Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday Patsy was sharing the news about these limited edition one dollar coins designed.
Speaker 3: To celebrate all that's great about Australia.
Speaker 2: Now, before we get into the ones that they've obviously brainstorm and what's going to go on the back of the coins to show us all this great about Victoria, let's just talk about the ones that are just meant to be celebrating the very best of Australia.
Speaker 3: So I had to look into this yesterday.
Speaker 2: On the back of one of these to celebrate all this great about Australia, is mister R. M.
Speaker 3: Williams, Is he really? Yep?
Speaker 4: Okay they are.
Speaker 2: They make great chocolates. They've got their own coin now, Darryl Lee yep.
Speaker 4: Sponsored coins.
Speaker 3: Then there's an Echidna.
Speaker 2: Now the Kidna has been back of the five cent coin for about fifty years already. Then, so shout out again to old only a Kidnap. He's been upgraded to the one dollar limited edition.
Speaker 4: One core performance from the Kidnap.
Speaker 3: It's still very happy about the older Kidnap. Then we come to Victoria.
Speaker 2: So much to celebrate about this great state, not on those coins, Lunar Park and snot block.
Speaker 4: I hate that vanilla slice got on there?
Speaker 3: Is that the very best Victoria.
Speaker 4: Delicious another other Australia.
Speaker 3: They originate from France today. Yes, mean funny right, it is a desert. It's just a dessert.
Speaker 4: We might as well put a kid or not.
Speaker 3: It's just a dessert.
Speaker 2: You're saying, this is that come to come to our country and when you come, we don't get to New South Wales. We'll queens of kind of Victoria.
Speaker 4: First of all, have you ever had custard before?
Speaker 2: Have you heard of custard? Your people call it custard or they call it something else. And then come to this very old, decrepit amusement park looks like something out of a horror movie? Can we found out why has no one used it as a location? Right for one the Saw movies? People go they must have built that. How did they re search that place? No, it's still running in a place called Melbourne.
Speaker 4: The roller coaster isn't even fast. It's called the Scenic.
Speaker 3: But someone stands on the back of it.
Speaker 4: Rick and Wooden, I would I would not.
Speaker 2: It on it when with the kids, I was terrified. You're actually hanging on to it, and then the other thing on one the coins hands And I'm not I'm not making this up right, I thought at first, Oh, the right of this article must have mentioned this as a joke. I just don't another tab to just cross references. No one of the coins actually has on the back of it to sort of it, all this grave Australia o ossy ossy oi oi oi.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: Does anyone say, do you really feel proud when you hear that? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Have you ever been overseas and got in a cab and they find out you're from Australia and they go, oh Aussie, like they know any Olympics.
Speaker 2: That should be preserved on a coin to celebrate all this great a bit along with some snoplot decrepit.
Speaker 3: Horror park along with mister r N Williams and Daryl as well.
Speaker 2: All right, so we are saying, look, let's happen them out what should be on the back of the coins to celebrate all this great about Victoria and also Australia.
Speaker 3: Patsy, what would it be for you?
Speaker 5: Well? On the subject of food, I think the South Melbourne dim sim deserves its own coin. Have you ever had one of those.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, they're nice, but you know they're lovely, they're gray. I think this should be put on the back of a coin.
Speaker 5: And the other thing that I really think gets overlooked far too many times is the water treatment plant out my way.
Speaker 3: Out of it. Very seriously, I'll tell you why. A lot of treatment.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it is home to some of the world's rarest bird and frog species.
Speaker 3: That is true. That is true.
Speaker 2: I saw a documentary on it once, this thing called Coast where he goes and explores beautiful coast signs of the world. So I said, he see, he's coming to Australia and I said, the kids going, this would be great. It's a massive show.
Speaker 3: Uk nail. The guyst the only place who comes to Victory.
Speaker 4: Is to water treatment. So I said, birds that only eat something?
Speaker 5: No, no, But it has some of the rarest species of birds.
Speaker 3: Just focused my binoclius. I can see the great pou montra Melbourne.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: It is lovely.
Speaker 4: The frogs have.
Speaker 5: You two may not.
Speaker 6: But when you're swimming in Port Philip Bay, swimming in the enjoying its pristine waters, you can thank the Warriby Water Treatment Plant.
Speaker 2: So what you're you gonna have like a picture of a photo or something before it gets matched up.
Speaker 5: You can have an aerial view, an never aerial view of it. It's quite you know, it's his biggest Philip Isla.
Speaker 2: Will you were you in on these? It's a one hundred patsy you put forward, ossy, ossy, Ossie. Have you never been.
Speaker 4: A ra doesn't to see the bird's eye view of the wharabe water? Do they do helicopter to?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: If I was going to get engaged again, you know, I know, I propose it a hot air bloom ride over a Spottish Pooh factory.
Speaker 3: All right? What else should on the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was just mentioned earlier, how there's Mother's Day and then there's Father's five minutes, you know, right about nine o'clock, quick coffee change, change of gifts. I don't get on with the day compared to the majesty of Mother's Day that goes off for a couple of weeks, the cards and flowers, the candles, Christian only talking about Mother's Day compared to Father's Day. I've got the facts to back you up. I run a very large distribution center for a greeting card company.
Speaker 3: Here in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We have palette racks full of Mother's Day cars that go in stores every year it comes to Father's Day. It's never more than one or two. In fact, it's slightly the same as Easter.
Speaker 3: Who is I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyone who sends cars, so who the hell ends Easter cars? On a note somber, thank you very much for backing up, Jack and I are thinking about having our own I was just saying how actually dads don't really get taken out for lunch, right, and it'd be a nice thing to do to take your dad up for lunch. So we're going to hire some way somewhere in September and host our own Father's Day lunch on September fourth, All right, Right now, then we've got born business to talk about. They have a limited edition range of one dollar coins. On the back of the coins to showcase all the very best of Australia and also Victoria, to showcase the very best of Australia that people have decided. Whoever made these coins to showcase the very best listen to Kidna. It's been on the five cent coin for fifty five years. That's the kidner again you mister R. M. Williams. Lovely boots, Daryl Lee, it's lovely chocolates. The phrase ossy ossy ossy oi oi oi again.
Speaker 3: This just remind us.
Speaker 2: Sounds what these coins are for the showcase the very best of advance for Australia.
Speaker 3: And you found another phrases on the back of them.
Speaker 4: There's good a as well.
Speaker 3: You must just have that not a knife shrimp.
Speaker 4: Paul Hogan should probably be in Pete.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then to showcase the very best of au Australia on the back of the sorry Victoria on the back of these coins, Lunar Park and snot block.
Speaker 3: We were saying what should be on the back of the coins.
Speaker 2: Patsy's put forward a very passionate case for the seize treatment plant.
Speaker 3: Yes at Spotterswood, no wear a be sorry sorry.
Speaker 5: Well significant size.
Speaker 2: Misappropriate that I've been canceled by nine. All right, so let's take some calls right now. We've got Roger on the line. Good morning Roger.
Speaker 7: Oh, definitely go and go past the bunny snag, a.
Speaker 3: Bunning snag to go on the back of the coin than the snot block to be honest of course.
Speaker 7: Oh definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean I have minimum one of that one a week, so you have to hear that on me.
Speaker 2: All right, Roger, thank you very much. Thank you the best we could start with. I guess it's you know, we've got to stop the bottle Mountain this morning and then we.
Speaker 3: Go up to.
Speaker 4: Can't do your favorites straight away?
Speaker 3: You're right right, Edwards, Good morning, Christian, Jack and pat how are you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Eddie?
Speaker 3: What do you reckon? Should be back at that one? Dull the coin?
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully this is going from the bottom back up to the top with the sporting capital of the world. It's got to be the magnificent MPG.
Speaker 3: Yes, how can that not be on that? But Lunar Park is.
Speaker 2: Is an amazing mega stadium Colosseum MCG.
Speaker 4: Definitely no roller coasters.
Speaker 3: Maybe they shoud build the roller coast of the mc D that it would definitely get yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And have a water retreatment facility. Patsy loves one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta put all three together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it perfect garrat Park Edward, very funny, cool, very good idea. Thank you very much. Let's go to Paul.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you're going yeah, yeah, I'm good, Paul.
Speaker 3: And what do you reckon? You should be on the back of the limited edition one delar.
Speaker 7: Coin about the giant silver gnome in Frankston. It's about fifty foot tall in the summit, just shines everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the chromenome, isn't it. You're talking about you?
Speaker 7: That's it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And is it still there? I thought it was moved.
Speaker 7: As far as I know, it's still there.
Speaker 4: Where did he Where did he go when he got moved? Because I do remember he went on the back of a trush and he was the place with a love flower.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen the love player.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 2: It's been a while, but anyway, let's start getting to that now, Paul. I love flower on the back of it, all right, I hope. So I'm not sure we're talking about anymore, Paul.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Your called nine four one four.
Speaker 1: One the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So there's a limited edition range of one dollar coins on the coins everything to showcase the very best of Australia and also here in Victoria, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: The genius is behind this.
Speaker 2: I thought the best things are put on there to showcase what's great about this great state in city, snop block and Lunar Park.
Speaker 3: We're saying what I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Actually a timtam over a snop block if you get a one food item on there or the slag like earlier carters.
Speaker 4: You know how I feel about the vanilla fla totally.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's a fundamental.
Speaker 3: He's got a fat what on them? We're asking you what else do you think should be on the coins? Nine four one four one four three. Paul, good morning, morning doing how are we yet a bit more? And how are you on the roads this morning? Paul, very very good, Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a lovely morning to be at the best.
Speaker 3: It is a bitiful morning. And Paul, what do you think should be on the coin?
Speaker 7: One word?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: What is not on there?
Speaker 2: It should be a double do you mean we saw viny shuff a double a side. It should be the MCG on one side of the coin and Warning on the other. Those would be really special.
Speaker 4: Actually, Warnie should be where the queen's head is on every coin.
Speaker 3: Controversial. I mean, I know she's not looking very well at the moment.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 3: Just wait for things to naturally progress, Okay.
Speaker 4: Let's pick this up again this time next year.
Speaker 2: I don't think she might be next year anyway, Paul, that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. You kill mete. Thanks guys everyone, Amy, good morning, Amy, welcome to the show. What do you think, mate? I think it should be twin the street station. Yes, that's a great idea, underneath the clock. Yeah, yes, obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, Okay, heard the show.
Speaker 3: Some of our review is a little bit slow.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Where that guy is that sells a big issue shop at the side.
Speaker 2: There, No, it's definitely not no, no, no, all right, glad, We're on the same page there.
Speaker 3: Amy was just double checking Amy. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: She called take care, thank you. Jason yes on Christian Yes, and Jason, what do you think should be on the.
Speaker 7: Coin aid mullet head? Jimmy Jimmy Barnes. You can't go wrong, mate.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no no, and then fancy on the side she got Barny.
Speaker 2: Fans No no, no, no, no, I forget fans and he's overrated, he's overrated.
Speaker 3: Strong talk.
Speaker 6: Of music, I can't go Boke Bardy from from Don't One to Dunny Do Everyone loves Bardi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovely great one. Thanks Jason. You know what next only a couple of weeks signed.
Speaker 2: Four years of the show. Do we need to bring out a limited coin? Oh, that would be nice. I just want to say what I think showcase the very best of the show. That water treatment plant, I for one think that's going to go in the top four things that we should consider putting on the back of our show commemorative coin
Speaker 1: Christian no Connell's Show podcast