Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. You're joined by journalists Amy and Sophie Torber for our very special Under the Influence episode. And we are so excited to be joined but probably the most talked about Married at First Sight contestant from this year, Martha. Martha, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: No worries, all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're so excited to speak with you because you are you are our favorite or married at first Sight.
Speaker 2: I have to say, oh my god when people tell me that, I really find it hard to believe that. So actually I was actually so shocking. But okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Well, because you brought the entertainment every week.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's one of the reasons why people chune into a show like that, is I mean, I, for one, I loved when you threw the wine. I just was like, oh my god, she went there.
Speaker 2: You loved when I threw the wine. Okay, I like you. We can be friends.
Speaker 1: Oh look, we've all been in those situations, haven't we.
Speaker 2: I've never done anything like that ever before, Like I have never ever. I'm usually not really I'm not really that like aggressive. I've never been violence or anything like that ever. And I feel like I was in a position though that like I've never like my blood boiled to new levels, like new levels.
Speaker 1: Well I think also, people know when they're watching reality TV they were only seeing one part of someone's personality anyway, So I'm sure there's lots of you that we perhaps didn't see. Was it frustrating that perhaps the other sides of you weren't portrayed as much as this other side.
Speaker 2: Was so annoying, so annoying because like you, nobody really gets to see like I am fiercely loyal, like to my friends, to my partner, Like I just feel like no one gets to see any of that, And that was like the really annoying part. Like, yeah, I can be cheeky and funny and I can say silly things, but like I'm also like a really loyal person, and I feel like everyone really overlooked how like loyal and how much effort I put into actually, you know, getting to know Michael, and like Michael wasn't necessarily my type, but yet I really like put in the effort to peel back the layers and get to know him, you know, I feel like it was so overlooked. Everyone overlooked that.
Speaker 1: And it is, and I think it shows how fiercely loyal you are and what type of person you are that you're still with Michael. It shows how successful that relationship is. And we have to say congratulations. I hear it was your one year anniversary last month.
Speaker 2: No, it's crazy, though, that is crazy, Like, no one is more shocked than us.
Speaker 1: Well, we loved how you celebrated your one year anniversary. I've heard so much online about the picture you posted. Can you explain it to people who haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just a photo of us too. Like we had just come up from the pool. We're a few margaritas deep, and I were just sitting on the balcony. There was a really nice sunset. I was just you know, I didn't have clothes on because I was about to have a shower actually, and I just thought, my god, how do we look out here in this light? Quickly get the selfie light out of the photo.
Speaker 1: It's a great pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was I didn't think. To be honest, I didn't even think it was racy or anything. But I feel like I don't know, I honestly don't know why people made such a big deal out of it. I swear to you girls, I do not understand it. Like my grandmother is like, she's like, please please, I want these framed for my house. I'm like, oh really, She's like, it's so sexy. I love it. I'm like, okay, yeah, it's got the approval of my grandparents. Like, how come everyone else finds it so shocking?
Speaker 1: What a cool grandma though, I think that's amazing.
Speaker 2: She's so cool.
Speaker 1: I suppose that's the best kind of Instagram, Isn't it to get people talking? I mean, to be honest, it really wasn't. It didn't really show that much other than the side of your body, so it is quite I don't know. I think people just want to have a go.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's Australians like particularly, I think I was in I was in America like after that happened, and I just feel like, you know, people there are so much more liberated and open minded, and even the things that they talk about so publicly, they're like, if we were to talk like that here, people would have so many opinions about it. But I think personally, it's just my opinion. I think like Australians were so sensitive to everything, especially anything to do with sex or or anything like that. I feel like, Oh, we're so, we're so, we're not uninhibited, that's what we're not.
Speaker 1: I think they also have Sorry, there's a lot of the case of tall poppy syndrome. And I feel like if anyone is seen to be doing well or you know, there might be people that are jealous that you're in this successful relationship. I feel like that's when people lash out a lot, particularly Australians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent, the tall poppy syndrome thing, Like, I totally agree with that. And I feel like even before I, you know, was on the show and had a relationship, I felt like in my career, like in my job as a makeup artist, I felt like I really struggled with tall poppy syndrome a lot, especially mostly from other women. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely. Well, can you tell us a little bit about what life was actually like before married at First Sight, because I mean, as we can see, it's changed significantly.
Speaker 2: Life before MATHS was, Oh my god, I missed my little life before Maks was such a I was so chill and like I used to work. I worked a lot. I was like a workaholic. I was I was really really passionate about like makeup and beauty and things like that. I've always been creepy about that sort of stuff. But I guess, like I guess I could say I was a workaholic. I had quite a actually I had quite a balanced life. I like to work out a lot. I worked a few different jobs, and I mean, you know, just I was living in Bondai, so it was nice. I like to spend a lot of time outdoors. Like, what do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that's great. It's really interesting because I feel like they don't show that much about your previous life and career, so it is really interesting that you were a makeup artist. But what was it you think that made you want to sign up for the show in the first place.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't actually sign up for the show. I didn't put myself forward. I was approached by the by the production company.
Speaker 1: So were you out and about or was this just sort of like an a random email or INSTAGRAMO.
Speaker 2: I was actually at work and these two ladies just approached me and we were talking, and like I was just being myself. I'm like really bubbly and especially at work, like when I have it when I'm having like an interaction and like sometimes you know, you meet people randomly, but you can still have quite meaningful interactions. And I feel like we were having like a meaningful interaction with these ladies. And they they randomly asked me about like, oh, do you know any nice restaurants for dinner around here? And I'm like, to be honest, girls, I just moved here, so I don't really know that many places. And they're like, oh, did you move up here with your husband? And I'm like, you know, I'm single. Like I'm like so single, like it's almost going to be ten years I've been single. And then they go, oh, my god, do you want to be on this show? Blah blah blah. And I was like, no, no, no, no, I'm not interested at all. And one of the one of the guys that I worked with, it's another makeup artist, he gave them my number secretly, and it all happened from there. It just yeah, they contacted me and just thought I'd be a great fit. And yeah, they just convinced me it'd be really fun. And I mean, looking back at it now, it has been a lot of fun, and it has been a massive learning experience. But yeah, that's how it happened.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny because we're all we're triplets and we actually got approached as well. I think it was the series when they had the twins and we were just sitting at a restaurant and this producer came up to us and was like, oh, are you guys interested? And I think we all had boyfriends at the time, so but they must have been really keen on you to keep persisting because we didn't get we didn't get the follow up. Then that's a misperception when people watch maths is they think that everybody's applied, and then there's a connotation that you're only applying to get insta fame or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that was like really annoying, Like people these assumptions and then they're like this, you're stuck with the label, like you're stuck with that because someone has assumed that it's so annoying. But no, it's like it wasn't at all. Honestly, I thought it would be a it would just be a fun experience and it was something I could have fun with. I did not expect to actually meet somebody and have you know, a year down the track and still be with that person.
Speaker 1: And had you watched Maths before you went on?
Speaker 2: I had watched the season before, but that is it. I haven't like seen other ones, and I hadn't seen any other ones. I honestly thought that the season before was like the first it's a brand new show, like, oh my god, have you seen this show? I didn't know it was. It was like the sixth or seventh season. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Well, it has changed a lot because I think at the start, soph and I both watched the first series and it was very different. I think the experts sort of really went in there wanting to match people. It was more of a kind of fly on the wall kind of look at it. But it really has changed so much drama. And one of the things that I loved especially about this series of Maths was, of course the dinner parties. Are you able to give us Are you able to fill us in a little bit about what the reality of those dinner parties are, because I've heard they go for hours and hours and hours, and it's it's not a.
Speaker 2: Real dinner party at all. It's a dinner party that starts at around eleven am. Then it's just like a lot of waiting around, a lot of intervals. Yeah, just a lot of Most of the dinner party were all separated and just having one on one chats to like a producer and the camera.
Speaker 1: Uh so, yeah, what about the do they turn the heat up? Because I heard that was a rumor because I noticed people were quite sweating, quite profusely during the dinner parties. Is it really hot in there?
Speaker 2: Oh, the room does not have heating oreic on. It's literally just like a like a like a shed. So like if it's hot, if it's hot, it is like stinging hot. And if it's raining, usually filming cut because you can't hear any And if it's cold, it's freezing. It's sort of like that. And so it is warm in Sydney during the months that we film. But no, I don't think they like try and like make you you know, like make it hot or anything like that. It's not it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to if they turn the heat up to try and make you drink more, if that was one of their sort.
Speaker 2: Of Oh, but they cut you off if they see you as like if they think that they if that you're really drunk, they cut you off. But I just feel like I just feel like they pick how to cut people, they just don't pick the right people to cut off. I feel like poor Michael would have like one drink and they'd be like, oh, Michael, you cut off. I would be like blind drunk with my eyes rolling back into my head, and they would keep like serving my wine.
Speaker 1: Does anyone trust you with red wine?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Has that been like a long running joke? No one would give it to you.
Speaker 2: No, anyone who knows me, who knows me, trust me with it. But the next day on the set, it was so funny because all the camera men in the audio guys were like, I had asked for some almond milk to make a protein shake, and everyone was like, oh, I don't know, I don't know. Maybe like let's not give very anything like that.
Speaker 1: To be fair, didn't didn't Irel throw a fruit bowl at you as well? Previous wasn't that?
Speaker 2: Oh no, she had come into my apartment. She did throw Oh she threw everything inside at me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved how you stood there with your face mask on the whole time though. That was probably my favorite episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it takes a lot for me to take off a face mask.
Speaker 1: Okay, talking about Sorel. Were you surprised to hear the news that, well, it's a bit of old news now that she's having a baby with Eden from Love Island.
Speaker 2: Oh, I actually just heard that they just broke up, and I was like, I was so shook about it, Like I actually got like I was. I felt so bad for her, Like I was actually saying to Michael, like, and he looked at me, like a few hours later and I was still reading the same article that he had said that he showed me. He's like, why are you still reading that? I'm like, I really can't get over it. I think it's actually quite devastating, Like it's devastating, but no, look, I mean it's been a really this year for us. I can imagine for Cyrel as well, has been crazy, and I feel like only now is everything starting to settle. But I feel like she's in a new relationship as well with Eat and all she was and I just feel like I feel like, oh, I think it's taken a while for us to like just even get our bearings back. And I mean I wasn't shocked by it. I don't know these things happen. It's you know, when you're having unprotected sex, you could get pregnant, like the roof of the Drew. No, I don't think I was that shocked. I don't know. I don't know really, to be honest, I didn't really think about it that much, but I was really upset to hear that they broke up. I really I feel for her.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems like from what we've saw she did have she's got a fiery personality, so hopefully it's just a fight that's but.
Speaker 2: I also feel like she comes from such a strong family unit that she would want her baby to have that as well, and I feel like it would be devastating. I feel like probably, I don't know. I don't want to blame it, but I just feel like, I don't know, like he.
Speaker 1: Does a great track record, does he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He doesn't. We're not from what I don't really know that much about either, but I feel like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And talking of other castmates, and there's rumors obviously at the moment, that Jessica Power is going to be appearing on Love Island. What do you make of all of that?
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you for a fact that the contract that we've signed with Channel nine is like ironclad, and I doubt that Jessica Power is going to be able to get out of it. So we actually can't work with any other networks or shows or wearing a contract. So I think it's a rumor.
Speaker 1: Are you what is the status of your friendship with Jess because you were close on the show, but was there a bit of a riff between you guys after filming.
Speaker 2: I just feel like the friendship with Jess was really for it was really sort of I guess, encouraged by producers and really for the show. Jess is not somebody I would have a relationship with in real life or or even like associate with somebody. Not like saying wrong with her, but she's just not my people. You know.
Speaker 1: Talking about producers, do you guys have a really good relationship with them or is it? Does it start off good and then when you see the show.
Speaker 2: My were some producers that were well, really pushy and they really didn't care about your well being. But my producer, sweetest man, he was really caring and like he could tell when we were becoming you know, when something was pushing us to our limits, and he would push back, whereas usually another producer would see you getting flustered and would actually like you know, push for more and more to bring you to breaking point.
Speaker 1: That is good that he was actually looking out for you. Just moving on to life after maths. What was it like becoming an influencer? Because we see all the glitz and glamour, but what is it really like?
Speaker 2: There's so much pressure and like today, like this weekend for example, I have literally been a demon to everyone around me because there's so much pressure. I have deadlines and I have like making content is so so much goes into it. Also, it's hard because you have to constantly be on, Like you have to constantly be on and like witty and funny and make jokes and like even like just when you're like filming something, you know, like sometimes you wake up and you're just like nah, I can't be bothered living today, But you have to film something for a brand and they need the content you just it comes across on camera, like it comes across in your stories or in your videos that like when you're not vibing, and I really like, for me, it's so important to be like authentic and to be genuine and I feel like when I'm faking it, I just I don't know, I just I don't like it.
Speaker 1: And I suppose it's hard for you too, because you want to be authentic, but then you probably don't really feel like putting your bad days out there because as soon as you put something up, the daily mail jumps in it or you cop something probably from a troll, and that quite difficult sharing you know, real things that you're going through as well.
Speaker 2: I mean some things I don't I don't put out there, like I like to try and keep my relationship just like the like, you know, we put a lot out there, but there's a lot of it that we don't put out as well. And like definitely one hundred percent there's things that I don't like to share. But I feel like the more and more it goes on and the more I'm getting used to it all, I feel like there are trolls, but then like there's also really supportive people out there, and it's so refreshing and nice to like hear from them, and everyone like will send you a little message and your DM and it's just and it's just nice. It really it makes your day a little bit better and it's just it's just reassuring to know that there's there's nice people out there, but you know, it's not as easy as everyone thinks, and like it's exhausting, like I don't really get to see my friends and family. I'm always traveling. But then also I don't want to complain about it. If anyone is complaining about being an influencer, then they don't deserve about that to do it because it is also a lot of fun and there's also a lot of perks.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned that there's obviously a lot of support, but then there's also trolls, and I think there was a post, oh, I think it was a few months back that you shared of yourself in Greece and you were holding a cigarette, and there were some people that slammed you, saying you're glamorizing smoking, but other people jumped to your defense. Were you surprised by the comments, especially the comments about you being a role model. Do you actually consider yourself a role model?
Speaker 2: I feel like the last thing I was doing was glamorizing smoking. I think I mentioned in the posts as well, this was the only photo that me and my stick got together, and the whole wedding, and I just posted it because it was like, really a cute picture of her. But I feel like the last thing I was doing with glamorizing smoking. I'm never smoking in my videos or glamorizing it ever. But also I just feel like I'm human man, Like I'm allowed to have a smoke at a wedding, Like I'm not apologizing for it.
Speaker 1: I feel like you'll be a good sister there if you you know, often it's a will post a photo that they look good in, not the other cigamore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, correct.
Speaker 1: So it say it's a case of being a good system for having a cigarette. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's funny because that that article actually made it to news dot com and my dad reads news dot com, And the next morning we were at breakfast at the hotel and he's like, oh, they're you know, you're glamorizing smoking this article saying. I'm like, but I'm not, And he's like, I just think even that. Dad's like, I think you need to be careful what you put out there, because you know, young people, young girls are gonna look at it and then like you might influence them. I'm like, man, young girls have mothers at smoke like young girls have aunties at smoke. You know, I'm not the influence for that. I don't think like I think I'm a I don't know. I just feel like, am I a role model for for for like? I don't know. I actually don't know, don't you guys? I don't know.
Speaker 1: At least it made you think about it though, because I mean, it's good to hear that you know, have that a by assume your dad, because I suppose now that it's out there, you probably probably do think more about the posts that you put up. I'm going into something though, that you have been very honest about. You have been quite open about using apps for editing or photoshopping photos. Do you think it'd be good if more influencers were more transparent about it too? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, I just feel like it's one of those things that they're either going to be open about it or they're not. I just feel like you can see, like when someone's edited a photo and they are just digging their grave thing I did and I didn't. I did this, I can't you're talking to like the panel of professionals here like week with you can't like And the more and more they go on about it. It's just like, give it up, already, give it up, give it up, just say say that you did it, like you're human. Will let it them. But I feel like I've been really open about everything, even like surgery, fillers everything. I just it's I've always been like that. I've always been someone that's super open and even like if it's like if I've got a really good product or something, I'll tell everyone about it. I'm not the person has found like an amazing face cream and like keeps it as a secret or do you know what I mean. That's not me at all. I'm like the most open, transparent. I say everything. Sometimes it can be a bad thing.
Speaker 1: But well, the other day I've read this article and it was about a Love Island contestant in the UK, and she was basically saying that before the show she had plastic surgery because she often got criticized about the way she looked. But then it really made me think because she said that now she's copying criticism for changing her appearance despite people being so awful. So it's kind of almost this lose lose situation where you know, you get canned for having something wrong. With you, you change it, and then you're still being criticized. Do you find do you find that it's true?
Speaker 2: I just feel like this is what I know for a fact. You will never make everyone happy, and there's always going to be somebody who has something to say about what you've done. You will never ever make everyone happy. Like that is. Just accept it and then you're at peace.
Speaker 1: That's such bad.
Speaker 2: Like even if you do even if you do something right, like even if to go and say donate one hundred K to charity, someone would come around and say, but why did you choose that charity and not this one? You know what I mean? Like, it doesn't matter even if you're doing something from the bottom of your heart and you know, with all good intentions, it's always going to be some idiot that has something to say.
Speaker 1: Talking about criticism and always colling criticism. You shared a post that was raising awareness about bullying and the hero t shirts, and I thought that was an amazing post because you spoke about the bullying you faced as a tach.
Speaker 2: You've never really spoken about it before because I just feel like, oh, everyone's gonna have something to say about it. But I had a really hard upbringing my dad's job. We used to move around all the time. Like I went to like fourteen different schools growing up, Like we were constantly moving. I mean when I started school, I couldn't speak any English. I I couldn't. I had no friends for a long time, and like it was hard to make friends. And I feel like that that was my foundation. From young like I struggled and I was you know, always sort of like left out. I had to see a speech therapist. I couldn't speak properly because I only learned how to speak Greek from young. So I was always made fun of. I was literally the only Greek girl. Like I grew up in aubrew Wadonka. I was the only Greek girl maybe in all of aubrew Adonka. Like nobody had an eyebrow that touched in the middle, nobody had like the black hair, like you know, like I was. I was always made fun of and teased and tormented. Even going into high school. Misha Baden was the girl, and like she's tall and skinny with like this really like smooth hair, and I was nothing like that, you know, I was even made fun of even through high school. I was always really, you know, trying to put my ass into a pair of hipster jeans was not was not cute at all. Like my mom would always be like, funny, those jeans aren't for you. I'd be like, but that's what everyone's wearing, you know.
Speaker 1: Did you have those face off pants?
Speaker 2: Those? Nah? I didn't do the face off I did the my ticos. Okay, yeah, they were like the Figger stretch. You're a bit more bougie ones.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was gonna say, yeah, so you reveal this story about your life, I suppose a lot of people can ren too. And then and from Billy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I thought that's what I thought as well, like, surely there's other girls that can relate to this, Like, surely there is. But everyone you know what though, girls in all honesty, like I could have just archived the post. But the more trolls that, you know, right on it, the more the more interaction it gets, and then the more awareness it actually spreads. So in saying that, yeah, there were a lot of trolls and a lot of nasty comments, but if only people knew that those nasty comments they send and they like on my wall, actually my pay you know, presence on social media then probably wouldn't have as many. So I like to keep that and.
Speaker 1: As long as there was one person, you know what I mean, there probably would have been one young girl out there that could relate to your story who's perhaps going through boos.
Speaker 2: Ways, even if it's just one person that I can help, all that benefits from it unhappy.
Speaker 1: And just to put that into context, because people may have actually forgotten who Billy is because from married it First site.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to give him any time, like to even mention him, to be honest, but let's just say.
Speaker 1: It to the listeners. It was somebody from Married It First and he made some comments about Martha that were really uncalled for. It's just ridiculous when you're out there trying to do some good.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, Like like I said, like, I didn't even want to give him any attention because like for me, he doesn't exist in my world. I don't think about him ever, so I didn't even notice.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone that you do catch up with still from maths?
Speaker 2: No? No one?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, really no one?
Speaker 2: No one? Really no, I don't really like apart from a little DM to one of the girls here and there.
Speaker 1: But no, no, have you seen the rumors that Elizabeth is going to be appearing in the latest series?
Speaker 2: No, no, I haven't. But guys, I'll be honest, most of it's like rumors, like I doubt any of it's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do wonder if it's all clickbait, but apparently, I mean these are sources. I think nine had their upfront, so they showed a few images of the new Brides. But it's a it's a pretty strong rumor going out there that she gets introduced as an intruder. Then again, it was a strong rumor about Jessica Power as well, and we've seen that, so Martha's probably right.
Speaker 2: But no, but I wouldn't, I know. I think it's all just you know, clickbait.
Speaker 1: And moving on. There's been a lot of comparison between yourself and Kim Kardashi in and particularly in a recent trip to LA because because Michael's even been called or compared to Kanye West, which surprised me. I didn't realize he was a rapper. But what do you make it? Make of it all?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just a reach. It's there. It's a reach, like they are reaching if they've put Michael as Kanye. That is like a massive reach.
Speaker 1: How did you What did you get up to on your trip to la oh oh?
Speaker 2: We had the best time. We just sort of did like I guess, what do you do when you're on on like away. We just went for dinners, had like fbousie lunches, We went shopping, We watched a few nice sunsets. We went into The Joker actually in Hollywood. It was so scary. I met Michael Leaf halfway through. But it was fun and New York was great. We just caught the subway and like we you know, get around town and just things like that, a lot of walking, slighting, eating.
Speaker 1: Oh it sounds perfect. But I was going to say, obviously, you're a year into your relationship now, and I don't know, we don't want to put any pressure on, but what do you think the future holds for you and Michael Our future?
Speaker 2: I don't Well, you know, we're looking at a few places in Sydney, so we are planning on moving in together. Probably most likely that's going to be up in Sydney. So yeah, I think that's at this set. That's the only ally that I have that can tell you, guys, Oh that's exciting though, Yeah, it's really Actually we are working on a project together. Yeah, we're starting like a little like it's like a little love project that we're doing. It's like something it's got to do with selfies. But it's not a selfie book. We put it that way. I think, like, I don't know if I can say anything now because it's not setting stone and I don't want to give too much away. Michael will kill me.
Speaker 1: That little teaste is good. Yeah that sounds exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just working on something fall together, So that's exciting for us. But yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 1: We're talking about selfie related things. What are your tips to actually taking the perfect photo and couple?
Speaker 2: Everybody always asks me this, but I promise you girls there it's not a trick. It's just lighting. If you have good lighting, like you could make a potato look nice, like if you have the right lighting. Honestly, that's all you need. Like if the lighting's not good, I don't even try. I don't even try it. One even weighs my battery.
Speaker 1: That's a really good advice. Before you go, We just had one last question we had to ask. We saw the news, I think I can't even remember. I think it was a few months ago.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You had a run in Koshi from Sunrise, which just fed me up. Your response about not even knowing who he was. That was just so hilarious because I think that shows.
Speaker 2: The true Yeah, we actually.
Speaker 1: Want I've seen you did a YouTube video, but can you explain for our listen, is what actually happened with Koshi.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I just woke up the next day and heard that I had elbowed him to get to the photographer. I can assure you that I did not. I don't even think that we were on the red carpet at the same time. And like I actually put it out there to the press saying if anyone has photos of us even standing next to each other, please come forward and just tell me. But there wasn't even photos of us on the same red carpet together, like we It was a completely viabricated story, and I think didn't I think the year before Channel seven actually boycotted coming to the logis and I think they just wanted clickbait and they just wanted press.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that sounds like something they do, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it was. It was really cruel. It was really cool and Sam Armitage like of all people because she has tried to, you know, raise awareness for online bullying and trolling because I think she was made fun of about her weight for a long time and then like for her to go and to go and like be a bully, like you know what, they sort of dug their own grave with that, Like I don't I mean, I don't know if I feel like the way they acted and the way like they just laughed it off, I just feel like they dug their own grave and they showed their true colors and I just feel like they're so petty and growth. Even though Kosh she said he refuses to apologize to your reality TV star because like obviously he feels like he's above that. I felt like, dude, look at the way you're acting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's reality Yeah, it's reality TV that wins all the ratings. To finish on a nicer note, what would be your advice for the new batch of contestants that are going to be on Math next year?
Speaker 2: Ah, I feel like the only thing I would say is don't be afraid to say no, and don't be afraid just if you don't feel right about something, If your moral compass is telling you otherwise, Like do you not feel like you have to do it? You don't have to do anything. Can literally just walk off or say no or just refuse, like flat out refuse. I feel be true to yourself and don't think that, you know, because of the producers and like fifty camera men around and things like that, that you actually have to perform and do what, you know, sort of play along or play the role that you that you've sort of been you know, told or asked or put into. I feel like, just say no, say no, Like I wish I could go back in time and like be you know, be more myself and like just be like no, I'm not doing that or that's not me. I will never say that, but you don't know, you know, hindsight is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, is there a certain thing that you did on maths that you're allowed to say that you were kind of prompted to do?
Speaker 2: Look, no, we can't really say. And I feel, like, to be honest, most of it, like most of it, yeah, you know, but yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: It was so lovely to talk to you and it was so great.
Speaker 2: And I think thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I think it's so good to see your funny side and as you say, like your cheekiness, and it was really refreshing to hear more about you. Well, you were my favorite, regardless of all the stuff you were told to do anyway, so it's been great having you on the show. Yeah, you're a legend. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Joel,