Speaker 1: Hi, guys, You've got some grave news. Mitchell, Do you want to do the honors? No? No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Before we get started, Mitchell, I believe you've got something to fess up to.
Speaker 1: Guys, you'll only notice the price keeper Jenna towards the end of this episode. She was here for the whole recording for the entire show. She was actually early, quite punctual, but I've I made a mistake and I forgot to record her microphone in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you'll hear her laughing in the background, just not actually recording. But it's still a great episode. Eventually you realize you weren't recording her in so she'll just randomly appear at the end.
Speaker 1: I really do apologize. There was a lot going on, and if it was going to happen to anyone, of course it's Jenna. It's a great episode, nonetheless, but she definitely appears towards the end and the.
Speaker 2: Episode where I'm expected to be lifting your probation.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's already been recorded? Now you can't go back. What's Mitch's decision? Well, you'll have to listen to the episode to find out. People do some weird shit television legend Marianne Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pippot.
Speaker 3: Some thinkings make more sense than others. Bring Pikes, nurseriescy pikes.
Speaker 4: P y k e sky why I ky as in kill Hey?
Speaker 5: Why okay?
Speaker 6: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 2: Why is your life so expensive?
Speaker 3: I'm not even having a good child.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 5: Just to buy a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: What about me?
Speaker 8: Don't forget China?
Speaker 1: No he is MIXTUREI and episode eighty. I went to a school with a girl named Katie. I don't know. I didn't think of a rhyme in time. Hello, Mitchell Case.
Speaker 2: I have not if you started doing the rhyming thing, but I didn't think of a rhyme in time. Rhyme.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a crime not to think of a rhyme in time? And eightieth all the same, Happy we made it. Let's get the prune juice out and I don't know our pois pads and celebrate before we cart it. Mitchell, I think did you bring this up on an episode or someone else did that. There's a number of episodes that podcasts get to that is like the breaking point. Yeah, thirty.
Speaker 2: No, there's kind of like this theory in the podcast world that you get a twenty episode burnout, whether you can push through that or not. Yeah, eighty, So we've burnt out three times over.
Speaker 1: Double that for you was I've just checked. This is the episode that could have ended us, Katie Perry cancels on combs.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that was the first episode we did where we were all feeling really miserable about coronavirus. Really yeah, and we were just so down in the dumps that episode, Oh yeah, I could have ended it. And now here we are, all the episodes later, sixty episodes later. If my math is correct, I think we're right, we're in the same scenario. Can I just say lockdowns get to me? It finally is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Lockdown's got to me. I am cooked.
Speaker 2: Do you know what really really did it for me? This whole wave, this new lockdown in Sydney and elsewhere. This whole time, I've been kind of selfish and a bit ignorant in that I've just not been watching the news or whatever. Yep, but I kept hearing about, oh, the situation in Afghanistan, Afghanistan. I was like, I've got no idea what's going on? And oh my god, didn't that bring me down. I spent like maybe three hours on YouTube catching up and all the news reports about what's going on with Afghanistan and the Taliban, and I was like, oh my god, this is a weird feeling of helplessness that I am not comfortable with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listened to an ABC podcast and had a whole day of dread thinking about what's going on in Afghanistan. That's horrific, But then it also puts things in perspective for you. Then hear about people who are dying of COVID in Sydney with the outbreak, It's like, far out here we are worrying about, you know, now little podcasts, when this is happening in the world. It's grim times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not worried about our little podcast, did you.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Jenna whispered to me before the show started, and she's got some concerns which will flag after the episode, which is very big. By the way, today is the day that I.
Speaker 8: Will leave probation.
Speaker 2: Well, it remains to be seen. Remember this was your chance to get out of probation. You've been doing a brilliant job as our guest booker. You've been booking guests after guests. You've been on a real role. And I said, okay, one more, and so this with your due date episode eighty, have you got a big guest coming up?
Speaker 1: Yes, my guest is lined up and I'm very excited for them to come on the show and it will get me out of probation. I'm extremely confident it is a guest that I would say is up there with the most requested special guests from our listeners. Okay, but not only do I have a guest, you've turned up and decided to bring two of your own as well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this had nothing to do with my doubt that you wouldn't pull through with a guest. But I thought for our eightieth episode we should do something special Eighties themed. So later we've got a top five Eighties songs. You're going to be doing that segment, and guess who our special guest rankers are going to be. They're going to play the songs, they're going to decide the top five list. Guess who they are.
Speaker 1: Jenna's employers, that's right, her bosses, Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 2: Jonesy and Amanda they're radio royalty.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Maybe it optometrists and hit replacement clinics.
Speaker 2: But Michel, excuse me, you're meant to be honing your gift for talking the guests up, don't be.
Speaker 1: These are your guests, so you can talk them up and I can be the obnoxious will Obviously.
Speaker 2: With the top five eighties songs, I thought, who are eighties music experts that I know? And obviously they've been working on WSFM for years. So whatever songs we nominate from the eighties, chances are they've played them like hundreds of times in their career.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, Hey, can I ask Mitch? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is your guest more or less of a celebrity than Jones and Amanda?
Speaker 1: No, they are. They are more of a celebrity one hundred percent. They're definitely bigger and more well known to our demographic similar age bracket.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. Well, it's guests galore today, Mitchell's mystery guest and Jones and Amanda.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a big show. Happy eighty, Happy eightym If it's your first time listening, welcome to Is it just me? Every week, Mitch and I bring an IgM ijm.
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 1: It's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. And Mitch doesn't know mine. I don't know. Mitch's into the base of the show. It's a little springboard if you like. And mine mine is something that I don't know why if I think. I read it on Twitter and it blew my mind. It was one of those things that made me think, Holy shit, I've been doing this wrong my whole life.
Speaker 2: Oh, another thing you're doing wrong. Your list is just getting.
Speaker 1: So I know, I know what's yours.
Speaker 2: Mine is, I don't know. Do you want to just tell you now? I can tell you right now? Her first Yeah, hit it, Bradley.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Do you love a female with a deep voice?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: So, I saw a TikTok the other day about this girl feeling a bit insecure about how deep her voice is, and there are quite a few comments kind of, you know, giving her a bit of flack for it. It was from shar Mac ninety eight. Here it is, I.
Speaker 3: Personally don't think I have a masculine voice.
Speaker 9: I think it's just a deeper tone of a feminine voice, like yeah, it may not be like your average calling Sarah's voice, and it's my voice.
Speaker 1: I saw that in my FIP. I mean, I mean, yeah, it's not a stereotypical female voice what people would assume to be a feminine voice.
Speaker 2: It really stands out, doesn't it. Yeah, but people were kind of making fun of her for a deep voice, and I thought, babes, don't worry about those motherfuckers. I love a female with a deep voice, you know, whose voice has like gotten way deeper over time.
Speaker 1: Are you going to say, Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: No, but I didn't even think of that as an example. That's a great example. But the example I was going to say is Detective Olivia Benson on Laura Order SVU. Oh, oh my god, I'm watching all the later seasons, which I'm assuming you guys haven't seen, but oh my god, she's gotten so manly, like she's more manly than me.
Speaker 1: Well the bar's low, but yes, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that you guys would have in your lifetime seen at least one early Days sv channel ten or something. So tell me if this is pretty much how you remember her voice to be back in the day.
Speaker 1: We have people at your apartment right now, collecting evidence, every glass, every bottle of booze, every pill bottle.
Speaker 10: I guess his fingerprints are going.
Speaker 11: To be on him.
Speaker 12: Chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that voice.
Speaker 2: So that's yep, that's the og Olivia Benson. Well, this is what she sounds like. Now, Stabler, get it out, now, get out.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: See I'm like, babes, how many darts are you?
Speaker 1: Been? Tough? And but I love it. The criminal justice system has taken its toll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean she's been promoted. She's Captain Benson now not a detective.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, the stress has just made her voice go.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Well, Sophie Monkey we've had on the show has a has a famously deep voice. Nat pen File, there you go. Guest on the show all the time has a deep voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they both do. And Miley Cyrus of course another example. But it's interesting. The University of South Australia did a study on this and they reckon that women now speak at a deeper pitch than their mothers and grandmothers would have done thanks to the changing power dynamics between men and women. Love that a deeper tone in the workplace, projects, authority and dominance, while a deeper voice can be considered less sexually attractive to men who cares. Who cares what they think?
Speaker 1: So it could be evolutionary.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I love that.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you another woman with a deep voice that I love?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nony Hazelhurst, Oh, her Logi's succeptance speech was iconic, that ossy actress she used to be on play school. I have an example. Actually, do you remember a few years ago when she read that parody bedtime story called Go the fuck to Sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was so funny, but made all the more better by her deep, booming voice.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 7: The story today is about a little baby who doesn't want to go to sleep, and the baby is making.
Speaker 2: Mommy and daddy very tired. Do you know a baby like that?
Speaker 3: Here's the story.
Speaker 7: The cats nestle close to their kittens. Lambs have lain down with the sheep.
Speaker 3: No fall sleep.
Speaker 7: You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear, Please go the fact to sleep. The tiger reclines in the simmering jungle. The sparrow has silenced her cheap. Fuck your stuffed bear, I'm not getting you shit. Close your eyes cut the crap sleep.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it so much more comforting having a deep, booming voice from a woman?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It just sits right.
Speaker 2: So any females out there that have a deep voice, don't be insecure. You know it'll get you far. I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and vice versa. I mean, Mike, sure, you're the leaders of the men with female voices.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 1: Bro, All right, ready for mine?
Speaker 2: Yep, go for it?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Did you not realize that thirty chance of rain means thirty chance of coverage?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Now, let me explain. When you are going out for the day and you're going and check the weather and it says thirty percent chance thirty percent rain, do you also think like I do in the majority, think, oh, that means there's thirty percent chance that it will rain today.
Speaker 2: Which means there's a seventy percent chance will be dry as Yes, we're good correct.
Speaker 1: That is a common misconception because we are all wrong. That means it is going to rain in your area, but thirty percent of the rain will be where you are. Isn't that a mind fun now?
Speaker 2: I still yeah, it is, because I still don't get it. Okay, So so do you mean like if Tim Bailey, although he doesn't work, he got made redundant. Who's the weather person now I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Now tim Bailey does, Tim Bailey does to GB weather not anymore? Oh really, no, we got fired again? Oh fuck man.
Speaker 2: No he left of his own choosing this time, which is lovely it must But anyway.
Speaker 1: Z grade media gospel that no one listening won't care about.
Speaker 2: So anyway, let's just use him for example, because I can't think of anyone else. Let's say Tim Bailey's up there. This is my understanding because he says thirty percent chance of reign in Sydney. It means that on a map of Sydney only thirty percent of it will be wet. So like Penrith or Blacktown, whatever makes up thirty percent of Sydney?
Speaker 9: Is that not it?
Speaker 1: No? No, that is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I've gone to the pleasure of googling other common life misconceptions. Okay, because apparently there's a lot of things that we're getting wrong. Common misconception everyone says, do not wake a sleepwalker. You know, when someone's sleepwalking, they go you don't wake them.
Speaker 2: Why is that freak out?
Speaker 1: The true answer is they will not have a heart attack or be put into coma. They'll simply be confused, and it's pleasant for them not to wake them. So there is no medical or scientific reason for you not to.
Speaker 2: So that's why they say not to wake them, because they might flip out and like cow would punch you right there on your kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yes, and if you ever come across a sleep walker on King's Cross, do not go to them.
Speaker 2: But that's not true.
Speaker 1: Now, that's not true. It's not true. What about this. You can touch a baby bird without its mother abandoning it when you're in the playground and there was a little finch chirping in the ground and the teacher, don't you touch it, mamma. Birds can smell the scent of humans and it will kill it. Did you ever get that?
Speaker 2: I got that with sheep, and I think it was true. Like really, we used to wear gloves when we were marking lambs sometimes, yeah, partially because they were covered in fucking birds. And it was just like you'd get scratched to the Jesus when you were picking up lambs. But if you pick up a newborn lamb and you get your cent all over it. Apparently the mom's like, that's not mine. It abandons it for its death.
Speaker 1: That's awful. What about this? Ready, this one blew my mind. Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day. No, that was a slogan bought by Kellogg's. They paid marketers to come up with a slogan in the seventies and that was their marketing campaign and it caught on culturally. So people think breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But that's just Kellogg's marketing.
Speaker 2: All meals matter.
Speaker 1: AML.
Speaker 2: Oh, No, that's the wrong acrodymil, it's amm.
Speaker 1: What about this one? Ryan, Fish in fact have a three year memory, not a three second memory.
Speaker 2: Do that, Well, it can't be that long.
Speaker 1: Apparently it was from a Disney film that was a line and people just took it on his Bible and they believed it. But fish have great memories. They did not, in fact have three second flash memories.
Speaker 2: I think you're maybe the one that's taking on Bs's Bible now because I heard recently, god knows where I heard this that they did a study on fish and like trying to learn their behaviors and see if they could remember things, and their memory was more like a few minutes, not three seconds, but definitely not three years.
Speaker 1: Well, the story is correct that they're not just three seconds. It's a stupid line from a child's film. What about this? Tomato is a fruit? Do we know that not a vegetable tomato is a fruit?
Speaker 2: What always trips me out when I remember that eggs aren't dairy? Oh? Where the fuck do you put them on the food pyramid if not the dairy category?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true? What are they then?
Speaker 2: They're literally a fetus?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, jingle bells? Get this right? Was written for Halloween?
Speaker 2: What how does that fit Halloween at all?
Speaker 1: It's not a Christmas song.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen anyone on Halloween dashing through the snow into one horse open sleigh?
Speaker 1: No you have not, but one horse open sleigh has rainbee?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're wrong, But it's a sleigh. No one uses the word sleigh except mister and missus clause.
Speaker 1: An annoying gay man.
Speaker 8: You're listening to?
Speaker 3: Is it just me who doesn't love some free shit? All you have to do is leave?
Speaker 1: Okay, ill, let's do some reviews. Need I remind you that we are me and my away from my freedom from probation, my final guess, not final forever, but my final guest to get me out of this so called faux probation.
Speaker 2: It not be your final guess. I can put you back in probation as quickly as I take you out done, because.
Speaker 1: Once I'm out of probation, we're equals.
Speaker 2: And that's that I had a friend put back on probation. Actually it's possible, really, yeah, which is basically like, here's another six months of like, do a good fucking job while you're out. I didn't know you could do that, but yeah, you can be put back on probation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll do it. Oh, your probation's got three.
Speaker 2: Months, depends on the workplace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So you can leave us a review five stars please. It keeps us going on the cloud and for a very very limited time. This will end very soon. If your review is read out on the show and you message price keeper Jenna within a week, you will be sent a season three commemorative mug, which you can buy on our Instagram bio.
Speaker 2: That's where you message Jenna as well. By the way, honest, a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Eve Jack's has done just that on Apple Podcasts five stars. Thank you, Eves. She says, I is fast becoming a staple in my weeks. What can I say, Mitchell, Mitch and Jenna. It's a lot of pressure to say, where would I be without you? But far out? Do you make my tough day a bit easier? Today my boyfriend and I broke up. My beautiful Cocker spaniel Bell had to be put down. That's awful, but this podcast did not fail to make me giggle through some tears. I've been listening from the start and followed kumbs from Bay YadA YadA YadA Cohen's. I followed kombs from way back when I was a honeycomb back in the YouTube Facebook clip days, and I've loved the content from day Dot. Apologies for the heaviness, but love your stuff, guys, Keep it up. Sending my love Eve, Oh Evey.
Speaker 2: Imagine being dumped and having a dead dog in the same day. That's full on. I'm so sorry, Dale, and.
Speaker 1: Also giggling listening to us through it. At what points do you think she put us on? Maybe? I hope we were at the inciting incident that led to the breakup like.
Speaker 2: Oh you ever do is listened to that fat boy, the whining girl and the other one. Where are you worried that if you insult me that I won't bring about approbation? I was waiting for some witty remark.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to leave it ambiguous. No, no, no no. I wanted you as choose your own adventure. All right, well done, We'll send you a maug whatever your name was. Let's go stay with Facebook. This one comes in from Ethan Hardy. Ethan is another day oner. I've been listening to the podcast since day one. I listen to you guys when I'm making dinner for the family or one I need a mental break and have had a long I need to laugh. After a long day of tape zoom classes with Lockdown, I found myself listening see you guys back at episode one and loving every moment of it, which I don't understand. I could never go back and listen to more the original podcast episodes if I've already listened to them. I don't know how people do it.
Speaker 2: Isn't it odd that he's been listening since day one and it's left it to now to leave a review? Like, what's the fuck about?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 2: Everyone, if you ever left, I agree, Hello, you can win a mug. It's not like you're just doing nothing yet.
Speaker 1: We are giving you a free content and be potentially a free mug for fuck's sake.
Speaker 2: We bend over backwards for you dogs, and you can't even twiddle your thumbs for a little bit to write some nice words. Get fucked what I'm out?
Speaker 1: Five out of our fucking seven days is spent worrying, planning, making producing this fucking show.
Speaker 2: The least you could do for a bit of a thtretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you ranted last week, so I thought it was it was only fair that it was my turn to jump on.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Look later, we've got your big guest still to come. But before that, we've got an eighty them to top five with two legends, right.
Speaker 1: Two Australian icons Comedy Icon amant Kella, Radio Icon Brandon Jonesy Jones and Amanda Because right now it's time for one of our favorite segments, Jones and Amanda in the morning.
Speaker 11: I'm clapping myself.
Speaker 9: He is pleasure to have you here, guys.
Speaker 11: And Jenez too. Jonesy please because it's a couple of mitches and Jenner is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just inserted herself into the show. It's our podcast technically, but we actually like her, so we just let it happen.
Speaker 1: She started behind the glass, and then about ten episodes in she was sort of at the door, and then fifteen in she was at the chair, and then by twenty she had a microphone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and by thirty it'll be Jenna and a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, we had to put her in a coffin maybe twenty episodes ago. You guys across that Jenna in a coffin.
Speaker 14: No, oh yeah, I was in a coffin for an hour.
Speaker 5: Shod you go?
Speaker 8: Was fine?
Speaker 11: Did it freak you out?
Speaker 1: No, that's because you're weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. Everyone was like watching the video, going, I'm so coaustrophobic. Jenna's like, I'm fine.
Speaker 11: She did a living room thing where one of the products was that they put your picture onto a coffin, so they had a coffin with my smiling face off, and Miguel, who's very superstitious as a Spaniard, just couldn't even be in the room. It was crossing himself that the strangest thing to see. Yeah, I wouldn't get in it funnily.
Speaker 5: Jennifer on her own.
Speaker 1: So that's what's so exciting to have you here. We all work in the same building, so it's the ar n Umbrella brand, but we do this podcast. We adore you, We admire you. I'm a radio nerd, Mitch is a radio nerd, and we've been to that, the two of you for years.
Speaker 11: So it's very kind of you.
Speaker 2: And finally enough, when we needed eighties music experts, you were the first people we thought of that.
Speaker 13: Well, that's in our wheelhouse.
Speaker 11: That is in our wheelhouse, particularly yours Brandan.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm a big ninety you know what, I'm really am a big fan of nineties and it's a really small window.
Speaker 13: It's like nineteen ninety six to nineteen ninety nine. Just on the past two thousand. There was a great era of like the nickel Backs, yeah, and Spice Girl, the Creeds.
Speaker 4: No, I'm talking about rock talking about that the rock, but Spice Girls were there, but there was you know all those sort of like Hell and Bottom.
Speaker 2: And you know when Shanai Twain came under the.
Speaker 4: That was when she had If you're not in It for Love, I'm Out of Here. That was her first That was her first break in.
Speaker 11: That's the nineties. Though, you're saying, do you want to play about eighties?
Speaker 2: Yes, for our eightieth episode, we're doing the top five.
Speaker 11: Eighty song more eighties because were my formative dancing years at disco. At the disco, it wasn't called I was pre disco. This was just where we'd go out dancing around the handbags. But I had my head kind of shaved like flock of seagulls, and it was all it was a that was I was the new wave here punk was there was there, Hey guys, would you mind wearing a ruffled shirt?
Speaker 1: And then that it was the distinction, got it? You would have known all the songs would have been new for you at the time because you're on radio. When did you start on I started in nineteen ninety, but yeah it was. But I was.
Speaker 4: I used to work in a disco down the snow called the Schlos Bar.
Speaker 13: What as.
Speaker 2: I can't say that with my lisp.
Speaker 4: I was the DJ down there and the big song at the time was Chain Reaction by Diana Ross.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, filler.
Speaker 4: That was a floor filler. Commun arts, don't leave me this way. It was a massive floor filler.
Speaker 11: I think when people are drinking in the snow, you know, you could put the seekers on and people would dance curiously.
Speaker 13: Though, what's it called bon Jovi Living on a Prayer?
Speaker 4: That came out at that time, but it never really filled the floor as it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. The strangest thing, it's kind of like Dale Well bothwaite the Horse many years after it was actually released, and.
Speaker 1: Now all these songs are being remixed and we're playing them on our radio stations. Very weird, strange times, strange times. That's why we thought we'd get you an Euoka Jenna having your bosses.
Speaker 14: You know, I'm been uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Just said to me on the weekend, can she take our action figures a man to course them dollies? You might have sent him in our TV and I have seen them that She said, can I take them home and film them this weekend?
Speaker 8: I enjoy playing with them?
Speaker 11: What can I mine? Came back with its belt loose.
Speaker 2: I'm not curious, she's learning, You're curious.
Speaker 1: I've been on this podcast all right?
Speaker 5: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Because I've got so We've each brought two songs. So I brought to Mitch, is brought.
Speaker 11: To j The fifth one is your favorite eighties songs?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Great, and what would you like us to do?
Speaker 2: Well, after you've heard them all, you can rank them one to five. You just throw the top five in order.
Speaker 1: So we will begin. This is my first song, so we'll let it play out. It's before the hook, as we call.
Speaker 12: It up to the hook hook, Here we go, call me, am I.
Speaker 5: You don't have to see.
Speaker 13: Such a range.
Speaker 5: Mitch so excited to show it off. That's mine, isn't that brilliant?
Speaker 11: I love that song.
Speaker 13: That is that's a great song from the movie American, great film.
Speaker 2: When she says called me. That was something completely different in the eighties. Phones, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: There was one phone in the house and you had to We had a code word. If you're talking to a boy, you'd say I'm doing the washing up, which meant mum's listening.
Speaker 1: Hold on, so if you were on the phone in the bedroom, you could hear the conversation of the other room.
Speaker 11: No phone in the bedroom. There was one phone in the middle of the house in a hallway and a phone table, and you had to sit at that little table for any phone conversation, and you had to.
Speaker 4: You had to ask your parents if you could use the phone. Yeah, and really thirty Mum, could I use the phone?
Speaker 11: No, Betty's phoning, so be quick.
Speaker 2: Do you find it weird that people's attitudes towards phone calls have changed completely because now people just watch their iPhones ring and just choose to ignore it. Home phones, it was like, drop everything, we can't miss this call.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the curious thing is with my friends and maybe this is a reflection of me. But we'll be talking about something and in the group of people you'll say, they'll ask your.
Speaker 13: Opinion about something. Yeah, and then as soon as you start talking, they'll start scrollings with the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: And people's attention spans.
Speaker 4: Has now dropped to about five seconds. You got five seconds to get a pitch.
Speaker 2: Sorry, completely, you really lost all right?
Speaker 1: Song number two is still mine already shower wait for the head drop.
Speaker 3: As we were.
Speaker 11: Working, Jonesy and I use as a little as Alzheimer's test.
Speaker 12: We have to do all the lefts from beginning to end.
Speaker 13: A couple of.
Speaker 5: Many of your face is dripping. That's a palsy.
Speaker 11: That's different.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Isn't that a good song?
Speaker 11: That's a great song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it still stands up. Dolly's around, still going, Dolly is still going.
Speaker 5: She's iconic. So that they're my two picks.
Speaker 13: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 5: So Brendan's got Brendan.
Speaker 13: I like it.
Speaker 1: That's like when you call your dad his first name.
Speaker 11: They felt very weird, call the teacher mom.
Speaker 13: I like it. So what do I do? I have to say?
Speaker 11: No, don't get no.
Speaker 5: I've got to hear all of them. Do you want to do your little pream?
Speaker 2: Yes? So my first one, I'm a bit uncertain about it, but it's a n ausy one. I wanted to throw an assy one in there. It's got like a bit of a sentimental background. It was like we had this home video when I was growing up of mom and dad dancing in the laundroom and it was just so wholesome and lovely. Mum had the tea towel in her hand. She'd just taken a brief moment from you know, being a busy mum to just dance with her husband in the loundroom. And it was to this song throw your Arms around Me and collectors.
Speaker 13: Beautiful song and I'll shout summer.
Speaker 11: I've got a story for this song to do you stuff? Good story?
Speaker 1: What's your story?
Speaker 11: Mine is that when my husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, came to my place to propose to me, and he was at the door in a suit, and he had a bag with him, and I said, what's happened? Where are you're going? And he said, I've just no, I need to come in for a second. And he came in and he opened up the bag and there was a bunch of carnations and a bottle of champagne and he got down in his hands and knee not I said, And he said, will you marry me? And so I went put on a bride'smaid's dress that I'd worn a few months before, and we put this song on repeat. This song I think of that.
Speaker 13: And didn't he say, to you with the flowers, get used to it.
Speaker 11: No, that was the first time we ever went out. He brought me a bunch of flowers. He said, get used to them. And I've never had any sense and he said, well, I meant that bunch.
Speaker 13: And didn't you have it off in the in the pile of old wedding dresses.
Speaker 11: No, I had that bride'smaid's dress on dress?
Speaker 5: Do you have dressed?
Speaker 11: I just went I had it off in that dress. Then, thanks for the information.
Speaker 1: Just then was still playing?
Speaker 5: Was this song still playing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Probably well for three minutes if rating as you can imagine a bridesmaid's dress to the dry cleaner. That look like it's been news.
Speaker 5: All right, good pick, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: That I feel like I've won Amanda over because now I do love a ballad. So my other pick is also a big belter, total eclipse of.
Speaker 1: The heart.
Speaker 8: To look in your.
Speaker 5: You a man that could do this.
Speaker 1: Actually, this banger, this is my karaoke.
Speaker 11: Wow, these are.
Speaker 4: Great song and Rod Stewart could have sang that song and they could have gone on the road as a tourist and presented by Fisherman's friends or suitors.
Speaker 2: We're gonna rk higher than yours, just quietly.
Speaker 5: Pop radio, guys. That's just popposite got My songs were as popposite God.
Speaker 1: In those times.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, all right, I'm ready, Jennery?
Speaker 1: Are you ready for your life? I am?
Speaker 14: I think the last one is the best one.
Speaker 10: I'm not even going to explain it, just.
Speaker 5: Play it itself.
Speaker 13: A water boys.
Speaker 2: The hell is this?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: Hold on, give it some.
Speaker 13: The water boys.
Speaker 5: And I've never heard this in my.
Speaker 11: Life never You know, you're lacky, exactly.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's Jenna's old soul plumbing through.
Speaker 4: Cheer your bucket and the weird that came like a comet.
Speaker 5: You're still talking about a man.
Speaker 1: That's not an address. Oh well, that's who is there?
Speaker 11: Mentioned your the water boys?
Speaker 2: The water All right, there we go.
Speaker 5: All right, you've got them there.
Speaker 2: Who do you want us to give? Your time to deliberate?
Speaker 13: We're doing this as an individual.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like this headphones.
Speaker 11: If pretend we're not here, I know what you're going to do.
Speaker 14: Use it.
Speaker 11: I'll put it together and then we'll hand that in.
Speaker 5: That's what you want to.
Speaker 4: Do, what you would do, and I would imagine that to me is how I'm thinking. That's how it could be with the possibility of that as a change.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking.
Speaker 10: I'm scared.
Speaker 13: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't forget the first ones?
Speaker 1: So there we have it.
Speaker 5: Time do you want us to open.
Speaker 13: Open your eyes?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, we'll do a we'll do a drum roll, and if you want to announce it.
Speaker 11: You're going to Go Radio five to one.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, okay, coming in at number five as good as it is.
Speaker 13: It's a bit of an album track.
Speaker 1: The whole of the Moon, Jenna, we love that.
Speaker 13: Part to the Clips of the Heart. Coming in at number.
Speaker 11: Four the other day that would be number one.
Speaker 4: Is a chury pick call me Blondie. Yeah please, it's Saturday number two. It's throw your arms around.
Speaker 3: Me, my god.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, the.
Speaker 2: Lyrics, you've got it.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's so good. Have you ever interviewed? I don't want to interviewed? Do was it?
Speaker 11: This year?
Speaker 1: This last year?
Speaker 11: This year over the zoom? It was Christmas. She got her book out of all those songs that she printed them in a beautiful book, and we interviewed her and could see her. We did a zoom thing.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 11: It was a highlight of my life. She was so charming.
Speaker 13: She really is amazing.
Speaker 11: I calm through the years and all the right reasons.
Speaker 4: Do you The song Islands in the Stream, which is sung with Kenny, was written by Barry Gibb.
Speaker 14: Mitch, do you know who Barry GiB is?
Speaker 4: Of course, yeah, so they he didn't have anyone to and Lionel Richie was originally going to sing Islands in the Street, a very different VI and Lionel said, I want to sing this, and then Barry rang Kenny can he rogers really and said you get someone?
Speaker 13: Do you know, could we get Dolly partner sing this with you?
Speaker 4: And he said, well, I'll go and ask her, and Kenny went into the bathroom where Dolly was.
Speaker 11: She was in the bar the point he was recording at her studio. It wasn't that they were living together and sharing a toilet, but she was in the bath and he walked in and you're over egging.
Speaker 13: The Islands in the Street.
Speaker 11: That's a visual joke he's making there.
Speaker 13: That's that's great.
Speaker 1: I think Amanda is the Mitchell and I'm the Jones of our show. It's very I found the dynamic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so true. Actually, I'm here.
Speaker 1: J's playing with the dollar. Yeah, it's too.
Speaker 2: Actually, Amanda often calls you by your full name, Brendan. I know his name. I'm like Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Skuld Intelligence, Intelligence, the cute one always in front of you in the foreground of the marketing pictures. It's my work.
Speaker 2: It's the hype.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 2: You gotta go.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I have very similar haircuts. You have the same hairdresser.
Speaker 11: I think, well, wow, you cut jones Is. Have you seen the back of it? Have a look turned around the back. That was unfortunate. I didn't know what guard was supposed to go on.
Speaker 1: It's a thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a that's a look at brain injury thing.
Speaker 5: This was so fun for us. What a true thank you for being here.
Speaker 11: I love that thank you? Why do we do songs of the nineteen twenties?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nice? Bring to mind?
Speaker 13: So I'm going backtown strutters ball.
Speaker 5: I'm picking the last post.
Speaker 1: That's my hit. O.
Speaker 9: Hey, before we.
Speaker 2: Let you go, I wanted to ask one question of you, Amanda. We've got a lot of young listeners, a lot of them females, So I thought, let's absorb some Amanda Keller wisdom.
Speaker 11: What would you like to know?
Speaker 2: So let's just pretend you can go back to little Amanda Keller in her twenties. What advice would you give her?
Speaker 11: I would say, just go for it. Don't have any destination in mind. I always thought anxious that I didn't know what I wanted my career to be, what jobs I wanted, And so it's the side doors for me where all the adventure has come and that's what I think has given me my one hundred and fifty million year career or my longevity. That I just went sideways a lot and that saved me out. Did the proposal the front door, and then that's my other thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that Mitchell's careers over there.
Speaker 5: In that case, what.
Speaker 2: About twenty year old Jones? Any advice for him?
Speaker 4: When that thirty year old woman puts a hard word on you, we're nineteen, take her up.
Speaker 11: On it unless she's in a bridesmaid's dress.
Speaker 5: Can I say one thing very quickly?
Speaker 1: I know you have to go.
Speaker 5: But I used to work shy boys through and through, and I used.
Speaker 1: To work at Cole's in Southgate when I left school and I worked there and and I wanted to get into radio. It was an aspiration of money. I loved it, but I wasn't in it had no inn. And I was at Coles and my mom said, Jonesy lives in the Shire and his wife I always see her in asle three. She loves the broadbands. Maybe I'm embellishing And she said, if you ever get this woman held up an A four photo, this is this is Jonesy's wife. You put a hard word on her, and you say, I want a job with your husband.
Speaker 5: And you know, the day she came through, I packed it in.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I knew it was her. I had this visual image of your beautiful wife in my mind. And I was there at the checkout. I was at eighteen scanning her items.
Speaker 5: Like a cholesterol diet to check out.
Speaker 1: And it's a meta musal. Yeah, And I said, I love to meet you. And you were there at the ATM getting a wad of cash off something. But you were there and I couldn't do it. I was terrified I should said, well, here we are. It came for look at that. But I had to tell you that my mum. I don't know why she knew that you lived in the area or who your wife was, but it's a local You're a local.
Speaker 13: Myth, a local myth, and she was.
Speaker 11: I said your wife was a myth as she was.
Speaker 2: Are you're mocking my listener.
Speaker 1: I don't know what was your number one?
Speaker 13: Russ?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 13: Come on and.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much for being here, guys.
Speaker 11: Well it was fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you, it's been amazing. We love you, guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 11: That was s great fun.
Speaker 2: I was robbed.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Is It Just Me?
Speaker 8: Podcast by a couple of midges.
Speaker 1: Oh they were lovely and as nice as Johnson and Mana were. It is my time to clear my name.
Speaker 2: And the big moment. There's been a lot of suspense. Will Mitch deliver with a big guest to get him out of probation? What do you got for us, Darlan?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. I've worked day in and day out to organize a guest that will not only fulfill the needs to get me off probation, but to impress not only my co hosts the listeners at home. I've emailed locally, I've emailed abroad. I am now ready and thrilled to announce my guest for the show today. Ladies and gentlemen, please be data, please welcome Is It Just Me? The podcast?
Speaker 5: Can I all go down with this?
Speaker 1: Ship? Did not.
Speaker 5: Answer? It's Hayden.
Speaker 1: Answer, Okay, it's Hayden Higson.
Speaker 2: I've just seen Hayden pop up on the them. Okay, not Dieto, but equally exciting. Hello Hayden, welcome me.
Speaker 1: A good singing talent. I would say, hey, hate Tim oh ye, welcome at long last.
Speaker 2: What the fuck, Mitch you said that you've been scouting nationally and internationally. You literally just rolled over in bed and said they want to come on the podcast. Don't get me wrong, Hayden, this is not a letdown, and in fact, Mitch, you did good. Our listeners have been requesting that we get Hayden, your boyfriend on the show for a long time, So keep it ambiguous.
Speaker 1: But I know three female Haydens, so you know the audience could still wonder he has the listener. I get dms all the time. Bring your partner and bring them on, Bring they on, and I go shit while.
Speaker 2: We keep being ambiguous, but we all know that Hayden's your gay boyfriend who's dick you suck. Okay, you don't need to you don't need to keep it vague. Please, Hayden, It's a thrill to have you on the show. Mitch has told me that you have been nervous I had to come on in the past because you were worried I might ask invasive questions. So I want to begin by asking if you've ever bleaked your asshole.
Speaker 9: So we're going to begin with gold Digger let's get right into it, crazy, dear.
Speaker 1: No, because that was the original plan to get Hayden on for gold Digger. And he was like, what's gold Digger? Because Hayden famously has never heard an episode of this podcast in his shop.
Speaker 9: What the fuck? No, that's not true. I'm going to clear the air. I have listened. I just don't listen every episode.
Speaker 2: That's it, Hayden. Can I tell you some evidence that I have that you do not listen and you are, for what we call in the bees, a fake Stan. I listened to the podcast that you and your loving gay fag boyfriend Mitch did together.
Speaker 1: Yes, what they called again the Top one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yes, I listened to the Top one hundred. And there was a point where Mitch mentioned John Laws and you said, who the fuck's John Laws? Yeah, if you were a regular listener of ours, that would be no mystery, Dallen just.
Speaker 9: Saying yes, no, And I will say this. I was going through like igen before I hopped on today, just to sort of prepare myself and get a feel of what I was getting myself into. And I call myself googling, like, I not google it. I went on Instagram trying to find who John Laws were, and I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, I'll give you the tip.
Speaker 5: Who is it?
Speaker 1: What is it? Isn't an award? What is it? It's a state of mind John Laws.
Speaker 9: Really it sounds like a Duke of Edinburgh equivalent.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, John Laws is like a the Kyle Sandalanz before Kyle Sandalans and Kyle a lot of his inspo from John Laws. He's on AM. He retired, had a massive fanfare, then came back a month later because he was bored.
Speaker 2: And so we shit, can him slash celebrate him a lot on this show called him last week. You know another thing I thought while listening to the Top one hundred with You Too, I thought, all these stories that Hayden's telling from when he was younger, I feel like we would have been best mates. And I was like, shit, why am I good friends with Mitch? I've got more in common with Hayden.
Speaker 1: What are some of the things that you related to did you?
Speaker 9: Did you also stuff like a lady like a topless ladies magazine into your showbacks?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes I did that. And then there was also being a big fan of all the TV countdowns like Rage that is my shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so much.
Speaker 2: If you, if Heaven forbid, one day, you and Hayden should call it quits. Am I still allowed to be friends of them? Or don't have to choose you in the divorce? Oh?
Speaker 1: Good point. I think I think you have to choose me. But I think if we would ever to break up, Hayden, it would be amicable and we we'd still be able to go to dinner together.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'd like to think so we're best friends.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's ever going to happen, though, you guys, Yeah, I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I haven't even entertained the idea that would. Now, why would you bring that up, Hayden?
Speaker 2: Would you want Mitch to propose to you hypothetically or would you ever be the one to do it?
Speaker 9: We've discussed so, I we have discussed this, and I have a very specific sort of series events that I would like to unfold. I would like Mitch to propose to me, but as he does, I happy to as so we both get a ring at them at that moment, and I think it'll be very I think we'll both know that it's coming at because you know, Mitch's all be fan of romantic gestures, and I feel like it's going to be like something very like over the top and big. But I also think we both come from families where we're going to ask each other's parents, and both of our parents can't lie, so I think we're both going to be able to like work out the situation.
Speaker 1: And you have to tell my dad, you cannot tell my mom.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what happened with your sister, right, Like your mom couldn't hide shit, so like rather in law to be.
Speaker 1: My mom was so upset, but he only got my dad's blessing because he couldn't trust me. We just went to dad, which is very fair and I completely agree.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what was it.
Speaker 2: Like, Hayden, when you were dating Mitch when he was still in the closet, because there was a period there where you guys were kind of like secret boyfriends and he hadn't told his family or anything.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, like it was it was very random. I had never dated anyone before that was still in the closet. But obviously, like it's such a traumatic experience, like actually coming out, and I think that with Mitch when I met him and his family. I kind of got it because they're so tight knit, Like I've never seen a family that close before, and so yeah, it was kind of strange. But I just kind of like, I don't know, I just tried to be as supportive as possible. But I kind of feel bad Mitch because I feel like, like, because of our relationship, it always put you in a position where you had to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I needed that. I needed that, and Mitch, you know me, you knew me at the time. I was I was just very happy to skate along like I was very I needed the push, and I think that's why it happened.
Speaker 2: Really like most people when they're coming out of the closet would take baby steps. Like they come out, they come to termine themselves. They come out, they start going on dates. You went from zero to one hundred. You were like, I'm straight, and then next minute, I'm in a committed relationship with a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that relationship is not ending. Yeah. Yes, but it's not like I'm a fucking politician like I. People were. People weren't surprised, you know, they weren't blown out of the water that I had come out.
Speaker 9: I think some were surprised, though, Yeah, what about your family.
Speaker 1: No, my family was shocked. Yeah, they were not all of them, but some.
Speaker 2: And were you already out Hayden to family or did you have to come out as well.
Speaker 9: No, I was already out. I'd been out for a couple of years. I came out to my mom in like year twelve because I started to actually I started to build up like my friend group, and I was like becoming friends with a lot of girls. I went to an all boys private school, so like that was sort of the first time I really got to find who I was, was like actually hanging out with with girls. And because I was doing like the musical anyway that sh'ld have been signed one. Yeah, I remembered he was. I was worried to come out to my mom, as every kid would be worried to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I took my mom to Chatswood Chase shopping Center and I told her that I was by in the food court, and I remember thinking, I want to do it in a public place because I if she gets mad, I don't want her to like yell, which is a very very sad thing to think about. But she was very lovely and very quickly after I came out to her, She, like my the school counselor who I was in at the time, told me that my mom had reached out to her to work out the best possible way that she could be supportive for me, so very sweet, like it was a good coming out.
Speaker 1: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 2: Lovely? Yeah, it's one of those things where it always it's more daunting in the lead up than the actual reality. In many cases, like Mitch, your family wouldn't have flipped out or anything, even though it was daunting to come out.
Speaker 1: Ah, it was not a positive point in my life. But they were fine after a good month or two. But it took them time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took my family time too, But they didn't fucking kick me out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, But Hayden's right. My family are very closed. They weren't upset that I was gay. I've got two gay uncles, but they were upset that I had not told them. I just took that very personally.
Speaker 2: How long had you and Hayden been dating in secrets before you came out? It was like a couple of months, I think, because I knew I was one of the privileged ones that knew.
Speaker 1: Mitchell like a month and a half. No, well, it was it was October that we started talking and then I didn't come out till till February.
Speaker 9: You no, no, no, I think you came out in January because you came out like the second we got home from our Melbourne holiday. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You went on a secret.
Speaker 1: I haven't told this. This story is hellish. No, I haven't told this story.
Speaker 2: I've never told it Tory Hayden, and part of me still thinks it's too soon this story.
Speaker 1: This was the worst moment of my life. Now. I had come out, Hayden, because mom knew that I was gay, but she she didn't know that I was going away. So what happened was I'd come out. Oh no, I came out in December, the week before Christmas because Mum said you could have waited till after Christmas and stormed out. That's a very ray.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's not go into it. She's amazing and it was just the period anyway, You're.
Speaker 2: Like, Mum, it's very festive. I'm a ho ho ho.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I came out like early December, and then Hayden, I was still talking, and then we wanted to go on holiday and I had time off from radio, so Hayden and I book a trip, secret trip that Mitch knew about going to Melbourne together, and we were official. We were dating, and I told my mum and my dad that I was going alone and that I was seeing some friends, some radio friends, and it was going to be great.
Speaker 2: And instead you were bloody stabbing one up your favorite boyfriend the whole time.
Speaker 1: Instead, I blocked my family on social media on stories, and then continued to have a trip like normal, and I almost got away with it, except my mum was out with her best friend at dinner in Cronulla in the Shire, and Mum was like, oh, oh, Mitch's in Melbourne. Her best friend was like, oh yeah, I've seen all these posts. He looks like he's having a great time.
Speaker 2: Because I forgot to Yeah, that's right, you forgot to block the best I've forgotten.
Speaker 1: To block the best friend and Turner shout out, and I was like, oh, Hayden and I were having the best time. And then Mum goes, oh, really, let me have a look. Let me have a look at some of those some of the photos put up and I'd sent mum photos of me in the moment and in the museum right, and I was there was like a funny backdrop. And also on my story, I tagged Hayden and on his profile Hit uploaded a photo with the same backdrop. So Mum went, oh, that boy, he is at the same place that Mitchell's at and we put two and two together. But then clock this, right, the waiter at the restaurant that your mum with that comes up and goes, welcome ladies. Yeah, the restaurant, mom is a welcome ladies. The alphabet street crininized, so great to have you shook your babies, so good to see you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, who are you looking at on your phone? And it was with the waiter. He sounds like a bit of a moo himself.
Speaker 1: He's gay.
Speaker 9: Yes, I kind of exit he's gay.
Speaker 1: We love him. And they're stalking Hayden's profile. Haven't really worked it out yet with that kind of sus and he goes, oh my god, how do you know Hayden Hickson, And my mum and Anne go, oh, we don't know, we don't, we we don't, we just we're just on his Instagram he's in Melbourne and Mum went, yeah, he's in Melbourne, I think, and and this guy went, yeah, he is in Melbourne. Mom went, do you know who he's there with? And Andrew went, yeah, he's there with his I think his new boyfriend, oh Penny drop yeah. And then this guy I think realized what he had done, and then he sent a message to Hayden and to Hayden going, Hi, is your boyfriend out? Is your boyfriends? Mum? Do she living? Is your boyfriend? Is he out of the class? Is your boyfriend's mum?
Speaker 14: Da?
Speaker 1: And then Mum to Spider sent me a photo of her and and the waiter are selfie going can't wait to meet this mystery boy, very passive, aggressive, and that's how she found out about Hayden.
Speaker 2: I remember after that, Mitch, you called me and you were like fuck.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was a hush. And then when I came back, Mum was so mad. It was an awful period. We don't like to relive it.
Speaker 5: Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Because we've moved past it. A Mum's so good now, but it was just you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are no issues now, but you know, it's always a bit prickly during that yeah fucking period, especially when you keep secrets. I know, I actually a question for you. Mitch tells us the story often about the first time you actually met face to face. We know that you met on Tinder, and he stalked the perimeter of your university like some predatory trying to match you desperately.
Speaker 1: Yes, very romantic trench coat.
Speaker 2: But the moment that you actually came face to face for the first time, he tells it in a very romantic way. Mitch zippy lips for a bit. I want to hear Hayden's perspective and see if they match, because we know you're a bit of an embellisher at times.
Speaker 1: I hadn't read the script the script I've just sent you, and you'll be look.
Speaker 9: I will say, I feel like when Mitch told stories, he embellishes a shitload, and I feel like sometimes I'm like this, like none of this is true, Like we've literally dialed it up at least seventy percent. But I will say the first time we met was legitimately like something out of a movie, and like I had never experienced anything like that before, which is probably why I was so infatuated with you. But yeah, He's right, like it was just a regular day we were we were just messaging. Suddenly we just kind of felt like we needed to see each other. And you know, like I mean, from my perspective, I was just lying in my bed just really hoping that I could see this guy. And I was kind of hoping that when I messaged him he was like around in the area because I knew obviously he worked at Kiss. But yeah, like you know, Mitch, just lets me know that he'll be like at mine in five minutes. I start to freak out and I like, not gonna lie had a bit of a boner, and I was like, this goes down by the time he arrives at my house.
Speaker 2: Were you, Mitch, were you freaking out as well? And did you crack a fat as well?
Speaker 1: I've told you I was freaking out and I put lip barb on, but it was a menthol that I had to wipe it off. Then my lips were red. And then I drove over a medium strip and dented the front of my car, all because I wanted it to be like a movie. None of that had to happen. And then it was a drive by pash right, and yeah.
Speaker 9: I It was legitimately one of the most like shocking and surreal moments in that like I just walk up to the car, like his this very handsome.
Speaker 2: Guy which romantic music. Oh god, okay, keep Talkingden.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and and just you know this, this vaults wagon like oddly shaped pulls up and you know, Mitch rolls down the windows. I'm fairly sure he's got this like cool boy glasses on, and I could tell that he was like very much trying to be cool and be swave, but in reality it was just this like like loser putting on a bit of a front, trying to like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like now now you know him so intimately you know that he's not cool. He would have been a nervous, sweaty boy if he faked it till he made it. And didn't he make it?
Speaker 9: Dylan, Yeah, absolutely. You know when people like you know who are nervous at the end of like you know, a zoom call, they're like uh no, like when they're like ordering food or whatever and they say like they say, enjoy your meal, and they're like you two. It was like that exact that energy when after Mitch kissed me, like he kissed me and then it was like I'm going, I'm going like rolls up the window, tries to be coy. I've got to go see her, and it's just like.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've got somewhere to be.
Speaker 2: A window went up, and so it's literally, Mitch, you can tell that you're like a showbiz guy because you you did that old show biz or leave them morning more. You just like wound down the window quick pash and then off you fucked. And then Hayden's They're like I need more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, because I had a meeting with the bosses because my show was about to launch and I honestly thought I was gonna be late and I was like twenty minutes. So I'm this his first love is very exciting moment. Well, anyway, it.
Speaker 9: Was really exciting. It's a very lovely story.
Speaker 2: Also, how cute that you guys met on Tinder and you're still going strong. It gives me hope that after this lockdown, once I'm able to go on Tinder dates again, I might actually have some luck.
Speaker 1: I've heard quite a few Tinder success stories, to be honest, Like I don't hear any horror stories from Tinder. In fact, I know a lot of couples that have met and actually successful me to have a relationship now after meeting on Tinder.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard both. There's definitely some horror stories, not because of Tinder, but you know, we've all had shitty dates.
Speaker 10: I certainly have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true. But like I thought, oh, I'll never meet a couple that succeeded on Tinder. Then it happened to me, and then I'm other people in the real world. I'm like, well, there you go.
Speaker 2: We should do a segment on that, Like anyone listening who has a Tinder fail or a Tinder triumph, Tinderella, or what if we call it Tinder fails and fairy tales. There we go, your rhyming tails it.
Speaker 1: Fails and fairy and what We'll get people on that have done well and have been killed almost on Tinder. We want both stories.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear about attempted murders just like crappy Tinder dates. They can't all be amazing, you know. Anyway, Sorry, Hayden, We're just having a brainstorm.
Speaker 1: Where were we He's not here to talk about our love inception and the story of that.
Speaker 9: He's Yeah, when do I get to say my igems because I made a list.
Speaker 2: Oh you've come with an igin prepared.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well this is the thing. Mitch was like, Okay, you know, told me your gem before you go on, because they've got to make sure it's good.
Speaker 1: We've been hyping this.
Speaker 9: Up for such a long time.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I haven't No, I haven't approved these. I haven't seen these. No, he hasn't seen them.
Speaker 9: But I don't like I have a few here, but I don't think any of them are like good, And oh my god, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Like, don't you Why don't you send them to Jenna and we can do a Jenna's junk of yours. Yeah, let's do it. Let's do send them to Jenna. Send them to Jenna out. If it's just if you've written them, just send her a photo and then you can explain that I.
Speaker 9: Send it to you on Facebook, Jenna.
Speaker 2: So what was it like, Hayden, by the way, doing a podcast with Mitch, because I know that it can be like walking on fucking hot coals some days. So how did you go?
Speaker 9: I will say it went surprisingly well. And as I say that, I know that Mitch is freaking out because he's like shot, like I think he's annoyed that. I was shocked that it went really well, But I was trying to explain to him before, like we know it's COVID right, Like we're not seeing anyone else, Like we only see each other pretty much, and I feel like we kind of have our own like love language thing where we keep calling each other nicknames, keep being really silly. And I was kind of like, oh, we're going to be able to put on like a podcast where we're not you know, being like you know, Silah.
Speaker 2: I know there was a point early in the episode where Hayden you said, oh, so anyway, Mitch, and he goes, did you just call me Mitch, and like we're on a podcast, I can't call you baby?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, literally we have think what I was I would loved. I was very excited to do it, but for me it was like, fuck, I do the show every night because I have a radio show and I do this podcast. Yeah, and all I ever fucking do is sit behind a mic. So when Hayden was like, let's do this, let's do this, I'm like, no, that's like getting a Cole's deli worker to going on the weekend and shave some devon. They don't want to do it.
Speaker 9: No, but I'm very thankful you did it, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really good. Can I just say, oh, thank you?
Speaker 1: That's very sweet? Sweet?
Speaker 2: I keep going to call it the hottest one hundred? Can you please plug it correctly?
Speaker 9: Go Hayden, it's the hot one hundred.
Speaker 1: That's not it. Oh the top, it's the one hundred. Jobviously slid the top in there, didn't I wish a hundred?
Speaker 2: Really just trying to come and shit on our top five segment, aren't you, Hayden.
Speaker 1: We've just finished and.
Speaker 2: You're like, well, I see your top five and I raise your top one hundred.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 1: The plan is so it'll be the top one hundred, and we've done. What have we done, Hayden? Top moments in Australian culture. But around Halloween we'll do top one hundred spooky movies or top one hundred I don't know, scary moments, or in a Christmas we can do top one hundred Christmas cakes or whatever.
Speaker 9: But I think what we failed to realize is there aren't like a good one hundred of many things, of many Top one hundred A Cracker brands once you get through vital Wheat and Crusket you really.
Speaker 2: Oh, Darling. I struggled with the top five half the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, you can go and listen our iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Jenna, have you have you reviewed the so called shit iGEM from Hayden? Are we going to choose the best one? And we're going to do all three?
Speaker 11: These do not.
Speaker 3: Belong in I junk. They are fantastic, especially the first one.
Speaker 1: Let's just let's do it as we normally do. Well, roll the intro, Let's.
Speaker 3: Take a peek as junk.
Speaker 1: Shall we? All right, go for it.
Speaker 2: Hayden's junk is no foreign sight to our Mitch Churry.
Speaker 1: But we're going to be true, Jenny, be very delicate with it, all right, it's very sensitive. Hayden. You will you just Jenna will read them and then you justify them after and you discuss them. Okay, okay, cool.
Speaker 8: Oh this is good.
Speaker 1: I'm like what we usually get? Is it me?
Speaker 14: Or is getting your driver's license? Don't I completely agree?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: I think that and the reason why I say this, I know that it's a stereotype that gay people can't drive. But I will say that I want to double down on my inability to drive by saying that Mitch always complains about petrol, he complains about parking permits, he complains about like red oh whatever that is, and so I just feel like it's so much better to just uber everywhere.
Speaker 2: No, You've got a point, actually, because every time I say to Mitch, oh, are you gonna be getting like fucked up tonight, and he goes, no, I'm driving, And I was like, get Hayden to drive for once, and he has to remind me Hayden doesn't drive, and I was like, yes, you guys are not exactly living in a shit house. I know you've got dollars pay for an grow up.
Speaker 9: I will say that's I feel like that's the only downside to not being able to drive. It's like, if I were to get my license tomorrow, it's not because I will be driving places. It's literally so that, like I can take some of the load off with Mitch when it comes to driving.
Speaker 1: Shit, your plan was to pay for every third tank of petrol, and even your mom even said you can put it on her visa that you have in your Apple pack. But I feel like, I don't.
Speaker 9: Need to do that since I'm not going anywhere you am and I.
Speaker 1: Pay for it.
Speaker 2: Did you even get your l's, Hayden, this is the thing.
Speaker 9: I got my l's and I did all the hours, and by doing all the hours, I did half the hours, but fudge the rest. I went for my peace. Apparently I almost hit someone. I don't believe it. I failed the second time I did my piece test. I drove over an island, so it was like immediate failed twenty minutes in. And since I told everyone at school that I foiled my piece test twice and got bullied for it, I have been too scared to drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's been years since high school. I know bars have well and truly healed. You can do it, and you've got a brilliant living driving coach Mitchell Turi.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 9: Look, the scars may have healed, but in reality, my l's have expired, and so I'll have to get my l's again.
Speaker 1: And she's backing that was a good job. Is it just me?
Speaker 14: Or is having to wee seventeen times a day kind of endearing?
Speaker 9: And I will say I've needed to go to the bathroom since we started recording.
Speaker 1: But I've held it in.
Speaker 2: Those types that always needs to go to the bathroom. And not only that, this is going back to the driving thing. You'd always be saying to Midge, Babe, can we pull over? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no.
Speaker 9: Seriously, when we got our first vaccine, because you know how they tell you have to drink a lot of water before you like get the vaccine, I was drinking leaders of it because I was freaking out. And so we arrived at Sidney Olympic Park after what a twenty minute drive. Midge and I have to pee so badly. He just drops me off at this like nearby bush. Meanwhile, people are lining up to like get their vaccine, and I'm just like trying to hide in and duck and piss into this like bit of shrubbery.
Speaker 1: Even some anti vaccines are like, I'll get the vaccine if it means I can not look at this again. Meanwhile, I can hold onto a piece for three to four days.
Speaker 2: I reckon I could too. Seriously, Yeah, I've never been able to relate to people who talk about having no control over their anus or their ladder. Same if I need to go, I can stop it.
Speaker 1: Same one, oh Classiciden.
Speaker 14: Is it just me or are the Spice Girls more important than the Beatles?
Speaker 1: I mean, I yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 9: I feel like I can talk about this for for the rest of the podcasts. Off now okay, well I'll just say the Beatles. I can't listen to a single song of Beirs. I think it's very cringe. We don't love to support straight white men in twenty twenty one, so you will not be streaming those old people, some of which have died.
Speaker 1: I feel like I hate that.
Speaker 9: The Beatles half of it isn't one ear and half of it are in the other. That's cringe the spot that, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean in one ear out the other.
Speaker 2: It's like when you listen to the song sometimes the music is in the left, the instrumental is in your left ear, and the voices are in the right, and it's a head fu put.
Speaker 9: Do that because it was like them experimenting at the time of like Split, like it was experimental. Basically they would put some guitars on the left, some guitars on the right, so you'd sort of feel in the center of the music. I think this was the aim. Yeah, but it was cringe. I'd like to say, you'll be there the second single times out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Hayden, Jenna, Is there any more Joe? Yes? Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Or do you hate room temperature liquids?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 11: Really agree?
Speaker 2: If it's not freezing cold or boiling hot, I don't want to know.
Speaker 9: I feel like I only ever drink boiling water or waterver has ice in it.
Speaker 1: It's the bane of my existence because Hayden, as you know, we can't have showers together because because of the Bible, because of our modesty belts, we can't get them where. I have really sensitive skin. I have a skin condition, but also from the rowactane from when I was a pimply kid. My skin is so sensitive through a wakatane it gives you acting in severe depression. Did you not have it?
Speaker 2: Coombs?
Speaker 1: No, I've got no idea what he was and Gate there was no humidity to give him acne.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a South African village rowakatane.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 9: I remember the day I came off for Raakitane and I was like, oh, I'm happy, Like I like didn't realize I was depressed for all your mind.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, roakatane can permanently change the chemicals you. I saw a TikTok someone being like, if you're an anti vacxib, you had roakitane. Grow the fuck up because the symptom list for roaktane is through the roof. It's really dangerous, especially for young minds.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought I had it bad because my Proactive bleached all the tails.
Speaker 9: But that sounds a yeah, we had that too.
Speaker 1: I went through that proactive we needed. Is it just me? But is Proactive shit? You would run through the bottle like there was no tomorrow, and then you'd have months left of.
Speaker 9: Three Yeah, ruined pillowcases and.
Speaker 2: Step one, which was meant to be the exfoliator. It literally felt like I was rubbing shards of glass into my skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when you call one of those numbers on those stupid advertorials for Proactive, the woman on the phone would say, by the way, step one, two, and three are going to give you a horrific crash, So you're gonna want to buy the moisturizer as well. They would upsell it by shitcanning their own product, and they will not moisturizer. I look like a fucking Tomata.
Speaker 1: Yeah, terrible. Jenna's got more?
Speaker 11: Is it just me?
Speaker 14: Or can you not get to sleep without listening to ASMR huh anywhere?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: That's a you thing, damn it.
Speaker 9: I just feel like my mind when I try and go to sleep is racing and I need something to focus on. So I listened to or like rain sounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I definitely fuck with sleep time meditations or that Illuminate app that I made Mitch use that replicates an LSD troop with the flash on your phone.
Speaker 9: You made no sorry, you made me hold up the phone like an arms leg the way.
Speaker 1: From Mitch's heads and he could fully relax into it.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just at home, Mitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told you I used it.
Speaker 2: I love Illuminate and you made it fucking hate and hold it your pieces.
Speaker 1: Twenty five minutes and I said not until I can you move?
Speaker 2: Well, this is the peril of being single. I have to hold my own. I'm with you, Haten. I definitely can use other stimulus to put me to sleep, but not ASMR. It's fucking creepy. I'm going to crank my mic up.
Speaker 1: Oh no, hater, pump Hayden, pump your micup and take that sock off. That mic is incredible. Go do some now. Hello, Hello sir, Hello ma'am. Welcome to the hotel. Would you like fresh owls? Would you like me to change the sheets? Thank you?
Speaker 13: Boh, see you later.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. Well, thank you, Hayden. All right, Mitch's turn.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna crank this sock up the mic stup?
Speaker 10: Hi, thank god it's someone's romen again. Am I right? It's been so long since I've seen each other. Oh honey, they split in. Don't worry, babe, I'll sort that out.
Speaker 1: Oh God, scip that up with the sis.
Speaker 10: There we go. Oh that looks much nicer. You don't look like a fucking wil Tobeas anymore. Hello, there we go. Thank you for coming to Mitchell Salon love you.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 9: Is that so good?
Speaker 1: Or I'm just so desperate for a haircut because I'm really overgrown?
Speaker 2: It looks fine, honey.
Speaker 1: All right, well we should wrap. What a brilliant guess Hayden was.
Speaker 2: It's not what I was expecting, but it was. It was a treat. Nonetheless, Hayden, we wanted to get you one for a while.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold, on, hold on, hold on, hold on. Does this mean that I have officially left probation?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was like the challenge was, oh, you have to book a guest, and it's like, did you try hard to get Hayden? Not really? But also that doesn't mean it was bad content. Actually, Mitchell, can you leave the room. I'm gonna have to consult with my two ic, my second in charge, prize keeper Jenna.
Speaker 5: Oh, I have to leave.
Speaker 1: I could just sit here.
Speaker 2: No, take your headphones off so you can't hear me.
Speaker 5: Hey, they'n't answer ready in that question.
Speaker 2: Jenna, What do you think wright? Jenna? Do you think that he deserves a path probation?
Speaker 14: You know, will like Hayden, You're great, but you're not Dido.
Speaker 2: No, you're not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: You're right, Nora am I and Nora is Jenna.
Speaker 10: No, none of us are.
Speaker 14: None of us will be as good as Dido. But you know what, you are a great guest. And if it was anybody else, I would say no. I'm going to say yes. He can go back on probation anytime.
Speaker 2: Oh, make no mistake, I'll demote the bitch at the drop of a hat, but we'll bring him out of probation for now. I wish that he was here to play a celebration sound effect, because this sounds like an Eddie climax. Yep, he's out of probation.
Speaker 1: All right, where do we land?
Speaker 2: Yeah we didn't. Yeah, yeah, your past, your path probation.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm out. Well done, honey, something that never existed.
Speaker 8: Don't get too comfortable.
Speaker 1: Why just don't. I'll back in there like.
Speaker 2: The bitch you are.
Speaker 9: Don't worry, which I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: You got out.
Speaker 2: I am doing that conversation before.
Speaker 1: All right, Hayden, what a pleasure. It was a celebratory moment. Episode eighty Hayden Hickson's premiere. What a great show.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: It's been very fun.
Speaker 2: Happy lockdown, Hayden both.
Speaker 5: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: If it is your first time listening, Jesus Christ, that would have been confusing. Thank you for pushing through. Leave us a review five stars.
Speaker 2: Hayden, Is that what you said to Mitch the first night that you intimate? Thank you for pushing through.
Speaker 5: Oh right, thank you for pushing through.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me. Oh, thank you come again? All right? Good to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're good to go. Happy eighty if everyone, thank you for coming.
Speaker 5: I'll see you next week. Everybody, Is it just me?
Speaker 8: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 6: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcomed to add brief. This is our secret segment on the end. If we've got a guest host on, we boot them out if we sense that they don't know about the secret segment, But if they are aware of the secret segment, we let them stay. So Hayden, Hello, oh Hello.
Speaker 9: Can I just say I miss when Enduring Idiots was called add Brief?
Speaker 1: How don't they call it at the start? No, if you want to join it in During Idiots on Facebook, because people don't even know it's there. It's a secret Facebook group for big fans.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's very fun. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 1: What Mitchell, I wanted to bring something to the table now that I'm a fully fledged fifty percent owner of the company. I never said that should we instill someone? And I even think we can make it content for the podcast. We can hold auditions, employee, unpaid employ a moderator for injuring idiots.
Speaker 2: No, that's a dreadful idea. Ah, that's stupid kidding. I'm just kidding. I see where you're coming from. But I am worried that the power will go to their head and they'll just go blocking and banning bitches, and then we'll get complaints, much like when contraceptive diaphragm. Sam edited certain birthday messages out of mind and people are bitching and moaning.
Speaker 1: Turn Coat, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: That was Sam's call? I put all of your messages in, there were no cuts, went it was your birthday, but apparently there was some missing from mine.
Speaker 1: I don't have the power and edit at All I did was rally them up and then Sam ax I think he tried to time the video to the music of Shanaia Twain, so he just went, we have thirty more but it doesn't fit by and left them No. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's my worry is that we will employ some rat to be our moderator, let's say, names Madison, and then we'll get all We'll get this flood of complaints which we then have to moderate. Madison blocked me for no good reason, and I'd just be like, fucking hell.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. We hold auditions on the show. We get them on they plead their case. We give them scenarios and they tell us what would happen. We go Bob from from will Kenya post a racist meme. Do you accept, do you be decline? Or do you see block? Rob?
Speaker 9: It sounds like the driver's license l's test.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I've done it three times.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 9: I think you guys should get a moderator, partially because I want you both to start going live on TikTok and I would like and it's good to have a moderator that moderating comments there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hayden, I don't think we have discussed this on the show, but Hayden works at TikTok. Now Have I said that on the show?
Speaker 2: You know you've mentioned it, You've said that Hayden works at TikTok. I might have made the sly remark about oh you're on them TikTok dollars now, so you're good? We do.
Speaker 9: We do love pivoting way to tech companies for money. Yes, yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Did you know Hayden? I know you're not a regular listener of ours, but your name does come up a lot. It's quite cute. Actually, you're not even the point of the story. But if Mitch is ever telling a story, it's always like he'll He'll never say, oh so I went to the supermarket. He'll say, oh so I was at the supermarket with Hayden. It's like your name is just constantly floating around in the show.
Speaker 9: That's so sweet.
Speaker 5: That's very sweet.
Speaker 9: I do feel like I expect it though, just because Mitch and I like, Mitch is literally ninety percent of my world, and it's and I assume it's the other it's Oh, that wasn't meant to be that sweet, And it's just meant to be that we spend so much time with each other that they we automatically are the other characters in the stories. But that's very sweet.
Speaker 1: Yes, sweet?
Speaker 13: What can you do? Guys to me?
Speaker 5: What can you do?
Speaker 9: Mit?
Speaker 2: I can see you clicking away there.
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm timing out Melbourne, very focused, fuck Melbourne and they're all in lockdown. No one's listening.
Speaker 1: My actual, my actual say it with me radio is airing very soon. I have to time out. No one gives a ship.
Speaker 2: Why am I telling you we should we go?
Speaker 13: Then? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I think I think we should get a moderator. And I think we should do the Moderator Games.
Speaker 8: I like the audition part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Moderator Games, and would say six and I'm going to open it up now, which I can organize it. Don't worry, you have to lift a finger if you would like to enter the first annual Moderator Games. D m us on Instagram or me on Mitchell General Facebook, contact and let us know.
Speaker 5: We need six tributes.
Speaker 9: Tribute what is half.
Speaker 2: Of our.
Speaker 1: May the odds be that in your favor and in the coming weeks you will be auditioned on the air and the winner will become the moderator of our secret Facebook group in during idiots. Wow, that's got a bit of the last post to it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, vibes for sure.
Speaker 2: See we take him off probation and he gets a bit fucking cocky.
Speaker 11: This always happens.
Speaker 1: Oh no, just reinstalled the live tweets module.
Speaker 2: And we got Can I just say that I noticed that the stupid live tweet gag and the gunshot made an appearance in the top one hundred podcasts.
Speaker 1: It's a through line and Hayden didn't laugh either. Give what use the gun for? I would have laughed. I don't think I did.
Speaker 2: Anyone who hasn't listened to the top one hundred podcasts yet, you can actually turn it into a drinking game. Oh and take a sip every time they give a shout out, because quite frankly, they couldn't go more than two fucking sentences without giving a shout out. By the end of the night, it was like anyway, So I walked down the street, shout out to the street, and the sky was blue. Shout out to blue, and shout out to mcrory's.
Speaker 1: Now that is Hayden's vernacular.
Speaker 2: They my diction, Oh my god, shout out to diiction.
Speaker 1: If Hayden would have given he would shout out the dead Grandma.
Speaker 2: I would shout out to the He's like shout out to the ashes, shout.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the finger sandwiches at reception, it's twelve o'clock at the local, oraseu.
Speaker 5: My favorite one.
Speaker 2: Was when you gave a shout out to Pixar because you were so thankful that they filmed Finding Nemo in Sydney, and I was like, also, they didn't film Finding Nemo. Just quietly, I don't know if you're a cross it. You were like, shout out to Pixar for filming Fighting Nemo and Sydney, and I was like, oh my gods, wrong.
Speaker 9: For his acting performance.
Speaker 1: Really, Nemo was great. Was served.
Speaker 9: Nemo served trauma when he got stuck in that filter in the tank.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the filter.
Speaker 2: So you both got the address wrong. It's P Sherman forty two, Wallaby Way, Sydney.
Speaker 1: What do we say thirty three?
Speaker 2: I think you said thirty three. Mitch said one hundred and ten.
Speaker 1: I don't hat and we should be transparent. We were both quite drunk recording that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, because I was a bit nervous and I was like, I've just got to have a bitcharac.
Speaker 5: So we did.
Speaker 1: We did it there in the Kiss Studios pre lockdown, so we were like here it was a whole thing. So we're like that's and the bee fridge was open, so we had some alcohol. It was good. It was actually a really fun recording. It's actually a nice way to get to know your partner and also to put you through the piece.
Speaker 2: That came through. It sounded really fun and you also learned new things about each other. There were stories that came up that you had guys hadn't heard before.
Speaker 1: I think if you can do it, this is a very twenty twenty one moral. But if you can do a podcast with your partner without killing each other, you know you're under something good. It's the new.
Speaker 9: If you can travel with your partner, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: If you can start the podcast.
Speaker 1: Because I start a podcast with your brother is then oh all right, little bro. Nope, that's awful.
Speaker 9: Brother, I'm stuck in the dryer.
Speaker 2: I'm pretending I'm a psychologist. Now, Mitch has no brothers, and so brother we never.
Speaker 1: Had, Hayden. We could invite Mitchell Coombs and Jenna Benson on to co host an episode of the Top one hundred.
Speaker 5: I would love that. Can I just say?
Speaker 9: I think it would be amazing and just from like a producer perspective, if we could all bring twenty five of something and put it together and really good.
Speaker 1: No, the joy of the Top one hundred Jenna and Mitchell is that we were working on it for month weeks before, and we worked out the order and we sat and went out. So we'll have to get dinner or drinks. We all bring twenty five and then we have to order it ourselves and all be happy with the order.
Speaker 10: Hayden, tell me the truth.
Speaker 2: Did you do most of the work? Oh?
Speaker 9: Fuck yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 1: It's time to go everywhere.
Speaker 9: I will say I was already working on the list because I like when I this was when I was like working at Punky, and I like needed a fucking like a bank of just really random moments in Australian culture that I could just fall back on to, like do you know throwback articles?
Speaker 1: Right, So I already had a.
Speaker 9: Giant list going, and it was just about patting that out and then cutting it down once we got past a hundred.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, you got passed one hundred.
Speaker 9: We passed one hundred and then cut back, so the whole hundred was good. But we shouted them out in honorable mentions like Fairy.
Speaker 2: I know you shouted them out. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: We should go just because I have a celebrity psychic waiting in the car park. Radio charm Yeah yeah yeah. Leave us a review five stars please, guys, it keeps us going.
Speaker 5: Well done, hay and Mitchell.
Speaker 9: You're happy, thank You're.
Speaker 2: Lovely to have you on. Hayden, Yes, you're out. Approbation Darlin, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Hope this podcast mate gets ready, your headache or something? What's the tag by.
Speaker 2: Mitchell Everyone bring it down or not. We hope this podcast made you feel at least to be there better today. That's all. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: That's a goal DMS if you want to be part of the mo Thank you, Hayden, see you next week.
Speaker 9: Yeah bye, my god?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: A podcast by a couple of mies.
Speaker 6: Make sure you get to follow on your podcast