Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Sweety ways. The potty is here. Have a lovely weekend. Here's the potty.
Speaker 2: Hello love.
Speaker 1: That's got to be people out driving the car, especially people that have.
Speaker 3: The yeah turn on.
Speaker 1: No, the people that have the like plug into the into the like lighting holder, and they've got to go to nices, you know, ninety five point three to like hook up their bluetooth.
Speaker 2: What you know? Okay, do you know the one's talking about?
Speaker 1: You put the jack into the lighter of the car and then you've got a little radio transmission and you get them You get your music through the radio transmission.
Speaker 3: I don't lived that last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is redacted car brand. So someone wants to know what we were doing this situation dearest free Mindy and flex Mammy Army.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I've got a nod one, so buckle up. I went on a date recently with a very handsome gentleman. He had a lot of charisma. He worked in the alcohol industry. Red Flag we can get into it later, Okay, ordered us very fancy cocktails. We chatted, We chatted about music and traveling. Spot for through me Bro's and we had lots of the same interests that the chemistry was obvious, a lot of pain to the table today. Over All, the date went well, well enough that I wanted to see him again. That's amazing. At the end of the day, he insisted on walking me home because he weren't far from my house. I didn't want him to, but he insisted, and he didn't seem like a creep, so I just went with it. When we got to my house, we shared a passionate smooch oh, and I could tell as he pulled away he was waiting for me to jesture him upstairs. Ell, it's literally so scary, he gave me, should we look inside?
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, should be shame? Should we go look inside?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do you have no shame?
Speaker 3: You have no archaeologists, you have.
Speaker 2: No game sert.
Speaker 1: Although I would have let him up, my room was a mess and it simply was not gonna happen tonight. As I wrapped up the night, he asked my Instagram. I gave it him, a kissed again, and he left. After he followed me on Insta. I obviously returned the favor and followed him back the next day. I was anticipating some sort of follow up, but my follow request hadn't been accepted. Two days go past and I see that my follower request has been declined and he's unfollowed me brutal.
Speaker 2: I am in shock.
Speaker 1: Why ask for my insta if you don't want it? Or did you look at my profile and decide I wasn't cool enough?
Speaker 2: Him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Was this person's profile on public or private?
Speaker 3: We okay, how do we have?
Speaker 2: We're going to know?
Speaker 1: This whole situation has left me feeling pretty low, babe. I hate how rejection often makes me reflect on myself and what's wrong with me. But this situation truly fell like slap in the face. We're gonna help you, SI, We're gonna give you our advice on how to rebaar repair your relationship with yourself because it isn't about this man. I just always say bo dodged?
Speaker 2: Do you? That feels like a.
Speaker 3: New one from me. I've never heard that quote, that sequence of words. I don't think it's come out. I couldn't even recognize she.
Speaker 2: Said you should have given me that one FLEXI come on now, reading me?
Speaker 3: We have collectively, I don't think we've ever said.
Speaker 2: That play the types we can play.
Speaker 4: We don't have any reference from that on the archives man, that's got a sting, But it's hurtful because it affirms what she was avoiding, which was, well, I can imagine it's one of these things where like there's obvious chemistry here, right, so like, let's build on that chemistry.
Speaker 3: I can imagine she'd be here being like, I'm being really genuine, I'm showing up and giving you all personality. I'm assuming you're doing the same. Come to find out, it was just transactional. Like you were just trying to hit, and when you didn't get what you wanted, you didn't even have the decency to like uncouple. You hit the unfollow like it's the most transactional of dynamics. And that's the thing. That thing that gets me is that like there are people that out there that this is their game, right, they don't have to pretend wine and dine. They'll say straight up, this is what I'm interested in. I don't want to date. I just want something more intimate, more physical. And you can clock on and be like, okay, cool, I know.
Speaker 2: What this is.
Speaker 3: But then people use the tools of romance and traditional dating to just get the sex. That's when you're like, come on, you have other avenues for this, You have other avenues. You could have done this differently.
Speaker 2: Hey yeah, yeah, yeay, yay. That hits differently for some, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, alas a lot to reflect on. Don't feel bad, but you know, it's a tough pill to swallow when you realize this is just the way the world is. You just do the things you can, experience nice moments, and you can still not get what you want.
Speaker 1: It's so sad and sometimes you realize what I wanted, I'm so glad I didn't get. That's a key learning you want to elaborate or all I say is when you come out of the de lulu and some things become clear. It's a win loose situation because you realize just how de lulu you could become, which is a bit scary. But you also dodge a bullet, which is priceless. Bullet dodged, as we say, bullet dodged nowadays on the Internet, I feel like stories about being petty get a lot of airtime. My bestie Louis Hanson, that's like Lewis Hanson on Instagram did a whole segment called Petti Tea. We would ask people for the pettiest things they ever did and then reshare them absolutely brilliant stuff. I hope he brings the segment back in Q four. In Q four, we have found a woman on TikTok who talks about how she got revender of a guy. Unfortunately, she's deleted the TikTok, so I just have to explain it, but it's worth it. So a girl and her friends went to a comedy night and they accidentally spilt a drink on a guy that they knew. The guy turns around and calls the girl, who accidently speses helt it a number of derogatory terms, including crapping on the way she looked, and a lot of other things that I think are very unacceptable. So what the friend did to stick up for her friend? I always love it when her friend comes in is she begun sending him spoilers to all of his favorite shows on burner accounts. So she knew that this guy loved Game of Thrones. Every week she'd go to Reddit find a spoiler from America who send it.
Speaker 2: In the dms.
Speaker 3: He's sending seasoned tos.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh my god, please stop.
Speaker 1: He couldn't find anyone to make it stop because there was always a burner account. I always find a way, email, message, call to give in.
Speaker 2: The spoilers.
Speaker 1: Got me thinking, this is a pretty incredible way to get revenge. Would you ever be compelled, Mickey to get revenge on someone? What are your thoughts on petty revenge.
Speaker 5: I've contemplated it, I've never done it. Why the logistics, just the situation. When my friend was going through a breakup, we did like think about popping all his tires because we knew where he parked his car. And then I just was like, oh, let's spit spitting on that bad comer.
Speaker 2: I'm so illegal.
Speaker 3: Okay, I said revenge.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it, so I did do it, but I thought about it.
Speaker 1: You really don't strike me as someone who's ever wanted to get revenge.
Speaker 3: And I think it might be an overcorrection from my emotionally detached days. Let's say you're in a little bit of conflict with someone, I feel like the bulk of your energy should go towards the resolution. If you can't resolve, then bounce, like save yourself with the extra energy, and I don't mean suppress the emotions, but I feel like it's watching somebody a knack to revenge. I'm like, I don't really think this is helping you like you think it's helping you, because everybody comes down from bitterness.
Speaker 2: We really do.
Speaker 3: Like you come down off the high being bitter and angry, and the shame always follows. Even when it's all your fault, the shame comes. So imagine you had the additional the default shame that's going to be there, and then the added shame of the ongoing narrative of this thing that you did. So let's say you put I don't know glue in their shampoo, and now you're seeing Micky laughing, and now you see they're posting updates being like, oh my god, I've got traction alopecia. My hair's falling out. I have no idea why. And then they end up becoming a content creator talking about early on set traction alopecia that comes out of nowhere. And now they're suing the shampoo brand and there's a class action lawsuit happening. They're probably gonna lose because it didn't It wasn't the shampoo's fault because they tested it and there was glue in it. And now the cops are like, oh no, this is like a potential homicide case, so we need to do some investigations. And now your fingerprints are on the bottle of it, and now you have to be like, oh no, those are old fingerprints. But then that person's like, no, I literally bought this shampoo like last week. There's a new fingerprint. And then they might say, oh, well it's someone in the supermarket. They did it to you. So they get the seat to keep me footage and like there was no one. And then what happens is the person who was stocking the shelves that day ends up doing twenty to life because people are of the impression that they were spiking all the shampoo bottles. That's what revenge is.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I always say I critical think for fun. I don't really think it's practical critical thinking, Like I think that it's just in this beautiful conceptual bubble where you can just think around in circles. But realistically, you have to do what makes you happy. And if slashing a tie in the moment made you happy, then I'm sure you have enough of that positivity to write out the consequences. People don't do that enough. Just do what makes you feel good in this moment. I support you nonetheless, not legally, never legally, from my heart, not on record, from like the crust of my heart, definitely not inside.
Speaker 1: You're listening to flex and rooms on.
Speaker 3: Kit anybody actually went to UNI College tertiary education. I feel as though even if you learnt heaps of stuff, you can definitely recognize gaps in your understanding of the w world and people around you. And who knows if UNI was ever meant to fill those gaps, if you were meant to apply yourself and take initiative and do your own research. But I saw this video from z Marna that taps into what we should have learned at UNI and didn't love it.
Speaker 1: In every class, it's very important to have an enemy, a joker, and a crush, and sometimes they can be.
Speaker 2: One and the same.
Speaker 1: Like the enemy can be a joker if you're really lucky, the enemy can be the crush.
Speaker 2: Oh that's actually kind of a perfect situation.
Speaker 3: What I say. This really clicked for me because I feel like a lot of us don't anticipate a life where we have any actual enemies or a life where we can go to the source of someone for a bit of humor. It's this over emphasis on a crush. But imagine it's like you were taught from like your youngest days. They're going to be three types of people people are attracted to, yep. People who make you laugh, people who make you hate yourself or hate them. I don't think. I think if we were truly prepared for that, life would make a bit more sense because I personally, for me, where my resilience fails is when people that I thought were like fine or had great personalities are actually deplorable people. Oh like people I fundamentally cannot stand.
Speaker 2: And how do you get to that? Like, how do you realize that.
Speaker 3: You just get to know people? I think, for the most part, like most people, in my opinion, are fine on a surface level. I think a lot of us are self alwa enough to know that we don't want to be considered annoying or we don't want to be on the outside of anything, So we develop the social skills that will ensure that we have connections, we have friends, and we have people we can talk to people, we can lean on, but I think what we don't spend a lot of time on is digging deeper. I remember my mum gave me this advice because my mum's very big on hygiene, and she was like, please, don't be one of those people that spends all their time trying to make sure that they look good on the outside, but then don't do any of the basics of your hygiene to make sure you actually present that way. I just remember being in like high school locker rooms and everybody just finishing gym and spraying impulse, having not worn diodor in beforehand.
Speaker 2: Disgusting.
Speaker 3: You can't mask it, babe.
Speaker 2: Or people who.
Speaker 3: Refuse to take off their makeup before they go to bed and ruin their sheets, have stains everywhere, but then don't care about washing it because like you know how this is, or like I just like those little things. I'm like, yes, you can only mask the outside for so long before you have to dig deep and be accountable for what gets revealed.
Speaker 2: And that's gonna hit differently.
Speaker 3: I always forget that. I'm like, yes, if you want to know people deeper, you have to, or if you want the beauty of getting to know someone deeply. You have to make room for not liking what you find, and I always forget that.
Speaker 2: I never want to know that. I know it's awful. The horrors are endless, would you not agree?
Speaker 3: I take it back now, the horrors are limited. I think the horrors are finite. The love is endless.
Speaker 1: That's all right, that's all right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: It's that time of week again. Play the tape, Mickey.
Speaker 5: Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Mickey's music quiz.
Speaker 3: Thank you beautiful.
Speaker 2: I was checking an actual thing. What are you doing to?
Speaker 3: Budget? Allocation had increased out. He didn't like my that's for royalties. You can't be doing that for free.
Speaker 2: All right, Mickey, what have we got today?
Speaker 5: Okay, so today's theme is sad girl love songs.
Speaker 2: It's neither of our really remits, but I'll give it a go.
Speaker 5: Well, last week was way too I wanted to bring it back, all right, let's go, Mickey. Song number one.
Speaker 2: Me Lina del Ray, Young and beautiful, cracked.
Speaker 3: Reminds you of.
Speaker 2: Bond, James Bond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I love that song? Yeah? Beautiful.
Speaker 5: Song number two.
Speaker 3: Rihanna and what's it called Love on the brain?
Speaker 2: Brighton?
Speaker 3: Number three? Why is this more stressful than the other ones?
Speaker 2: This is my crying song?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, it's not Noah Cyrus?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yes? Can you named the song? Is it July correct?
Speaker 2: Two points to flex, one point for me?
Speaker 5: Number four Come.
Speaker 3: One Driver's License by Lvia, Oh my god, Flex, what have you been doing already? She can't come back from one. Let her try, but we'll try try.
Speaker 2: Wow. Flex is the sad girl song. It's okay?
Speaker 3: Number five.
Speaker 2: Alicia Keys fallen.
Speaker 3: Wrong songwright artist Alicia Keys. If it ain't you four to flex?
Speaker 1: You ate depressed, you didn't gobble enough, okay, sad okay, dried up okay, crying in your bedroom alone?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's no more classic?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Let me every single the thing comparing this week to last week. All of those were deep cuts Bowie, I like people were.
Speaker 2: Not I was so fand of you?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: All of these have been in circulation in every major everything for the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Twenty okay, guys, just as a little bonus round.
Speaker 2: I want you two together.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it's try yeah now. Sween Symphony by the verb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten the artist.
Speaker 5: It's actually they had a major copyright battle and I studied in a UNI.
Speaker 3: What was it or is it?
Speaker 5: You can't be one of the Rolling Stones had a sample in it, very very small and when after all their money and now they don't make a cent from that song.
Speaker 3: Shut up fun facts.
Speaker 2: That's far out all right. It's from the scene in O C.
Speaker 3: The scene the closing credits. This is why you get nostalgical scene from the two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: There was will the scene in the OC. It's news Eve and Ryan and mossa kiss.
Speaker 3: This feels like Laguna Beach season finale, the season two.
Speaker 2: It's the funeral by band Horses.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: If you don't get this, Mickey, I'm a bit worried.
Speaker 2: Okay, no one he's suffered from.
Speaker 3: I love how for me? Literally circumnavigated the music quiz so she could win, just thinking like not flex can't win. Yeah, so I'm going to bring you my deepest cuts and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make it really I was actually going for the least deep cuts.
Speaker 3: No, sorry, miss competitive. It's okay to lose.
Speaker 2: I'll make it hard next week.
Speaker 3: If you're going to act like this, bring me.
Speaker 2: Some country music.
Speaker 3: That was great, Mickey, thank you, thank you, No worries. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.