Speaker 1: What did you turn your spare room into when the kids left home? Nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Paul.
Speaker 2: Good morning guys and Pats years old.
Speaker 3: Paul, what do you turn the spare room in to? Mate?
Speaker 2: Oh, the kids moved out of home and started their life a few years ago. We turned one of the bigger bedrooms into a band rehearsal room. We put all insulation on the walls and ceiling, and we fitted a single mattress into the recess of the window and it was soundproof from the neighbors, which are so happy about.
Speaker 3: This is great. So whose band is this? This is yours?
Speaker 2: That was my band? Yeah, we're no longer together, but.
Speaker 3: I broke up the band. What's happened?
Speaker 2: Oh, we just lived in different parts and it was all too hard for them. But I was still keen looking at doing a bit of solo stuff and cunting the CD later this year.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well you already made the room, so you're invested more than the other guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right. Yeah, No, definitely serve served us well though the neighbors couldn't hear us, so it worked.
Speaker 3: Well. What was the name did you have a name? Or anything for your band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Whiskey River years ago. But there's another band now called Whiskey River that's recording stuff.
Speaker 1: So I don't like the way this story is written. At the moment, my friend, it's time for you to form a new band with the new name, with some new loyal bandmates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, Jack, you're.
Speaker 3: Always looking for a band. What did you do in Paul's band?
Speaker 4: All right, Paul, let's go Jim's.
Speaker 1: Build pools bands. You've got the room, you got the rehearsal space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well for good space.
Speaker 4: What kind of music are we playing, Paul?
Speaker 2: Anything from rockabilly to right house blues, a bit of country rock, yea proper stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's into his rockabilly and roadhouse blues, Paul, but I think it sounds great.
Speaker 3: You're more keyboard man, aren't you, pinky punky stuff? Yeah, the blues? All right? Coul love it? Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You give us a call, mate, No, our is over, great, good the day, God.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I feel like we should find Paul the band, build Pauls band. Steve. Good morning, Steve. Always a joy to chat to you, mate. I hope you're welcome morning.
Speaker 5: I am very well. Good morning, Happy Wednesday to everybody there.
Speaker 4: Happy Wednesday, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 5: A number of years ago our children stopped doing all the study thing because they left school, and that since they left home obviously, and we've got lots of spare rooms, but the room downstairs being a study room that ends up being in a junk room and all different things. And I love my wine, and I had boxes left, right and center of wine everywhere throughout the house. And the wife made the suggestion, why don't you turn it into a wine room. And I think within about six weeks of that being said, it was completed and and I sent you through a photo of what it is now.
Speaker 1: Steve, No, I'm not saying I love red wine, but I've I've actually had a close look at the red set. I think I could see some Rockford and some k Brothers, some basket pace. Yeah yeah, yeah, I have you got some nice stuff there, very nice wine room.
Speaker 3: I can't say, come and have a look at this.
Speaker 1: This is this is like a medium size dann.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean you should be aving times.
Speaker 1: Some people come and do wine tasting at the weekend, do a flight or something, I mean, this is like Fox's hangout.
Speaker 3: You've got there. It's incredible.
Speaker 5: We do have a lot of wine tastes at different times and I've got it's all control.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 5: And we do have a fridge with throughout our special wine fridge with all the really good stuff in there, and it does get opened occasionally, but not too often obviously.
Speaker 4: But to the public, no, no, no, to all my friends.
Speaker 1: What have you got like a cannondly thing? They can book it, when is it and stuff like that. I mean, this is an amazing setup you've got.
Speaker 5: Depending on the weather, you can have a nice cheese sport there and then have some photos taken with you all with different wives and we have a tasting of different.
Speaker 3: Sorts and.
Speaker 1: Street organization around the Steve. This is incredible, Steve, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You go mate.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Kirsty now. Good morning Kirsty.
Speaker 6: Top in the morning to you.
Speaker 3: Good morning Kirsty. And what do you do with the spare room when the kids moved out?
Speaker 6: Yep, in the kids area, my husband had a couple of pinballs and we decided to grow them to ten pinballs, got a graffiti artis Stin and we designed Pacman's and Star Wars stem and turned it into a private venue hire for people.
Speaker 1: This is this is a step up from Steve with his winery then his tasting.
Speaker 6: So sorry, Steve, I'll come to you one winery though.
Speaker 4: Who you're hiring it out to Kirsty.
Speaker 6: To the public, it's PP's pinball arcades.
Speaker 3: So this was a spare room.
Speaker 6: It was a spare room. Indeed, the kids used it and girl, we have several entertainment areas. So we went, what are we going.
Speaker 3: To do with you? Normally?
Speaker 1: You know there's this money leaking out the house when you have to kids, stuff like that. This money those rooms can bring money in.
Speaker 6: I think it's possible bring money insat.
Speaker 3: How many? So you got ten arcade machines?
Speaker 6: We do? We have ten pinball machines, plus arcade machines like tabletops, the thousand games on it driving machines.
Speaker 3: So what about what about you and yours?
Speaker 1: But if you know you're watching Netflix or some one not on a Friday night, don't don't do don't hig Scar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: There, don't Netflix and jail. Don't tell the people. I know you're tilting it. You lose your deposit, your deposit.
Speaker 6: We're in the kitchen, you know, doing their food packages because we also are licensed to do food for the parties.
Speaker 3: Amazing me.
Speaker 1: What I want to do for my fifty first in April? I think I might hire PB's arcade.
Speaker 6: There you go, bring it on. We have lots of different packages.
Speaker 4: So is it mostly kids parties or do you get like Bucks parties and stuff as well?
Speaker 6: Oh no, we get everything, absolutely everything, So whether it's you know, engagement parties, we've had to buck to him.
Speaker 3: This is a high level. This is a high level empty nesting.
Speaker 1: And i'd imagine that we've been listening right now that actually, like the Sandates want to hire it.
Speaker 3: How can they find out? Yep?
Speaker 6: Absolutely. We do have Facebook, so it's pbe Pinball's Arcades or we have a Facebook page PB's Pinball Arcade.
Speaker 2: Higher.
Speaker 3: Awesome. I love it, Kirsty, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: All welcome, come on down everyone.
Speaker 3: All right, Kirsty, thanks for giving us a call.
Speaker 6: Cheers by