Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order Kerney Whaltbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello and welcome. Just She's on the Money the podcast and millennials who want financial freedom this new year?
Speaker 2: Are you excited about that part? Today? My friends, it is Friday.
Speaker 4: Beck is still broken and it is time to get our team together to celebrate you, our incredible She's on the Money community. Today, mister Grigi is going to be sharing our best money wins and confessions from twenty twenty four. Miss Beck say ed, have you got some hot broke tips to lead us into a very successful twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: I do you've better?
Speaker 4: No pressure, and we're going to be helping to answer a juicy money dilemma, which this week is all about sorting out your credit history. Good time to do it at the start of the year, I reckon, It's almost like I picked that one out specifically, and we're going to unpack something that you slid into our DMS. About this week, we're talking about birthday gifts in relationships, and I feel like now's the time to talk about presents, given we've just come out of what I would argue is the silliest season of gift giving of all. But before we get there, Happy New Year, Happy New Year, Happy guys.
Speaker 2: It's fresh, it's fun, it's funky. Jess, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good. I love a new year, New me vibe like.
Speaker 6: I am a big goal person, so I think it's it's always so good for me. I like every year in January, I redo my budget. I like have a list that I keep in my notes up on my phone of all my goals that I had for theater. So I review what I did in twenty twenty three, do I what am I aiming for in twenty twenty four. So I'm just like I'm feeling very like organized and refreshed and rejuvenated. And I know that you don't need to wait for a new year to do any of that stuff. But I always get a little extra motivation, you know, so I try and grab onto it and like use it to do something productive.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's good for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about you, guys?
Speaker 7: Well I'll go first. I am still broken. I almost got my voice back, but partied a little bit too hard.
Speaker 2: News Eve is so ry.
Speaker 7: Here we are, but no, I feel really good. I also feel so motivated. Yeah, to change things up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are we changing up?
Speaker 5: Back?
Speaker 7: Obviously I talk about this a lot, but I am going to go to the gym more now, more than ever, and I'm going to go harder, and I'm gonna go faster.
Speaker 4: We're going to go faster, but a better faster.
Speaker 2: Stronger, stronger what.
Speaker 4: Song I was referencing? But okay, all good? No, never thinking of this year, not not ever. He's my Roman Empire, Empire.
Speaker 5: Year.
Speaker 7: But no, it's been really good and happen to you guys. How about you?
Speaker 2: The best week ever?
Speaker 4: I have been polishing of all about your best year yet?
Speaker 2: Content?
Speaker 4: Because today it is Friday, the fifth of January, which means the course dropped.
Speaker 2: It means enrollments are now officially open.
Speaker 4: We did a whole lead up to pre enrollment, and I feel like last year for me, not for Jest. I do apologize she fluttered her house like three times, just it was not just this year, but this year is just this year. But I had a really productive year last year, and I do think it all comes down to how I set my goals and how I followed that up, and like I had arguably a pretty awful twenty twenty three, or like start of twenty twenty three went through a whole heap of stuff. We won't recap it now. However, I still managed to tick off I would say, ninety nine percent of the goals on my goal list, and I was so proud of it and obviously wanted to do that again this year, but decided to share it with the community. So I'm running your Best Year Yet kind of workshop sessions, which I think will be really exciting because.
Speaker 2: It's not necessarily like finance based.
Speaker 4: You definitely can apply it to finance, but more about general goal setting and smashing it out of the park and actually setting realistic goals that are for you not necessarily something that you're not going to be able to upkeeping and keep changed. It's also about like actually facilitating that change, because like it's one thing, jess as you know, to set a goal, but it's another thing to actually facilitate it. And it's kind of like all my favorite tools and resources, how to use them or what that actually looks like because as a little ADHD girly, it's not just for people with ADHD. Honestly, I feel like if you had all the tools an ADHD person users, you'd thrive. But it's all the tools to make sure that happens as well, which I'm just honestly super stoked about because it's another opportunity for me to interact with our community, which is my favorite. So it's not too late. We will put all of the information that you need in the show notes. It's a subtle plug, but it's honestly what I'm excited about this week.
Speaker 2: Guys like love that. I'm just the branding's so cute. The team did a killer job, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just really excited about that. And yeah, just New Year knew us there's going to.
Speaker 2: Be a new baby.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 4: That's very exciting, exciting, so fun. So how about we get into the episode mis just grichy, what money wins and confessions you bring into the table this fresh, fresh year.
Speaker 6: First one I've got this week is from Maddie, who said, money win thanks to the seven eleven fuel lock, I filled up today and saved almost fifteen dollars.
Speaker 4: I did that the other day and saved like nineteen. So one I win, but to Eugenius, I love it.
Speaker 6: Next, I've got one from Murphy, who said, each week in term four, my daughter gets one dollar to buy an icy pole at school. Eventually she told me that she doesn't actually get an icy pole because she can have one at home and she saves her money instead.
Speaker 2: She doesn't how wholesome.
Speaker 6: She used a portion of her savings to buy herself and her friends flashing Santa hats for her school disco.
Speaker 4: I've sat prout, very cute, are iconic. She's like little She's on the money, bubby.
Speaker 6: I know, I am obsessed with her. Then we've got a win from Kirsten, who said, we did our garden a few months ago and I'm finally starting to see the results. We've saved around fifteen dollars in cucumbers and have so many more and considering I eat them like apples. This is a huge win when they cost three dollars each.
Speaker 2: A cucumber like an apple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crazy, I get that photo for beautiful bad.
Speaker 4: Then I would want to like dip it in salt. Yeah, like a lot of gas or something has no salt.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's just salt.
Speaker 4: Makes me I would like to dip it in salt. I feel like that's weird, just as like I'm gonna use it as an actual like crude Ie.
Speaker 6: I get that a vehicle for Hummus, a vehicle that's just smarter than everybody at the stable. Next, I've got to win from Sophie who said I ummed an ard about getting this bag in store from Kmart that was marked at twelve dollars and came in my favorite color.
Speaker 2: I got to the.
Speaker 5: Checkout and it scanned at six.
Speaker 7: No, it didn't.
Speaker 5: It was the only color that was on sale. Money win.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 4: I love when you like finally commit to a financial decision.
Speaker 2: You're like yeah, like I'll do it.
Speaker 4: I deserve it, and you've like justified that twelve bucks. Then you come up and it's SICKX and you're like, was meant to be?
Speaker 2: I do deserve this.
Speaker 6: The universe has your back. Angie said she just paid off her personal loan.
Speaker 2: Oh congrats, what a time to do it. New Year, one dred so personal loan.
Speaker 6: She's now focusing on paying off and deleting her zippay and then she'll officially be consumer debt free.
Speaker 4: This year is your year, my love, Go Angie go.
Speaker 6: And then lastly, Montana said, I'm self employed and I had a whopping fourteen hundred dollars in overdue payments that I chased up today. All the clients paid. As I survived without money for the last three weeks. I've decided to pay all of my January bills and pop the rest into savings. A nice little top up there for the savings account.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 4: That is very cool.
Speaker 6: Self employed struggle, chase up your invoices, don't leave it too long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's everything that I've got this week.
Speaker 4: You know what I feel like, that's a very good start to the year. Miss jessic Ricci, good job.
Speaker 5: Well down everyone, love the Miss Becks.
Speaker 4: I ed, we're back with broke tips. What have you got?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: So as usual, I have two from the community, one from myself. First one comes from Sam, who says, cut or tear things into smaller pieces, sponges, magic erasers.
Speaker 5: The magic I love a magic eraser.
Speaker 2: I love a magic eraser.
Speaker 7: And this will elongate usage, so it does end up saving your money in the long run. Might be a little bit inconvenient, but honestly, I think it's a great idea, and you don't often need such big pieces.
Speaker 2: So true for a sponge especially.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: What else if you got back? Next one is from Prea hypri is such a pretty name.
Speaker 7: I love the name Preyer. She says, save veggie scraps and invest time and energy into growing your own fruits and vegetables, just like your money win from before. It ends up saving you so much money. I've gotten eggplants, chili's, all these things from.
Speaker 2: Kill it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so much.
Speaker 2: It's good for you.
Speaker 4: Mine will become compost, which is also really good for the environment.
Speaker 7: So you welcome absolutely. My bro tip is something that I've tried to do. I wasn't smart enough, not smart enough.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say that, but you didn't know yet.
Speaker 7: I didn't know yet.
Speaker 5: There you go, good one.
Speaker 7: One of my friends does transcribing and surveys, which is also something you mentioned last week. Yes, makes a couple hundred dollars a week.
Speaker 5: That's so Smart's awesome.
Speaker 7: So if you have the time, if you have the energy, if you just want to stay at home.
Speaker 4: And have like a job to do on a laptop while you're on a couch enjoying the air conditioning at this time of year, totally, that's so smart. Another like, I guess tip to add to that, I do apologize back to get into transcribing is like sign up for air task or like fiver, yes, because that's where people advertise those jobs, and if you get good at them and you get quick at them, you can actually make a favorite of bank. Like I've got a girlfriend who does like transcribing, and I didn't know what was the thing because last year Jess and I sat down and we said it would be really great to have a bank of all of our episode transcriptions, which we've obviously never done before but want to make a priority of. But it's really hard because there are like five hundred plus episodes of Sheese on the Money, and we're like, all right, what we'll do is find some AI tool where you plug in the audio and spit out, you know, the transcription. It doesn't work that well, it's not that accurate, and when it comes to finance, it needs to be accurate. Back like, there's no option. So we've been slowly tracking through manually getting it done. And I won't call it expensive because people are getting paid what they work. But when it's five hundred episodes, that has really added up for us, no complaints, really important to us. But at the same time, you could be the person making bank in that circumstance, you know, like transcribing podcasts, transcribing people's voice notes, transcribing literally anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, meeting notes or something meeting notes.
Speaker 7: And the same time, genius, I could be transcribing while we talk today to save me sometime. Does that makes sense because you're saying I could be.
Speaker 4: Transit Yeah, you could, but you dood all too much on your papers, So I really don't think that I would trust your Transcriptionspeck. As much as I love you, like, there are too many flowers and love hearts and like squiggles and stuff on your page for me to think, Wow, Beck's really been paying a lot of attention to the comments that just and I make.
Speaker 7: Mes really been paying attention to. I've been writing all of that down all.
Speaker 4: Right now, she's transcribing so much money. Just on transcribing this episode, adore, good work back. Let's go to a really quick break on the flip side. We're gonna be talking about sorting out your credit card history, which I think is genius at this point in the year.
Speaker 2: Get it done early. Let's start a plan.
Speaker 4: And then we're gonna be talking about something you slid into our dams about and its birthday gifts in relationships and I have always struggled with this one, so guys, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, everybody. Let's take a listen to the very first money dilemma of.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Hi, there, have you got a money dilemma you just can't solve? The She's on the Money team is here to help. Every week we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a short voice recording and you might just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to this Week's money dilemma.
Speaker 8: Ladies, I need your help. I have completely ruined my credit history. I got sick earlier in the year and I didn't stay on top of my loan payments for a personal loan. The personal loan is now six months in arrears, and my car loan is currently two thousand dollars in arrears. The personal loan is the more serious one, but my credit score has dropped from seven fifty to two hundred from doing this. We're currently paying over eight hundred dollars per week in arrears fees alone. What would your recommendation be As we're trying to buy our first home again, We're trying to get ourselves out of this rut.
Speaker 4: My partner has fantastic credit history. I don't ooh, this is a sticky one, but it also just goes to show how quickly things can change. Yeah, she went from being absolutely fine, having a good credit history, probably having very good health, and completely backwards from getting sick. And I just really empathize with that situation, because no one goes into personal debt to go you know what, I'm just gonna get this debt, Jess, and the I'm not going to pay it off. That's such a good idea, Like, no one does that. No one goes and gets a loan that they think is just more than they can swallow, Like we will justify it and say, oh no, that's fine, Like I'm going to get that loan for that not paid off, or I'll get that car and you know it'll only be.
Speaker 2: X per month.
Speaker 4: And this is where it's just so important to avoid personal debt honestly at all costs, because we never know when the world is going to change. The first thing I would do, honestly in your circumstance is call up our friends at the National Debt Helpline. They are amazing, will put all of the information into the show notes. They are open week days from nine thirty to four thirty pm. It is free. You can also jump on their website to talk to them, so if you don't want to like pick up the phone, it's not less confrontational to do a little bit of a live chat. But fixing your credit score is going to be one essential to get you into that house you want to purchase, and that's really exciting. However, I would actually put the goal of purchasing a home completely on hold until you've sorted out your personal debt. Because I don't know a bank, and I'm trying to be as kind as possible with delivering this. I own a mortgage broken company. I don't know a bank who would lend a mortgage amount of money to someone with a credit score of two hundred. It doesn't matter too much if your partners involved, like they're gonna, I guess, view you individually, but you being part of that is going to significantly increase the risk on their behalf. But also it's going to decrease your borrowing capacity significantly as well. So obviously the best way to improve your credit score is to just adopt healthy financial habits. Chat to the guys at the National Debt Helpline. That's not me trying to do get out of jail free card of answering this question.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: It's more they are incredibly helpful and have so many tools and resources for you to lean on. The Next thing I think about is negotiating. So, like you are obviously paying so many fees in arrears, pick up the phone, call your banking institution or whoever your loan is from, and say, hey, guys, I'm really struggling. You're just piling on the arears like fees. What can we do about this so that we can both get ahead. I want to get out of debt. I want to pay you back, but right now you're making it incredibly hard. Have a good logical conversation about what they can do, and they might default. And I've seen it before and go, you know what, if you're in debt and you're so passionate about paying it off, let's just wipe the erears fees. We're going to go back to what it was before. We're going to get you to pay back your original amount each and every single month, but we will be reinstating the fees if you mess up again. And it would just be worth having those conversations. So don't forget that. Even when it's a personal loan, you can negotiate, you can pick up the phone, you can have a conversation with them. But I would really be putting I guess your foot out there and going all right, I do need to get on top of this. But I'd also be putting that home buying goal maybe at the back of the mind until all of this personal debt stuff is sorted out, because there's no way I want you to take on a mortgage if right now your financial habits aren't in tiptop shape.
Speaker 2: What do you guys, reckon?
Speaker 7: I obviously don't have advice on how to get out of this situation, but I just wanted to say I've been here before, and it's so anxiety inducing.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's really awful.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 7: The only bit of advice is to try not to mentally give up because it can be so consuming and you might just be anxious every single day, every weeking second, but just know you can get out of it and everything will be okay on the other side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also think it's adding to that back. We need to remember that being in debt does not make you a bad person. Your financial decisions and your financial circumstances do not define what makes a good or a bad human being. Your kindness, your empathy, your thoughtfulness, how you treat others, that's what defines you as a human being, not your personal finances. I have never in my life met someone who's like, oh, I wouldn't want to be friends with them because they're in debt, or I wouldn't want to be friends with them because they don't earn enough money. If anyone ever says that, that's the best red flag to be like, you don't want to be friends with them anyway, Like, ill no, get away from me. Absolutely not. So I think just remembering that this does not define you. It's something you're going through as well, not something being done to you, is a really good way of redefining going far out, I've got to get through this. This isn't happening to you because you're a bad person. This isn't happening to you. It's happening as a part of your journey. And that's okay. It's really dire and it feels bloody terrible.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Beck, Because someone who's been in significant personal financial debt, I think we all have. Like Jess, you had a credit card you've mentioned on the show before. Beck, you've literally gone bankrupt. I had a massive personal loan. You don't sleep, you don't eat properly, you get stressed, take it out on everybody around you. Like I think you need to give yourself a little bit more grace. And that's also one of the reasons why I'm like, let's just take the foot of the pedal when it comes to that property goal, because you're going to be really disappointed really quickly if you don't get on top of the personal stuff for sure. All right, let's now unpack something you slid into our DMS about this week. We're talking about birthday gifts in a relationship. Here's the DM.
Speaker 2: I got high.
Speaker 4: She's on the money. So I've been with my partner for two years now. Both of our birthdays are in June. But this year my partner didn't give me a present. I kept thinking he'll surprise me with a gift, but the day came and went with nothing. Before our birthdays this year, I mentioned money was pretty tight and maybe we should loller how much we spend on each other. He was upset by this and made a comment along the lines of you won't be able to get me anything I want with such little money, so don't bother. It turned into an argument and I ended up dropping it.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was his.
Speaker 4: Way of saying we aren't doing presents, but it certainly was not clear. He didn't even get me a card or flowers. Is he doing this out of spite for me not being able to get him something expensive? He made me feel so sad by saying I couldn't afford to buy him something he wanted. Am I wrong for feeling so upset at this? How would you guys address this conversation?
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 5: God, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming your birthdays before his birthday as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by the way that's going.
Speaker 4: It sounds like your birthday's first, and then his birthdays after. You're waiting for a gift, and now you don't know what to do. I would not be getting him anything. I would actually, you know what I would Actually, I'd give him his freedom back. I'd be like, oh, you have shown me that what you need to be as single. Here go, babe, you are welcome.
Speaker 5: Gifting is such a personal thing.
Speaker 6: I feel like this is similar to the Christmas one we had a few weeks ago, in that the concept is not inherently bad, but the delivery is atrocious because not giving each other gifts. I mean, I can't imagine a single person who didn't have something that they would enjoy for under one hundred dollars, like your favorite chocolate bar or your favorite coffee, or there are plenty of things I'm sure that he would like that are under one hundred.
Speaker 4: Bring me tea and toast in bed. Yeah, we already have the toast in the fridge and it's duht milk from the pantry.
Speaker 5: You can give me a massage every week for the next I.
Speaker 4: Don't even care what it is. It's the thought that counts as being thought of on your birthday. If that's something you celebrate.
Speaker 6: Correct, Like if you don't want to do gifts, that is fine, but that is something that one needs to be clearly articulated, and two needs to be articulated kindly, not in the way that he has spoken to her, which is quite frankly, just so disrespectful.
Speaker 2: It's disrespectful.
Speaker 4: But also imagine saying to someone you won't be able to get me anything I want with such little money, so don't bother.
Speaker 7: Yeah I hate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's really demeaning.
Speaker 7: I am so sad that I can't talk much because I have so much to say about this.
Speaker 5: But all I'm going to.
Speaker 7: Say, leave him.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 4: I will advocate for that too, beck As I said, I'll give you the gift of your freedom back.
Speaker 1: Have it.
Speaker 2: You can be single. You are welcome. Yeah, oh absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Like, no, you know what I can't afford I can't afford you, mate, I can't afford to be wasting any more time with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is awful.
Speaker 4: Is it bad that I'm so cut and dry? No, it's not.
Speaker 6: If your standards high, there's no gray here. I don't think like it's all it's terrible delivery.
Speaker 2: I think it's audacity.
Speaker 4: I also think it is so fine to say, hey, this year's been pretty tough, like, let's cut back our present budget to each other, at which point, as a supportive partner, you'd go, yeah, absolutely, that's fine. You don't even need to have shared finances to be having these conversations. It's more like, why would you want to put that pressure on your partner anyway?
Speaker 2: Like why would you want your.
Speaker 4: Partner to be stressing about your birth date? That would make me feel like if my husband bought me a present. I mean, we share finances, but let's pretend we're still dating. If my husband had brought me a present while we were dating, that I assumed put him significantly out. I would feel worse than having not got anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't want to present, Like, I really don't want to present if you can't afford it to me. It's the thought that counts, and yes, could you just like maybe make me a cup of tea and tell me that you'll give me a foot massage without any complaints for at least ten minutes. Yeah, Like that would be good.
Speaker 6: Him going out of his way to make her feel guilty shows that he doesn't really care about her feelings.
Speaker 4: And it also feels this is me just getting a little bit deeper into it, I suppose, But like, that's such a savage comment to make that I'm assuming it's not the only types of these comments that he's making. Yes, that's an awful one and it's worth discussing. But I feel like either it's a complete twist of personality and out of the blue, he's said this random thing and this is very strange and we need to talk about it, or like this is just how your partner is and maybe you haven't seen it yeah yet, because we always put some blinkers on and see the best in everybody, especially partner, especially when you've only been together for two years, like you're still in that little love bubble. I just don't think anybody should be treated like trash and expected.
Speaker 2: To put up with it.
Speaker 4: No, what did everybody else say, so, we asked the community. First thing, we said, would you be upset if your partner didn't buy your birthday present? This one surprised me. Eighty three percent of you said, yes, yeah, I get that, I get it. I totally get it. I would be upset if my partner didn't buy me a birthday present if we hadn't discussed it beforehand, because we've already for the last eight plus years, set the expectation that we gift each other things. If it was discussed, no problem. The next question we asked was, if this was you, would you take the comment of don't bother to mean let's not do presents. Sixteen percent of you said yeah, that feels clear. But that's only sixteen percent of you. Eighty four percent of you said no, it was just a passing comment. He said in a fight.
Speaker 2: Agree.
Speaker 4: The next question we asked was do you think it sounds like the partner did this out of spite? Seventy seven percent of you said sadly yes, Twenty three percent of you said no communication, he was just bad. We then asked, how do you think that this person should address this conversation with their partner? So I love the comment section, because just people are as savage as I am.
Speaker 5: People can't real spicy.
Speaker 4: This is a note for our producer. This bit can stay on the show. Can you just beep out what I say here because it's a bit rude.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't. Sounds like he's a break it off one thousand percent?
Speaker 4: Break up with this guy?
Speaker 2: Is he for real? Don't waste your breath.
Speaker 4: He's a walking red flag. Someone said, explain how you feel and listen and then both apologize what.
Speaker 5: We deal with that at all? That's one way to do it.
Speaker 4: Someone said drop him. Someone else said, break up with him. He didn't even get you a card.
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 4: The bar is on the floor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a complete lack of any like I wrote you a song or like, you know, something like some kind.
Speaker 4: My husband would divorce me before writing me a soul.
Speaker 2: I think he'd be like, absolutely not a poem.
Speaker 5: I drew you a picture like this?
Speaker 2: James does for you.
Speaker 4: No, but he writes you songs, he draws you pictures.
Speaker 6: There are so many things that he could do that don't require him to spend any money, is the point that I'm making.
Speaker 2: Someone said, I'm a psychologist.
Speaker 4: Here's my best professional advice, take the whole man and put him in the rubbish. Yes, I love to take the whole man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Someone else said, why don't you just leave their pets? Someone says make it clear and say you love receiving surprises because not everybody has the same love language. I mean, I could keep going, but I would say ninety percent of comments in our DMS were like, he ain't it he acting like a child? You don't have a son, boy bye and break up with him, which look very aggressive. Obviously you're writing into us because you want advice and you want to talk about it. I think you do need to sit down and be like, hey, I feel very hurt. And I think that that's one thing that when you're communicating with people about the circumstance that has happened, you shouldn't say you did this, Beck, you didn't get me a present, And that's rude because you're trying to tell them they've done something wrong. If you reverse engineer that circumstance and be like, hey, beck, I just felt really disappointed that I didn't get a present for my birthday, that puts the emotion back on you, and you're not calling them out for something. You're just communicating your feelings, and at the end of the day, people can argue with you saying black and white statements, but it's much harder to come back and go.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, actually I did feel disappointed, and I'd really like to talk about why. Like, you know, after our conversation, I thought were still doing presence, and I just I didn't see it coming. And one of my love languages is gift giving, so it just I felt incredibly disappointed. That's your partner's opportunity to go, oh, I didn't realize you'd be disappointed. I thought we had that conversation, you'd be like, oh, that was a really heated argument where I felt disrespected, and we can have this conversation. I think something that I have learned, much to my husband's dismay, is you can't argue with people's emotions. If I'm sharing that with you, often the response is going to be much easier for them to.
Speaker 2: Deal with because they go, oh, I'm so sorry, Jess.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize I made you feel that way, and we can have a chat about it instead of meeting like, well, Jess, you didn't get me a present.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like that's a very black and white statement, because they'll be like, yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so fair.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably where we'll leave it, because I could go on and on, but I think the last thing I'll say is no, you're worth in, then attacks no, you're worth.
Speaker 5: Do with that what you will, Yeah, do without what you will.
Speaker 4: But it has been great joining you guys for another Friday drinks, first one of twenty twenty four, many more to come, Beck, go home, get better. I'm sure you've been sick for six million years. You can't blame me because you haven't seen me any other week except for recording.
Speaker 2: But have the best week, my loves, and we will see you.
Speaker 4: Bright's earlier on Monday for another money diary. By The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and she's on the money. Are authorized representatives of money sheper pty Ltd ABN three two one is six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine