Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 2: You must have just been bombarded with so many lovely messages.
Speaker 5: It was overwhelming, honestly to get to read so much support and love and thank you to everybody who sent a message. But the overwhelming thing that was put on the end of every message is I congratulations, well done. What are you going to do next? And it was a really confronting question to see come up time and time again, because why does anyone believe me that I don't know what's coming next?
Speaker 2: Because often when people in this industry say there's nothing lined up, they have something lined up, you know. But you're the only person I've ever known in my whole life on this planet who actually Jenny, because even you said to me, hey, he probably just doesn't feel comfortable telling you, but he's got some and I went, you don't know, this.
Speaker 1: Can seriously gone.
Speaker 2: I've looked into his eyes and as always, there's nothing there.
Speaker 1: There's nothing lined up. He's going to vibe out.
Speaker 5: Some people were saying it to me like secretly, like secretively, Hey, what you can tell me? We're done? I won't tell anyone what you got lined up? Oh no nothing, Monday body will come and I'll sleep in.
Speaker 1: So how how did you actually seriously have you found it unsettling? I have?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I found it too too much emotional overwhelmed yesterday and I felt the love and I felt the support, but at some point it just gets I was just confused by you know, like actually like confused, like what happened yesterday? What's happened over this last week? And what is going to happen Monday morning? Even Ruby, your daughter is in the studio today and she looked at me and said, what are you going to do next Monday?
Speaker 1: One question more than hey, you've had an amazing seven years, like who need who leaves to nothing?
Speaker 5: And there is no itinery plan for next week at all? And that's the idea. The idea is to create space. I honestly feel like I need whether it's days, weeks, months, whatever it is, I need space.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're dead right, because actually working forum three hours out of a twenty four hour day.
Speaker 1: You've only had twenty one hours as space. We work out what percentage of Jack's day it has been space in a three hour day. The dude gets her at quarter six and leaves her eight point fifty eight. That's not enough space. What job is it you're going to go to next you go? It needs to be sub three hours, guys, Hey, Era Musk, I can't do more. I need space.
Speaker 5: I feel like I need one hundred percent space.
Speaker 1: I just said to Jack.
Speaker 2: I just said to him, Hey, do you know what Why don't you use in voluntary working with this?
Speaker 1: He actually yawned in my face.
Speaker 5: Room anything, anything's possible.
Speaker 1: Where is volunteer Jack at the homeless shelter? Again? He just needs space.
Speaker 5: Anything's possible. I don't know. I feel like I get to Friday say goodbye to you guys, like it's going to be such an emotional week. I no doubt tears are coming as we get to the end of the week on Friday. And so when I have passed that, when I've said goodbye to you, when I drive out of the radio station for the last time, that's when I'll think what should I do next?
Speaker 1: I'm suddenly going to hear that Tessa turn around and go do you know what opposite?
Speaker 5: Some crazy things?
Speaker 1: Pranks over Now, I'll see you Monday, six am.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to work out what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Jack announced yesterday he's leaving the show this Friday, and obviously we're now pulling apart the hole. There's nothing to go to. We've not had a fall out. The show is number one. There's a big bright future for Jack on the show. But he's still done a very courageous decision. Actually, and in all Symers just you have had for quite a while a calling that actually this was never going to be forever.
Speaker 5: Actually, and I understand why people are shocked or surprised by it, because ease hard to articulate that you just feel something deep down that you can't even properly put into words, that something is telling you that it's time to move on. There's something else, there's another adventure for me. I don't know what it is, but I've got to find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll find out on time.
Speaker 2: And there is And actually people do have these callings and intuitions, but most people taught themselves out of it. I can't because of x y Z. But actually you can. I think because of your unique way you live life through not spending a cent a year and only having like half a bait being a day in your full up. I think, actually, I actually think you're a secret millionaire and that's why you can quite easy go figure it out and actually do you know what you will?
Speaker 5: I just feel like I know you don't know whereas everybody around me paddings.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't worry at all because even my wife Sarah, when you worried about when no, no, no, he's going to be okay. You know why he's always been okay. Before I called you out of the blue, you had no job lighted up in radio. You told me you were just looking for a job what office administrator? Thank god they didn't get Jacky.
Speaker 5: I honestly so, I have done this in a way before Andy. We left twenty seventeen, we.
Speaker 1: Let the biggest radio show in Australia.
Speaker 5: We stopped daily Radio. I knew they were going to a once a week podcast, but other than that, I had no idea what I was going to do. And within a month I got a call from you on.
Speaker 2: England going, hey remember me. We met a couple of years ago, do you want a job? And it was like, yeah, right.
Speaker 5: Thumbs up, Universe, thank you for that free kick. And now I'm just opening myself up to whatever the universe has in stored.
Speaker 2: Next, I got a message yesterday from your old boss and Hamish Fandy's old boss, and he heard yesterday's show and he runs a big radio arrival radio station to us here in Melbourne, and he said, this is a one hundred percent jack Post move to go to nothing.
Speaker 1: Never seen it before, never see it again in a lifetime, but it's the uniqueness of you, Jackie Board.
Speaker 2: And do you know what you will thrive the next thing. I've got no doubt you will.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys, I actually remember this is it for anyone who listened to me? And he was known as Grumpy Day. Yes, he was my first proper boss because working on Hamshodny was my first full time job. I've never worked in anything full time other than and he said full time.
Speaker 2: That was a show that was two hours a day, and so now full time four till six with the last hours repeated.
Speaker 1: You told me once they could even stretch for three hours.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine what it's like going from two hours a day to three hours a day, which we do here now. My mom was float but I do remember a grumpy day of sitting me down and go have you thought this through? Do you? Are you sure you don't want to work anywhere else in the radio station? I said no, I'll just see. I feel like I'll land on my feet somewhere else. And then I got the call for it.
Speaker 1: You will, honestly, you'll be great.
Speaker 2: Chat whatever the next thing is that you find it when it's right for you, it would be great now, Patsy, you Monday winner, a loser? How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 1: So funny?
Speaker 6: I'm a loser, but a funny loser. So I went yesterday for a spray TND and when it's a bit colder, I just go the hub.
Speaker 2: Loo natural spray turn this tumming you as well as it's wintertime. If people are rugging up, see someone with a mahogany hugh who is whiter than white?
Speaker 1: You know why have weerribee?
Speaker 5: That just makes me see record minus four agree cold.
Speaker 7: Stream this morning?
Speaker 6: But that's why I get it makes me feel warmer and brighter and happier. Yeah, you know it just puts a good mask on your skin. Anyway, So I wait, yesterday, I get the half price option when it's cold, so I get you can get a half body tanned.
Speaker 1: Was that just a front top half?
Speaker 6: So it's normally from like your hips down, so your legs and then kind of like your chest up, so the bits you sea essentially just.
Speaker 1: Not You've got like a white band around your stomach.
Speaker 5: I thought you just meant half strength.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 6: You know, half as in area of your body.
Speaker 1: Because I just don't worry about the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean you're not showing your sort of middle bit in this weather, especially.
Speaker 5: So I must be.
Speaker 1: When you get into your husband.
Speaker 5: Chris doesn't laugh at her.
Speaker 6: But anyway, so I I copped it.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: I copped a new girl yesterday and I said, hey, listen, I'm just going to go the heart ten today. And she goes no worries, but she misunderstood she was new, she hadn't done one before, so she.
Speaker 2: Started face and hands please, I think wants a bogan tan this offer.
Speaker 6: But she started from the top of my head and just went down one side of my body, So.
Speaker 5: You're actually two faced from batman.
Speaker 1: You are you know what you're going to do one of those one man shows. Now two different characters what she was doing.
Speaker 6: And then she went to put the gun back, this bray gun back and I said, oh, you got into the other side, and she said, but you wanted half a body, and I see.
Speaker 5: You so funny even it up. So by the time she did the other side. Now do you have a scene down the middle?
Speaker 1: Join like a factory doll. The mold was.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian and now this image of soon to be retired Jack Post and it's three odds on Gordy fighting over the TV remote control.
Speaker 1: Next week Shane and Sydney. You've seen in the future. It's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Daytime TV and back to back episodes of Blue Can we watch another? And Goody Go No Dad, It's time to get.
Speaker 1: You down too.
Speaker 2: Center link Christian Morning, Christian hearing Jack's news shocked. However, is this an opportunity? Why not use tomorrow the show to run replacement auditions, announce replacement Thursday. Replacement starts Friday. My other version of Like My Day Yesterday was people waiting no time to apply for your jobs? I am. I had CVS resumes. So many people with no radio.
Speaker 1: Experience where obviously they think that's how highly regarded Jack was. Well, I've got no RED experience, but I can do what he did. I can come straight in from driving this bus to being where you need me. Oh see, I'm there next Monday.
Speaker 5: I can't be. People didn't even wait in there goodbye message. They were also parlaying that within a sentence to Hey I'm.
Speaker 1: Available, Christian.
Speaker 2: I want to thank Jack because he was the one who recommended Does the Dog Die? And now I use it all the time for any TV shows or movies. We're watching it with the kids. I also remember a back when the show started, he was trying to make a thing called star Cards happen?
Speaker 1: Is there any update?
Speaker 2: Has he secretly been making a fortuneless side and just not shared it with you?
Speaker 5: What star I can't remember both of those I had forgotten about Does the Dog Die? That's a website you can go to to see if it's going to be too sad to watch the movie or not. And then Star Cards. I can't believe you don't remember. It was my first gift to the show. I bought him this game of It was a board game ahead of Margaret and David at the movies one of and they had these things called star cards where you would simply go the movie is from in nineteen ninety seven starring Keanu Reeves. What's the movie? And you go the matrix and we made a game out of Have you still got the Star Cards? I keep thinking of it because that board game is still sitting on a shelf.
Speaker 2: Bring back the star cards, Christian reassured at this says a lovely message from Tim Christian. I quit my job almost three years ago as a cabinet maker, did nothing for two months, applied for a couple of jobs, then decided to start my own cabinet making business. It's thriving right now. Had no client base, nothing, just headfirst into the unknown and it's gone so well.
Speaker 1: Tim, lovely message.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This is hearing non Patsy sports news there. There's no other major sporting code in any other country that would be okay. We're conducting crisis talks in a pub.
Speaker 1: Did you hear Patsy in the sports news there?
Speaker 2: How Andrewdan and Laura Kane met with a couple of coaches to have these crisis talks right about the coaching crisis in a.
Speaker 1: In a North Melbourne pub. Why can't you go to like the mcg or boardroom, a high level tracks of a billion dollar league and it's in a North Melbourne pub? Are they there going? Can you just turn the music now? It's trivia and I guys, crisis talks. It's ironic.
Speaker 2: Let's own it, guys, Christis talks in a North Melbourne bub All right, time for this week's small thing, big rage where you ran to off about the small thing that gets your gears grinded.
Speaker 1: Small things, all.
Speaker 2: Right, kick us off this morning, small thing, big rage. You can book a restaurant so easy now right, and you can modify it very easy, and you can cancel it until if you're trying to counsel like the night or the morning off and they make you do that really irritating thing.
Speaker 1: They speak to you like a child going speeds.
Speaker 2: Are grown up and account for yourself a while, and now suddenly you don't fancy going for lunch or dinner. Plus you try and speak to any human when you call that number L eighteen options, they push you to the website the.
Speaker 1: Social media account. They don't want to hear from us. It takes like ten minutes. Then you got to speak to.
Speaker 2: An audult and you go, oh, listen, we can't make it to then, and they go, okay, you know what you're doing here. It's childish, just booking stuff and then cancing the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're happy with yourself?
Speaker 5: Is the prank? Your friends there and speak of pie.
Speaker 6: And you just try to do the right thing like fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just circumstances changed. Why can't I just modify it?
Speaker 2: They don't like it. There's a there must be a set timer.
Speaker 1: When it goes.
Speaker 2: You need to call the restaurant today, and then you speak to another ground about how bad you've been. Right now, jackie boy, what's your small thing?
Speaker 1: Big range?
Speaker 5: The small thing is a magazine rack that lives in our house, which I hate. We don't read magazines at home, we don't collect magazines, but for some reason we have this vintage, antiquey looking.
Speaker 1: Man those ones you mean, is it brassy?
Speaker 5: Brassy? Heavy? Sits on the floor, doesn't really have a proper space in the home.
Speaker 1: So what's in it room?
Speaker 5: Some magazines we had maybe ten years ago, like interiors.
Speaker 2: But your hipsters, so there's always like interior magazines in those in your homes.
Speaker 5: We honestly we never read them, or it does is just get moved room to room when it gets in the way. Somehow made it into our bedroom. And on Saturday night, I'm getting up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet. I stub my toe on the edge of Oh my god, I was. I couldn't believe the pain. For a while. I actually thought I had food poisoning because my body went into that fever stuff.
Speaker 1: It starts that toe and now I think it's now really bad.
Speaker 5: I was, I was.
Speaker 1: Trimble zero.
Speaker 5: I know it's hard to believe.
Speaker 1: I must get my affairs in order. I'm just gonna record this for Gordon if you can, if you could hear my words Gordon that he hasn't made it.
Speaker 5: I know it's hard to believe.
Speaker 1: I was started by towing a periodical of country living homes and interiors.
Speaker 5: I actually got ready to throw up into it was so bad.
Speaker 1: This is the man who can't cover the three hour day.
Speaker 5: I honestly had a fever type fever now.
Speaker 1: As well, my body shutting down. Dear diary. This is the last day for me. Jackie is done in perats. What's it for you? Small things?
Speaker 6: My small thing this week? I went to the fridge last night, really thirsty. We have a cordial jug right that everyone helps themselves to and the expectation is that when it's empty, and if you find it empty or like you empty it, you are expected to refill it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some weak lemon cordial squash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's delicious, but no one else.
Speaker 1: No one's retopping it because it's rank.
Speaker 6: No, they're all drinking it, but they're not topping it up. And that job is mine. And so I can't have a nice cool drink because no one else has been considerate enough.
Speaker 1: Suddenly ravish by needs in this cold weather cold cord rebuild it sub temperatures or a nice ice cold cordial weak lemon barley due to do me right now? Oh, you guys don't like this.
Speaker 6: It's like the toilet roll equivalent tosh. You need to replenish it.
Speaker 1: It's not no, I know should require cordial.
Speaker 5: During COVID there was no cordials shortage, and that tells you what flavor.
Speaker 1: Let me guess raspberry.
Speaker 6: No, it was fruit cup actually.
Speaker 1: Daily dose of fruit in one delicious cordial cup. All right, small thing, big rage? What's it for you?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Small Thing, Big Rage, Christians slow walkers that you can't pass it?
Speaker 1: Did rise me? Insane? I get that, Jason Stath and movie rage. Well, I will follow you to your house and unleashall for ninety two minutes of movie greatness.
Speaker 2: So walkers you can't pass. In Worse than that, people are walking on a footpath with their friends and won't merge into a single line.
Speaker 1: You're right, they're like eight deep, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Or the infuriating Christian I've got a small thing, big rage.
Speaker 1: I want to highlight.
Speaker 2: Another spoiler by the team, Echoing mister Wolf's notes. As a UK listener, I woke up at four am to drive to work. Before setting off, checked out the latest show podcast, Imagine My Horror to see that although the full podcast wasn't up yet, the mini one of the show Yese have been released with the title Jack Post is leaving. If it doesn't matter, it's not left, He's still here. This was a full three hours off are the full show was released. This makes Patsy's premature announcement with the wind in got Congrie seem like a carry pigeon. In terms of spoilers strong words, please make sure that Rio and or slash Caitlin are suitably admonished for this. I attach a picture as evidenced. Rio, you want to write supply here?
Speaker 7: Why would you not put the most interesting newsworthy part in the headline. That's exactly what the headlines are for.
Speaker 1: I would never bury the lead. That isn't that's true.
Speaker 5: The headline is by nature always a spoiler.
Speaker 8: But it's not.
Speaker 6: It's a teaser. It's a teaser. It leaves you hanging, It makes you want to make He.
Speaker 2: Would have listened to that and then not want to listen to the full thing because I've got it.
Speaker 1: Jack's leaving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, because you'd be like, that's so crazy. Someone wouldn't just leave out of the blue. I've got more questions morning, Yeah, I've got more questions.
Speaker 5: Maybe it should have been more of a teaser.
Speaker 6: Right now, you're like, which member who is leaving?
Speaker 1: I mean, look at Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: He's not putting all the big moments of Mission Impossible in the movie trail. That's what we've done yesterday.
Speaker 1: I saw yesterday by the way, an interview. He plans to keep making movies into his one hundred things on this has he no intention of die because you know he's got that looking as I like, he's going to outlive all future generations. He's immortal. What's it? This can't still be running one hundred and five? What kind of movies? He's never going to be happy. He sat like a stoop out the front of his house, like old man Clint Eastwood was quite happy to live into his old age.
Speaker 5: He's running out of things to hang off everything. There's nothing left to hang from.
Speaker 2: My Johnny and old daughter Ruby is working on today's show. She has a small thing, big rage. It's actually not a small thing though really. But if you've ever had to live in a sharehouse, I'm sure you've got some version of the story, Ruby, What is happening in that sort of.
Speaker 1: Dekenzie in sharehouse?
Speaker 2: So you're living in at the moment and you could come and live at home again at any time, but you'd rather face that kind of hair.
Speaker 9: The Christian o'connal show podcast Infestation in the House and we have a property inspector on the house today and I came home yesterday, like in the evening, and I'd done some cleaning myself in the morning, but no one was home.
Speaker 10: And then I came home and they were both standing in the kitchen. Go to the house, the humans, going, well, now you're here, we can start cleaning. And it was like eight pm at this point, and that was when they started the clean and we sort of opened the drawer where the mouse has been living and it was sitting buried inside an oat package. That's how it's been surviving.
Speaker 1: No, Rent, I'm furious because I'm one of the gre on that place. It's really upsets a small thing, big rage.
Speaker 5: How many do you think you have?
Speaker 10: Honestly, Well, I reckon there's one that's coming out to get the food and then bring it back to its family. It's my theory. But we it had nibbled through the package into the oats and it was just sitting buried with.
Speaker 1: Its head because it's like living in its bed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and just and then we lifted it out and then it just jumped and.
Speaker 1: Ran onto the fridge.
Speaker 10: So it's now it's under the fridge. And then we went and saw the sofa and and there was a semi nest in the sofa. So what's a semi well, just some remnants.
Speaker 1: So have you've seen mouse droppings as well?
Speaker 10: Because yeah, yeah, yeah it.
Speaker 2: You've got to get to Bunnings today, okay and get some traps or is that the.
Speaker 10: The the pest person who's going she's not more organized?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to she needs to do that. Get on with that, Sarah. What's going on? Clock's ticking, it's almost seven o'clock. If you've got him booked in, if you've.
Speaker 5: Got a house inspector to there, you can't have the guy fumigating and.
Speaker 1: He's checking out oak packets on the front garden there.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Morning to Dave going into a servo to pay for tanker petrol and getting to step behind some blow that's disordered. Six takeaway soy cappuccinos. Yes, right now, we want to talk about things you've brought that are game changes.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what's it for you? What are you in love with at the moment?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: What am I in love with the moment? Definitely Hacks. If we're talking about shows, riding to hecks, can't get enough?
Speaker 1: Can you take her?
Speaker 5: With your Friday, he said, the things we've bought headphones.
Speaker 2: You Sirio just came in and Patsy's ready to go with Jack Friday. You know why, you can leave Friday, but take hold mate with you. It said two for one deal.
Speaker 1: As far as I'm concerned, both the people I started with can go. I start getting you know.
Speaker 6: What I got yesterday, and I can't live without it.
Speaker 1: To be honest, that's almost like the question I just asked.
Speaker 6: You know what I can't live without subscription is my slow cooker. Cannot live without it. So the other one.
Speaker 1: I slow radio as well.
Speaker 6: I had used it so much that I had basically broken it, like it had a crack in the bowl because it was I use it like twice a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we use ours a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They are essentially basically it's some you just chuckle the food in and it.
Speaker 6: Makes it for fantastic. It's like there's two little genies in there doing their magic. Well, you go off and do whatever you want, and you come back and you've got this healthy, beautiful in the.
Speaker 1: World is under speed. It's not like it's at the cutting edge of science.
Speaker 2: We're in the world of emerging Ai, you're going a thing that cooks the other day and they've called it a slow cooker.
Speaker 6: But I just couldn't do without it. So it busted at the weekend. I thought, I've actually got to go straight out yesterday and get get a new one because it has to be in the kitchen. It's my favorite object in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they weigh a ton, don't they?
Speaker 11: They ay?
Speaker 1: Are they so effish?
Speaker 2: They are?
Speaker 1: Actually? Do you think you're right? There might be pixies living in it that are actually making several small humans in there because they weighed like one hundred and.
Speaker 6: Twenty kid pottery insert that has to go into it, you know, it's like you need muscles to pull it out. But it's so worthy of it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I brought about a week and a half ago, right, I bought the thing. It's a yellow light machine and I turn it on. It's like someone might have these and it's like ten thousand lumins. I don't even know what lumins are, but it's basically you have it like a slightly it's arm's length and I sit in front of it at ten minutes in the morning and it's supposed to give you like fake sunlight energy coming in. But now I don't know whether it's a pacibo or anything, but it gets me going in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's like a little caffeine shop before I have a coffee in the morning.
Speaker 7: I please tell you something that I just when I spent the night at jack post house, I slept over, and I think Jack wanted a similar situation to you, but didn't want to get didn't want to spend the.
Speaker 1: Money on the special light.
Speaker 7: So Jack just has what I think was just one of those selfie ring lights and said shows he would come out in the morning and just stare into the selfie light.
Speaker 5: That only lasted a very short period of time. And it's just a coincidence that you were there during the period.
Speaker 1: But how was she shut up in front of like a chair.
Speaker 7: It's just in the front living room, so like people still walking past on the morning walk there just see Jack eating this selfie light.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have any special UV. It's just like led but it's not like a bare light bulb in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Did any of those lights really do anything? Because I went to a sauna once that had this little remote for the led lights, and she's liking put red, blue, green, And then she was going through each of them. She was making up stuff that each light did. She's like, you know, red light, they will reduce stress, blue light, they will get you energized, creatively, creatively. And then she goes green light, they'll cure cancer.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she did it wet they get poor old joe By. Didn't that green green light? It's only that simple.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid I've got the diagnosis a big sea. Some just off the bunnings to get some green night bobs. Apparently all right by the end of the month. Now, Ria, what is it you're hoping to have?
Speaker 7: Ever since coming back from Korea, I cannot get the idea out of my mind of getting.
Speaker 1: A heated toilet seat career?
Speaker 7: Is it everywhere in Korea? Even public toilets have heated toilet seats.
Speaker 5: Really, were they definitely heated or are you just going in after somebody get that residual warm?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, no, I am positive they're electric heated toilet seats. So they're not like you know, those fluffy woolen covers your grandma would put on.
Speaker 1: These are hard, don't look. She can hear everything just a slight today though of a minute or two. How's that Hacks working out that seat face?
Speaker 5: State of the art toilet seat.
Speaker 7: And now that we're in cold Melbourne winter, we've got a ceramic toilet seats. So it's a cold, but oh I want you sit in it and your cheeks all the way to the front of your thighs are beautifully.
Speaker 2: Because it's like a car seat now when you warm yourself up like that. But having that at home, especially the hours we get up just to warm you up like a nice nest.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then every day, like twice a day, three times a day. Whatever you've got that little.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a dumb laxative chocolate taste to get to the toilet war.
Speaker 1: Honestly you will. It would change your life.
Speaker 5: It is the only way to live.
Speaker 1: Things that you've bought that are game changes, give us a.
Speaker 4: Call, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Game changing things you've bought Now, obviously, with Jack's announcement yesterday that he's leaving the show this Friday, Nature are bores of our and obviously Rio, Katelyn and just about everybody else in radio around the world are all eyeing up that new available throne. And I don't know, it's me just adding up too many things.
Speaker 1: I don't add that up. But but you said Kaitlyn.
Speaker 2: Has come to it today in a trouser suit. Hey, listen, devil wears prava.
Speaker 1: Have you got the resume to give to me? I see it, I like it, I get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're always on point, looking cool over there, but today it's an agile blaze.
Speaker 1: It's all business. It's move on, get rid of him.
Speaker 12: I just put the jacket on for a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Change, and yeah, change your rights. Yeah, the times are a changing. You're right, the free wheeling Jack Dylan is leaving the show. Now what's the game changing purchase? And you female sidekick?
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, absolutely, I'm here and free him available. No, I bought a squatty potty.
Speaker 1: Take the resume back. I don't know what that is, but I heard potty. So what it is is if you're Henry, that dog that you spoil.
Speaker 12: No, you probably could use it though. It kind of actually helps you to go to the toilet like a dog.
Speaker 5: So you know how they what are you all?
Speaker 1: You're pitching? Actually it's kind of service. I'd get Jackie staring into an influence came, Why did that?
Speaker 2: I'm happy with how I've gone to the toilet all my life. Why do I now look at a dog going do you know? I wish I could just cop wear their go out on the street.
Speaker 5: Or at the local park, just be free.
Speaker 12: No, it's better for number twos, so you only use it for number twos, and it's just for better coalon health essentially, So it puts you at a position when sitting on the toilet so that your colon is sitting at a better angle.
Speaker 5: You like me, It's like a footstool, so your feeder up high and that's right, so you're your needs are almost tucked up to your chest.
Speaker 1: Just prop myself up with a couple of books or stoping.
Speaker 12: Absolutely you don't need to buy one, but they are only eight dollars at aldi.
Speaker 1: So how does it into a better position, like I guess in cave man days?
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 12: So just like you were squatting to go to the toilet if you're out in public, hope in a hidden area for number twos.
Speaker 1: She does live and where it.
Speaker 5: So you were.
Speaker 12: Camping and you had to use a drop toilet or something like that.
Speaker 4: It's for that.
Speaker 2: What's the science and this I'm curious now, so why does the colon prefer that? Why is that better for our digestive tract?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It must go with a certain anty, but you don't know.
Speaker 2: But you brought this thing because it's it's this one of those Instagram videos where it just the algorithm knows that you're a sucker for this kind of stuff.
Speaker 12: It literally says the tagline says fast or more complete bowel movement.
Speaker 5: You're practically making money from the time you save.
Speaker 1: I've never been.
Speaker 2: Late for anything because I'm struggling to go for a number two?
Speaker 1: Where is it he's having problems? To him? Get him that squatty.
Speaker 4: Potty Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, When the Joys listen to your show, you never know what conversation is stumbling into. I've just gone down a black hole this morning online searching squatty potty.
Speaker 1: I've had a look. Basically, it's just a footstool.
Speaker 2: You're using a toilet to give your feet slashed legs in a higher position. And then I start watching YouTube videos. You know you want to No, Maggie, there are so many things I need to get today that isn't demanding my attention honestly.
Speaker 5: Also the phrases going down a wormhole, but probably is more descriptive to say going down a black hole, because it's time wise that you'll never get back.
Speaker 1: All right, we're opening up the lines now.
Speaker 2: You could be winning one thousand dollars during the next hour on the show.
Speaker 1: The most modern phone number you need.
Speaker 2: To get your stories on ear this morning is thirteen fifty five twenty two up first this morning. For me, I think the most awkward situation I could ever be in is if I was round at somebody's house and I accidentally broke something of theirs, or if I broke something in a shop. What happens in either of those two situations for me would be hellish. Breaking something in a shop. You know, sometimes you see those shops, especially if you go out into country Victoria, you know the ones who've got that really neat bell Caang cag and some grumpy old owner comes out at the side room and they just go can I help you? And you go, no, he's having a look round, thanks, And it's uncomfortably.
Speaker 1: Quiet in there.
Speaker 5: You're you're aware of their eyes on you as you move around the store.
Speaker 2: And you so God, you can't leave because again you can't sneak out because you know, clang clang, ring ring, and that belt. But if you broke anything care in there for me, it would just be so uncomfortable. So has anyone ever broken anything round at somebody's house or in a shop?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: I need to know, thirteen fifty five, twenty two. And I know whether it's just the thing that we're chasing at the moment. We did have this idea last week after poor Patsy I really hurt herself, give us some marek concussion falling through and ripping off the shower door, bathroom injuries danger in the bathroom of thirteen fifty five twenty two. And then Jack has got an amazing store about his wife Biancha. This one we're calling close, but no cigar.
Speaker 5: I dropped her at an author's talk on the weekend, and when I went to pick her up, she had lined up for half an hour to get her book signed by the author. But at those things, eventually they have to go to somewhere in the line and say, now, anyone after this point, we can't we don't have time for it. And she was the one where they hit it. They put the arm down in front of her and said, everybody from here backwards has to go.
Speaker 2: Surely the author just wants to keep it going and meat that you eat your customers.
Speaker 5: She had another talk to go to. Oh no, you know you've got an hour, an hour and a half whatever it is of signing books. And then they've gone to Bianka. Thanks but no thanks. Close.
Speaker 1: She must have been gutted queuing up for that long.
Speaker 2: All right, close, but no cigar stories, danger in the bathroom and have you ever broken something in a shop around at somebody's house?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the things you buy that make a difference. I have a mattress lifter. It goes under the mattress, you press a button, it then lifts it up. Makes it easy to change the sheets.
Speaker 1: That is a game change.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the worst job in the house?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Putting the footage sheet of yes, yes, but don't you get those the elasticated ones.
Speaker 5: Up the corner. No, it's so awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I fear that it might have shrunk somehow to in the wash, because even just an inch or millimeters make me say, you have to sort of put a knee. It's like a UFC sort of grappling competition. Whenever you do, it's a it's a. And I now try and work out this technique that I think helps where I do the opposing angles, so I might go bottom left and top Righteah, fit them there. It's when you change a tie almost You're supposed to do that and then go to the other ones top left. If you're playing, you home, probably get a pen right now right, You got it? Well down, play it on.
Speaker 1: You try this next week.
Speaker 2: You can have a lot of time on your hands. I need to find out about the mattress lived there, Heather. That's a great one, all right. Your story's end close. But no cigar, danger in the bathroom, and never broken something in a shop or right at somebody's house. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 1: Jane, Good morning, Good morning, Jane, good morning, and still good morning. Nothing changes, Jane. So you got danger in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yes, I had. This is when I had my baby.
Speaker 13: He was six feets old.
Speaker 3: He's now thirty two, and I had to have a follow up appointment with the obstecution and decided I'd chave my arm pits. But then I dropped my razor and I caught it with my boob against the wall of the shower.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, and I flashed my nipple and I couldn't see it off that side for weeks, and I had to express like strawberry milk or was horrible and oh it was horrendous.
Speaker 3: And he didn't even want to see my arm pits.
Speaker 2: No, obviously he's I think he was an amateur who a trainee. If he started the rummage around there after, give him that something is not right here?
Speaker 4: Wealty, Yeah, yes, it was very thought.
Speaker 1: So once you need to have stitches after something like that, or does it, you know what goes on.
Speaker 3: I just healed out. I didn't. I didn't say any doctor about my many. It just healed out eventually. But I had to express off it because it kept killing with milk.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got it first, somebody old strawberry one final with that and the old scotched pot. It's been quite the hour today. Are you sure you're leaving Broadway?
Speaker 3: Obviously, because it couldn't say that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right then Jane. Let's leave it there for now. Jane, thank you very much, have a good day, no worries.
Speaker 3: I just want to say by Jack and I really loved your working on the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jane. That's lovely, lovely Jane, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I love you guys too, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: He's thirty two now, boy, and well the good morning. Good Yeah, we're great, kicking girls as always.
Speaker 1: And well, what's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 2: Is this one about breaking something in a shop around at somebody's home, A.
Speaker 14: Breaking turning in a shop? Yeah, on a job a second hand, sup, And they opened up. I walked in and talking to him and fled back on this Italian marble table that was the sale for eight thousand dollars and it snapped him half.
Speaker 5: Oh no, wow, awkward to be very yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's some of those Greek statues have been there still. Now.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, I don't know whether it was a fault in it or what, but yeah, I just thought, yeah, I don't think I'm starting a job. I think I've just sacked myself somehow, but stayed there for two and a half years.
Speaker 1: But working, you can if two and a half years time lost of Marble Market race.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it took me that. It took fifteen hundred bucks out of my way.
Speaker 1: God dash tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you've got to pay us money when you leave Friday.
Speaker 1: I'd have him staying till the end of you said no, No, you are Jack, you boy?
Speaker 2: All right, your stories and never broken something in a shot or right at somebody's home, danger in the bathroom and close put no cigar.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning too, Holly, Christian. I emailed you last year. I just found a show, so I wanted to go back and listen to the early shows. I went through the first year sending my highlights. Yesterday I just finished your second year highlights attached.
Speaker 1: Beat on the Boss? Do you remember beat on the Boss? No? What's that? Sue the Boss release? They released the sounds Layah Liar Blake on Fire. I do remember that Blake who used to work, who lies saying he didn't want your job and we made him do a line to titys. It turns out he really wanted Georgia.
Speaker 5: You'll hear from him again this week.
Speaker 2: He's just set a countdown by five today. Dame's America amazing historical fact. Yes, brought to you by Malvin Lacrosse.
Speaker 1: Was he the coach of them? They kept plugging them? Yep uh, the inaugural annual sausage party.
Speaker 2: Do not remember that. Don't want to be reminded of it. Heroes gold Bear loved doing that. You found a lot of insight to be Metica for the studio. I remember the two years gathering us and then got binned I think in the middle last year, and then Christian do you remember Pepe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my George is in on the show today. We're not going any further about that.
Speaker 2: Troy, good morning, Hello, Hello Troy, Troy. I got a story about close but no cigar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So when I was a young Feller managed to buy the New Ideas and Lewin's Weeklies and.
Speaker 2: Days, how those nick patterns and cookery stuff and held romance stops a cross word as well well.
Speaker 15: I love the word puzzles in them. So I was the gat them, which he's done and you know he's going out. But once they had a competition and it was a treasure map that was gritted up and you put an X where you thought the treasure was on the map and the first correct to draw out of the barrel one ten thousand dollars. So I put an X on there a month to cent it away for me, and about a month later I got a letter in the mail saying congratulations. You know you've come second in this competition, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 15: So they sent me a check for twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: That really is close.
Speaker 2: But no, cigar, you you're this close to winning ten thousand, but you win, you win big twenty dollars.
Speaker 15: I mean for a ten year old, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: You get some more Women's Weekly that that's the next month of issues right there.
Speaker 1: Try.
Speaker 2: Great story. Thank you very much for sharing. May have a good day, you do. Louisa, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you all good?
Speaker 1: So you're driving the school bus right now?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's another caller. It was it Heidi Kindie. Someone who is out there?
Speaker 7: Lisa?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Louisa?
Speaker 1: Ohuise are you Louisa? Y oh you're the one not driving this? No? Oh, gotcha? What are you up to Louisa right now?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 17: I'm on my way to work. And I wanted to tell you a story. Yeah, when I was ten years old, I wasn't allowed to ride a bike. My parents were really over protective. So one day I was at a family friend's house and I took one of the bikes from the shed and I was riding it down the street and a car pulled out and I hit the car and I went over the top and then I fell down. They came out and they said, oh, you're okay. I said, I'm okay, but I was really really frightened. I didn't want them to tell my parents. And I never told my parents because I was so scared that they would get so upset with me. I ended up telling them later later, later, as an adult. I think I ended up telling my mum only as an adult. Yeah, but I was really really scared, so I think I dummished the bike.
Speaker 1: Wow, you didn't hurt yourself as well, that's right, Louisa, Thank you very much. You call.
Speaker 11: Thank you to Janet.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Janet, Good good morning Christian. All right, you've got to steal about danger in the bathroom today.
Speaker 13: I have a very small on sweet and I was in there and I actually fainted and I hainted and fell down between the toilet and the shower and became trapped.
Speaker 15: Get out.
Speaker 13: I'm trapped in there. I'm kicking at the door, I'm yelling, I'm screaming, I'm kicking. Fifteen minutes later, my husband comes and goes, what are you doing down there? And I'm going I can't get out, So yeah, anyway, so he had to drag me out. But yeah, I was trapped there.
Speaker 2: So did I get some vascline and put it around your head? How did you get you out? How did you prize you out of there? That little nook and cranny?
Speaker 13: Oh no, I just swizz it out, but I look, but yeah, I just there's no way. I always wedged tightly in between there was such a small small and sweat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, incredible story, Janet, thank you very much.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Francine, good morning, everyone, morning everyone, Good morning, Miss Francene and fran scene.
Speaker 1: What's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 16: Okay, Doki, So was I broke something in my parents' house. I was only a kid. I was about eight. They had like a mix master with a really loose, crappy bottom on it, and next to the mixed master was a fish tank. So you know, one day I was flicking the bottom of the mix master, flicked off, hit the fish tank broke the fish tank. Of course, water went everywhere. My dad jumped up, whips on the water, tried to grab the fish, broke your toe and unfortunately the fish didn't make it.
Speaker 1: So God, what a story.
Speaker 16: So that was real, real fun for an eight year old.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast US.
Speaker 2: He's found someone old in a rumpuntry. Do you check any dates anything?
Speaker 6: I never do, No, not normally. It's usually the love God for me. Does he Yeah, it's like he's going on as you know stock check that the supermarkets do.
Speaker 1: He'll wake his office works.
Speaker 2: You know chicken, you know, the best before date on the reams of paper and the ink cartridge.
Speaker 6: It's like he does a stock take every week, it seems. And last night he found I don't know how it missed.
Speaker 2: His wife is obsessive about this Patsy right if she was doing it yesterday, right, she just and she'd just come and find me. I'm working on something, should go When do you open this chicken?
Speaker 1: I'm like to check my journals. I don't know. And then she went very airy. This food bank he put it's very airy. I think this means it's gone off sniffing stuff and rummaging around in there. When'd you have this cheese? I don't know. I don't put dates on it.
Speaker 6: You know what though, my husband's notorious for not sealing the SnapLock beck.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm fastigious about that.
Speaker 6: Yes, you've got to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love those food banks. I've got my I buy the food banks. I have small media large same.
Speaker 6: They're the bear do you get like the sticky ones or the sliding.
Speaker 1: I love the slues.
Speaker 2: There's something deeply reassured because you know, and it's not quite hundred percent the Yeah, it should actually have a noise. Then lets us know, and I can show sound of it when it's not there.
Speaker 6: Well, last night he stumbled across a bottle of pasta sauce dated August twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Heyd the episode of Pantry Antiques road Show.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it just bypassed us. So it was a bit of is it.
Speaker 2: From the turn of the century or eighteen fifty five King Louis reign it it's twenty and sixty's.
Speaker 1: It's in grandmother her generation to generation. For Audie it.
Speaker 6: Was Bechamel sauce, and it was for that lasagnac.
Speaker 1: Is it bechamore?
Speaker 6: But one day when I got around to making lasagna from scratch, and I guess I kind of never got around to it.
Speaker 1: So so many missed opportunities.
Speaker 2: Sometimes a day like this, you stare Aunt Clapp and beautiful morning sunlight, Sanya, I was going to cook, you know, put that back on top of the old bucket list, Chris.
Speaker 5: That is like Biancher's optimism from my finally making banana bread, the amount of black in the freezer ready for their transformation.
Speaker 1: You now got some time ahead of you can become a master baker. You heard me right?
Speaker 6: Oh so, I don't know if anyone else has got something. I bet there's people that have got stuff older than what's that like eight years in their pantry.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 2: Perhaps I mean, I'm guessing people muster, but I don't think most of us know what the dates are.
Speaker 1: After they were down and go.
Speaker 2: I think there's an Uncle Ben's curry sauce from eighty two that I mean, just with one day you order, Sanya. Missed opportunity is that Uncle Ben's curry that I'm going to make one day? Or an old El Paso from Shout Out COVID huh twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hello old friend, Hello old passo.
Speaker 5: All right, what are you asking people to do? If you ever look at home.
Speaker 2: Go and have a look, maybe in hanging on to some old beer or some of the heroes gold.
Speaker 1: I'm still some cans of heroes gold.
Speaker 5: Well what that? That would have expired in twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: I recond does beer have a chat before? Donay? What happened to it?
Speaker 5: It will go flat?
Speaker 1: How do you know all this? What are you a beer forman?
Speaker 5: I just assume would.
Speaker 1: Should it be? It's it's stuck in the sealed in there, in there, it will lose its that source? What's you called? Bitchamal? You know all right?
Speaker 2: Antiques Pantry Road Show twenty sixteen, Any Move on twenty sixteen? You got something from I don't know the y two k.
Speaker 4: Days, Christian O'Connell show one podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian and Team. I was at my nana's house a couple of months ago. She gave me a Tubbert butter to use. It was from nineteen ninety seven. It was a funny.
Speaker 1: Color chucking chuck in you a live grenade?
Speaker 2: PS good luck, Jack, with your next adventure.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's from Joel Christian and teen keep it generic. It's easy that way when they come and go. My granddad, I'm not going to learn from what I did with jack Neck. Never get to attach to them. From now on, the next person, I'll keep at arm's length. My grandad spice rack was sealed spices that all expired sometime in the eighties. I was born in ninety five. He wouldn't let anybody throw them out because apparently it's bad luck to throw out spice. I reckon, yes, yes, Daniel in Ballarat. Okay, so we're doing antique pantry. I just want to pronounce that right.
Speaker 1: Road Show.
Speaker 2: After Pants has uncovered a sauce and apparentally from August twenty seventeen, Darren, Good morning, Darren. You can tell me about beer. Does it really go off? Morning, Darren?
Speaker 18: More than Girysah Jackie's right or. I had a neighbor of years ago. He gave me a barrel, like a mini barrel, five litter thing of beer and I looked really good. So I put her on the cupboard next to the fireflaces, and I thought it looks too good just to.
Speaker 1: Keep sitting there. That was after a few years, so I put it in the fridge to cool it down. I went to drink it and it was absolutely disgusting, and then I had to look on it. It expired two years earlier.
Speaker 2: On the show on Someone's sound here, you notice.
Speaker 5: Barrel of beer.
Speaker 7: And it actually goes off on normal stubbies too, because my dad loves helping out his neighbors and m on their lawns and they pay him with beer sometimes and he doesn't drink.
Speaker 18: So he had one sitting in the cupboard for god knows how long, and he said to me, here, you have this, And I had one, and I thought, what's wrong with this?
Speaker 13: And I looked at it.
Speaker 18: It expired eighteen months earlier as well.
Speaker 1: So what is it? Is it flat down? It'll just taste a bit manky. It's a bit of both. It's got no lovely. I'm always going to Damn Murphy's and they looking you think something that's flatten manky, A perfect balance between the I might launch MYRAI physical flatten that problem with more and it usually goes So I don't have any problems with mine that you said, right, No, guid I've never had any problems.
Speaker 5: Definitely not flattening neither nor flat.
Speaker 1: Stop those rumors. Lovely stuff. All right, great to listen to you, but we're not going anywhays the business usual the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Darren, You going flat? Okay, all right, down you keep You've got a great giggle. By the way, that is a great giggle, that isn't it? Everyone ever told you that?
Speaker 1: No, not really, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Blushing enough, a bit awkward, more often you should, Darren. Okay, Darren, got to move on. It's an emotional week.
Speaker 1: Let's go do work.
Speaker 2: No, good morning, David, Good morning, Good morning, David. So what have we got in the in the pantry?
Speaker 19: Well, our chicken salt that we use regularly expired in twenty seventeen, one of those big ones from Costco, and it just takes too long to get to how big is big? Yeah, but it's I don't know, probably one of those like the bigger Kansas Soft drink big.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so much. That's just kind of lifetime to live chicken sot even if you owned a fish and chip shop. I reckon you get doing all those every five years.
Speaker 5: But it's so sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't reckon, they go on. Yeah, we financually we should miss the dispensing medic at the face. David, thank you very much. She called, let's go to Andrea. Morning Andrea.
Speaker 13: Hi, guys, how are you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: My mum moved out of their house and we were at a pantry and my daughter came out mortified because there was pastor that was used by before her birthday, which is nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: So where is his pastor from.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety four or something?
Speaker 6: I think it?
Speaker 1: W wow, oh surely another thing pastor? Won't you won't when we go off?
Speaker 2: Ooh yeah, all right, Andrew, thank you very much. You cool, no thanks by squeezing. Jackie here, Morning Jackie. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Okay, how are you going?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We go, Jackie. So, what's an old thing have you got on the pantry? Okay, well, just a.
Speaker 11: Little quick story. I'm a community here and I was helping a client clean out his pantry after the recent passing of his wife. And we found many out of date items, but our best was from September eighteenth, nineteen eighty three, and that was the ten of Bourneville Coco.
Speaker 1: Wow, so forty years old.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'd like to say that's older than me.
Speaker 15: But that's not.
Speaker 2: Come on now, you sound so young. All right, Jackie, thank you very much, your story mate. Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 4: No Worries The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Time Wait today. Gold Class Group passed. That's a four of you thanks to Village Cinemas Gold Class. Go and see Mission Impossible, the final reckoning this weekend at Village Cinema's Gold Class. I just hope there's enough explosions when I go and see it this weekend. I don't want to feel sure changed.
Speaker 1: You won't be sure.
Speaker 5: You won't be sure explosion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, this is my kind of week. World Wine Week is with us. Wow, hear that, Patsy. Good news every week for Patsy's Wordy, Australia is the proud home and you should be proud of the goom sack Australia given the world know and you should be like, God, my God, great news.
Speaker 5: Australian invention or we just love it the most.
Speaker 1: No an Australian invention.
Speaker 2: The first ever cask wine was invented by Australian wine maker Tom Angrove in nineteen sixty four, creating a necessary four and a half lisha blatter off wine. Why would you need that much wine?
Speaker 5: Why Australia, You know, because my dad only got cast wine. I didn't realize one was in bottles too much. Oh, they do it in bottles too How novelty.
Speaker 2: The design was then perfected three years later by Australian inventor Charles Malpass, who added the convenient plastic tap in the corner.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, chang inviting into it, knowing you all right, So we're looking for your We're looking for your wine songs today. Wine songs Metallica.
Speaker 2: They love a drop, noir, thing else matters, Silver, Prosecco, Beach Silver plus, Knowing You, pinoing me, Gold and Bordeaux, look back in Anger, Gold, Jackie Boy, What have you got? Wine songs Dancing in the goon Light, Gold, Sultan's of Swig, So on the Swing, Silver, Plunky Tonk Woman, Plunky Tonk Woman, Gold and Billy Joel.
Speaker 5: You can see him at the bar, he says, singers the song You're the pino Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very good. Best in the show so far.
Speaker 4: The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: None of Fun Guitar thing in this real, long old life version of Smooth My Rob Thomas and Santana one for the fans. That one.
Speaker 2: Jack's already just dragging his charmer here. He asked me to play that one. Come on, mate, some of us still got a job to do.
Speaker 5: Cast another solo.
Speaker 1: All right, today's time waste the we're looking for your wine songs. Jack, you're ready tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: If you're ready, I am ready.
Speaker 2: Yes, Gold Class group, ask four tickets thanks to Village Cinema's Gold Class. Go and see Mission Impossible, The Final Reckoning. Do you think you've seen it? Is it definitive ending? Or is he left it to open where it could be about another nineteen?
Speaker 5: It's pretty diffinitive. But I wouldn't put in past them. If they come out with another one is yeah, I won't say too much. Actually, gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: What a tease?
Speaker 2: Rich has got Wine songs, White Wine, Wedding, Bronze Kiss from a Rose, Silver, Dark Side of the Goon.
Speaker 1: Gold, that's from Andy Bad Goon Rising Gold.
Speaker 2: That's very good. Who's that from Mark Grangeter's Paradise Silver? Famous red Wine and Australian and global wine history. Actually for wine fans. It to my new podcast.
Speaker 1: Smiled for that one. Wake me up before you.
Speaker 2: Pino silver, What Janet bitter sweet Chardonnay silver, Walking on the goon gold, nine red spittoons, Bronze. You can't stop the merlow silver Sorrento goon. Very true with that singing the audience. And only the other week we're talking about that fight that broke out one of her shows.
Speaker 1: Without too many Sorrento goons. She should make her own merch Sorrento goon. That's from Frederick. I love that one. You made me feel like casking by Pino Sayer.
Speaker 2: Oh Silver doubler, word on, Nathan, Papa's got a brand new goon bag gold, some sharpy pino digity silver. You are to Vino silver. That's from Melissa Whitney Houston. I always love goon Bronze. Baby got Bordeaux gold, grape Balls of fire grape balls Yeah, yeah, very clever. You heard him, Peter, excuse me? Did you say grape or great? You have you first din grape funky called malo bro No too clever? Oh my gosh, thank you called Melo vinyard to handle silver alone. Yes, every Rosey has his thorn gold and Jeanie in a bottlow gold last one coming in. They're sneaking on the wye from Elliott Dean Jackie boy who is off to gold class there and three mates.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, you'll love mission impossible Frederick for Sorrento Goon.
Speaker 1: Well do'm Frederick? All right, let's talk tomorrow's show today, believe.
Speaker 9: It or not?
Speaker 1: What of the yards? You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 7: Like, were you a Cheryl who married a Hun who works with the Cheryl who married a Hunt as well.
Speaker 2: On to my show, then we'd be looking once more for your stories of coincidence and chance. You can email me Christiana Christian O'Connell dot com dot au some of the once we had last week.
Speaker 18: Driving on the road one day and I thought i'd pull over for lunch because I had a meeting with the company I worked for as biggest client in the afternoon, and I hit another car. We pull over to the side of the road. We get out our business cards to scribble our contact details. He turns over my card, looks at me and says, Jesus are having a bad day, And I go, yeah, I know, because no, no, you don't understand you're meeting with me at three o'clock.
Speaker 20: Back in the early nineties, our house got broken into and they stole my mother's grandma's ring. It had an inscription on the inside. Fast forward around ten twelve years later and we just managed to walk past cash converted and what do you know, there's my great grandmother's ring with inscription and.
Speaker 16: We bought it back.
Speaker 2: Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you have a great day. We're back tomorrow. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: Take care, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast