Speaker 1: She's got host.
Speaker 2: You remember I was like, wee touching on Chicken north Gard keep on gna illo you can you are you?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: We are live yapping from Jape it you are?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, well Nisan, you all bought enough of you all bought enough merds when were now yapping in Japan? Jesus Christ, this is not what But we're on the here for the day, aren't we We're here for the day. We are live from Tokyo actually seventy two Yeah, actually no we're not. We're not.
Speaker 1: We're surrounded by the beautiful view of Tokyo right now on our screens.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: And thank you to to Bradley doing his clearly doing his dual lingo to be able to do that in Japanese.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't know Bradley could speak Japanese so well, if at all. So thank you so much Bradley for doing that for us.
Speaker 1: But welcome to is it just me the final Misfits episode?
Speaker 2: Here we are a couple of misfits. It's our last one. I just, oh god, I'm not gonna get sappy just yet. But because obviously you know we will still be around and all that. But welcome. I actually still am in a little bit of disbelief because, like I'm in Japan, I know, beautiful.
Speaker 4: I've always wanted to come here, so.
Speaker 2: I know, who'd have thought that three episodes ago when we started this little podcast, when we were nothing but babies. Yeah, we've just won Logis. I beat Robert Irwin for the Gold LOGI even nominated, and I wasn't even nominated. I just turned up and they went fuck that. No, fuck hell.
Speaker 1: Now here's the thing. We announced the Misfits merch line iconic, absolutely iconic, and I am so unbelievably touched because we really did sell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it. Yeah, it's actually mind blowing at how quickly you guys bought some stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Honestly, we did not expect that at all. So much of it is very very self indulgent. Also, the self Indulgent Cow Jumper is available, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, as self indulgent as we are, self indulgent cow. Like I said last week, I didn't think we'd ever be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, merch Well, listen, I would love to say that we were yapping from Japan, but of course, I mean the target for us to be able to afford. What they hated to Japan was never really on the car. No, I don't think it was ever really gonna happen, But.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought it was gonna happ and if they gave us access to the Kideo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the is it just me admin team? Is it just they them? Really did step in? They said a revenue target with with these outfits. Honestly so fashionable, but we did not expect to be able to sell any of them.
Speaker 2: It was mainly a joke.
Speaker 1: And the fact that you guys have supported that is the loveliest thing in the entire world.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't thank you idiots enough.
Speaker 1: But with the proceeds that we have made, I have decided to bring Japan to our studio. Yeah, and so we are going to pretend sure so we no, Well, okay, there's a couple of things I did try to do.
Speaker 2: Do you want to jump on grinder and find some.
Speaker 1: Listen if if one of us is going to find post it's not going to be so Jenna. If you could get onto that, that'd be Yeah. But we did try to do a couple of things. One I did try to get a hallow kitty mascot to come into studio. It was booked from midday till three am. So I don't know what Hello Kitty is getting up to, but Kitty's Kitty might be getting some action. So my next choice was to get a giant Pikachu to come in studio.
Speaker 2: Oh that would actually, that would actually fuck me up. I love Pokemon.
Speaker 4: I love Pikachu.
Speaker 1: So both Pikachu and Charles are were also unavailable.
Speaker 2: So we've just got backdrops. Is that what you're telling me? So we we sold enough to create backdrops. Well, instead, I Bradley learned Japanese.
Speaker 1: Instead, I am decided to bring Japanese culture to the studio and we are going to try some highly recommended Japanese.
Speaker 2: Well all that and coming up soon. So if it's your first time listening, we start every episode with an is it just me something we've noticed, hate or appreciate. I don't know, Jenna, Jenna, don't know mine? Jenna. Do you want to go first?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'll go first.
Speaker 2: All right, you give.
Speaker 4: Is Christmas Day really boring?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, yes, it's so boring as an adult Christmas Day, fucking boring day.
Speaker 6: And it's so slows the longest stay in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and like everyone just passes out by three pm. Anyway, Yeah, the fuck is that about? So like to do did do you go back home for Christmas? Jannity? Do you go back? You go back to double Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so boring. I can't even explain.
Speaker 2: So is it just you and your parents? Is that it? And my brother and your brother brother? He's he's my ex.
Speaker 4: That's why you keep forgetting.
Speaker 2: That's why I keep forgetting, because I know paying attention to my ex.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's the four of you and that's it.
Speaker 6: It's just you for Yeah, some family might drop over for a bit, but like, that's so funny.
Speaker 4: A lot of them have died. They don't anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, no wonder why Christmas is boring or the one dropped in.
Speaker 1: It's Trueue, Yeah, that's true. They're the ones that lived lives to the fullest and that they're not sticking around.
Speaker 2: That's fucked. Just stay.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to do now that we're adults. We don't get cool presents or anything.
Speaker 2: That's yea that each them on the fly. I don't care how old you are. You should still be getting presents from that.
Speaker 1: I agree. Yeah. Yeah, something that me and my family do, which I love. We buy each other like a nice gift. You get your one nice gift.
Speaker 2: And then a ship gift a box.
Speaker 1: Of bullshit, and so we all go to Kmart or we go to Amazon and we buy shit like kazoos or Yoyo's or like fucking bubble stuff like and it's the It's the most wholesome thing in the entire world because it's all kinds of stuff that you would get in like a Christmas stocking when you were five, because it's just like, I don't know where to go. He have this thing. It costs fifty cents from toy World. That tradition can never die because we're all still kids inside.
Speaker 2: So anytime anyone says kazoo, I can only think about that TikTok of that kid, like I'm just sorry. I'm so embedded in internet culture like TikTok beans, I think, I mean, I know where in July? Should we so do that for Christmas? Though, Yeah, we should do like Misfits Christmas episode, like we give each other nice presents and ship presents.
Speaker 1: Like definitely we could do it from Japan.
Speaker 2: We can do it, let's go to let's actually, let's do it in actual Japan the next time. Yeah, the Mitches can come as our.
Speaker 4: Spe No, I don't know, I don't want them.
Speaker 2: No, I was just gonna say the Minches can be our spare wheels. Oh yeah, the way the Mitches turned the tables of Mitch.
Speaker 1: You know what. I'm actually very on board with this because this actually gives us enough time to sell enough merch, yeah, money for it. Like trying to get it in a week was a bit of a stretch. Yah, So we've got a bit of time. Yeah, it gives us another excuse to hijack this podcast. Oh hello, and if we do it from Japan, it's going to be winter, so we can have a white Christmas.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted. Oh I've done a white Christmas. It's so so beautiful. So when I was twenty, I went for a European Christmas holiday and Christmas Day in Austria, middle of winter. There's snow everywhere, and I I went parasailing. Oh no, what's it called. No, not para paragliding, Sorry, you know the one. Oh yeah, you're holding it like this so we went to this place called I think it was called Mount John or something like. It was very it was very much inner village and we climbed to the top. It was just about snowstorm. So we were the last group to go up. And so Christmas Day, I'm I don't know how far up, but very far up, just going over like snow snowed mountains, like you know. I had the guide on me as well. He wasn't that hot unfortunately, So it was very depressing, but it was amazing, Like it was a white Christmas is so worth it.
Speaker 1: It's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: We will get to have a fun Christmas, you know what.
Speaker 2: I tell you what though my Christmas is are very when I was younger, we're very interesting because I'm half Croatian, so wal Christmases are fucks. Yeah, Like there are so many of us. And I'm in the middle of nine cousins on my mom's side right, including my brother and I, so they were a lot of us, and my mom is the eldest of five, so there's a lot of aunts as well and all this. So it was always like utter insanity, like the bed like it just felt like there were hundreds of kids running around like chasing each other with water guns. The parents, like the mums would all be in the kitchen like chopping up shit. My grandmother would be like, nah, don't you fucking touch this? All you hear all you'd hear like slaps of the wrist like Dutch like or very that, and like, you know, the dads would be off, they'd be having their fucking and they'd be here and they were They're like like very that likes beautiful.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which was fun as a kid, but as an adult now I'm like, fuck, I'm like, I love you all, oh dearly, but can you all just shut up? Like no, deed that don't want to talk about Trump? No, you know what I mean. It's very hard. And any anyone listening who has any form of Wold lineage like Italian, Croatia, greet any like Serbian, any of that, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Honestly, but I'm so sorry. Your Christmas is. Maybe spend Christmas with me this year. You should. Yeah, but we are.
Speaker 4: We're all going to You're going to Japan for Chris together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's absolutely right.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun and despite us in spirit, Yapping and Japan. We can do it for real, Yes, lovely, we've got six months. We've got six months. You better we better start saving up and buying our own.
Speaker 2: That's plenty. We can do it. It's plenty of time.
Speaker 1: We'll be right, all right, Oscar, you got a nijym for me?
Speaker 2: Ah, I think so.
Speaker 1: It's a bit like that. Really, you know we did our Yeah, no, I've got it.
Speaker 2: I've got you got it.
Speaker 1: This is us. We've done four episodes, our full commitment. Then you're already like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 1: Took you to Japan.
Speaker 2: Our second goodbyes seriously, the most awkward thing in existence. Yes, yeah, so you've just had a big catch up and you've gone bye. Oh my god, it's so good to see you. Yeah. We should do this more often. And you know, there's always that like when you say goodbye the first time and you're still standing a little bit, and then you do the second goodbye and you go, I've got to go now bye bye bye, and you're both walking the same direction. I can't personal hell no, like I like that's that's I love a good bit of chaos. That's too much for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, I completely agree.
Speaker 1: We all know the show ends twice, and we have to say our goodbyes once and then we stick around for the secret segment at the end.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know, we don't we just leave?
Speaker 2: Are you thinking of the right podcast? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, you're right, they're just the voices in my head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that happens a lot. Just happened to me at the beginning. Yeah, we went along with your delusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Like, especially if someone gets there before you, and then neither one of you saw each other in the car park or leaning up to it, so you don't know, and then all of a sudden you're both walking in the same direction after you've just done the most dramatic goodbye, like we should do this more off man, Oh my god, I love you so much. I've missed you, and like you do the whole like fifteen minutes stand out the front because seventeen other topics just came into your head because mental illness. And then you do the second goodbye, and then you both walk to the same bus stop and you both to sit there at each other's company and go, shit, we could have done this.
Speaker 4: That's why I always if we're going the same direction.
Speaker 6: I'll be like, oh, actually I'm going this way bye.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what, will I.
Speaker 4: Just stand somewhere else and watch them from a far.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I've realized that you have done this to me so many times because and we've never mentioned this, but you moved into my apartment building.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes, now I've since moved out of that building. But we lived together for a year. Yeah, I did not see you once. No, in that apartment building. The only time that we ever ran into each other was the day that.
Speaker 2: I moved out. Yes, that's true, the only time.
Speaker 1: And we've been to parties, We've been to events and sayings, I've gone, hey, we should get a cab there or back, and it's always a true no.
Speaker 4: But you did run into my mum about five times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw your mom in that elevator and live there.
Speaker 4: No, she's hardly there. Every time she came she saw you.
Speaker 2: You refused to be in the same room as each other when you lived in the same building. And there here we are in Japan. Now look at us, we Japan. But that's like prime example of how awkward those second goodbyes are. It's just like you guys saw each other at a party, yet you separately went home, because that's how far gone you are. You must there, girls, we've got something very exciting. We've got yet another rendition. Visit just you. Yeah, absolutely exciting. I'm very happy now. I believe we have gorgeous easy on the line? Easy is that you? Are you there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it's me a hello, Hello?
Speaker 2: How are you? Bob?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am all right, how are you?
Speaker 2: That's exactly I feel like I feel that.
Speaker 1: Well, of course you would have heard how we do it before. It's something that you've noticed, hate or appreciate. Bi Lingle Bradley, take it away.
Speaker 5: Debate flavors, just not asked, just long enough.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much. I had this discussion with someone yesterday. Well, okay, so easy to have a question. What's your favorite flavor?
Speaker 5: Them watermelon mint?
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I used to be a mental smoker, like you know, when I was a rich girl. I used to get the Winfield Optimum Crash.
Speaker 2: Thing Optiman Crush in the forty park.
Speaker 1: Yeahu isy, when did you go from the acoustics to the electrics?
Speaker 5: Well, I quit dorries like I have six years ago, and I won the vapes last year.
Speaker 2: It was a tough years better than me because I just went straight from dorries of apes, Like there wasn't even a crossover, Like I didn't go like cold Turkey for a year or something. It was literally just vape in one hand, cigarette and the other like on my back for enda back in the day. So like, I completely agree with easy on this here because I bought my gorgeous raspberry strawberry bpe whatever the fuck it is.
Speaker 5: That sounds chat.
Speaker 2: Don't knock it, tea. You've tried it or I have tried.
Speaker 5: It and it's fucking chat right.
Speaker 1: You fit right in.
Speaker 2: But now they don't last anymore, like they are a good old three five hundred used to last me a week, a week and a half.
Speaker 5: Maybe either web passing too hard or they're just not lasting long enough.
Speaker 2: I actually conspiracy theory think that they're purposely being made to not last as long now because they're so hard to get in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that would make sense.
Speaker 5: But they used to be like twenty five bucks, and they're like, you know what, we'll get them girl.
Speaker 2: Remember when they used to be fifteen bucks apart when they first came out. And that's why everyone jumped on it becau cigarettes. At that point we went for sixty bucks and that was just for a thirty That was actually another reason why I switched is because my my pack of forty Menthols were coming up to like sixty five dollars.
Speaker 7: That's that's for absolutely no, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And so like from then on, that's when I was like, oh, well this rape thirty dirty backs and it's got more past. It's actually seventeen packets in one. And now look at me. I'm about to pay sixty bucks for them at my local vape. But but I don't have another option. I'm not I can't well, actually, like you know, I would give I would pick the diaries back up again, but I kind of like how the vapes don't smell.
Speaker 5: I do have to say that I actually quit back in October.
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 2: Snap's easy. That's a tough one. That's tough.
Speaker 5: It was the hardest fucking thing I ever done. Oh and I've given birth.
Speaker 1: And for your constantly long suffering, we'll make sure the prize keeper Jenner gets you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, please make sure is Jenna al right, and we'll make sure she gives you something good. It won't be a vape or a packet of ten, but it'll be something.
Speaker 5: Yes, I hope, so thank you.
Speaker 1: I love that she knows that the standard's pretty low. It's just like, yeah, better be now.
Speaker 2: If you want to come on the show and do it, is it just you of your own? You can DM us and a couple of miches, or you can text us on this number rise oh far too till Ninember two.
Speaker 1: Zero two, Soli the Generation.
Speaker 4: To nine.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. Once again, my gorgeous, perfect and absolutely impeccable vocals on the OO is It Just Me jingle? You are all more than welcome to come up and sing it to me, just don't do it for you.
Speaker 1: That's a good shout.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good having boundaries, I don't.
Speaker 2: Go so well.
Speaker 1: Because we weren't able to actually get ourselves to Jappin. I've decided to bring the taste and aromas of Japan to our little is It Just Me studio. I'm not very inspired by last week when we decided to truly experience what h sugars could taste, Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: We could experience only one fucking swallower That was disgusting and then promptly spat it back out.
Speaker 1: So I have a very very nice little bag.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my god, are we doing like a Japanese pig week? We are our home pick week.
Speaker 1: And so I've decided to go down to our local Japanese supermarket.
Speaker 2: O cute, yeah, fun.
Speaker 1: And I asked the lovely staff there what should we be getting? And when I tell you that, this guy was so excited to be able to go around and just and go, You've got to try this and this and this and this and this and so we I wanted like two things.
Speaker 2: We've got like a whole my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to start by introducing the table to a few different snacks. Okay, first, first up, there's absolutely no way I'm going to be able to tell you at all what the hell this is supposed to be, but badly.
Speaker 2: What is that you speak Japanese? It looks like a grape, like a sour strap.
Speaker 1: Maybe the only word on this in English is bourbon.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, we're getting drunk.
Speaker 1: So we've got some kind of thing of that. We also have this thing that is made in Japan has got a geisha on it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I know what that is. That's with sabi chips. I think, isn't it okay?
Speaker 1: Very good? Because chips again, the only English word on the back is snack. Very good. We also have chew and real sweet potato snacks.
Speaker 2: Oh I love sweet potato. These are these?
Speaker 1: Feel them? They're gummies?
Speaker 2: So I oh gummy?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 2: That's Jenna touched that.
Speaker 1: I believe this again is some kind of hard candy. I don't know, but it comes in what looks like a tuna container.
Speaker 4: Oh that's really cute.
Speaker 2: I think they might be rock candies.
Speaker 4: Yummy.
Speaker 2: You know you mum buys the olive oil and bulk from Costco. Yeah, this is the this is the This is the Coles Mini. Yeah, this is the Coles Mini one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this is Yeah, this looks like rock candy. Oh yes it is. Look because that's the rock candy bullshit, the one you're stuck on. And as we all know, evidently I'm fantastic sucking you are.
Speaker 1: Famously, Yes, Jenna would know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, out of all of us.
Speaker 1: We also have two final things.
Speaker 2: This is that cat I love is.
Speaker 1: Cat, except that it's bright greens.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is mucha Yeah, that's got to be much a flavor. Yeah, oh I love.
Speaker 1: Kick and finally a can of raised eel.
Speaker 2: Oh my, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: These aren't the tastes and flavors of Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Where should we start, so Jenna, okay, well let's start in order. So we were given the so I had a look on the back salmon on. There's a little thing in English that says Bourbon Japanese canny feti cheati great gummy cheaty is a pasta. So I don't know what that means. I can only assume this is a great bourbon and cheese dish. So my ibs is going to be insane. But I think we tried this first. I like, now it's a gorgeous purple container, so let's try that. Oh god, I've got a kryl.
Speaker 3: It's that.
Speaker 2: Oh actually, do you know what it looks like? Minnie sour straps? Oh that, So we've got to pull. We've got to do shout out to Chryln Barnes because she taught me this mother Choky as I call her. Yes, I've got to do a smell test. So let's do a smell test.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's very smells really nice.
Speaker 2: I do too, I do too, alright, ready three two? One? Oh fuck? I love that really good?
Speaker 1: All right, yep, that's a winner.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding, that's.
Speaker 4: Good, great nerds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm also sorry we probably should have given like a trigger warning to anyone who's got that fear of chewing. I know you will fucking freak out when we do pig weeks.
Speaker 1: So yes, actually, yeah, that's real good.
Speaker 4: I'm curious about these.
Speaker 2: Sweet But we had the wassabi ones next, so we do have these. So I had a look on the back of this as well. This just says was sabi. So I think it's a wasabi chips.
Speaker 1: So there's a g there's a geys. You're on the front of it, looking very very serious.
Speaker 2: This is what I love the most about Japanese culture is that, even for a packet of chips, their packaging is so indultos Yeah, so beautiful. Oh god, get out, I love how I just got So they look like.
Speaker 1: This, What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: So it's on seaweed? Is that a no from you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: That looks foul.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm really kind of curious.
Speaker 2: I am too. I mean, I'm still going to try it, but it looks fair I'm not a sab eater, but like I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't mind seaweed.
Speaker 2: I love seaweed. Alright, so it's hang on. It just smells like, ah, oh wow, was it hot.
Speaker 1: I've just put my tongue to that, and immediately I felt the burn of the heat.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm not a spicy eater to everyone's small bites. Alright, ready three two went? Fuck that? Ho Holy shit? Oh my god, that's a lot. Yep, everyone has some water. Although, actually, now that I'm initially over the shark, that's quite nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Jesus, Oh that's really hot.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually about it.
Speaker 4: At first it was fine and then the burn kicked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that I've gotten the over the initial shark, that's good.
Speaker 4: My threat is burnt some water.
Speaker 1: I have to know what that sweet potato?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, well that's the next one on the list anyway, So now we've got chewing real. Oh it's dried sweet potato. That's how I felt gummy. Do you know what it looks like? It looks like dried sweet potato fries.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it does.
Speaker 2: That looks amazing.
Speaker 1: They look like the sweet potato fries from grilled yeah, but like.
Speaker 2: Dried actual sweet potato. Oh cute. Okay, all right, let's all smells really nice too. Oh I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay one, oh I love that. It's okay, but like I love that.
Speaker 2: Fucked a lot of you.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't go for a second.
Speaker 2: Did you seriously just spit it out? Yeah? That's oh no, that's no good. All right, Well that's another one I'll keep.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: I like that. I mean, look, it is because we're used to like things like dried mango, dried fruit. It is a dry vegetable, so I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of it kind of tastes like if you ate a sweet potato without any preparational cooking or anything.
Speaker 2: Well you did technically, well I'll explained it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, okay, well it that's what it says about.
Speaker 2: I like that. I rate that, so.
Speaker 4: I give it a five out of ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd put it about there. Yeah, I'd finish it though. So now we've got the tin of olive oil. This is the candies. That's very cute. Oh it's called a lovely little seal on it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. I also quite like that on the side of it, it's got like a little man wearing a bow tie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cute.
Speaker 2: Does anyone have nails glued on? Do you want to try opening it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do we need a can opener?
Speaker 1: Maybe I.
Speaker 2: Want to try it. This might require a comeback to it sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll come back to that one.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now we've got the one I'm really looking forward to, which.
Speaker 4: Is the kick cart.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not a much a person like me too. People keep coming up to me all the time, not randomly on the street, but people I know, but they keep saying, oh, you know what, You've got to try the march of stuff. It's no good.
Speaker 2: I've tried it, and yeah, I've tried it too, But I love kick Katy thing. The thing that one of the big things I really want to go to and do in Japan is try or their kick Cat flavors because they have I don't know if you've looked it up. I'm guessing Japan must have a special deal with a lot of brands, because Jesus Christ, some of the flavors they have over there just sound incredible, like the kickkat ones especially.
Speaker 4: But I'll try them for Christmas.
Speaker 2: We'll try that for Chris. Look at that though, Like, look at that fucking packaging, Like how sleek is that?
Speaker 1: That's cute?
Speaker 2: Sorry? I like that.
Speaker 1: So these are a bunch of kick cats. It's like there's one big.
Speaker 2: It's like two little pieces. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like those little fun sized packs that you get Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's in a beautiful sort of like very sleek, very green packet.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, look at that. It smells smell it justs.
Speaker 1: Oh no it does. No, it's got that marchioness to it, and it's much of a martiness.
Speaker 2: Alright, well three, let's give it a go. Hmmm. Oh I've got bab not bab.
Speaker 1: If you're a marcher guy or girl girl all day.
Speaker 2: Then oh a girl your girl. No, I actually really like that. I'm not a much person, but I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The after taste, I don't like the after taste.
Speaker 4: The after taste has got great tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's exactly what it tastes. Just I feel like I've just eaten a tea bag.
Speaker 2: Again. I write that, I eat that. I think you're all pusses, all right, And the very last one, this is the braised eel. Now, Sam, why why why because like, listen to this, idiots, this is what I was presented with. It's a fucking tin of braised eel. Look.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel as though that we, as a group of misfits must embrace the culture of the country that we are very clearly fair enough enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if it's the national dish or thing. Like it literally just says braced eel and brown sauce. Oh that's I'm actually scared to open this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's actually opening this in this room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's risky.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling you need to cook this, just quietly. I actually think this needs to be cooked. Like, look at that, Like I have a feeling if we eat raw eel, all three of us will have to hold each other's hands on the ship up. Like I'm actually worried.
Speaker 1: I think so Okay, all that I really wanted everyone was for us to embrace a culture that was different from our own. And all we really ended up eating was a tiny piece of wabi seaweed, a chunk of march a KitKat that we didn't particularly enjoy back then.
Speaker 2: Olid and I love those.
Speaker 1: You can absolutely have that.
Speaker 4: And I'm one of those great things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how great?
Speaker 1: And the great thing the first thing we've tried and something I'm probably allergic to.
Speaker 2: Ye, so favorite.
Speaker 1: Look, I feel like that was very successful. Well done.
Speaker 2: Away, I still away, I think you're all. I think that both of you are just there's much not that bad. I'm not a tally drinker, but like I think it's good. I mean, mind you, the first ones we tried were the best.
Speaker 4: These are good.
Speaker 1: Yeah alright, well I feel very culted.
Speaker 2: What about you? Guys?
Speaker 4: Do very very good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done.
Speaker 7: If you like this stuff online the show A couple of.
Speaker 2: Mitches there.
Speaker 1: For us night all this. Couldn't have said it better myself, well said.
Speaker 2: Well said. I didn't realize. I didn't realize. She also a new.
Speaker 1: Japanese the the admin team of is it just they them are incredibly talented.
Speaker 2: There's a whole there's a whole building for worth. Honestly, actually this whole office is working for us.
Speaker 1: It's very true.
Speaker 2: It's we were coming on board and they were like, fuck, yeah, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: We're blessed.
Speaker 2: Really, we're absolutely blessed, and we're so challenged.
Speaker 1: I wanted to take a moment everyone to reflect as is a tradition with tea ceremonies and very nice parks and buildings with cherry blossoms and cats and cats whose names I don't know exactly. So I just want to take a moment for us to be reflective on our time here on the podcast because the reality is that this is, at least for the time being, the last Misfits podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually like hitting me a little bit. It's a different part of my routine. Yeah, like I get to see you guys once a week, like, yeah, it's actually quite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like I much prefer working with both of you.
Speaker 2: Hit.
Speaker 4: I'm really upset that they have to come back.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what though. The thing is, I think, if anything, even if the idiots don't necessarily want the Misfits to come back and truth be told, as antioscar, that is a possibility because we are well we're fucked, but but not for real, even if, like you know, in future when the mines come back and everything sort of goes back to normal. In my opinion, we've done something that we literally put together so last minute, like guys, but this wasn't something that was planned months Like this was literally the week before if that like, and you know, Sam has come down from Bellingen, which is not far and it's true though it's not far at all, it's not far, but it's still far enough where. I love how we're trying to be serious and I can't help but insult you, but it's true. Like Sam doesn't live in Sydney anymore, and you've come down for this and you've done this every week. It's yeah, I'm actually I'm actually very very sad that this is coming to an end.
Speaker 1: For now, at least we know Christmas, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Christmas, Yeah, Christmas is definitely locked in you guys, Like we're absolutely doing a couple of misfits. I don't give a fuck if any of you weren't Japan in Japan a couple of Japanese miss Yeah.
Speaker 1: So being able to sit in a studio and talk bullshit with you guys has been an absolute street And as our final farewell, Jenna, yeah, I am so touched this beautiful tribute that you have made us of us as cats.
Speaker 2: Oh so like that's us, that's actually it's the Banana ice fape for me. I had to.
Speaker 1: And Mitchell Coombs have taken back their podcast. How dare they.
Speaker 2: Naturally we recorded my vocals for this.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, what a talent you are.
Speaker 2: I know who knew I could speak cap Yeah, we're going to look at that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what I was expecting, but that was cursed and.
Speaker 2: Cursed and that was absolutely part of the Misfits brand.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, this has been such fun with the two of you.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we'll be able to do this back. Don't forget idiots, This is one thing I kept forgetting to say. But don't forget to like and follow on fucking Spotify or Apple podcast.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I literally just hit me. Then. So if you do listen on any of those apps, which of course you have to, Yeah, leave us some reviews and some five stars. And if you want the Misfits to come back, well you'll have to bang and clamor and.
Speaker 4: Pretty much changed all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, petitions, start a petition. I'll get the ball rolling off. Forge a couple of signatures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to a few of our ministers.
Speaker 1: They're very very stubborn.
Speaker 2: Send to Chris Mintz, Send it to Dan Andrews if you're in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Famously, the chairman of the is it just department?
Speaker 2: Is it just admin department? Yeah? Yeah? And also, idiots, this isn't actually a complete goodbye from us, because you will still hear prize keeper Jenna. She'll be back with the mitches fairly soon.
Speaker 4: I'll be depressed again.
Speaker 2: She will go back to not saying yeah.
Speaker 1: Both matches are back with regular Monday and Wednesday episodes starting from next week. And so until then, I guess we'll see you when we see it.
Speaker 2: Well until then, a couple of misfits, We'll catch you later.
Speaker 1: Why guys, bye? Are you still eating that?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm? I want I want another Welcome to add Brea. Well, do you know what last episode? Fuck it? Welcome to add Brave. You guys know what this secret segment is? And if you don't, well then you must be new here. I'm grape jellies are amazing.
Speaker 1: No, they're good.
Speaker 2: Are They're really good?
Speaker 1: I feel as though that we haven't properly embraced enough of Japanese culture. I mean, we've got the beautiful view of Tokyo outside of our windows.
Speaker 2: Say, if you look into the camera, you'll see that just all the messes here with I just look like a pig now.
Speaker 1: But it's worth it though, no regrets.
Speaker 2: I just want to grab the tater just you know, some braived eel. This just feels so weird, you know that we're like last episode.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, oh, Jenna's got the I love how.
Speaker 2: We didn't even remotely think about using the case. Well, yeah, okay, we'll bus idiots. You get to watch us eat rock candy noll. Okay, all right, hold on, what do you have to one? Oh?
Speaker 1: God, that is actually awful.
Speaker 4: That was no good, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's what?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: What's the one I want? What? What one did you have? Jenna? What was a good one? Oh? The pink one? Okay, so they're sparkly. I just realized, oh they look like fucking actually look like they literally look like gems. But you suck on them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean that's you.
Speaker 2: Really well, I am a sucking gem. That's right. Do you want one?
Speaker 8: Same?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 2: No, I'm right. All right, fine, well that's another one for me to have. Then, now that we know how to like slightly open it, I'm too scared to put it back in now because like, okay, yeah, we got it. We're good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna I'm very I'm very out of.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is going on? Is this a laundromat?
Speaker 1: So one of the things that I feel as though we need to be able to do is embrace the culture that's of this. Wow, that's just that's I understand why the idiots hate that. That's that's no good.
Speaker 2: But just adle.
Speaker 1: Should we get that on a shirt? H?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: By way, okay, hang on misfits child wear. Yeah, we get like one of those baby bib things. I don't know, it's not a bib, what's it called?
Speaker 2: Like a No, that's a what do you mean the one that hangs over the neck or the full piece, like.
Speaker 1: The full or the one piece sort of like yeah, yeah, yeah, I got a one se.
Speaker 2: But it cannot have my face on it. Just saying because that's really fucking weird.
Speaker 6: You know, when we're in Japan, can we go on that train and it's run by a cat? The station master is a cat?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I'm so down for that. I actually I actually do want to go on the bullet train.
Speaker 1: Yes, we gotta do that.
Speaker 2: I do want to do the bullet train.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm gonna go on the cat train.
Speaker 2: We'll go on the cat train, Jenna, We're gonna go on all of them. Okay, We're not just gonna like, because we'll be able to go for more than just ten hours. Like, it's fine. So we'll do the bullet chain and that one will take two minutes, and then we'll do the cat train, Okay, and I'll make sure we can sit in the driver's compartment cat with the cat. Yeah. Perfect.
Speaker 4: So the driver is a cat.
Speaker 2: The driver's a cat, and his name is Tinkles.
Speaker 1: I remember at the very start of this journey the criticism that one m Jury had for us was, well, also, all that Oscar is going to do is vape and sing, and you know what you've done not nearly enough of either.
Speaker 2: That's actually a really good point. Like I think I've only sung once, yeah, and that was in the first app So fuck you.
Speaker 1: And so I believe that's Oh God, where are we going with this? In order for us to truly embrace the culture of Japan, what's the one thing that you have to do every time you're in Japan?
Speaker 4: Go on the cat train.
Speaker 2: Other than that, go to the odd cafe, the Cherry Blossoms karaoke.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, behind us now is the is it just me karaoke?
Speaker 2: Root? Oh stop? Which looks suitably ship. I love there. That's actually brilliant. That's so funny.
Speaker 4: It's even got our logo.
Speaker 2: It's even got our logo, like in the corner there. I can only assume it says a couple of misfits.
Speaker 1: Its absolutely.
Speaker 2: If words come up, I'm gonna have to put I'm gonna need when do we do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Eye glasses?
Speaker 2: I don't need my seeing eyeglasses. Oh fuck, they're dirty. I gotta clean because I'm on the fly. Dirty glass is so.
Speaker 4: Embarrassing, So embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're doing we're doing karaoke, and.
Speaker 1: In order to be able to see ourselves out, I think we need to go back to how we started, which is.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. The way they are clamoring and fucking carrying on for a full version.
Speaker 1: Of this, well, I think we got to give in to a name.
Speaker 2: We're doing a full song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, full song.
Speaker 2: We gotta do it. Okay, are you gonna do more than just I've been a nasty no, great, great, perfect? So it's it's okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know this song very well.
Speaker 2: I know it like the back of my hand.
Speaker 1: Great, So I'll support where I can.
Speaker 2: Again because I've missed.
Speaker 7: No, we don't keep going, keep going two what love?
Speaker 2: Just keep it going. I can never get this spirit luggage.
Speaker 4: Just there, just that.
Speaker 3: I've been a nasty I've been a nasty girl, nasty. I've been a nasty nasty. I've been a nasty nasty nasty.
Speaker 2: It's some money gonna match my freak. It's the money gonna match my freak. It's a many gonna match man nasty thing. Sorry, it's some money with a good tapty. It's some money gonna match my nastep. You're talking of adult rasty. If you keep up with me, oh, keep on coming back. If you do it too good, I'm gonna get attached because it feels alike Kevin, when it hurts soul bad, Maybe put it on me like I just like that, just like.
Speaker 4: A nasty nasty.
Speaker 3: I been a nasty girl. Just love being a nasty girl, nasty. I've been a nasty, nasty nasty. I've been a nasty girl. I've been a nasty girl. Oh Na, I've been a nasty girl nasty. I'm being a nasty nasty.
Speaker 2: Nasty, pull up, make a scene Partty's name, nobody, we can leave shut gun. I don't know, Oh, Lord of change a life. Why try to stay for the weekend? So I'm just standing pay the lead.
Speaker 8: If you came up with me, oh cap on coming back if.
Speaker 2: You do it too good.
Speaker 8: I don't want to get at touched as it feels by Vin when it hurns a so bad. Maybe put in me, oh like you.
Speaker 2: Just like that?
Speaker 3: Just like a nasty girl, A nasty girl.
Speaker 2: Oh sila, any.
Speaker 4: Girl nasty, A.
Speaker 3: Nasty girl. I'm a nasty girl, been a nasty girl, nasty, I have been a nasty.
Speaker 2: Nasty Oh well, my god, I was not ready for that second.
Speaker 1: Everywhere everyone has requested that we do the full version of that.
Speaker 2: And we couldn't even get through it. But there it is. We just butchered our signature song. No but like so funny, I'm not in not joking the slidest the amount of them that even DMed me being like, when is the full version?
Speaker 1: I'm like, here, it is. It exists in its own form at the end of our run.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, you know, And I don't think anyone could have done it better.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, couldn't couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone could have done it better. I need to take myself because the fucking light like reflects on them and I just look like some weird alien bullshit. Oh that was actually really fun. Our first and last karaoke sessions in both ones so.
Speaker 1: Very very good. If this podcast made you feel at least two percent better, and if it made you feel any more than that, then I suggest a coup.
Speaker 2: So so we do.
Speaker 4: That's like a coup.
Speaker 1: That's like when you go and take over, you take over the establishment that's already there.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that word before, and at the only coup I know is a chalk and coup.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean I guess, I guess. If it make if you well for the very last time from the Misfits, I'm going to do it properly.
Speaker 4: Now the last time, well, for.
Speaker 2: The last time, for this time and being in person in present, we love you. This is a couple of misfits signing up for the last.
Speaker 1: Time by our merch yes yes and yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of mitches dot com dot au. There is a tab the Misfits the more merch you buy, the more likely it is will come back. So give us your money, please, I beg you. I have I have bills to pay, I've got kids to put through Unich. Sand's got a Doe Cat? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of meters. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.