Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, we're we're going to pick up everyone. We've had an emergency before the.
Speaker 3: Show has even begun. Brittany Hockey, give me, give me a smile.
Speaker 4: Britt No, no, I'm fine. My teeth are intact.
Speaker 2: Your teeth intact, Laura Burne, why don't you give me? Oh my god, hill Billy Johnson in the studio, A.
Speaker 1: Tooth literally just flew across the room, Laura's teeth.
Speaker 5: I was chewing on my paint and my crown break.
Speaker 3: Guys, this is pre Bachelor, Laura. I've revealed the real Bachelor previneese.
Speaker 5: I'm not wearing beanies.
Speaker 1: I just had like a bit of composite feeling over guys.
Speaker 5: It's the logis on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to go to the dentist, and it just flung across the room like I was pinging a dick.
Speaker 4: I think it got stuck in my hair. I think your tooth is in my hair.
Speaker 2: Is it really that smile? It's a little noticeable, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: But you have a disco ball dress, so no one's looking at your teeth. I have a I have a cracked front, though it's not my front tooth. It's the tooth next to the front. It's like pointing to the front tooth. Laura goes, oh my god, the tooth just flung out, and we're like, how did that even happen? Like that doesn't just happen. She's like, oh, no, I was chewing on a pant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, let that be the warning.
Speaker 6: Everyone was chewing the end of the pen and it fully flicked my crown off.
Speaker 5: I think it's affected your speech. Probably, I've had it for years.
Speaker 3: You've got fluffy Captain feather saw.
Speaker 1: There's Captain feather Sword. Captain feather Sword.
Speaker 6: There's nothing worse, okay, anyone who's experienced it breaking a tooth, cracking a tooth, anything that then you have to wait to get to the dentist.
Speaker 3: I look at it now, say that I'm connecting to the chip tooth community.
Speaker 1: Also, it's my favorite thing, Laura says. She goes, there is nothing worse. Nothing, No, there's a lot there is.
Speaker 6: Everyone who's ever had a broken crown knows how I feel.
Speaker 5: Right now, we can join in together.
Speaker 2: You look fine.
Speaker 5: To get the shut up.
Speaker 3: Let's wrap the show so you can get to the dentist. Emergency though we need you there.
Speaker 4: This is the start of the show, so we can't wrap it.
Speaker 2: It is no.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to kick things off and ask gun cut next. We do it every Thursday. It is quite a segment you girls do on the Life un Cut podcast. You can hear that on Life on Cut, but we do it on the pick Up every week.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 6: And also there's something that you all are doing in your cars that is utterly disgusting and I've realized that I'm also very, very gross.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you about it next.
Speaker 3: All right, it's all on the way here on the Pickup.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. It's Thursday afternoon. Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Ask Ask gun Cut is a favorite here at the Pickup, and it's a fan favorite.
Speaker 4: Too, I'm told.
Speaker 1: But it's where we answer our listeners questions like the deepest, darkest problems. I love this segment like I love in partying my years of wisdom and not what wisdom do you have for truckloads?
Speaker 5: I couldn't it zero like actual certificates or wars. No psychology like psychology degrees.
Speaker 4: You got some degrees, you know.
Speaker 2: The University of Life is where you graduated.
Speaker 4: I went to a proper university.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we do have like a really heartfelt listener that's called up with a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dev joins us today. I believe you're still in love with your ex? Right, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah, tricky situation. So we kind of started dating quite early on, and we dated for four and a half years, so I feel like I'm still quite bonded to her.
Speaker 5: How long have you guys? Been broken up?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 7: Two years?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: And how can I get your ages?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So where I'm turning twenty one on Saturday?
Speaker 4: Funny enough, Okay? Can I I want to tell you something straight off the bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is nothing and it never will be anything as intense and as strong as your first love. And sounds like if you're twenty one and you were together for four years that this is probably My guess is it's your first love and.
Speaker 4: It is why far, the hardest thing to get over.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like the worst and best thing to happen to me. I think I did need the breakup to kind of figure stuff out on my own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why did you guys break up?
Speaker 7: There was never really anything like one incident that kind of tipped it was a bunch of small stuff that we didn't really deal with in time, and it just added up and eventually it was just like, this isn't working.
Speaker 3: We can't dev Have you spoken to them since you are you in no contact?
Speaker 2: What's the communication?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you still talking?
Speaker 7: Oh? Messy? Messy to say the least. So I actually broke no contact with her three weeks ago, like nearly a month ago. We started talking. There was obviously like the cats up for formalities sake and stuff, and then I kind of realized, like, I don't know who the this person really is anymore.
Speaker 1: But also on top of that, you were seventeen when you started dating. You were a different person at seventeen to twenty one. You're going to be a different person again at twenty five, and a different person at thirty. But when you said, like you caught up and she felt different, she probably is different. And sometimes that's what you need to find because you for the last two years have probably probably been hanging on to what you had and who you were as a couple and who she was. And the fact of the matter is you caught up with her again and she's not what you're remembered.
Speaker 4: So maybe that's what you needed, the closure to move on.
Speaker 7: I think you're going to be proud of me, because when after I realized that, like, I don't know this person, I kind of wanted to close that door behind me, and so I kind of did it in a roundabout a way, which I might get judged for. But I gave her a gift, and I wanted to put in the effort that I felt like I should have put in throughout the whole relationship and try and kind of make up for my faults. And I guess close it up in like a neat little bow. And so I went really over the top.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't give a present.
Speaker 2: I don't think will you come on? Were you deep down hoping that she Oh my god, I made a mistake. I want you back. Is that was that why you.
Speaker 5: Did the gift?
Speaker 7: No? No, okay, So it sounds really stupid that that wasn't the rationale behind it. It was kind of like I put in one hundred and ten percent into that. If that didn't work, nothing was ever gonna work and it would have never worked out. So it's like, now it's because on.
Speaker 4: One question, what was the gift of, Oh, oh, you're.
Speaker 7: Gonna hate me. We used to build legos together, so I got her like a set of Lego roses, and then I made roses using ribbon.
Speaker 5: Damn, oh you're breaking.
Speaker 7: Yeah even done, I'm not even done. It gets worse.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I don't think it can.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I oh absolutely can. I got her a pink build a bit, and then to match the build of it, I learned knitting to make the build a bear.
Speaker 4: Dave, I'm sorry you're lying to yourself.
Speaker 1: This is not this is not a good bye gift.
Speaker 4: You're in love and that's that no way.
Speaker 5: You've gotta you gotta block and delete that number.
Speaker 1: Deav.
Speaker 5: You no more about build a bed.
Speaker 7: No no, no, it's in the past. But in my head you're gonna You're gonna shoot me for this.
Speaker 2: But Jesus, either more work or or.
Speaker 7: No one else will ever be able to live up to that present.
Speaker 1: You are so prouderfect selfish, real you're toxic.
Speaker 4: You're not toxic.
Speaker 1: This is my.
Speaker 5: Favorite call I've ever had. Damn good luck.
Speaker 1: Kick that lego over, block the number and it's time to move on. But you give that love and lego to someone else.
Speaker 5: Goodness.
Speaker 3: If you need help, dev need to hit us up in the DMS. That is gold the pickup on Instagram. Next on the show, the things you do in your car that you don't do in public. That's the question.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I discovered something, and that is that everyone is pretty disgusting inside their cars.
Speaker 5: And I have a confession to make.
Speaker 2: All right, that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 6: We were talking about it the other day, how when you're inside your car you instantly feel or you act different when you're inside your car. So like the amount of road rage that someone might have, the way that you behave when you get behind the wheel is different to the personality that you have normally.
Speaker 1: Would you agree, I do get a tiny bit of road rage. I have almost gotten into a fight, but otherwise I'm pretty me. I have seen you roaring down the street beating your horn with half hanging out like with your finger up, your middle finger up.
Speaker 5: At some dude who'd cut you off killed me? He did.
Speaker 1: I mean we're all moving at about fifty kometers an hour, but he did almost kill you.
Speaker 4: Britt.
Speaker 6: This is the thing, right, you would never behave like that if you accidentally bumped into someone in a shopping center, with a trolley. You're not gonna scream in their face, stick your finger up at them and then run after them. You just wouldn't do it that a car.
Speaker 5: All rules are out, but in a car there's different rules that apply.
Speaker 4: It's the equivalent of being a keyboard warrior. There's a safety that comes from being your part.
Speaker 5: Okay, So believe it or not.
Speaker 6: There's actually been some research studies that have been done around this, and the thing is is that when we're in a car, we feel as though we're in our own protective little space, and so the way in which we behave changes. We behave as though we are completely in private, but obviously we're not in private.
Speaker 5: We're in a glass box and people can see us.
Speaker 6: So I had this realization the other day as I was driving to work. I will pick my nose in the car, and I.
Speaker 1: Will say that I am okay with admitting this because I believe that everybody out there actually picks their nose in the car. I would never, and if you say you don't do it, you're lying to yourself.
Speaker 4: I would never.
Speaker 1: Because it's too risky that somebody would recognize me.
Speaker 7: Look like.
Speaker 1: If a photo of me went around Whent viral of me in my car picking my nose.
Speaker 3: Oh probably laugh So Brittany, you live in constant fear of being You can't pick a weggie out, you can't readjust your boobies.
Speaker 2: Could You're terrified that Pats will get you.
Speaker 1: No, I'd happily readjust my boobies, but picking my nose, I'd be devoted.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mitch. Do you pick your nose in a car?
Speaker 2: Absolutely out of the car?
Speaker 5: No, I don't do it out of the car.
Speaker 2: I know you mean you know what I do?
Speaker 4: Car?
Speaker 2: I fart like business.
Speaker 4: You put the window down at least yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even got recycling though, so I got to turn that off otherwise it gets a bit must just comes back in.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, Laura. The car For me, I'm a different version of Mitch. My road rage is intensified. I sing, I dance like it's a save space for yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even just the amount of rubbish like my car.
Speaker 6: I know I'm really adding myself, but I'm okay with it.
Speaker 5: As my car is a tip.
Speaker 6: I just put the and I could do a cleaner like every week, I'll get a bag and I'll clean all this stuff out of it. But like, I would never in my own bedroom just have bottles and tissues and stuff hanging around, But in my car it seems like it's off limits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we both. I got it once. I got into the seat, the passenger seat once and I had to move.
Speaker 1: She's like, sorry, this stuff on the seat that was it was piled up right, So I get in and push it all off the seat. I'm trying to put my feet on the ground. And then I hear like, and Lola, her daughter was in the house. God knows how long she's been in the car.
Speaker 5: She was in the car. It was just a toy, Laurie.
Speaker 3: You once off to give you lift with brit was in the front seat and I couldn't get in your car because you had two baby seats and the middle seat was just full of Tommy Tippy's and a sham kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, you made me get an uber.
Speaker 4: I wanted to.
Speaker 6: I didn't make you get You couldn't fit because I had I had two car seats in this and what was no room? What was on the middle seat stuff stuff that wouldn't fit in the boot because the boot was full.
Speaker 5: But get you look, there's this research study. It's been done. It's come out of the UK.
Speaker 1: Sixty percent of drivers said that they were embarrassed about the states of their vehicles.
Speaker 5: Not anymore, me too, we can do this together.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven percent of people have said that they've declined to give someone a lyft because they were so embarrassed by the state of their car.
Speaker 5: So this was I was like, I felt good about being safety in numbers with all of these people around Australia.
Speaker 3: I love the UK, all the country. If you're listening to this and odds are you're in the car?
Speaker 4: Do we really need to pull the country.
Speaker 3: To give us a call here at the pickup? What are you in the safety of your car? We'll take your calls next.
Speaker 6: So if you're just joining us, we have been talking about how it's I mean, look, there's a study now, it's a scientific evidence that we're all actually a little disgusting when we get inside our own cars.
Speaker 4: I don't think i'd fall into.
Speaker 6: That car, well, not everywhere. Apparently seventy one percent of us a disgusting. We do things inside our cars that we would never do if we were just outside in public. And I have put my hand up, I am an in car nose picker. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not ashamed of it either, and I'll probably continue to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I put my hand up. I eat boiled eggs while I'm driving, crack them and every peel them with one hand. I even dropped the shell out the window because it's biodegradable, it's nature's it's compost.
Speaker 6: I eat a lot, but I don't like I eat in public as well. I don't think eating is weird. It's just like the gross or the abnormal behavior that you wouldn't normally do if you were walking down the street. But somehow, just because you're in a thing with four windows actually more windows than that, but you're in a car that you feel like you're in your own personal space.
Speaker 3: We had Maddie William's messages on the pick up Socials and she says, I squeeze pimples all the time while driving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or I know one, pluck your eyebrow hairs. I've got tweezers in my front console. When I'm stopped to the red lights, do you pull a few of those bad boys out? Yeah, it's great, perfect lighting for it too, travels in the car with tweezers.
Speaker 3: Sheridan says, I spit my gum out the window into the world. I see how far I can get it every time, like a little podcast.
Speaker 4: That is actually litter because that doesn't break down. So actually, shame on you.
Speaker 3: Sharon chaps and says, I fix my cameltoe from my bodysuit.
Speaker 4: I would do that. I'd fix the cameltoe for sure.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? I brush me?
Speaker 3: Tony says, I brush my teeth and spat the wind the SuDS out the car window to save time.
Speaker 5: You can't brush your teeth in the car. That's just crazy.
Speaker 3: If Josie says I once shot myself on the front seat. People are even calling, all you're on the money with his Jane, what do you do in the privacu car?
Speaker 8: I'm actually giggling because I'm doing a tick as you're naming some of these.
Speaker 5: Please right, you've done appeal in the car.
Speaker 8: No, that's one thing I haven't done, although I have changed nappies in the car being a mum.
Speaker 5: Of three, yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 8: But one thing I have done in the past a couple of times. Actually, it's changed your tampons.
Speaker 5: In the car. What do you do with the car? What do you with the assisting tampon?
Speaker 8: You put it in a tissue and then put it in the car bin And then.
Speaker 2: Are you driving a mac truck? What do you mean a carbin?
Speaker 8: Well, you just have a little nappy bag that you put all your bits and pieces in so that your car doesn't get dirty. But you could take something from that.
Speaker 1: Why did you Why did you feel like you had to change the tampon in the car though?
Speaker 4: Is it was were you in a desert and there was no bathroom around?
Speaker 8: Heavy flow and you've got to get from A to B and you just you know, pull over, pull it out and on the fitness trainer, so.
Speaker 3: I've got to stretched your pans, Emily, Emily, what are you do in the car?
Speaker 2: The privacy if you can't hire?
Speaker 9: Look, I realized that it's this implication is that I do it ongoing and I definitely don't. So I have once, only when I was extremely busting and very postpartum, early postpartum, grabbed a nappy from the nappy bag that was in the front seat and may have used it to pee on.
Speaker 4: I think Emily too many times.
Speaker 9: Innovative Emilyeing and my child was tiny, and I did not want to stop, so just fallen asleep. And you know what it is when you're on a long, long drive and your postpartum and you've got a baby, it's just all too much.
Speaker 6: Well, Emily, you have a good excuse, being postpartum, just having a baby. Mitch just I mean, he did admit, he did admit something in the break and he said I begged us actually not to bring it up. But I think it's important now that we're all sharing. Mitch, what did you do last weekend to sit it a surf?
Speaker 2: I ran a marathon and that's the end of the show.
Speaker 5: So what did you do?
Speaker 3: I had to go when we're in the middle of the highway on the way back from the run, I drunk all the hydra light and I fieled at one point twenty five liter bottle.
Speaker 5: In the car car. You're disgusting and.
Speaker 2: I had to actually cut it off.
Speaker 4: It's still in there as well, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I went to your house and board it to have a sick.
Speaker 4: What I actually did? You are rank? You are the rankest.
Speaker 1: Human, genuinely, And then my NATO's on the way out We really flip
Speaker 2: Around on Thanks for listening, guys, Will and what are you up next?