Speaker 1: God will the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour, even the boss doesn't listen. Ladies, gentlemen, welcome Susie Christian O'Connor for REFI show. Good morning, Thursday morning. I hope you well. Welcome to the show. It's the Christian o'color Rectord Show, a Richmond Scoder on gold one oh four point three Today's show. Then we are out tonight and you can join us. It's our first movie club of the year of twenty nineteen, and we're gonna put a screening off. Anchorman got some last chance tickets if you want to come and join us, and that's once we've allocate how many personal family members you always bring along to any of our screenings or events.
Speaker 3: Jack, they can't come tonight. Well, yeah, mom and dad are out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why we've got last chance tickets. Now I know why. So you can come and join us tonight, have a beer with us on some popcorn. We'll give away some tickets during the next hour as well. To you Golden Hour listeners. Patsy, how was yesterday? How was your twentieth wedding anniversary?
Speaker 4: You're gonna laugh so we didn't get home till about seven from parent teacher.
Speaker 2: Do you find that, by the way, I find that so stressful.
Speaker 4: It's like speed dating.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you get a couple of minutes with the teacher and then you have to move on. There's like a clock on the table.
Speaker 4: And the principals walking around with her stopwatch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's always there's always a couple though that would overstay their welcome's really arrogantly about their bratty little kid.
Speaker 4: That's us.
Speaker 3: So is it perhaps do you have Audrey there with you or is one where you have she's not there?
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't have to, it's it's you can choose. But we always take I mean we're talking about her, so we always take her so she can ask questions.
Speaker 2: We never take them because you'll get more honest answers than from the teacher when they're not there.
Speaker 4: Probably when she's older, we'll leave her at home and how.
Speaker 2: She's been getting on and she stops, she stopped doing all the fire and the arsenal.
Speaker 4: Look, we've got to address the drug issue. But apart from that.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good, that's great, that's great to do. So then when you go home for that. What did you do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: You know, the house looks like a bomb. The dog wants to walk nothing. Do you know what we had for dinner? Two minute noodles.
Speaker 3: So romantic.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, chicken two minute noodles.
Speaker 2: It's the dinner of winners. They can have that as a advertising strap line.
Speaker 4: That's all that was in the pantry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but isn't it sometimes those tiny little things. Yeah, when you're just happy, you're celebrating twenty years of marriage, You've got your daughter, you've got your health, you're okay. I bet that Actually, in a way, that was a perfect little mill to have to Really, we.
Speaker 4: Looked at one another, Chris and I looked at one another and just just started laughing. It's like, it is all these little things. It's going to parent teacher, it's having to do the washing. Thank god we're healthy enough to be able to do the normal things.
Speaker 2: The Peter Logan effect. It's still with us exactly. And Patsy, I must thank you as well on behalf of my wife. Patsy were kind enough yesterday it's your special day, your wedding anniversary, to send my wife who's getting over knee surgery. You sent her these beautiful flowers. They were so expensive. You know, sometimes it's what women do when someone could just kind for them, They almost get angry. Last night, my wife at bedtime was going, you must thank Pats. She really shouldn't have done that. Oh no, it was really naught to her to do that, because that would have cost a lot of money and a lot of time. So she really shouldn't have done that. I said. She did because she wanted to exactly. You know, she was like, well, please tell her that she really shouldn't have done that, and she no need to do that. You know, women go, you really shouldn't have you really shouldn't have done put your money away. I'm paying for this. Women someone get angry when someone's trying to do them something nice.
Speaker 4: I felt sorry for her because she's laid up, and you know this is really it's not nice.
Speaker 2: It's really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean I didn't want to upset Sarah. That's why I didn't send them, because I didn't want to get her in that stay.
Speaker 2: Do you know what Sarah said? You know, are you going to bring up on the show? I said, yeah, of course, because Jack didn't do anything he must, he must make him feel bad because he's just He's just a boy. She said, he's just a boy.
Speaker 3: I could have known, to be fair, I could have saved up my pocket man and flowers.
Speaker 4: Hey, I believe you're a babysitting soon though, like that.
Speaker 2: Boy the kids for a couple of weeks. I've forgotten about that as well. So yet, don't worry you're forgiven because you're just a boy. Perhaps you really should have done that, Pats.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: My wife yesterday is part of her I tell this is what the surgeon said above. Our recovery from this a c L surgery was tearing. Three more episodes yesterday with the old Rice. We all know the Rice techniquely raise elevate Netflix boss to her husband around, I think it is not Rice? Is it it is Ri? I'm so, isn't it right? It's rest ice compression elevation. We go by the way on this team, do we ever train first? Aida? Oh?
Speaker 3: We should do if no one else in the building at this part.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about is one of us needs to know what to do? Because I don't want to mention names, but the World's Oldest Man works on this show. Only a couple of weeks ago, we had a concerned producer why she hadn't heard from the World's Oldest Man, because she hadn't heard of him three hours that we need just had a search by He's at that age where he's had a full you know, that's when you know you're a certain age. When he's had a fall, has his trip's over, he could be he could have fallen over at the bottle of stairs right now. Doesn't have one of those buttons to get help or something. We need us on this team. We're the only ones in the building. Don't we need someone.
Speaker 3: That can well, they're saying that CPI is the engineer who's here maybe one out of every five.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to find that guy? He plays hide and seek. You go looking from now you are able to find him. Engineers hide from breakfast shows because all we've done is he's broken something or oh, you're going to have to mend the coding now so that they hide. We start going someone's collapsed. He's not coming out of his hovel where he hides from us. There's no way.
Speaker 4: We need one of those media alarms for bread you know you wear around you, yes, neck and push the button?
Speaker 3: Should we all do the three of us do the first aid course?
Speaker 2: Do you know how to do? See play?
Speaker 3: I remember doing it in high school?
Speaker 2: Is five to one? Is it like? It's it's one mouth, you cover the nostril, lift that, tilt the head back and do one blow and then five just chess compressions.
Speaker 3: I would have I thought it was the same amount of blows for chess compressions, Like.
Speaker 2: No, there's a ratio one two, three, No, I'm pretty sure it's No.
Speaker 4: It's just one, isn't.
Speaker 2: It it's one to five one chess compressions five.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's different in the UK, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: We've got different hearts, actually got bigger hearts. Actually we should know. Does anyone know what is the ratio? Now? Worried? What if there's an acce on today's show? We just moved on and we didn't actually find it. Is it five to one? Is it one breath to five? Pumpy pumps?
Speaker 3: Can you tay just first ad?
Speaker 2: I think they teach it by the begs. It's no seriously, ha ha huh. Breadth stain and ife. Huh.
Speaker 3: I don't beg's but I remember you do it to a song, sing a song in your head and that's the temper which one.
Speaker 2: Because it could be speed and you can do that. Just choked on something, all right? What is the ratio? Probably the most important question we're ever going to ask on the show nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we've drifted like we were doing the show, but actually into something interesting and important. What is the right ratiow if you have to do CPR to try and save somebody's life. I thought it was and I remember being taught it many many years ago, but I'm sure it's changed now five to one, the one being one mouth breath where you close the nostril and gently tilt the head back, and then five chess compressions. But I'm probably wrong, but we should know. Just worked out on this team of seven or eight that are on this breakfast show right now Monday to Friday, every morning, there's no one else in the building and that'll be the shame. Same up and down the Darling Melbourne. They all have these little teams, little units making breakfast shows. Obviously we're at Fox. I think it's eighty two people and he's probably going a personal doctor in there. He's got five people inside him operating him. It's gonna field units set up just outside there. Well, they've got a.
Speaker 3: Personal barista in there in the studio. Let's make him.
Speaker 2: All right? So who can help us out here? What is the right ratio? Let's go to the lines. Now, we got on theline. Chloe, Good morning, Chloe, Good morning, Christian. How are you well? We're alive at the moment, but you could help save a life. So what can you share with us? What do we need to know?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: So I'm a nurse and I'm on my way to the morning shift.
Speaker 1: Yep, and it is it.
Speaker 6: Is two breaths to every thirty compressions.
Speaker 2: We were on. So can I break that down? Can I lower that ratio to one to fifteen?
Speaker 7: No, they actually don't recommend breast if you don't have a proper air.
Speaker 6: What's the right word for it?
Speaker 2: I don't know you the nurse, I'm the DJ.
Speaker 3: Is it if you haven't been married, I'm the nurse.
Speaker 1: I should know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But yeah, so it doesn't really matter about the breast.
Speaker 1: As much, right, Okay, more about doing proper compressions, and that is how it's the best way to hopefully bring someone back from who's.
Speaker 6: In cardiac arrests or who's having trouble and when.
Speaker 2: What is the correct way? What would you advise us hard over the phone? I know, to do chest compressions. Is it that sort of rocking backwards and forwards with the double hands connected?
Speaker 6: Okay, No, so it's the center of the chest and it is straight hands leaning over them, and it's one.
Speaker 1: Third tips of the chest, so you don't want to go.
Speaker 2: Too hard otherwise you'll break the chest play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but it's supposed to be one third tips of the of the chests.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Chloe, thanks you cool, thank you? All right, that's the calling him.
Speaker 3: You're right about staying Alive. By the way, it's on the top list of songs to think of when you're doing the chest compressions for the right beat staying Alive. The others are Umba by Hanson.
Speaker 2: I think, do you know if it's been brought round from the afterlife or if I started to go towards the white light and I start to heart hands and I'm in hell. I thought I'd been so good. I did say some bad things that already about that devil baby, but that was a long time ago, so far I had kids. Please send me up, Send me up. I'm a decent guy. Do you know what we need? First aid training?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I've written a note down. Now we need to go on a course and learn how to do it. I think it's our responsibility as well, because you never know when you're gonna be out in about when you might just be doing some basic first day to say I don't even know what to do about choking or anything like that. You often see people start choking some when they go blue and stuff that I don't know whether you meant to pat them on the back or anything. I remember when one of our kids, when they were really young, put a Barbie's shoe up their nose because that's what you do when you're six, and it went up the nostril down into the back of the throat pass and she started to choke and I wasn't there. Sarah was there, and she started to go blue. And it happens in nano seconds, and you don't know what to do, and she rang the emergency services and they said, we need to tell you what to do now, because the nearest ambulance we can see is about twelve minutes away. She won't make twelve minutes. You mentioned hearing that you're on the funny thing, and she said you have to tilt them. You have to tilt them over your knee and tilt them down and pat the back that way. She used gravity basically where sometimes Eve was saying, because most people think you just can go in with your fingers and try and pinch that that you can push it further down even but of course they go and blue and it's panicking. You haven seen someone really choke. No, it's like a sign. I think they can't make any noise.
Speaker 3: I think you do the Heimlich maneuver and do you not attempt that?
Speaker 2: This is why, this is why we need to go on a first day course. We need first day training, all right.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The next hour he can come and join us. Tonight we are off to the cinemas, our first movie club of the year. And this is where he three months we've got a movie. We watch it again with you, or for some of you might be the first time. But the important thing is you get to have a beer and some popcorn with us. You can win that during the next hour. On this day, mystery, on this day, all right, on this day, mystery. I've got this one today, the seventh of March. Back in fifteen thirty, here we go. Fifteen thirty, King Henry the eighth sent a divorce request to the Pope of his first wife. The Pope went, no, get this, This is how crazy King Henry the eighth was. Remember he had many wives. Remember the an acronym. There was an acronym to try and remember the seven I think it was the seven wives of any eight. So anyway, he asked the Pope listen on aga whatever, you just sign it here, and I pot went no. So he decided to set up his own religion in the UK, the Church of England, and he installed himself. He broke away from the Roman Catholic Church just to get a divorce, yep, And he set himself up as the supreme head of the Church of England. Set up a breakaway church.
Speaker 3: Was it popular?
Speaker 2: Yeah, still survives to this day the Church of England. Yeah, and that's what it comes from, just because the actual pope he said, well, I don't respect your power, going to set up my own religion in the UK, of breakaway Catholic religion and put myself as the head of it.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought they just did beheadings back in those days.
Speaker 2: That happened a thousand days later, by the way to the Second Wife. Yeah, fine times. I think Game of Thrones is bad history of the real life version of it. However, I'm talking to day, not about fifth thirty, but about nineteen something something was born into the world on this day. Someone something something, He's born into this world on the seventh of March.
Speaker 4: An invention.
Speaker 2: One billion people have suffered since its invention. One billion people have suffered since its invention on this day in history. What do you think it is? A billion of us? I know you have.
Speaker 3: I've suffered from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patsy has to.
Speaker 3: I have Patchy been.
Speaker 4: Daytime soaps.
Speaker 2: Good guess, actually, Patsy, But no, all right, one billion people have suffered. That's what they are sufferers. Something was invented on this day in history, and many years later, a billion of us have suffered. What do you think it is? It's an invention nine four one four one four three. Give us a call with your guesses. If you get it right, you can co repare tickets. Come and join us tonight as we watch Anchorman with.
Speaker 5: You, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, so I'm in charge of on this day in mystery today go back to the seventh of March books saying what the year is? But something was invented and now suddenly twenty nineteen, one billion of us have suffered because of this invention, A cruel invention, needless suffering. And you know what right now is to click my fingers, I can't click them very well. Actually, someone is suffering in the world right now.
Speaker 3: Now, knowing what it is, you let me in on it over the song I have suffered, sir, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We all have, and we could suffer again. We're not out of the woods.
Speaker 3: I hope it never happened to me again.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's take some guesses. What do you think was invented on this day in history? And now many years later, one billion of us have suffered. Let's go to a Christy and Chrissy. Hi Christian, Hey, good morning mate.
Speaker 8: I think it's a credit card, the credit card, credit card.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the credit card. Interesting guests. You think a billion people have suffered, but I guess they have with they don't keep up to date with repayments. Your home is at risk. Oh, Chrissy, it's not the right guess. Okay, I have a good day. Thank you, bye bye bye there Chrissy Live and the doner. Matt, good morning.
Speaker 3: Can we have Matt?
Speaker 2: What are they doing now today? No? Okay, Matt hasn't got the right answer either. His idea was the iPhone. It's not the iPhone, but that is a smart guess. It's actually the hideous board game Monopoly. Can you believe it was invented in nineteen thirty three? Nineteen thirty three, the board game Monopoly was unnecessarily gifted to the world. Over a courd of a billion board games have been actually purchased, which means they reckon. Over a billion people have played the irritating game of Monopoly. To me, it's the worst board game ever. It is the world's biggest and most favorite board game.
Speaker 3: Well favorite, is that true?
Speaker 2: Most the most popular one.
Speaker 3: It is just for whatever reasons seem to be most homes have one. Yeah, we've got monopoly. We'd never play.
Speaker 2: Go and stay in a guest house. You go into an airbnb so many of them have and flip a Monopoly sets they go to and it's always like a knaked one where one of the flaps it's ripped, you know where it's probably been put back in a you know, an a warring family. Has anyone ever played that miserable? Let me just this, have you ever been been part of a game where it doesn't end with people getting angry with each other family members trying to ruin another family member financially and then bulldoze their property and build on top of it.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it finish with a shake of the hands and gone, well done, you are the deserved winner.
Speaker 4: And all the different versions of it? How many different versions of monopoly are now?
Speaker 2: Well, do you know what? I found an article right online? Eighty facts about Monopoly. They've stretched that there's about six of them that are genuinely interested and I've got them for you. Patty could question one hundred and sixty different versions.
Speaker 3: Wow, I actually thought there would have been more. There's so many ridiculous ones. Now, if you go to a game show monopolyi's.
Speaker 2: Got got like a game of Thrones. They have a lot of different spin offs of TV shows and movies. All right, some of my other Monopoly facts. Monopoly game has been played by characters in Zombieland and gossip Girl. On the record, the longest game of Monopoly ever played seventy straight days. It's in Agains Book of Record over two months.
Speaker 3: We're still why bother?
Speaker 2: Why? Why?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Seventy straight days? All right? This is a great pub a pub quis question? How many houses? How many hotels? It's all the same in every single Monopoly game.
Speaker 3: Definitely more houses, like four to ones.
Speaker 2: That's it, isn't that cpr? We're going back.
Speaker 3: Thirty houses, five hotels, six hotels.
Speaker 2: Thirty two houses, twelve hotels very close though, yeah, thirty two houses and twelve hotels. How much is that? Inn a Monopoly game as well, there's always the same amount of money. The bank has the same amount of money. It's exact amount of money. How much you think it is?
Speaker 4: Twe hundred, isn't it? Does an each player get one hundred?
Speaker 2: That's each player the bank doesn't because there's five hundreds, and you know, I think you've.
Speaker 3: Got fifteen hundred to start.
Speaker 2: Chris, is so the total value and you open up the board game, how much money in total? Does the bank have?
Speaker 3: A million?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: A thousand?
Speaker 2: Thousands? It pats, I already know. There's a couple of five hundred. It's on ad bills in there. Good with money twenty thousand and five hundred and eighty dollars. That's the same amount. Okay, And those are your top five monopoly facts. Go share them with your friends today at work and boll them.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three So tonight, very excited. We're all out, the whole teams out tonight. You can come and join us. It's our first movie club of the year. We put on a movie and do we watch it again. You can come and join us. Doesn't matter if you've ever seen it before. It's more important that we get to say thanks for supporting the show. Have a beer with us and some popcorn. We're off to hots where you were trained up.
Speaker 3: The gardens, the one near the big ikea that we try to avoid it all costs, but we must get close to it tonight to go to the heights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be careful. Ikeas are like a strong magnet. Yes, once you're in or get anywhere near to their field, no no no no no no no. And once you're in that magnetic pool, you go right into the belly of the beast that is Ikea.
Speaker 3: You're stuck in the mauth.
Speaker 2: You're stuck in the maize, and they lure you with those Swedish delicious meat balls and have moosomberry sorts. But anyway, what are you starting to work on me? You can come and join us. We've got some tickets. You have come and join us tonight. The thing we want to talk about then is do you remember the last movie you went to see with your mum and dad. The reason I'm still about this is my golf trainer the other day was telling memory he took his dad to see Stan and Ollie, this brilliant new movie with John c Riley and Steve Coogan. Everyone's raving about gonna sit this weekend. I can't wait. And his dad's a huge fan of laurl and Hardy and he said, we love the movie. His Dad was crying at the end because it was lovely just to see their story brought to life, and he said it was quite sweet taking my dad. The last movie I went to see with mard Man was Ghostbusters back in the eighties. It's the first time for.
Speaker 3: The long time.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they fell out or they foiled, never to do it again to worse than Monopoly with family members going to see Ghostbusters. But it got me thinking about movies that you were the last movie I saw with my dad, and then the last movie I saw with my dad. It's actually not that long ago. A couple years ago, there was a movie that came out, brilliant boxing movie called The Fighter, Yeah Matt Wilberg, Christian Bell and the awesome Amy Adams true life story of great boxer called Mickey Ward. And I was invited to a preview and it was going to be hosted by a former middleweight champion of the world, Joe Kalazaki, who was going to get up into a speech about boxing and why like the movie. My dad is a former boxer and he loves by sport movies. I thought, Oh, I'll take my dad to it. So he went to see it. And it was a great, great movie. Apart from two things. My dad I didn't realize. Whenever he watched the movie and anything significant happens during it goes like this. So about fifteen times during the movie, right I would get doing a key scene. I think he's gonna do it again. A minute. This is a key scene. He's leaving his wife. He got this. I've had it. Really small thing. But you know in the cinema when you're like, you're getting tense and what's it's on your radar, That's where my brain works. I can't relax. I'm too hyper vigilant waiting things. And then the guy am I right was a very famous movie critic who had a notepad out with a special pen that he kept clicking really loudly that had a light at the end of it so we could write notes. He's obviously reviewing the movie. I was sat next to the two worst people in the cinema. But it's a great movie. The Fighter is Norse movie or there. It was a Mark Warburger movie. To me, that's a Christian Bell movie. Every scene he's not in, you're like, when are they going back to Dickie his crazy brother he just steals that movie from Mark Warburg, And what's Mark Warburg's great in it? What's the last one you saw with your mum and dad?
Speaker 3: Well, besides Dumb and Dumber, which was our last movie club.
Speaker 2: Are they not in the house tonight? You always bring the extended circus.
Speaker 3: No they're not. They're not there tonight. But the last one I saw with my dad at the cinema, just the two of us, was a History of Violence What Vigo Morton's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really really super dart movie. Yeah, it was actually a fun hang.
Speaker 3: It wasn't actually the violence that was the awkward part between us. There's a very interesting sex scene earlier in the film. It felt like fifteen years past doing that.
Speaker 2: Almost make you mean, pretty awkward. All right, give us a call this morning. What's the last movie you saw with mum or dad or both of them? Nine four one four one O four three. That's what I'm gonna give us a call? Last movie you saw with mum and dad? Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Asking this morning, can you remember what's the last movie you saw with your and dad. Friend of mine took his dad to go and see Stan and Laurel. This new movie with Steve Coogan and John c Ridley. It's specially be brilliant. I have to see it this weekend. But it was the last movie you went to see with his dad before Stan and I Ollie was Ghostbusters. So asking you what was it for you the last movie you saw with your parents? Pam?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Now are you I'm good, Welcome to the show, Pam. Thanksgiving us a call. So it's going to a memory name. What was the last movie you saw with your parents?
Speaker 11: I took my mom to see Flesh Gordon thinking it was Flash Gordon.
Speaker 2: No, it was a very rude parody. I remember going to see this with a couple of my mates when I was a teenager. I mean, it's really rude. It was I remember a scene. Do you remember the ballet scene? Oh you can imagine. It was the eighties ballet scene, and the guy playing Flesh Gordon, not Flash Gordon, was in tight tight at the ballet and a girl walked past. He got different time excited. I never heard of It's a really bad movie. Flick with non stop rude rudeness in it as well.
Speaker 3: I honestly thought whether whether the producers had written Flesh Gordon on the phone system. I thought it was just another.
Speaker 2: Another one typo. Yeah, No, it's a really really rude one is it's non.
Speaker 12: Stop, yeah, non stop.
Speaker 11: But luckily my mum saw the sense of humor.
Speaker 2: So great.
Speaker 11: You're pretty lucky.
Speaker 2: And it's not been to the cinema since that outing together. No, that's great, that's funny. Pam, thank you very much. You come. I have a good day you too.
Speaker 11: Thanks Christian, Belinda, Yes, Christian, good morning.
Speaker 2: Yes Belinda, welcome to the show. What was the movie for you? For the last time we saw with your parents?
Speaker 12: I was five years old, and that's forty five years ago. My mom took me to see Charlotte's Web and I sobbed.
Speaker 8: I sobbed so.
Speaker 12: Much halfway through that she took me home and we never went to the movie.
Speaker 2: Today to what was a five year old Charlotte Web. It's another one of these brilliant roll darl stories. But there's a darkness in there as well. Lot there is with Charlie and Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 12: There is, and I still I've done eight year old daughter and I still can't watch it. I still have to leave the room.
Speaker 2: It's a scary kids movie. Yes, Charlotte's Web. I remember watching my kids and I think I was more freaked out by them. It's a really dark one of his it is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so yeah, I have never been taken her to the movies or been with her again.
Speaker 2: All right, but THENDA, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 12: Thanks, Christian, have a good day anyway.
Speaker 2: Keep the course coming. Last Movie you Saw any Parents nine four one four one four three, The.
Speaker 5: Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We have an amazing call lined up next about the last movie you saw with your parents, So Christian O'Connor Redford Show Gold one I four point three seven twenty four in ten minutes time. We're bringing it back. We started something last week. We thought it was a one off. It was so big and we love that so much. We're going to try it again this week. It's called Don't Judge Me but.
Speaker 5: The Christian Who Connall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 2: Good on And Marissa, Hello, Marissa, Hello, Ah, there you go, Marissa thanks a way to speak to us. My producer said, you've got to speak to Marissa. She's got a great call about the last movie she saw with her mum.
Speaker 8: I have, yes, I'll tell you it was a background Mumm's age seven years old and she came out here to Australia many years ago. Never learned to drive a card so we never did did much as a young child. But this year, my daughter and I decided to take her to the remake of Marry Poppins because we always watched the old vision on DVD and absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: So, hang on, is this the first time your dear old mom has ever been to the movies? Yes, I find that astonishing amazing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's from Italian background, so her Italian, her English is at well, but she she gets to just say the stories when we watch them together. So she we just decided to spoil her for the day. Absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine going to the cinema for the first time. And how old was she when she went to the cinema for the first time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're here in Australia eighty seven.
Speaker 3: So this year was talking why did you think of the cinema experiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what snacks did she have at eighty seven? She loved it.
Speaker 8: She actually said, I've never ever seen any this before. She said it was losting and they had a world experience for her. So she really really loved it.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. And is she now going to go and see more movies at the cinema? Now she's opened up this new door.
Speaker 8: It depends. She just prail at the moment. But if we can get her, you know, something else comes out of a remake that so we watched it.
Speaker 2: She's only going to do remakes.
Speaker 8: If they're doing any remakes of other movies, is what I'm saying. That we used to watch together. Oh yeah again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll tell you what you should have. Take you go and get to see a the remake they made a couple years ago, the Jungle Book. They've got the other one. Another one's coming up this year. But the one they did a couple of years ago was outstanding. She she'd loved that. Yeah, absolutely, all right, listen very so, thank you very much your story. Okay, I think she said something else at the end.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we did this last week called don't Judge Me but and uh. We just were trying it and didn't know how big it would become. And we had some amazing calls. Here's the idea, you just confessed to something, and we promise not to judge you. There can be no judging, all right, And it's hard at times. A couple of times we had to sit on our hands and the sneaking because some of the things we heard. If you missed it last week, here are some of our favorites for don't judge me.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 2: Don't judge me.
Speaker 11: But when I expect the dishwasher at night time with dirty plates, I let the dog lick them sometimes.
Speaker 12: My name is Susan and don't judge me fat. You know when you bought cross It through a supermarket and in the next side.
Speaker 8: They're a little bit moldy.
Speaker 11: I have watched a little bit smalled off and still choke them.
Speaker 2: Dale.
Speaker 11: Don't judge me, but I find if my candy bars are tea cold, I'll stick them down my pants to warm them up.
Speaker 2: I still keep figuring about that now. I got miles by the other day and it was ice cold and solid, and I looked at it. I thought, I can't because the kids are in the car niff, I shove that down in front of the patch. I can't explain that one. Christ caddles. Don't judge me, but all right kicking off this morning. Then we got this one from an email that I've in New South Wales listening to the show illegally. Christian late La party. Don't judge me, but I've been with my partner for three years. We have a roast dinner every Sunday. I cook it. I always go with port because they're cheaper. Every time I do this, my partner comes in when it's done. We have the same conversation. I say, I'm rubbish the crackling and how thrown it away because I still can't quite get it right. However, Christian, don't judge me, but for the past three years I have perfected the ideal crackling on the pork and the timing to stuff it into my face before saying to my partner big shout out, dinner's ready. I'm ashamed and guilty, but I love having all the crackling to myself. Chris, thank you very much. All right, so I'll kick off with one as well. Please don't judge me, but my wife, recovering from knee surgeries, got into this TV show. It's a big British One's been all over the world. You can find it on Netflix, Call the Midwife. She watches it all the time, all the time at the moment, and I feel bad, But I said to her last night she wrote, Chris, I just love this. I just wish you'd stop being said please just watch it with me. Do you know have they made many seasons of this?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: I know for a fact they've made eight? She doesn't how to use Netflix. Went no, just the one. Ah, you horrible men, cherish these precious hours because they're running out.
Speaker 4: That's sick woman, and you do yeah, and.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 2: Don't judge you about My wife believes there was only one season of Call the Midwife. It got counseled. There's eight. And I'm making another one of the dreary, nonsense, ruddy face Brits on bike set in the nineteen fifties, delivering babies. How can you keep having a new episode about delivering babies in the nineteen fifties? Nine seasons of it? Anyway? What have you got for us? The best confessions we get for. Don't judge me, but we give you the chance of three mates to come and have a beer with us tonight and watch Anchorman. It's our first movie club of the year. Nine four one O four three. Judgment Free Zone. Don't judge me, but what do you want to confess?
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three got.
Speaker 2: A real treat coming up again after eighty lots on him another brand new isolated vocal for your ears right now, your chance to confess. Christian o'connalls. Don't judge me, but all right, Judgment free Zone. I'm saying this to my south out loud and everybody on this team. It's some of the stuff we heard last week. But we promise not to judge you. It's a judgment for his zone. You confess whatever you want, don't judge me, but first of all that's got to let's go to Scott. Good morning, Scott, Hey, Hey, I'm good Scottie boy. What do you want to say?
Speaker 10: Christian?
Speaker 11: Don't judge me, but I for the last eight months have been having nap around the corner after work.
Speaker 10: After telling my fiance that I haven't finished work yet.
Speaker 3: Oh close to the house, do you get, Scot?
Speaker 10: About three blocks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be safe to Shane Crawford does as well. He's got four boys, two which are twins. He drives around the corner and we'll pull it over and have a little power that for half an hour forty five minutes, saying that he was stuck in traffic. It's an old trick, but sometimes you've got to get those little breaks when you can. Yeah, you got to do it all right, Scott, Thank you very much, Thank you. Let's try great name, heck, Hey morning, Christian. What a great name, Hector. Love that name much appreciate that. Yeah, all right, Hector, what's your one? Christian? Don't judge me, but on the weekend, I normally set my alarm for about eight until my wife is around six. I know that she won't get up, and then I've got a few hours of just some hecta time. Who doesn't want some hecta time. I'm going to refer to that golden color of hours as hector time from now on, Christian just needs some hectic time.
Speaker 3: What do you usually do with hecktime? Hector?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's normally FIFA or watch a movie or yeah, just you know, eat some food.
Speaker 10: And I know that she probably wants just you know, I can't do one t you're away.
Speaker 2: But you're right, those precious early hours I sometimes still do this bar get up around seven. My wife will still be sleeping. Seven is next a couple of hours? I mean, just to be in the house and that quiet time when it's it's like a spa. Just an hour, just an hour? What is that? That's why it's nothing. No one's asked me to do something. It's amazing, isn't it? The power of that exactly one hour hecta time.
Speaker 3: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? From now on is hectic time? Tell of today's show? Nothing else will come away? Great and that I love that hector. You're free tonight. Can we give you a bit of hector time with us? I am and I actually live opposite Vic Gardens, so it's meant to be. Come and have some hector time with us and a beer. Okay, look forward to meeting you tonight. Hector too easy. Thanks Christian, that's a great one. I love that hector time. Chris, good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome to the show, Christopher, I hope you're well this morning. What do you want to confess?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: So well, I must confess that I love squeezing pimples.
Speaker 2: Your owner, other people's, it doesn't.
Speaker 10: Matter yours mine.
Speaker 6: YouTube.
Speaker 2: What do you do for a job.
Speaker 10: I'm a paramedic.
Speaker 2: So when you've got a patient in the back of the the ambulance, are you going listen? I can sort your knee out, but oh, let me just get that on the side of your nose and.
Speaker 10: Oh, cold sweats if they got a big white head. Oh, I can't help myself. I gotta find a reason.
Speaker 3: Feel so intimate, Like I could maybe do my wife, but I wouldn't do a complete stranger.
Speaker 2: You know some people laugh.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's forbidden truth.
Speaker 10: If you've got a stranger?
Speaker 4: Do you like that Doctor Pop show on Foxtel?
Speaker 10: I've subscribed, like then pressed the bell.
Speaker 2: What am I missing on? What is Dr Pop?
Speaker 4: It's a doctor, skin doctor who specializes in massive abscesss and things.
Speaker 2: No way, that's your show.
Speaker 4: They show her popping all the nasties.
Speaker 2: He's a doctor and the whole show is just abscesses and giant pimps.
Speaker 4: Brilliant Ah.
Speaker 2: Six come out Chris, you're around tonight. There might be some audience members. They've got white heads.
Speaker 10: I'm there.
Speaker 2: I'll bring a tweet me with you and Hectael what a night we've got for people coming home? And got Hector in the corner having a hect design and one to chat to and christ Baum had it to form an orderly cue. If you've got a spot that needs squeezing, Christmas here down there to Okay, Michael, let's squeeze one last one in Christian Michael, good, what are you? What's your don't judge read but for us, don't judge me. But I used to like eating sandwiches on the toilet. No, I'm alright with that. I'm down with that. I like that, buying some of Claire's doing the supermarket shop and uh hiding them going into the toilet because my wife I promised her that wasn't going to eat stuff like that anymore. Actually eating two of them, sat down on the loop and loving every second of it. I was having some Hector time.
Speaker 3: I guess the difference is do you are you doing movements at the same time? Are you just sitting there to hide.
Speaker 2: Over to my fine tune?
Speaker 9: So I'd go in there, have my lunch, read a book, and then when I was finished eating, then I'd clean myself up afterwards.
Speaker 2: That's perfect. Actually, it's the perfect cycle. Yeah, you're in taking, you're out taking. It's intaking, out takeing.
Speaker 3: It's a nightclub for one in, one out.
Speaker 2: Michael, you fancy coming down tonight? Yea, absolutely, Okay, let's look up. We'll keep on the toilets according off for you and go vip tooin it for Michael, I'll pass your popcorn over the top into the cubicle. All right, look forward to meeting you tonight. All right, those are great, Thank you very much. That after eight o'clock. Then perhaps he's got the news and we've got a brand new isolated vocal. If you've never heard it before, this is how it sounds. Here are some of our favorites. We just play it a little bit of a singer. It's just their vocal, nothing else. And then we played the original song of the s.
Speaker 9: Somebody, Oh somebody can hear abodi finely?
Speaker 2: Somebody loved? There you go, it's as good as that. We've got brand new one. You're gonna love coming not in five minutes time. Go Nowhere, the.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's now time for this week's isolated Vocal, where it's all about the voice, just a voice, nothing but the voice. We just play an isolated vocal and so then we play the song that it's taken from. And when you hear it stripped back raw, it's so so different. It's you hear in a totally different way. It makes you feel the song in a different way as well. I love to in these and I know you do as well. This one they would go back to the eighties, Tamara, count down your favorite songs that you're picking at the moment at Gold one if four to three dot com dot au. The top eighty of the eighties starts tomorrow at nine with us. Maybe this will be in the Human League, part of the New Romantic movement, along with Juran Juran and Spander Belly. Back in the eighties, Human League was all about Phil Oakley. He had an amazing look. He maybe want to have a hooped earring, and my dad told me, no, not until I was sixteen, can I do such a thing. I did get one when I was six and I wish I hadn't bothered. I look like a fool. But anyway, Phil Oakley didn't and he talked a lot about love and whatever he had to say about love, I listened. This is him with his two backing singers that he met in a pub in Sheffield. They were a great eighties band. They're still around now. I love the song Humanly, what a great love song from the eighties, A timeless one. Don't you Want Me? Baby?
Speaker 9: You were working as a waitressing at Cotel.
Speaker 2: Bar when I met you.
Speaker 9: I picked you out, I shook you up and turn you around, turned you into some wan. You now five years later on you've got the one at two feet. Success has been so easy for you. But don't forget it's me who puts you away. You are now and I can.
Speaker 2: Put you back down to Don't don't you want me?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 9: I can't believe it when I hear that you won't see me. Don't don't you want me? You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need me. It's what you're late to find. You think you change your mind. You'd better change it.
Speaker 3: Back or we will both be sorry.
Speaker 2: Don't you want me baby, Don't you want me?
Speaker 3: Oh, don't you want me baby?
Speaker 1: Don't you want me?
Speaker 2: That you hear how loud He had backing music in his headphones as well. Let's go back throw back Thursday and then to nineteen eighty one The Human League with the legend Phil Oakley. Don't you Want Me Baby? This week's isolated vocal, The.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh God, one oh four point three, Christian O'Connor Breakfas Show, this week's star of the Isolated Vocal. You can find all these isolated vocals. There's tons of them, ours of them, all kinds of different artists as well. There's a great Marvin Gay one as well. There's so many that we've yet to play. If you find anyone, you're looking down a one hole of isolated vocals, So we need to type into the YouTube search bar, email me them Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot AU. Now, I was listening to a Human League song at the weekend when I heard that one called love Action right. I love this song. I will be voting for this, hopefully we'll be counting it down tomorrow as well on your Top eighty of the eighties. And if you never heard the song, it's this eighty song from Human League. Do you remember this song? Pat's I do Happy of Action, I Believe in love. This is a great song. There's such a you just know it's the eighties. From the intro that's synth into now a minute thirty one. I know it's exactly a minute thirty one because I kept rewinding it Saturday when I was doing my ironing. Philoakley, you might have guess by now, I was a little bit obsessed with him for about a year in the eighties.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Philoakley actually said I didn't know I've heard this so many times. Right, actually says about one minute thirty one. Mite, this is Phil talking. I want you to know what I believe to be true. We know he's singing. It's Phil Oakley. I haven't listened to this. Now. If Phil is talking to us about love, he wants to underline what he's about to say. He knows you're listening to him already, A sing about love, love action, I believe in love. But he really wants to go with your turn. Now listen, this is actually Phil talking, not just singing. This is and also the name Phil. It's not Socrates, is it the name Phil? This is? This is a hey, yeah, this is the kids, isn't it. This is Phil talking to tell you he's got some philosophy to share with us what he's found to be true about love. Do you know what? I'm gonna make that my number one song in the eighties and see what is in the countdown when we start at nine o'clock tomorrow morning. All right, if you want to look for your isolated vocals, you will have happy time. There's loads of them. Their YouTube isolated vocals email me than the ones you like you think were sound great On a Thursday morning at a Christian at Gold one a four three dot com todau the.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: No topic is ever ever left dead on this show. You're more the welcome a chipping about something that you heard a couple of days ago last year on the show whatever happy to bring it back, Christian? Or is this in the show this week? Heard you chat to a woman You're asking about stranger's job you have had. She had to photoshop dogs into yoga positions. Then just came on a Tuesday and five to bit Tuesday. I once did a similar job. A similar job. I worked in a shop that did prints onto clothing, mugs, bag et cetera, but we also did photo editing. One day I was asked to do photoshop on a wedding photo. Thought you guys had loved this one. The photo had the bride, the bride, the groom, and five of his brothers in It looked like it was from the seventies, early ages, judging by the trousers the guys were wearing. However, the bride and groom had divorced a few years later and it was the only photo of the groom's mum had of all the brothers together. I was asked to remove the bride. Just reading this last night when it came in, I was thinking this stuff must happen all the time in family photos. I somehow did it and made it look like the bride wasn't even there in the first place. Very proud of my work. The woman who came in to collect the photo was the lad's sister, was amazed at the job I'd done. My only gret is I wish I'd kept a copy of it as a class. It is on my face bits of photoshopping I've ever done. I'm not sure my skills are up there with the dogs doing yoga, but I was very impressed for my handiwork that comes from John. That's great, that's incredible. Stuff like this must happen where people have to go and ask her divorces to edit them out of photos just with photoshop now years ago, you just have to tear someone out of photos. See that, wouldn't you and family? Where the head had just been removed? How we split up off that photo was taken out? Jeez, okay, I thought you married a headless person.
Speaker 3: My mother in law takes all the any event photo at a wedding or something. She takes everybody and then she asked the partners to leave just in case. So everybody, yeah, I've had I mean.
Speaker 2: They do that in breakfast radio in case, you know, some people leave the show where they didn't have to do any photo shoot. It's harsh, really bad, all right. If you ever got an email for us, then Christian at gold one four three dot com au for late to the party.
Speaker 5: So Christian oho'connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We talk about how one of our listeners had a job of photoshopping dogs into yoga posers. Right now, there's a mom and a very upset daughter. They have a calendar dogs in yoga poses. They always believed that the dogs were somehow twisting themselves into yoga poses because some yoga poses are stuff like called downward facing doge. They then hear us saying listener had a job photo shopping dogs into yoga poses.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not necessarily our listener who did it. Anything she did as an air tasking for you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely And actually what I can say Marie into your your daughter as well, is I know for a fact that what the calendar you have. The job she had was to rip that off and just manipulate the images. But the calendar you have up those dogs did do those poses very real because those dogs are Corgies. Really did do the prana. They can they can definitely do the lotus. Okay, So it's not your calendar. It was another cheaper one, all right, So I hope that's gotta sell that mess.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: To my daily ransom of kids. Yesterday, my daughter's get off your phones. Get off the phones. They were telling me though about Carl Jenner. I don't know which one that is. I think there's about eighty seven of the Jenner family. I've got no idea which one that is. But anyway, they were saying, Kyle Jenner has become Kylie Jenner. Is that who it is? Yeah? Yeah, I'm making of Carl Sanderlands, you know, because I met him last week. He's become the youngest self made billionaire in the world. I don't believe that.
Speaker 4: She's one of the youngest sisters. Is she Bruce Jenner twenty one?
Speaker 2: No, I might think of nineteen.
Speaker 3: I thought she's Bruce Jenner's daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is Bruce Wayne's daughter.
Speaker 4: I say, Bruce Wayne. Oh, I said Jenna, didn't I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, she's nineteen. She's just been voted by Forbes as the world's youngest Get this. Self made is the key words self made? Keywords self made billionaire. Now, good luck to her. Okay, she's head of a company that makes a lot of money. They sell lipstick, so much lipstick every hour around the world. She's obviously head of a company that makes someone in terms of self made dragging yourself up in your nineteen years on this planet being a self made billionaire, I'm not too sure about that. However, good luck to her. I think the fact about the family, the sex tape and stuff like that might also help the billion that you're making. But anyway, nineteen twenty one, you've made a billion, and she's done it in less years than Zuckerberg. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he was in his twenties well, and he.
Speaker 2: Was five five when he came up with the idea of Facebook. So I want to forget about the Jenas and nineteen and had a billion.
Speaker 3: That's this obscene?
Speaker 2: Is they not screw you up? Yah?
Speaker 3: It's more money than the three of us put together.
Speaker 2: In a month here. So who was back in the day? Then forget about being nineteen in charge of a billion dollar empire. Who was a young entrepreneur? Because quite a few of us were at school with people like this, you know it might have been you who was he young entrepreneur? I thought you had some way forget to do the paper round. You had some get rich quick scheme. Jack Jack Post is one of them.
Speaker 3: I in the early days of CD burning, before they were popular in everybody's homes. My uncle had one of the first ones. I was a CD burner, a CD burner, so I made a compilation CD mostly of Green Day and Blink one eight two in the offspring songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a niche market you're going for there?
Speaker 3: Took him to school. Did my own artwork for it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Actually I printed off the dog's playing poker picture put it in the insert. So you were a young pirate, yes, young pirate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Home taping is killing the music industry.
Speaker 3: Do remember all that ten dollars per CD?
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a great marker. It's really deem smart thinking.
Speaker 3: But I only sold one to one of my closest friends.
Speaker 2: All right, do you have a story of that? You are young entrepreneur nine one o four three.
Speaker 5: Christian Oh Conwell, Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Tidie Jenna.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure that's the one. Actually there's two. No, Kendall Jenner, Yeah, Kendall and Kylie.
Speaker 2: Who's the billion Well, there's a new one now, perhaps this event to Kendyan. It's Indian cousin. Kendyan. Jenna's too many Jenners. They like Russian dolls. One of them's five more waiting to get out. I think it's Kylie Jenner has just been voted by Forbes and the Rich List the world's youngest self made billionaire, billionaire and nineteen years of age.
Speaker 3: True, Kyli?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: I thought Kendall was the more famous one. She was the one in the pepsiad.
Speaker 4: Kendall's the supermodel, isn't she? Or is that Kylie Kendall?
Speaker 3: I think is the supermodel?
Speaker 2: And we sound fifty years of a fifty years of age. I remember when it was all fields around here? Is mice based all the ill ask jeeves about the Jenner family.
Speaker 4: I don't know there's too many.
Speaker 2: But anyway, nineteen self made billionaire, the world's youngest one. We're saying, forget that you were a young entrepreneur back in the day. You could have been a self made billionaire with your get rich quick scheme. To hear about those stories this morning, Lyn's got one. Good morning, Lynn, Good morning, how are you? I'm good Lynn, and hope you are well. Welcome to the show, Lyn, what was your scheme?
Speaker 12: Well, Mom tried to teach me sewing, so she brought me scrap material and I was there. I was there at ten eleven years of age, and I said, what can I make that would I could sell? And it was disco bag, the little squares of material and I saw them together and they had the strap that goes over your shoulder. And yeah, I probably sold maybe two or three of them. And with the money I got from it, I spent it on other things and I couldn't so to save my life.
Speaker 2: Now that's brilliant disco bags. Now listen. Then where I'm from, disco bags contained something else. So I was saying, you made disco bags and sold Is it okay to talk about I was a young joug dealer at nine. I was pushing. I made a fortune, all right, Lynn, thank you very much? She call no worry, thank you, Shelley.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hi, it's good. It's This story is about my youngest son, one of five. On Friday's I'd shop and buy all their snacks for the week. He was about nearly thirteen. Loved a skate park on Saturdays. It was situated far away from the shop. And I went to the pantry one morning and all the snacks, all the tetrapacks, all the soft drinks and all the chips were gone. He rang me up two hours after he'd been at the skate park and said, Mom, you have to come and pick me up. I can't gate. I've got between sixty and eighty dollars in my.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money to a gid. That's incredible.
Speaker 11: He continued to do that for three weeks in a row, and then I put my foot down and made him go and buy them. So he went and bought them at a second lollie shop and continued to do it.
Speaker 2: But that's great skills, gat, this is acumen.
Speaker 11: Well he's twenty six now on the weekend and he just bought his second half.
Speaker 3: Next to Jenna, a second house at the House of Chips and Cokeport.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. I want to know that he's still doing that, by the way, hanging around skate park sending them snacks at the market.
Speaker 11: No, No, he's a gorgeous young man and we wouldn't hang around skate parks.
Speaker 2: Spoken like a true mum. I love that, Shelley. He's a gorgeous young man. I Betty is too, Shelly, thank you very much, she called me.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Mick.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning Puts.
Speaker 2: Mick, welcome to the show. Tell us about your get rich quick scheme that you try to put off when you were younger.
Speaker 10: Well, there was a retirement village now where I used to live, and had several different blocks. So I inched some flails from one block and I'd go a couple of blocks down and sell them to the lovely old people for four dollars. A bunch used to take the thorns off the roses and stuff, so nobody got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick, this is incredible. I've just had a phone call from our sales director here. He wants to hire you exactly the kind of guy, lack of morals you've just been high by Gold sales team.
Speaker 4: I love how he justifies it by removing the thorns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing better.
Speaker 2: Say, adding that bare pit of salespeople out here that have you done. Have a softy for doing that, Mick. That's a great story.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much, No problem, guys.
Speaker 5: Good one the first time O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thanks Batsy. Today is a World's Book Day, and today we celebrate the written word by asking you to ruin a book that's our angle on it. Have actually torn up, by the way, I don't even notice what you're on the show, and actually tear things up.
Speaker 3: He's got two halves of an air for paper in front of him and he's trying to join them together.
Speaker 2: Than ads sad look to match them all up. I think I've got it and none of these makes sense. It says this because they were torn up earlier. All right, ruin the book board of the rings.
Speaker 3: Let's see that's good.
Speaker 2: No problems Goneria with the wind c Spot Run Classic kids book. Instead of read that to my kids, ce Spot Run, I've got c Spot run into traffic.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's called ruin the book mo run over it back over.
Speaker 2: Last of the Mahitos and oh yeah, forget Algatha Christie's classic Death in Venice, Death in Venice. It's been a murder? What death?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What do you got Jackie Charlotte's website strong Star to kill a Magpie week start the Da Vinci code.
Speaker 2: Brown not another coll we had on the other day, the hobble. He's done, all right? Text him in oh four seven five three one oh four three. We're asking you this morning the outwork time waster ruin a book? Text me now on four seven five O three one oh four three them in ten minutes time. After these collection of musical songs, The.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's World Book Day and your at work time. Waster is ruin a book title you wring to mark, Yes, ready spread into this big book. Fifty shades of Beige. That's got the gold showers in the attic, Gold Flash, well done, the very poisonous Catterbriner, Civil Plus, who cares where Woolly is? Such? Smart is Gold Plus Market Thornbury, Well done, Harry Pothead and the Philosopher Stones, Civil Plus, twenty thousand Wives under the Sea. It's the twenty thousand Leagues Gold Mike and Geelong World done.
Speaker 3: I don't endorse it.
Speaker 2: Journey to the Center of Perth? Do you endorse that?
Speaker 7: That is?
Speaker 2: We're smart.
Speaker 3: Gold Plus?
Speaker 2: That might be the best one we get. The small Ian and Dandenong Northworld up for that. Journey to the Center of Perth. Darryl, Darryl our friend, Darryl. Okay, when you say something becomes something, I know what the next bit is. Never that good. Winnie the Pooh becomes Winnie the Stinky Darryl.
Speaker 3: But isn't he coming to the movie club?
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah he is.
Speaker 3: It's a gold Darryl.
Speaker 2: No, come on, don't grace that with gold. One threw up over the cuckoo's nest, Silver goes to flashed again, two entes from him, and finally a game of gnomes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all right, Silver, all right, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much everyone.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Poor young Jack, something awful happened to me yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well, I need your help to tell me if I was in the wrong and deserved it or in the right and didn't deserve it. A classic Seinfeld episode, actually, where George is trying to back into a car space when somebody comes in and takes it from the front. Yep, I'm person coming in from the front, and then there's somebody up ahead who's trying to back in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the ruling with that? A lot of fistfights break out punch.
Speaker 4: On a Christmas time in shopping center car parks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, blood bath. I continued with parking and I got the finger, which I haven't had in so long.
Speaker 2: Someone flip you the bird? Yeah, that's really aggressive.
Speaker 4: All the time, do you what tooting? I had someone swear at me at Punt Road last week because I was allegedly blocking him. But I wasn't. I had nowhere to go.
Speaker 2: It's like, what do you want? I'm not being funny, right, I've seen you drive. You've got a lead foot. I mean I wasn't there, Patsy, but I wouldn't about that you were blocking somebody.
Speaker 4: He got the bird off me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, Jack, I haven't had it for years and years. It was actually so confronting for me.
Speaker 2: So you feel like a physical a song. Yes, it's so aggressive. It literally is like saying that to somebody.
Speaker 4: So who was there first?
Speaker 2: Though? Well? I mean, had he been indicating, because that's the recognized system. If you're waiting and you're indicating, then you go look fair enough. I know it's a pain, that's your you've reserved it.
Speaker 3: I can't remember, right, no, right.
Speaker 2: If you're in court and someone goes, I don't remember, actually you said that, you know what? They suspect looked like, I can't remember. Then that's throwing out of court. You do know, and you stole the spot I think I'm giving you. I'm doing that now. You deserve the finger.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This time tomorrow morning on the Breakfast Show on Gold one four point three, I'll be counting down your top eighty of the eighties. You can still vote right now. There's loads of ideas to nud you. Remind you some of your favorite songs in the great decade that was the eighties. Vote now Gold one O four to three dot com dot au. We countdown tomorrow at night.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, that's it from us on the Breakfast Show today. If you come into our movie club tonight, we'll see you for a bearing some popcorn. Tyler of today's show is Hector time. We are back tomorrow morning, getting you ready for the long weekend, and we'll be counting down your voted top eighty of the eighties. Huggy is coming up next. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three