Speaker 1: Highart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist, and listen live on the free iHeart app. Now it is time for what we do every week on a Thursday, and that is ask uncut Now, Asking Cutters where you guys? You call in if you have a big, dark dilemma and we do our absolute best to answer them. We have Eloise on the phone and she is having a real problem in her workplace and isn't sure how to navigate this.
Speaker 2: Hi, Aloise, Hi guys, Hey going to sasterinaon We're good.
Speaker 3: How are you? What's been happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I've I've been working with one of the girls I work with for a few years, side by side, and i'd overheard recently through the grape vine she has been a bit of time talking about me behind my back. Do you know what you said? Basically, she's just really unhappy with the job I was doing and we do the same job. We've just as good as each other. She was just really unhappy with how I was working, but didn't say it to my face.
Speaker 3: Have you personally overheard her or has another colleague just said.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, another colleague she had spent time talking about me for another colleague.
Speaker 1: That's rough. Also, did she speak to just one specific colleague, because that's then becomes tricky because you can't be like, hey, this person told me this thing that you said, because then it just you know, everyone gets pissed off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just have no idea. Like, we literally sit next to each other, Like it's really hard to navigate when we work so closely together. I know that she's really unhappy with me, but you know, we own the same wage, we do the same job.
Speaker 3: So do you think that she has said this to anybody else? Do you get the inklan that has been said to more people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely feel like it she said it to a few people, not one either.
Speaker 1: That opens up the doorway for you to be able to say something to her. And also the fact that she's talking to multiple people about you, I think that poisons the world because all that's doing is it's then making other people be more critical of your work or look for the negative things. And I reckon, you have to say something to it.
Speaker 3: You've got to pull that up right away. I think you just say I genuinely, now that you know she said it to more than one person, I think you say, hey, can I chat to you for a second. Look, I've heard that you are unhappy with me for whatever reason. I would love for you to be able to tell me why. And I hope that in the future, if you have an issue with me, you come and tell me instead of talking to other people about it. Because there are so many things wrong with her talking like you just said, poisons the world. But I don't think that that needs to be an awkward thing to say. Hey, look, can we just talk for a second, because I've heard you've been saying this. Put her on the spot and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Also awkward though, when you have to go back to sitting directly next to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like when you say goodbye to someone and then you walk in the same direction. Do you think you could do that or is that too awkward for you?
Speaker 2: I feel like it'd be really hard to sit next to her again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you moved in.
Speaker 1: What sort of company is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it a big company? I don't mean, like.
Speaker 2: Exactly what you need in retail?
Speaker 1: Okay? Right, so you are, do you know what? And I run retail businesses, so I know this retail can be so bitchy with how people interact but I also think that the only way to clear the air with this type of thing. And I say this from the perspective of someone who manages retail. I have myself twenty stars that I managed through my other company. I think you have to You've got to call a spade a spade, and if it absolutely isn't something that you can handle yourself, going and speaking to whoever your manager is about it and saying, hey, I'm really struggling with this. I feel as though this makes me, you know, it's really ruining the culture for me, because then they're going to be able to do something about it. But I would I would approach it first and be and do it in a really non confrontational way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that they're a great steps to take. My nervousness is just that she loves the good gossip. Then I think maybe I'm just a target that week.
Speaker 3: And it might just go around. Yeah, I'm that also doesn't mean it's okay, Like just because someone that is someone like, oh, she always does this, we get used to making excuses for people like that, like, oh, it's just who they are, which is a load of rubbish, Like even if that is who they are. That doesn't mean it's good.
Speaker 1: I think anyone should be able to go to work and not be getting gossiped about like that. We shouldn't expect or accept that as a normal And.
Speaker 2: Like you said, I suppose I can always go above if there's an issue.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think this is good advice for anyone because I think a lot of people feel nervous about, like speaking to a manager about something. Those conversations don't have to be big and dramatic. You're not dubbing on someone. You're just making them aware so that they can manage the situation. And most of the time, like a manager is not going to go direct to that person say this person said this like you would hope. If you've got good people in managerial positions, they know how to navigate those types of situations if they come up thing it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, we good that it really sucks.
Speaker 3: I think we've all been on the end of that at some point of our career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you so much, girl, that's really great advice.
Speaker 1: Thanks Eloise. Hey bridg just at the time you were talking about a staff member, but they're behind you.
Speaker 3: Oh do you know what ones? Do you know a funny story. I think a lot of people don't know. But I used to work in the hospital for like thirteen years, and this one time I was in the emergency department and there was this doctor that I was having a fight with high pressure. We were, yeah, we were disagreeing on the way to treat a patient. And this was my world, right, Like, I get he's a doctor. I'm in diagnostic radiography. I was doing a trauma CT scan. He doesn't know what it is. I was like going to town on him, and I think I called him a moron. I said, he doesn't nice. He's the doctor Brier. It doesn't matter. He wasn't the doctor of radiology. They're very different, right, Like we study for four years. We know that equipment, we know what you do. He doesn't know that. And I was saying, he's requesting the wrong thing. This is bad for him. This guy's a moron. Doesn't know he's talking about. As he walked around the corner and I walked around, we bumped into each other. Not only did he hear every word, but I said it my noise was touching his chest and I was like, well, well, it's true, that's what I said, because I had to double down. But anyway,