Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian o'connald show.
Speaker 2: Podcast yesterday on the show chapter Guy called Darren, a place called Donald. Donald has learned from a lot of places around Australia have done and invested money, tourism, money marketing, big bucks into trying to build something massive big. This country is famous around the world for very big things, some of them brand them.
Speaker 3: So we hope they get the giant Kookoba.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm looking to do, is a five meter high kookob to put Donald on the map.
Speaker 3: We've done some research.
Speaker 2: There have been a couple of big things that never quite got off the ground and need off the ground and.
Speaker 3: Up into the air.
Speaker 2: Rip the Big Chris when they tried to be a giant Chris Hempsworth.
Speaker 3: She is ab out of marble, of course of Greek God.
Speaker 4: Remember we talked to the tam mayor, yes, and he was all about it, but he didn't even know what he wanted to build it out of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Five years on, construction still yet to have started. Untilenty nineteen Queenstontown of King Roy launched a foulder attempt to build the Big Nut.
Speaker 3: Do you want to be known as that ome of the big nuts.
Speaker 2: Townsfolk were jealous of their rival city of Chinchilla had a big melon. What we need is a big nut nut versus melon. My money's on the nuts. Rip the big bin chicken in bit Burgh. Thousands of signataries but never getting off the ground up into the air. Hopefully the kooka bar of Donald isn't another than Cooko bar is going to make him. Don't think of this because this country is famous for these big things. If there was a Mount Rushmore, a giant, a really big, bigger Mount Rushmore here in Australia and it's only got the four best big things that are around this country, what has to go on there? Right, make your case, state your case for just one big thing that you love would have to go on the Mount Rushmore of Australia's big thing partic Kately, what do you want to make the case for?
Speaker 5: It has to be the big banana, without a doubt, the coolest big thing in Australia.
Speaker 3: Now why is.
Speaker 2: It the coolest big thing in Australia Just a giant banana?
Speaker 5: Well it's one. It's positioned perfectly for everyone that goes through Coffs Harbor. Right, So when you drive through cos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leading COFs Harbor.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's not as you're going north towards Brisbane, right.
Speaker 3: Perfect petition is because if it was east, yeah, not the same.
Speaker 4: I just hate to detour somewhere in Coffs Harbor. Again, we're losing time here.
Speaker 3: She's stuck in the freeway system of COFs Harbor.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 5: We see the Big Banana. The best thing about it is you can walk through the Big Banana, which is epic.
Speaker 3: And again that's the best thing about it. You can walk through it.
Speaker 5: No, but also it has a toboggan. Well at least it you can get frozen bananas dipped in chocolate, which is the best thing for a kid. So we used to go and visit it every year when I went away, we used to stay more Google gud Yep, you.
Speaker 3: Should go and visit every year. Kids. We're going it's that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we walk through and you won't have to detailn't walk through it again.
Speaker 6: I believe it.
Speaker 5: It was also one of the first big things in Australia, so it was born out in like sixty four.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: I do agree with that.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it should go on the Mount Rushmore. It was the first at the top, the top, right at the top, and again you walk through this Mount Rushmore, but you go through the banana first and you buy those frozen bananas.
Speaker 3: Caanaan Genuinely, it's like it's Christmas Day.
Speaker 5: I'm so proud of the big Banana. Like I can't express to you how great it was as a kid. It was the best thing we ever did. We were like the big Banana. We got photos in front of it every year. I'll send a photo to you guys, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: I want to see you looking happy in front of the big banana. All right, lines are open now, so the big Banana. We're agreed, just going on the Mount Rushmore. Things in Australia. What else is up there with it?
Speaker 3: Like a kid on Christmas dake, I guess you go and play with your remote control car.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Talking about big things in Australia. What are the best ones? Though there's a Mount Rushmore for the best four? What has to go up there? Nine four one four three Christian are talking about the ones that aren't here anymore? Please, can we have a moment of silence for the giant earthworm in Victoria? Where was r ip the giant earthworm? It got demolished a few years ago.
Speaker 3: If you demolished.
Speaker 2: A big thing, you need to replace it. I should think with a bigger thing whatever it is, all right, So Patsy, what would you have up on the Mount Rosmore?
Speaker 7: It's hard. I'd go the big giant Koala at Dad's Will's Bridge.
Speaker 3: I've seen that. That's nice.
Speaker 7: You go in his belly and go up the stairs. And he's got eyes like he's own crack. He looks a bit sort of startled, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the look there going Forkala. The other one is the massive all of them?
Speaker 3: Then no, we've got nothing.
Speaker 7: What about Kelly at glenn Rowan in my old romping ground. He's standing between his legs.
Speaker 3: Around Kenny.
Speaker 2: Old enough, all right, one for one, Linda, good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning Christian and Crewe. Now, if you're thinking about the big banana, don't bother you may as well just drive past, take a photo and just keep going. If you wanted to see something, you could see the rocking horse in Giant Rocking Horse in South Australia. But the best of all would be the Giant Lobster. It in South Australia.
Speaker 2: Now that is that's great. I've got photos of my kids under that. They were excited. The Giant Lobster is great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was excellent.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you've been to the Giant Lobster too, because he's got a dark place in our broadcasting history. On Hamish and Andy, why happen Well, similar to us trying to raise money for the Big kooker Burrough yesterday, we tried to money for the Lobster when it looked like it might have to get demolished because they couldn't repaint it or something. It costs twenty grand to keep him up keep for the lobster. So we did a drive and like everyone raised money for the lobb of.
Speaker 2: Mind this is Hamis Nandi Rots so his biggest, most successful show ever.
Speaker 4: No one, you know, poultry amounts. No one really wanted to put in their own hard the Lobster. So then we had to do and I'm embarrassed to say this the worst thing we've ever done probably on the show. The Bank of South Australia said, look, we'll come in and we'll give you the twenty grand, but you have to interview our mascot on air. So we had to interview a magpie.
Speaker 2: That's not Judge Jack. You never know what's around the corner. I will save my laughter.
Speaker 3: We had to interviewer air.
Speaker 4: Magpie called the piping shrike.
Speaker 3: On it pushing all the bank stiff. Oh no, poor polio.
Speaker 2: Well if you see the giant lobster and look at the paint, how good it is? You know Nandy had to pay the piper for that.
Speaker 9: Good morning Steve, Good morning gang, Happy Friday to all Friday.
Speaker 2: Steve.
Speaker 3: What else has to go on to me? The Mount rushmore?
Speaker 9: Then, okay, don't worry about your big lobsters and bananas. Out at Clyde in Melbourne South East, they've got the giant wheelbarrow. And let me tell you it is dead set enormous. It would be between five and ten meters high. It has to be fifteen millions long. It's a dirty, great, big, rusty old wheelbarrow that is in the middle of a playground.
Speaker 3: Can I ask why.
Speaker 9: I'm almost tipping? It's a nod to the farmer folk that used to be on the land before before they turn into housing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe a nic. It's iconic. It's like a giant wheelbrow. I mean compared to big things, it's not that big.
Speaker 9: Have you seen the slight of a normal wheelbarrow.
Speaker 3: He's got Listen, he's got the Porsche.
Speaker 2: Okay, we understand a normal wheelbrow, so let's not fold out over the mega wheelbarrow.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that.
Speaker 4: It's bigger than an a wheelbarer. But we're talking about the banana of the clod, which has a lot in it.
Speaker 9: You can walk bana. Give me a spell.
Speaker 1: Every year.
Speaker 9: Today we go to the Clyde Cricket Cricket Club and every one of us we drive passis wheelbarrow and the people haven't seen it before. They're absolutely gobsmack.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I'd be gobsmack, Steve. It's a strong case. Thank you very much. You come, have a good weekend.
Speaker 9: You're welcome to you guys.
Speaker 3: Claire.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Claire, and what big things you go on our Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 6: Definitely the big pineapple in Namboe, Queensland. It's been there for years and years. I dispute whether it was banana kneesess.
Speaker 3: We thought the pineapple was first. Please, sure the Pineapple. I met the Bill Bryson, but when he.
Speaker 2: Came to I'm pretty sure Bill Bright says that the Pineapple was first, but I could be wrong here.
Speaker 6: But it's also famous for another reason. Lady Die and Charles came out to tour the Big Pineapple and I was fortunate enough to take the day off school and I managed to get a good photo of Lady Die on the Nutmobile there.
Speaker 2: So it's got excuse me, can't they're now king that the nutmobil?
Speaker 3: We can't call him that? What do you mean Nutmobill?
Speaker 6: There's a nuts from next door to the Big Pineapple. It's all part of the one tourist attraction. So they're like little macadamia nuts in half with you know, so you can see through the middle. And yeah, I got a really good photo of Lady Dye sitting in the Nutmobile.
Speaker 3: That is a moment captured that.
Speaker 2: That is so good. Yeah, Big Pineapple has to go on our Mount Russell.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, thank you very much. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 6: You two bye.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show. Vodka