Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes spork and just ruin your night out. I speak as ADS fan. Obviously, let's just forget about the result last night and the score? What is Grandmother Ham? What? What's well? I know is Lo on the Big johnber trom last night? You know every time they got a goal, when I mean they got to go, I mean come uh, it would go like Cole's skulls. And then suddenly it was like with Grandmother Ham. And I have never heard of it. And I don't know whether you tube do you know about Grandmother Ham? To Batucky, I don't know about grandmother So do you know Pats? If you don't know, Pats is like the Canarian of the mine shaft, isn't it? Is it a cut of Ham like a grandmother's thigh?
Speaker 3: Or is it a brand?
Speaker 2: Does anyone out there know Caitlin's got a hand up like an excitable pupil, that star pupil, you know, bouncing on the chair. Please peace up, please.
Speaker 1: Grandmother Ham is like the fanciest of Hams, so high and ham.
Speaker 2: Why but why the grandmother title doesn't denote that? To be honest, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but my partner's Maltese and they've only ever had grandmother hand because it is, without a doubt the invested slice.
Speaker 2: Thank god I mentioned this, the Maltese connection. What does a Maltese partner got to do with grandmother hand? And also when is grandmother like the top tier of anything? Oh, you're going to be You're not in the penthouse, You're in their grandmother's steep. The grandmother ham.
Speaker 3: I just love the image of somebody taking finger food around an event and they go, is that grandmother? I'm Maltese, so I won't accept anything.
Speaker 2: Less, anything less? What about a granddad?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, it's going to be grandmother hand.
Speaker 3: Does it mean that the pig is aged more like turn into a grandmother? No, because they're like aging a fine wine or like.
Speaker 2: The Spanish dou where they kill the meats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grandmother age?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, she's already aged. You kind of aged grandmother? The grandmother is aged? But you never heard of it? Perats.
Speaker 3: Never where do you get it, Caitlin?
Speaker 2: Is it it just?
Speaker 3: I mean you can get it at Cale's.
Speaker 1: I get it from Suckers, which is a really fancy Uh what's it called like shop. I don't know, but it has.
Speaker 2: If you've got to fatsy, what's it called like shop? You ain't fancy and you shouldn't be going in there. Oh God, looks here, ladies, and see what's it called the shop? The place with the door and windows and a strutchu around it?
Speaker 3: So fancy?
Speaker 2: Ye I'm from tweet Heads. Is that? Is it a shop? You call that? Whatever that is? We get it from there? All right? Lines are open now? Nine four one four one o four three? What time are you knocking off today? And what is the highlight of your weekend? Meno works on the show. I wonder if there's any other mums that are doing this. She's doing Mother's Day tomorrow because her husband works on the Sunday, so they've got to do a premature. They're doing pres like a mother's pres they're doing it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Well, at least restaurants and cafes should be.
Speaker 2: Very wiet, very quiet tomorrow. Nine four one four one o four three. What's on you knocking off today? And what's a highlight fore this weekend? Give us call the Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian Tower Jacket's never too late to take his sun camping. I took my daughter camping when she was just two weeks old. Oh wow, just cast your mind back to what it was like when well Audie was two weeks old, or younger woman was just two weeks old.
Speaker 3: It's chaos, no part of me at that point of raising a child. I think let's make this more challenges.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Yeah, let's build temporary housing and accommodation into this. Poles, canopies and cooking sat on the cold ground two weeks old. She's now twenty three and loves camping.
Speaker 3: I am looking forward to doing it. But just watching the rain roll in, I'm so glad that we're not intense to know.
Speaker 2: Here's a weird thing. Right, so I did about the weather's weekend. Perhaps it works be raining all weekend, and it's that strange kind of where it's not rain at the moment, is it? It's not bs rainect it's spray plus Yes, that's it. Yeah, but it's like nineteen degrees. It's like warm rain. It's very male, but warm rain. On In Christian Jack and Pats, we use Nona Ham, which is but Tocki's version of grandmother Ham. You knew This was like a battle of the nonas Grandmother Ham versus Nona Ham. All right, what time you're knocking off today? We do a knock off Friday. We ask you what tell me knocking off today? Then one of those A high night for you this weekend. Emma, good morning. You know about grandmother Ham?
Speaker 5: I do Good morning Christians. So you can only get that cold has already been said. It costs a bomb and it's called grandmother Ham. I reckon, I'm making this up.
Speaker 2: They harvest it. It's from their legs. It's actually human grandmother flesh.
Speaker 5: From because only anyone you will have to be over fifty five to know this, because it tastes like Ham used to when we were little kids.
Speaker 2: Is that a good thing? Do you mean spam Ham?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 5: Gosh, no, no, no, no, not that gosh. It's just the best Ham on the planet. And I said to my husband yesterday, can you go and get me some grandmother Hams? And he said to me, what's that? That's not what's that? And I said, it's proper Ham, and you can hardly get it cold. I think I get six flights, yeah, proper And he said, yeah, I'll get it for you, and he got six slices and he came and he said that was ten.
Speaker 2: Dollars six slices.
Speaker 5: Wow, very very soon slices. But you taste it, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: I have I'm going to have to go and try some of this scramble lamb. I might get this as a Mother's Day gift for my wife, some nice cup of slices.
Speaker 3: What did ham used to take taste like back in the day? That doesn't taste like now?
Speaker 2: Great question.
Speaker 5: I don't know it's but that's what I mean. You have to be old to actually go. When you taste it, you go, oh my god.
Speaker 2: This takes me back to I'm so glad because I literally when I was at the g yesterday, everyone around me they kept seeing this grandmother hammer and I could just people going, do you know what?
Speaker 5: Well after days after today's ringing, no one will be going.
Speaker 2: To be trending. Within half an hour, it's going to be trending. This is a very influential show. It's been trending within half an hour.
Speaker 5: It's huge in Brighton and two rack.
Speaker 2: I bet it is at those prices, three or four slices for a lot. You enjoyed. Take your time with that hand. Please chew every morsel.
Speaker 5: Also, Christian, I have to tell you for others day, I'm being given this Saturday night show to Saints to the Resilient Projects, and I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Oh I'll see you there. I'm going as well.
Speaker 5: Be perfect, beautiful Jack. I listened to your one Christian. It was I read your book when it first came out. It was amazing you. But your your session, your podcast with the boys was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh, bless you. Yeah, it's an amazing show they do. And this is their last ever live show. This is it. Yeah?
Speaker 5: I laugh and I cry. It's just that Christy Swan, all of them are just so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be a show. Yeah, it's their final, last one this weekend. It'll be a big show. Actually. Yeah, where is it that the palais or where is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That's a pillow. So Jack will see you at Rococo for dinner beforehand.
Speaker 3: Are you at the early there's an early show in the late show? Which one are you going to?
Speaker 5: Eight o'clock?
Speaker 3: Me too, up late Saturday?
Speaker 2: Look it up by or grown up? Tell you what you take along with you bench stickers?
Speaker 5: Yeh, no, we live in bomb Beach and I heard someone calling, but I don't know where to get them from.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll bring something take them tomorrow. I want you out the front. You know there's always someone Dodgy. You've got that girl on the air right. You look like somebody is selling Dodgy tickets out? Yeah, yeah for you? Yeah, well Jack, ticket sitting perfect, cheap tickets sitting perfect.
Speaker 5: I'm going to call out for you, Jack.
Speaker 4: I'll find you.
Speaker 3: I look forward to that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Emma, thank you very much, and give us a call.
Speaker 5: Have a good day, guys.
Speaker 2: You Tara goome on in Tara.
Speaker 4: Hi morning everybody.
Speaker 2: Tara. What's the head for you this weekend? What time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 4: I'm knocking off at four point thirty and it's my first Mother's Day? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh, enjoy that. That's going to be a moment. You're looking forward to it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really really excited. So my husband's planning everything. I have no idea. What's happening.
Speaker 2: Your baby's very young, so before they can actually do anything.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's almost one, she'll be one in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you got what a lovely couple of weeks Since you got your first birthday and then you've got my first Mother's Day. Two big firsts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a big it's a big month.
Speaker 2: And do you know what's going to be happening? No?
Speaker 4: Nothing, no idea.
Speaker 2: What do you want to happen?
Speaker 4: A sleeping would be nice?
Speaker 3: So not camping? Is the texting a hot shower?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some grandmother hand when you get out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never I've never heard of it none.
Speaker 2: We're waking up to the brave new world where Grandmother Ham has been around for ages. Wow, what a time to be alive, Tara, enjoy your first ever Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you everybody.
Speaker 2: Well Christian Connell's show podcast. So last night I was at the g let's just forget about how that these didn't realize that the first three quarters they actually count. It's not just a one quarter game. The big takeaway from me last night because a lot of times seeing goals being flashed up on the JumboTron by Carlton. All the goals were sponsored by Carl's, but they were heavily promoting something called Grandmother Ham. And all I could hear around me whilst people were going grandmother Grandmother Ham is Now I'd never heard of it. I didn't know if it was a I'm up to speeding after six years here in Australia, of like virtually a lot of stuff here, but I didn't know. And came this morning Pats and Jack. They didn't anything about grandmother Ham and then wearing a lot about Grandmother Ham. You've got a lot to say about Grandmother Ham. Christian. It is Grandmother Ham is the Ham of Hams. This is from Mark the story. The story story got it's got an origin story now the Marvel Universe. The story is that the recipe has passed down from generation to generating me. It's hat you kill the slice it up. There you go. That's the end of the story. Christian se n this morning on their breakfast show are giving away Grandmother Ham. Right listen, we're doing Binstick because they're doing Ham. We're all doing our best right now. What a time to be alive, Christian, and we have been buying Grandmother Ham for years before Cols jumped on the bandwagon. You buy it from the delies. But what it is it it's a fully boned leg. This is a lot of information for someone to text out and there's no spelling here. Mistakes site. Thank you a fully boned leg, hand trimmed and tied using nine meters of string. If you just cut and paste Wikipedia and text it to me, the skin is left on then smoked over German Beach. There's won many awards, including Best Christmas Ham. It is Australian made using the Australian pork. Linda you a butcher. There's a lot of Christian Grandmother Ham. We used to work in a deli at QVM and sold Grandmother Ham. It's leg ham, debone tied. We heard about that early from the other guy and cooked and we were told the name is owned. It's made, all made in Preston. It's handed down from generations. So much to say about grandmother. We need to get some on the show. I need to try some of this Grandmother Ham.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast