Speaker 1: Lifelun cut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on d rug Wallamuta Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Live on Card.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura, I'm Britney. Happy Tuesday. Yeah, why don't you tell everyone what you just said into the microphone? It's pretty crude And I said that.
Speaker 2: To you in a trusting environment? Off my is anything trusting? Is anything like?
Speaker 3: What is?
Speaker 2: Do? We have a safe environment. I feel like everything we do it's all for content. It all just makes its way onto the podcast eventually.
Speaker 1: Do you know one thing I have realized is what usually like with your best friends? Because I don't see anyone more than you two, Like you know, you're my inner circle.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is true.
Speaker 1: And when I say you two, I forget that people can't see producer case you're sitting here. I don't see anyone more than producer show and Laura, right, And I think your class those people. And you're in a circle as your best friends, and as your best friends, you classify those people. It's the people you trust with information and that you like to go to Yeah, I trust you. It is a pretty precarious position to be in when you don't know what is ever going to be used against you with your best friends.
Speaker 2: You should know by now after four and a half years, that that is everything.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's what I said that was confronting. I think it's the two things I said together. I said, so I killed a bird, and I was like, man, I'm horny. I could suck a dick.
Speaker 3: Ha ha.
Speaker 2: That all needs context now because with that, even you know what, there was a big conversation that unfolded around that because I was like, was it an eagle or was it a sparrow?
Speaker 3: Because people are going to feel differently about that.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, look, I said, guys, it is very I had a very traumatic weekend traumatic.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was traumatic traumatic. It was traumatic traumatic traumatic traumatic.
Speaker 3: What am I saying? Traumatic trauma?
Speaker 2: So it's traumamatic Okay. I went up to Port mcquarie see my family. Five hour drive beautiful, lovely love that for me, and.
Speaker 3: It's just highway.
Speaker 2: It's the most boring drive, Like it's five hours basically straight.
Speaker 1: You get out of Sydney and straight. You don't make a turn until you get there anyway. You know how sometimes the birds fly to eat food off the road, like roadkill and stuff.
Speaker 3: And they always jump out.
Speaker 1: They feel the vibrations, they hear the car coming, they always jump out of the way. Well, this one bird, he didn't have good reflex skills and he wasn't very agile, and he flew down and I was fanging it like one hundred and ten and he didn't move, and then I just went cook and he went straight into the grill of my car. And it was you know, when you're driving and you're you know when you want it because it's unsafe to swerve. You never swerve, like that's the number one rule on the road is because you'd end up having an accent.
Speaker 3: So you just unfortunately have especially when you're go on that s feed.
Speaker 2: I just really, really really want to clarify because I know some people will be listening to this being like you can't laugh about this.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: It was horrified. I'm still reeling from it. Yes, I am not laughing. I am not laughing thing about a bird dying, because if I was in that situation, I would be traumatized.
Speaker 3: I would be crying traumatiz it'd be traumatic.
Speaker 2: No, I'm more laughing at the way in which you're telling the story.
Speaker 3: I just can you just tell me?
Speaker 2: It needs to be a bird that's not a majestic animal needs to be like does.
Speaker 3: It matter, it's still an animal.
Speaker 2: It needs to be like a minor bird or something one that's a pest. It needs to be one that like, we can't you know, it can't be lori key.
Speaker 3: All animals are created equal. You say that as you eat your bacon sandwich. I don't like bacon. Actually, it was a beauty. It's a beautiful bird. It was a magpie. I care no magpies. A beautiful bird. You know how intelligent magpies are. They are so highly intelligent. They're also natives. They do take out. Yeah, they will swoop you.
Speaker 1: But anyway, okay, but do you know what actually, while we're we're here on the bird transitioning, you know, I love animals.
Speaker 3: I love animal facts.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you're supposed to do? If a magpie comes for you, sweeps for you, you don't hit it with your car one hundred and ten colums an hour. But I'm not supposed to run. I don't know if you know that you never turn you back on a magpie. That's when they keep swooping.
Speaker 3: Apparently, No, they won't come for your eyes if you're looking at them.
Speaker 1: Keeha. You don't run from a magpie because when you turn your back on it, that's when it keeps coming from you.
Speaker 3: So you shouldn't turn around and run. Shouldn't.
Speaker 2: This makes sense because that's why they always chase cyclists and chase cyclists down. And I mean it looks funny, but it's not funny for the cyclist.
Speaker 1: No, you're supposed to turn around and stare that and no eye staring. It won't come for your face, it will not. Okay, don't quote me on this in case anything happens. We don't have enough assurance. But like, that's what I have read, that you're not supposed to turn you back on it like a bear as well.
Speaker 2: Please stop taking advice over me, Okay, I have some updates on my own before we get into stuff is really important. You know this thing on my arm, this thing that I've had for ages now so no one else can see. It's like a slightly browner patch on Laura's arm that she's had for the while. It's been here for ages, Like it's literally been here for years. It goes it's whenever I'm in thing, Yeah, whenever I get darker, this patch on my arm gets darker. Yeah, and being that at summertime, like it's been pretty dark at the moment, but this is like being here for years. The last couple of months, I would say, it's gotten bigger. And so recently I went to the doctor and the doctor like told me, he gave me some thing to try on. It didn't work. Didn't work. So now I've gone back there after the three weeks and I've gone back with the thing on my arm, and I'm like, hey, the thing you gave me didn't work.
Speaker 3: What do we think this is? Because it's not working? Oh, you want to know what I have on my arm? Fungus. It's a fungal infectious. Oh yeah, it's a fungus.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you It's.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, you never tell me I've got something on my face.
Speaker 2: I've got like a fucking shittaki mushroom growing out of my arm, and no one told me it's a common fungus.
Speaker 1: It's nothing to be scared about you haven't got some disease from the Amazon jungle.
Speaker 2: It's a common skin fungi. Thank you, it's just brittany. Also, you can't catch it, just so you know. So, like I don't want anyone here worried that I'm like rubber myself up on chairs or whatever. But like there's nothing more humbling than walking into a doctor's office thinking you have a pigmentation problem and being told you've got a fungus.
Speaker 3: But it is a pigmentation problem caused by a fungus.
Speaker 1: So the the reason I know is I also had a fungus one time, but I have the opposite fungus.
Speaker 2: So have you seen the white patches? No, No, that's what this is. But it reacts differently for people. So you get a tanned fungus.
Speaker 3: So I have tans.
Speaker 2: Mine's like an albino fucker. So it's called tinia versa cola. It's basically like having athletes foot on your arm. That's what I have right now. And I just want to say, if you're out there dealing with a fungus, me too. And you know what, I remember that episode of Seinfeld when this is a rogue tangent. Seinfeld went into the medicine cabinet of a girl that he was dating and she had a fungal cream in there, and he was like ill, and he broke up with her because she had a fungal cream and it ended up being the dog's fungal cream and it wasn't even hers anyway.
Speaker 3: Guess what, Laura Burn has a fungus on her arm? Did they tell Hugh Jerry Seinfeld? Did they tell you what to do? Because I can tell you what works to cure that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently, because it's been there for so long, it's a much more in depth treatment. Don't fucking come at me with your dander shampoo. That's what I have used. I've had that fungus multiple times. Mine comes from the sun. Every time you get too much time in the sun, it can rebring the fungal memories up from the skin gland.
Speaker 3: Wow, but anti dandre if anyone.
Speaker 1: Because this is what you have, so to make yourself feel better, Laura, Lots of people have that fungus and there are people going to be listening right now being like, that's what I.
Speaker 3: Have tiny versa collar. So basically, if you don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's this like patch on your upper body, on your arms or on your torso where the skin changes color. So you might get like a patch of white or you get a patch of brown.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. But mine has just like taken over my arm on my back now. So you get the.
Speaker 1: Anti dander of shampoo. This is doctor prescribed. This is not something from TikTok.
Speaker 3: You get that.
Speaker 1: It's just anti dander of shampoo and you rub it onto your arms, leave it on there for ten twenty thirty minutes. So I used to live it on for a couple of hours and then just wash it off. That is the treatment. And most of the time, after a while you have to be consistent, but your fungus will disappear. My fungus hasn't been here for years. Can't wait to keep you updated. It's really nice. I love these Tuesday episodes.
Speaker 2: How we get to catch you up on all the important things that are happening in our lives. And you know, for me right now, it's fungus. Actually, do you know what else happened in my life over the weekend? Please don't tell me it's some other kind of rash or what else.
Speaker 3: Happened. What other fun are you, rash, I have jockeage.
Speaker 2: So if I didn't fee humbled enough over the weekend by finding out that I have a fungus all over my body, Mali, Really, I mean, kids are so good at just like bringing you back down to earth. Like if you ever felt good about yourself, they have a kid, speak to your four year old and ask them to critique anything about you.
Speaker 3: Not a critique, it just say look at me, what do you see? What do you see? Just talk to me about what you see on me? Oh, my body.
Speaker 2: Recently, if you were listening to a Tuesday episode from a couple of weeks ago, Keisha and I were talking about cosmetic injections, cosmetic surgeries, and I was saying that I have not had anything now, like I'm going into my eleventh month of this year without having any botox anything done to my face out of pure laziness. Can I just add one thing, Yeah, that is really weird to me because your skin looks better than ever. I can honestly say that that's so nice. I needed that bit of a confidence boost. Wow.
Speaker 5: Keisha's kis's very excitedly trying to get off the mic.
Speaker 4: How can you possibly say your skin looks better than ever?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, from the chin.
Speaker 6: I know you've been asking about my skin everytine, so I just wanted to go through it with you.
Speaker 3: Use this. It is for jockage. Okay, let me rephrase that. Let me rephrase that. It's funny you feel like that, Laura, because from the neck up, your skin looks amazing. Okay.
Speaker 2: So what happened was I was laying in bed with Marley and we were having this cute little cuddle and like every sort from kids, you're laying in bed with them and they're like hold your face and you have these really beautiful moments where you're like, you know, like it's just this kind of intimacy that it's quite hard to describe because it's like this, it's almost like a romantic intimacy without any romance. Like they'll hold your face and they'll look in your eyes, and like you have these beautiful little moments of like soul connection with a human like you love more than anything.
Speaker 3: And I feel similarly with Delilah, you would understand that exact feeling.
Speaker 2: And so like this deep moment of connection with Marley where she was like stroking my face and she was like looking into my eyes and I was like, I was having a moment.
Speaker 3: She clearly wasn't. And she said to me, Mummy.
Speaker 2: So yes, yes, sweet and she goes, your skin is really ugly and I said, thank you, darling.
Speaker 3: Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: And she said, you just have so many red bits on it, like there is red and there is red and there is red.
Speaker 3: Gone in the morning with no makeup on, laying in bed. And I was like, okay, that, sweetheart. You know this, Sometimes when you.
Speaker 2: See things about people, you don't have to tell them because it hurts their feelings. So when you tell me that you notice that my skin is red, that that hurts my feelings.
Speaker 3: Mummy has an uneven skin tone.
Speaker 2: And I said, you don't have to tell people the things that you see about them that you don't like, and she said, yeah, but even if I don't tell you, it's still the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it, bitch. That's so brutal. It was so brutal. This was also for me.
Speaker 2: This was the reminder and it really took me back to those moments in my relationships, like my ex relationships, where you're laying in bed next to someone and you're thinking, oh my god, we're so connected, like I love him, He's gonna say I love you, And you think you know what they're thinking.
Speaker 3: You fucking don't know what they're thinking. They're looking at your face thinking you've got red splotches. That's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: So they are not sometimes sometimes Yeah, if they're not assholes, if they're not saying I love you back in that moment, and you think you're having a soul connection, trust me, that is not what is happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's too close to home for some people in the room. Keisha, Have we told toblerone that we love him yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: It is getting it's getting more interesting as the days go on.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll ever say it now. I think you've gone too far, Like, you can't ever say it now.
Speaker 3: I feel similarly. Do you know what's the worst moments?
Speaker 7: Actually, and this has stuck out to me, it's when I've had Delilah like I borrowed her the other weekend.
Speaker 3: I love that. I say I borrowed her. I took her for two days. You took her and didn't return her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So she jumps into bed and she loves a cuddle. I'll be like cuddling her and she'll be next to him.
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 7: You are such a pretty girl, and tell Delilah seventeen times how much I love her.
Speaker 3: And then it's just maybe that's when you need to tail it. Maybe you need to look up then and lock eyes and have a moment and then.
Speaker 1: Will him to say it. Make that silence so awkward that he has to say it.
Speaker 2: I just want to like for anyone who doesn't know what's happening right now, because they might be confused.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're new to the podcast and you don't know the backstory.
Speaker 2: Producer Keisha, she has been dating tolerone for probably seven months star maybe eight months, very seriously, seriously, they're moving in together.
Speaker 3: The guy's like that shit happening.
Speaker 2: The relationship is progressing in a way that one would think the I love yous are coming.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd think the I love yous would have happened for these conversations to have happened.
Speaker 2: And we've spoken about this a couple of times, so I'm enjoying the constant updates because one day we're going to talk about this and you're going to say I said it or not. Maybe this will just be the constant update forever. My only question is does Toblery never listen to this?
Speaker 3: No? No, he never listens to the podcast. Okay, we won't be offended.
Speaker 2: We love having a supportive partners.
Speaker 3: The opposite, I'm like, I don't want you to be turned off.
Speaker 7: I don't want you to hear things that you're like that's not it attractive to me, which I feel like would happen if any of our partners listened to this podcast.
Speaker 3: You know it's fair.
Speaker 2: Because Matt doesn't listen either, which is why I get away with telling so many of the things that happen our relationship because I'll give him the brief overview.
Speaker 3: I'll say like, oh, honey.
Speaker 2: I talked about this on the podcast, but I tell like versions of it, and he goes, Okay, that's fine because I think that so long as I've told him that, I'm telling the story, but I tell a top line version of it. If he actually heard it, he'd probably be like a bit much information.
Speaker 3: Laura bit too.
Speaker 1: Hand listens to every episode, every single and the radio show.
Speaker 3: He listens to everything.
Speaker 7: See I feel differently about Matt because I think for him that gives him a permission slip to.
Speaker 3: Talk about whatever he wants to talk about on his podcast. Yeah, I don't listen to that either. That's my point.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't feel like, hey, honey, I kind of talked about a little bit about this, like maybe it might be a bit too much, and he's like, nah, it's all good because he's storing it as like a as I get out of jail free card if he needs to use it.
Speaker 7: So I'm glad that tom la Rone doesn't listen to the podcast, but it is getting more weird by the day that we haven't told each other that I've never thought of myself as a stubborn person before this particular situation. I feel like now I'm just not saying it out of stubbornness that no, you have to do it first, which.
Speaker 3: I think is silly.
Speaker 1: I think love shouldn't fall into the stubborn category. I think that the woman can say they love them first, just like I think the women can ask.
Speaker 3: Their partner our man or woman. I think it's fine for a woman to take charge and if you know you love him.
Speaker 2: Quality, well, No, I just don't see the point in like if you want it, like we get such I'm getting so deep, we get such limited time on this earth and love, but it's true, love is such a when you are in love, it is there is no feeling like it and like you just the second you say it and you express things differently because once it's almost like a doorways opened up. But I can guarantee the little things will change once you start to say you love each other.
Speaker 3: And I think, why waste that time? Well, I think now we've waited so long.
Speaker 7: We went on an international holiday two months into being together, Like it's not like we slowed down on other things. Now, I feel like there's been such a build up that it kind of has to be a moment, Like I don't know if it can just be sitting on the couch patting the dog.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you're not getting married, You're just saying I love you. But also I do think you're gonna be laying in bed one day and you're gonna be like, I love you, and he's gonna be like, your face is red.
Speaker 8: I also get that fungus. Have you got a fungus on your arm? Is the husha DARKI mushroomer, you're just happy to see me. I'm buying you sam Anti Dandurf this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: As my final update on my egg freezing saga journey.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't call it a sarga, but I feel like that's what it's been. It was a week ago. And because it takes you longer to get over the hormone injections, because I had double right. So some people a few days you feel better. Some it lasts for two weeks. My nurse took call me. She's like, look, it's likely it's gonna last for two weeks plus because you've just.
Speaker 3: Got so much that you need to get rid of.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how horny I am and how hard my nipples are. Constantly I could cut glass with these nipples. Like today, I had to push them in.
Speaker 3: So you could just wear a bra like everyone else. No, because you can't wear a bra with this tops. You tek a different top, you have a hundred No, why would I do that? What's wrong with showing nipples? That is been a nippleist to be fake. Kim cut Ashley and brought out that nipple and my boobs are great, like they don't need a bra in this top.
Speaker 7: You were the one who said that your nipples were that hard that you insinuated it was a problem.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not just telling you it's not a problem. But I could cut glass with them. I like that.
Speaker 2: You're like, my nipples are so hard, there is no problem here. I just wanted to tell you totally.
Speaker 3: This, guys, is not a problem. This is not an issue for me.
Speaker 2: I have very erec nipples and I like it, and that is the end of the story road. But they are so sensitive as well. That was where I was going.
Speaker 3: That's all. That's my update.
Speaker 1: People want to know the physiological side of what happens with the egg freezing hormone injections.
Speaker 3: That was the number one thing you guys wanted to know. So that is the very last.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the nipples die down tomorrow and hopefully next week it starts that my body starts to regulate.
Speaker 3: And I'm not a raging horn dog. That's it. That's the update, is horny.
Speaker 2: That was great because the bloating's gone down, right, so like everything is settled now because it is touch and go there for a while, like I'd swallowed a volleyball. But the only lasting effects I have now is the nipples and the horniness. I feel like the horniness helps the fertility though. I mean, it seems like an important factor.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll make y'all. I don't know anyway, Well, let's not get into the side.
Speaker 7: People do say that you get more horny around your ovulation time. Yeah, I've never personally experienced, like, I haven't tracked it, so I don't know, But apparently you can get more horny around that, like your body just knows that you're fertile.
Speaker 3: Laura, you seem like the real first yell one of the group. And we all know how horny I am all the time.
Speaker 2: You need to get horny, Guys, I was having a conversation on the weekend.
Speaker 3: This is a bit rogue.
Speaker 2: I've got something else I want to talk to you about, but this is like, let's just throw it in because this could be a bit of a story arc if it happens hear me out. This would be the first time, this would be the first time that I've talked about this.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Also, I think that there's going to be some I mean, there'll be some people who'll be like, it's your body, do what you want. But I think, after the conversations we've had on the podcast before, that it might come with some friction.
Speaker 3: Can I guess?
Speaker 2: I am considering breastleft No, damn it, foot reconstruction.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not getting botox anymore. But I'm considering like a major plastic surgery, no job, No, I'm considering getting a laba plasty.
Speaker 3: Everyone's just gone silent. Date that if you didn't want to.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but I'm I had a conversation with mad about it, and I had a conversation with a girlfriend about it.
Speaker 3: Haven't had a conversation with the doctor. I've spoken to you. We were completely unqualified.
Speaker 2: Things are just not the same after Lola, and not in a way where I'm like, oh, esthetically, that's not how I want it to be more and it's uncomfortable for me now.
Speaker 3: I've had a friend who's had one.
Speaker 7: She found that whenever she would wear tight things like exercise tights or even a G string, the friction and the rocky the lips.
Speaker 2: It was quite painful for me. And this is too much information, But when I had Lola. So I have really bad circulation. And I got Varica's veins in the backs of my legs when I had Lola. I also got Barraka's veins somewhere else. When I was pregnant, which happens in my labia, I had a varicus vein.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that was it. I genuinely did not know that was a thing. Yeah, it is the thing.
Speaker 2: And so I know that there'll be some pregnant women who are like, I've had that too, and there'll be other who are like, you fucking poor bitch.
Speaker 3: But trust me, it sucked.
Speaker 2: And so for me, it's like I still have a vein on one side, and that's what I want to go and get sorted, because that's why if you have Arek's veins, you will know like it's itchy, it's uncomfortable, the circulation is not good, and so that's affecting me, and that's why I want to go and start this process. All the time, always scrutching myself that in the thrush. But no, but I've looked into it and the only thing that's like my limiting reason for not doing it right now. Actually there's two One is that it's like a six week recovery, like you can't you can't have sex, you can't do anything for six weeks, which I know.
Speaker 3: As a great excuse, I know, but.
Speaker 2: It's also a big consideration for your relationship as well. Like I and I don't mean that I am not going to do things to my body because it will upset Matt by any means. But at the same time, I'm like, that's a big amount of time for a consideration when you're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: To six weeks is people go six.
Speaker 2: Weeks all the time without sex, and I think to make yourself more I mean, look at what he look at my relationship, I go months without statement if it's literal discomfort for you and it's going to completely change your life absolutely well. And the other part of this is I think that my reservations around one talking about it and two going and actually doing anything about it is because, as you guys know, we had an interview we did it ages ago with Ellie who is from Comfortable in My Skin, and we had big conversations around like being accepting of all of your body, being accepting of your labyer, that it's not abnormal to have an audi like all of the very many different ways in which people's labyers andvolvers look and how we should be able to be okay and accepting of that. And I just want to like preface it that this is not at all from me being like, this is an aesthetic thing, because I don't have an issue. I go, I'm great downe there, Matt is not complaining. Everything is fantastic, but I'm uncomfortable. So I think for me, I'm now looking at what that looks like, and I would hate for someone to judge me for that.
Speaker 7: Can I just say that really common concern about getting laby or plasty is that obviously they're cutting parts where you get a lot of pleasure and a lot of sensation. And for my particular friend, she had a significant reduction in the pleasure that she gets from sex. So not trying to sway you in any way. Obviously I'm not a doctor. You will have these conversations with your doctor. But I think that's an important seesaw to balance when you're like, I might be more comfortable, but also I might enjoy sex less.
Speaker 3: Which is obviously going to affect your life a lot.
Speaker 2: But I think it also depends on how like I mean, it depends on what your end result is, like, are you wanting to have no LaBier like are you doing it because you want to look like a Barbie doll? Or are you doing it just because you want things to be back to the way that you were pre pregnancy.
Speaker 3: For me, I don't want it all gone.
Speaker 2: I just want to be at the place that I was pre pregnancy where it didn't bother me at all. I want to, like you know where swimwear and not feel like I'm packing sometimes.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean that I just want to feel like I am not conscious of it, whereas like I am now conscious of it and I wasn't five years ago, even though I've never been barbied or vagina by any means. I just want to be at a place where I don't ever have to think about it. And that's how I feel.
Speaker 7: I had a really humbling moment about this over the weekend. I went to Reformer Plates and this particular studio has glass, sorry has mirrors on the ceiling.
Speaker 3: I was wearing these burnt orange shorts and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, I have got a literal camel toe because it literally looks burnt orange, and it was really you know, when your legs are in the straps and you're looking up and you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: That's I look like a giant camel. I need to adjust.
Speaker 1: But I think the only other thing, Laura, that you'd need to consider, and I'm sure you're going to do that. We're just nutting it out, but I think the only thing you're going to consider is like make sure you're completely done with kids, because obviously it's something that could reoccur with another pregnancy and all these things that you're going to think about and talk about with your doctor.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, but I'm I am here to hold your hand. I will hold your LaBier through this process.
Speaker 3: Only party, we'll have a lip party. We all come dressed with lipstick. I thought you're about to say we we're going to come dress as giant lady, Like how I would do that?
Speaker 2: But we could have a going away for your lay. You might get a sponsor sponsored LaBier. Now a sponsored laby PLoP swipe up, swipe up. This This has been a real sharing episode from fungus to labyers.
Speaker 3: Guys, Wow, how serious do you feel about it? Like, do you think you're gonna have a consult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm feeling very serious about it. I floated the idea with Matt. I haven't had a deep conversation with him about it. But I don't like the fact that I'm conscious of it. And I don't mean self conscious, I mean physically conscious of it.
Speaker 3: I can feeling about it. I think about it.
Speaker 2: I notice the discomfort from time to time, and that is annoying me. And I also just want to prefact I feel like, even though I'm saying all this, I need to then explain myself so that no one's going to be writing articles like Laura's got ten centimeters long labyers if I did also, fuck you, nothing wrong with me. It's not that they're like outrageously long. It's not that they can like.
Speaker 3: Roll them up. Yeah, they're not flapping in the wind. It's none of that. It's just this this happen. I just had this image of you going baragliding with your.
Speaker 2: Laser like like a sugar like a literal sugar glider.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just I know we're laughing, we're laughing, we're laughing.
Speaker 2: But I do worry that people listen to this and people who are experiencing. I don't want anyone to feel like that there's something wrong with them, because this is a consideration that I'm having. The Varica's vein situation is a true discomfort, and if you have bad circulation, you will know exactly what I'm talking about. It is something that you're conscious of. It is something that gets itchy. I have them on my ankles, and I get itchy on my ankles.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 2: But think about that on your vulver and having to scratch your vulver whilst you were like in the middle of your day is not great.
Speaker 7: You know, with Varka's veins, you can have saline pushed through them to like unblock the block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can also have like a lasering and everything else done. But I mean, these are the many things to talk through with a healthcare professional and not my My co hosts.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're not doing no, but I'll just plan the party. Okay.
Speaker 1: I love what you're saying, but I also don't think we need to reiterate that much. And I know you're you're worried that people are gonna want to come for you, but we have always said on this podcast, do what you want with your body, but just make sure you look at all the pros and cons, make sure it's you're doing it for the right reasons, and make sure it's for safety. Like, no one can come for you because you are uncomfortable and want to change something on your body like and if they do, they're not our people. Also if they do go through this process.
Speaker 2: And know, we spent a long time talking about something that I'm not one hundred percent on yet, but if I do go through this process, I will tell you.
Speaker 3: I will tell you exactly what it's lack.
Speaker 2: So if you're thinking about it, or you're you know, considering it, or something that you're self conscious about, because I think that this is the type of thing that no one talks about because everyone's everyone's so shameful talking about it because they would hate for anyone to think that their volver is less than perfect. But guess what everyone is, especially if you've vagually birthed two children, had two fucking episiotomies, let me tell you, shit is not where it used to be.
Speaker 3: We probably just don't need like a vlog of this one. Don't you don't want to update it before?
Speaker 2: Mate? We've just done step by step of BRIT's fertility, like fucking hell, come on, step by step of my volver.
Speaker 3: No, I want before and after this. I want to transition. We can put them on the socials.
Speaker 2: A transition, you know how you go up to the camera and hit tap the camera with your volver and then you come back and.
Speaker 3: It's gone trending news on TikTok snipti. Okay.
Speaker 2: So yesterday, walking back from the beach, there was something that sparked Matt and Meyer's attention and I wanted to talk.
Speaker 3: About it today with you right here, right now.
Speaker 2: So there was these a four pieces of paper like flyers that had been stuck underneath the windscreen wipers of all the cars. I'm talking like every car in the car park, all the way up the main street, all the way into our street where we live. There was like these flyers stuck on every single car. And Matt said, oh, like, go on, can you go and get one of those? I want to see what that says. Because the very first thing that you could see from like across the street was hey, bitch. Now it looked like it had been handwritten, but obviously you could see that it was on every car, so it hadn't been handwritten because that's a lot of work. This is what the letter said, Hey, bitch, hope you had fun with my boyfriend last night.
Speaker 3: If you want your clothes back, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to hire them on insert business name here from Sarah Kiss Kiss, Jake's girlfriend. Ah, I saw see but also well played.
Speaker 3: If there's been some cheating going on.
Speaker 2: Well, if there's been cheating, I think that's like, what a get back? What do you mean this is a marketing ploi if it is not a marketing ployee? Okay, right, Because I also saw this going viral online. I didn't see it in NRL because I was away, but I have seen this letter going bonkers online. Well when I saw it, I mean I didn't think about it as content for the podcast, but then Keisha chucked it in our content group chat that we have and it made me think, Okay, maybe this is something that people are talking about. And then I realized that it actually hits some like it's kind of gone viral across social media and if you haven't seen it, you might in the next couple of days. So basically, what this letter is, it's a marketing like gorilla marketing and a flyer drop from this high address company which they'd put all around Bondaia Beach and all around sort of this high populated area. And when I read it, I had this visceral reaction to the actual content of the letter, and I think it was because like the hey bitch, it just I felt really gritty and it felt really like a negative brand messaging that as a small business owner myself, I was like, that is ballsy, but I don't know whether it lands. And I say this because yes, it lands in terms of getting people talking about it.
Speaker 3: Hello, Ding ding Ding? Were he talking about it right now? Exactly?
Speaker 2: But is it the type of brand association I would want for my small business in terms of one associating yourself with cheating and two calling people bitches?
Speaker 3: Kind of feels yuck. It's funny.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed to say that, Like I read this and just thought someone to cheat. It didn't click on me that this was marketing at the start.
Speaker 2: Read it once and I was like, that's funny. I had this whole image in my head that a girl had walked in, sprung another chick with a boyfriend, taken a close run out of the door, put them, sold them or whatever. I had this whole image of how that went down, and I was like, well, that's pretty funny if the girl knew what she was doing. Now that we have unpacked that it is a market employee, I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: I think it is brilliant. I have seen this everywhere. I have looked at the site. I know other people would have looked at the site. I think that this has gotten them so much business. They're not actually calling anyone a bitch because.
Speaker 2: It's a fictional character and it's made everyone want to go and look. It has dropped a breadcrumb that is so intriguing to see.
Speaker 3: Is this real? Is there someone's clothes? What is that site? I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's done like look at us talking about it, but totally and I do agree with you. I do think that it absolutely has pushed traffic towards their website. And I think as a small business these days, you have to be very creative to get cut through, especially because it costs so much money to advertise across social media. It costs so much money to advertise anywhere in a normal sort of like out of home setting. So this is taking your business offline, taking your business off social media, and getting out of home marketing, but for no cost, which is incredibly, incredibly tactful of them. I think the thing that I didn't like about it, and the reason why I was like, oh, it makes me feel icky, is because of this association of cheating and Keisha, you nailed it when we were unpacking Keisha and I went way too deep on this, but we were unpacking it, and Keisha sorld have said that as women who talk about cheating all the time, we talk about relationships all the time. We unpack the nuance of relationships. The fact that this letter goes after the female in that and it's like, hey, bitch, you slept with my boyfriend instead of And I know that I'm getting way too deep on a marketing letter. I get it, but it's kind of like the trope of ten years ago. It's the way in which we would speak about women ten years ago, and it feels very backwards.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind of like, yes, it is a great marketing tactic, but I feel like it landed a little bit short in terms of the positioning of a brand and the messaging of a brand.
Speaker 1: But yes, okay, I totally get that. I totally get that it takes two to ten go. But the way I saw this was I did not think that at all. I saw this as like, Okay, there's two constants in this situation.
Speaker 2: That's the boyfriend and the actual girlfriend, and then there's one variable.
Speaker 3: Which is the person that came in and cheated.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know that person that variable, So this is her response to someone she doesn't know that's done the wrong thing. Right, She's going to I imagine this fictional relationship. She's going to be dealing with her boyfriend at home because she knows him, she lives with him.
Speaker 2: That's her safe space. I'm sure he has his consequences too, but I think that this. I don't want to normalize this response if you find out that your partner's cheating, I don't want to say that.
Speaker 3: But I looked at this, I can promise you. I looked at this and.
Speaker 1: I thought, fucking lol, someone got sprung and now they have to go buy you know, doing the dirty. Now they've got to go buy their clothes back. I thought it was funny. I literally just thought it was funny. I was like what an innocent way, because I think it is innocent. I think that there's a lot of people that get very vicious and malicious when it comes to cheating situations and affairs in what they do to people, like public humiliation.
Speaker 3: And things like that.
Speaker 2: But I think if you've just like I got your clothes because you left them there after you fucked my boyfriend, go buy them back.
Speaker 3: Totally I agree.
Speaker 2: But I think the thing is is in terms of cheating, And we know this because we've had many conversations about it on the podcast, Like we have spoken about cheating for the last four and a half years. It is the one topic that gets people the most fired up anytime Britta and I have ever had a conversation about cheating, where we've said it's grey. Relationships can improve after cheating. You know, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's the end of a relationship.
Speaker 3: There are many variables around cheating.
Speaker 2: We have always received negative feedback and negative reviews from people who see cheating as black and white, even though we don't necessarily see cheating as black and white. So it is the most polarizing thing that I think you could kind of lean into as a brand and as a marketing tactic. I guess the other thing of this is when I think about if I was to find out that Matt was cheating on me, and I'm just gonna like, I'm going deep and I'm unpacking.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, you wouldn't write a letter. I wouldn't run it.
Speaker 2: But I also wouldn't be calling the girl a bitch. I wouldn't and my initial response would be like, try to seek information from her. But I wouldn't be like, hey, bitch, like you did this. It just feels it feels so dirty, it feels so.
Speaker 7: Bratty, and it feels to me like the most basic form of retaliation to a cheating Interesting, though, do you think that it would have had as much cut through if it hadn't have used Like I'm talking about this as a marketing technique because I was actually sent this by two of my friends yesterday who didn't think it was a marketing technique, and I saw it on so many people's Instagram stories who thought it was a legitimate thing, and it was me who said to them, guys, I think this could be a marketing thing because it's got like the website on there, you know, like and I hadn't heard of this website before and now I have, so tick tick tick.
Speaker 3: Do you think it would have.
Speaker 7: Had as much of a visceral response if they hadn't have used hay bit.
Speaker 3: No, No, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And That's why I'm like, I do think it has I absolutely think it's effective.
Speaker 3: I think we're all talking about it.
Speaker 2: The fact that we are on what is you know, I was gonna say national, but I guess people overseas are going to listen to this podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about it.
Speaker 2: With the reach that we have about a flyer that was being dropped in BONDI it is very, very, very effective. I guess for me, the only thing that I saw as a negative is that brand association. And I say that as someone who owns a small business, where I'm like, you care so much about the storytelling of your brand. You care so much about the things that your brand is associated with.
Speaker 7: But people care as well, Like people now want to know about your environmental impact. They want to know about all of these things that are behind the brand. We don't just want to look at something and go that's pretty, I'm gonna buy it. We now want to know about the political views of the owner like, we're totally so for me, I'm like, this is a ballsy move as a brand when people are going to associate you with something. But then in saying that, look, I mean there's loads of very successful, huge designer brands that have always flirted with that fine line of controversial. And I mean, like, ye, Balenciaga flirted too close with the line obviously, you know, but they danced with that line for so long, and the flirting with something that is controversial is such a hugely effective technique of getting people on board.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, I have looked at this website now, like the flyer from this website.
Speaker 3: And the close are good. I would get them from there. I went on there and I was like, let's see what this is about. Then I was like, cute, it.
Speaker 5: Might hire that kidding, and that's what I'm probably going to get something from there, Like that's it's so cute. I genuinely think it's brilliant. The only thing I think I'm mad at is that I did think of this.
Speaker 1: I wish somehow we were like someone cheated on find out who.
Speaker 2: On Life on cut and put it on every on It's like it's brilliant marketing.
Speaker 1: The word bitch. Okay, I get that. It's a shock value, but that's what marketing is. And you said it before, Laura. The world is saturated with everything right now, especially marketing, especially online marketing. Your scroll, it's the same stuff that was seeing from every single person.
Speaker 2: Trust me, I know Tony made Black Friday Friday. Yeah yeah, but great marketing, Matt's marketing brilliant. You have to do things that are different to get cut through exactly.
Speaker 3: And that's my point for this.
Speaker 1: That is why I'm like, Okay, I get it, and it didn't hurt anyone because it's it's not real, it's fictional and at the end of the day, it stopped people in their tracks. They did offline marketing for a quarter of the price and got a ridiculous amount.
Speaker 3: Of course, the price this was like ten cents to print that and deliver it. That's cost money, one hundred percent. I reckon for them to do this, they have so they had just been doing It's further, in my point, it cost them nothing. It cost them nothing.
Speaker 2: This would have been the cheapest, the cheapest form of marketing that I do agree with you, Britain.
Speaker 3: It has been so effective. It does make you think, like, if you're a.
Speaker 2: Brand and you are in the hustle of spending money on content, spending money on influencers, spending money on social media ads, what can you do that lies outside of what is the normal?
Speaker 3: What can you do?
Speaker 2: Maybe it doesn't have to be that flirts be controversial, but what can you do that is a experiment that is different.
Speaker 7: It also makes me think though, and I mean, this could be way too deep for how simple this is. When we constantly have to have these different, more shock value kind of approaches to content or approaches to marketing, I guess to me, I go, do we end up getting into a position where it's just like everything is so rogue now there are no rules, like this is mental? But I actually brought up in the car when we were driving here to work today. There's that BRA brand. I've mentioned them on the podcast before. It's called Nala. I'm obsessed with them. It's a small business down in Melbourne and they had a bit of controversy with Instagram and TikTok. I think sorry if I'm not quoting this exactly correctly, but essentially some of them the Bras are mesh and so the photos that they were using, they're.
Speaker 3: Like, they're actual bras.
Speaker 7: And so they were posting photos on Instagram and you could see nipples through oh god, not the propple exactly. And so that goes against Instagram's nudity guidelines because women's nipples are the devil, you know, men's nipples of fine. But whatever, So they kept on getting posts taken down, and they were getting you know that hash shadow band.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can get into trouble for it.
Speaker 7: So to protest that, they bought this humongous inflatable boob with a nipple and they inflated it and floated it down.
Speaker 3: The Yarrow River. Brilliant. I thought it was so brilliant. It was in protest too, like nipples of vine. Do you know what? I like this because I mean, like it's a giant tit floating down the river. People are going to talk about it, but yeah, do you see that tits? Yeah? You giant.
Speaker 2: And the thing that you said, Kisha is like, well, if everyone's going to do things that are so outside the box, does that then that mean that no one's ever going to be shocked because things are like people expect this type of guerrilla marketing. What I have to say on that is that no, I do not think that there will ever become a time where the majority of brands are doing things that lie that far outside or are that shocking. And the reason for that is because mostly brands are safe, and mostly marketing tactics follow what they see other brands doing. Most small businesses are reactionaal. They'll look at something else that and other business has done and then they'll go, Okay, well I'll try that, Or they put their money into quote unquote safe ways of marketing their business because we don't have this indispensable disposable cash. A lot of small especially small businesses, I mean big businesses have the ability to be a little bit more playful with their marketing budgets. But when you are trying to be everything and do everything in your business, you don't have the creative freedom necessarily to go and do these sorts of things. So I guess from an initiative perspective, I do think that this is great.
Speaker 7: I have a question for you both, and I don't even know what my answer to this is. Do you think we give more? That's kind of clever and like a bit rogue and gorilla marketing. Because it's small business. Do you think we'd feel the same if it was a huge corporation.
Speaker 2: One percent, because in terms of it being a small business, it's creative and it's it's outside a box. Whereas like for a big company, like if it was McDonald's or someone who was doing letterbox drops like that, we would be like, this is what your creative team came up with. This is where you are with your millions of dollars like doing this weirdly enough, it maybe be as successful.
Speaker 3: Maybe it wouldn't. Maybe we would be like, oh, that's so cringe.
Speaker 7: McDonald's are trying to be a bit spicy and a bit you know, edgy.
Speaker 3: I think it also fits the brand.
Speaker 1: It's a dress higher company, so I think it fits really well. Like I think, yeah, I took your clothes from you, you fuck. You took your clothes off and fucked my boyfriend, so I picked them up, and like, you know, in terms of it.
Speaker 3: Works for the story.
Speaker 2: The story is someone took their clothes off to have sex to get back at you, I'm going to sell your clothes on this company. I think the story arc there makes sense. Yeah, Like McDonald's are not going to be like.
Speaker 3: You're cheated, come get a big mac. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that we've been speaking about this for a while, but I've just jumped onto their Instagram for an update, and the brand, who has posted this letter on every single car is resharing all of the comments across social media. There are so many people who have reshed shared the picture of the letter in their car. People are being like, poor Jake, I want to know who Sarah is. There has been so many of them, and people are saying this is the most clever marketing.
Speaker 3: Some people are going to have this. Did this land? Didn't this land?
Speaker 2: And that was my initial reaction, But in terms of the amount of free eyeballs that they have garnered to their site, so many people are saying this is the best marketing ploy I've ever seen. I literally fell for it until I saw it was on everyone's car. I am sensing unrest in the hood and people are like videoing other people's reactions to this, which, you know what from a small business to come up with this, then I kind of ever.
Speaker 3: Changed my mind. I think that they've done very well, which was my exact.
Speaker 1: Initial response, which is like you have paid nothing offline marketing to get a ridiculous amount of online marketing.
Speaker 3: I cannot genuinely fault this. I think it's great.
Speaker 2: I yeah, and I guess if people's reaction to this is that they're taking it as the joke that it was intended, then it's no harm done.
Speaker 3: We'll do it. Let's do it, let's let's proply it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we say that's more controversial. Hey we had a threesome and now we're pregnant.
Speaker 7: I read say that last week. We could print that review that we once got. It was three stars, mind you that said I thought this podcast was uncircumcised men very disappointed.
Speaker 3: Oh that could be good promotion. Yeah, that's true. What it's about.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is going to listen to that? Do you think it'll be uncircumcised men or everyone else?
Speaker 3: Net gain is positive exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it is time for accidentally unfiltered Now this one it's not so much funny as.
Speaker 3: What it is awkward. Okay, Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: I started dating my boyfriend six years ago, and after a little while I thought it was perfect that his mum was a doctor, so I could go to someone I knew in the hopes of it being less awkward for me, but I was absolutely wrong. Initially I was going to see her for minor things like, you know, vaccines or having a cold, and during this time I was on the pill. Eventually I needed to get a new script made, and I didn't think twice about.
Speaker 3: Going to her and asking for a renewal.
Speaker 2: I went in and I asked to get it renewed, to which she began to ask a lot of personal questions, such as, are you using protection when you have sex? Obviously she's implying with her son, and then she asked, was I sexually active before her son? What's six years ago? Wee no, they had only started dating. This happened six years ago, to which I replied yes. She then asked me if I'd ever had an SDI check, to which I replied no. She then demanded that I had an SDI check and said it was routine and a checkup that was needed and every GP would ask for it. I feel like the gauge of this was not that it was just asked for. It was demanded by her mother that she had an STI check. I don't know why this was ever a good idea. She hands me a script with the words chlamydia and STD screening on it and for me to peanut cut and tells me that I must get it back to her as soon as possible. She then goes on to say, of course I never gave it to her because it would mean that she would be the first person to find out if I didn't have an SDI. I immediately stopped going to her, And yes, I have been checked since.
Speaker 3: The poor girl.
Speaker 2: But then it turns out, okay, there's a little bit more to this. The boyfriend's mum asked her like she did, like a follow up, just like a courtesy.
Speaker 3: Are you ever going to get me back that? How's that SDI check?
Speaker 1: Going?
Speaker 3: For clap? No, you can't say how's the clap? It's just a colloquialism for colmydia? Is that what we call it?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I found out the clap is actually colloquial for gonorrhea. I've always I always thought it was because they both started with S. Where did I chlymydia is really hard to spell.
Speaker 2: Also, we don't need to cutify an STI just like, don't get the pill, get.
Speaker 1: It dark because it's easy to be like, yeah, I got the clap, it's a very easily treatable one, but I mean fucking awkward.
Speaker 3: I get the GPS. They don't bog bill. It can be very expensive, but I.
Speaker 7: Feel like that's a cost I would justify.
Speaker 2: When we interviewed Michael Hing at like one of the live shows, he said something which I so deeply related to.
Speaker 3: He's like, you have two doctors.
Speaker 2: You have one doctor for the everyday stuff, and then you have one doctor for the stuff that you don't want the everyday stuff to know about. And that is not your boyfriend's mum. That's how I feel about the case. While we're on this, I did have one that I was going to read. I was like, oh, save it for another week. But it's actually similar in terms of it's not that oh it is, it's just uncomfortable. I felt really uncomfortable when I read it. I'm so incredibly lucky to be twenty two weeks pregnant today, woohoo. Last week I found some free online anti natal classes to attend, as I have so much to learn about preparing birth and raising a baby. I joined the first class this evening via zoom and I thought, how great that this is free, what a great similar community.
Speaker 1: I was on my phone and I was talking to the Lovely Midwife. There were a bunch of people that had also joined the class. She was giving some great information with diagrams, but every second word was um, so much so that it actually drove me crazy, and I struggled listening. I'm not being dramatic. I swear I'm not exaggerating. I've never heard someone say I'm more in my life.
Speaker 2: So annoying to notice something. So if you look here example the whole time.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I listen to podcasts every day and I run large online training workshops for my work. I know as a presenter that you need to mix up your filler words for better and gage. Anyhow, we're ten minutes in and I'm actually struggling so hard with this constant use of the word um. So I saw a chat box that I thought was anonymous.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I have since learned that to be anonymous, you need to click be anonymous. I decided this might be the right time to suggest, and I don't know why, because this poor lady was doing this fabulous call for free, and I'm so ashamed, but I said content's great infographics are Okay, I can't stand how much you are using the word m Can you please stop or I will have to leave the chat. She thought it was anonymous feedback, okay, valuable feed and then I'm not okay, no, it's and then the lady. Two minutes later the midwife read out, very offended and grumpy. Thanks, Chloe, I just got the comment to use, so stop using the word.
Speaker 2: Um.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this for forty years, Chloe, and no one has ever told me that it was a problem, so I will continue to use it.
Speaker 3: I am deceased.
Speaker 2: Can I say, though, just because no one's ever told you it's a problem doesn't mean it's not.
Speaker 3: I edit out all the arms just.
Speaker 2: Arms.
Speaker 3: You guys don't, but guests do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we don't wear great with arms. Now, I say, like a lot though, I edit that out. It drives me crazy every time I listen back to an episode and I'm like like like like black, like like like like I'm delete de Lily delead. Oh, Chloe, how awkward like every you've pressed Oh, I just can't.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking about that moment it pops up with your name. You can't take it back.
Speaker 2: It's like when you accidentally send the wrong text to someone, which now you can delete within two minutes, but.
Speaker 3: That moment that you press send and you're like, I have deep progress.
Speaker 2: I had a really, really, really beige version of this on the weekend, like a minor, minor version of this. So recently we got peloton bikes, right, and I'm using it like I'm in the peloton world. Now.
Speaker 3: It's great. I do my ED twenty minutes a nighttime, but I'm very unfit.
Speaker 2: I've not exercised since Dancing with the Stars, like, not a single This is going to blow some people's minds, Like I haven't even been for a walk with the intention of it being exercised since Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're growing a fungus, Yeah, you mean a lot out also the labia. Yeah, I'm growing a laba and a fungus. Fuck you're growing.
Speaker 2: But seriously, I've been so bad, so this has been a really big thing for me. And I did my like twenty minute workout was my first one, and then I went and did my second twenty minute workout and I was really proud because it was two days in a row. But I didn't realize that I had my entire profile on public and at lists like what You've achieved, and it was like these fucking losers just done twenty minutes. Everybody else who was in the run was or in the cycle was like private, but I was there with my like twenty.
Speaker 3: Minutes lay list.
Speaker 7: Dude, this happens on Apple watches and Strava. People can ask to.
Speaker 3: Be friends with you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: Why would I.
Speaker 7: Ever want you to see how slowly I run a call like, I don't need your judgment.
Speaker 3: I'm judging myself enough. I don't need for people to be able to see my exercise habits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like David in the UK doesn't need to know that I cycled for twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Stick off, David, I mean.
Speaker 1: Laura, I'm going to go against the grain here. I think twenty minutes on the pelotony's a flex thank you. I'm only clock in twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Does it count how many times you get to pull? No, I'm really into it.
Speaker 1: I can't pause because if you can pause, but once you go and you go on your feed as strapped in on the it's like a proper cycle. I feel like a boss. I feel like I'm like a proper cycle person. But it's like once the motion, the forward motion is going, there's no stopping but.
Speaker 3: Motion in the ocean. No see. I need this, I need this.
Speaker 2: I need to have something that keeps me so accountable that it straps me and otherwise, if there's ever an excuse to stop, I will stop.
Speaker 7: I'm properly convinced that the only people who share their health data are the people at like the crems of La Chreme. They know they're fucking killing it. It's a flex.
Speaker 3: It's not David's accountable.
Speaker 7: It's the people who run four minute kilometers and they just want to show people.
Speaker 3: But that's fine. I don't think you need to be sharing your palot on workouts with everyone. Put on private, put on private. I did. It took me a while to figure out how to though.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you know that we never finish a Tuesday episode without our suck and our sweet, our highlight and our low light of the week. Pretty Huckley, what is your sucky duck apart from running over a bird?
Speaker 3: That's it, my suck killed bird. Can you say the same suck? You can? And you've done this for four years.
Speaker 2: When that is the biggest worst thing of my week, I'm one hundred percent doubling down on it, like I killed an animal and it left me traumatized and it's my suck.
Speaker 3: Yep. My sweet was just that I went and saw my family.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen all my family in Asia, so I had just a really wholesome family weekend and caught up with some old friends, like just a weekend that I don't really do very often. I feel like I'm all just work, work, work, alone, alone, alone, Like I just chill my own all the time. And that's not a complaint, but like that's my wind down, you know. And then I really thought, Okay, I've got to stop putting my solitude and my love of solitude before actually catching up with the people that matter, which is actually perfect timing for the episode that we have tomorrow, which is with Dodtor Ali Walker. Now, I've had a Ali Walker on the podcast before if that name rings a bearl and we spoke to her about Connection because she's a Connection specialist.
Speaker 2: And you guys loved her as much as we did. So we've got her back and we're talking about exactly that solitude loneliness in particular young people tied to this time of year because it's a hard time of year coming into the Christmas holidays. Well, we really felt that it was the perfect time to kind of re explore this topic, Dear of Loneliness. And you know, during a time of year where everyone is told to be happy because it's Christmas and there's all these amazing things to look forward to. But if there is a gap between how you're feeling and what you're supposed to be feeling i E.
Speaker 3: Jolly, i E.
Speaker 2: Christmas, then it can make you feel even more lonely, and it can exacerbate those feelings of the things you don't have in your life, especially and I know we've spoken about it in past years, but especially for people who are single, who want to be in relationships and they're going to family gatherings and everyone seems to be in a relationship, but can really highlight those moments in life as well.
Speaker 3: So that is coming out tomorrow. It is a great episode.
Speaker 2: And then for My Suck and Sweet for the Week, My Suck for the Week, So Marley's become really obsessed with this baby doll, like obsessed with this baby doll, she carries it everywhere.
Speaker 3: She's a mum.
Speaker 2: She's not very good mum because she's not particularly gentle with the baby doll. But it is an uncomfortably realistic looking newborn baby doll, Like it looks like a when a very fresh newborn comes out. It's got that like really squished newborn babyface. Anyway, my suck is that she now insists on taking it everywhere. That includes to the beach. So she took it to the beach with her yesterday and she dragged this baby doll around the kid's pool by its foot. She threw it into the ocean. The amount of people who stopped and looked at us like we were just well, there was so many double takes, so many double takes, but you can't get it off her, and it just seems so inappropriate to have it in that space. So this is my juggle, is trying to explain to Mali while that that's not necessarily the best thing to do.
Speaker 3: It's not a big suck, but it is very very very awkward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you only do you need to explain that one if it's that realistic and you're at a kiddy pool with other kids and kids. I think you need to explain that one, which we tried, but then it ended up in her having a full Stage five meltdown at the Bondeau public pools and I was like, I just can't deal with this right now.
Speaker 3: It's not the hill I'm going to die on today.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what you got to do is when they're asleep, you take the toy and you hide it, put it in the bin, and that's how you get rid of things. And then you say that the toy fairy came and took it away. Say I think I'm doing some damage to my children.
Speaker 3: Not sure.
Speaker 2: Anyway, My sweet for the week is you know how I talked about my laptop last week and how it was absolutely eft and it went swimming in my handbag and it was all over. And then I bought myself a new laptop. Guess what it came Bachelor. The rice worked and if you've ever been curious rice, Matt put it in a box full of rice for two days, and on the third day it rose again.
Speaker 3: Did he put the rice over the keyboards and stuff completely?
Speaker 2: He opened it and he completely encased it in rice and it fully dried out. And now it's working, and I just feel like Rice is the savior for everything. If you're life, anything in your life is going wrong, I think we just pop it in Rice from now on. I don't know about that break up Rice, Rice, Yeah, absolutely, you got a cold. Go sit in some Rice having a mental breakdown, Go sit in some Rice. It's gonna make everything better. Why do you think it's been such a core part of Asian culture for so long?
Speaker 3: They know what they're doing. Please, Rice, do not listen to Laura's health advice. Broke down. Wait wait, wait, you hurt yourself?
Speaker 2: Rice, rest Ice compression elevation see literally faces ever literally eat us us.
Speaker 3: You don't eat Rice anyway. Thank you guys for listening to this episode. That is it from us.
Speaker 2: Guys. If you love the app, jump on to Instagram, j I'm onto Apple podcast reviews.
Speaker 3: You can follow us at Life un Cup Podcast. We also have a TikTok. We've got all the things, and you know the drill.
Speaker 2: Tell you mum, pay dad, tell you dot, tell your friends and share I love because we love Love