Speaker 1: It is Wednesday, let's do this show staple. I think one of Australia's most beloved radio segments.
Speaker 2: Girls, do you agree the best one in the whole country?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're not wrong. Pick up, pick up, put down.
Speaker 1: I bring Britt Laura a topic and news story, something in the culture that the world is discussing, and you two need to decide. Do we pick it up, keep the conversation going into the rest of the week, or do we put it down and never speak on it again?
Speaker 3: Are we ready for today's stories?
Speaker 2: Rock and roll?
Speaker 3: Pick up put down? This is close to my heart. Eating a burger with a knife and fork.
Speaker 2: Put it down. I'm confused why this is news.
Speaker 1: Well, a former royal butler worked for the royals has come out and said we've been doing it all wrong.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen. Eating a burger, we use a Nathan fork.
Speaker 1: We never use our hands, unless, of course, your Fred Friend's story.
Speaker 3: It's gooie what Fred friend stone?
Speaker 2: No, So I.
Speaker 4: Feel strongly about this. A burger is made for the hands, but I am partial to eating pea so occasionally with a knife.
Speaker 5: Of you guys are all animals. It's spills very UnAustralian. Hey, I have a way animal. I have a question for you. Do you eat a meat pie with a spoon it all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I take the top off and then eat it like then.
Speaker 5: You spoon it out. Yeah, I do the same. I wasn't sure if that would grows people out. You pour your sauce inside and then you spoon out the feeling and then you just eat the pastry bottom.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any way to do any of this, Like, no one can tell us what to do with our food.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the royal family like picking up a juicy burg with your hands, and the queen like hooking into like a double cheese burger, which is like injustice, no one can tell us what we do with our food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you stand up for yourself.
Speaker 1: Fish ankles eat sushi with a fork and no one gets mad at them.
Speaker 2: No, that's probably what else is in the culture.
Speaker 3: Pitch up, put.
Speaker 1: Down, Bluey's mother, Mama, Bluey voicing the Brisbane Metro.
Speaker 5: Pick it up about time Chili was voicing the Brisbane Metro.
Speaker 2: I could care less.
Speaker 4: I don't have a personal attachment to Bluey or Bluey's mom or you or you just.
Speaker 2: Wait, like parents across the nation are thrilled about there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she sounds good. The actress's name is melanie's An Nettie. She's the new voice of the Metro line in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: This is a one six nine service to UQ Lakes. Ah, so Australia speaking about Australia. That's iconic.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't even if I heard that voice, I have no association. That doesn't even hit Bluey for me because I don't watch Flue.
Speaker 1: You know, My question is was she hired as a voice actress and she also just happens to voice the Bluey Mum or was she hired because they wanted the Bluey Mum character? Like? Is it just?
Speaker 2: I mean, you'll have to ask her, Mitch.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: As much as I am invested in Bluey and I think it is a fantastic show. I'm I am well in the trenches of Bluey. I don't have those answers for you.
Speaker 3: See, why not Pepper Pig's dad or something.
Speaker 2: Because Pepper Pig is so rude.
Speaker 5: She is so rude to Susie that sheep like, ah, she's a brat.
Speaker 2: I can't stand up. Pepper is a mole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if she was another animal and not a pig, she'd be a mole.
Speaker 2: She's actually a pig.
Speaker 3: Put it that right, pick up, put down.
Speaker 1: None of none of the Australian premiers attending the King Child's welcome ceremony next Monte.
Speaker 5: Why why can I not care?
Speaker 3: Yes, you can also, Okay, you can put it down.
Speaker 2: I'm putting it down.
Speaker 3: They have revealed that they are not going.
Speaker 1: None of the any of the premiers from any of the states had they given it his ceremony. They said that their schedules are busy, they've got other things happening that most of them are labor and labor also are pushing for the referendum to distance ourselves from the Commonwealth. So it could also be a bigger picture thing, where like we don't want you to be important, We're gonna step away.
Speaker 5: It's a bit mean, isn't it. I feel like poor Charles, he's really not gotten the respect that the other kings and queens have gotten, Like the Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: We're all there, the princes were all there for but no when.
Speaker 3: Diana came, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I also just deserves respect for traveling twenty four hours at that age.
Speaker 2: Good on it. And with those fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pussy, He's got pussy fingers. So recond Camilla, I reckon. Camilla would love Judy free shopping.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, Darling, get me March No. Number Five on a discount.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just feel sorry for that. That was so weird, minch.
Speaker 5: I feel sorry for them, right us know that that people are just not as invested in them as King in the Royals.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, let's move this along. Next up, another cultural moment, Mitch, that's taking the world by storm.
Speaker 3: I missed it.
Speaker 4: Can you ask an X for money back when you are either breaking up or have broken up because someone has done that, that moment has gone virals.
Speaker 3: Next on the pickup