Speaker 1: Hey, Legends, Welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. Now plenty happening in this episode. Upsets all over the IFL happening from top to bottom on the ladder. We also have some flopping issues we're going to cover, and obviously we're going to cover the milestone men that were this week. So we've listening. It's gonna be a good episode. Let's go all right, everyone, let's get into it without further ado. Welcome Bright and Cock.
Speaker 2: Oh get a mace. Now, let's jump straight into the clanger of the week, because, as you touched on in the intro, flopping all over the joint. I don't know what's wrong with your fraternity flopping ridiculous, but they're just flip flopping all over the place. And I'm going to start with someone that we talk about on the rig on this podcast, who is a Jeremy Cameron. So he had a bit of a form resurgence. He came back, kicked a couple schnaggers. Unfortunately they lost the game, but we'll get to that now. The moment in the game he charges out grabs the ball, you know he's probably not going to get out of that situation. There's two tacklers coming in front on so he's in a bit of strife. Now it's coming, hits it hard, it's hit low, like right on the titties and just flings their head full, dive arms out. Down he goes and you get the free kick. Yeah, hook line and sinker mate. He threw it out. We all know he loves fish and he caught the umpire, dragged him in, got done the high. Toby Green's just standing off the side.
Speaker 1: Just oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And you can see the big smile on Jess Cameron's face because he knows that he got he got the big fish.
Speaker 1: I don't mind Max King now in St Kilda versus Hawthorne. This is one of the games of the week. You wouldn't have wouldn't have believed it at the beginning, but turned out to be a blinder. As they say, Max King gave a little you know, you get a little open hand chest hit and then little don't argue off for you know, you got the ball and then the guy returned it and he just fell straight to the ground and I was like, hold on, hold on, You've started this whole debacle. And then all of a sudden, never someone returns it to you, you're gonna fall on the ground. As a big man. You can't do that. As a big man. It's always the big man that it looks way west. Oh, it's it's part of the fraternity. A big man. You can't flop. That's just something that's just you have to be the big strong man that just you know, like takes care of the team, you know, always day he's like the bradon man, aren't you The big Man's gotta get in there, get into a fight, really break things up, whatever it might be. And then the funny thing is though, because it was already like, yeah, you get a fifty meters penalty right goes forward into the D fifty into storry into hawthorns D fifty and then cicily, while like kings running by guys, might as well double down here, just give you a little shoulder bump on the way through, since you're gonna get it about ten meters out anyway.
Speaker 2: I always think of that, Yeah, if if they're going all the way to the goal line, might as well, seriously, might as well. You got to do it before they take the kick, otherwise you give away one of them doubles. And it's you know, you're probably not playing the next week. But I want to ask you this, what do we do about this flopping epidemic? It's everywhere, It's running right through the AFL system. We need to pump it up, make it worse than it is, but it's everywhere almost every game. Now it has been suggested we give away a free kick to the flopper.
Speaker 1: Nah, because then it's like, okay, and then you give a free kick away from someone that looked like a flop to an umpire, It really wasn't. Whenever you go look at the camera angle and it's gonna be like, Okay, that's pretty screwed up.
Speaker 2: They've already said it. In theory, you meant to be able to panelize these floppers by giving them fines and stuff. I think the problem is that they just fell away with that, like they stop panelizing floppers, so then it crept back in again. Maybe just bring the fine back. Like would you be falling over if you knew that it was going to cost you like three grand?
Speaker 1: Now? I wouldn't be falling over either way. Bro. It wouldn't be a great look for me. But it's a long way down for you. I think the MRO has had plenty on their hands this year, so they're probably busy with that.
Speaker 2: To be honest, always do this like overreaction, big, Oh my god, there's flopping everywhere. Just play the replays a million times throughout the week. Do little segments like this where you take the piss out of the big men for flopping like big old flappy, old floppy sissies. And that's punishment enough, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, I don't know. It just turns into the news cycle for the week and then it's forgotten about next week. So we'll get into the games, Braden. We've got plenty to cover here. We've got plenty to cover here. And one of the big question marks from the weekend Sydney versus Carlton, how is Carlton going to go?
Speaker 2: Well, how is Sydney going to go?
Speaker 1: There's question mark over both of these teams.
Speaker 2: There was a big, big clash against Sydney Carlton and not great for Carlton fans. And I don't know how they rolled into this one optimistic. They're still optimistic Carlton fans out there, and I don't know how they do it. I don't know they must just be you know, they must just love the pain, the torture, the punishment.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one in Sydney, So away game. Sydney obviously plays very well on their home deck. Yeah sorry, Carlton had the same set shot issues, the same you know mishaps the front of goal that maybe cost them the game.
Speaker 2: I think it was they had nine set shots from their two big key forwards for a goal return. I mean, it doesn't make it easy to win, but it's so hard to gauge how your team is doing when you're getting those looks, you're getting those set shots and they're just missing it off. Now, one thing that came out that was interesting after the game that you know, externally I love to see it and I love to hear it, but internally you could see how it could cause fighting and internally within their fan base. But Jacob Wiedering after the game came out and said, look, we just didn't kick our goals. And that's almost like the forwards issue, like we did all we could. So he rolled the forwards under the bus. But it's true, you're getting them the ball, you have a nine set shots, they're kicking a goal Macee one goal.
Speaker 1: I think it's rolling them under the bus. I think he's just stating the obvious of like this is how many goals we kicked, This is how many behinds we kicked, right, and it would be frustrating to be a defender and like, you know, you get the ball and you do your job and then we get to the four line that we can't convert, and that's that just happens. You know, every team goes through their cycles of not being able to kick goals and you know, struggling in front of goal, and maybe it's the it's the flaw on the fact. It's like it's almost whenever you kind of come, someone comes out and gets all those issues, and then you start having issues and then it's in your back of your mind whenever you're going for a set shot and then you miss a few, and then that becomes a bigger issue, and then the whole ANFL media is on your back now like they are now about their set shot issues. And now it's just like I guarantee it's going through every single person's mind and if they're going to set shot and it's it's rough, but the only way to fix it is a kick a few and maybe it means you have to get closer to goal. I don't know, but it's something that I think everyone goes in these little waves and they go into this, you know, these issues and goal kicking, and then a few people get some you know, get some scores on the board, and then everything turns around you kind of forget about it.
Speaker 2: It is very interesting, and I do think you know that out of all the professional sports out there, they wouldn't really be accepted this level of missing. And that's kind of what Jacob Wiering was saying. But probably keep it in house. I don't know. Imagine if you came out and said, I keep tapping it down the pendles into goeye and they're just not getting the bloody clearance, Just like, what do you want me to do? Anyway, it's not an issue. We have.
Speaker 1: Nick Blakeley, absolutely good Blakie. At the moment the lizard is going nuts. Oh it's so good. I love watching him play and his little.
Speaker 2: Mullet that just flaps in the window and he's like scurrying along the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh good, so good. Another thing though, I want to mention also there's a few injuries Crips came off with injury George Hewitt concussion. Also one match pan for Carlton's Adam Chera, which we all know with Carlton now, the one match pan, you might as well just call that fine because Carlton's lawyer is going to handle that, but it is. It is a little bit worrying with a few injuries on the horizon. So yeah, we'll see how they go. Because a big, big game next week versus Melbourne on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: It's actually ended up being big Friday night games, probably not initially what the AFL was thinking in terms of why it would be big, but like these teams are just under constant pressure and then the big spotlight of Friday night footy the Crips coming off one. Oh even like I felt sorry for Carleton fans there where it was like Sydney just kicked the goal and you're like, oh, this is bad for him, and then it just cuts to Crips walking from the ground, limping, and I was like, what else.
Speaker 1: What else do you want to just kill my vibe with?
Speaker 2: And you know when a coach is under pressure and they keep cutting to the coach's box and it's slowly zooming in on him. It's like I can feel the camera like go away, Well, we're going.
Speaker 1: To the next one of the games of the round, Saint Kildo versus Hawthorn. Wouldn't believe it. Hawks come out in the win. I don't think many people would have thought that was going to happen.
Speaker 2: No one would have thought it was one of the games of the round St Kilda Hawthorn. But Hawthorne is showing really good signs like on your and a row on the trot and showing good signs quickly. Like I feel like, if you're a Hawks fan, you're like, oh, yeah, we probably deserve some time like down the bottom because we were up the top for so long. You can only last so long. But they're already seeing really good signs out of Hawthorne. A lot of good kids coming through. Sam Mitchell doing some really good coaching moves against it, one of my favorite coaches out there against a very experienced coach in Russ Lyne. So yeah, really good signs from them.
Speaker 1: Cicily, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: A game?
Speaker 2: Just couldn't do anything wrong on the day and he's one of those guys that he brings plenty. Obviously the interview where he's slammed Tasmania earlier in the year, he gives plenty to the game. He gives like, you know, a bit of flavor and flavor and what a game. But he added a little bit of sicily flavor because he's he spent it for a week, so you know he does he play that well if he's not, you know, treading that fine line, you know, treading that fine line.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he just clipped the go high and it was a silly mistake, but he did have an absolute blinder of a game. And yeah, like I said, ever since Tasmania said they're going to come into the league, Hawthorne said, get stuffed.
Speaker 2: Showing up feeling the pressure to perform. Do you reckon Hawks? Get it done against Port next week? Huge game that might Okay, they beat Port next week. I'm telling you Hawthorn flag favorites. Imagine the later.
Speaker 1: I'm saying the Lake run could make eleven in a row like last year. Never never count them out.
Speaker 2: You never know some of these teams they fall over with the pressure coming into finals. They might just Steven bradbreathe right past the got Australian reference there. Let's jump into the next one. Oh, this is This was a great game and for a few reasons, but Melbourne Freemantle at the G last year. I actually went to this game and Freo got the job done against Melbourne and they got the job done again. A bit of deja vu almost Melbourne in the same situation they were last year as well, because there was a bit of question masks going into the buy about Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Oliver's injured at the moment, big out for them, massive whether they'd be able to perform without one of the big, big names. And it was also a big game for Luke Jackson. Oh he'd come back, you know, the big game against their old club, you know the MCG their home ground. Jackson said, get stuffed. Yeah, he played a hell of a game played in there. Sean Darcy unfortunately injury with the hamstring. Drake Jackson had to come in and be able to to play first Rock. He did really well. Had a snap. He had a snap, oh man, and that would have felt good. He had to snap for a goal in the third quarter and he was hyped to say, least as you would be against your old old club. And I said Sean Darcy massive out for them going forward though their number one rock and one of the best ruckmen in the league at the moment.
Speaker 2: It was interesting because Jackson went forward while Darcy was in the Rock and it started to, you know, make him look stable up for and then he went into the Rock and dominated in the Rock. He can just play everywhere. Stephen May said on a podcast leading into it that he wouldn't even like Luke Jackson, wouldn't even realize it up against your old side is a big deal. Like he's that laid back, he's like boy. He was saying that he went to like the team's oppo meeting.
Speaker 1: He went to the now, he went to the team's like wrap up meeting for like conditioning for the next year, even though he had said he's not going back to the club. He's like, well, I just have to see out my duties here, so I'm here.
Speaker 2: That's so bizarre, but it's so cool and I'm glad that we're calling out these ones early. We've been on Luke Jackson for weeks now and he's come good, and we've been on GWS for weeks now. But we'll get to them. But your boy pick it what an absolute goal, he'd absolute. It was like two efforts he did, like the tackle then the tap on in the pocket and he dribbles it end over and instead of the little grubber along the ground and it pops up and bounces through the goal over the defender. Did you see this?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did. It remind me of Hawthorn Sydney Grand Final. I think Cecily maybe maybe like for a while to check division go back to the var on that one, but I think it was someone that were bounces. Then as soon as it gets to the person who's like on the line that would have just like you know, touched it through. It just hits this huge bomp. It goes flying over the head and go straight through the sticks. And yeah, it was a hell of a goal by Picket. Maybe gold the year. There's so many goals of the year, just picket every single week. You might as well just say chance for goali year.
Speaker 2: And it's no bias from you at all, not at all. And this one was also very interesting because our mate Nathan Buckley went up and hung out with our other mate Longy long Ee up in the box there. So is this weird to see someone from the media, just chilling up in the box getting a bit of tips.
Speaker 1: It's always interesting because there's always going to be the question or that Nathan Buckley wants to come back into coaching. You know, he's been in the media for a long time and him being in the box definitely started the pot. But he did put those rumors to rest. He had mentioned it on I think Broadcastody said no, don't look into it. Just interested from a media side to be able to go into the games pre post to see their meetings and see kind of how the coach's box runs, which is you know, due diligence by Bucks and I respect that. I think it's very interesting for him to want to see kind of how each team's run and how they go about it. So credit to him, but he put the rumors to rest. Look, it'll always be out there, It'll always be a story, well or not, Bucks will come back as a coach, will always be a store that's in the media.
Speaker 2: The rumors will never be will never stop. But Melbourne v. Carlton next week, as we said, it's gonna be so big and yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I honestly don't know. I love these Friday night classes.
Speaker 1: There's besides the game against US, there's another game that Carlton can turn their fans around in versus Melbourne next week. I think on a Friday night a big thriller. You can't be confident, but I think, well it is fix if they kick a few goals to start off the game strong, right, they get a bit of confidence. There's no telling what happens in that game.
Speaker 2: Interesting, very interesting. Maybe. I remember last year or the year before, offered to go down and do some goal kicking for Carden and they said, you know what.
Speaker 1: FA would have done. Here are going, all right, let's figure this out. Boys. We're sitting down, We're having a six pack of beers. We're gonna hang out. We're gonna enjoy life for a little bigger and forget all the ship that's in the media for the next hour that I'm hanging out with you, We're gonna enjoy a bit of life. And who knows, maybe that's what they need.
Speaker 2: Hey, it can't hurt at this point. There's literally nothing you could do to make it any worse. Now, let's jump into Geelong GWS. I was so happy. I'm gonna say it. I was happy, not because I go for either team, but I've been calling out GWS, is this they're doing better than the results early were saying, And now the results are come trained for a long time, I'm telling you, and they bloody showed it again.
Speaker 1: GWS.
Speaker 2: They've got a three game winning streak.
Speaker 1: Over Geelong at Get on the train. Now.
Speaker 2: Do you know Collingwood's winning streak down at Coadinya Park.
Speaker 1: Nope, you know we don't play there. Too big, too big, too strong.
Speaker 2: Well talking about too big, too strong, Toby Green two hundredth games.
Speaker 1: Yes, we mentioned it last week on the pod. We said there was a decent chance they might be able to you know, rally against a rally up for the good man and get a win for him.
Speaker 2: I think you claimed that he was going to kick twelve. Now he kicked four. That's pretty that's that's in a world where we over exaggerate everything. Four was twelve, twelve and four, same thing, it's bloody the same thing. Well, he was on early, he got them all really early and then just steadied the ship. It was yeah, they did. They've got this win and they didn't like not all of their big key like forwards were kicking goals like Jesse Hogan didn't kick a goal. A screamer though took a scream him As didn't even play. They're just resting blokes for this game. Easy win down there.
Speaker 1: Continue for.
Speaker 2: Jerry mccameron, we'll give him a break this week. Back on form except for the dive, stop flopping jays. But two goals seventeen touches, that's possible.
Speaker 1: I think that's all right, you know. I mean, we have high expectations for Jeremy Cameron. I'm not sure what the Coleman race is right now, but I think it's getting a little bit tighter. Jeremy Cameron was running away with it being of the year, but now he's pulled it back a little bit and there's a little bit of competition there.
Speaker 2: There is a little bit of competition and radically went up forward. We hadn't seen him up forward because he's been a little fortress down back play, but unfortunately got injured.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unfortunately, that's not ideal at all, but they've had him. He's been a very interesting player where he's put a lot of different positions from ruck to ford to best. He's very versatile he's a freak athlete, there's why, and it's one of those things I've always wanted to see him just really be able to own a spot, you know, and be able to really kind of because I feel like in that Geelong teams a few spots that need like a big, tall forward or a big tall back, and he's a person that's got the athletic ability. Well he gets I guess the games in a row and the experience where he feels comfortable in that position. So I hope he does get that. I hope he does become that person that Geelong can look to as the future of their club. But there's another thing that did happen in this game I want to mention, and it's Hunting's mask. Yeah, see this thing is real like Lebron NBA Finals, like just the Batsman.
Speaker 2: It was a heavy mask. It reminded me of who's that Kynty and father Beans that.
Speaker 1: Uh silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 2: It's wheeled in in the little trolley and he's got the face mask on. That's very deconing esque. It was because you talked about your glasses and a big fan of the facial accessories. Al Right, twenty steps you have to go to get your glasses. Now, deconing rolls out there in a borderline welder's mask. It's a full face mask. How are you allowed to wear that?
Speaker 1: It's legitimate though, because if you do, like have a break in your face and stuff like that, you have to wear the mask to be able to protect you.
Speaker 2: Like so you're saying it's like a like a tool of the trade or something.
Speaker 1: It's a medical thing, just like a guard you would have, like a shin guard. I feel like goggles, yeah, or like goggles. You would think from a medical standpoint, that'd be easy to deal with. I'm not getting into it. Break get myself in trouble.
Speaker 2: The AFL rolled out and said, hey, look broken face, old mush face, no.
Speaker 1: Mask, top ship.
Speaker 2: Well I guess he would have missed the game, wouldn't he.
Speaker 1: That's it. Well, there is some interesting accessories. I want to mention this because Jim Steins actually wore a green hat. I want to say to a preseason game. I actually didn't know this, and he fact, I'm telling you, I'm learning things about the a f L. Brighton it feel to give you this one filled probably probably AFL for dummies. Yeah, his book, I'm telling you, and uh now a big fan of the face accessories. So dacuning keep wearing it. I think you look legit and you look scary as hell.
Speaker 2: So well, and he doesn't want to wear it, doesn't he it's just because he's got a mush face.
Speaker 1: No, I think you should keep wearing it. It's a it's a fear fear tactic. Bring it in. We'll go to the next game, Gold Coast versus the Bulldogs. Awesome game. For a great reason. Darwin Northern Territory gets a game this year and it was awesome. It was great to see the pre match entertainment, really cool. See all the all the fans out there up on the hill, a lot of Doggies fans, a lot of white and blue there up in the NT. And I will say this, before the game there was they did the because obviously so Doug Nichols around. They did the traditional dance, and Jared Holbrough, who used to play Gold Coast, he did the digitido. I don't know if many people noticed. That didn't as much as attention as I thought it should, but he played the didjury do beforehand? Which is really cool.
Speaker 2: I thought both teams have a lot of Indigenous representation out there so very much.
Speaker 1: I think we're struggling for tickets for the players on the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, it was great to see. Always a great turnout up there, like it's always massive, and I always do think like there's plenty of good that comes from like playing for Collingwood, but it's the one thing you don't really get those games. It would be cool to see you guys up there playing in the NT. But gold Coast is starting to come good, which is really interesting. It shakes a lot of things up. You can't really just say, oh, easy win over gold Coast. They're out there doing their thing. They're going to be dangerous at home. Bulldogs. Good team and gold Coast got the job done. Maddie Row continues to dominate. I think he had twenty nine in a goal which is nuts.
Speaker 1: Rumor is he ate a lot of grass before that game?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Not a lot of grass off in the NT. But yeah, you're our old mate. Jared Wits dominating in the hitouts.
Speaker 1: And smashed it against him English.
Speaker 2: We got this one. We've been coming up every week with a Ford celebration when they when they kick a bag of five.
Speaker 1: Now, Licosiaus. What's the.
Speaker 2: Well, I was only thinking liquor. Licosia's Licosiaus. He kicked a bag and the surround they got a little good you know Ford line up, Well, I say little, but it's big.
Speaker 1: It's big, King kas Bolt Lakosis. It's they're starting to really start firing all cylinders. And I say gold Coast back in the day, it used to be a team you look at on the calendar and go, yeah, okay, probably going to get the win. Now they're a legit contender. I'm not I'm not lying. I think they're they're Finals bound this year as well'm.
Speaker 2: I say this is that that win that they needed? You know, like they're always thereabouts, They're always like ten eleven or whatever. You just want him to get a good win, a good scalp over a good opponent. And I think Bulldogs is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's been playing well over the last few weeks and they're they're legit contender too. So I think, like I said, gold Coast playing while they're finally getting the credit they deserve, and their their teams showing up whenever it matters.
Speaker 2: I always like these ones that take a bit of pressure off the coaches that get a lot.
Speaker 1: Of hate like pressure. Watch since they one coming up there.
Speaker 2: And they keep cutting to him sitting on the bench and he's McDonald's uniform with his little hat and ship and he's just you know, it's good to see him get just a bit of the pressurevlve, just a little bit of the pressure elve that comes off. So it's always good when that happens. Bulldogs take the l but they've banked a few wins. They'll come go there.
Speaker 1: Jersey swap at the end of the game, Levi cast Bolt also Jersey swap which indigenous round. Really cool to jersey swap. That would have loved to have done that, but un for surely my shirt was almost ripped in half.
Speaker 2: That's one thing we got to talk about.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it, Brydon, we'll get into it all right. Next time we got West Coast versus Essendon.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, what did you expect out of this game?
Speaker 1: It was in the West?
Speaker 2: Yeah, over there, Essendon get the job done. Probably what you expect one, you know, shining light. They're just a beacon out of it. He used to be a shower out of the West Coast. Just Oscar Allen kicked another four. He just keeps he would be up the top of the goal kicking. He's just keeps getting it done every week.
Speaker 1: After Kennedy retired, like this man has filled that position pretty well. Really was kicking a bag of game, and that was like there their hope and they're kind of like, you know Ford looking, you know, prospect going into the Ford fifty. And now Oscar Allen he's filling those boots pretty well.
Speaker 2: Kennedy is playing in the Carlton Draft series. Easy, I reckon he'll keep kick forty Like, how do your stuff him? I don't know, fresh out of the game, just a couple of months off, just to refresh yourself.
Speaker 1: I also feel like Kenny, one of those people had shocking a beer in the middle of the game, like you kick a goal in his goal celebration and just shot gunning a beer on the sideline.
Speaker 2: The tour would be great. Now we got Tom Barrass starting up forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very interesting that we all know West Coast a lot of injuries and they've had to flick some magnets around, so this was a very interesting one. Tom Brass starting in the goal square and we plan this week coming up, so I'm interested to see. Like I think it's a bit of a crapshoot with some of the stuff, like where people are going to play because they have so many injuries. It's so unfortunate that they're mid season draft. They might just draft twenty people. I don't know if that's possible, but they have that many injuries on their list where it's going to be interesting decisions, no doubt. But yeah, Tom Brass played forward. I hadn't really seen that in a long time.
Speaker 2: I like, you know, shifting the magnets around it. If you can survive the criticism that's inevitably going to come from you know, fans and the media and stuff over there, it's cool to just say, look, we got a million injuries. Let's just experiment for the rest of this year. We might find something that works for us going forward. Barrass might you know, up and kick a half half bag or something and then then you meet half bag, half bag, a thing yereck bag seeing.
Speaker 1: The half goals well, Jackal coach, as we talked about with Gold Coast, he was playing the back line. I was going forward line kicking bag. So you throw people around you just never know what's going to happen, and you know, maybe maybe a Tombarrass playing forward for a few weeks might help.
Speaker 2: M darcymore back line to the Ford line.
Speaker 1: See more. Tom Barrass would love that matchup.
Speaker 2: It would be good.
Speaker 1: It's two guys and Gerviy McGovern too, Like, just don't mind floating across you know.
Speaker 2: Now this one was very interesting because we already recorded when the bumshell hit so dimmer.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I thought you were talking about the earthquake that happened this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was actually awake for that. Were you awake?
Speaker 1: I was my whole apartment just like everyone opened the doors, is like, what the was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me and my housemates are sitting in the land room and everything started to shake. At the same time. I got a message on my phone. It was like an earthquake alert. It a message on your foot, instantaneous. It was like me and my housemates said earthquake alert as it was happening, so a bit late. But my other house.
Speaker 1: Wild tack to be like earthquake, don tick if text messages all of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: And my other house man he did because he didn't get one, So that.
Speaker 1: We'll move to the next game Richmond versus Port Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the actual bombshell, not the earthquake. Dimma kind of quit halfway through the week, just said, you know, I'm cooked, put my hand up, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Let me have a break.
Speaker 2: Good on him.
Speaker 1: You know, he's had plenty of success for the Richmond Tigers and brought like, you know, broke the drought. The man deserves to kick his feet up. Absolutely. Congratulations. You go down as one of the best coaches in history if you can win three flags, best coach in history. You know, reinvented the game in the way he picked a team I think. I mean you think back to those days where he's like ruckman, don't need him, and then it was the fast footy in the fast paced kind of what we're playing right now. Like that, that was Dimmer. He was the original one that kind of started out, I feel like, and that was a huge wave that changed the AFL world for the future.
Speaker 2: Everyone was, you know, playing Richmond footy there for stage. Collinwood's taking it over and putting their own little flavor on it. But an awesome pre match post by Dimmer sitting on the couch, I reckon it was like ten am and he's already cracked a beer, sitting there with his dog, just a beam and smile on his face, and he said, surely not long left until the game. So like it was awesome just to see that picture, and you automatically go, like you realize the weight, Yeah, that would be lifted off his shoulders as he just for the first time in you know, a decade, just gets to enjoy a beer and watch the game as just a civilian.
Speaker 1: Just like it's it'd be almost just as special two because he still have those connections with the team and like still feeling connected, you know, as relationships with the people playing, but being able to take a step back from the stress and the you know the pressure of being a coach of the Richmond Football Club.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? He's still giving sprays from the couch. Surely, mate, you're not meant to be there. Run down here, you gotta get over there.
Speaker 1: The dog would be like it just turns off. It looks at him. He was fuck you, just like leaves.
Speaker 2: Come back to work, mate, get out of my hair.
Speaker 1: But there's some good things out of this game.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Richmond did lose, but Tim Taranto, who's been under a scrutiny from old Caine corns in the media. But four goals, thirty three disposals in seven tackles fair call to say he had a good game.
Speaker 2: Now, if I was to say that a person that gets four goals, thirty three disposals and seven tackles isn't in the top two hundred.
Speaker 1: And fifty one hundred and fifty, where do you think you sit in here? Look? Based on that stat line, I think he's going pretty well.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty phenomenal. And I think another stack came out that he's the only player in the AFL that's got one hundred Fantasy points in every game this year, So it's gone, all right, he's going alright. I don't know what Kine has been watching.
Speaker 1: If you're consistent, this is the word you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, consistent, Yeah, it's consistent.
Speaker 1: Brandon. Well, anyway, Power do win this one. That's their eighth in the row. Last time I lost us in the MCG and they turned things around. And I think, to be honest, and we mentioned this earlier, I think it's going to be tough to beat them. If they get a home final in the finals to beat them in Adelaide's can be a very very tough gig for whoever it lines up against them. But I also saying this, how is kN Hinkley not signed for another twenty years? Yeah, we're a big kN Hinkley fans on this. We saw his little jiggy gave last week and holy smokes, he needs to be signed back up.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Kind of remind me like the Krusty Krab.
Speaker 2: From the Yeah, I don't know, and I don't know what anyone else knows, because it's like every like there's all these rumors that always circulate within the media and stuff that it's like, oh, Dimmer finished up. Ken Hinkley mightn't be there next year. He's like, how what are you talking about? The blokes?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: What eight in a row? They've lost two games for the year. What else do you want him to do? What does Ken Hinckley have to do to get people off his back?
Speaker 1: It's touchy, figure it out.
Speaker 2: It's I don't.
Speaker 1: Understand, sick of waiting.
Speaker 2: Oh so, yeah, it's good to see Kenny up and about, poured up and about and it will be a fortress for just Adelaide going off at the moment. Both Adelaide teams absolutely flying the buzz over there must just be phenomenal. But yeah, it's always good to see Kenny up and about doing his little jig. But yeah, well, like I guess we better move on to the other Adelaide team who's just flying at the moment. And this is this is a massive one because I think Brisbane where yeah, seven wins in a row halted by Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. There were so many good moments out of this for Adelaide, including Isaac Rankin kicked from a stopach little left foot snap ridiculous across his body does the Eddie Betts like, this is my pocket up the other end of the ground. So yeah, you know, still adi BET's pocket, but the pockets up the other end. Okay, so they got two pockets in the pants and he's got along the bucket, got the other pocket. I don't think he did celebrate with the crowd.
Speaker 1: Loved that. I love that Adelaide players celebrate with the crowd. They really really get him into it and I'm a big fan of that. I love Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: You play there, have you played their many my.
Speaker 1: Favorite dobles because it's so small, run around as much. Is it hard to kick like the hill end? Is it swirly in there with the stand? Yeah, that you just deal with it. Like there was another goal that Rochelley, the greatest showman in the I f l. Rochelle kicked a goal and we're a big fan out it was. It was a real thread the needle kind of typed down from the angle, just slotted it right through and you best believe he gave it. I didn't give the You just kind of celebrate this mate. It wasn't macall with his friends out there and big texts Texas well your own you did a celebration from him the other week.
Speaker 2: Oh you played the Walker Texas Ranger theme.
Speaker 1: So that's what it was.
Speaker 2: He's back season kick. He's the season return Walker Texas Ranger. He came out kicked three on return. So good to have him in there.
Speaker 1: Good good little in for Adelaide, and they're going to be a tough team going through the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know if they can shut themselves in the foot of having text you know, miss last week just putting it out there more hindsight stuff.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: It's pretty easy to be a good little hindsight operator. You come up with all the best hindsight stuff. It's the best. That's the best. Let's jump into what everyone's here for. Collingwood, North Melbourne. Three milestones in this game. Three two hundred gamers in Mason Cox and Jaden Stevenson, next team out of yours and Steel Side bottom three hundred games. Now, we can't not touch on this first, all the build up in the world, Steel comes out. People in the street. Did you see his neighbors put together a little banner and he drove his car through it?
Speaker 1: Very cute.
Speaker 2: It was very cute. And then unfortunately only a few minutes in and Steele was on early four.
Speaker 1: He was on pace for sixty elk on the day.
Speaker 2: And people going off every time he touched the wall. He got injured pretty much straight away and righty came out after quarter time, said mcl injury. Now, DC Darcy Cameron had this earlier in the season. Something like this different with like Ruckman. It's a bit like you know, you're coming off a big distance and you're just smashing knees together the racks, but a bit of innocuous, but Steel went down subbed out of the game. Did you know straight away that it happened?
Speaker 1: I was. I came to the bench and I saw him, and you know, it's never good, never year on the bench behind the bench, you know he has the second tier up and you got the jacket on. I saw him there, and yeah, it's just it was just sad because it's like, oh man, he was in good nick, you know until the until the injury, and he was going really well and having me have a blinder of a game, like really good. And then you kind of see him there and you're like, oh man, like it would you just because he's such an icon to the club. He's a fourth player in Colling with history to play three hundred games. He's been such a staple for such a long time there at the club, and he joins Pindles and them two and them sharing those kind of moments throughout their career and stuff like that. And to see him kind of go down in three hundred, I kind of turned around and go, well, at least it wasn't two ninety nine. Could be worse steal, don't get me wrong, but at least you got the three hundred, you know, and yeah, you'd love for him to kind of go there and be able to get chaired off after a really good game and performing really well, and he was on that trajectory and unfortunately got injured. And it's just I think as players, we all knew by like quarter time, because you know, he's kind of came out there with a jacket on, and that was an ideal by any means. But luckily enough we were still be able to get the win for him, and you know, he was able to enjoy the week that was all of Tolla Budra or Shepherdon, where he was from. I think was there and all his brothers and family were loving it, and geez, I think he asked for like sixty or fifty something tickets or whatever it was, and it was great, well owned down three hundred game and something we're super proud of him for and yeah, super humbled to have him on the team.
Speaker 2: Well, walking around in the rooms after the game, you can tell every side Bottom they've got a very side Bottom esque face. But I was sitting up in the friends and family section and I saw it early, and I didn't want to say anything because I was like, oh god, I hope they didn't see it. But he walked out a quarter of time and the whole wing gave him a standing o and he had his big, you know, signature smile on his face, which was good, and he signed some was he signing autographs?
Speaker 1: That's just three quarter time? Yeah, I think someone like threw something over like the plexiglass there and he signed it and threw it back, and that's just steal one on one, you know, just always given to the people, and yeah, it was. Yeah, it's awesome. He's an absolute legend, a great human, super humble and just loves playing football, like just the happiest man. And it's a credit to him how far he has come, and yeah, what he's still accomplishing now.
Speaker 2: One of your former teammates, Jaden Stevenson, also ran out for his one hundred barrel.
Speaker 1: He actually kicked a barrel in the game, and I had real big flashbacks there Ton.
Speaker 2: You'll get investigated, but yeah, he had a really good game and I probably hate to say, I think he'd be cue and.
Speaker 3: To bring it up as soon as it happened to I'd like, oh, it was just he had back of the flies, good Mark and back of the flight and bit Q in a one on one and that'll knocked down as we're sende a little bit old qball.
Speaker 2: Yes, doubled it in one go. But that was great to see him out there and some of the Collingwood fans giving him a clap when he kicked a couple of a couple of snags on.
Speaker 1: The days star for us, you know, and he played the Grand Final and everything else, and you know, he's probably the reason for successor of that twenty eighteen period.
Speaker 2: Now, talk us through this. You got down here written flys pre game. Now what happened pre game?
Speaker 1: I think it's already been talked about. Fly Fly drives up a little bit for it and an American flag hang out his back pocketing, and he loves a pregame like just laugh, right, He like kind to break the tension of the game, you know, and then he gets into the serious stuff. But at the beginning of every meeting he kind of has a bit of a laugh, whether it be saying it's John Noble's birthday or saying something else or whatever it may be. And obviously for the four hundred games between the two of us, he had a bit of a laugh and stuff, and you know, put I think like my face onto steal and steal onto my face, onto my body and stuff like that. And I had a bit of a funny, funny thing. But Craig is one of the best humans of being able to break the ice, I think with players and definitely did that pre game. And yeah, it's a credit to them because I think those moments are just realizing the moment, having a laugh to break the ice and then kind of focusing in and really honing in on the details is a great way to coach team into a game.
Speaker 2: Now, while we're in pregame mode, big build up for the week, did you get any juicy text messages from big names celebs.
Speaker 1: I still have I think fifteen unread messages on my phone that haven't got to I've tried to answer every single one of them, but every time I answer one, it's like then two more come through and like super fortunate, awesome, like love that everyone's reached out. It's been amazing. No, I just had a few. I did have one person that reached out. Bradon Special, someone special, someone special, special, someone someone that I'm the biggest fan of. No, guess again, who Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, he's a player. He's a player.
Speaker 1: Different time. I had a great man a place for the Melbourne Demons. You wouldn't believe it. We talked about murlier in the podcast Picket the great Man sent me a message, sent me a DM. Such a legend, such a legend. We need to get him on the podcast. Thrown out there, everyone tag Picket. We're gonna get him on the pod.
Speaker 2: I'm it's good that he reached out and that you haven't scared him off with you.
Speaker 1: I'm amazed he's not freaked out on me yet.
Speaker 2: Over the top clinginess coming in now. You did have your family in town and I ran into him post game, old filthy film.
Speaker 1: Fil all over it, miked up for the game. Yeah, he was great content. He was pretty stoked about being miked up. Who was that for? For Collingwood? So I assume some point during this week come out with or cock special.
Speaker 2: That was juicy. I said that I wanted to see this from him. I want to see like a meat smoking YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Where he that's a great call.
Speaker 2: Actual, yeah, like where he you know he does the briskets and all that stuffs barbecue. Yeah, I want to see it. I want to see it. But it was good to see your family in town. I don't know if we've met before. I feel like we would have along the line you've met Nolan. Nolan's the episode if you haven't listened to it, But it was like, it was good to meet the family in the post podcast era, like the era that we're in that is, you know, we tell stories about him every week and.
Speaker 1: They listened to every podcast. And I called Phil filthy Phil.
Speaker 2: Like every week, and I was like, oh my god, is he going to be like finally I get to catch up with the guy that keeps calling me freaking filthy Phil.
Speaker 1: But it was good.
Speaker 2: It was a good vibe down there in the rooms, and it was good getting around there. I tapped up Nolan and I shook Filthy's hand because I was like, mister Phil.
Speaker 1: Mister Phil.
Speaker 2: And then your mom came in for her hand and I was like, bring it in. I got the big hug. But that was good. It was good down there. A few people down there. You had Pebs down there, the one of the ogs that got around your early days, taught you how to play the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very good.
Speaker 2: One of your friends that was handing out the room passes said, yeah, do you know do you know mister Anthony and Pebs two guys Anthony and Pebbs. I was like, yeah, I know, m Yeah, So caught up with Anthony and Pebs and yeah, it was a nice vibe. It was a good game. We've got a few more things to talk on. You only seem to exclusively take one hand marks Now is this is this a new thing? And where where'd you where'd you pull this from? Because this only happened in the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: Tough whenever the other ones hold behind your back feedback, No, it's yeah, it's just one of those things. Now, I don't know, like just you kind of get that separation with one arm, then that gets stuck in between somehow something gets stuck, you know, and you can't move it out of the person chests. I don't know how that means. But then you have to bring out the other one. But I think it's the whole thing. It's like, if you know, you use your reach, if you get the hand up, and it's almost a jump ball after that chances so I'll take my you know, I'll take the betting odds on that one to get a jump ball. So yeah, two weeks in a row, a little one handers.
Speaker 2: How long do you do you reckon? Each arm is? How long is your.
Speaker 1: Think You're you're armworth is the same as your height, So I assume about seven feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had so three and a half foot. I'll take out a little tattle there, not much I reckon. That's a good little tactic. Just hit him with the fen and your hands are the size of two man's hands, so like you've just been able to palm down the ball. New tactics. They're going to have to come up with a little, a little way to defeat that. But I hope we don't. We just told your new tactic. But one other thing that I notice, hopefully they didn't notice that. But one thing that I didn't notice. You took a mark early. And I'm like, oh, big fellas on, and you missed it.
Speaker 1: I didn't take a mark as a free kick, didn't deserve it.
Speaker 2: I missed it, Okay, So you missed it, and you just got so filthy with yourself. And then I remember that last week Fly said that you get really angry with yourself when you miss girls.
Speaker 1: Oh my horsess critic. Now, how the media is bad and people like talk shit about me internally?
Speaker 2: Oh just how do you think that helps you?
Speaker 1: That you got to get it out of your system. It's like a venting it's a whole venting thing. If you have farm. Sorry for the kids out there listening, but maybe you have farm or two if I miss a goal, but yeah, yeah, it's just it's frustrating. But luckily, you know you kicked the next two such shots and were happy days.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think he's just a bit of maybe go down, Matthew Rell, eat a little grass.
Speaker 1: Just I'll do the next jack in the box. I do just have a little blade of grass. Spit it out. Check it out channel seven.
Speaker 2: For oh boy. I just want you to touch on this. Jordan to Go. I don't know if you know him. He's having a blind over season and he had another ripper. I think it was like thirty five and a goal yesterday or something around those numbers. But it's getting pretty ridiculous. It's out of hands. A lot of people are talking about Nick Dacos and I reckon he must be loving that, because finally Jordan to go. He doesn't have the attention that he used to cup week in and weak out. Yeah, it must fill you with confidence. And this bloke just tear it up in the midfield.
Speaker 1: See him in the midfield. Sometimes I'll be playing rock and I'll like, yeah, tap it down. Then all of a sudden, Jordan was just like he just picks up off the ground. One guy tries to tackle and just bounces off that dude. Now I'm like sitting there just like watching it. I've got like a front row seat to this whole thing happening. He just I think last week at one point, bounce off one guy, bounce off another one bounced off me. And then when you kicked the Ford fifty, them all inside Ford fifty. The man is one of the hardest people to tackle. He's got just that lower center of body where he just kind of just shoves people away and just like rips away from people and is able to get the ball out. And he's playing so well at the moment. And I think on at one point during the game he had done something and then kicked the goal. And if I'm sitting on the bench ill like a fly goes. He's a damn good player, and I go, yeah, he is pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's pretty crazy. You are literally when you're in the ruck, you're tapping down to Pendles, who's like goat status. Then you got Jordie. Now you got Tom Mitchell, who's like he was just ripping it out and getting it to the outside at every opportunity. You got so many midfielders around you, it's just must be a good field.
Speaker 1: You got tay you on this just just a ball just like just ramps through everyone just tackles every single person that comes there. I'm just there's the people that come through the middle. Were very fortunate as myself and Dorothy Cameron to to have that kind of client tele coming in there to help us out.
Speaker 2: To be fair pretty exciting. All over the field. You got Checkers took a mark and Bobby Hill was streaming past on one side and Jamie was streaming past on the other side, both hands out like give me that, and he just burnt them. But he went back and kicked the goal. So you should have seen Bobby. He was filthy. He was like, mate, I was flying the fastest guy in the he was zooming and at ground level. At the ground you can actually see how quick this bloke goes. But hey, I think that's pretty close to it. Touch on. So next week you're going to Perth.
Speaker 1: Go on Perth, Yeah with the fan WI the Perth fam is coming out to Perth. Yeah, coming out to w O think about doing right in a silent see a Quaker hawker.
Speaker 2: Get down and get the photo that.
Speaker 1: I already golfia other quaker. Yeah, didn't feed them wink wink.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that'll be an interesting one. Maybe goes to Oh you can't go to some wineries over there, but.
Speaker 1: The fan mom and Daddy going to the market river after There'll probably be some colling and fans down there. Mom and dad seriously getting recognized everywhere they go. Even you were getting recognized at the game. You were saying, you're becoming a bit of a celebrity braiding. But it's real weirdle listening. Please keep doing it every interaction.
Speaker 2: Like you might think, oh, gee, wouldn't you love it or something, but like I am awkward person, and it was like I reckon, I butchered every conversation. And every time I butchered a conversation, I was like the next conversation, I'm gonna get it, and then like so walking in to two young blokes, Oh my god, Braiden, how's he going love the podcast? I just I don't remember what I said. And then getting in there and they're like, oh, I've seen you on the TikTok.
Speaker 1: TikTok.
Speaker 2: Our TikTok goes off a lot of young kids. So we've got to watch us swearing. That's one thing that I took out of this, gotta watch your swearing, because we do have a lot of young young fellas that are watching us young ladies as well. A few people showed me their posters and stuff Big Mace's one hundredth and stuff. It was really cool. It was cool to be out there and just realize that this thing is growing. Like we sit in a van in my driveway, but it exists outside of this van in my driveway, so it was really cool. A lot of people notice this from the tiktoks or what have you, so it's awesome that the community is growing. Love the feedback. I'll try get less awkward over time. If you stop me in the streets. Some bloke out of here was like, right now you going to the game. I was like, yes, no, I just freaked out. My brain shut down. Yeah no, no, yeah no, yeah yeah nah yeah, I had a stroke. But I'll get there. I'll get there. I'm starting to be more comfortable with, you know, existing outside the house. But one we've got another one shining moment. We talked about all the you got a hundredth miles, then that's pretty good. You got you got three hundred, that's okay, you got four hundred games. Matt Nichols four hundred games is an umpire.
Speaker 1: For those that don't recognize the name Mattie Nichols, he is an umpire for the a f L. We love umpires here. That's actually probably the best way for people to know who he is. Looking for a discussion. Decent bouncer, decent bouncer the ball do you know the good bounces? I do? His back's been a bit sore. That's straight. He's actually no razorre can bounce it straight. You just can't bounce it high. Not a lot of not a lot of high jump. Yeah, it's it's more of a ball up from racer right. Friend of the podcast, and he's been on check out his podcast. That was a really good one.
Speaker 2: He was good in the search Bar annoyed me his podcast because you want to, like, you know, you want to think that you can stump the umpires, but he was just our clarity. He makes you see it from his point of view, which is annoying because you don't want to you want to live in you want to fight with him, but he's he's just so well spoken.
Speaker 1: That's it. Last saying pros up Steel, we love your mate, prays up Sidie. The man with the greatest name in all of the IFL Steel side Bottom. I don't think he gets enough recognition for that.
Speaker 2: I watched back of the Pat McAfee talking about Steel and they blew their mind. Steal slip. Now, we got quite a week this week. We're not going to do the two episodes this week. We've had a big month.
Speaker 1: Have a big month. Familyes in town. I need to take a breath, and you're heading over to Perth. Headed over to Perth, which is.
Speaker 2: A big way contry, so it's way over there. I actually said in the rooms, I was like why yeah, so person would be way closer to home for you guys wouldn't know, like, what the what what's talking about? So I made an idiot myself again. Social situations not getting there, but I'll try. We're getting the T shirts mate, because we put that out there weeks ago and we had tons of people come back.
Speaker 1: Apologize everyone that's on me. I'll put it on me.
Speaker 2: And we'll also do a little I don't know if anyone saw it, but the Mason one hundred games little poster that we chucked up on Instagram. Going to do a print off, limited run competition of that, maybe ten twenty of those signed by Mason Cox. It will definitely be Mason and not me forging your signature. But we'll give away some of those. But we've got to figure out the nuts and bolts of the competition. But keep an eye out for that, and we will.
Speaker 1: Get the gear. We will get some of these cool little shirts that where am I at here? Coolest shirts of the Mason coxture. It's actually super comfortable and everything else really good, really good shirts.
Speaker 2: We want to do a limited run of that as well. For the Ogs. We've got the OG fans, the family that's been around since the beginning, So we're going to do a run. If you're on board now, you're one of us, you're the family. You're the core fits of being the Ogs, so you've got to get the benefits of being the Ogs.
Speaker 1: We'll have a special it won't look like this, it'll look like a different logo, a special logo for the Ogs. Over someone who wears an amazing cock shirt that doesn't have the OG. You'd be like, hey, on one of the first and you're not part of this.
Speaker 2: And when we're getting a million two million subs or whatever, we'll remember you guys, and you'll be able to bust out your T shirt that'll be worth thousands of dollars because it's absolutely rare, limited edition. Anyway, we digrassically dragging it.
Speaker 1: On well on Tyler tool On. Thanks everyone for listening in absolute epic week. Plenty of upsets and plenty of things to talk about. Thanks Bradon for joining everyone. Check out the socials and the podcast and have a look through some of the old interviews. Got some good ones coming up.
Speaker 2: Too, A big one we still have a massive one.
Speaker 1: Last one we've been waiting to release for a long time. Man, I'm excited to it gives me goosebumps thinking about anyway. Everyone make sure you subscribe so you don't miss it. Absolute legend coming on the pod and it's gonna be a good time. Sorry. Everyone, enjoy the breath that is this week and we'll catch up with you next week with everything that happens over the weekend.
Speaker 2: sEH y