Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yor the Order Kerni Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it. She's on the Money.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, Ho ho ho. I'm sorry, v I just want to take this off.
Speaker 1: Too changing a little bit.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's too far, and I'm sorry you're trying to be festive for offensive a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: How do you feel.
Speaker 4: That's a good start? Welcome, She's on the Money, the podcast that can help you slay your holiday goals without dashing through too much cash.
Speaker 1: How long did that take you?
Speaker 4: Maybe like three and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: The holiday season is now in full swing and today we're stuffing at your stockings with our top ideas to help you add a little extra jingle to your wallet this Christmas.
Speaker 1: I do love a jingly wallet. That means you have coins that we're off for a good stack.
Speaker 4: You have some coins in there. I'm excited with me As Victoria Divine stand a little finance helper, I think you are Santa. I feel like I'm the finance.
Speaker 1: I feel like I identify differently, but whatever, that's okay. I just don't have the bed for it.
Speaker 4: Well Sands, a little finance helper is here to make sure your wallet stays merry and bright this Christmas.
Speaker 1: I love that. I can imagine. Yeah, but we always talk about Christmas budgeting in I guess terms of cutting costs and finding some deals and setting spending limits and trimming down the wish list to make this season a little bit more affordable. But one thing that I think often gets overlooked is that this season is actually a golden opportunity to make some extra cash. Beck we can make money. As the festive season ramps up, demands of all kinds increase in every area. I mean, everybody has a long list of to do things and no time to get it done, and this time of year there are a lot of people that are happy to spend on the task of outsourcing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I totally get it.
Speaker 1: So with a little bit of creativity, Beck, you could end up covering your chrissy expenses or even give yourself a little bit of a financial cushion to start the new year. So that's what today's episode is going to be all about. We're talking about holiday hustles.
Speaker 4: I love this idea because I feel like a lot of people spend, spend, spend, they're usually in the negation is by the time.
Speaker 1: We all are it is so crazy. But also, I mean side note, if you are feeling the festive pressure right now, what you're going to do and beyond listening to this episode about holiday hustles, where you're actually able to, I guess, increase how much money you're saving and earning of this period. You're going to go and create a bank account today and you're going to call it Christmas. And after Christmas, you're going to start contributing an amount of money that feels comfortable to you every single week or month to that so that you don't have to feel like this next year. So you have Christmas sorted. Because how many times does Christmas roll around back and you're like again, as though we didn't know what was coming, I know, like we knew it was coming. We did Christmas Day. You've got three hundred and sixty five days now to plan for the next Christmas. And it doesn't have to be stressful.
Speaker 4: No, And even if you have one dollar a day to put away, that's more than you would have had.
Speaker 1: If you're can have three hundred and sixty five dollars this time next year, that I can almost promise you future you is going to be like, thank God, Beg did that?
Speaker 4: Thank me so much?
Speaker 1: But also if you want to make some extra cash, that's what we're going to talk about today.
Speaker 4: All right, So what's the first tip and our holiday hustle stocking?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Are you ready for one that you probably already saw coming. I am to start off very strong, but also very predictably. I think a lot of us overlook how much cash we're actually sitting on in our own homes. The first place I would start is just by looking around your house and having a look for anything that you can chuck on Facebook, Marketplace. It's a fantastic way of freeing up some space. And making some extra cash at the same time. And from my perspective, it's a great way to declutter and make room for the new presence that you might be receiving. There such great idea. What I would do and what we're looking for selling though, is like, maybe have a think about what do people need during this holiday season? So I posted something on Instagram the other day. If you are currently thinking about decluttering for your kids, please do because items that your kids have outgrown, like maybe toy or bikes or even cubby houses can be a massive hit for someone who's looking for a save at Christmas time and being like I really want to get my kid to bike. Yes, don't wait till after Christmas to get rid of your kid's items, which I think lots of us are like, oh, I'll see what they get for Christmas and then declutter Like it kind of makes sense. But do it before Christmas so that another family can benefit from it. Yes, Like, also, I mean, this is not going to make you any money, but if there are things that you're like, I don't know, like I can afford to give this up, try and gift it away. So like give it up for free on Facebook marketplace, like I can almost guarantee it will go to a kid who was not going to get something otherwise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so true. I actually spent two hours driving someone's house just to buy a one dollar Sanda hat. You do, those fluffy ones, you can't get them two hours.
Speaker 1: This was last year. I'm just gonna say back, I have so many fluffy Santa hats. You actually can have one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll bring you because I lost it already.
Speaker 1: I don't know wear of course you did. What don't you lose?
Speaker 4: But you know that person has an extra dollar. She was like, no one's gonna buy the Santa hat.
Speaker 1: You want fluffy Santa hat? I really like on it?
Speaker 4: That first tip.
Speaker 1: Okay, so decluttering making cash if we're going to be decluttering, like what about your wardrobe? Are there any like outfits that you've worn once or twice that could be a perfect Christmas dress for someone else? Like, pop that up. You're probably never going to wear it again. Another thing I want you to do is back, what do you get for Christmas? Last year? Exactly? So we're going to put things on Facebook marketplace if we don't need them, and turn them into some extra cash because I can almost guarantee if you haven't worn it in a year, if you haven't used it any gear, you're probably not going to use it for another year.
Speaker 4: Absolutely right, Yeah, yeah, get rid of it. Don't b bit savage this year. I actually thought you were talking about how there's always coins under the couch cushions for some reason.
Speaker 1: Also check your couch couch cushions and the bottom of the washing machine, you know, the little steel around the edge. There's always two bucks in there. Don't know where it comes from because my household we don't use cash. No one uses cash. There's always cash in the washing machine. Where's it come from? Okay?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I do like that first tip a lot, decluttering making extra hash at the same time.
Speaker 1: So simple but so effective.
Speaker 4: Now once we've done this, what's next?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I feel like everyone was able to predict the Facebook Marketplace one because like the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning, back I roll over, I pick up my phone because it's probably an alarm going off that I need to stop, and then I check Facebook Marketplace. I don't not to see what's going on. I just need to see what people are listing. So you saw that coming. But what you didn't see coming? Huh? Yardwork? Okay, yeah, okay, So Christmas time is a time of year when basically everybody wants their garden looking amazing. Like you're having friends and family over, They're going to go through the front yard. You haven't weeded it for a really long time. But with how much is going on, most people don't have time to do it themselves. And here in Australia, where Christmas means warm weather and outdoor celebrations, having a tidy garden and a festive yard, I would say is a must.
Speaker 4: So you could put yourself out there.
Speaker 1: You could put yourself out there. So one of my favorite platforms is they a taskard. But you could start by letting your family and friends know that you're offering yard work services. So chuck it up on Instagram or you could check it up on Facebook. Posting on social media is going to get you out there. And I mean if you said, hey, for one hundred bucks, I'll come and clean up your yard and like mow the lawn far out, come on over today, Beck because it hasn't been done in ages. For added security and visibility. My favorite platform air tasker where you can, I guess, be covered by their insurance and also connect with clients. At this time of year, everyone's booked up, So why not join and cash in on the fact that, you know, I actually need someone who's available tomorrow because I forgot beck that I wanted my garden done by the way ken Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a great idea exactly. And you could earn like forty or fifty bucks an hour, depending on your location and the job details. Okay, do you have to be a landscaper? No, No, you can pop it up and at the end of the day you can pop in your ad. I'm just, you know, an average goal looking to do some yard work. I'm pretty good at it. Yeah, why not?
Speaker 4: It's actually a really good idea. I'm genuinely, genuinely thinking about doing that. See I think that's a good one. Okay, So after tiding up the yard and making it sparkle for all those outdoor gatherings, what's next in the holiday husehole shopping? So outside it's looking fresh, it's looking sleek. You go in your house it's a bombsite, of of course. Or maybe I'm just talking about my house because right now, my house is a bombsite. I have a baby, and not much else gets done, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: But now the outside's looking great, I think it's time to bring that energy inside. Same as yardwork. Everybody is looking for someone to help with Christmas cleaning or decluttering, and it's in massive demand at this time of year. I'm seeing all these decluttering instagrams pop off because that's the type of content I like to consume. Of course, I love watching people organize pantries, good back, but all of these people are like, hey, get in before the end of December. I only have like one or two spots left. Yeah, okay. I'm not saying that you need to be a professional at these things, and we're not putting ourselves out there as professionals, but there would be somebody who's going to, oh, my gosh, I would love just an extra set of hands that could come over, help me tidy the house, come over, help me deg clutter. Like you know when you go into someone's house and they say, oh, that cupboard all way too overwhelming, But you're like, what's the big deal Because you don't have the emotional attachment exactly, I can clean up your linen cupboard. Yes, I could organize all your sheets and towels.
Speaker 4: I feel like when we're cleaning our own houses, we get stuck on like little miscellaneous in its one hundred percent there for an hour.
Speaker 1: I can go through your pantry and look at all the expiry dates on things and make sure that your pantry is being cleared out. I can put it all in a pile and be like, Beck, this is all the stuff I think you should get rid of, and you go, yeah, okay, no worries.
Speaker 4: Yep, don't think about it, just just give it rid of it.
Speaker 1: But between everything everybody's doing over this period, who even has time to deep clean their house? And Beck, that is where you and I came Yes, exactly. It's the same as yard work. You could like tap into your social networks or sign up to air tasker, especially if you're that friend that's kind of known as being a little bit of a neat freak. But all lies on that. Yeah, we are commercializing ourselves at this time of year. Back great, you guys know I'm a neat freak. I'd love to be a neat freak in your house. Come on over, I love this. You can expect to earn between thirty and sixty bucks an hour, depending on the depth of cleaning required. Like also not that hard to pick up a few you know, cleaning items, or you can say I can do this for you, Beck, I'll come over, but you need to supply all the cleaning products in the vacuum. Then you don't even have to turn up with anything. You could just jump on the tram, go to their house, do some cleaning, get some money, make bank.
Speaker 4: Go home, oh man, and you also get to spend time with the friend you might not have been able to do exactly season. Or you could put it up on Air Tasker and get a few reviews going so that throughout the next year when cash is a little bit tight, you can be like, I'll just put another add up, or I'll reply to a few air Tasker things. That's so good.
Speaker 1: You can make literally a couple of hundred bucks in a day by doing that.
Speaker 4: And so, okay, we've gone inside, we've done outside. Everything's sparkling, clean and ready.
Speaker 1: What's okay? So this one it's not for everyone, but I've put it down anyway, if you're going away for the holidays or you have a spare bedroom, beg rent out your space. It can be a really good way of bringing in a little bit of extra cash during this festive season. I think you might be thinking, Oh, no, one's gonna want my room, Like, what are you talking about me? Like, it's not a holiday house. But with so many people traveling to visit family, there is so much demand for rentals that are going to allow guests to stay close to their family without having to book hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't mean to be rude. If you're my family, please stop listing right here. I'll give you three two one, all right. So sometimes you just don't want to stay family about the trust. Sometimes you just don't like you're happy to go over for dinner, you're happy to travel, but you want to go back to your own place.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that would be sweet. That's so truious.
Speaker 1: I would love Beck's bedroom. Yeah, like the idea that I could escape that situation, go to quote my own room, and then I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: So we're not talking like fancy, usual holiday houses. We're talking like if you have a bedroom that you could lease out this holiday season, because maybe you're going to your family's place where you don't get to rent somebody's room, right, you could rent it out, which I think it makes your homework for you, but also generate some cash for you in the short term.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm assuming that you maybe need to own or doesn't.
Speaker 1: I guess you can have You can chat with your landlord and work out what's fair and what's reasonable. You don't necessarily need to own it, so I would check your lease agreements, but you could post on social media and like sublet to a friend for a period of time. Or if you do own, you could list your place on Airbnb and stays, which honestly, it provides coverage so like insurance and stuff, and connects you with people who are looking for short term rentals. And I mean everybody who has a mortgage right now is probably thinking that their mortgage is feeling a little bit tight around their next.
Speaker 4: So this could take some pressure off. Yeah, great call exactly. Idea of printing out like a room or your house. It's such a clever way to make use of your space, exactly. And I mean it's going to vary, like if you so stupidly regional and it's just a sharehouse. And all of that, you're probably not making as much, but from my research, it could typically earn anywhere from like one hundred bucks to like four hundred dollars a night, especially during peak time. Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Especially imagine if you have like a really good rental but like in a really great location, so you're like Christmas time come at me. I have a friend who actually rents her house out, so she lives down where we go on holidays bed and she goes and stays with her parents and rents her whole house out for the Christmas New Years period.
Speaker 4: It's so clever because.
Speaker 1: She leases it for like two grand a week. This is not a house with a pool, It is not anything fancy. It's just in this holiday location that someone usually last minute books because they're like, oh my gosh, I don't have any other option. That sounds really bad. But also she puts that towards a mortgage, and you know what, we're all just doing the best that we can beg We're all just out here trying to live exactly live okay, with everyone heading out of town. That's a really really good idea. But there's another huge holiday hustle to take advantage of there is, So without further ado, we're gonna take a very quick break, okay, and when we come back, we're going to dive into another holiday hustle that lets you cash in on the holiday travel season without even leaving your own neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Okay, welcome back everyone. Before the break, we were talking about renting out a room or your whole place for some extra holiday cash. But you'd rather stay local while still making money off the holiday travel rush. We've got just the thing, all right, are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready? Oh this is my favorite one. Pet sitting and house sitting.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Do you know who goes away during Christmas periods?
Speaker 4: Everyone and the rich people? Oh, rich people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like do you know whose house they want to houseit over? The gr rich people? Yeah? Because do you know what they leave their Netflix logged in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like they usually have foxtail.
Speaker 4: Yes, they might have a pool.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not going to take advantage of that, but I want to do my cross ditch beside your pool.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't hate it.
Speaker 1: And I can't take advantage of this because I am the person with the pets, so I can't go house sit for somebody else, which is very disappointing because I think this is a really good side hustle. But there are so many people right now who are planning to travel over the holidays, and because of that, pet and house sitting are both in high demand. People want to make sure that their homes and their furry family members are looked after. But with some of the hustle and bustle beck, it's actually relatively hard to find somebody who's reliable. And that's where you get to come in. So how do you even get started? First thing I do is again social media if you have it. We're not talking like you need thousands of followers for this, right because like you just need one person. And do you know who I would trust with my pets before going online? A friend or a family member or somebody in my inner circle. In fact, I know this sounds a late and maybe this is just me being really dangerous, but like I've seen a girl Amy. I just follow her because her content was cool. I knew she lived in Melbourne, like she was a she's on the money follower. Anyway, she followed me. I followed her and she posted on her Instagram stories one day that she does pet sitting and I screenshot it, and then when I went away earlier this year back, I literally messaged her on Instagram and I was like, I know this is a bit weird and I've never met you before, but I like your vibe. I like what you're up to. I saw that you posted that you did pet sitting. Would you do it again? And so Henry and Bailey and Lucy had Amy for that period and they loved her. That's really good. Like that's who I felt really comfortable with because sure she always posts pictures of people's cats, and I'm like, you're my people, you know. But if you don't have somebody that you know that you could house sit for, you could post in local Facebook groups. So like, if your suburb has a Facebook group, join it and post and say, hey, guys, I'm looking to house sit or pet sit over that period of time really helps. If you post pictures of yourself. It really helps. If you post pictures of pets that you've looked after, and like even just being like, hey, I could provide a review from my mate beck who I've pets it for before, and that makes me feel a little bit more secure. Or you could join a trusted platform. So I have also used a platform called mad Pause before. Yes, so when I was really hamstrung and I couldn't find someone because like, to me, I'm crazy, I'm a crazy pet mum. Like, don't get me wrong, I would not go on a holiday before putting my pets into like a cattery or something like that. It's just not happening. So I went on Mad Pause and I was matched with a house sitter that had really good reviews. Or there's another website. I haven't used it, but I've heard it's really good called Trusted house Sitters for house sitting, and it helps you connect with clients who might be outside your immediate network, which is kind of cool. And on those platforms like Mad Pause and Trusted house Sitters, they usually require a police check and references. Okay, so that's really cool. But if you're just doing it, you can just apply. I think it's like forty seven dollars to do a police check, but I would do that as well. Like can imagine if some rando online was like, oh, I can you know pet sit for you? And I have a police check, feel a lot safer and bonus if you're a house sitting for somebody. You could hack it, you could rent out your bedroom.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, yeah, if it's in the same area exactly, really changing that much. I'm not traveling anywhere.
Speaker 1: I just get money.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's a great idea.
Speaker 1: And do you know what, Yeah, I think that pet sitting like I would probably do it for free. But rates typically range anywhere from like thirty to seventy dollars a day, depending on the level of care and location. So like, if you offer your pet sitting services, it might be seventy dollars a day because you need to sleep over at the house to look after these pets. Or you could also upsell them and be like I could take your dog on an hour walk a day for an extra fifteen to thirty dollars. Huh, there you go. Exactly one's getting paid for.
Speaker 4: You're getting one hundred bucks a day, exactly.
Speaker 1: We are rolling in it, and most people go away for at least a week, So that's seven hundred bucks you didn't have before. And then how sitting you could expect about the same between thirty to seventy dollars a night with higher rates. If there are heaps of different responsibilities.
Speaker 4: Sure, okay, pet and housing are great for holiday travelers, but that's not the only way to help busy people this holiday season. What else can we jump onto.
Speaker 1: You could run people's errands also, like so many people have to do lists that are super long, lots of people just don't have the time to handle it all. And that, my friend, is where you come in. I'm assuming again, if somebody put their hand up and said, oh, I can do that for you, you be like, oh my gosh, a weight off my shoulders. Someone's willing to pay for it in that case, So becoming an erran runner could be a fantastic way to earn some extra holiday cash, which can help people tick off their holiday checklist. You're helping them be less stressed, but then also you're making some extra cash. So again, you could do social media, but air task I Reckon is a good way for this, so you can connect with people who need errands done really quickly. There's also a platform called Zoom to You, so ZM the number two and then the letter you. They're really good, so zoom to you. Sherpa is another one. Go People are delivery service platforms that connect independent couriers so anyone who's like, I've got a car, or I can do this with customers who need same day or on demand deliveries. So oh my gosh, I don't own a car. I need to get the bike from Target to my house. They pop the job up there. You could do it, easy done, easy done right. Some of these allow you to earn extra money for the last minute deliveries, and even like Uber allows you to select just delivery services only these days, so like, you don't have to sign up to Uber and have people in your car. You can sign up to Uber, which also, by the way, drops the car that you need. So, like, if you have thought about doing Uber and you're like, oh, I checked the requirements and my car's not new enough, Yeah, you could be delivery driver. Cool, well you're not having people in your car. But if you're going to sign up as like an independent contractor on delivery platforms, I need you to make sure that you actually read the terms and conditions carefully because each platform might have like different requirements. So for example, if you sign up to Uber, they aren't just going to pay into your account and wham bam, you don't think about it again. You're going to need to have an ABN. So you need to set up an ABN because in order for you to operate legally, they need you to process your own tax and super and whatnot. And you also need to understand your I guess responsibilities when it comes to like insurance and liability and tax obligations and all of these are going to be your responsibility as an independent contractor if that makes sense, Yeah, definitely, yeah, So just thinking about it, because I've written this long list of like what you could do. You could offer like grocery shopping. I know that grocery shopping is something that you could be like, but I could get calls online or whatever you could. But are they going to pick the right bananas exactly? Are they going to go and go to like your list of different like places. So like for me my Christmas grocery shopping, I go to calls, I go to audi and I have different things. Imagine if you wrote a list and then someone else went and did.
Speaker 4: It totally, and you know when they replace the item because it's out of stuff?
Speaker 1: What is that about?
Speaker 4: Some sometimes you get the most rogue thing ever.
Speaker 1: You actually do, and I mean the other day, get this, so I was really lazy the other day. Steve was away and I was at home on my own, and I realized I was almost out of baby formula, and I was like, fantastic, I'm going to order it on oubriots. Turned out it was much more expensive, but I was like, Okay, that's the price I'm paying to leave my baby napping because it took six years to get him to not course. And I was like, and I'm not going out, Like I just can't mentally do it. I don't really order formula on ubroots. And so Harvey is eight months old, so I ordered the like six to twelve month old formula. Turns out they didn't have it, so instead of replacing it or calling me or doing anything, they just like swapped it for the three year old for me. So I paid forty seven dollars to have a tin of formula that I cannot use for my child delivered to my door. No, well, maybe I looked at it. I looked at it, yeah, and I was like, what do I do with this because I can't use it. Also, I didn't even know that three year olds still used formula, so I checked the expiry date it would expire before my son is three. No, I don't even use it ever. That sucks, don't worry. I did take it back to Cohle's and told them what had happened, and turns out their product was actually in stock and they just let me swap it, which was very kind. So I fixed it.
Speaker 4: But also, ah, did you get delivery feedback or anything?
Speaker 1: I gave them five stars. They did the best they could, I suppose, So beck that's my side story about Uber eats and how that didn't work out for me, And if I had hired someone independently that would have worked out, I think. But also gift pickups, gift delivery service, like postal service right now, isn't reliable. Maybe you need to get something across the city, returns and exchanges. No one wants to do that themselves, truly, don't. You could put it online and say that you're happy to do that and picking up. Event supplies are always in high demand. Do you know how many Christmas parties are happening right now for companies who are like, oh my gosh, how do we get all these candles to the venue? So true, you can do it. You can do it.
Speaker 4: You could be a woman with a van, check a podcast done, go for the drive.
Speaker 1: No one you could listen to, but typically Beck, you could earn between twenty and fifty bucks per delivery.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: That's a good deal, depending on obviously travel time and complexity and what do you want to charge for your time. Let's be honest. I reckon offering an errand service during the holidays. It lets you help others make the season a little less stressful while you're earning some extra cash. I think it's a good deal. Plus, with the right approach, you could turn these short term gigs into some repeat clients year round. Yeah. That's so. Once they've got your number, you can be like, oh, if there's anything that pops up during the year, you let me know.
Speaker 4: Little burths of cash every now and then, couldn't he sligh? Yeah, great idea, Thank you, you're so welcome.
Speaker 1: I have one more for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I was going to say, is there one tiny, little one more?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I hate? Flat packs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hate.
Speaker 4: I see where you're going.
Speaker 1: We know that the holiday season is hectic and parents are often doing their own groceries because they didn't know you offer a delivery service, and they're doing their own errands because they didn't know that you could do it for them. And they are shopping and they are cooking, and they are planning family events. They didn't put the bike together, No for little Johnny.
Speaker 4: Flat pack galore this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so many. But you know what, that's where you're going to step into your job as gift assembler. Oh my god, that's and you're going to take a huge task off their hand and they're going to pay you to do it. Great. Also, there are some people in this world who were really good at flat pack. My best friend Harriet flat pack queen. Oh I bet I'm going to do it. I'll end up divorced.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't say it's because I'm probably going to try and get into this, but I'm really bad at it, but I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so satisfying. Also, like, can't be that hard. Men do it all the time.
Speaker 4: It can't be that hard.
Speaker 1: That hard exactly, So you could spread the word on social media, letting parents or people in your I guess network know that you're able to handle those tricky or time consuming gift assemblies. How many of us are like, oh my gosh, scrambling at the last minute, being like I'm hosting Christmas and I don't have enough chess. Do you know what, not only will I pick them up for you, I'll assemble them. Absolutely, I got you. So you could join platforms like air Taska again to help connect you with busy families. You could put an ad on Facebook marketplace like. There are lots of places that you could do this because I can almost guarantee that there are a lot of people who need a lot of things assembled before Christmas Day. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. And I looked at air Taska, Beck, do you know you could earn between eighty five to one hundred and eighty bucks per assembly job? Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, beef, real people are paying this, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And these are all jobs that you could do that literally require I will say, like skill, yes, like you don't need a degree, Like you could just put your hand up and be like, I'm a pretty handy person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: I'll do that. That's absolutely fine.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is so great. I did not realize that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway. That is a lot of money that you could be making that otherwise somebody else is going to.
Speaker 4: Make Yeah, there actually are a few of these that I'm going to start doing.
Speaker 1: I feel like all of them. I feel like you probably expected me to be like passive income or get a Christmas casual job, but that's not I feel like sometimes to make some money you actually have to move your butt. You actually have to put your hands in there and get them a little bit dirty and do some work. But like it pays off literally totally.
Speaker 4: I mean if you're able to exactly, yeah, I'm going to give that a go. I feel like that's a wrap on our holiday hustle ideas, which is great.
Speaker 1: I honestly, we did a good job.
Speaker 4: That was fantastic. There's so many good tips.
Speaker 1: You could tidy someone's garden, you could put their pre leaves together, you could turn your spare room into someone's holiday getaway. Honestly, there's a way for everyone to cash in on the holiday spirit.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and maybe even fund a little festive fun for yourself.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: That's great, Okay, And if you want to maybe.
Speaker 1: Give Shees the money a little gift this Christmas, which you do, it's very easy. It is also free for you. What are they going to do.
Speaker 4: They're just going to hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that it's not hard, and subscribing actually helps us bring you the content that you love, and it helps us reach more listeners who could use a little bit of I don't know money magic this season so true.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys so much for tuning in, and may your holiday season be mery, bright, and just a little bit more profitable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only wish I've got for you this season. Make money, get Christmas great. See you lady guys, Bye guys. The ad by shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and Sheese on the Money are authorized representatives of Money sherper P T y lt D A b N three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFS L four five one two eight nine