Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Like Dodge that with my tax.
Speaker 3: My dad was actually a late bluemer. Patsy's a journalist.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Take your morning. It's to Christian O'Connell's show. The weekend is here. Good morning Jackie Boy, Good morning Pats Morning. Now before we get into today's show and double thumbs up Friday, what are you all looking forward to for this weekend? Patsy?
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got a one year old's birthday on Sunday.
Speaker 4: What's the point'd be like, I'm not going to celebrate Gordon's birthday having.
Speaker 3: A one year old. I went till the sixty wait till they're sixteen.
Speaker 2: Oh we had one every year right up to.
Speaker 3: That doesn't surprise me. Not every month. Yes, going old isn't going to remember anything.
Speaker 2: No, little Zari won't, but we will. It's more for the adults. Admittedly, we're all going out for lunch, which will be very.
Speaker 3: Also, got to do with a one year old, someone looking after the one year old where you just tie one.
Speaker 2: On house is the commitment. It starts. The invitations is twelve to four pm. Chris goes, Wow, that's some blast for a one year old.
Speaker 3: A long lunch, A long, long lunch. Nothing worse in my mind than opening up an invitation. Peace. Friends, don't invite me to anything. Please, Honestly, if I see an invite, my wife got one the other week and I went, oh God, please tell me, you don't expect me to go to that way we're married to it.
Speaker 4: Did the same thing. It's before you even open the invite, when you see something come in the letter box, his handwritten.
Speaker 3: Where we stud the side and stuff like that. My next question always be what time can we leave? I need to know the exit plan. I need to know any social event more than six people, I get some kind of anxiety. I don't want to be at it, honestly. All right, So Jackie boy, what are you up to this week? You're obviously you're six week old.
Speaker 4: So we're actually going to the movies for the first time since the baby was born. Excellent, mom is want to come? He's not coming with us?
Speaker 3: I mean they're not one of those people. No, because there are people that do that.
Speaker 4: Bianchor wanted to take him to a comedy show. Honestly at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
Speaker 3: I've thrown out someone wants with the baby once that is, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 4: I said, no, well, and she said, if he starts crying, we'll just walk out.
Speaker 3: In no way. Is that distracting?
Speaker 4: The comedian will already have hecked us to death little man. Yeah, but we're going super excited, so he's going to stay with mum.
Speaker 3: What are you going to see?
Speaker 4: Well, we haven't chosen yet. I want to see this new Nicholas Cage one the bank wants to see the Double Secrets of Double Door.
Speaker 2: Or you might go separate.
Speaker 3: One of the great joys being grown up is going to the movies by yourself.
Speaker 4: You can't talk in the cinemas anyway, so we could just still go to dinner beforehand.
Speaker 3: You go with somebody else and you're the one sort of taking them to see that movie you've pitched it, and they're not sure about it. The whole time you're looking at them, checking in.
Speaker 4: To see if they're enjoying it, and I let if it's her choice, I let her know that I'm not enjoying it. We're not price if it's double slinking my hair.
Speaker 1: Dumble ball, all old Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do our double thumbs up. This is where we go around the teamMy Jack and Patsy telling about the things we're into this week. Patsy, what is it?
Speaker 2: Yes, surprise prize. I've been back. It came up and made the latest discovery. This is not a new invention. You are both dog on it, so you all know it is a dog fetcher. Think so it's stick.
Speaker 4: Would use around about one hundred years.
Speaker 2: No, they're brilliant. You know why because we.
Speaker 3: Know about it. It's the tennis, it's the flinger thing. You need to bring it in. We're living what are you a Manda care? All of a sudden, Chris, I wish I was producer.
Speaker 2: Tom was saying the other day with his little Minty, he's a little sheep dog about.
Speaker 3: That flipping puppy thinks he makes a bigger deal than you having a kid.
Speaker 4: She hasn't said one nice thing about Minty either.
Speaker 3: Anglish dog owner who doesn't love a dog testing me.
Speaker 4: Well, the dog's not allowed inside. It's still come on that it attacked.
Speaker 2: The lemon tree the other day. Yeah, anyway, three Bucks at Kmart, So that's for you. John three Bucks.
Speaker 3: Even recommend No, no, don't know judge people with that. I think that they just don't know how to throw lazy drop kicking. I like to drop kicking, right, that's acceptable as long as you hit that property. If it just skewed me his off and he goes over, I look around and I hope no one saw that.
Speaker 2: No Kmart toys. Our dog is the most destructible with toys. He still has two toys that we bought two three years ago from Kmart. Do not mock the price. It's quality. The other thing Elvis at Bendigo, we touched on it at the show. It deserves a revisit. It is good. Just an hour out of.
Speaker 3: Three shows ago. Some big old break about Elvis at Benpico. Unless he's been resurrected and he's alive, what actually have you got to say?
Speaker 4: It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: You've gotta go, and you will see some tremendous stuff, including the outfit that he wored to meet President Nixon.
Speaker 3: You should say the belt, but always wanted a saying to you of all my favorites Elvis moments, forget the sixty eight Come back special with iconic backs President Oh Elvis fans remember that iconic moment and also did you see his dog thrower as well?
Speaker 2: No you don't. But the white suit in that comeback special you know at the Endruary did that epic song?
Speaker 3: You see it? Yeah? He suit? You do you do?
Speaker 4: Did your husband wear his suit? He's Barlinese Elvis custom made suit.
Speaker 3: He would have been.
Speaker 2: I'd let him the other thing this week?
Speaker 3: Shape just slow because you're active drinking? Why are you so activated right.
Speaker 2: Now about three coffee?
Speaker 3: About the rest of the show, you'd be stunning the news at eight like you something like that? Why Patty, she's like banging kings, pointing with the pang.
Speaker 4: An old fashion spookery.
Speaker 2: But I used to sprook.
Speaker 4: It doesn't surprise doing it now.
Speaker 2: I did before our wedding to raise money. I had to spook at Meyer and David Jones love me.
Speaker 3: Like private.
Speaker 2: House in the Manchester Department. They loved me. I was quite a hit. Can I talk about cheap seats because we.
Speaker 3: Don't need my permission? Whatever you want, don't throw us entertainment for you about me?
Speaker 4: Cheap sheets, cheap sheets. We're back at the Manchester.
Speaker 2: Shadow ten premiere of season two was this week.
Speaker 3: This great show.
Speaker 2: It's such a clever show. It is brilliant Tuesday nights, get on it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, no copy.
Speaker 1: Not Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We've even that is only going to make her just talk out one hundred miles an hour today, Jackie boy, what are you giving up your double thumbs up?
Speaker 4: I gotta say it's harder to bring in new shows and TV when you've got a baby. We're not watching any series at the moment. Such a pain because you try and sit down to watch anything and you know you're up again. He wants more attention.
Speaker 3: So they don't want more attention, they just need he's six weeks old. He got thirty six year old child.
Speaker 4: So I'm just bringing one this week. But it's a surprisingly awesome food venue in Abbotsford called Penenka Cafe and it's attached to this big football soccer store called Ultra Football. So imagine like Nike added as a huge emporium esque soccer store. But it's in the cafe, so I mean the cafe is in that. The cafe is tacked on, so you go there. They've got a big indoor soccer field in there, they've got a barber, they've got PlayStations with soccer.
Speaker 3: Games on them by soccer fans. It sounds like you need to go.
Speaker 4: You can choose any shirt off the wall. They never even got the custom printers there, so they print your name on the back of it.
Speaker 1: It's huge.
Speaker 3: And then so this, so what were you doing there? Because you're not really a big soccer fan.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not a huge soccer fan. Even less of a sports fan altogether, is my mum. But my mum was raving about this soccer cafe because she said the food is so good.
Speaker 3: So you went for the cafe.
Speaker 4: The cafe is insane and if we go, what do we have? Honestly the best chicken burger in Melbourne about chicken?
Speaker 3: You chicken in panenka in what was so good about chicken?
Speaker 4: And I've also been for the breakfast had the like halloomy toasty.
Speaker 3: Sandwich, what an underrated cheese is.
Speaker 4: Their smoothies are great. And then if you might be a soccer fan, go and kick the soccer balls around why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But if you're not, just have the chicken sandwichank cafe abbitsphead.
Speaker 3: Abbess was not far from here. I'm going to have to go to that. So I think, do you know what we should do at some point this year is you know when you when people say you've got to go there, it's the best place in town to go for a pizza burger, those sort of staples. Actually that are great. Now we should find out and test what are apparently accord to ho this is the very best place to get a chicken burger or a beef burger or.
Speaker 4: Pizza definitely, well let's put put chicken burgers the best, all right, Yeah, and then we can move on to pizza, pies whatever next.
Speaker 3: When we do this right, we also then have to give the first second third those certificates that you know, you go into a business and they got an old one from like a local newspaper or a local radio station, like best local dry Cleaner. My dry cleaner still got up on the wall from award they won in ninety eight. They're very proud of it. They were runner up in ninety night. Yeah no, the winner, runner up in dry Cleaner of the Year. And I'm still up there.
Speaker 4: And I hope we give out certificates this year that are still there in twenty.
Speaker 3: Tw it's time. Okay, have you calmed down a little? My double thumbs up this week. I'm a little bit late to loo bint on some of these, but obviously, flying to and from the UK, I got a lot of time to watch movies that haven't seen. Finally got to see I think it came out when that dog Thrower came out. No Time to Die movie. It's not ciner anymore, but I really enjoyed it. It's a ten out of ten best more movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: I feel it fell by the wayside because of the COVID Remember Kicking Kickback. We're going to do a big promo for Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It's outstanding, best Bond movie and just a great movie. No Time to Die is very good. I also saw I don't know whether it is about when you're up high, you're flying, your emotions are a bit elevated. Ghostbusters Afterlife.
Speaker 2: Isn't it good?
Speaker 3: Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's a tear jerker.
Speaker 2: Oh it's beautifully Well, it's so good, isn't it? I loved it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it broke me. The kiss came over to give me a hug. I was different.
Speaker 4: Can you give me a clue like there's one of the ghosts side the end. But he's a good guys.
Speaker 3: Wow, well it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely tribute to the dead.
Speaker 3: I tell you what. Paul Rudd and the whole rest cast are so good in it.
Speaker 4: I can't recommend an I check it's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ghost Buss Afternoon. And the best show on TV is back better called sul is back, So episode one this week? My god, that is so so good. I love Breaking Bad one of my favorite TV shows, but I think better called sel Somehow is actually edging it. I think it's better and the best thing that I really enjoyed. New show this week this on Apple TV. Gary Oldman is the star on this. Who's a great actor. It's called Slow Horses. It's a thriller, really really smart thriller and very very funny as well. Cannot recommend Slow Horses enough. They are from the best selling books which are really really good as well. Check that out too, and can anyone let me know I've got it to watch. I will watch anything with Josh Brolin in Yeah, he is my spirit animal.
Speaker 4: No Country for Old Men.
Speaker 3: Anything with Josh Brownan, right, I will watch. He's in this new show called out Range. I've been put off a bit because it looks like to have a sci fi tinge. Please tell me he's a cowboy in space, otherwise I will not watch it. Okay, I've read the cowboy stuff. I've seen he's wearing a cowboy hat, but looks like he's on another planet. If it's a cowboy in space, I'm watching it, Josh, let me know. That's our double thumbs up this week. Everything we talked about you can find on Facebook, on Instagram, headlines on.
Speaker 1: The way, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: It listened just before we go into this. Do you need to move that closer? I gave you warning about a minute ago. I see you now looking at it, and I know there's about six foot gap. Do you want to go and get it now?
Speaker 4: I actually like where it is. I like, sure, in case you get me to read them out.
Speaker 3: I'm going to of course, I'm going to ask you to read them out.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they put it behind me and then you have to read it out, and I do that. Weird Ostyrich.
Speaker 3: And then he needed Chiro practice to try And how are you afterwards? Is that going to be readable?
Speaker 4: In second let me read them and then I'll move it so I can ride on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do we have that chat on air? Don't worry, listeners, you're in safe fans. You've got to go strong show for you today. Okay, So this week we're trying to go through the alphabet with celebrity street names. Celebrity street names. We found some amazing ones. Jack just by chance? What are they?
Speaker 4: I would love to read them to you. Christian Amflet Avenue for Christy Amflett, Bennett Street for Tony Bennett, Charles Avenue for Prince Charles, Diamond Drive and Neil Diamond. There's a Greg Norman Drive, there's that James Herd Drive, Jackson Street from Michael Jackson, King and William Streets for the famous King, William Messi Avenue, Pitt Street, Queen and Elizabeth Streets for the famous Queen Elizabeth, Richard and Astley Streets for Rick Asley, Shakespeare Avenue and Zidan Avenue.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for celebrity street names. See if we can do the alphabet eighth and a Z of celebrity streets. This is a great one. Good morning, to Sarah's at work. Sorry, can't call listening to the show pretending to work. There is a Winkler Drive, as in The Great Fonzie, as in Henry Winkler. Taylor's Lake is in Taylor's Lake. Definitely that's going down. How we got room for that? If you need to throw someone out, Jack, it's on the list. I want to live on Winkler Drive? Can we move the radio station to Winkler Drive? Sarah at work, pretend to work, but listen to the show. Thank you very much. All right, let's go to the lines. Chantal Hi, how are you? I'm going Chantale? Have you had a good week?
Speaker 5: I have shure. We have got Natti from work today, so it's always good.
Speaker 3: What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 6: Rushing down to cold skip milks from my son's breakfast before he goes to school.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, whatever that day is, even on a day off of it starts that bad. There's a huge meltdown if he hasn't got Is it this for cereals? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Just for his for his wee before he goes to school?
Speaker 3: Now not mum, I mean this. I might be fine, but get me my milk. Are you really rushing down just to get milk.
Speaker 6: I just want to get some milk glaves forgot to get some on the way home from work, Las.
Speaker 3: And it's just that one simple thing. I think Uber would earn a fortune in the morning, not just delivering coffee to our houses, but actually just milk or bread those or lou ros.
Speaker 4: Don't you bring back the old fashioned milk milk man?
Speaker 3: Yes, a milk man?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: And now what street name have you got for a chant I've got the.
Speaker 1: Litter v for you.
Speaker 6: Victoria Avenue, so Victoria Beckham Posh five.
Speaker 3: Wow, yes, Posh street in Melbourne. That will have to be. Yeah, that's a great one. Chantel. So have you got the milk or you're going to get the milk?
Speaker 6: No, I've got the milk on just on my way home.
Speaker 3: That's good news. All right, have a lovely weekend. Enjoy your day afterday once you got that milk situation resolved.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. Enjoy your day all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you and thank you, thank you. Matt. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Tom.
Speaker 3: How are we Yeah, we're good? Thank you, Matt and Matt. What's the street name for us, buddy?
Speaker 7: I've got tea for you? Bolt Drive, And the whole estate is actually named after Australian bush Rangers, so Thunderbolts from the gentleman bush Ranger Captain Thunderbolt. But there's also you know Ned Street, Kelly Street, Flash, Dan Dan Moore. So the whole estate is just Asrangers.
Speaker 3: Thunderbolt. I'd love to live on Thunderbolt. What a cool, exotic name.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 8: That's essentially very las to live too.
Speaker 4: People who were criminals are now celebrities just because there's a more fun time to be a criminals.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's just give it one hundred years the criminals on today. We'll all have their own street names here. Various suburbs always.
Speaker 7: At the tent when you pull your license it and they see Thunderbolt Drive, and it's bad the conversation.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's great, Matt, that's a great one. Have a nice weekend. Thanks cooler guys, thank you. All right, if you go tune if you've got any more celebrity street names for US nine four one four, one oh four three six fifty four in gold that's it. Just walking studio while I'm talking producers. Yeah, this is like a cafe here isn't it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us this one though, so on the show, then there were just a couple more streets left to try and fail on our alphabet of celebrity streets. What are they, Jackie boy?
Speaker 4: We could do with any of these E, I, N, O, U, X or Y.
Speaker 3: Why don't you go through that again? Giving examples of celebrities, so eve for Engelbert, who's Bert Humper in a famous sort of seventies single with an amazing name.
Speaker 4: Great name? I for Ian, Oh.
Speaker 3: Gosh, find a friendly even the terrible. He's better than the other one.
Speaker 4: You're going to mention, I haven't Soldo the.
Speaker 8: In for.
Speaker 4: Fatato, Nellie Fatata or just Nellie the Rapper.
Speaker 3: Oh for.
Speaker 4: Olivia?
Speaker 3: Yes you for oh x F Xavier Charles Xavier of the X Men, Whostitute.
Speaker 4: And of course why for Urika Goov, the first man in space?
Speaker 3: He's a tribute man to him? All right? So if you've got any of those and then even one, give us a call.
Speaker 4: We probably just confused them more than any things.
Speaker 3: That's most links nine four one four one four three Meredith, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good mine.
Speaker 3: Christen you I'm great to sound like you're trapped somewhere right now like a big echo chamber. We on speaker sorry, thank you, thank you. Don't put baby in the corner and never put me on speaker phone. Thank you. That's so much. Pank you. I like mouth to ear contact. Thank you, Meredith, easy Meredith's Thank you, Meredith. What's the street name?
Speaker 5: We've got Dolly's Craik Road, which is in a little town called Morrison's between Meredith and Blane.
Speaker 3: Beautiful Dolly's Creek Creek Road. That is great, Dolly Patt got that, Dolly Dolly. Meredith, thank you very much for that one. Enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 9: Thank you you too.
Speaker 1: Bye. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We need to help Jackie boy. It's got a very exciting kind of what do you call it? A date night? Tonight?
Speaker 4: It is a date night and our first one since our baby was born seven weeks ago.
Speaker 3: This is huge. And you've decided the girl to a cinema, which is a place where you can sit next to each other and not talk to each other for a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: But there's a little bit of dinner beforehand. Obviously walking hand in hand after the movie back.
Speaker 3: To the cam kind to say you've made the right choice, because what happens in the first year when you do get rare night out you say, let's not just talk about the baby, right, Well, in a minute, you're talking about everything to do with the baby that you've been talking about non stop for the last couple of weeks. So cinema for both of you is a great idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's never been as as much pressure on them choosing a movie as there is tonight because we have so little chances to get out and watch something. This will be besides the footy. This is be the first thing I've watched even on TV in the last seven weeks.
Speaker 3: Wow, So it's huge. So let's help Jackie boy out. So is there no agreement so far? You haven't even booked any tickets.
Speaker 4: We've narrowed it down to two, well three. Bianco wanted to see Downtown Abbey a new.
Speaker 3: Era but in the night thirty years time. Put it this way, Sue the Boss is going to see it tonight. She really, of course she is. Okay, she's taking the cats. They put a whole row together downtown This is Downton Abbey. This actually sounds like a sketch, doesn't it. This is a bit of the Downton Abbey trailer. And I know a lot of you are like, oh, I've got book tickets. I can't wait to see it. I can't believe you're not going to see a Christian. This is Downton, Abby. Have you told them, Lady Grantham, she's see there you go. It's a lady the Lord. There's always the Smithson here, sir, bring them into the study, could you hard Greaves? Have you told them, Lady.
Speaker 4: Grantham, She's told us nothing, do sit, don't I've come into possession of a villa.
Speaker 3: To sit down her start at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Years ago, before you were born.
Speaker 10: I measurement.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say down to Abby.
Speaker 3: I keep it on the list, just I gotta say to be honest, it's making me smile. If you're not going to go wrong with Downton, you are. I'm coming round to it because as she's hearing the have you told them, Lady Grantham, she's told us nothing, do sit?
Speaker 4: Don't come into possession of a villa in the south of.
Speaker 1: France, mystery start the beginning years ago, before you were born.
Speaker 10: I measurement.
Speaker 3: It's so tipid, doesn't it. You don't traders these days? This thing? What's that child? Have you told them? In the background of energy to it, I've come into possession of a villa.
Speaker 4: They're a rich family.
Speaker 3: No, it feels like a mildly interesting episode of the TV series. You're not going to get up waste a babysitter. I'm going to see that. I think takedown Toby right.
Speaker 4: Love to take that off. So the two left are the anchor's choice of secrets of Dumbledore, which.
Speaker 3: Is like, this is the third Fantastic Beast one? Yeah, yeah, so the first one loved it. Second one normally as the diminishing returns, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Okay? So how many Harry Potter characters are in it? Because I've never seen Fantastic Beasts, but I know it's of the world from Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Stephen Hawkins in it, the actor that plays Stephen Hawkins. Wow, they're really expanding the multipuse, aren't they.
Speaker 4: They are magic rolling up to now.
Speaker 3: I thought she was canceled. Now she's putting Hawk in the Eddie Redmond's in it.
Speaker 4: Eddie Redmond.
Speaker 3: Right, hot Jude Law is there with his magic wand.
Speaker 4: So Dumbledore is Jude Law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hotty Dumbledore. Okay, he's the keeper of the elder one.
Speaker 4: I'm not hurrying out to get the world.
Speaker 3: Does we know it is coming undone? Now that's how you start training. Though the world as we know it is coming undone? The world as we know it is coming undone? Compared to have you told them, Lady Grantham, sit down, the world as we know it is coming undone, pulling it apart with hate. If we're to defeat him, you'll have to trust me. We're here to see I was Dumbledore. That would be my brother.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know about Dumbledore.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the next option?
Speaker 4: This is my one, this is my pitch. It's called Unbearable Weight of massive Talent.
Speaker 3: This looks great. I've read all of you. This is a Nick Cage movie where he plays himself, especially brilliant, unfulfilled.
Speaker 4: And facing financial ruin. Actor Nick Cage accepts a one million dollar offered to attend a wealthy fans birthday party.
Speaker 3: Things take out the word Cage. Put Johnny Depp in either of those two. They feel like those two are quite interchangeable, don't you.
Speaker 4: Takes an unexpected turn when a CIA operative recruits Cage for an unusual mission.
Speaker 3: See I love this, This is this is the one to see. Come on, Nick, We've got another offer.
Speaker 4: It's a million bucks.
Speaker 1: It's to attend a wealthy gentleman's birthday.
Speaker 3: We go and do that.
Speaker 4: It's the easy Just gig over.
Speaker 3: You play yourself. Welcome to my orst Cage.
Speaker 10: The guy that wants his house what's his name?
Speaker 3: Is hardly gonna want me to play him Conick Cage.
Speaker 4: He plays himself.
Speaker 3: I mean i'd be going to see that, Patsy. What would you advise, Jackieber?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Have a guess?
Speaker 4: Not the downtowns, the auction, No no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We live in a world now. There's so many choices, aren't they? What do you want to watch tonight? Do we want? Want someone? On? Netflix? Apple TV, stan Ko And then on even if you're just gonna get a takeaways? Do you want? Do you want pizza burger? Chinese? Indian? Which Indian?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 3: I had a bad time last night. Oh I like the signs they do there and then going to the cinema, which is why we're trying to help jack you now because movies are back. There's so many movies to see, and you want to if you're going to put two or three hours into it, you want to make sure you're gonna have a nice time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is our first chance to go on a date, just Beyanka and I since we had a baby seven weeks ago, So there's a lot of pressure. We don't want to go and see a dud movie and ruin our only nine out in two months.
Speaker 3: And what are you doing beforehand? Have you really watched out?
Speaker 4: We're going to go eat the dumplings place I told you.
Speaker 3: And then are you going to do any sneaky sneaks in the backpack? You know, like a little half pot of wine or something like all ways, Yeah, just checking. You haven't forgot how it works. You really feel like you're sticking it to the man. Don't you get the little sneaky sneaks?
Speaker 4: Do they know when they say I worked at the cinema?
Speaker 3: We know see the mad pack or suitcase that you.
Speaker 4: We had a guy with a duffel coat trying to sneak in McDonald's.
Speaker 3: We know gadget all right, so it doesn't know what movie to go and see tonight. Which way do you think should go? There's this big new Nick Cage sort of comedy movie. There's also Downtown Abby, and then there's also the new Fantastic Beast movie, The Secrets of Dumbledore. Maria, Hi, how are you? I'm good? So help the posts out? Which way should they go tonight?
Speaker 9: If Jack wants to be absolutely entertained, he's got to go and see the Nicholas Cage movie. We saw it on Sunday and it was absolutely hysterical. It is a really laugh out laud movie.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 4: That's what you guys wanted.
Speaker 3: You need a laugh right now. It's tough having a baby. You want to laugh right now. So what would you say? Nine out of ten, ten out of ten.
Speaker 9: Marie, I'd say ten out of ten. Yeah, and I've seen the Dumbledore movie as well.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 9: But if you had to pick between the two, I'd go Nicholas Cage all the way.
Speaker 5: It's not kidding.
Speaker 11: It is his deryckle. It is so out there.
Speaker 9: It's not funny, but it is funny.
Speaker 12: It's great.
Speaker 11: We loved it.
Speaker 3: Awesome that's a great double thumbs up. Thank you, Marie. Have a nice weekend, you too, buy Alana? Hello, Hello Alana. What movie should they go and see?
Speaker 11: Definitely Nicholas Cage. I think they're a young couple. Downton Abbey should be way off that list.
Speaker 3: When you're Patsy's age.
Speaker 11: Be giving your babysitter. Sorry, definitely not Downton Abbey. They need to have a fun though it out. Yes, so down to Abby off. Definitely an action comedy, Las Cage all the way.
Speaker 3: If this show was a movie, it's action comedy.
Speaker 4: We are Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 3: Jack, Alana, thank you very much. She killed me. I have a good weekend.
Speaker 11: Thank you, you too, came.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hi Christian, Jack and Patty.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: Mate? Kim help Jack out? Which movie should they go? And see which way you going?
Speaker 13: Jack?
Speaker 11: I would cross those three off, and I would go through the Lost City with Sandra Bullick, Channing Tatum and Brad Pitt. It is hilarious. I love it, Ye hilarious.
Speaker 4: You look like a bit of a kid's movie to me.
Speaker 10: Oh no, no, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: You'll love it.
Speaker 12: I don't think you'd regret it.
Speaker 11: And I think you need a good night out and have a good lie.
Speaker 12: It'd be great.
Speaker 3: I tell you one thing. Channum Tatum does comedy really well. Have you seen that Jump Street? Those two Jump Street comedy? Is it one of those movies? Were at the beginning him and Sondra hate each other and then the end they get.
Speaker 1: It on.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 4: This movie, no one's looking for out the spoilers.
Speaker 3: Kim, thank you very much for the recommendation.
Speaker 11: Have a great day, have fun, Jack, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Ben's on the nine.
Speaker 8: Come on and Beny Christian, here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm good Benny boy. Which way should he go? What's he going to go? And see?
Speaker 14: Look, I've got a bit of an idpall one here from It's actually from twenty twenty, but I think they're playing it again. And I recently watched this in the cinemas a few weeks ago. It is the funniest film I've seen in a long time. It's actually based on a true story. It's called The Duke. It's based on the nineteen sixty one theft of de Goya's portrait of the Duke of Wellington in the National Gallery of London.
Speaker 4: And I saw the trailer.
Speaker 3: It's on part of cinemas. It's supposed to be really good.
Speaker 4: It looked a bit too British for me. Excuse me, it looked very British even the post.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: He's got like as I was Indian?
Speaker 3: What do you say? It looks a bit Indian to me? Why is it okay to be semi racist? To pop? It looks a bit British. Isn't a nice work Indian for me?
Speaker 4: On the post he's wearing a top hat and you know nice.
Speaker 3: But it's of the time. It has been talking about going to sit down to Abbey. There's nothing more British than that.
Speaker 4: Nick Cage is just a nose in front for me at the moment.
Speaker 3: Best very British as well? Is it a good movie?
Speaker 14: It's a cracker all the way through. It is the best movie I've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not as no reminded as Jack sort of my more?
Speaker 4: Was it very British though?
Speaker 3: Ben? It's based in the whiff of British list whiff of pom coming off the screen. Ben, Sorry mates, fore on deaf, ignorant, closed mind ears. We're going see it together. You and hope any boy, I've already see it again? Oh yeah yeah, Rob one last one from all Robbie boy.
Speaker 8: Rob, here you going yeah good?
Speaker 3: I don't know we resolved anything now.
Speaker 8: Rob, It's going to be Nicholas Cage all the way.
Speaker 3: Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 8: I'm sold on it. I've got to guarant see it there myself. And unless you want to catch up on some slate, guarantee damp nervy if you want. If you want to catch up on slate, guarantee dep nebby. Otherwise, Nicolas, why didn't you watch it with.
Speaker 3: Jack and the anchor? Come along to night at the seven thirty show Patred Cinemas? Is it that palace?
Speaker 11: One?
Speaker 1: Tho Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: The best question of the week is always asked on a Friday when someone says to you, what time are you knocking off today? Knock of Friday we call that. And then also we want to know what is the highlight of your weekend? She caught us up on nine four one four one o four three, tell us what time are you knocking off? And then what is the single thing that you're most looking forward to this weekend? And then she got a tough tough thing to pull off. Tonight, Well, I said to me, do not be really nice? Be really nice. There's the two of us to go out for dinner. I'm not agree. Where would you like to go? She can actually know before how do I like to go for a walk on the beach at sunset?
Speaker 13: And what are we on?
Speaker 3: Maths? Lovely? And then surprise me, I'm not, oh, recip disaster, a recipe for disaster. I'm only ting to book places now, anywhere that she likes. They're all booked because it's twenty to eight in the morning. Anywhere decent, it's fully booked up right now. I've even just been googling sunset times in Melbourne tonight, trying time at all. It's fort with disaster tonight?
Speaker 4: Where could you go on the beach?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: What about a picnic?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 3: I just gonna what effort Jean's going to about four different shops? Doesn't it getting a bit from there, getting a bit from their panes? Again?
Speaker 4: I reckon the romance level is high with the picnic, but their actual actuality of being down on the beach as it's getting cold and then you've got some steps and when.
Speaker 3: The sand starts blowing into the cheese. A dog comes and takes a dump next to you. You know there's a lot there.
Speaker 4: You get uncomfortable sitting down.
Speaker 3: The best part of the picnic is when you surprised them with the picnic, and that's well. So when it's like they go, oh my god, you went to all this effort, and that's where the funny is goes downhill, it's uncomfortable. I propped up on one elbow and that's very comfortable. Why did you bring the chest? Why do you put the car so far? You're ruined it?
Speaker 4: The tomatoes are soggy in the sand. Yeah, I made him earlier today.
Speaker 3: Patsy, what time you're knocking off today? And what is your highlight? Mate?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm excuse me, I just have to clear my voice.
Speaker 4: I'm numb.
Speaker 2: Made with the group of journalists. Hang on, I need to do my mic off and clear my throat.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, I mean no reason why you should have done that during the last five minute song.
Speaker 2: I do beg your pardon meet him with a gaggle of journalists. So it's going again for a drink. Some girls that I've worked with over the past sort of twenty thirty years. We're all mums and teenagers and stuff, and we don't get much time to get there, so I'm looking forward to it. We're on the loose tomorrow, all right.
Speaker 3: At first, it felt like it was a journey that's going to think chank. Now you're just getting drum pretty much. If you ask Patsy what she's doing, right, shit, it always starts high concept. Then it goes and we haven't seen each other for a while and we're just going to get drupped.
Speaker 4: I thought it's the startup is going to be some kind of networking conference. Yeah, other journey's denying it.
Speaker 3: We're just getting loose news on the loose.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show. Podcast.
Speaker 3: Was just saying earlier, how it's a tough thing for me to put off tonight, this sunset walk on the beach. Surprise me with a restaurant, you know, it's a moment's notice. Janine has kindly gone on a gone online to try and help me out. You can't go on air and help me out as well, Janine. She's had a ninety five percent chance of rain afterclock. Oh no, the wet picnic. You should have known, Chris it was going to rain. Didn't you google bomb? All right, then we're doing a knockoff Friday. We ask you the best question of the week. What time are you knocking off today? And then what is the highlight of this weekend for?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Share it with us on nine four one four one oh four three. Angie, Hey Christian, Hey Angie. What's time you knocking off today? Mate?
Speaker 9: I'm knocking off at twelve o'clock awesome, And I'm going down to Morning tun ice cream shop to get some liquorice ice cream.
Speaker 3: Liquorice ice cream. It never died? Could That sounds disgusting, But that's your thing?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: Beautiful? Beautiful?
Speaker 3: Is that like an every Friday treat? Will you knock off for? That's just this weekend?
Speaker 5: Just this weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And what do you do?
Speaker 5: I am a cooking a child care centers every day.
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's hard work, right?
Speaker 13: You have a front line there, that's great, that's good fun.
Speaker 3: Do you one hundreds? And where's where's the where's the school down in the Mount Martha?
Speaker 4: What are they having for lunch today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: We having stag Bob.
Speaker 3: If you're ko going off at mid day? Isn't that when the little rug rats like to eat a savage courage ice cream rats start on Friday, eat on Monday, hand out a ladle drop. It's your version of a mic drop and enjoying liquorice ice cream. Thanks guys, have a good one and you take care of Alan. Good morning. Yeah, hello, Christian, I'm good buddy. And what tell me are you knocking off the day? And what's the highlight of your weekend?
Speaker 13: No, I'm not only locking off at an ordinary three o'clock, but that's not the highlight. The highlight is that I have my third long weekend in a row. This one's been forced and it's like to take a couple bit of a couple of days of annually. But yeah, every end we have a wedding that we're going to. It's the one of the bridesmaids of my new wife.
Speaker 3: And congratulations on the new wife. Obviously no name, still get to know her.
Speaker 13: I know my new wife, Katie.
Speaker 8: She's absolutely apple of my eyes. It's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 7: But our highlight is Saturday.
Speaker 13: We are going on our wedding presence, which was given to us by my parents, and there's a flight down to Antarctica to fly in and among.
Speaker 3: Nor get a like a Jeff or something.
Speaker 13: Antarctica study play eight hours on a plane. There's an astrophysicist on the plane with us and there and had does a full bodody, you know, tour and everything like that, and amazing to fight in and amongst the aurora borealists.
Speaker 3: You're going to see the borialist. That would be beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you just do a circuit. You don't even land you look.
Speaker 13: I'm not entirely sure of the details there, but but I know we might fly in amongst her for a little bit. I actually don't know, but we're going down there and going back and it's eight hours total.
Speaker 4: So do you find out if you're getting off at an Antarctica if you need a package?
Speaker 3: Layer up, layers. What an amazing experience to know what happened. Sorry, that's an incredible thing to do. I've always wanted to go and see them. They look at the photos you see of it and they look stunning.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I remember it was on a David Apten show once and my mum happened to be staying with me, right and you got a camera out of her bag. And took a photo of the TV screen the lights right, what are you doing? She goes, it's the closest I'm going to get. Like, you know, if anyone you sas son would put me on an eight hour flight like your mum and dad.
Speaker 4: Exciting one as you're flipping through the phone arm, Oh my god, you guys went to the rory Bora.
Speaker 3: He's me and David Attenborough. I'm just cropped out with a rare Somarchan tiger. Alan, you must call us and let us know what it was like. I'm fascinated by it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, soon as I get back back on Wednesday for it, I'll give you a call.
Speaker 3: I look forward to that, all right, enjoy Adam.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much, Chris, and have a great day.
Speaker 3: And you we should do a photo about great and bad wedding gifts because that's a great one. But they're not all like that, are they.
Speaker 1: Carl B. You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We can't believe the call we just had from Alan, you know, round about ten minutes ago. So if you just joined us, we were doing it. We always doing a Friday, not on Friday. Will we ask you, what's time you knocking off today? What's the heart out of your weekend? Alan? Alan is doing it just casually drops this like it's no big Saturday.
Speaker 13: We are going on our wedding presence, which was given to us by my parents, and there's a flight down to Antarctica to fly.
Speaker 3: The way. He was just sort of you know that they're set up to this Saturday. We are going Saturday Saturday. Can I be going to pick up my dry cleaning? You know, we'll tend the kids to a netball tournament. He's off to see the Northern Lights. I'm just reading up on the Northern Lights.
Speaker 4: Well, it would be the Southern lights down here.
Speaker 3: Okays, there would be with an eight hour flight. But he said he was seeing the Aurora paralus, which are the Northern lights unless he's confused, but it's supposed to be. They call it here in this article in the Holy Growl of Skywatching. Yeah, I guess it would be beautiful dancing waves of light that have captured people, captivated people from millennia. It's incredible. Energized particles from the Sun slam into the Earth's upper atmosphere at speeds of seventy two million kilometers an hour, but our earth magnetic field protects us from the onsort, so it's a battle going on up there that creates that. I may the light show that you see cosmic beauty, cosmic beauty. I'd love to go on that. However, that isn't really that's an amazing wedding present. I've never heard of anything like that.
Speaker 4: The highlight for our wedding was a year old dish from my auntie, which we still use. Yeah, seven years on.
Speaker 3: I love the thought behind it, where people think, do you know what really helped them and sustain all the ups and downs of a relationship and a marriage is a casserot dish because when.
Speaker 4: Things get tough in marriage, a good castle bring you back to Actually.
Speaker 3: It's true, a hearty meal there's been slow braised beef will bring any kind of relationship back together again. Patsy good manned wedding gifts.
Speaker 2: I can go better than that. Check My Chris's eldest brother is such a tight world. They were moving to the UK at our wedding, so you know, I didn't have a lot of money. They've got like four or five kids. Bought us six tea tales it's the six as well, six Tea towls.
Speaker 3: Six the price of five or that is a sub ten bucks, the.
Speaker 2: Nice A dares ones, you know, like oh yeah yeah. And then my eldest brother when he got married to his wife. Back ages ago, people remember when you went to the supermarket sometimes they'd have promotions where you know, if you spent twenty bucks, you get a stamp.
Speaker 3: All right. It was just during the war partsy Russians and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, and you'd you know, collect like a cuddleery set or a crockery set. Yeah, and they got like a sixteen piece crockery set which was from Safeway at the time.
Speaker 3: What regifted it to you? No, not to me.
Speaker 2: No, this was my eldest brother for his wedding. Someone bought that for him.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cheap. We also have a cheap family.
Speaker 3: The Christian Connell Show podcast Belinda, Yes, Hi, how are you? I'm good Belinda. So the wedding gift, what was what was it you got gifted?
Speaker 10: We would my husband and I would describe it as the upper middle Bogan pack.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 10: So inside it it had a bottle of Bacardi a bottle of Jack Daniels. At the time, we were smoking, so it had a poucher tobacco and had the filters that he used and the filters that I used. It also had chocolate coated licorice logs.
Speaker 3: You might as well call it early death.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was the coping mechanism for the both of us.
Speaker 3: I think, wow, we I mean that is someone who's literally just gone to a thirsty came on the way there, they got.
Speaker 10: Some and I honestly would have to say that was probably the most thoughtful gift and was true to us at the time.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: And also tobacco in a pouch. H are you chewing it like cowboys on the West.
Speaker 10: And it had a cigarette rolling machine in it as well.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's quite the care. Quite the case. It was.
Speaker 10: Your husband and wife needs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that in the casserole dish be Linda, thank you very much for cool the worry. Thank you, it's Glenda, Good morning, morning, Glenda. So bad wedding gift.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dragon mother in law gave up to used cans mixed Master cake mixer that the even the white bowl had a big cracking it. But the best thing was she brought herself a new one.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a table full of new stuff that will buy, you know, like before you get married. And she would go through her draws and put her old stuff and take our new stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, Glenda, you described her as the dragon. Yes, it's the relationship over or She's obviously.
Speaker 5: Not going to hear about this, don't She won't hear about it unless I go to hell?
Speaker 3: What this is unbelievable, scenes, Glender.
Speaker 5: She was amazing, She was all right. She was just a bit weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, all those contestants on a reality show. They edited it to say that editors never mind. So she no longer with us, Glend?
Speaker 5: Does she she's dead?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm not going to open up a cold case on this. She's dead. She's passed on. She's gone to the other side Rainbow.
Speaker 5: Bridge, nothing like that, demmed the witches, all right, don't you join it?
Speaker 3: Women of a parlor? Don't they heard there on news? Taking easy? Something about that? Glinda, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Thanks clean, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Tornado not going on there, Kate, good morning, good morning, good morning, Kate. Bad wedding gift.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so I'm married a palm at Yorkshiremen and we know they are. Yes, And six of his mates came over for the wedding and they traveled around Australia first, and they gave us the sc that they'd bought while they traveled around Australia.
Speaker 3: Heavy used one.
Speaker 4: You got to wear them in.
Speaker 5: I don't think that even wiped it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a great one, Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: Christian know Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just had a time waste. Do you know what lady fingers are?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Is that like a finger bun?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I scratched that one. No comedy coming out Lady fingers? Excuse me? Pat Benata all fine, I'm gold one O four point three. Christian O'Connell's show. Some amazing stories coming through about bad wedding gifts. That's right running down now, the role of bad wedding gifts. We've heard from you guys so far.
Speaker 4: Jack, We've got Patsy's six tee tawels, we got what they described as the Bogan starter pack, Bacardi, Jack Daniels tobacco and a cigarette roller, used cake mixer and the used eski.
Speaker 3: The cake mixer had a crack in the bowl as well. Let's not forget uh squeeze a few more in before than news. Janette, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, freaking convict.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for giving us a girl. Where have you come from?
Speaker 6: Uh talk pet radio?
Speaker 3: Oh I to three W We got one over, very hard to get one of theirs. Very they hang on dearly to them. But thank you very much for giving us a go.
Speaker 13: That's okay.
Speaker 6: Now my husband bought his brother a trip coffee maker, so he's wedding and about five years later we got it.
Speaker 5: That's rowady.
Speaker 3: You hear about this and I thought it something from an old fashioned sitcom, right, But you're saying this actually happened his brother.
Speaker 13: I'd understand the reboat friend, but it was his brother.
Speaker 3: That is incredible, isn't it. Some people think that they can just pull this off as well. Is remarkable.
Speaker 4: Had it been used on just gathering dust in the cupboard somewhere?
Speaker 6: I think gathering dust because it was turky.
Speaker 5: I don't think they ever opened them.
Speaker 7: I don't even drink coffee.
Speaker 3: Jeannette, that's a great one. Thank you very much for giving us a call. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: No worries great effort.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I saw that. My dad used to say when it came last in a race, at least you tried Christian a little bit on the head for the old want to be DJ A lovely little great effort. That thing you do in the morning is I hate.
Speaker 4: Tina.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Tina, Good morning guys. How are you doing great efforts around Tina? Tina?
Speaker 16: Bad wedding gift, bad wedding gift.
Speaker 10: Yees.
Speaker 16: So the day after our wedding, we were opening up our gifts and it was a beautiful crockery set and in it was the wedding card, which was gifted to the couple that gave.
Speaker 1: It to us.
Speaker 3: That's worse. That's even worse. Did you say anything?
Speaker 16: No, No, I didn't say a word.
Speaker 5: I yeah, I passed to.
Speaker 3: Call up a radio show broadcast two thousands.
Speaker 4: And then, Tina, when you're writing the thank you card, do you write it to that couple couple who gave the original gift.
Speaker 16: Well, we actually wrote it to both couples.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should. Yeah, that's a great one. Thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 16: Have a good weekend, comedian.
Speaker 3: It's not fireworks watching on the Northern Guys' Participation Certificate for all the producers as well today Andrea, Yes, yes, morning morning. I think since we heard about that dragon of a mother ruld, there's been a curse a hex but on this show, Andrea, a bad wedding gift.
Speaker 12: Yes, we had my ex husband and I had a MYS gift registry, so we had put on that we wanted DVD box sets and we wanted Indiana Jones and a few others.
Speaker 3: Blockbusters out of the Back or something. I love that that. Normally it's like stuff for the home a box set.
Speaker 12: Great, well why not, Well we got them from We did get them from both of his brothers, but they were bootleg from Bali.
Speaker 3: Andrew. Thank you very much, a Cole. Have a nice weekend you too, both, great guys.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Another great price today and this is why we are putting them in in their hordes from three the moment we said this week meat Trey the old three w wears. So the meat tray did you say meat tray, And that's why we're bringing.
Speaker 4: Them ray tune, Am Tom.
Speaker 3: That's right, the meat trays bringing them over Kenny's Meats, the home of the Low and Slow barbecue Meats, robs and sauces in Victoria. Two hundred and fifty dollars voucher for Kelly's Meats. That's on today's time waster. And what a day today? It's a National Cookie Day. Who doesn't love a lovely cookie.
Speaker 4: I've been chowing down on a thing called lactation cookies.
Speaker 3: Actually, say your wife is making the left over breast milk.
Speaker 4: They're delicious. No, no, they're not made. They're made to bring on the breast milk, so they encourage the breast milk. They're not made from breast milks.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I know you've got a lot of time to cook at the moment, so it just using leftovers. I never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, friends of ours baked them for us and we even asked for another. Try to bring on the breast milk. I don't know, but they just taste like a normal cookie. To me, it tastes like a normal cookie.
Speaker 3: You can find yourself lactating afterwards, milk chuck a few more s. You can squeeze off a bit to help the anchor out with the load. Al Right, on National Cookie Day, some cookie facts before we get into Okay, why not the average person eats thirty five thousand cookies in their lifetime? I reckon, that's right. How many reckon you do in a year? Six ten? No, it doesn't add up.
Speaker 4: No, you do maybe maybe one hundred a year, hundred a.
Speaker 3: Year, ten a month. That's a lot of breast cookies.
Speaker 4: You'll have in Yeah, but even so, you're not getting anywhere near thirty five thousand.
Speaker 3: Let's make up facts producers on a Friday. I think we're not going to notice ninety five point two percent of households consumed cookies. Who are the miserable three point eight percent?
Speaker 4: I don't remember entering that one on the.
Speaker 3: All right, so today on National Cookie Day, the time waster is bakery bands. Okay, who's on stage at bait Fest? Oh, it's a boy band up there? Who is it? Cake?
Speaker 4: Fat Silver?
Speaker 3: Don't get any better? Now there's a DJ coming on stage to remix some chunes.
Speaker 4: What he remixing?
Speaker 3: Hey, David Boguetta, that's.
Speaker 4: Actually very good French sticker forget and he's French?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, oh yes, la la, oh hang a minute, I don't know the man I can hear the song Raspuccin lover of the Russian Cream. That's right, it's Scony m Gold, thirty seconds to Mars, great band, right, God, I love thirty seconds to mass about thirty seconds to Baker's delight. We're almost there, Daddy from so lightly so not a good effort, is it. There's a rapper up there, that's it's cream puff Daddy Silk. That's a gold. That's a gold. And another rapper up there, one of the world's greatest rappers, Vanina Slice, Slice face silver. I'm done? What have you got them? Bakery bands? She's on stage at bake Facet.
Speaker 4: The next band coming out will keep us regular. It's Arcade Fiber.
Speaker 3: Silver, the Grateful Bread silver. These are functional.
Speaker 4: Babtis shall we?
Speaker 3: Oh No, that's gold. That's smart.
Speaker 4: Babcurry is like orange rod.
Speaker 3: It's an orangesting. It's very nice, fancy one that But after a minute, I just saw one of the team out there raise their hand. Is that one of yours?
Speaker 1: Or not?
Speaker 3: Have you been taking start? And so we've got a Bernie topping out there.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I do their just because they get so excited. Is that why decided to submit the way.
Speaker 3: You're quite happy to take that gold. Perry Gold for Perry, bringing.
Speaker 4: On back this stuff like on my own style, well.
Speaker 3: Done, freshy bait, lactating Bickies.
Speaker 4: Lophi alice Bexter.
Speaker 3: That's gold. That's good.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carls show podcast.
Speaker 3: On National Cookie Day. We're looking for your bakery bands. Jack, you're ready to mark new kids on the snop block Silver plus, but Amy, Chris kas Horn Gold, Elvis Gone Gold, Backstreet b Claba Bronze Cookies and Cream Day Gold. That's very smart, dost go, well done, you too tough cookies.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you made them old plus.
Speaker 3: My name is Meir, I'm ten years old and this is my time, wister. I got a feeling there's a lot of adults doing this these days because we're very generous. We are generous, all right, Mia twenty nine, Kate Street Boys for a ten year old, ten year old, Gold, Legit ten year Old for grown Up twenty one, Silver and Sea Cow Lady, Powderfinger, Bronz, Yeah, Pink by eighty two Silver, Notorious Pie Gold, great name for Pie place right, Yeasty Boys Gold, Judas Yeast Gold. Yeast one's coming through now, Blink Mummy two cookies, Go go LUs, Come on, Matthew, that's very good. Thick Flan Morrison Silver so mixer lot going to mix up the old batter some Paul and Coop. We run match Box four and twenty Gold. That's very good, Lauren, daft chunk took a chunk out of these cookies. Adam Pearl Jam Donut Bronze, Philo Collins Silver plus. All right, who is winning the meat Troy Jack.
Speaker 4: Let's give it to matchboxs four and twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lauren, that's you, well done. Carla brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian O'carls show podcast.
Speaker 3: I got an email from one of you yesterday who is a very nervous flyer who wants to go on holiday and want to know how on earth did I get my seventeen year old daughter on a very very long flight from Melbourne to Darwin and then then from Darwin to London and then back again nine days later. I'll tell you actually how we were always very quick to sort of moan about bad service. We flew Quantus right, and this isn't a plug for them because they gave me discount of tickets orthough I would have really, I could have really done them, because that trip to London has financially ruined me. If you hear me doing a lot of voiceover work, don't judge me. We've all got a pay bills, okay, But I have to say there were two the whole staff from Quantas. My wife told them and said, look, our daughter's really nervous when we were checking in, and they were amazing. They actually made the difference. There's a limit sometimes a parent where you just keep saying the same thing and it becomes a blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. And right up until guys, like an hour beforehand, Ruby was saying, I just don't think I can do it, and I could see it. She was terrifying. You know when when you're actually really scared, you've gone. There's part of you that's gone and you're trying to reason with someone and that reasoning part of them has just gone. They're just terrified and it's a big ass. If you're really nervous about getting on a plane to go, well, how about getting a one for twenty three hours. It's a lot. So anyway, the staff were so good that came over there reassured her. The one of the captains came over. I didn't know they are four on big long flights. Because it's such a long flight, they are afording pints. When the pilots came over, said what is it you're really nervous about? Can I reassure you about what it is? It's the turbulance. I think are going to die. And he said, right, okay, this is actually what happens to turbulance. And because it was a pilot and he's there on his big uniform as better than coming from Dave, it isn't Dad Hills sister guy plays nickelback for living going. I think it's something to do with birds sleeping on the wings and then sort of jumping up and down mucking around. They actually made the difference, and there were two staff members I must thank. One of them was called Irena who who actually bizarrely had been trained. She's done a course recently in how to help people with nervous flies. She was incredible, and the league called Edwina. They actually, you know when you are you get services above and beyond where they really didn't need to do that, but they actually made the difference. I wish I could claim and say it was me. Was actually very little to do with me. They made a difference. So the one thing I would recommend if you are a nervous fly right and you could try hypnotherapy. But let the people know when you're checking in. We actually want to help each other out. You just need to invite someone sometimes to say, hey, listen, I'm a bit nervous. People would to go all right, okay, what is it you're nervous about? So please go and fly. It's great to be able to fly again. Don't let the fear and make the world too small like it's been for the last two years. All right, next week's show. Are we all aware? A week Sunday? Mother's Day?
Speaker 4: It's the first one in our house.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, a double one. Get it right?
Speaker 1: What I do?
Speaker 2: Paverything?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 4: It's Gordon's mom.
Speaker 3: But what's he going to do? He's six weeks out. He come go and get some vouchers from a dad.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to celebrate her first Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I get the feeling you're excited for someone to treat you and to see what Gordon is going to do. Have you got some ideas about what you are going to do?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't. But it's a week away, so I feel like there's plenty of time.
Speaker 3: Tell me one thing you might want to think about. It's get me the script. It's a voucher for bing Lee.
Speaker 4: I had been thinking about that.
Speaker 3: Do it, please, do it? Get goding to go online today. It's very easy to do, even a six weeks old baby. He can't control his bowels at the moment. Next week, every single day we are giving you one thousand dollars to spend at bing Lee. Now we need your help. The game is called That's My Mum. If you're driving around in the morning, right guys, and you heard like a you know, a short clip out of nowhere of your mom, but you didn't know what was your mom. We're just saying, hey, is this your mom? If it is and you call in and go, yes, that's my mum and it is your mom, you win a thousand dollars femal to spend at Bingley. Do you think you would recognize that a couple of seconds of your mum?
Speaker 4: No, Because one time Hamish and Andy brought my mom on as a prank. On the radio show. You didn't recognize itcognized it was my mom. She was on the phone.
Speaker 3: I know, Rich Slow sometimes is a strange woman. Your notice is a bit like mine.
Speaker 4: You didn't recognize recognized her voice.
Speaker 3: I hope you're never the witness and a key cry. Patsy, would you recognize your mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Now the producer's got a couple of famous moms here. Enjoy it because when you're growing up, you'll have that. They carry yourself. Patsy from six this morning, actually, when she had put those coffees. For some reason, they do love putting any clips on the Brady Bunch. I don't know if it's to help out the three w listeners who are migrating over at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh sweetheart, everybody cares, and I'll bet you you're a baseball card.
Speaker 9: You can't guess who cares the most.
Speaker 3: Jack's getting the horn for this now. He told me I had a huge crush on her.
Speaker 4: I had an unhealthy obsession, not in a sexual way, just I love the show so much of the so much so that as a punishment, my mum would say, like, if you're bad, you won't be able to watch the Brady Bunch.
Speaker 3: We're turning that Brady tap next week. I want to know what what was your unhealthy sessions? Something innocent? Why are you calling it unhealthy?
Speaker 4: Every other Ninja, Turtles, the Simpsons, But I really.
Speaker 3: Are getting rocks off to old Brady Echo. We're sending this to you to enjoy over the weekend and a quiet moment alone. Carry everybody cares it was platonic, and I'll Beggie, you're a baseball card. You can't get you turn us a scene. We don't need to know a show anyway. The reading for this break will to say, moms, we need you to call us today, well not today actually now, everybody help because we'll be gone within the hour. No four one four one o four three Moms. We simply need you to call the show so we can have moms to play out next week, to play that's my mum. Jack yesterday is very worried that we could be to afforded with this game that moms are going to tell.
Speaker 4: No cheating moms. If we record your voice and we play you out next week, don't ruin it by cheating, Jack.
Speaker 3: Please cheat, because then you cheat, way cheat. It's called please cheat. That's my mom. It's okay, all right, moms, give us a call. Cool out for all you mummas. Jack wants your numbers, especially with it like Carol Brady
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast