Speaker 1: Laura, Come on, Laura, hello, Mitch.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's not Britt. It's like a Maverick. She was like, she's in to do you know?
Speaker 3: I knew you were going to say that. People can't see what I'm wearing.
Speaker 4: I'm wearing.
Speaker 2: Who's that teacher from Glee?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm wearing a jump suit that goes to the ground, and it's short sleeve, and it's got a zipper and it's got a belt. It looks very like fire to pilot ish, but it's beige.
Speaker 5: Do you know what it says to me? It says that's very hard to go to the toilet.
Speaker 1: In it is, and you feel like when you were a jumps and you go toilet, you knude.
Speaker 2: It's very imposing. How do you open that up?
Speaker 1: Will you just undo the zip?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But this is what men don't realize.
Speaker 5: If you wear a jumpsuit and you need to go to the toilet, you have to get completely naked to go to the toilet.
Speaker 1: It's a whole thing when you're in a public cubicle.
Speaker 2: What happened to backflaps with the snap pops?
Speaker 1: It can't It's been a real shame that that's not in fashion anymore?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: My boyfriend Ben told me that I look like Steve Irwin.
Speaker 1: Oh more, BINDI would be slush. I'll take it over, Steve. Well, look, we have a massive show lined up for you guys today. But somebody who is joining us it is the amazing Sam Fish.
Speaker 2: What a nausey icon guy. He's run around the world after the success of this city, isn't he just now?
Speaker 1: He does have a new song after Glow. But we have our own very special announcement as to why Sam is joining us on the show in our bedrooms, in our bedrooms in pajamas, and he will be sharing a bunk bed with Mitch.
Speaker 2: Let's just say a lot of time is going to be spent with Sam in the next couple months. I'll tell you why, because he's on Zoom Life from New York, next through the Pickup and is the Pickup around Australia with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse, Rushian today for half price of vitamins and cosmetics, TAS and c supply a chemist warehouse are great savings every day. Girls. Are we all ready for what's happening in a month?
Speaker 5: I am so excited, Britt, What is happening in a month?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll break the news.
Speaker 2: It's not news.
Speaker 6: Life Uncut podcast Laura and Myself is going on a national and international New Zealand tour. We have just announced Mitch Jury as our MC. He's going to be opening every show around the country. But probably the most exciting part is the entertainment we're traveling with.
Speaker 3: And he's here today.
Speaker 2: It is the one and only Ozzy heart Throb. Sam Fisher Sami Boy, Hi, my best friends.
Speaker 6: I always want to be.
Speaker 7: Introduced as a as a heart throb, so thanks for making that.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: Sam. I want to apologize first. When you're performing on stage. I know BRIT's going to try and sing along to every song she's been banned, but I don't think that she will follow the hang on.
Speaker 3: Let's say and be the judge.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 7: Okay, she knows the song.
Speaker 2: You know, she can carry mel she knows the hook, she knows the hook. That is it.
Speaker 1: We didn't actually think you would say yes because you're such a superstar, so.
Speaker 2: We we feel very privileged.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about what you're going to sing because you've just released a new song after Glow congratulations.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're going to be performing for us?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, obviously I'm gonna I will perform the current single after go Yes, and then I'm thinking maybe close out each show with this city. But then for the third song, I'm thinking we do a poll before each show and just let the audience decide.
Speaker 2: What God will cover. That's great, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I've got a cheeky catalog. She's gonna pick before you know what, or you guys can pick.
Speaker 1: With your new song after Glow, you you have like a UFO supernatural theme that's happening. Can you tell us where did that come from?
Speaker 5: And have you ever experienced anything that you would put into the supernatural realm yourself?
Speaker 7: I really want to, Like I believe that paranormal stuff happens, and I like unexplained all things like paranoral activity like makes me kind of freaked out but excited. That music video, so after Glow is about like chasing something your whole life and then finally you find it and the feeling afterwards, you know, like basking in the aftercore of that. The US government basically came out being like aliens are real. We've got aliens and UFOs, and the director Joe Wood was like, why don't we play off of that? And it's all about a guy who's alien obsessed and our UFO comes down and sees it out the window and then chases it and finds it, and that's the music video and it just made sense in the metaphor. But the coolest part of that music video is that the house that it was shot at. Are you guys Black Mirror fans?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Black Mirror, Yes.
Speaker 7: Love Our Mirror. Right, So, the most recent season episode three, when they're up in space and their robot celllves are down on Earth, the house on Earth that it was shut in that I shut this.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 7: The bar unbelievable. So it was really cool. And I love this song. You know what, It's been funny, like I've had all these wridoups being like zam Biship finally releases an uptempo positive song.
Speaker 1: Ouch you like out? So do you feel like this?
Speaker 4: I mean you said that the song was about like always chasing this big thing and then finally having it and basking in it.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you spent your whole life chasing that moment? And then we asked you to perform on Life on Cut and you were like, this is the moment, this is the after God, oh.
Speaker 7: Absolutely absolutely, you know, like being totally well, your podcast is incredible And when I announced that I had so many friends, be like, I feel like they're my best friends. I listen to them every morning. This is crazy that you're going on to do with them. So like what you guys do is an amazing thing. And I am like so excited that we get to hang out for an entire month in October, and I feel like I'm getting off easy here, Like I just get to like play a couple of songs and enjoy like the rest of the show that we get to sleep.
Speaker 2: Together and pajama sponsorsay monkeys, tats, all the stuff.
Speaker 1: Just letting you know you're sharing a room with Mitch for the entire tour.
Speaker 7: Me, Mitch and my guitarist Martin. We're gonna have such a good time.
Speaker 1: God, this is just a reminder to everyone. We are coming to Adelaide, per Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Auckland, Canberra, and Brisbane. So you can get your tickets at Life on cutpodcast dot com. Todate you. Honestly, it's going to be the best fun. Sam Fish is going to be there, we are all going to be there, and we have incredible guests coming to every single show.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal. We love you, Sammy. Thanks for signing on, and we'll see you on the tour bus. Baby. Oh wait, they pick up with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Right around the country. Head into chemists warehouse today. You'll get great savings every day, Britt. I have noticed this throughout the week.
Speaker 5: Every day you come in and you're looking slightly more prim and proper, and the eyebrows are fluffed and eyelashes are done, and the hair extensions have been fixed, and today the fake.
Speaker 1: Tannis had been extended. They've have been fixed, I said, sorry, And then the fake tan has been applied. Every day you're getting slightly more attractive. Oh, which must mean was that? What was I at the start off? Like a swamp donkey and now we're here I used to know it looks great.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Britt, No, you you swamp donkey went from looking like a swamp dodg lived under the bridge too, looking like a beautiful princess that's riding a horse.
Speaker 2: Into the sunder I've noticed it too. I was at your house the other day, brit You were clipping your toenails, and then you had an eyelash curl, and I go, what are you prepping for?
Speaker 1: She was killing a toenails. I don't know if I should be wildly offended at this conversation or happy that I'm now living on top of the bridge.
Speaker 3: No, I am doing what we like to call the peacock.
Speaker 1: It is true. I'm peacocking. I'm going to see my partner Ben. We're long distance. He lives overseas. I haven't seen him in just over two months. And when I'm not with Ben, sure, I let myself go. I go full swamp donkey.
Speaker 3: I just don't take care of myself anymore.
Speaker 5: Although I got no one to win prayers? Okay, at what point? Because like, is it not catfishing a little bit? If your partner doesn't have any idea, if every time you see them you're so perfectly accurately put together.
Speaker 1: I think if Ben can't handle you when you're a swamp donkey, he doesn't deserve you at your best. I we're not at swamp donkey stage yet, so I'm not gonna let him see the full swamp donkey. I feel like you let swamp donkey out once you're like locked him down and you're married. Yeah, my husband Matt sees all versions of Laura Byrne.
Speaker 5: He sees every so often when I've got my hair and makeup done, He's like, wow, you can still look beautiful.
Speaker 1: But then he sees me ninety nine percent of the rest of the time and he's like, it is not as good as it was. Well, no, I am.
Speaker 4: I'm cut and colored, tanned, waxed, and plucked. So I am ready to go. And I've realized, I say so much money being in a long distance relationship because there's no maintenance.
Speaker 3: There's no there's no I don't get the gardening, I don't do anything.
Speaker 1: Zero servicing zero, Well there's zero servicing. Yeah, yeah, it was zero servicing as in like, no, don't need to shave the legs, don't need to shave under that, like, doesn't need to do any body maintenance because you're like, I know no one's going to see this, and then you just have to go in and go hard.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't believe in that. Self respect doesn't die out when you're in a long distance relationship. You just groom yourself.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, people who have like hairy legs and Harry under I'm still have self respect.
Speaker 2: Don't throw that my way.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're the one that called me your swamp dog.
Speaker 2: Get off your high horse.
Speaker 1: It was more the toenails and the patchy, faked tan that I was worried about.
Speaker 2: What is that? He just decided to surprise you and turned up at your door. Ding dong, it's me. I'm here, the beautiful boyfriend. Hello, Hello, this guy he has seen me, he sees me.
Speaker 1: Not we do spend time together.
Speaker 3: We don't just have a longest relationship.
Speaker 1: He sees me. You're on FaceTime. You've got a filter on. You're a puppy dog.
Speaker 3: Do you know what this is a good thing?
Speaker 1: A face What is it?
Speaker 2: Face time tune? No?
Speaker 1: What's the new one?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Zoom Zoom has like a filter and automatic filter. It applies now.
Speaker 1: I think FaceTime might do it too, where it's like not the donkey one. But I swear to god, it's like a beauty filter. I'm like impressed with myself sometimes.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Look, earlier in the week, we were talking about how karens the name Karen you've all been hard done by. There's so many lovely Karens out there, and actually it's not the Karens that we all need to worry about that are doing the complaining. We discovered it's actually David's who are the true complainers. But we wanted to know what is the most Karen thing you have done? And we have a five hundred dollar chemist we Houskei foucher to give away.
Speaker 2: After that up for grabs, we'll do it next. We're putting the Karens and the Davids of the country to the test on the pickup. It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and me here thanks to chemist Warehouse rush in today for half prize vitamins and cosmetics. T's and C's apply Chemists whare house great savings every day now.
Speaker 1: Earlier in the week we were talking about Karen's and I think Karens are hard done by?
Speaker 2: Can I speak to the manager? Is the best way to describe the Karen trend that has become huge.
Speaker 5: Yes, And what we established earlier in the week is that there has been some research that's been done into what name is the most complaining of name. It's this reviews website and there has been thousands of people with the same name that have put in reviews and complaints of one star. Yes, and that name, ladies and gentlemen, is not Karen, It is.
Speaker 2: David. Wow. David David are.
Speaker 5: The real Karens of Australia across the nation. And here on the pickup we wanted to know, you know what, maybe the poor Karens have been getting it and been given a hard time, So we asked, what is the most Karen thing you have done?
Speaker 2: Kaylie? Hi? When were you the Karen or the David? Oh?
Speaker 9: I was on a flight six hour flight and as soon as we got settled in, the guy next to me and decided to take his shoes off and his box off and it was the smelliest feet ever.
Speaker 1: Oh that's now, Did you let it to him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: I But as soon as I smelled that, I called over a flight attendant. But I didn't want to embarrass him because he was right next to me, so I tried to very discreetly just whisper to the flight attendant telling me that I need to change his seat or something, because there's no way I wanted to vomit. And she didn't understand what I was trying to say or trying to whisper without embarrassing him, And after two or three multiple attempts, she still didn't get all I was saying. That's when I got out out of my seat and I couldn't help it. Went full Karen on the flight off for poor flight attendant, but the guy as well. I'm like, either this guy needs to put his shoes back on, or you need to move me to another scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you caused it.
Speaker 3: An airplane aisle scene.
Speaker 9: Move They moved me in the end because there is no way, and the guy did not put his box back on.
Speaker 1: Do you know I once went full Karen on a teenager who was sitting next to me on a flight. I was sitting next to two kids, two young boys, and one of them kept farting and thought it was funny, and his friend was giggling the whole time because he was doing it it's dunk and the other one was giggling. And I turned around like such a mum, and I was like, if you.
Speaker 5: Fart one mortar, I guess, and you love to fight, it was probably you guess what.
Speaker 1: He didn't fight again for the entire flight. Of course, he didn't look up from his iPad, and you know.
Speaker 2: What, he probably thought you were fifty.
Speaker 1: Yes, this crazy old lady from the radio yelled at me.
Speaker 2: All right, last one, Kara, Karen, Hello, what was your Karen David moment?
Speaker 9: Hi? So I was in Adelaide for my sister in law's hens and we went on something called a handlebar, which is a bunch of us to get on his biking drinking, and we had to push ourselves through the city of Adelaide. We got these Hens bags and someone cut us off very dangerously and it was quite slow traffic. I jumped off the bucket, cracked it at them and I slipped the the front of their car with my fluffy chicken bag.
Speaker 1: Oh you showed them Car.
Speaker 3: I was going to call you Kara, but you're one letter off Carn Karen.
Speaker 1: I think it's close to Karen. Also, I like that you're the one doing illegal things riding a bike and drinking. If you're the one getting all Karen on someone else no legal Oh, I didn't think you could run a bike, And I like for.
Speaker 9: It's like it's like six of us on this big bike.
Speaker 4: I think through Tara was protecting her friends with a fluffy toy.
Speaker 1: So I think let's go to Carra.
Speaker 2: All right, you got five hundred dollars at chemist warehouse. Well done, Carra, thank you?
Speaker 1: Oh you are welcome. And who says it doesn't pay to be a Karen?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 2: You know, my favorite part about all those stories is the pleasure they all got from being horrific people. Every single one of those calls.
Speaker 7: Laugh.
Speaker 1: Just because you complain doesn't make you horrific. I'm quite I'm all for being a little bit of a Karen.
Speaker 2: No, I think suck it up, move on.
Speaker 1: Every so often it feels good to write a letter.
Speaker 2: I have a great weekend. We'll gus see you on Monday. All right, see you guys, well, and what are you up next? Have a great Friday.
Speaker 3: Off, have an amazing weekend.
Speaker 2: Everyone, have a great weekend, A good one. I have fun.
Speaker 1: No, I want you to have the most amazing time.
Speaker 2: From me to you, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Sincerely Brittany Mitchell and from me Laura make sure it's great. So yeah, last word by Britty Bye.