Speaker 1: Iihart podcasts, hem More, Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: I am super excited about the guests that we have on the Pickup right now. Michael Theo. Now, a lot of you might remember he was a bit of a breakout star on the ABC show Love on the Spectrum a few years ago, and that's where we were first introduced to him. Now we've spoken to Michael a few times on the pick Up, and we've also spoken to him on our podcast, Life Uncut podcast, so we're a big fan. But now Michael has been nominated for a Logie for Best Actor in a Comedy Drama in the new show that he's in Austin. Now Austin is like a comedy drama on the ABC. It's an incredible show. And to see Michael Hope from when we first met him on our screens to now I've been nominated for a LOGI is absolutely incredible. Michael, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you ladies. It's a pleasure to be on your show again.
Speaker 1: I got so nice to talk to you. It's been so long. I remember when we interviewed you on Life on cart would have been gosh, like maybe five years ago now four years ago, and you said at the time that we asked, what's the next thing after love on the spectrum for you? And you said you really wanted to get into acting, And now not only did you get into acting, now you're nominated for a LOGI what's it been like being in the series one so far? And I know you guys have finished season two, Like, what's this experience been like for you?
Speaker 3: Loved every day of it because it was such a wonderful project for me to work on with such amazing people as well. Basically loved every moment of the first season and it felt like that I was in a different world.
Speaker 2: For people that might not have seen Austin yet. Can you just tell us what it's about.
Speaker 3: It's about a children's book author Julian Hartswood who gets canceled and discovers that he has a newer diverse son named Austin, who begins to see as his path to redemption.
Speaker 1: One thing that I think is so amazing this Michael, is like, obviously Austin, who is in the show, is neurodiverse. How important to you is it that people as in when there's a role that becomes available for someone in an acting role where the character is neurodiverse, that it's actually played by someone who has that in real life.
Speaker 3: I believe it's extremely important because the portrayal is more authentic that way, and because that character could possibly reflect on lived experiences of the actor.
Speaker 1: You know what I love. I love that you had a goal and you set out your ambition and then you in the last few Yeah, I mean, I really I would love to dig up that audio because I loved how much and how excited you were about the possibility of getting into acting, and I think it's just so inspirational what you have achieved. You've got the logis this weekend. Who are you taking to the Logis with you? What are you most excited about.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid I can't take anyone.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no date for the logies.
Speaker 3: No, I'm afraid not. But also, if I was able to take someone, I would have taken my mother because I promised her age ago that I would bring her because she's been a huge supporter of this during since the very beginning five years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I'm going to be there, Michael, so I'll have to definitely say hello to you on the Red Carpet, but before we were Laura.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming this year, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: No, I'm up for like interesting.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Michael. You don't have to feel sorry for me. I'm just not going. I've got nine weeks until I'm having a baby. I didn't want to squeeze into a dress.
Speaker 2: Hey, Michael, you you are up against your on screen dad for the logan Ben Miller.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: Like, do you feel like that's tough competition? Do you feel like he could win? Could you win?
Speaker 3: I don't know about how tough the competition is. I am hopeful to win the LOGI, but there's no guarantee that it will happen. I just go to see what happens.
Speaker 1: Who are you most excited to see at the logis or who do you hope you bump into.
Speaker 3: I must excited to see Keith Flannagan because I'd love to meet her and I love her performances in Fisk and Utopia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly who will be there, but I've heard that Justin Clark will be there. I'm excited to see her again, and I'm hoping to make Julia Zamiro's acquaintance.
Speaker 1: Well, Michael, we are all rooting for you. We do hope that you win this weekend, and we're so excited for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure you say hey to me on the red carpet. I'm looking forward to seeing you and I really hope you win.
Speaker 3: Not a problem. And also people should know that with Austin season two, all the episodes are on iView now. People have four days left until voting closes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so get your voting right now if you're listening.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, Michael, and we're so excited for you, and we do hope that you win, and for anyone who wants to watch it. Season two of Austin is now available in ABC and iView