Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app The.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Pats, Morning Morning, Rio, Good morning, Good morning, Alex Morning. Yesterday, we had a family birthday dinner for my daughter turned nineteen this week, and a second round of drinks and she goes so too to me and my wife, so do you remember when I was conceived?
Speaker 1: That's nice things? Two things, One would you even want to know? And two? No, we don't. Was this a sort of magical epiphany or something? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I just just saw end and I went, I bet that's a kid, my worst date for calendar nine months from now.
Speaker 1: You're pushing her out? No, you would not. Where do we go with that? The imagery though?
Speaker 2: I know, it's just like even though those who went to bed, my wife and I like, what a question?
Speaker 4: Actually I know about my parents. They were in Fiji.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's all I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they on the carver. So anyway, she gets a Canada out and she goes on Valentines. Valentines is exactly nine months and we we're like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you want us to make up a story?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I remember now? Do you remember I took my cargo pants off?
Speaker 1: It was the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: I looked so hard on those cargo pants, especially that lower pocket beneath the knee. So did anyone watch the draft yesterday? It's a very strange experience, isn't it? I just saw clips on Instagram. I would never sit down and actually watch the whole drug.
Speaker 1: You went to it once? Yes, would you put yourself.
Speaker 2: Through that two strange nights in the AFL calendar, the brown Low and then the draft bit?
Speaker 1: Although I love seeing the young kids.
Speaker 2: Get life changing news, Yes, the years and years of dreaming about being in the draft and getting it, and what it does to their moms and dads and their family who've taken into all the practice, the games, all the highs, and those that get that one moment where they've got that far, they've made it and.
Speaker 5: They get mobbed by their friends and their family talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's a collective joy. Yes, what is that? We have?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Any watch people like even yesterday?
Speaker 2: Alex at the end of yesterday show said that the amazing news was Scotland that they're through to the World Cup. They're not been there in thirty six years. Scotland, even though they haven't had a lot of international football success, it is a football mad country. It's a huge, huge moment right yesterday, even though I knew the result, I watched the entire game right and I'm not Scottish and I was crying with happiness for Scotland. It was You've got to watch the height the goals are in alex Have you seen.
Speaker 1: The guys sick.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's an overhead one go through at two stages during one game they were out of the World Cup and then they were back in. Then Denmark were in and Scotland around. This went on in one game.
Speaker 1: It was so wildly exciting and dramatic.
Speaker 2: The the the playoffs they go through now next at the Islander and the playoffs in March as well, so they might make it as well.
Speaker 1: But Scotland through to the World Cup is huge.
Speaker 6: And the game was in Scotland and so you held the bagpipes, my god, the em.
Speaker 2: This the screaming from the commentators as well, it's amazing. So yeah, that collective joy thing. But what is the other thing with like the facetimes.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't a better system.
Speaker 1: Yes it looks.
Speaker 2: It looks so bad. They don't work to care. But I'll tell you what scoop. Alex Cullen has got the intel on some of the lands, isn't he.
Speaker 6: The Avid bird Watcher and Star Dancer was presented with the guernsey by Eagles superstar and good mate Harley Reid.
Speaker 2: I love how this was just done at a normal pace and Rex like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a bird watcher that figures a lot of them, aren't they. Justy Martin will a Avid a Twitter. I love this fact. I love those fun facts.
Speaker 1: And Star Dancer, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: His mother, Susie had a dance academy Willem DURSMT and so he was tapping dancing from a very very young age.
Speaker 1: And I hope he.
Speaker 2: Brings this to the game, brings some tap into gold celebrations.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to see next year.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, the words you were talking about that collective choice as the French word frissant. I've just googled the meaning of the word frissan a sudden or emotional thrill or chill, often accompanied by goosebumps trigger by watching something or inspiring or emotionally moving.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: The young kids get the great news that they've been drafted to a club.
Speaker 1: And yesterday.
Speaker 2: For me, even though I'm not Scottish and there's a big rivalry between England and Scotlon watch them qualifying go through to the World Cup is incredible. Even the Scottish commentators for the BBC. Yes, they throw away the rule, but that says, you know, you must be bipartisan and completely mutual.
Speaker 1: Screaming ecstatically.
Speaker 2: Scotland just needs to hold out for a few more seconds.
Speaker 1: My voice just needs to hold out for a few more seconds. Has Gilman has a serownage?
Speaker 4: He puts a ball bar?
Speaker 1: Surely no Scotland or hold on for possession. He's McClean, he's looking to go for gall for halfway line. It's Chips.
Speaker 7: Lot glis caer clean the halfway line.
Speaker 1: Scolet bar depart. We are a today to the World Cup.
Speaker 2: What ha night doesn't a gooseby if you don't like football, there's something incredible about that.
Speaker 1: He's just channeling just ecstatic joy. Isn't he whole thing.
Speaker 2: So as I watched about the whole thing yesterday the game I was making notes. Three minutes in Scotland scored, right, they're going to the World Cup. At fifty seven minutes into a game, Denmark are going to the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Scotland aren't.
Speaker 2: Seventy eight minutes Scotland doug now going to the World Cup. At the eighty second minute, Denmark Scotland ninety third minute in injury time, Scotland score and are going to the World Cup.
Speaker 1: That is incredible.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Fingers Crossed Patsy, Is it going to be a nice day today? This happened yesterday where it teased us it was sunny in the morning at about seven o'clock and then called it away.
Speaker 8: It was gray again, but it was gorgeous yesterday it was stunny, pretty much the same, A little cloudy sixteen the top of tomorrow's sunshine. Top that's freezing, you know, Come on, think positive glass half four. Yes, tomorrow's sunshine nearly twenty degrees.
Speaker 1: Get down the beach, come one.
Speaker 9: Wave, bust out the budgy smugglers.
Speaker 1: Rare twenty degrees is a heat.
Speaker 9: Wave to an English studying, the studying.
Speaker 8: Last night, about seven o'clock, I was I went to hang out some washing and I was out there and I thought, you know what, we should have barbecued tonight because it is absolutely stunning outside. The birds were singing, there was a beautiful light breeze, and here we are.
Speaker 2: Do you know what passed? I love that smell where you know you get those summer bomie evenings in Australia and there's so much light still around and you can smell barbecues.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's such a happy smell, you know that having a barbecue you get fomo.
Speaker 9: Oh, you get so endio.
Speaker 1: It was right there. I should have done that. I know they're doing it right three doors down. Patsy, how was your day yesterday?
Speaker 8: Well, we did bunker down yesterday because ords started her.
Speaker 9: It's exam season.
Speaker 1: For good luck to.
Speaker 2: All the kids doing that and the moms and dad's equally as well. It's a lot on them, isn't it. And they're tired. It's the end of the school year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very grumpy, very tired. So yesterday was English. Today is history and the Aztecs and the plague and can.
Speaker 2: Any of us do any of us know anything about the not a single thing.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: I believe as tech periods fourteenth to the sixteenth century, I don't know. It was ended by the.
Speaker 1: Conquest of Ours of Spain.
Speaker 2: Spain invaded Cortez, that's right, and sadly they brought with them not to superior fighting skills but small box.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's dirty.
Speaker 2: Europeans will add it again, spreading diseases.
Speaker 1: So what have you done to Pats?
Speaker 8: Well, I am packing her favorite lunches, all the things that she loves. So I did a little pork salid roll yesterday with a little bit of crackle, and.
Speaker 2: We would you consider adopting me that you you are such a great mum.
Speaker 1: She gets a great lunch every day.
Speaker 8: Game Well, I just you know, I just want to make a day as bright and upbeat as possible.
Speaker 1: In the lunch box she got on that picnic.
Speaker 9: What she got today?
Speaker 8: She's got another pork roll with a bit of apple sauce today, not cranberry. She's got a sesame snap, which is like a little snap sort of biscuit thing. She's got a beautiful nectarines are beautiful.
Speaker 2: At the moment. Under rated, then seasonal they double thumbs up, shout up to next surene.
Speaker 8: Beautiful, and we get the yellow nectarines. You know, you can get the white or the yellow. She loves the yellow ones. Yeah, what else has she got?
Speaker 1: She's got a fruit, but I think she eats the fruit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 2: The first thing I threw away really thrown at a mate or somebody didn't like her cricket practice, but.
Speaker 1: The sparkish crystadors.
Speaker 2: It was a weapon of terror, a good old, hard, gruddy smith coming someone's way.
Speaker 8: And always the staple in any lunch box is always the double salada with veggie mites.
Speaker 9: But she loves those.
Speaker 2: What kind of you still? Is it capra so sort of big single? Or is it black currant?
Speaker 9: What she got today? Apple?
Speaker 8: It sort of goes between the two. It's it's apple and black currant, or it's or it's apple in the juice box. And she's also got you know.
Speaker 2: Those juice boxes sustained kids don't and they still do.
Speaker 1: Sugar in it.
Speaker 4: The sugar.
Speaker 8: And I always put a little note around this time, just like an inspirational note or a note of love, just to break the ice for her, you know, like just a little lovely thing to do. But today she'll think it's a bit naff. Because I took inspiration from split Ends. I thought, okay, so she's doing history.
Speaker 2: The kids love well, that's relevant to the astexa, isn't it? Think not mummy, have a song about the conquistadors.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I just wrote history never repeats.
Speaker 9: Tell myself before I go to sleep, so proud of you love.
Speaker 1: You'll be funny. Or she's gonna she's gonna read that. And again she took that loss pretty hard. On the parking change. It's very cripty.
Speaker 2: It's really good, and that poor kids already got ahead full of facts about the Aztecs. Suddenly she got to decipher pop music.
Speaker 1: It's actually got my mum and doing this history. I know something about history.
Speaker 2: A line in a song mentions the word good luck daughter.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week's lost in translation foreign title movie game. It sounds like we've be transfer later that to another language, back into English, into another language, then back into English.
Speaker 1: Foreign title The movie game doesn't scan right.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's not just me.
Speaker 4: It's it's overly literal.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We are a show of simple folks. Now when I think that, that's actually just kind of us to actually own that. So actually, whenever you'll lose, and if you feel a bit thick in the morning, be assured that you are smarter than us. Whenever we go anywhere near logic, maths, anything, actually we're always corrected. Bulk of my inboxes, people go, that's actually not true. What one did you say?
Speaker 4: Left handed golf clubs do exist, don't?
Speaker 1: I don't want to. My wife was so excitement.
Speaker 2: All Right's lost in translation? Foreign title movie game, Oh ah, no endstan So big movies they get translated different dialects around the world and something gets lost in the translation. Last week The Boy Who Came Back to Life Chinese version.
Speaker 1: Of Do You Remember Harry Potter? Yes, brand new ones.
Speaker 2: This week it's the French version of a big movie, The Hideous Canine.
Speaker 9: Oh kuj no, Molly and Me.
Speaker 2: No, there was a beautiful dog. Oh no, no, no, the Hideous Canine.
Speaker 1: You've gotta go back a bit back, come moum. Some were wolfing teenage were wolf in London. No, Mother Fox one of his greatest.
Speaker 4: Films, Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, think about the think about the French phrasing the hideous canine, hideous, hideous, hideous is ugly. Oh yes, they're in America and they sing the song.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that movie?
Speaker 4: My sisters loved it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, uh hit that note.
Speaker 9: Beethoven.
Speaker 2: Big movie, really big movie. Becomer went on to become several movies. Oh sing, No, that's great though.
Speaker 4: What's that one with the drummer in his whiplash?
Speaker 5: No no, no, not not.
Speaker 9: Sound of music, no pitch perfect.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is an easier one. We go to Germany.
Speaker 2: Now they called a big movie, this very annoying Blue Peoples.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It's the very nine Blue People. Okay, the Smurfs. I do not like what I to say.
Speaker 2: Smurf the one where she fell asleep for one hundred years sleep?
Speaker 1: Yes, in Japan, that's what beauty is.
Speaker 2: Yes, where she fell asleep for one hundred years.
Speaker 3: You know that one the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was just started making a cup of tea and a chat to one of our engineers, Bradley, and I'm sorry. He was paying a lot of attention to his phone, so I was thought worried that there was some sort of technical problem with the radio station. I went everything corant. He was like, yes, yes, I'm just buying a lottery ticket in the American Lottery. Oh, it's nine hundred and eleven million. What I was like, someone, someone's going to win that. What I'm going to get a ticket? You've got five hours. And then he goes, well, you know, if you do win it, you still have to pay thirty percent tax.
Speaker 1: You're still getting six hundred million.
Speaker 4: Not worth it.
Speaker 1: Boo sucks.
Speaker 2: Trump's getting three hundred of mine nine hundred eleven million.
Speaker 1: What's that's insane?
Speaker 5: A million?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, wow, No human can deal with that.
Speaker 4: No, too much.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking, what would I just smasgin if someone's going to win it? Imagine if what would you do if you want it? You know when you talk about what we do, if you want a couple of million, that's a huge amount of money, right, pay your mortgage off out mom and dad out Whatevereah, nine hundred million, so you pay American taxman gets third of that's three hundred You can sew six hundred million. It's very in all seriousness, I'd buy this place. I really would buy gold. Yeah that would yeah, yeah, very even working conditions for all of us guys, or worse better okay better big big, big contracts for some of you, big contracts for some of you.
Speaker 1: I would I buy this place.
Speaker 9: This would be cool.
Speaker 1: He could do ruin it.
Speaker 2: I think I think I'd be terrible running a business.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got some upgrades. I've got a list that yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, fingers cost that I win the American Lottery. I couldn't believe that nine hundred and eleven million. All right, So yesterday on LinkedIn I got a request and invite to be accepted into my inner circle there from a young presenter. This happens a lot from young radiaro presenters all over the world. Sometimes they ask for advice. It's lovely actually, and this was a younger radio presenter. It looked like he broadcasts around mountain. Dunneed so if he's up the top of a mountain with a transmitter right now. But anyway, his name caught my attention. Leam hair as in.
Speaker 1: A top the head. Wow, h a great radio DJ. Yes, it's memorable.
Speaker 2: Stand out branding Liam hair, Bobby in the hair that would be the haro, oh you don't need another hair louck. It in Mount Dney, Rock in the Mounts and beyond Yard beyond Yon Yond. Okay, so with his name Liam Hare, I want to see by nine o'clock this morning, we've got two hours.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Can we build a human body from listeners' names? That our body parts? Our friend Liam Hare donates the top the top there on the dome, it's the hair. So it's it's names that are body parts. See if we can build the entire human body. So anyone got anymore that had to add to my Liam hair?
Speaker 5: Just below the hair you've got I don't know if she listens, but Shirley.
Speaker 2: Temple, Oh no, we're not doing no, you got to know, not just drunk a shirty e Temple like I do.
Speaker 9: I used to work with Lauren Brain.
Speaker 1: You're kidding, spelled the right spelled b R A I N.
Speaker 8: And she was a newsreader on over at the time. Yeah, Lauren Brain Brain.
Speaker 1: Higher someone with that name because you.
Speaker 4: Think they're smart, it's already sent you was smart.
Speaker 6: Yes, my bus driver was missus head h e A d June head hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've got we've got we've got hair brain head in the upper region.
Speaker 2: It's top heavy at the moment, I don't know what we're expecting. Oh yeah, my name is Alan. This will already peak if we do find someone with a knee surname. Is there a knee on Facebook? Is there knee?
Speaker 6: I've got a foot, yes, Nicole Foot.
Speaker 1: She was from my hometown. Yeah, I can go the other end. Yeah, Peces Kaitlin, got your hand up. What's happened to go to toilet or no?
Speaker 9: No, I don't need to go to I worked with a Harriet Leg.
Speaker 1: Harry Leg did Harry. That's my favorite one at the moment. Now that's a new that's a new leader.
Speaker 2: Harriet Legg as in le e G or the double G double G.
Speaker 9: But yes, Harriet Legg.
Speaker 1: You know what now?
Speaker 2: I remember right, I have an old Dr Dr Leg. I swear to God it was Dr Leg, Doctor Dr Leg.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's on the list. He's on the list, all right.
Speaker 2: So we're looking for names people you've known or no body parts in their first name or surname. Text them in oh four seven five O three one O four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, young presenter Liam Hare reached out to me and I loved his name, so they were trying to form the human body with people's names that are body parts. What have you got for us Ria? What have we got so far? So we've got Liam.
Speaker 5: Hare, we have Arren Brain, we have doctor leg, and we have missus Head.
Speaker 2: We can add to this Craig Ice, we haven't mister mister Ice.
Speaker 1: Craig Ice, he's got Craig eyes. Christian probably not radio friendly.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, if you' putting that in the message, you already know it's not radio friendly. Therefore it won't be on the radio because it's not friendly. But thank you for Ronald and then surnamed Da, miss Blood, Miss Blood, Rosie Kidneys, Kidney.
Speaker 1: Adam Beard.
Speaker 4: Adam Beard is a strong name.
Speaker 2: Christian is pretty broad, but it goes a long way to make in the body.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: I work with someone whose surname is bones good surname found. I went to school with a Craig shoulder. That's really tickled me. Craig's shoulder is dad used to run the local pub, a Pappa shoulder.
Speaker 1: Of course. AFL players still sidebottom the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Christian, I had a teacher at school, Andy Nee, You've got a person in our Facebook group Willy Nebo, He's.
Speaker 1: A captain of this.
Speaker 2: I googled Willy Nebone found one on Lincoln. I think it's the same guy, Willy Neva, the fat we're saying these names. These are people in Australia. They're going to get messages. The Christian Commotion was talking about you like what what they saying just after the news repeatedly I love that it's managing director Willy Nebone. He's the unofficial captain of this. Yes, definitely, Miss Skeleton listener Chris, Good morning, Chris. Are my old science teacher, Miss Skeleton. Christian I went to school with. I could do a feature. There's so many times we hear story about I went to school with someone who will but.
Speaker 1: This is someone went to school with Helen I Christian. What about Graham Gooch?
Speaker 4: Yes, legend.
Speaker 2: And Craig Body. One of our listeners is Craig create this Craig shop. We've got three Craigs listener, right, Craig Eyes, Craig shoulder and Craig body.
Speaker 1: They got to form a band, the three Craigs. All right, you got for us.
Speaker 2: As we're doing we're doing very well at the moment, forming the human body with the listeners names that are body parts textus yours four seventy five three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: You're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Genitania one, he's a second four okay he's rio.
Speaker 1: Picked up his.
Speaker 2: Laptop and I said, there's no way that's a human's name.
Speaker 1: He showed me the evidence on his laptop.
Speaker 5: There is a lawyer in Sydney who I came across, and her name it's an interesting name initially, so her first name is Blander, not Belinda, so it's b A L L A N d.
Speaker 4: A yep, Borlander Blander. And her surname sak. So her name is.
Speaker 1: No no, we get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, Texas Shaws for seventy five. It's not like rude word or.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: An email hit him from Chris Christian. I was catching up the podcast this week. Are you talking about your wife buying you a fortieth birthday present of your old BMX bike and then you sold it a couple of days later?
Speaker 1: Did you give her the money? You got me? Bang to rights there, damn it logic. Not a fan of it, all right. So we're trying to form the human body. We're doing yet again.
Speaker 2: We're breaking new ground here on the radio Important work every morning between six and nine. We're trying to make a human body with people's whose names are parts of the body. Palmer, oh, good one, we got about the palms. Yes, we've got a Parmer. Yeah, Rio, what have we got so far?
Speaker 5: We've got Harriet Foot, Rosie Kidney, mister Bones, the three Craigs, Craig Eyes, Craig's shoulder, Craig body.
Speaker 1: By the way, someone said, you know, I said they should form a band.
Speaker 2: Someone said, Christian that the band should be called the Body of Craig. Great indie band name, The Body of Craig playing now on Triple J.
Speaker 5: We've also got Willie kneebone, Miss Skeleton, and most recently the Finger brothers Peter and the.
Speaker 2: Other one who we don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The unknown Finger. Christian.
Speaker 2: I have customers with the surnames Hand and Head. I also have neighbors that are knee bones. Oh, the knee bones. That's okay, thank you, Christian. I deal with a business colleague in the USA. Her name is Sandra Bottom. That is a name she decides to refer to only as Sandy. Sandy Bottles. Event worse.
Speaker 1: Nothing worse than a sandy ass. Christian.
Speaker 2: I am Sarah Finger Christian thirty years ago. We don't need how many years ago you wrot with these people. We're not dating these I work with a Helen lip. She shortened it from lipshit. Oh, Christian used to play cricket with a tony tongue. What about Clinton hand Clinton is a great name, Christian. I went to primary school with an Andrew Thomas whose mum got married again in grade six and suddenly he was rebranded Andrew's smallbone. Playgrounds are very unforgiving places to grow up in the playground, and suddenly one day marm could have.
Speaker 1: Found somebody else. I don't want to be a small bone. Christian. I worked with Eric Handy.
Speaker 4: That's a different phone topic.
Speaker 2: Dentist in New Zealand, Dr Gummer. We haven't have we, but we got Dr Gummer.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Picking up a good steam, trying to make the human body from listeners with body parts as names.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: I have two friends, father and son, Peter Ball and his son Chris Ball. Put those together, we've got two balls.
Speaker 4: That's true. There's Luke Ball from the afl as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, from Santo Christian my eight year am I not eight year? Your science teacher isn't eight you're here teacher. Wow, they're getting younger these daysies his cheap kid teachers.
Speaker 1: Whiz kid, mister van Beek.
Speaker 2: I guess it's as close as we got to the nose at the moment, is mister van be Well?
Speaker 5: We never said human body parts, Christian.
Speaker 2: I went to school with a Charlotte crapper Christian when I was younger, and I went to school with Richard Cranium. We used to call him deep. Now I don't need to know. And Rio Rio, So what are we missing on the body? Because we've got a lot of body parts? Now, what areas are we not represented?
Speaker 4: Haven't got a throat?
Speaker 1: Have a nose?
Speaker 4: No, haven't got a nose. That's surprised.
Speaker 9: She's got to be a heart out here?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, is no, I haven't had an ears? Your chest? Stomach?
Speaker 9: Five?
Speaker 1: Ankle?
Speaker 4: Ankle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're meta castle meta Castle Ulna Swedish name.
Speaker 1: Surely the one at the.
Speaker 2: Back Ulna has got hand up again?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we haven't got a weienus.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we haven't got no. I told you I don't like you talking about that on the show before. That's it. You're not allowed in more hands up now for the rest of this week.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show One Podcast.
Speaker 2: I was about to move on from the human body of listeners with the names of the body parts.
Speaker 1: We can't. You're not allowing it.
Speaker 2: We'll be swimming against the tide, friends, Christian, what about the jockey Blake Shin the shin.
Speaker 1: Christian. I used to know a Sean cartilage.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's so specific.
Speaker 1: Very His nickname was gristle. Christian.
Speaker 2: I know are Sarah skin Christian, I, I'm not making us up. Can google it. I work with a Matthew. Firstday, Matthew say a name a n.
Speaker 1: U s Hey, that's a body part, he said.
Speaker 2: It wasn't pronounced how you would normally pronounce it. It was pronounced more like moose.
Speaker 1: A few.
Speaker 4: Dutch made Matthew.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: My surname is Gummery, nickname at school gums My. My nan had a sister, Ivy, and Ivy got married and became Ivy long Bottom. But then you see the initials on the post I long Bottom. Now we were we were looking for certain areas where we haven't got anything at the moment.
Speaker 1: I think we can fill them. Now. Who you got here, Marilyn?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 1: Is that how you pronounce your name? Marilyn Marylyn? That's lovely name, all right? And what have you got for us? So my maiden name was Marilyn Hart. You have one. We don't have a heart, but we do.
Speaker 9: Is it h A R T or with H?
Speaker 1: He still passes, Yeah, it does, it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it passes the test. Pats, I go to have a quality control on the show. Now I said we should do, we should start. Actually, thank you very much giving us a call. Have a lovely day.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Aaron, Good morning, Aaron.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: We're good Aaron. Now, well what body part are you donating?
Speaker 4: Is I mean?
Speaker 1: David? A girl called Marie? Is Marie?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 6: Listen?
Speaker 2: Really bang but that in the primo, then run it every hour, Aaron. You've got great love. Aaron, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, mate, same with you bodies.
Speaker 2: Thank you vis again in comingsation, she goes, now a quarter to is Aaron. He's a simple man, but he's lovely.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, we're all simple people?
Speaker 2: And then then she goes, I did ask why I broke up this girl for, but he wouldn't tell me because it's none of our business.
Speaker 1: It's actually none of us.
Speaker 2: We're not saying, call in today, simple people and tell us why you broke up with somebody. I mean, the affront, the shep and trying to get through the rest of this year by once a week. Second this year audacity, last week, the sheer audacity of it. Aaron was a lovely guy. Catherine, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 11: My husband was in the navy with a guy called still cheek.
Speaker 2: Yes we didn't have any cheek wet we got cheat, Yes we have. That's great, Katherine, always a delight hearing from me. Thank you very much for calling in.
Speaker 10: Thanks to you.
Speaker 2: Well, if there any more simple folk out there that we'll have a chat with someone.
Speaker 1: On the old radio.
Speaker 3: Wireless Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, this morning on the show, giddiness is around us as we try to innocently eat a form. I thought we maybe get ten minutes on this, we're always coming up to an hour. You donating people's names as who try and build the human body from people you've worked with, or yourself if that name, first name, or surname is a part of the human body, if it is tuned in. Rio are the ones we've had so far, They're astonishing.
Speaker 4: Some brilliant ones coming in lately.
Speaker 5: Ivy long Bottom, Sarah Skin, Matthew a n us Sean cartilage.
Speaker 2: I mean we could be made sound like the University Christian Glans. My surname is Glans one Christian one about Jordan Butts. It's just for the cross, isn't he?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 2: Dr Lung Christian. My GP is called Dr Lung Christian. My teacher in grade two is Missus Hart made a big impact on me, lovely lady, and she inspired me to go on and become a teacher myself.
Speaker 1: Great story.
Speaker 2: We've got Mel on the line now, Morning Mail, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you going?
Speaker 1: We're good? So thank you, Mel. What have you got for us? What with the body part?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm actually a primary school teacher and about ten years ago I was working at a school in a Bentley and we had a teacher called Missus holl or miss Hole, and we had a male teacher called mister Butt. So all the kids used to say Oh my gosh, imagine if they got married, they'd be called mister Buttole.
Speaker 2: I mean you say, all the kids, all the listeners, and all the presenters on this show and the entire team are all speculating about that wedding as well. You are cordly invited to the Matuenie Union of the Buttholes wedding of the Year. That's a great one mail. Thank you very much to share and have a good day. Thanks to Corn the show.
Speaker 3: Tooth bye the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian I Obey ice hockey with Jonathan Tooth. We didn't have any teeth in our body, thank you very much, Jeff. Last, finally, we've got most of the body locked away. Much incredible. All right, this is really exciting. Big prices every single day or thanks to RACV, save on handpick holidays. You won't regret with RACV travel and experiences this Black Friday.
Speaker 1: See RACV website for details.
Speaker 2: Now most of us have got a story about something bad that happened on a holiday. Sometimes, you know, it's that big thing you save up for all year, it's that thing that everyone's counting down to, and stuff happens on holidays. You know, it could be a cheap holiday, fell you could have got a holiday tattoo in Bali. That's at least ninety eight percent of experiences of Australians that I've met taken the wrong travel buddy. The only time my wife and I went on holiday with another married couple. On the flight out to America, the woman says to my wife after a couple of drinks were on the verge of breaking up.
Speaker 1: Three days later they break up the holiday.
Speaker 4: Yep, you got stitched up there time bad time.
Speaker 1: Why would they go?
Speaker 2: He went missing for a couple of hours. I had to go and find him. I found him in the bar and then I went missing in that bar with him. Anyway, story of another time. Yeah, never gone away. When another couples, like I said, stuff happens, life happens, Life unravels on holidays. You have regrets, you have dare I say it's a regretcation?
Speaker 1: Thank you re okept saying.
Speaker 2: Last week when I said let's call them regretcations, that's not a thing. It's not a word. Uber's not a word.
Speaker 1: I've created the.
Speaker 2: New uber just a mouthful hashtag regretation. So for the best story. Over the next week you get five hundred dollars for the best story. And then on a Friday, you're going to go into the grand final, you win an upgrade, you win.
Speaker 1: It's kind of do over.
Speaker 2: A ten holiday you instantly win five hundred dollars a show for the best regretation story. Now, yesterday we were talking about what's Rio going to sing that really brings this a life? And I said, Rio, and I think it's time for you to really level up what you're doing already. It's a black belt level of singing. But there's only one guy who've never tried to mimic the great, the one and only, Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 4: My white Whale.
Speaker 1: Now, how didn't you dare call him that?
Speaker 2: He did bloat up a bit near the end. Anyway, how did he get on?
Speaker 1: Taken on? Frank? Did you do my way in the end?
Speaker 4: Like I said, I did?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 4: Thank you for the wow wow.
Speaker 2: Now I am a big Frank fan, and I speak for many people listening.
Speaker 1: Have you done him? Well?
Speaker 4: You know what, I gave it my best shot.
Speaker 1: Did you do it your way?
Speaker 4: I did it my way?
Speaker 1: All right, let's have a listen to.
Speaker 4: This holiday regrets. I've had a few.
Speaker 7: Missed sam questionable tattoos, forgot my shoes, had matche PITCHU got a new scar in Zazibar. Mister shud, I say.
Speaker 4: Give me ten cake to redu it.
Speaker 1: My wow.
Speaker 2: The spirrit O blue Eyes is alive on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: I hope we'll get a.
Speaker 2: Story about lost shoes in maca pitche oster one in Zanzibar.
Speaker 4: I got a new scar.
Speaker 1: I should release that on spot. My god, that is so good.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not like the Frank Sinacher estate would.
Speaker 1: Have any problem with that.
Speaker 2: We use that prize money to fail off the lawyer fees. That is outstanding, maybe the best one of the year, and that's some competitionary, but that is great work. Sadly mentioning there of regret cation, email me your story is your regretations. It's never going to get easy, saying that I feel like I have to slow down go through like a forty zon. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: For this week's name game, as in, Alex, are you ready ready?
Speaker 1: Patsy? Are you ready firing?
Speaker 9: With all cylinders.
Speaker 1: Put this gin down. In other words, no you're not ready. I am ready.
Speaker 9: I'll show you.
Speaker 1: You're about as slow as hell you reverse a Parker car, then.
Speaker 9: Slow and steady wins.
Speaker 1: You're quite right, you're quite right. All right, it's eyes down, full house.
Speaker 2: Let's play the name game, as in caller one, welcome, Hello.
Speaker 11: Dad, my, it's actually my daughter's married name, and it is in regards to cattle.
Speaker 1: Angus, Hereford, COVID, Brahman, freezing.
Speaker 4: Jersey.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, ery, no, dearie.
Speaker 4: No, what an about the calf?
Speaker 3: No cow.
Speaker 1: Cow? Yes? Wow? All, thank you very much. Give us a call. It's got a caller too.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, caller to welcome to the name game, as in what's your clue?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 10: Ah, my first name as in Cleopatra.
Speaker 1: O, Elizabeth Taylor Anthony.
Speaker 10: That's a boy name, Mark, Mark Anthony, yep, Marc Anthony. Sometimes I get like Jalo's X.
Speaker 1: But we are in Australia.
Speaker 10: That could be.
Speaker 2: That's a great one. Thank you very much for caring. You may have a good day. Caller three.
Speaker 1: Welcome, caller three.
Speaker 11: Hello, my surname as in bless you my child.
Speaker 1: Mary's Pope, Mary.
Speaker 2: Lord Jesus vicar, priest, sermon, father, pray none, none, yes, yeah, we got there eventually. I was going around the whole church, steep, stained glass window, cricifix, Christian font. Let's go to thank you very much for coming in. Let's got to call a four, call of four. You're on?
Speaker 11: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Welcome to the show. What's your clue for us? Mate?
Speaker 11: Who I am? Straight? It's my first name, and I am straight out of bedrock.
Speaker 4: Betty Fraggle.
Speaker 2: No, Wilma, Wilma Wow, No, she gets one every couple of weeks. Mate, Welcome to today's show. All right, we'll take a break. We're going to reboot Patsy and then moving back.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Of the last couple of days, we've had this work experience, kitt, he's a man. He's not a work experience, kidd, he a, he's a man. He's been brilliant and he's got a great booming voice. He actually does some voiceover work, and we used him on the trailer that we made for the show for the back It Up Cup, So he's out their work experience manked. You know, he's a fully grown man, it was happening out. Yes, he's even brilliant. We should we should high him. Anyways, name is Carl. Carl is his name, and he's been great having him around. Just now, protuser Calin was explaining the name game to Carl, and she goes this at work, so if you called in, uh would be home alone, all right? And he goes, why you know? And she goes, because you know Kevin. He goes, but my name is Carl. Movie if they go Carl, he's been on the show all week. Yeah, I think we've worked out who he can replace. Anyway, we chat after night, We chat after night. Okay, let's play the name game as in Carl Kevin.
Speaker 1: Caller one, Welcome.
Speaker 4: My name as in dog, Canine.
Speaker 1: Rover, Wolf, Marley, Pointer, Shitsu chi wa wa shipping, Kelpie German, no shepherd.
Speaker 9: Can we have another clue?
Speaker 2: Ah likes noise, barker, barker, bark bark box bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, good clue.
Speaker 2: That's great, Thank you very much. Recording in. That's going to Caller two, Welcome to the show. In the name game, Hello, my.
Speaker 3: First name as inly Lace.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, oh my god, my mom and dad be ashamed of me if I don't remember good quality lace doily. If you come round to mind, we get the nice place out your damn right, it's going to be a dole. I might be a long way from home, but I've still got my lace doilies in the side table.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Here is it called a three? I've lost count, can't even count. Caller three?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hello, yep, hello Hello. Surname s in the President Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: I got a lot when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Not so much.
Speaker 9: Reagan, Harold Ronald, surname Bill, Linton, Linton.
Speaker 2: Abraham, one of the more popular one, one of the more popular ones.
Speaker 9: Obama, Barack Kennedy got it.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, done, Kennedy, Thank you very much. Give us a call.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well it always had to happen, Patsy, Our boy Rio has grown up and he's brought himself a house. When you buy a house, you get house problems. You have to enter the real world, just the buying of it, the process of buying of it is and Rio's turns out has bought a house that doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: I haven't even yet bought a house. So we settle on.
Speaker 5: Well in theory, on Monday, So just what four days time? We're trying to hook up the energy to the place so it's ready for us on Monday. I've called every single energy provider in Melbourne, Energy Australia, Alinta, Origin, Power Shop, Luma, all of them Energy.
Speaker 4: I've called them all.
Speaker 5: I said, we'd like to hook up to our address. All of them have said that house does not exist. What what I've driple checked like the contract. I mean, We've been to the place, like.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, I'm sure it exists.
Speaker 5: And one of them got even got out like their map of like where everything's set up, and they're like, there is no record. Is it a new building, it's been built since nineteen twenty two. Wow, it exists. I'm sure it exists. But every energy company's telling us that it's not there.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 5: We're going on Friday for the final inspection. The first thing I'll be checking is is that it's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check.
Speaker 2: Take her and also take a lamp and try and plug it in and then.
Speaker 1: Follow the wives start ticking up the ground.
Speaker 9: Maybe call your local council, have they like.
Speaker 8: Rezone street or something.
Speaker 4: No, it's a bit We've done everything. I asked the old owners that. They all said that has the name hasn't changed anything like that.
Speaker 1: So did you find out what energy supply the old people had?
Speaker 4: Yes, called them, they said there's no record.
Speaker 1: Of it, but they must have that. I'm not getting angry.
Speaker 5: They said, you need the n m I number. I said, what's the nm I number? They say, it's on your bill. I was like, we haven't.
Speaker 2: When it's just like people normal speaking from a script, are you regalizing.
Speaker 1: What you're saying? We haven't moved, have no bills you have.
Speaker 4: I haven't signed up with you.
Speaker 9: Yet, so you need a bill from the previous agn Now.
Speaker 5: I've got to try to chase up and ask them for one. A.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's another idea.
Speaker 2: Go when you go to myw you're doing final inspections tomorrow, You knocking neighbors, finding what energy supply they're using, because obviously they're getting energy in that area. Yes, you think otherwise illegally just start tapping off from theirs.
Speaker 1: So what about like Wi Fi? Then different? Have you sorted that out?
Speaker 4: We have signed up? I think my will, my partner did that.
Speaker 1: I always always that's that's the number one Wi Fi.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but you need power.
Speaker 4: You need power for the Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: It's all about the power. That is a nightmare.
Speaker 4: It has been the most stressful week.
Speaker 5: Yesterday we were telling us the final number for the like that you need to have in the account for the settlement to go through.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was eighty.
Speaker 4: Five thousand dollars more than the number that.
Speaker 9: We were making me.
Speaker 4: And obviously I didn't.
Speaker 5: Have eighty five thousand dollars kicking around.
Speaker 1: That's no bigger on a Wednesday.
Speaker 4: You did eight five. You're not getting it.
Speaker 2: I was going to say these cars yesterday and sold it.
Speaker 4: So I spent all of yesterday like going through all the contracts trying.
Speaker 2: To you're going to spent trying to find eighty thousand dollars just selling your body on the streets for cash.
Speaker 4: Busy boy, look.
Speaker 2: A mess got back in that sauna way.
Speaker 4: So I figured it out. I was the one to figured it out, not anyone else. There was an account.
Speaker 1: The lawyers and accountants didn't see it was a discrepancy.
Speaker 4: No, I had to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Planets and lost the plot.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, because I thought we can't buy the house, because obviously I can't just get okay, I was absolutely.
Speaker 4: I was going through it yesterday.
Speaker 5: But now as long as we find out that this place exists, then hopefully on Monday, this.
Speaker 2: Is so you've got no energy lined up at the moment. It takes some days to sort that out.
Speaker 4: I know, I know we'll be we'll be living like.
Speaker 2: Well you didn't go to Bunnings and get like some sort of generators. The neighbors I love you, that running twenty four hours a day, and the god.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The biggest engagement this radio station has had all week has been you kind hearted people, ringing, texting, emailing trying to help out Rio and his mystical house that does not exist. Issue with the NMI on the meter.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you so much to everyone who called and said you'll find the NMI number on the meter so I can do that.
Speaker 4: On Friday at the final inspection. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Now, also somebody saying, this is Stephen, a copy of the previous owner's electric bill will be in section thirty two.
Speaker 4: I've got the section thirty two.
Speaker 1: It'll be in there. Apparently it has to be by law.
Speaker 4: I never need Thank you Steven and.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: The person who referred to Rio's Little Boy Rio's Problem.
Speaker 1: A new weekly freature on a Thursday. It's time over this week's episode five of Little Boy Rio's Problem. He's seeing a doctor.
Speaker 2: It's okay, lots tons of recommendations coming through.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was just oh that I'm on air.
Speaker 2: I was just readings, just interested in that one as gid us to play with tentional show, you know, oh is he Okay, that's just reading some person across farms. I'll get back to you off tonight. All right, So today on the time way stuff. Australian Open Ground passes for you and three chums. This summer hits different. Australian Open twenty twenty six. Tickets are on sale now. Bakery songs. I had two have a word really yesterday when he pitched me bread songs. It's like, we're not doing half an hour on bread songs, but we are doing an afron pep us.
Speaker 1: Names are body parts.
Speaker 2: He's still got a lot to learn, because boy Rio, we're doing bakery songs. But first of all, three Killer three Killer Bakery facts from killerfactx dot Com. Let's get some production on that, please, team, Killer Facts. The idea of wishing someone's sweet dreams comes from the English edition. I'm keeping up fruit cake under the pillow to have a beastful drink.
Speaker 1: Killer Facts.
Speaker 4: Is that what you guys do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I haven't got a little fruitcake under my pillow. David Amber.
Speaker 1: This is David Amber. It's actually Sir.
Speaker 2: David Amber, if you don't mind, Sir David Admer was born before the invention of sliced bread. Oh Wow, Killer Fact two, Killer Fact three. The cookies the Cookie Monster enjoined Sesame Street are.
Speaker 1: Actually painted rice cakes.
Speaker 2: One Ray Today, Killer Fax, Killer Facts, Killer Facts all right? One are those bakers listening to muffin compares to you go Lady and bread silver.
Speaker 1: Mm achy, baky heart, silver.
Speaker 2: Plas mmmmm mmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: I'm a baker my version of that song. That's right.
Speaker 2: No donuty, no Dicky, no donity, m joining gang, no donuty. And I forgot to put the punchline this one. It says, simply says pie of the it's a new game.
Speaker 1: Now I do half the work half of.
Speaker 4: You're right, all right?
Speaker 1: What have you got? What they listened to? The bakery?
Speaker 4: Ricky Martin loves the sour though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's living.
Speaker 2: Levina Lofar go Little Boy Rio shoots and scores.
Speaker 5: Iggy Azalea is at the bakery. She's saying I'm so flancy.
Speaker 1: She's not. Actually she's getting a bronze cotton dough.
Speaker 5: There we go, silver and bread or live.
Speaker 1: Bronzes.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast, turn.
Speaker 2: Them out the time wasters. We're looking for your bakery songs. Best in show. You're off to the AO given three mates, ri are you ready to art?
Speaker 4: Let's do it?
Speaker 2: Then in a slice slice baby from Darlen. Hey, Bicky, that's the great one on Nathan, two strong tarts, Roger Crumb on Eileen, Oh very good. Gold girls just want to have fun? Yeah, Silver, if I could turn over time at Patsy you like a yeah turnover apple turnover?
Speaker 8: No, not particularly vanilla slash is my choice of bakery treat. The custard's got to be running not kind.
Speaker 1: Of yes, yeah, it's going to be just right, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Just so?
Speaker 5: Just so?
Speaker 1: You raising me up. Came in like a wrecking ball. I came in like a sourdough bronz. I tried, claud I really trying to send it to them, but not very good.
Speaker 2: Mane Bake my breath away Silver Betty Davis Pie God Flow riders very concerned about his blood sugar levels.
Speaker 1: Next thing you know, shoddy.
Speaker 2: God lo Lo lo lo Gei bread messaging a barn me silver bagels.
Speaker 1: Just want to have fun.
Speaker 4: Silva us they got off the rails.
Speaker 2: Don't stop believing God, don't stop believing. Very good Jess Brady, Okay, who's off to the AO?
Speaker 1: Them and three chums. Hey Bicky, Hey Bicky, Hey Bicky.
Speaker 2: All Right, Tomorrow on the show would have the People's playlist and you could be winning five hundred dollars for your regretication your stories of a holiday From Health Speak to Tomorrow, The
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast