mentossless Mentos packets?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. I'd put it in the bitch.
Speaker 5: I try.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're like reduced reuse, recycle, and.
Speaker 1: They're like, I haven't seen the orange Victoria. I've never seen an orange one.
Speaker 4: I have you know how well it's limited edition. You should have done something about that.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, maybe if you throw it in the bin, I'm going to go pick it out. Because they're saying that it's one thousand.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not absolutely.
Speaker 2: Not absolute bargain because apparently it retails for nine million, ninety nine downs, nine hundred ninety people are being silk What about you, Mitch Jury.
Speaker 1: This is interesting and it really needs to be seen to be believed. It is a I'll just give I can't really beat around the bush with this. I'm going to read the title straight as it's written. Realistic cat Toy Backpack, masterpiece and functional backpack. What so? What it is is like a taxiderm in cat No real cat, it says, this realistic cat toy backpack. So it's emulating a real cat, but it's fur, it's got to head, it's got a tail, and it's got straps on it. It says, You're most used essentials fit right in to the realistic cat pack, gray or white or black.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So they're making them, they can get them manufactured. How much would you play?
Speaker 2: Hope?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: And I hope they're not just searching.
Speaker 3: For that pet person that's so creepy.
Speaker 2: I reckon seventy five bucks.
Speaker 4: No, I reckon like they're trying to get thousands of this stuff. Like before the Mentos packet was one thousand dollars. So I'm going to say like two or three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, barg augain much cheaper than I thought.
Speaker 3: Maybe I will buy one. After all, let's.
Speaker 1: All get one and we can all have shoes on the money. Pa.
Speaker 3: Wow yuck. All right, Well I've brought to the table too.
Speaker 4: I actually in true she's on the money style. I have a money win for you, guys. I've bought a dress this week on Facebook marketplace. No seamless process. Yeah, actually worked truly well. Three hundred and fifty dollars dress. It's been worn once. I picked it up to two wash bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have washed it.
Speaker 4: I actually dropped it to the dry cleaner because I have an event that I'm speaking at tomorrow for Dimmicks for my new book that's coming out.
Speaker 3: I'm going to wear it.
Speaker 4: Fifty dollars dress, money win worthway more so, that's really good. But while looking for my fifty dollar dress, I found some used rollless skates.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 5: Oh, it'd be.
Speaker 2: More not that wild if they weren't used.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but like that doesn't seem that crazy to put on Facebook marketplace. But they're the bottom of two desk chairs and two gum boots strapped together with some duct tape. How much would you spend on some use roller skates if you would like them? They are listed here in Melbourne? What would you spend on some used roller skates? Guys?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Twenty bucks?
Speaker 4: No, absolutely not, it's Mitch's favorite number. Sixty nine bucks. Yeah, sixty nine bucks.
Speaker 1: Guys bad pay sixty nine bucks in petrol just to drive to their house and knock them over their head.
Speaker 3: I live down here in Melbourne, so I pick them up for you.
Speaker 4: But also, if you're seeing something bizarre on Facebook Marketplace, please feel free to make our jobs even easier by sending it to us.
Speaker 3: Flick it on over, do a friend a deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't want to do any more work.
Speaker 3: Give us a hand. We don't work. Work smarter, not harder.
Speaker 5: Track this is She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: Hey coming up soon, Victoria, You're gonna let everyone know how they can get them. So an extra three thousand dollars for literally doing nothing, but right now let's do this. Yeah, every week we bring someone's financial story on here to get Victoria's advice on what they should do.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? You're feeling? You in a positive mindset this Saturday morning, Victoria?
Speaker 4: Are you I'd been in a more positive mindset? If you guys would actually share this story with me so I knew what we're commenting on, that would be good.
Speaker 2: What's the funny in that we like to throw it down to you? How good you are to keep you quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I appreciate how much you guys care, but as a very type a human being, I really like to come prepared. So you're doing me a disservice. But that's okay. Let's get into it right.
Speaker 1: Anna has sent this into the Shoes on the money Facebook group. She says, I'm twenty five and my partner is thirty two. Bit of an age gap. He hasn't worked since we've been together for over two years. Red flags. I've supported him financially. Red flag number two. We burn through my savings during lockdown and now I live with my parents but still can't seem to save money. A third red flag. I work in study full time and earn more money than I ever have spend less than ever before, but I still have nothing to show for it. Anytime he needs money, I just give it to him because I feel bad. Oh my god. It doesn't seem like he treats money the same way I do and makes a lot of impulse buys that he ropes me into.
Speaker 2: That's because it's free for him, Because yeah, he doesn't, it's not his money gets lose.
Speaker 1: He very much lives in the present and doesn't think about the future. Before him, I had enough savings for a deposit for a house. Now I hardly have any just enough to get by. How can I change this situation and set boundaries without hurting him? I think we're all thinking the same thing.
Speaker 2: Getting rid of him up the guy.
Speaker 4: All right, No, that's not on. That's actually really sad. And you know what, we don't know both sides of that story. He could be really sick and maybe not working. So let's acknowledge that there's probably a lot of things going on in the background that we're not privy too. However, we're going to pretend those things don't exist and just address the question at hand. And I think that that is really hard, but I would be sitting down setting some boundaries, like one, why aren't you working if you're completely capable to do so? Why are you relying on one individual to look after you unless there's some kind of like you have a kid and he's the stay at home parent, We're missing a piece of this puzzle. None of this makes sense to me. I feel like that's dead weight that's bringing you down. They're compromising your goals. I feel like it's actually a really big lack of respect. Like to do that to somebody else is just disrespectful. And you might not see that in the moment when you're in the relationship, but it genuinely is disrespectful to put somebody else's goals and dreams and the things that they're working towards on the back burner for so long and.
Speaker 3: Not help them at all.
Speaker 4: Like, shouldn't partners be supportive and kind and loving and wanting to contribute to a relationship.
Speaker 1: You should be collaborative, right, you should be like saving up for goals that you have together.
Speaker 4: It gives me the vibe that he's treating you like a parent, not a partner.
Speaker 3: And do you want to be in that relationship? Forever. Like, what if there are bigger financial.
Speaker 4: Goals that you want, you want to buy a house, you're not able to achieve it with him, He then needs to pull his socks up or get out.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 4: I just feel like there's a really big lack of respect in this relationship. Not from your side, obviously you respect him. However, from the other side, he's clearly taking the absolute mickey when it comes to the way he's living his life. And if you don't get him to pull his socks up, why would he Why change if you're living your dream right exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: And I know it's hard to hear, but look at the relationship. I don't know if it's worth it to be perfectly honest or just play in this audio. Don't break up with him. Oh my god, We'll send you this audio. Put it on a USB and just play it on a speaker and then run away.
Speaker 3: Just yell real loud when we use your name.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you've got a money dilemma you need solved, hit us up on our socials. Just search She's on the money. Here's a really good super Savior Saturday tip for you. Anna ditch the boyfriend you will save yourself a whole heap boom.
Speaker 5: This is She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: Let's save some people some money by doing this simple same.
Speaker 1: A Saturday, all right. Every bloody week Victoria gives us some sneaky tips on how to keep more bucks in your bank account.
Speaker 2: No, no, let me stop you right there, Mitch, don't worry about Victoria because I've got a tip this week.
Speaker 3: Oh you've got a tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I absolutely love will worse Everyday Rewards like I will, literal yeah, obsessed a shop at Cools.
Speaker 1: Sorry I'm a Flybys boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, sorry, We've got a resistent it's unrelatable content. Get off that show.
Speaker 2: Very diverse. Look, don't you get snippy with me because I'm taking your segment mate. Anyway, They've got this brandy thing. I think it's called every Day Extra. You pay either fifty nine bucks as a one off fee, or you can pay seven bucks a month. Not only do you get three times the Everyday Rewards points at every single shop, but you also get ten percent off one total shop per month that you get to choose yourself as well.
Speaker 3: Per month, per month, not like once a year.
Speaker 2: No, per month plus ten percent off one total shop that you choose at big W per month.
Speaker 3: Oh right, that's really good, pretty good.
Speaker 1: I love big Ws.
Speaker 4: If you're doing a big shop, usually pick that one. And that's a pretty nice discount because groceries are never discounted that much unless they're like on sale. But can you buy on sales stuff and still get the.
Speaker 2: Discount anything you want? So basically anything you chuck in your trolley not sponsored one, definitely not sponsored. Hit me up bullies if you want actually give me more rewards points. That's my payment that I'll take. But not only that, you get yourself one free extra perk per month. So I always buy this one yogurt and my perk last month was one for free that was worth like seven bucks.
Speaker 4: Do you see that, met She didn't drop the yogurt brand name because he's not sponsored by them, just by wool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's my tip, But it's your segment, Victoria. So what do you got?
Speaker 4: All right? I've got a few of them for you this week. Two of my tips involve bottles, very exciting. The first one.
Speaker 3: Is stop buying bottled water.
Speaker 4: Just cut it out. Honestly, all the small things add up and while I get it. Sometimes a water bottle doesn't fit in your handbag, and I get that sometimes you're out. But let's try and be a little bit more prepared. Because the other day I went to the shops, I was shopping around and needed a bottle of water, and I bought one. Please don't shame me for that. Four dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: What the hell, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's the price of a coffee these days. And I just feel like, given it's coming out of the taps everywhere, if I was carrying a water bottle, I could have topped it up. We're in a very good country where the water is completely drinkable. To me, that was an unnecessary purchase. And next time you go to buy bottled water, I want you to think about the same thing. The next tip I have is about phone plans, because recently I downgraded my phone plan because I looked at my usage and realized that even though it was a very sexy package, it was like unlimited data and unlimited call, I like, never use it all.
Speaker 3: Everywhere I go.
Speaker 4: I'm either at my office, at my home, or here at the studio. All of these places have Wi Fi, so I'm basically using no data. Stripping it down save me twenty bucks a month, honey, win fair.
Speaker 2: The best thing is, I think I can't remember who it is one of the phone carriers. You can donate the data that you don't use for good clod Yeah, for someone I didn't know that aren't actually a four data themselves, which is all.
Speaker 3: I love that?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Do you want my other bottle tip?
Speaker 4: This is gonna make you maybe three grand if you really care for It's not about collecting bottles and taking them to your recycling planks. Can't even do that in our state, like in Victoria.
Speaker 3: That's not a thing. Hot tip if you.
Speaker 4: Can do that though, But this one is about getting a coke bottle and doing the coke bottle challenge. So coke bottle challenges where you put a coke bottle at the front door whenever you come in the front door.
Speaker 3: If you've got.
Speaker 4: Gold coins in your pocket, you pop them into the coke bottle.
Speaker 3: Like over a year, all the little things start to add up.
Speaker 4: If you had a six hundred meal coke bottle, do you know how many two dollar coins fit in that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Idea thousand dollars wat cheese.
Speaker 4: If you had a one point two liter bottle nineteen hundred dollars. If you had a two liter bottle, filled that up with gold coins three grand.
Speaker 3: Guys, what a money win. And over the long term, that money, it was just going to go to waste on things that you were just going to throw money.
Speaker 2: At water bottles.
Speaker 4: Water bottles, you would have bought a coke, you would have bought a pepsi, you would have gone bought a bottle of water. Why not put all of those coins to good use and start saving them. Who doesn't want an extra three grand? That's a holiday to Barlei Mitch.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, my nen used to do that, and she used to let usk the kids come in and take a handful of gold coins. It was so sweet.
Speaker 3: My gosh, that is so sweet.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Kissy Kolera, who is ninety three today, Happy birthday, my grandma Kiss.
Speaker 3: That's so sweet. I love her name. Is she proud of the radio station listening here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: She goes to bed at seven thirty every nine. You know, I also do the night show on she actually show and she goes to bed as I.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely the sweetest. Hey. You know what if you want to listen, Kissy, Mitch. He's got another show coming up next with Britt Hockley and Laura Burne, Life on Cut. Is it safe for Kissy to listen to that though, Mitchie.
Speaker 3: I reckon, it's safe.
Speaker 1: You see time for your morning, that man morning. That all right?
Speaker 4: All right, that seems fair. Thanks for having out this morning, guys.
Speaker 2: Remember you can catch up with us anytime. Just search Shees on the Money on any social platform. But until next week, have yourself a great week and we'll see them see you next week