Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 3: After the show Friday, I was catching up with Sue, our boss, and she was telling us about her mum, who was a cheap o pairent. I've never had anything like this, Yeah, her mum, you don't like the paper towels you buy them? They are dirt cheap, aren't they?
Speaker 2: I mean, what are they?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Three cents? If that probably zero point three cents?
Speaker 2: You be gon per towel?
Speaker 3: She would when they'd use paper towels when she was a kid, she would her mum would drive them out with hair drice.
Speaker 2: They could be reused. Wow, I'd never heard of that.
Speaker 3: That's a new level of cheap o' perrington. So this morning, I want to know if you had it's one thing to mix. Remember the cordial drinks. We had a soda stream, so mum would go, you don't need to go out to the milk. We get a can of coke or can of pop or anything. You can make it at home with that awful kind of sugary syrup. Mix in with like carbonated water and then hey, presto, you've got your own Dr Pepper right here. Why don't you invite your friends over? And they's a party after school Friday will come around for some weekounts Dr Pepper. So it's morning on nine four one four one four three. We're the confused stories about having a cheap O parent rio.
Speaker 4: My dad is the king of the chief O parents. Back home, we used to have a pool, like a completely full, normal backyard pool. Since all the kids have moved out, he got lazy with it and it's just become empty, completely dry pool. He then got a letter maybe at that last year from the council saying we need to come over and do a routine pool gate inspection. It's going to come, of course, yeah, to make sure you know, obviously, like for safety reasons one hundred and fifty dollars, but you have it's mandatory. And Dad's like, well, there's no water in the pool. So he calls up the council and says, don't buy the coming over. I'm not paying one hundred and fifty dollars, like the pool's completely empty, and she said, well, if you're not using the pool for anything else, even if it's empty, we still have to come and inspect it you're kidd it, and that goes we are, and we're not. She's oh, what are you using it for? And then just off the top of his head, he goes, oh, it's a it's a rock garden. Now, he's like a rock garden. It's like, so if we came over and just just checked it, it was a rock garden and you wouldn't have to pay the one hundred fifty dollars. He goes, yeah, that's fine, come over. So he then spent the next like probably ten days scouring, collecting, collecting rocks and just literally like going down to the tip, Like we live near a beach. He was pulling back these He's seventy seven. What's he going to find at the tip?
Speaker 2: People who've thrown their rocks away.
Speaker 4: He's got discarded pool like blocks, like tiles that he's just like chucked in the bottom of the pool.
Speaker 2: Now it just sounds like he's.
Speaker 4: Got It's honest, Mum hates it so ugly. So now in our pool where it's just like a nice empty pool before, now it's just full of random junk rocks and stuff. And it took him so long.
Speaker 3: Basically he's got a skip there skip and everyone just.
Speaker 2: Like it's free for all. It's a pilo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just hard rubbish, just so he wouldn't have to pay one hundred and fifty dollars at the council.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's stick it to the man, all right. Nine one four one O four three. If you've got cheap O parents, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show talking about cheap O parents, Good morning question. My mum used to use soap powder, you know the stuff you washed your close in.
Speaker 2: To also wash the dishes.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's so fine, and this sort of fuzzes up soapy plates and cut ning strange taste to my Tagli telly. So you have to buy any washing liquid. Also, my dad used to draw this is sad. This isn't cheaper, this is just sad. My dad used to draw a line on his coat bottle every night so he would know if anyone else would seizes screwed you had.
Speaker 2: Is half who has been doing lie lie lie uh Christian.
Speaker 3: My mom used to make us whenever used to go around to relative's house or on to a friend's birthday party. And they used to have those little sticks that you would have little tiny sausages, chippolatas on or cheese and pineapple to keep the little sticks and take them home with us to clean them up.
Speaker 2: And news again, they're less than a bark, aren't they? I mean, yeah, they're two bigs. Christian.
Speaker 3: My mom hasn't brought Oh, she's gonna love you for saying this, Nick and rock Bank Christian. My mom hasn't brought new underwear in years. She uses my brother and eyes old briefs.
Speaker 2: No, your poor dad. I mean that is a form of contraception. That is a passion killer, isn't it? Are those the lads?
Speaker 3: Oh my actually no, I'm got aheadache coming on.
Speaker 2: Actually that is all kinds of those trading.
Speaker 3: Christian, My mom, these are amazing, Rick Thomas, my mom used to put in the in the milk bottle half water.
Speaker 2: Feel sick? What half milk? I've never heard of that. Christian.
Speaker 3: Up until I was eleven, my dad used to say it was under six to save five bucks at the footy. He's got a deep voice, though, Tim, that's great. Let's go to lines now we're talking about cheap cheap o parents On nine four one four one four three Andrew yes, good morning everyone on the show. So tell us about cheap o mom.
Speaker 1: And dad, My dear old Aris grandmother.
Speaker 5: She was always watching her pennies.
Speaker 1: When we were unwrapping our Christmas present, she used the Super bowlers to make sure we didn't rip it too much.
Speaker 2: And then she would take the wrapping paper, iron it and.
Speaker 3: Reuse it again the next year. Wow, that is how many years could she get out of one pace.
Speaker 5: I'm not too short, but she was.
Speaker 2: She was very good at it. Yeah, that's incredible, Andrew, thank you very much. She killed me. I have a good day, thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Tana, good morning heat Hello Tanya. So cheap her parents?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my parents used to make us say that our glad wrap and take it home and reuse it.
Speaker 3: How that stuff is so hard to use? It just sort of like a spider's web. It just sort of collapses in on itself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it can be, but we used to have to once we took our sandwich out, we'd have to fold it back up and place it neatly in our.
Speaker 2: Lunch fot like it's a napkin.
Speaker 1: It's similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how it's hard to use, even on first year alone, it's already sticking to it, even just getting out of that really aggressive box that it comes in with that overly serrated edge, which is like sharper than anything in the world, isn't it. It's so dangerous. I get I get nervous using that stuff, trying to tear it off.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, we'd reuse it for two three days and then we get a fresh piece on the next team.
Speaker 3: Change it off Thursday, Tanya, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All okay, bye bye, Carl, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. So you had a cheap O parents?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my mom four and twenty piles used to come in a little plastic bag. Yeah, and brother than hate up the whole avender hat up one little pie for me for lunch. Mom used to boil it in a pot of water.
Speaker 2: That is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Now you grow up with it and they're okay, then.
Speaker 2: It's not crispy, more sweaty.
Speaker 1: Sweaty and foggy water.
Speaker 2: And no, Carl, that sucks, all right, can't thank you very much? Called can't say any better than that.
Speaker 3: Let's time new feature called that sucks. Come on him, Morning Gods, Morning Anasta and tell us about cheap O parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well man, he he drinks a lot of.
Speaker 2: Coffe, and his whole thing was boiling a kettle in the morning, and whatever excess water was left over he put into a thervice just so.
Speaker 1: He didn't have to spend the electricity to bore the kettle again for his next cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: Wow much is that? How much is that? Breakdown?
Speaker 1: About three cents but.
Speaker 2: Four months every year, Alisa, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Carl.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'cyls Show podcast