Speaker 1: Oh, it's quite a pleasant little blow.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to two doting dads. I am Maddie Jay and this is a podcast that is all about parenting.
Speaker 2: It's the good, the badable, and.
Speaker 1: We have to always say at the start of every episode that there will be absolutely no advice given whatsoever. So if you hear something and you go that's incorrect. No, you don't do it that way. That's fine.
Speaker 2: You heard correctly.
Speaker 1: We're not giving advice that she keeps happy great as frazzled. Frazzled at the moment. I had a bit of an emotional drop off this morning.
Speaker 2: Emotional. I hope you're okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone was not good.
Speaker 2: No one was good.
Speaker 1: Everybody was a little bit emotional. No, the teachers were fine.
Speaker 3: It was more so like, oh Godlala and Mali.
Speaker 1: Now, I have a tricky daycare in that there is only one spot that you can park. What is It's on a main road opposite the daycare. There's a high school right in the mornings, it's fucking it's peak. It's peak hour. You got people going to work, you got people dropping off the kids at the high school. You've got parents dropping off the kids. The daycare, and there's only one car park available. It's like a ten to fifteen minute like quick car park at the very front of our daycare.
Speaker 3: So where does everyone else go?
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude, I don't know how they do it. I had a secret little car spot that was then an alleyway that was maybe a five minute walk, and now that one's been taken up. So every morning, just the anxiety of like, I don't know how I'm going to do this. I don't know where I'm going to park. Will I walk fifty meters? Will I walk a kilometer? I don't know?
Speaker 2: And it really does park at home, mate.
Speaker 1: It's literally gotten to the point where I've I've thought I'm parked almost closer to my house now than I am to the actual daycare. That's why I wanted to get one of the electric bikes.
Speaker 2: A cargo thing that there's a guy.
Speaker 3: There's a guy that cruise around like near our place now with one. Next so I see him, I'll be like, hey, I know this guy once one of them. I don't think he's electric because it's quite flat, the Kindi's where we are quite flat, man, this.
Speaker 1: Is very very hilly, So this morning obviously had to record. The last thing I wanted to do, ASH was be late for you, because I know how that makes you annoyed, and an annoyed ASH is not good for anyone.
Speaker 2: Don't make this about me, mate.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, time is running out. Traffic was bad, it was banked up. I was like, I need to make this.
Speaker 2: I told the kids to jump out of forty k it's forty for a reason.
Speaker 1: Down like three, actually go, But I was like, screw it, I'm going to park. It a no stopping zone. Nice going to do it has to be done. I don't like to break the rules, Ash, but every now and then you got to. You got to do it. So anyway, get there, pull up, and I'm like fuck.
Speaker 2: Just nervous already.
Speaker 1: I'm also the kind of person that when I was younger, whenever I did anything naughty, there was always like someone watching.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I might always get sprung if I was like breaking the rules.
Speaker 1: Turn around, there's always a teacher there who would catch me right handed.
Speaker 3: Was just always that cunt that gets away with everything too. You know you have that one friend always gets away with everything.
Speaker 2: Not me.
Speaker 1: I'd sneeze and like illegal, lock him up, fellas attention. So anyway, I'm trying to get the kids out of the car, making it quick. And then Lola's at the age now where she's got like a little bag. She brings her knickknacks, and she dropped her bag of knickknacks on the floor, like all of a sudden, there's like dummies as toys, and I'm like, forget about it, like in the car, on the floor, on the floor, and so she's like, I've got to get a daddy, and I'm like okay, like I'm watching No Man hard. And then after like it must have been like three minutes times ticking, Marley's also out of the car. She's waiting there. Finally I get Lola out of the car, take about five steps and I.
Speaker 2: Look up parking cop. Yeah fuck off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two of them.
Speaker 2: Two of them.
Speaker 3: What were they doing having in their morning coffee and You've driven a crime directly to them.
Speaker 1: I'm surrounded at this point, get down on the ground, and I was like, oh man, And I was in that moment I made a split second decision. I was like, do I just say, hey, guys, book me? Fuck it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, book me?
Speaker 3: Just tell them as the kindy company vehicle, just like just drop the fine in there.
Speaker 1: But then I I start then like reverse walking and I'm getting back in the car, and I was like with the kids, yeah, and I'm like I can't it's two hundred bucks, dude, and no stopping.
Speaker 3: Do they not show any mercy and be like, mate.
Speaker 2: We know that you're going through it right now. You've got two kids. Just you're a single day.
Speaker 1: These are parking inspectors.
Speaker 3: They have no mercy when they have that fucking job.
Speaker 1: He was licking his lips and he was like.
Speaker 2: We double up the fine on this.
Speaker 1: He had like he was walking towards me with a half erection flip.
Speaker 2: He's just like, how you going there?
Speaker 1: Son?
Speaker 2: Good one your rent And.
Speaker 1: Then I'm like, I'm like I get back in the car and I was like what do you mean? Very confusing for the kids because they're like what would were I can see Daycad. I'm like, get back in the car, throw them back in, and I'm like almost didn't even do their seat belts up because I thought like do I even do? I just speed off. But anyway, he had a quick world with me and he's like you can't park there, And I was like, I know, I can't park.
Speaker 2: There's a kid.
Speaker 1: You got to find a place to park. And I'm like, ye, look around, look around, there's nowhere at all.
Speaker 2: Will you take my kids into Kindy for me? They should do a drop off like a drive through service. Okay, no one's steal my idea. This is my idea.
Speaker 3: It's like a Macca's drive through situation. You drive in, someone opens the back door, the kids get ushered out. You don't have to say bye if you don't want, depend on what the car ride.
Speaker 2: You out in the way. There, the door shut, they go into Kindy. You're gone.
Speaker 1: I saw this the other day, like a valet at the high school. Right, that's what they do because it's so busy. Right, they have I'm guessing the year twelve students. They stand there with high vison. As your car pulls up, the students open the door and let the kids out, and they then close the door and usher the.
Speaker 2: Kids genius into the school.
Speaker 3: Genius.
Speaker 1: It's a well run operation.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it before my life. They need to have that for daycare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like maybe not another child getting my child out like maybe an adult put a worker a.
Speaker 1: Toddlers like welcome at So anyway, I had to put the kids back in the car.
Speaker 3: Digg you strapping back in? Yeah, yeah, of course, and this is not a visual medium.
Speaker 1: I had to do another loop and traffic was backed up, so it took me like fifteen minutes to do a loop where I can get back in and why Then I was like, fuck, I just need to make this quick. And you feel bad. I know you'll say you'll sit down and you'll go no, I never feel guilty, but when you're like, okay, see here's your bag as you want to bortle to go by, and well, I was like one more heart and I'm like, hey, one my heart, Yeah, say one more kiss. And I'm like I don't have time for this. And then you're like, also, there's this little brick wall where Marley likes to walk along. It always walks on his brick wall.
Speaker 3: Everything's a fucking game, Jesus, and just get to kindy now.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're not walking across the wall and she's in tears, and then you feel guilty at that moment where you say goodbye. Yeah, you yelling and kids very frazzled.
Speaker 2: So they were they were just off it. We and you just got the hell out of it.
Speaker 1: Of course, Molly spots like a little flower she wants to pick up.
Speaker 3: But then you get a photo of them, and then they're like they're having the happiest day of their fucking life.
Speaker 2: Did you get a photo and then not happy?
Speaker 1: No, they were just crying in the corner.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of Oscar's sad boy day the other day.
Speaker 3: Remember, so we had been away, we got back and Oscar goes to two different kindergartens. One is like all older kids and then the other ones like a mixture, but logistically I don't know why, but they do. And he likes the one on the Monday Tuesday, doesn't like the one Wednesday. It's not that he doesn't like it, he just likes the other one because all bigger kids and there's little kids. And so we've been away, then we came back. On the Monday Tuesday, he went to the one he really likes, and then I tried to take him on the Wednesdays to the one he didn't lie and he as soon as he wakes up and he goes what kN.
Speaker 2: Is it today? And you're like, do you lie? Do you just lie?
Speaker 3: I don't lie there because there's two options when you come out of the driveway, the way he wants to go, anyway he doesn't want to go, and he knows.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I might as well just.
Speaker 3: Rip the band aid off real early and try and smooth him into it.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: The other day he just wasn't having it so slow. I even said, look, we'll tell you what. We'll go a little bit late and I'll have Popper pick you up really early, so you'll only be there for a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: You'll see the one or two people that you play with there that you like.
Speaker 1: Does he respond to that?
Speaker 2: All the other kids are probably anything, what do you mean? He doesn't like us?
Speaker 3: And he's like not really having it and whatever. And then we got there, pulled out the front and because it was a bit later, the kids were already out in the play ground area, which is awesome. They're already playing him like that's a good sign because they're going on the slide. They're pushing cars down the slide. And one of the kids he plays all the time was right there and he goes Oscars back and I'm like.
Speaker 2: I fucking love you, dream perfect. It's like I've planted him there to do that slip in your temper. Yeah, and then Oscars like he packed up a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm like, great, Okay, this is not going to be so bad. We walked in, he's seen the teachers worked out that I'm going to leave, and then I said, I'll come out in the playground with you and play. The girls are working. They're like, yeah, we'll just go and go out the side there and go meet out with Chase. And he usually plays with this with Chase. It's about the kids should be name names doesn't really matter. You get out there and eventually I've managed to give him a last cuddle. Go back out to the car, and because the car is at the fence, I went to get in the car and he's up against the fence.
Speaker 2: And he's just balling.
Speaker 3: But he's not he's not hysterical, like he's not like I don't want to be here. He's just sad boy, which is almost way worse because it's like he was proper hurting and I was like, what did you do?
Speaker 2: I's got the car driver, No no, I actually started, he's looking as really awkward. No.
Speaker 3: I actually as I was getting in the car and I.
Speaker 2: Looked over to the through the passenger window and there he is, and I'm like, what sort of person am I right now.
Speaker 3: Opened the door, went back out, went to the edge of the fence. I was like, buddy, it's gonna be okay, like, and he was just so.
Speaker 1: Sad, and I was like, he just wants his daddy.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I went back into the Kindy and I was like, come out here with me, budb'le come have a cuddle. And like, I took him around where it was nice and quiet to try and get some sense out of him for him to be like, you know, and he was just so sad and he calmed down, but he was just so sad, and he was like I just don't want to be he. I said, okay, these are your options.
Speaker 1: That is such a good tool. It's like, hey, option A or option B.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So option A was you can stay kindy for a very minute all amount of time before I send Poppery in like lunchtime to come and get you. I just have work to do this morning, and Mum's at work. That's option A, and option B is that you come home with me and I've got to lock in the laundry for the whole day.
Speaker 2: No I said that.
Speaker 1: In my head, I was like, oh my god, this is the most empathetic and caring that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I didn't say that. I said, look, if you come, I said, you come home with me. But I'm considering this that you're sick. You'll come home. We won't be playing. Daddy's got to do some work. Mummy's working as well. You'll have to just watch TV. You'll have lunch, really quiet day. We won't be going out to the park, won't be doing all this stuff you can play with like you know, like the quiet toy, do some drawing stuff.
Speaker 2: But you can't be I want to go out.
Speaker 3: To a park now, Daddy, because you've played me at the kindergarten.
Speaker 2: And he was like, I want to come home. I was like, okay, you can come home with me. Oh shit, yeah, So I said alright, and.
Speaker 3: Then I have text ACT was saying, yess, he's still in the garden.
Speaker 1: He swindled you.
Speaker 2: I thought that too, played you like a flute.
Speaker 3: No, I thought that too, But he honestly all day and I've never seen him like this, barely moved off the couch.
Speaker 2: He was sitting there.
Speaker 3: He was playing with some toys, watching TV Go, play some games on his phone.
Speaker 1: Was he getting sick? Do you think?
Speaker 2: No? No, because he did.
Speaker 3: He went to Kindy the next day. Okay, so and here's another thing too, which I'll give the Kindy props for. In a sec he actually understood that I had to work, So I even sat next to him my headphones on, listening to and editing stuff. And he was there and he was just quiet. It's a weird kid.
Speaker 2: For one day.
Speaker 3: In the afternoon he got a bit antsy, but as they do. But the Kindy rang up to check on him.
Speaker 2: It was really nice.
Speaker 3: She was like, oh, is there anything we can do for tomorrow? So he's gonna be comfortable tomorrow. And we're like to Oscarr, what would you like to.
Speaker 2: Play with tomorrow?
Speaker 3: It's like, I want to play with transformers and she's like, make sure I have all the transformers in the place ready.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, and we'll do it.
Speaker 3: We'll put it up so you guys can see how we played with the transport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you guys like I want to be delivered by a helicopter into the backyard.
Speaker 3: Like please help me, Dad's lock me in the laundry.
Speaker 2: The washing machine is really scary. I said to.
Speaker 3: Him the other day, I said, you actually fit perfectly in that washing machine.
Speaker 2: No you no, ash. She just laughed. Okay, he knows that.
Speaker 3: It's a big ongoing joke now because he knows the dry is much scarier, and both of them will fit in there at the same time.
Speaker 1: Just when the listeners are going, oh my god, this guy's actually really really nice there, he is brings it right back.
Speaker 3: But I thought that was you get a mixed bag with We talk about it a lot on this podcast, daycare and stuff like that, We get a mixed bag. I would hate to be in that situation. So I'm going to bring you home with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always and it's tough. If Marley's just started doing it as well. The Thursday is the daddy day, and then she'll up in the morning and the very first question doesn't matter how many times you kind of pre empty the night before and like let her know that, Okay, this is a Tuesday. Wednesday's going to be a day. Ka day. Then Thursdays you got a few more sleeps. We like try and drill it into her and like give her a perspective of like when it's going to be the daddy day. Every morning wakes up and she's like, hang on a second, is today the daddy day? There's a day dayk day, And I'm like, oh, I'll like I don't want to lead her.
Speaker 3: On, Yeah, you just have your best off to just be like you got to go today, because you know there's a couple of days of the week where like.
Speaker 2: April's actually got a job. I'm this is a job somehow, but like I we're busy enough, and it's like, buddy, it just can't.
Speaker 3: And this was like one of those days where it's like I had so many emails that have been away and I was like, just gonna have to juggle it.
Speaker 1: Except the only time that kind of didn't really work in my favor was at the moment. Marley still comes into I bed at three thirty in the morning and she just loves to kick everyone. I can kind of sleep through it, gets woken up, but she's like, I'll go into Marley's room, so it's just me and Marley in bed and it actually was a daddy day. My day's mixed up. Yeah, so it's a Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, a parent got their days mixed.
Speaker 1: But it must have been that. It was really it was like three point thirty.
Speaker 2: Four four in the morning. I was really thinking, and I.
Speaker 1: Also was so disorientated. I didn't know what time it was. And Marley's like, is it a daycare day? And I was like, yep, fortunately it is a daycare day today. No, and then she's all like she was expecting it to be the daddy day. So she flips out, runs out the room, and I fall back asleep.
Speaker 2: Not worried at all, like Laura being like, mat, come and get this kid.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry about that ash before we go into ordinary parent Yes, there's a message that I want to flag with you, and it it didn't make it. We've done nothing. Okay, didn't make sense to me. I was a bit confused. So a dad has written in and he says, currently the time of writing this message, it's two fifty am. Why did no one tell me that babies make so many fucking loud noises whilst they're sleeping. Heads up would have been great.
Speaker 2: I can relate totally. What do you mean obviously you're talking like newborn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the only noise that I can think of was when they scream. Yeah, when they're sleeping, they're sleeping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Oscar was Oscar was so noisy, like when we we bring him home from the hospital. And first of all, we all were in the same room because that's you know, that's what's advised.
Speaker 1: You had the cop next to the to the bed.
Speaker 3: First of all, we're like, fuck, it was winter, like fuck, it's we didn't realize how cold our our house was. Well, that particular room was like old unit, old windows, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: People who live in like a ducted air conditioned house are a part so lucky. God, you don't know how good you've got.
Speaker 3: We had that with Macy, but it was a summer baby, but we had air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Oh it was great. This place is like fucking living in a poor house.
Speaker 3: But the old place, like the windows were so.
Speaker 2: Old, the windows like rattley and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But we didn't realize that the room was so cold start off with, and were like he's shivering.
Speaker 1: His lips purple.
Speaker 3: Not good for we all moved to the loungery was a bit warmer, a bit more insulated, like nice bigger curtains. N it was nice and insulated for everybody.
Speaker 1: Question regarding that though, what about when issue with sunlight coming in?
Speaker 2: Is it too bright the liv No, No, it was quiet. We have these big shutters.
Speaker 1: You could like give it the bender treatment and black.
Speaker 3: It out, turn the oven on and really make it warm. I got this anyway, So we all slept in there for the first two weeks.
Speaker 2: But yes, he was like up and down all night. But when he was asleep, he was just like he had all these weird ticks. Like I was like, what the is with this kid?
Speaker 3: Only someone left the timerround, But I've had friends as well have been like, yeah, fuck, it's so noisy, just like it's so weird. From there, We're like, all right, we I think we upgraded our heater and we all moved back to the bedroom.
Speaker 2: But we're like, let's get this fucking kid out of here.
Speaker 1: Because people come over like guests and they're like, hey, Ash and April, good to see you, and you're just like, April's asleep on the couch. What did you guys? We were you sleeping in the living.
Speaker 3: Room all on the lound. We were on the lounge and the cop was like on the lound. At the time, we had like a fourteen seat lounge.
Speaker 2: It was great, took up the whole living.
Speaker 3: Room space, but it was like so like twice the size of this so we could all fit. It was all fun and the dog, but Oscar was so noisy. Then we all moved back and I was like, Nah, this kid's got to get out of here. He's too noisy.
Speaker 2: So then we moved back in the living room. We know, we.
Speaker 3: Had a second bedroom, and we were like made it so it was warm enough. It's completely soundproofd so we couldn't hear it. But he was like, real, yeah, just I don't know. I suppose like they spend what night months in water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're coming out and they're like kick.
Speaker 3: Like when they're in the kicking, they probably make that. Yeah, they definitely make like weird sleepy noises.
Speaker 1: Like I know what.
Speaker 3: I've had friends as well that they've said the same thing. Maybe you've just got one of those kids that only screams in their sleep.
Speaker 1: It was for lol. It was either either she was screaming like she was in pure agony or she was kind of toast. It was nowhere between.
Speaker 2: Do they sleep talk or anything?
Speaker 1: Oh maw, Marley does now.
Speaker 3: Because I suppose it's like the baby version of sleep talking, right, because they're alive, they're active, their brains like continuously growing.
Speaker 2: I suppose when they're.
Speaker 1: Still wires are still trying to connect it.
Speaker 2: But like I know Oscar now he like sleep, laughs, sleep screams. He's shocking.
Speaker 1: Only time, like before we go to bed, we did one last little check on the kids. And Marley is such a wrigglar that quite often she'll be like right on the edge, if not like on the.
Speaker 2: She falls out of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, downstairs and we'll just hear this. I'll put it back in bed. And as you put her back into the middle of the bed, she'll be like, I don't want to ride the pony. And you're like, what the clouds flowers are broken? Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, like, look, I think it's not widely talked about.
Speaker 2: Maybe it needs to be more talked about.
Speaker 3: It like great, yeah, they're gonna first they're gonna scream themselves to sleep just about. But then when they're asleep, they're gonna make all sorts of noises.
Speaker 1: I do know it's annoying. Like Buster, for example, he'll sometimes come into our bedroom and he'll just be there going lick at his ned. Licking is absolute red Rocket, that's always. That is very annoying. But hey, let's get into your favorite segment.
Speaker 2: Budge smoke was most ordinary. Pair were desert repair ordinary repair.
Speaker 1: We don't know, We don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Because do you.
Speaker 1: Want to go first or should I? How are we going to do this?
Speaker 3: I'll go first and then you go second.
Speaker 2: I've picked one Matt, which I.
Speaker 3: Thought would be right up your alley, considering we talked about the other day. You're struggling with the hair doing the hair for the girls. So someone has come to us by the name of Candas. So Candas, thank you for sending it through. She sent this through through direct message on Instagram, which you can do that on two doting dads. My ordinary parenting is my girl's hair. They love fancy braids, love watching YouTube and asking for different hairstyles. When I'm time poor in brackets, often I do whatever I want to their hair, then say, oh, take a photo and show you. Then she pulls up an old photo of her hairstyle that looked amazing.
Speaker 2: Shows them let's get going.
Speaker 1: Brilliant brilliant. Marley is big on the like take a photo and what does it look like in the back.
Speaker 3: I was watching videos and photos of himself a bit of himself that kid, What do you got?
Speaker 1: Okay? I think I have a winner here. Quite often you have found the most ordinary parent, but this week I believe it is I. Well also Lauren, who was submitted an ordinary parent moment. She says, we headed to Bunnings with our firstborn in Brackets, only a few months old. Firstly, congratulations family trip out as fully, who wants to go to Bunny Bunny. As we got her out of the car, she had a pooh leakage a poonami if you will. We went for a standard nappy change, only to realize we had packed everything except the nappies.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: We contemp literally. We contemplated going home, but thought we just need to run in. So we lined a plastic nappy bag with a disposable change pad, lined her pram with her change matt and chucked a blanket over her legs just in case we got judged. Very good, What are you getting from bunnies.
Speaker 2: That's so important. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also also bunny should sell nappies genius. That's funny.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where I have to always like I have in the car a couple of nappies just like rogue nappies in there, so I always forget them and nothing is worse than getting somewhere and you're napulous.
Speaker 2: That's very creative.
Speaker 1: It's very It's like a guy plastic that dad is very like di I.
Speaker 2: Y like, don't worry, I wonder buddies.
Speaker 1: Also like typical dad when like you're first born, a couple of months old. Yeah, he's like, you know what, I'm going to fix that back deck.
Speaker 2: She's like, really, let's go to buddies and slap a few bags of soil.
Speaker 3: If you have an ordinary parenting story, you can d m us at the two Doting Dad's Instagram give it a follow away there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bastards, Oh you can.
Speaker 3: You can send us an email at two D D two D D at outlook dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: You could win two hundred dollars worth a budget smuggling. Can I finish this so?
Speaker 1: No, of course you absolutely you can win. Our a sponsor and they very deserving of having this line put in there. Please, I love budget smuggling.
Speaker 3: You could win two hundred dollars worth a budget spoke. I'm going no, that's it, it's done.
Speaker 1: Say again.
Speaker 2: Go say it again.
Speaker 1: You could win hate me sometimes to be honest.
Speaker 2: Moving on to the line.
Speaker 3: You you could win two hundred dollars with a budget smuggler gear on us.
Speaker 1: Perfect and all before I forget, if you want to have early access to the Budge Smuggle Black Friday Sale, which is a twenty five percent discount across everything on the site. That's men's, women's, kids, swimwear, hats, beach umbrella shirts, can callers like literally everything on the website. You can use the code two Doting Dads. It's two Doting Dads all lower case. We'll put it in the show notes. It is valid from Wednesday, the fifteenth November until Sunday, the nineteenth November. That's eleven fifty nine pm.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: We have questions, Yes, we do have some questions. The good people of this country need us, mostly parents, that they are in dy need of assistance. They have questions that need to be answered immediately. That is why we're here. Yes, do you guys have any advice to help my toddler brush their teeth?
Speaker 2: Pin them down?
Speaker 1: Next question, brushing teeth. It's bloody heart.
Speaker 2: My kids love it brushing their teeth. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are you using for toothpaste?
Speaker 2: Chocolate? Nah? Nah?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They just love it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they can't get enough of it.
Speaker 1: Really, you've been blessed. My kids absolutely hate their teeth being brushed. It is one of the most frustrating parts.
Speaker 2: When trying to brush a dog's teeth.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like faces, like doing a thing you can to avoid.
Speaker 2: Do you let them try and do it themselves? Though?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But they do such a crap.
Speaker 2: But this is the trick.
Speaker 1: Here we go. What do you got?
Speaker 2: This is the trick.
Speaker 3: What do you get them used to having it in their mouth and their own accord? And then you can even brush your teeth along with them and they can then they can teach themselves.
Speaker 1: Oh like like father, like son.
Speaker 2: April like something. I haven't brushed my teeth about fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I found something, Ash, you've got something. I found something that I think will make it a little bit easier for parents to brush their kids teeth.
Speaker 2: Were you got?
Speaker 1: It's right here?
Speaker 2: Is that a little electric toothbrush?
Speaker 1: That is no, no, it looks like it. If you want to give this a little go ash, you can.
Speaker 2: I'm not putting it in my mouth.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, don't. You don't use it to well, that's the only problem is that you can't. You can't turn it off. But you're meant to brush your teeth for as long as the music plays.
Speaker 2: That's too long.
Speaker 1: It's a very long time.
Speaker 2: Still, Yeah, I wonder you kids don't like to brush your teeth. They're enforced. That's the I look.
Speaker 1: Is it a different song? It keeps going?
Speaker 2: How long? It's shower for that long?
Speaker 1: Kids love it? Mate y, let me.
Speaker 2: We can't finish the show because of this fucking tooth brush.
Speaker 1: There needs to be an off button. But kids love it, kids are into it.
Speaker 3: There's no way, there's no way. It's too minute, two minutes.
Speaker 1: Don't touch it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, put in your pocket.
Speaker 3: It's still good. It's like on the Simpsons when the doorbell stays on.
Speaker 1: I can still hear it. That's my advice.
Speaker 2: Fail. Well, okay, go with what I said and pin them down. Next question.
Speaker 3: Alright, Alright, I have a twenty month old and I'm two months pregnant with my second.
Speaker 2: Do I need a double pram?
Speaker 1: Can I just say, very good reading?
Speaker 3: I am nine hundred months old.
Speaker 1: Eight minutes to get that question out? What was it again?
Speaker 2: Pram? Double pram? Does she need a double prem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I feel so passionately about this. I sometimes get fixated on like certain things, like for example, when it came time to getting a leaf blower, man, I researched, like I was just really into knowing, like how many leaf blowers were out there, what the waterage was, like the battery life, and it was the same.
Speaker 2: Did you end up with? Wise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the Riobi twelve volt.
Speaker 3: It was like, before we answer the continue to answer the question because there's something I wanted to talk to you about that I now own a power tool.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Clearly really takes sec.
Speaker 1: Bringing in bringing in that is I don't want to judge the size of your tool, but that's pathetic. And it's the it's the auto's brand, is it. It's like, look, look, turn it on, give it a bell.
Speaker 3: Look, this is where I'm at. Okay, it's not how.
Speaker 2: Big it is, how you use it, first of all.
Speaker 3: But I'm now a proud owner of a power tool. It's my very first power tool. I went to Bunnings to buy it. This is not a Bunnings plug, by the way, and I was like, oh, I just get something cheap.
Speaker 2: It's just to do the garage and the back.
Speaker 3: I don't have much to do. So I went and I bought the blower, didn't do any research. Got home, realized that you've also got to buy the battery and stuff separately.
Speaker 1: That's the problem with that.
Speaker 3: The I know, and it costs me as much as the expensive one in thee.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Terrible?
Speaker 2: Does this make me a man? Or?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean it's it's getting there. It's like going through puberty. You've got You've got like three pubes that have sprouted. You want to get one of. I almost went the like petrol powered, like the one you put.
Speaker 2: On your back cut like no back area.
Speaker 1: It was like, we need to range this right in.
Speaker 3: But sorry, I wanted to bring that up as soon as you said blower.
Speaker 1: I wanted to show your enjoy. I felt the same about PRAM. I did a lot of research with a double pram because there's a lot of options. Actually, you can get the ones that are stacked on top of each other like a two story yeah.
Speaker 3: Or you can get the side by side, the double decker, the side car very confusing.
Speaker 1: A lot of conflicting reports out there because I put some stuff on stories. This is before Lawla was born, and some parents were like the two stack amazing. Others were like, no, you want the side by side. But the people like the side by side is too wide, you can't get down.
Speaker 2: I'm against it the whole.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not okay the bugaboo donkey.
Speaker 3: We don't all have bugaboo money in the champs.
Speaker 1: The guy who's going out buying power tools.
Speaker 3: One power tool I own and isn't even considered the power tool. No, so I I just don't want to be looking for put my dick in the end of that thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get your mind. No, okay, anyway, you're like, it's my first power tool. You've got that many flash lights.
Speaker 2: I'm against the double pram. Here is why. One. You take up too much fucking footpath and you're wrangling that thing.
Speaker 1: You get right away. Everybody gets out of you.
Speaker 2: But that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Let's get the fuck out of my way. I've got you know, I'm as important as you.
Speaker 1: So if you have to take both kids to the park, how.
Speaker 2: Do you scooter a baby on the back attached?
Speaker 3: Oscar's riding along keeping macone entertained.
Speaker 1: Nice I go around a corner, Marley keeps forgetting to hold on like that.
Speaker 3: That's that the people comes down to education.
Speaker 1: I get to the park and I'm like, where the hell is Marley.
Speaker 2: Comes down to education?
Speaker 3: You're educate her and say hold on tight, hold on tight.
Speaker 1: Okay. Also coming back from the park, stopping this some groceries, the two.
Speaker 3: Cars, how do you fit down that? How do you fit down the aisle with that thing?
Speaker 1: Just bulldoze my way through.
Speaker 2: Get out of your part of the problem, part of the problem. So we bought one.
Speaker 1: Was like, what do you got with pram?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't have it anymore. We didn't last that long because I was like, this is the biggest waste of fucking space that we have. We bought it, used it twice, realize it's just an absolute pain in the art.
Speaker 2: Moved on.
Speaker 1: So what's in the single prem what would you got.
Speaker 3: I've just got well, we barely even use it.
Speaker 2: We're now we're riding around a bike.
Speaker 3: I put kids in the back of my electric bike. I've got the April on the bike.
Speaker 2: Too, because a boat Adam hell on his scooter. Look, I would say, don't get one waste of time.
Speaker 1: Amber, who's written in Okay, you have a choice right now. You can listen to Ash, which is the right choice, or you can listen to myself. It's entirely up to you.
Speaker 3: But I don't be a burden on society and get a double prim.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you right now, if you get a double Pram, you will never You'll never regret it, You'll ever make think about it.
Speaker 3: It won't impact her because she'll make a dad push it.
Speaker 1: No, think about how often you are going to be spending time with both these kids in PRAM. You want one that is going to be It's got a good turning circle, it's got great bearings.
Speaker 3: Just stick with the single. You don't have to worry about any of those things because the single does it all.
Speaker 1: Just when I thought we were best friends to be agreed on everything, Nope, you come out with this awful viewporn on prams.
Speaker 3: I think like we've got a travel single pram and a normal single pram. We don't use either of them now because the kids, like Macy wants to get up and run. I get a newborn, No, I get she's gonna have a newborn, probably gonna be most likely strapped to us, sometimes maybe strapped to dad. Sometimes feel like the double pram is something that's like the good ones expensive. I agree with you, if you're gonna get one, get the fucking good one. I agree with you on that point, but also very expensive for what they are.
Speaker 2: Buy another car.
Speaker 1: How can you put a price on your children?
Speaker 3: Ash, well, that's what are they going to eat this week?
Speaker 2: Or not make a choice. I'm hungry getting that double bram. Anyway. On that note, that's all we have time for today.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap it up. It's been a pleasure as always speak to you. Guys.
Speaker 2: We are best and we're back.
Speaker 1: If you've enjoyed this episode, we are politely encouraging you. We're definitely not begging. I'm begging, unlike some of the comments made by people who have left reviews just because you begged. You guys are so desperate. I know we are but if you have enjoyed it, we would love it if you gave us a review on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, a few comments, a few stars, and if you think anyone out there would benefit from listening to Two Dads talking about their opinions on them brand, please send them this episode and next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you much.
Speaker 1: Two Doting Dads podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, sea and community.
Speaker 3: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestrate Islander.
Speaker 2: Peoples to day. This episode was recorded on Gadigal Land