Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we have some some interesting updates in the world of BRIT's dog, Delilah. You're a beautiful Australian shepherd. She's beautiful to look at, but to spend time with horrific.
Speaker 2: She's not.
Speaker 3: You love her and she loves you. And if she heard you say that, Mitch, she really she'd be so hurt. She is a beautiful dog.
Speaker 4: And I like and Delilah to imagine like that person that you went to school with, where they are so hot that they didn't have to work on their personality.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: That sounds mean to she's so hot she can get away with anything. But I would love to get to the bottom of like what's the actual problem, Like do we need to sedate her?
Speaker 2: Like what's the next step in this No.
Speaker 1: Because we heard on Tuesday on the show that you're having issues keeping a dog walker.
Speaker 2: But not issues keeping one.
Speaker 3: I have had two dog walkers that take turns for two years.
Speaker 2: They both dumped you.
Speaker 3: But in the last week they both said that, well one of them is sort of dumbed done, so I think she's better suited, you know, with a different pack. And the other dog walker, Dodie put her on a one month probation.
Speaker 1: We've got Jody on the phone. Now she's joining us. We want to get to the roots.
Speaker 2: She moves away, Brett.
Speaker 1: We need to know what is going on with this dog, Jody, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: Hi, It's okay. It's Delilah Bully.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not gonna lie. She's she is a little baby, bit of a bully, but not all the time, not all the time. She's got her times where she is a bit of a beach and then she's got her time where she's a bit of an angel.
Speaker 2: I think I think Deliah's got pretty privileged. That's what I think this is.
Speaker 5: She doesn't know, sorry, Brett, Like I mean, she literally looks like you.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: She's an influencer dog.
Speaker 3: But Toty, you did give us a report card the other day because you've put her on like quite a loose I would like to say loose one month probation. Because after you told me she was on probation, I went home, and I'm embarrassed to admit this. I sat down with her and I spoke to her like she was a toddler. I was like, you are not going to have anyone that wants to walk to you. You're not going to have any other dog friends. I was like, you need to rain your behavior in and that I thought I was crazy if anyone saw me doing that.
Speaker 2: How was she the next day?
Speaker 5: She was absolutely fun until I picked up my first dog. Delana's got a thing where she is incredibly territorial. She thinks that any human that's worth her is hers. She's got about eighty seven mothers and so when she's worth me, she thinks she is absolutely in charge of all the dogs and my car. So she wasn't the greatest student. When I picked up a few dogs. She has to be in the front with me, and yeah, she just basically like, if I'm not already holding her back, I think she may jump over and like tell them what's what. But because I am prepared for it, I don't allow it to happen.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, Jodie I actually had after we spoke about it the other day, I had so many people right out that are the parents of Australian shepherds, and they all said the same thing. They were like, it's not you, It's an Aussie trait where they have this like weird obsession with the humans.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, they are so loyal and so protective, and because they're really really affectionate as well, that mix of sort of protection but also loving less they lovingness. They get so confused, and I just think it ultimately comes down to protection and loyalty. She doesn't get that she can share. She's just not a good share actually not a good share.
Speaker 1: Well like a mum, Jodi. While we have you the question that the whole country wants to.
Speaker 2: Know, everyone's on the edge of their sage.
Speaker 1: Actually me, are you going to keep Delilah and put in the work to making her a reformed dog? Or are you firing Delilah right now?
Speaker 2: No pressure? What do I need to pay you more? Correct?
Speaker 5: Look, a bit of column deep. But let's rehash this in a month and I'll give you an answer.
Speaker 2: So she's still on probation. Oh my god, that report.
Speaker 3: It's been one.
Speaker 5: Whar it's been one. But I still love her with all my heart. You know that. So let's chat in a few weeks and we'll go from there.
Speaker 2: Updates on that to car Let's go