Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. It's Flex and Frooms on Caita.
Speaker 3: We only do one thing here, and that's answer the big questions, and it's some other things that you know, don't really make the cut. I've been doing a lot of thinking, prompted by the Internet, mostly but also prompted by my own life experience, and I was would.
Speaker 2: We call it an epiphany? No, we could just call it a thought. It's a thought. It's a thought.
Speaker 3: Which do you think is a lesser evil in relationships? Sharing passwords or sharing locations?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 3: I don't mean to come on the internet, to come on live radio and be controversial. I don't, you know, not everything I do as a statement. However, this one I don't think I necessarily have strong opinions on. But I'm always surprised when I'm interacting with someone who has really strong opinions on it. I am someone who shares phone locations. Wow, have I ever prompted someone to share theirs with me?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: So basically one of my best friends, who I've known forever is an avid location sharer. So as a novelty at the start, of our relationship, like you know howe many years ago, ten or whatever or whenever the function came out to share locations, but we worked together, so it was like we worked together.
Speaker 2: With were friends. It was funny. It was a gag.
Speaker 3: And I also felt like coming off the back of Snapchat, whenever we use that popular popular really well and I understand, you know, you could see the snap map and I was like, this is hectic. Why everybody lives and so, because she's a location sharer, what will often happen is that she'll talk to me in front of other people and just know certain things. Oh, when I was checking Little's location, I saw so and so and so, Like I was wondering how that date went because like Lil had moved locations and I couldn't recognize where this was. And I think this is completely normal, And people be like, how do you have that information? I'd be like, oh, we share locations, one of two things will happen. Can I now, if you're a close, close friend, yeah, babe, jump on board.
Speaker 2: This is funny.
Speaker 3: But then you have other people who are like, that's so strange. And then my first response is like, well, I don't have anything to hide, like I just.
Speaker 1: Don't don't have anything to hide until you have someone to hide. Well, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When it comes to like locations, I'm so not fussed about it, to the point where I have to kind of flag with this friend, like it is not commonplace for you to know where I am when I don't know. Don't create a new norm where you think people are being secretive or weird if they don't want to share their location with you, Because I think she's also whopped in being like, well these people are so weird and secretive, and it's like, no, we're just codependent.
Speaker 2: It's a bit different.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this in conjunction with people who share their phone passwords, because look, I'll share a phone password with a friend. Again, I don't mind. But in this instance, if a partner was like, let's share pass D be like, well what for?
Speaker 2: What do we need to do that for?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't share a single password with a single person. I just can't be I just can't be trusted either way.
Speaker 2: Oh, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what I'm saying. I have moods I talked, and if it was seen out of context.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, like everything on this phone is criminal, literally, But I also feel like there's something I kind of like about being accomplices, Like your crime is my crime.
Speaker 2: I guess let's do crime together.
Speaker 1: You know, what you need to realize is that if you're ever involved in a court case, they can go through messages.
Speaker 2: They could do that. Now. Can you imagine the person I could go to America and they would they could check my phone? Do you know that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: I've seen on TikTok a bunch of OnlyFans creators getting stopped as a flying to the US because they're cracking down on self employed only fans creators because as part of the esther the visa thing that you sign when you go, you have to confron that you're not going there to do work. And it gets a bit tricky because people often go to do work. But yeah, think about it, not saying that you have to do either or. But one thing that I'm trying to work on just in life generally is what we kind of spoke about the other day of that cool girl over correction. So a cool girl cares about nothing, and then when she realizes that she actually cares a lot, she suddenly cares about everything, and everything is like off limits and off bounds, and she has strong opinions. And so with this in particular, I don't feel very strongly about the locations thing. For other people, it's sets of alarm belts. What do they want to know? Why they're keeping tabs? I don't feel strongly about it, and it's good for me to know that instead of internalizing this whole like they don't trust me or I have something to hide. And with the phone passwords thing, people are insane as am I that's just crazy. Can you imagine someone like dating someone or befriending someone where this was the kind of test they were putting you through to gauge if you were trustworthy give me your phone password.
Speaker 2: They say you.
Speaker 1: Must be boring if you were going to give it away
Speaker 2: Given listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast more Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio