Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm in here in spirit today. Part of me is suffering.
Speaker 3: Is that why you have all those supplements open in front of you, hydroly lemsip, what's the other one?
Speaker 4: It's like a chemist warehouse in there. I'm like a walking pharmacist today. I'm using whatever I can to get through today's show.
Speaker 2: And then the moment we're only going to go and crawl into a corner and cry.
Speaker 4: I overdid it the weekend where I went away for the first time ever for a boys golf trip, and there were seven of us in an airbnb together.
Speaker 2: A couple of things that were interesting.
Speaker 4: You could I certainly after once you spend time with a group of guys, because normally you hang out. You hang out for a bit, don't you. Then you go your separate ways into your private lives. You just don't know what people are like. It was like a reality show at times. I was keeping an eye it all how certain men are quite happy to sit there and do nothing and be waited on by in this time other men.
Speaker 2: Because perhaps you'll know men like this.
Speaker 4: There are certain men ships who do nothing around the house like I don't know how they get away with it.
Speaker 2: But I'm not one of them.
Speaker 4: So I was two of the guys, Me and Andy were basically clearing up after other guys and then moaning about it. Suddenly we were the wives, and I actually said to one the other guys. She said to sit there and do nothing. And then the worst thing was on Sunday morning, it was my designated task to go and take all the empties down to the bins out the front of this airbnb. And there was an old guy next door who actually asked us to keep the noise down after midnight on the Friday night. It's like a badge of honor when you're in new middle forties. And he told to keep the noise down. I said, the guys, guys who've just been told to keep the noise down high five And he judged me when I was there were three boxes of empties and they make so much noise. You can't put them in quietly. When there's been a lot of drink had over a long weekend. It makes so much noise smashing into the bottom of that bin. And he looked over at me and gave me a judging look.
Speaker 2: I had weekend.
Speaker 4: It was a really really good weekend, but yeah, I am in pain this morning. One of the things my wife said yesterday, she was like, what do you guys will talk about? What are you talking about? What did you talk about? I made it up my phone what we did actually talk about over the weekend. At one point we had a discussion on Friday night, when does a boat become a ship? I don't even none of us own boats, or certainly not ships.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you know what it is?
Speaker 3: It's a good one for smarter than Google, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's got to be got to have two decks, two decks or more above the waterline, and it becomes a ship. That's why technically even a submarine is regarded as a boat. It's got it's all beneath the actual sea level. So yeah, that's the kind of sense lating chat we had on a Friday night the.
Speaker 1: Christ Jian O'Connell breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I learned something yesterday that Australia has moved a meter and a half nor the whole continent has moved one point five meters north in the last twenty two years, so much so that the World daytum center. I found out what a daytum was yesterday as well. Like I said, the banter really was pretty deep of my boy's golf trip.
Speaker 2: I've a lunch yesterday. Two of the guys I know, you know them as well.
Speaker 4: They work in what they do with engineer and one that works that big tunnel that's going through my very popular project stress free job he has, I said, open at the moment with the stress goes. I've never miss a stressed in my life. Has He literally gulped his beer and threw it down anyway. I found out from them that Australia has moved and it was so significant, the move of a meter and a half over the last twenty two years, that they've had to reset Australia's GPS, So they changed them maps and stuff. They had to update obviously because it's shifted a meet and a half and GPS has to be very, very accurate, because you know, just one degree off can make a big difference with shipping and aeroplanes. You know, finding the correct destination meet and a half on a runway or a boat commit is a very big difference. So they had to reset the locations of Australia longitude and latitude.
Speaker 3: Where do they met? Where is this data and point?
Speaker 4: It's in England that abouly got Greenwich meantime because obviously that's where they reset and moved away from a single time that was going around the world to have different time zone. So it comes out of London and there is a place called Greenwich, it's resent there. There's another place, Newland's Harbor. That's where the World Datum Center is really Yeah, Dann in Cornwall, which is bizarre.
Speaker 3: Because there's a datum in every street, which I learned from our land save when we moved into our house. There's a point and I don't know where it is, but on every street there's a point where they measure from so they can measure exactly.
Speaker 4: Grado title is yeah, a datum, I learned this yesterday as well. Then a datum is a single starting point is where they work out whether something's higher or lower from or moved. I guess in Australia north south east west. But did you guys know you've moved?
Speaker 3: And where are we heading towards?
Speaker 2: I don't know how we are you.
Speaker 4: Creeping up towards the southern hemisphere. I mean the northern hemisphere, but you've moved north a meter and a half. So when I find out this morning, what did you learn over the weekend? I've learned then that Australia, this mega continent, has moved an entire meter and a half in twenty two years.
Speaker 2: Did you learn anything of the weekend?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess I got served on YouTube videos about Tesla's and I was watching about the Tesla Model three can go from zero to one hundred in less than four seconds?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really really coral Patsy. Did you learn anything over the weekend?
Speaker 3: I was helping my eight year old with a homework.
Speaker 2: Apparently lightning strike somewhere in the globe one hundred times every second. That's a great, that's cool, that's really really good. I learned as well that you can come across a Genie lamp.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast over the weekend. Did you learn anything?
Speaker 4: I did that Australia's move north if you want to know a meet and a half in the last twenty two years, And I learned what a datum is. Jackuity knew what a datum is because of the Reno Patsy, what do you learn about lightning? Lightning strikes somewhere in the world one hundred times every second. And this goes al hey's doing a school project on lightning. That's a classical school project lighting. The other staples volcanoes. And did you guys have to recreate and make a volcano and bring in Yeah, I think every game, every kid volcano. Yeah, all right, let's go to Lisa. What do you learn over the weekend? Good morning, Joel, Good morning christ And I'm good.
Speaker 2: I hope your nice weekend. Joel, what did you learn over it?
Speaker 5: I learned that our Earth currently has two moons.
Speaker 3: I haven't noticed the second one.
Speaker 5: You probably won't notice it. They're referring to it as a mini moon. And what it is is that there's an asteroid has been stuck in the our all but in the last couple of days, and he's made up of composites the same as our moon, and it is shaped like our moon, and it's actually traveling in the same tradictory as our moon. And because of this, the Sun's reflected off at night and we can see it as a mini moon in the evening.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. I didn't know there was an existence of a mini moon.
Speaker 5: It's only temporary, is that. Don't get it too excited.
Speaker 2: Okay, I temper my excitement. I won't.
Speaker 4: I won't run out to Richmond off the show going a mini moon?
Speaker 3: Have you seen it? Joel?
Speaker 5: Yes, I have?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: How did you see? If we've got a telescope?
Speaker 5: Well, they actually said, if you look up at the night sky and you look towards the moon on a set angle, you can see it. It looks like it looks like a larger star. Let's put it that way. It actually burns like it looks like a star in the distance, but it's quite larger.
Speaker 2: And how do you know?
Speaker 5: It's not in there as big as our moon obviously, but you know it's it's staying there. A lot of proverbial it's up there. You can see it.
Speaker 2: Okay. And how do you know this? You are an astrologia? No I do.
Speaker 5: I do study a little bit on the universe, not study, but I read about it because.
Speaker 3: I quite like it.
Speaker 5: And due to the fact that you know, Google likes to pick up on things that you read about, It's come up on my news feed. While reading the news on Google.
Speaker 4: I love that all right, Jill. That's a great one. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day, men, Joe. Good morning, Yes, hello, yes, Joe. Okay, what have you learned over the weekend, Joe.
Speaker 6: I went to the Raine Chance Playfairs Festival on the weekend and is let that staff is have eyes on the end of their legs tentacles. Yeah, on the end of their tentacles, and they're actually seeing black and white.
Speaker 3: They got five eyes for each one for each star point.
Speaker 6: Well, these are these were a living They had eleven legs, these starfish. So and they have yeah, and they have eyes on the ends of their their legs and they can see which I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know they were called legs star point.
Speaker 2: The star points is a great phrase, by the way, I thought you made that up. I like that. I don't think that are not called tentacles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably, yeah, probably tentles.
Speaker 3: I think tentacles is squeaking octopus.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What does the leg become a tentacle.
Speaker 1: Leg?
Speaker 2: What the hell is a star point? Is that to do with the mini moon?
Speaker 4: I'm so confused. It's a Monday all right. Thank you very much Joe for giving us a call by the way they see in black and white star fish.
Speaker 3: They probably put up something colorful and they shook their head.
Speaker 2: They wave one of their legs star points. No, I can't say it's lost to me.
Speaker 4: Uh, Andrew, good morning, born in Christian and you're welcome to the show on a nice weekend. What did you learn over your weekend?
Speaker 1: My twelve year old daughter taught me that if you add up the year you were born with how old you're going to turn this year, you'll always.
Speaker 6: Come up with the number twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: That way, you can do that for every year. Not really, wait the year you were born. I was born ninety eighty seven.
Speaker 2: All right, let's all workout, Jacks. Let's not bother our own ones.
Speaker 3: I'm thirty two, so that's twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: No, you're going to be thirty three this year, jack, Oh is right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that isn't that every year, because then moving on another year can add it again because he's increasing in his age.
Speaker 3: Could it could be?
Speaker 1: But I thought it was pretty smart on my daughter to tell you quite right.
Speaker 4: It's a nice fun nice Sorry, Andrew, Jack's been unfriendly harsh here, Okay, I think, well.
Speaker 3: Essentially, what you're doing is like the year you were born, plus how old you are is how many years they're worse since you were born. It's always going to be the same.
Speaker 5: It will be.
Speaker 2: You might want to chat out a word with that head teacher that school for everybody. Yeah, is this your daughter's homework?
Speaker 5: No, it's just something she learned.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh Andrew, thank you. Okay, Andrew, thank you very much. You give U school.
Speaker 6: Have a good day, you too, same boy.
Speaker 4: I don't think we gave him the reception he wanted. I think he thought he was going to get those mail particulars.
Speaker 1: Chris Joanna O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast