Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week, on the show, we're just asking you innocently about how did you break a window?
Speaker 3: And Ron called.
Speaker 4: In young and in the early twenties and appreciated mom and dad timing into her own place. And the x was decided that she flicked off me and put it back through the window and ended uple of reshaped into it.
Speaker 5: It was maybe or lob.
Speaker 3: It's a moment in time we're always going to remember.
Speaker 2: So today, over the last couple of weeks, we've gone around various rooms in the house asking for your stories. It started with when someone told me a chemist that the kitchen is the most dangerous room in the house. So we're talking about your kitchen injuries. Then we went outside into the garden and sheds and the deck. Now we're going back inside and we're going into your bedrooms.
Speaker 3: Now, some of these might just be injuries that just happened to happen in that room.
Speaker 6: They can sell on the end of the bed.
Speaker 3: That's right. You could easily slipped on a roller skate or something like that.
Speaker 2: Whatever's what's the Let's not judge people how they have fun. Okay, roll a girl anyway, that's my business, not yours. What goes on in your bedrooms is our business. Now, however, some of these may well be related.
Speaker 6: To well, like ron.
Speaker 2: An Act of Congress, so official, thank you, that's the Englishman and me, oh, I'm blushing already, cover up your ankles, ladies, there's.
Speaker 3: Too much for me. Keep the roll, sed, yes, keep the always. We need a safe word that they can say.
Speaker 2: Congress or mamber number five or ronmber.
Speaker 3: Do we say let's go with that then okay.
Speaker 2: So if you're so, it's just a bedroom injury, just an injury, just stayed in the bedroom. Now, if that injury was related to the Act of Congress, then just simply say you were enjoying some.
Speaker 3: Mamma number five.
Speaker 2: That way, children aren't going to get upset. They're not going to go mum. What does Mamber number five mean? You just say you introduced them to Lou Bager. No child is ever too young, too young to be introduced at a great al right, p Lou Bager and everyone's good.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your stories about bedroom injuries this morning, and we are saying, if any of these do happen to involve an injury sustained during the Act of Congress to just simply swap out the word and put in mamber number five. Jack's is very disappointed at the moment because none of the stories we're getting so far involved mambo number five.
Speaker 6: We got to get one at least before eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: It's Jack's birthday today.
Speaker 2: I think he wants to get his kicks vicariously through the corners. Let's not deny him on his birthday. Okay, by the way, you did you did you find a babysity? My I text you say, my daughter Ruby said she would help you out.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was very generous. Dad's going to do it, she.
Speaker 2: Said to me yesterday. What are they going to do in the afternoon? Mamber number five.
Speaker 3: Nine four one four.
Speaker 6: We're going out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right to a lay by. Right, if the tessa's a rocking, don't come and knock him. Nine four one four one o four three. Let's go into your bedrooms, Paul, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, dang happy bought that year, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Paul, Paul to your bedroom injury.
Speaker 8: Okay, I was having a ball chair of an army one night. I don't like spiders. And I jumped out of bed and threw my knee out to a point where I needed I was doing accupuncture prevent six months.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it's still feel still to be stayed twenty odd you want because you had a dream about some spinders and leapt out about it. This is amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 6: I've heard of shooting up in bed. You have a bedroom shoot up in bee like stand up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing some sort of gymnastics triple tuck in the air, then landing and stacking the landing.
Speaker 8: I really don't like spiders in the country for that.
Speaker 3: All right, Paul, thank you, We see you on the time waster.
Speaker 2: It's him and cool we Rob. Oh right, let's go to Beth here. Good morning, Beth, Good morning. Here you going, I'm good Beth.
Speaker 3: And the bedroom injury so it's no.
Speaker 5: Mumber number five, just to tell you, I jumped out of bed one morning for no reason in particular, just start jumped and staved off my bed and both every bone in my foot.
Speaker 3: This is too cool, so related, who is like this? Such abandoned?
Speaker 5: And I find myself at home like there's no reason for me to be super happy in the morning. I was going to work. I have no idea.
Speaker 6: So you're an adult at this stage.
Speaker 2: This is great, and it's like Christmas Day. Yeah, you're starting Christmas Day like that, but suddenly you just got to work.
Speaker 3: But then you broke every single bone in your foot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I put all my toes my foot. I actually put my shoe on, thinking it was really sore, and then hobbled for a little bit and got off to I went to the train station and got off to at work. And then as I pulled my shoe off, this man walked person who was like, you need to go to the hospital, and I went, oh, And then I went.
Speaker 2: To SAA like bones is falling off the shop publy and the foot it is like a sock.
Speaker 3: Beth.
Speaker 2: That is a nightmare. All right, Ben, thank you very much, your story mate.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, have a good day, Justin.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Yeah, good morning, everybody happy about that?
Speaker 10: Jack?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Justin? Lovely, justin, take us into your bedroom.
Speaker 9: Injury again, No, no mamba number five. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but about five years ago we were moving house. My wife left me alone for a day. If she went to celebrate her friend's fortieth birthday, and I was doing some tiding up and what she forget, forgot to tell me was that she'd spilled her jewelry box in the so we had some long carpet in the bedroom, so it was absolutely riddled with her ear rings that were all facing upwards.
Speaker 11: So I thought, she I thought.
Speaker 9: I cleaned some of them up, but then spent the rest of the day impaling the soles of my feet.
Speaker 3: She'll set a man trap.
Speaker 10: It was outrageous.
Speaker 9: Well, the fact I'm calling you today to talk about it is I still haven't.
Speaker 6: Gotten over it.
Speaker 2: That sounds agony, all those little sharp sort of studs going up into your solder, your foot.
Speaker 9: It was. It was a painful day.
Speaker 12: Shall we say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, justin thank you very much.
Speaker 9: She cool, Thanks very much, have a great day, guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Christine. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, here you go on, Christian morning, Petty and.
Speaker 3: Jack Jack, thank you Christine. Your bedroom injury, well, it.
Speaker 5: Was actually my son's. He was probably about four at the time. When we had bunk beds, and my niece and nephew were over well, they decided to pull the trundle out and top two from the top bunk to the bottom bunk and put a bean bag on the trundle to land on that the best.
Speaker 6: Of time, jumping off things good, ultimate childhood.
Speaker 2: Let's do what happened jumping off things? You dream of those days?
Speaker 5: He went top back by the bank, missed being bag and hit the window sill.
Speaker 3: PM the Pymball Wizard.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, unfortunately we were sort of all we who was this screen saying I can't say, I can't see and turn around and my husband come flying out of the bedroom after being on night shift and looked at him and just grabbed a towel, shoved it on his head and said, get him in the car. Begun at the hospital. So yeah, that was the exciting part. We got down there as they took the tail off and said this, this is big white hole and we thought, oh, she said yeah, that's the skull.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, it was wonderful.
Speaker 6: You should have warn us. We wouldn't have diggled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, guys, you's got to give us a skull warning at the start of a call.
Speaker 6: He wouldn't have called him the pinball Wizards.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not stand by that. I still stand by that.
Speaker 2: The doctors would have called him right now, pemble wizard in there and fayn and he was fine. So he's fine. Then they just squished it back in. Did they put some cellotape around it?
Speaker 5: Home? He had sich is internally externally, and I said your soul, watch out for concussion. Well we got home and he bagging jelly beans. He was happy, and he was doing somersaults within the hour over the couch.
Speaker 2: So I think that was part of the sort of outpatient treatment. And a bag of jelly beans. And then make sure he's doing somersaults within writ down sixty minutes.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I told him that, just watch out for you. Katy goes quiet, watch out.
Speaker 2: That's the learning here, all right, Christine, I'm going to send you a prize.
Speaker 3: This is brilliant call.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you a pair of tickets to go to vill Cinemas Gold Class.
Speaker 5: Oh that'd be wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thank you, really funny story, Thank you very much. All right?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one O four three Bedroom injury stories and please, it is Jack's birthday. What did it killing it to share a few stories about bedroom injuries that involve my number five?
Speaker 3: It is his birthday. He's very disappointed at the moment.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Give us a call.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your bedroom injury stories. If it was sustained during you know what, use the safe word mumbo number five.
Speaker 3: This is mumble number fat exactly, Go with Lou. Okay, let's go to Steve. Good morning, Good day guys, Happy birthday Jack.
Speaker 6: Thanks Steve.
Speaker 3: Steve, take us into the bedroom.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I was standing on the bed to change the globe in the ceiling fan, and I asked my wife to turn the light on, and instead she turned the fan on, knocked me off the bed onto the dresing table, where I smashed the glass shelf and fractured them. Cracked four ribs.
Speaker 3: Bloody.
Speaker 2: How so what the fans? Spun you around and then out.
Speaker 6: Yep, something out of a cartoons The fan can hold aim fully grown man and fling him around.
Speaker 1: The room strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well yes, she actually turned them on to the highest setting, so it took off to the pretty quick.
Speaker 3: So was in case? Yes?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well it's the just in taber wasn't I would have gone through the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there's got more spin on it than that fan. Steve thank you very much. Whymbe we should start a new feature called did that really Happen? A Memory of Steve's School? Lee, Good morning, Christian, I'm good Lee, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving us a cool so your bedroom injury? Yes so, Happy birthday, Jack, and.
Speaker 11: You have to be careful place of my birthday in July. And the misus thought you trade me into a bit of Mombo number five.
Speaker 3: Carry on, end up de ocated my shoulder during umber number five.
Speaker 11: During mambo number five.
Speaker 2: Wow, we put the shoulder out agony.
Speaker 11: So I won't get into details, but the Mumbo number one, the Mumbo number two, and then by the time we got the mumbo number five.
Speaker 3: Made it all the way there. That's that's all. Jack's hoping to get at LISTA three today on his birthday. But anyway, I don't want to smaller rise.
Speaker 6: Naked.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanking you, thank you. By the way, how did you put your shoulder back?
Speaker 4: Him? Oh?
Speaker 11: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Actually, I had to call a mate.
Speaker 11: I was sport out on the bed. I had to call a maid that live around the corner to come around and help do it.
Speaker 10: He couldn't do us.
Speaker 11: I had to go to Arsenal for me naked. Yes, yeah, I was just naked on the bed.
Speaker 8: Well, the misters were trying to do what he couldn't do it. I thought, jeez, I have to get.
Speaker 4: Someone to help me.
Speaker 11: You got a made around and he couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, trip Arsenal.
Speaker 3: I think I'd call any of my friends.
Speaker 2: I think actually just die on the bed.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jack, I'm naked. Only got some three out of the five and put it back in with me. How a brother out.
Speaker 2: This is a basic This is a great call, very very good call. We'll send your prize. They thank you very much. Made brilliant cool bag back. Let's go to Adam here. Good morning, Adam, Good morning Christian. Now I'm good Adam. So your story number number five.
Speaker 12: Or yeah, during number number five, you put your nose, I broke my nose and the bed what broke first? The bed broke first, so you know the old black cast iron beds that some people had from that. I was in my early twenties with my partner. And the bass broke away from the head.
Speaker 6: That's some mumbo.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So the basse breaks away from the head, leaned forward the base who's gone down? And my nose goes in between the iron.
Speaker 3: And song's going up and down your te inflation. On the.
Speaker 10: Wow we break the nose, partner starts laughing, thinks are hilarious, I'm bleeding and end up with another trip to hospital based on that one.
Speaker 2: That is incredible, Adam, another classic story. Thank you very very much, Giveness the call mate. These have been amazing course, thank you well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast