Speaker 1: Christian, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks got on showtime, A.
Speaker 3: Look at this clean arm?
Speaker 4: Fatch yourself to me, Nna host petrified I'd end up rotting in a prison.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Melvin's Gold four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey coome on Its to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Nice to be back, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 3: Post, Good morning Christian. Doesn't it feel like we're in the movie The Hangover? And since your party or your wife's fiftieth on Saturday night, everybody's just starting to wake up. You wreck your back. The house is trash. Patrina Jones has tons of liners.
Speaker 2: She stood off that party killed the show. Two thirds of the shows he wipes out with a party round at mine on Saturday night. And the thing you need to know is it was a proper house party. You no often you go around to people's houses and it's it's a kind of everyone's quite well behaved and it's full of just crunching small talk. There was something in the atmosphere Saturday night, and I don't know whether it was because everyone had dressed up as a dead celebrity s it's a bit easier to lose yourself. Yeh as a character that it's none that's awful. How do you know, Christian, No, Sarah hang kindly shown and then you go to kids goes to school, it was, oh, there's another Freddy over there. Oh, you've comers right, And so it was a nice breaker straight away. And then for drinking, I mean there was a lot of alcohol there. We spent a lot of money on making sure there's nothing worse at a house party. If you aren't going to invite people around, you've got to make sure there's enough booze. And we'd made these cocktails cosmopolitans. When you make homemade cocktails, it's not exactly behind the bar industrial measures. You don't know, always pouring more in. How many times have you had a terrible night drink in someone's homemade punch or sangria where you could just smell the vapors before you even taste it, like boost just coming through the air.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys, have enough booze still at your house. I imagine to have another party for the every night for the rest of the year. You had so much.
Speaker 2: I'll say this now too much, and too much means too much temptation. I'm talking about black zambuka. Three bottles of that, three bottles of that was seen off Champagne cocktails, cousin Wauntons, then the beer, then the wine. The house is wrecked. I mean like like our kids had had a party. Yeah, absolutely trash.
Speaker 3: Well I did turn it. It turned into like the college party you had seen in American film.
Speaker 2: It really mad because at one point, around about sort of half ten, Chris Patsy's husband, who is a wild man, I mean, he literally transformed into Frank the Tank from Old School, right. He goes, at one point, do you want me to should we start doing beer bongs now? And I don't know why. I went to look at my watch and where am I watch? Like, I don't even know why we looking at watchin I've got an eleven o'clock appointment. I've got a half an hour. Can we do it now? Otherwise not at all? So I said, I haven't actually bought one. I just said that to Patsy is a joke. He goes, all I need is a length of hose. I went, well, we've just had the garden turfed. We need the hose. I need to water every week and he said, I'll buy you a new hose. I went okay, so we got He says, I need some scissors. So we had to go around the side of my house and the rest of the party is carrying on indoors, right, and it's a bit damp and wet on Sunday night, so there's rain coming down. I'm there with Chris, who's supposed to be Dean Martin. I'm supposed to be Prince, but look more like Captain Hook. I look nothing like Prince. You could grab an average guy in the street that that person would look more like Prince than I did. So we're down the side the house with a pair of kitchen scissors. I don't know if you've ever tried to cut a thick, kinkless Bunning's hose with a pair of kitchen scissors. It took forever, and you had to cut it twice, so we needed like he took it really seriously. Then then Chris took his jacket off.
Speaker 3: Yes that's when he got serious.
Speaker 2: Yes, he got serious. And there was always that very confident kid at school, right that ran everything right. That suddenly was Chris. And they always had an assistant, didn't they like a henchman. And that was my big mate Brett, who's from Queensland. And I said, hey, listen, I'm not sure how these beer bongs work. But this is Chris. He's comings Dean Martin. This is Brett. He's come as a kind of Michael Hutchins, but doesn't look anything. He didn't look nothing like Harts if he was still alive now and had been homeless for ten years.
Speaker 3: He looked like Howdstern.
Speaker 2: So he then became Chris's henchman. And then one of them was on a chair. And how is the entertained? Are we? That people started to come out into the garden to see watch guys doing beer.
Speaker 3: Bong attracted the whole party. Then the whole party it shifted to a new gear and then moved out onto the deck, where one by one everybody did a beer bong. No one planned to have done them on the night.
Speaker 2: No imagine if I said to my wife, look, I know you don't like the coffin idea being there too, What about beer bongs You've got? That is awful, Chris. That is really crass and cheap. People aren't going to do the grown ups Chris. The professional people. They're not going to be queuing up to do beer bongs and then cheering on other people doing beer bolly.
Speaker 3: Yep, my wife has footage on her phone on Sarah O'Connell doing a beer box.
Speaker 2: It was not also a good look for Audrey Hepburn a beer bong as well. It's disrespectful.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Full disclame as well. I am this morning on very very strong, industrial strength painkillers, so if the show is a little bit sketch at times, I want to apologize. Now, just remember I am high right now on very very strong painkillers. It took me five minutes just to get into producer Brad's car today and getting out was a mammoth effort as well. But the drugs are helping. Now. What do you think is on Friday's show, we were asking listeners' ideas for the songs from my playlist, okay, and I'd hide in speakers for the music, and I was very pleased to see that everyone danced all night in the in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Top compliments definitely to the playlist and to the main curator, which was you because it is it's no easy fee to keep everybody on the den floor for a whole night. Usually comes and goes in waves. But to your credit, everybody was there pretty much one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 2: And I just want to I wouldst to acknowledge you the amazing There were three Freddie Mercury's there too, a sort of live a Freddy you know, the classic white singler, the jeans, the tash and you and Leon, the two battling Freddy's. You actually came into work on Saturday, borrowed a microphone from this radio station.
Speaker 3: And the microphone, you know how, you stacked up of a microphone stand.
Speaker 2: There were no There were no shows on Sunday because no one could find the microphone. Jack forgot to bring it until Monday. And Leon obviously doesn't have access to a to a radio station in Melbourne, right he just already could find on Saturday was some some option. We went in there and they had a walking stick. He taped a child's sort of toy microphone too. His Freddy was let down by that, by the outfit, by the toy microphone, but the live Freddy off to we will rock you between the pair of you was very good. The only thing that let it down is he he started a break dance.
Speaker 3: And Freddy wouldn't do that. See, I had watched Live Aid that day, actually telling he did you really know? And he started showing me how he didn't perfected.
Speaker 2: Freddy does this thing with his knee where he flexes his front knee and then locks it out when he does the fist pump, and he's been working on that all Dad said. Jack's also been watching Live eighty ye as well.
Speaker 3: So when any Queen Sun came on, there was this weird bit of hierarchy where we were trying to both of them.
Speaker 2: When I'm Freddy, I don't forget about this, Freddy, even if you were off chatting to somebody, you'd make you want to dance or go hey no, no, there's another Freddy here. They were battling Freddy's there needs to be your reality show. Forget the mask singer and to be the mast.
Speaker 3: Freddy and I thought it was great that you had essentially line up a song for every different character at the party, so everybody got a turn to like get in the middle of the dance floor and really show off. There's two choalms I have with the playlist otherwise, otherwise it's perfect. As a DJ, you should know the importance of the cross fade, so one song's finishing and then another song is starting, so that the dance floor never hears silent.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid that by the time you expect me to have any kind of finesse with cross fades, I'd already had a belly full of zambooka Cosopolitan champagne, cocktails, Peroni bear and it now moved on to red wine forget it.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those dance floors that you don't find yourself on often where a song stops and then there's a two second breath.
Speaker 2: We're in my kitchen.
Speaker 3: There's a two second pause while we wait for the next song.
Speaker 2: Well, I was using my laptop. I didn't have like Turnto. It was there was a laptop with spotsifoil.
Speaker 3: And that's which was my second problem there was it was too easy access to the playlist, and by the end of the night, after eleven o'clock, for all, everybody knew it was there. So songs would play for twenty thirty seconds and they would be like, all right, are we happy, Let's don't stop believing. Next song, Twist and shout. We must have got through four hundred songs in and out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there was At one point I went to the toilet and that left the playlist unattended. It was like midnine. It was like a feeding frendy there and my life started knocking all the toilet door, going Chris, Chris, can you come out of though as quickly as possible? Someone is playing come on, Eileen, you know how much I hate that song.
Speaker 3: She came home and told me something. She says, there's two songs I hate, love Shack and come on Eileen, and I won't have them at my party.
Speaker 2: That even the next day was just going, Chris, you work. So half the party went, how the hell did love Shack go?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 2: The players went, I actually go to the toilet at some point.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Oh gone. Old Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Every Thursday morning on the show at eight am with do you something called the isolated vocal where we just highlight an amazing vocal before and then we hear the full song again and you hear in a different way. And then every Wednesday morning we do play back some of our favorite ones we've ever done. This is great one from John Cougar. Hear him a lot on this radio station with hurts so good. When you hear his isolated vocal for hurt so good, you, it's what great singer he is.
Speaker 4: When I was a young boy, so put away those young by ways. Now that I am getting old, is so much older. I love all those young bodies with the girl like you. With a girl like you. Lord knows how things we can do. Baby, Just me and you, come on and make it up.
Speaker 2: Hur's so good. Come on, baby, make it hurts so good.
Speaker 4: Sometimes love I don't feel like it.
Speaker 2: Shoes you make it. That's so good.
Speaker 1: Look Christian oh gone Old Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one.
Speaker 2: Oh four point three coming up in five minutes time, efy Wednesday. On the show, we have listener Dave and one of his amazing historical facts. Last week. I think he did actually put off it was a stretch the history of concrete. Yeah, it was actually did a good job with it. It's another tough one though, waiting for us a five minutes time. The history of the tie. I mean I never even looked at her time and thought when that first happened. Ever, however, hisstor Dave can he put it off? Concrete was one thing, but the history of the tie. Could it be a stretch too far? We can all find out together in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: Stick around, Look, Christian, oh gonell Breakfast show, Melbourn's gold one oh four point three up.
Speaker 2: Now he's Dave and his historical fact of the week. Listen to. Dave was someone we met quite a while ago this year on the show, and I was amazed. He claims to have read three found some books. So I thought, all that knowledge in his head, he needs to share that with Melbourne. Then we turned it into a weekly feature, and now.
Speaker 4: It's time for Dave's amazy.
Speaker 2: Historical facts, brought to you by Melvin Lacrosse. We roll from the staggering success he pulled it off the history of concrete last week on the show Where Were You? If you missed it? Podcast and available up there on the iHeart platform. We go now to the history of the necktie. It's the tie. Dave, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Pat and Jack well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, thanks, We're good.
Speaker 2: Patsy's not here, but we're past that. On top it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Did you give her your bad back?
Speaker 2: She's got a sore throat. Actually, she was screaming and yelling. Are you I think just at life and and also at that full moon. I don't know if you saw it. When you work out this morning, bring brings out the where lady and Patsy. She's been there howling, having a storm. That's what her throat's bad. The history of the necktie, Dave, break it down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's pretty much a surpurpose piece of equipment really, or fashion and excessiory, but dates back to the ancient times with the Romans and the Chinese. Soldiers were like a small scarf around the neck to protect their neck and keep their neck warm. But it was so out of.
Speaker 2: Fact, exactly a small scarf protect the neck from a spear or javelie. Well, no I didn't have this. I could have really smart you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wouldn't protect from a spear or a sword thrust, but if it was rapid picking up, it probably would from the sword flash. Yeah, it would provide some sort of protection rather than all of a sudden your throat getting cut straight away. You wrap it rapid rappid and wool is a pretty strong material of the threat in multiple ways. It was, yeah, it fell out of fashion for a long time, but it was a fan sheho brought it back in. Actually, back in the seventeen hundred, Louis the fourteenth his father was involved in a war called a thirty Years War, and he used Croatian mercenaries to help him win that war. And the Croatian merceries came across from Croatia and they were wearing little red car around there.
Speaker 2: Took the time to get on with the water and they thirty years. I mean they're dragging that out. I mean some tradees they charge you by the day and they're on it for ages, aren't they. But thirty thirty years those mercers dragged that war out for It's a good gig, isn't it. It is.
Speaker 6: Well, the French were involved in one hundred years War, which you might know about because that was your countryman.
Speaker 7: That talking about one hundred and thirty years actually, but they don't like to work a full nine hour day, of the French, so that the breakdown for the all.
Speaker 2: Siesta in the afternoon. You know, they're good on that bike and they go and get some fresh bread and cheese. Then they start the war together the next day. That's what it took. Something you could have got it done in five years.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but it was young Louie the four days only at seven or eight at the time, who like the fashion. They started wearing ties, and the Parisians love that, of course, so the tilers boards next time on. There was only a short time.
Speaker 7: It was only like two pieces of sixte inch clos around the neck.
Speaker 6: The tie didn't extend down the front of the shirt or the body. For a long time.
Speaker 7: That was larger to cover buttons because in those times the wealthy would wear a wealthy button such a fill of gold, lot of stuff, and they didn't want to be seen to be in public lawing their wealth too much. So they extended the tie down to the butt, to the to the belt there just to hide the button so you wouldn't get robbed.
Speaker 6: All of those buttons that will feed me for a whole month, and I robbed that rich person. So and I suppose the Sydney shaft. The large reason, the main reason why we distinguished between working class and those in officers with the tie is why do you.
Speaker 2: Reckon flies this week. I was scared.
Speaker 6: Why do you reckon? We distinguished us a tie working class.
Speaker 2: I don't know why was it, Dave?
Speaker 6: Very practical reason. Working class never used to wear tires because it was two days in the workplace. It would get caught up in machinery and would choke it.
Speaker 2: Same me with this job, mate. You know this is a blue collar job. Morning show d J Night. If I wore a tie, it could get chewed up. But any of these faders Mondo Rock could drag me into the system.
Speaker 3: When you're swinging that microphone around and get caught.
Speaker 2: Well, that was good stuff, Dave.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all the slargely survive is a pretty superflous pace pession. But hi has nothing like a good man and a good a nice bye.
Speaker 2: That's right, yeah, well said the day go up.
Speaker 6: A bit of individuality with colors and all sorts of stuff like.
Speaker 2: School tis there's seventy different ties. Well listen, Dave, we got to go. Thank you very much. You gave us concrete last week and the history of the neck tie today. We're all the wiser, all right, love it, Take care, Dave, have a good day, mate. Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever tried to move anything unusual in your car or you. I know with you Beneva, you must have had a few unusual things in the car. Remember that time we went to go and pick up those giant, oversized potted plants from Andy Lee's place.
Speaker 3: He called them pop plans. But we got there and they were trees. It's six foot high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like an entire concrete But I think that's the start of my back issues, was lugging that onto the back of your ute. But anyway, Saturday morning, as I was rushing around trying to get anything ready for the party, I had to go to the party shop and to pick up these big sort of happy Birthday helium balloons that I pre ordered, and there was twelve of them. You know, when you order something like that, you don't really think about the practicalities of getting them into the car or even walking to the car. Couldn't park nearby. It was packed on Saturdays. You can imagine in Hampton, there's no obay park out. So I go in there and I suddenly say, there's twelve giant helium balloons.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh god, okay, I can either do twelve trips.
Speaker 2: The guy goes to it. You parked outside. I went, no, five minutes their way, and he went three trips. I went, oh, right, just like going forget it. I'll just say, were closed. Three trip I mean she's not ten. I mean, is she even gonna a boo? She's gonna stick away she went and notice the balloons. But anyway, I go right through it. And it was a really windy day as well, So I do the three trips right and then to the balloons are in the car. But obviously, as I'm now driving along, they're just starting to move through the car towards me, like there's almost like twelve polter guys in the car. They start coming at me, and I'm like, it's like a Jason Moore movie. I'm fighting and sort of punching these helium balloon face attackers behind you. And the more I'd hit them back to get in the back seat of the car, the more they'd come would have gone a furious vengeance come floating back through the car. They actually go with twelve helium balloons. I have to put into the drive through at Thirsty Camel and I said the guy what I need. I need some ice and stuff like that, and he went, you don't need to get out. We can just shove it straight in the car. And I'm thinking, okay, I could do a little breather. It's tiring, and so I just about to say as they opened the car boom, here.
Speaker 3: You be sure you can see him carding through the window.
Speaker 2: No, we've got with the thing for the kids. It's got the tints so they they don't need to worry about you know that the sun coming through so you couldn't see them. It's blacked out virtually. So by the time I've gone, two of them have gone at they've escaped out of the car. They're in the drive through. And thank you very much the stuff for Thirsty Camel that then had.
Speaker 3: Some scuttling under the roof of thirty just go up.
Speaker 2: In the air. They're Helium field and they're big that you got that. So I'd love to know this morning about the weird or unusual things you've tried to move in your car. That's a new one for me. Helium balloons.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to be dressed as this guy at the party on Saturday night, the theme dead famous for my wife's birthday. First thing that they I didn't quit look quite like Prince. The first warning sign was the inflatable guitar. Wouldn't inflate? That summed up my outfit. Then Jack turned out and went, you make you look more like Captain Hook. Someone else said when Jack and I were together, looked like Brian May.
Speaker 3: It was a live I need to point out for the record, it's you made a great Brian May. But you did look at big Captain Hook. And then at one point Sarah said, oh, we've got a prop hook in the in the toy boks if you want to put the hook on.
Speaker 2: But that's the game as we like to play at the weekend, and that's our business everybody. So anyway, the reason why I haven't been on the show for last two day is Big Night on Saturday night, great house party. We all had a fantastic time. It has taken toll on this breakfast show. Patsy still off. I've been off the last two days Sunday morning. There's obviously stuff to rearrange and tidy out if you have people round. And at about thirty five people round and the house was the house was a mess.
Speaker 3: Which I mean I saw it on because you were kind enough to have us stay over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, thanks for leaving at eight am.
Speaker 3: But we had things to do the next day, so we did, Like, I.
Speaker 2: Not move a couch. I am willing to forgive you.
Speaker 3: No, you never said, hey, stick around tomorrow the movie.
Speaker 2: Care How do you think the couch is going to get moved? So anyway, half nine, I start to move the couch by myself and I go to do like a dead lift move, you know, you get under it and just hoyke it up. I should have waited. Okay, there was another guy there because I said, can you get the other end? But I thought I'd just lug it myself and drag it. And as soon as I went lift, there was this awful, tearing, searing, I mean really bad pain thought and it was so bar I saw white stars and I scream and fall to the floor. And I've never known such pain. And if you've ever really hurt your back or done anything to your discs or any of that, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's literally like life saying you will stay on the floor now. For quite a while, I literally was lying there. My wife went, you're right. I went, I'm sure, I'll be frighted. It's give me some painkillers or neurof and I'll be right in ten fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: A niggy floor to be on as well, because it had been used today.
Speaker 2: Shambooca tears. Everything was on that floor. You know there's a lot, they're broken dreams, there's a lot on that floor. Two hours later, I'm still on the floor. No, they've had to go. The friends have had to go, and they're looking really worried. And my wife goes, I'm gonna have to call doctor on call. I went, no, no, no, I'll be fine another hour or two. Please don't worry.
Speaker 3: So what are you what are you trying to do? Just wait it out?
Speaker 2: No, I can't move, Jack, I literally I go to move, and I'm mean screaming pain, like I've broken my back, and my wife start a panic. She goes, I need to call someone. You don't need to call anyone. Another couple of hours. I'm sure aware off and I'll be fine, And so she helps me to get just sit on the couch and that I'm screaming page because that's it. I'm calling them right now. They call okay, and they were what a brilliant service that is. They're really helpful, and they were asking all these questions and stuff like that about could I move my feet and stuff like that, which I could luckily, and then they go, well, listen, if he can't even move, They were like, can you go to the toilet? And I was like, I can't. I can't get up to go toilet. Now we're going to have to send the paramedics out and I'm going they don't need to do that, Please don't do that.
Speaker 5: Way.
Speaker 2: No, it's okay, he can't move, we have to send someone out now. We'll treat it as a non emergency, but our half later. Thank you very much, the two brilliant guys you turned up even though it was a non emergency, and I felt really really embarrassed left on the couch that they had to come of waste their time. There's other people that really do need help. They couldn't have been any any more professional and just there were just two lovely guys. Thank you very much from Mordiallic Ambulance Service. I met Vassal and a man called Pat and I had a lovely time with them. And when they first got there, they went, right, okay, can you move? I was like no. They went, okay, We're gonna have to give you something. Now. Have you heard of the green whistle? And I thought it was like the matrix, you know, the choice twin two pills. I went, what, I thought it was a whistle to blow if later on after they go, I need some helt for my wife, you know, yeah bell. So I was like, no, I've never heard of it. Oh oh, that would probably be really helpful, and they went, do you know what it is? I went and we were not really, it's just a whistle. And they looked at each other like, no, no, it's it's it's very strong painkiller. You inhale it like a whistle. Is called the green whistle, and they went, footy players love it. As soon as we turn up on scene, they're like, please, where's the green whistle? Whistles beg for the green whistle and he goes, this is what you just in hell blow out three mouth but you in how through the whistle? Okay? And they went, before we move, you you're going to have to have about fifteen to twenty puffs because it's going to be agony for it. Yeah, Jack, after five, I'm I'm floating, right, I'm somewhere else, all right, And then up to twenty, I'm buzzing seriously, like just buzzing.
Speaker 3: Which we had him at the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then they go trying to move, And it took me a while to get off the couch even with the painkillers, and stagger through the house and they had to help me. And then I had to get in out front of the house a low point chap. I had to get on the stretcher and then you go in the back of the ambulance.
Speaker 3: Well if you can't move, of course.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: It was just awful. I found so embarrassed, but it was so nice. And as I as the you know, my wife is going, I've got a lot to do. Is do I need to go with him? She just let me go off and they looked at each other like, oh, I just got quite a few errands to run. He is he going to go nearby? You know? Is he? What are they going to do with X Ray's and them are okay, well I'll catch up with you later. I mean, I guess it's her birthday exactly, and.
Speaker 3: I would have ridden along.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Well you didn't even move the couch. Let's not sell what you would have and you weren't even there, but you had to go to lunch a him in the morning. So anyway, before they close the doors to take me to hospital, and I'm like, I can't believe this is happening, they go to me, hey, listen, just you know, you've had quite a lot on the Green Whistle now and you're going to need to have a lot more because the roads are bumpy in Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't even realized it. You've never hurt you. It's going to be agony to get you. Then we've got to go very slowly. They went. People, especially grannies and stuff like that. They get very unfiltered because of this stuff. And so don't worry if you start saying stuff that's a bit odd or there's no filter. Then this other guy, old mate you Pats, who's going to be driving us, goes, oh, I listened to his radio show. There's no filter there. Don't worry about him. But Pats has been listened to just for the last year. He kept on, hadn't said a thing in nothing but professional, but then said, oh, as we were driving here, I saw the address and the name. I said to I said to Vassel, that's the DJ. He's at the party here last night. What the hell has happened? So thank you very much the guys. Then when I got to the hospital, they say you've got to put the gown on, and I went, okay. And if you've ever hurt your back, you know the worst part about hurting you back is taking your socks on and off and taking your jeans off. So they said, hey, listen, so we'll leave you five minutes. Put the gown on. I took my jump off, and I as to undo my jeans and sort of shuffle them, buy my hamstrings. And then I'm sat there read I said, I can't. I can't do the rere can't do the rest. I have to get on the button panic button. And three people come running in. They're like, oh my god, what is it? What is it? I went, I can't take my pants off. I can hear laughing out there. This studio is supposed to be sound proofed. I can't take my pants off. I couldn't even look at the three adults in the eyes. I can't take my pants off, can't take my jeans off. Can you help me take my jeans off? Like yes, of course? And then I go, I said anywhere else because I just rushed getting ready that morning, and that happened. I didn't have any underwear on.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't, I promise you.
Speaker 2: I just had a pair of jeans on. I just thought I sought this out later.
Speaker 3: I goes jeans to skin, even even if you are hungover.
Speaker 2: Just hungover. I thought, I'll put the jeans on, I'll get the oven going, because I thought we had to cook breakfast for you and the people that were staying. And of course then it happened. I haven't got time to put I wasn't even ware what's going on. I'm in so much pain. I don't have to warn them. There's no underways as you take off the jeans. Folks. It was a low point Sunday at three o'clock in that hospital, as two people having to undress me. I've got no underpants on and I'm literally just staring out the way. But yeah, real high point that.
Speaker 1: Christian Oh Gone All Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Who else has been on the Green Whistle? I had my first go on it Sunday when I hurt my back, which was rubbing off for the last two days. Lis sir, good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you? Yeah? I getting there, Lisa, So you've also a fellow Green Whistle user.
Speaker 9: Well, I have.
Speaker 10: I am Christian and I was after my son's twenty first birthday. Patty and I may have been up drinking shots till four o'clock in the morning with the boys.
Speaker 2: Right, okay? Is that why you needed the Green Whistle? Because for a hangover? Is that we called them?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, nothing as simple as a hang over. At five o'clock in the morning, I started to pass a kidney stone.
Speaker 2: I've heard about this. Apparently it's agony. I mean, it's literally a stone through the eye of the leader. I can't even imagine the pain.
Speaker 10: We're painful, and I've given birth.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, how compared to childbirth? Is it the same? Less? More birth?
Speaker 8: A pas cake?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: That is that bad for me?
Speaker 10: It was, yes, But the funny part of this story was that because I had about twenty people staying over and I was writhing around the floor in pain, telling my husband to get it out because it hurts. All sorts of thoughts were going through different parents of people's mind. And when the ambulance did arrive and he gave me the green whistle after about five puffs, I turned around and said, I love you.
Speaker 2: To your husband or the paramedic.
Speaker 10: Paramedic to see whistle.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I had that feeling as well. It makes you love everyone, doesn't it with that green whistle. It's quite a way. Carefully say did they take it back off you after you'd pass the stone?
Speaker 10: I had to go to hospital, actually took me to hospital after that, but no I had the whistle I think until they put me in the ambulance and then that took it from me.
Speaker 2: Yes, best they take it from us, all right, Lisa, thank you very much.
Speaker 11: For jo mate, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh Shane, good morning morning going are we? Yeah? We're getting there? Shane. I hope you well this morning. You've also been on the green whistle.
Speaker 7: I have the.
Speaker 12: Same thing as you made or done a low of that along the work side. Ah, looking up the other trailer and stepping out with the trail we hit so it was summer jack here. I ended up on the grain on my hands and laze. You know, I just couldn't get up.
Speaker 2: No, it's embarrassing. You literally cannot. Can you show it's horrible.
Speaker 12: Literally couldn't get up the word mate, chucking in the back of the Volaris, took it to the medical Heart, called the ambulance. Ambulance come out, yes, stut me straight on the green whistle and yeah, the bug is stop it to the ambulance. They're chucking in there and they apparently some of the things I was saying with his absolutely ludicrous. But I thought the Russians that sight cameras in all the air conditioners around the words se so asking for my phone number. I didn't want to give my phone number there because the Germans as well, they.
Speaker 2: They get together. We're all screw Shane.
Speaker 12: But yeah, but he got back to the hospital, was checking on another green whistle because I absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's well, wait you went to the second whistle. One whistle was enough for me. You're you're a legend of the green whistle.
Speaker 12: But it's not very enough.
Speaker 2: I hope you. I hope you're all okay now, Shane. Listen, Shane, We've got to go. We've got the news headlines. But thank you very much for give us the cool buddy.
Speaker 12: Thanks guys, have a good day, all.
Speaker 2: Right, KM news headlines on the way, Simple Minds tickets on the way to the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Christian O'Connell's chain weeks of tickets. Sixty million albums are five UK number one and the greatest lyric free sing along of all time. Simple Mind Live two twenty twenty. A Day on the Green Brush, bet Waite's and Mark Record Arena, PA.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: As listening to list. Sixty million albums. Man, I'm back in the eighties. These big bands shifted some albums. Sixty million albums is huge, all right? Simple Mind Today on the Green Coming here next year twenty twenty. Rochard Win's November the twenty eighth, Margaret Court Arena December, the first ticket in for if you want to find it more. A day on Theegreen dot Com today you but the good news is have you day this week? Huggy was doing it yesterday and Monday. Thank you very much to hug you for looking after things. You and three mates can go and see Simple Minds Live next year. You're winning the early tickets. Of course. The biggest song we just said there in that they'll opener for it as well. The third most karaoke song ever, Don't you Forget About Me?
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's number one. I think it's a Beatles song. Not hey, dude, it's I'm pretty sure it's a Beatles song. Anyway, we'll come back, we'll circle back to what is the number one song? But number three? Don't you Forget About Me? So this quiz that we're doing this week some powerful acting for myself Jack and when she decides to come back to the show, Patsy, don't you forget about Me? Each morning one of us will become a former megastar, reminiscing about their former glory. Have you forgotten about them? Who is it this morning?
Speaker 4: I tell you forget about me?
Speaker 2: That's what it's called. I didn't know we needed extra production for that. Oh what do you mean? You've forgotten who I am? I was the star of the nineties. It started in nineteen eighty nine. Do you remember my beautiful performance on a boat me to weather Australian actors, maybe an actress, but it was all about me, the wonderful me. And then in nineteen ninety seven I was on another boats, a bigger boats back when I had hair. Oh God, I missed the hair. Cal Hockley, What do you mean You've forgotten about me? That was my character name in one of the biggest movies of all time in nineteen ninety seven, when I had hair, God, I missed my hair? How have you forgotten about him? Who is he? Don't you forget about me? Who is it? This morning? Nine four one four one oh four three? I am available for part time acting work.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Christian O'Connell's ten weeks of Tickets.
Speaker 1: Sixty million albums are five UK number one and the coin is lyric free sing along of.
Speaker 3: All times Impure.
Speaker 11: Minds Live two twenty twenty, My Day on the Green, Rochford Wains.
Speaker 2: And Margaret Cord Arena Pleasure, Thank You, Civil Mine's coming Back down Under next year twenty twenty. You can win tickets every singamore this week you and three mates. You can go and see the Great Simple Minds live next week. We went to week eight on ten weeks of tickets Elton John. We've got another load of Elton John tickets. That's next week on the show at seven point thirty this morning, then and tomorrow and rest this week. Then we're playing don't you Forget About Me? Former big megastars reminiscing about their former glory. Go listen to the clues, see if you can guess who it is or have you forgotten about them? Oh? What do you mean you've forgotten who I am? I was the star of the nineties. It started in nineteen eighty nine. Do you remember my beautiful performance on a boat me to weather Australian actors maybe an actress, but it was all about me, the wonderful me. And then in nineteen ninety seven I was on another boats, a bigger boat. Back when I had hair. Oh God, I missed the hair. Cal Hockley, what do you mean you've forgotten about me? That was my character name in one of the biggest movies of all time in nineteen ninety seven, when I had hair. God, I miss my hair all right? Who do you think it is nine one four three, Adam, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 13: Hang up, I believe you've actually picked me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you threw ticket? Easy, Adam, you get You're good. He's got I know he's hung up. Now he's back with us. There he is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, sorry, I'm just taking off fans free good man.
Speaker 2: We prefer the personal touch on the show. Adam, word and Buddy got through.
Speaker 9: Believe it.
Speaker 14: It's the first time actually rung up.
Speaker 2: Oh excellent, we worlder mate you big Simple Minds fan.
Speaker 14: I am my friend put me onto a glittering prize years ago and it's one of my favorites. I'm a definite eighties fan.
Speaker 2: O great album. They were such a great band as well, and still very good live as well. All right, so we just need the name of the person. Who do you think it was?
Speaker 14: It's got to be Billy Zay.
Speaker 2: Great Billy Zay.
Speaker 5: We're here there, Billy in here.
Speaker 2: Yep, you won your tickets. Billy Zaye won your tickets. Simple Minds. You with three mates, how are you going to take with you?
Speaker 14: I'm definitely going to take my partner Maz and I've got to toss up between friends. Belinda and Andrew are my two daughters, Indiana and Yasma.
Speaker 2: Hold are the kids. They're getting into eighties music.
Speaker 14: My kids are now, well they are, they're thirteen and eleven, and they're always playing ac DC and in excess all the things that I listen.
Speaker 2: To what you're bringing them. I'm upright, Adam, well.
Speaker 14: Done, Yes I am, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, we listen. Well done. Twelve bunks from now enjoy simple minds.
Speaker 14: Can't wait. Thanks guys, and I love the show all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thank you very much, Adam. Amazing production as well. I can tell that I've been off for two days. This is this must have taken my hours. I mean, thank you for making this.
Speaker 5: We'll here there, Billy is in here.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see you next year at the Radio Awards.
Speaker 3: Wait when somebody wins the prize, don't you want a bit more like.
Speaker 2: Even boor Biddy's ains bored by it?
Speaker 5: We'll here there, Billy.
Speaker 2: Should we have that as a winner's stab for the competition? All this week? No matter who it is? Well, now it wasn't great Billy's ain star of first, of course, with Nicole Kidman and Sam Neil in Dead Calm, and then Titanic.
Speaker 5: We'll here there, Billy is in here.
Speaker 2: More chancewers tomorrow morning. I Stuid just points out it won't be Billy saying tomorrow, but whoever it is, you will hear this as the winner's stamp.
Speaker 5: We'll here there, Billy is here.
Speaker 2: Oh the show is back, My friends, are you've missed us?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I just want to say a few words. I wouldn't now normally do this because talking about radio ratings is really boring and if you're listening to a show, you don't really need to be hit over the head when they've gone up. And also radio stations are terrible letting you know when it's gone down. You don't hear jingles going. Thanks to you, we're now the fourth most popular breakfast show in Melbourne. Actually, we should start making those because I think that'd be a hell of a lot funny than those awful ones that go we're number one, We're amazing. But yesterday the ratings did come out, and I'm aware I've been doing radio very long. Time ratings go up, they can keep going out, or they can go down or they can go ways. The only reason I'm even saying anything about is because yesterday we went to number one. This show is only sixteen months old. This is show number three hundred and one for us. And quite a few of you have seen some of the articles that came up yesterday online and in the papers that I've been sending nice messages. So I just want to say, on behalf of my family and me, Jack and Pats and everyone who works on the show, and the management here as well, thank you. I have nothing but deep gratitude to do what I did in the UK and British Radio Idea achieved all I want to do. Then I was very lucky, but the one thing I always really want to do next was to come to Australia and see if I could do radio over here. And the fact that it's got to number one, Jack and I today was still saying we were a bit kind of overwhelmed and stunned and surprised. Really yeah, I mean we shouldn't be saying that we should be going this makes sense, but it makes no sense. We've already demanded a recount, and I'm sure in five weeks time we back down to number six. Or seven. I'm very happy there too, But for now, I just want to say a really big thank you, not just about getting to number one. I'm sure maybe we'll be number one again. Maybe I'll never say thank you for getting to the number one again, that's fine, But the fact of how you've taken me on this show, to your heart and given it a go that means the world to me. That's what I'm really saying thank you about. So coming up next, please you don't need to call in, you don't need any messages. Not looking for pats on the bank. I've had enough of those. And I was twenty four hours and people I've never heard of, so I've got his sixteen months ago. Now everyone's my friend, but I just want to say thank you very much. It really does mean the world. Coming up next, we crack on with a show attacked by furniture, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday it was my weekly phone call Skype with my mum and I said, hey, Mom, it's incredible. The show has got to number one and it's been sixteen months and I don't know what it is about sometimes, but your parents. You never quite know what reaction they're going to give you ever, right, I remember my dad's never seen me do stand up and I did a show once and there was three and a half thousand people there. It was a place called the London Palladium. And didn't even know my dad came along. Two weeks after it. We're having a phone call and he goes, oh, by the way, was that that show?
Speaker 3: You didn't want to say anything, right.
Speaker 2: And you were there two weeks ago. You so we do stand up the first time in front of three thousand a wee week and go, god, that's incredible. Say yeah, there's loads of people there. We could have gone for a drink afterwards, and he went, yeah, there were a few empty seats in the back though. That's all he had to say. So I haven't even told my dad yet the news. But anyway, yesterday I told my mom, sort of not knowing what I'm going to get, and she went, oh, I didn't think that would happen. I went, oh, no, I know, I'm surprised too. You know, it was never the goal to come here and get to number one, and I never thought it happened. And she goes, I didn't say anything, but I used to go online every day and read the comments that people were saying about you when you first started, and oh, you mustn't do that, Mom, You're only going to get upset. And that's what people were saying. They were just angering them. People don't like change. I get that, it doesn't matter. I've never read anything like that. Mummy, you don't need to worry. But then she started to recite some of them that she'd obviously remembered. It was that my mom doing mean to to me have the phone? Wak can we just get back on celebrating this? Why we got to go back sixteen months? I got, hang on it. What's that the one you said to What did they say about me? Who's the name? We're going to track them down? And then what were your parents? Must be very proud of you.
Speaker 3: I had a very similar low reception.
Speaker 2: So when I started reading out mean tweets.
Speaker 3: We have a family group that we can a messenger group that we do WhatsApp well like what'sapp so on there, I said, guys, Christian O'Connor breakfast shows at number one, exclamation.
Speaker 2: Mode for doing full branding as well.
Speaker 3: Mom gave me the handclap emoji, and my dad gave me a thumbs up and then said, do you get a bonus?
Speaker 2: And then that's such a dad thing, isn't It's all about the pay packet.
Speaker 3: So I'm waiting for more than half of my family to write back and congratulate me. That was at nine eighteen am yesterday. At nine point thirty three, Mom sends this to the family group. Hey, my new plant has a new leaf on it. And then everybody starts writing back about the new plant. Oh my god, the leaf is coming out red, but the others are green. Yes, Mum, ripe back, yes, turn grain when it unfurls. The plan went off and then quickly the number one breakfast show is.
Speaker 2: For steph apparates. What is it about it? As adults? We still are those ten year olds? Aren't they part of us that still wants that approval? For Mom and Dad. I've done this painting. It's still that, isn't it? But as grown ups? All right? So the reason I've been off for the last two days is I was lifting the couch Sunday morning after the party and I knackered my back. I think that's the Latin sort of medical term for him knackering my back. I was attacked by my couch. So this morning we want your calls on nine four one four, one oh four to three. Attacked by furniture? What piece of furniture has attacked and injured you somehow? Like the sofa injuring me? One oh four three attacked by furniture.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been attacked by furniture? That's what happened the fate that happened to me on Sunday, which is why I wasn't with you yesterday and Monday went to lift a couch. I don't know if the hangover had anything to do with it. I don't think the best thing to do your body beforehand is drinking at a booze. But I pinged my back. I don't know what I've done to it, but ligament and some bulge disc is the technical term. I was attacked by the couch.
Speaker 3: Were you're trying to bend from the knees.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows it's not you know, You're just a bad form, isn't it. You know? You just think I just shit I'll just shift it over there and just want to get it done quickly. It's Sunday morning, and my wife went old, just quickly before you have a bacon sandwich, just move the couch.
Speaker 3: And why were you trying to move the couch? I saw the state of the floor the next morning after the did like after the dance floor had been there all night and it was so messy. There's no way.
Speaker 2: Sorry, is this some sort of interior maker.
Speaker 3: I just don't know why you Why are you trying to move the couch back before you've cleaned the floor.
Speaker 2: That is a really good point. I can't read my wife.
Speaker 3: Are you just doing one of those things where you like if I put the couch over it?
Speaker 2: No clear half the mess moving the couch on it?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: So have you been attacked by furniture this morning? On the phones? Give us a call nine four one four one oh four three. Come on ere and tell us the item of furniture and what happened? Catherine, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning. I was attacked by a dishwasher.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 15: I was walking barefoot in the kitchen and I must have the door open, kicked it and then I left a blood trail down the hallway that I wasn't aware of. And I came back and my little voice said what's done on your toe? And I'd had jam on my crumpet and I said, I think it's jam and he said numb, that's blood. I went, oh, and there was blood pulling under my foot.
Speaker 2: So what you didn't cut your foot or your shin on it?
Speaker 15: My toe? I kicked it, and you know when you hear that little cartilage pop, I thought, did I break it? And I know that's right? And then I realized I split it right across the top my middle toe the now.
Speaker 3: But how can it not be? The toes are so painful? How can you not have noticed? You did it?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Say you go? If you popped out? Four kids stubborn, a little tone, a little bit of blood and Clara everywhere is nothing.
Speaker 15: Nothing. And then my husband took my kids to older kids to the bus and then I was working blood up off the floor and I just wrapped it up, went to my third day of the new jobs and just sucked it up.
Speaker 3: That sounded like a small dig it Christian there that he did.
Speaker 2: I felt that, mate, I felt that, And they're just give me a little. You know, you should just put towel around and come into work.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, but when you're attempt you don't get paid if you don't go to work.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a temp heeris is the day time show? The time? All right, Catherine, thank you very much, You're cool, thank you, thank you. All right, Jack, Let's keep a file. Then, let's keep a document now of items that have injured us. Okay, so I've got the couch Katherine there with the dishwasher. Hard called Katherine. Let's corn her. Let's go to David. Now, Good morning, David, Good morning, Hey buddy, thanks for going the show. David, welcome to the show. And what I to have furniture attacked you? Well?
Speaker 13: Washing machine?
Speaker 2: The washing machine? What did they do to you?
Speaker 13: Once upon a time, I was an appliance repairment, so I was actually fixting a washing machine. The top section of it was held on with a couple of big spring clips, and I was putting it back together and you've got to put a fair bit of weight onto it to push these clips back in the place.
Speaker 6: And I was.
Speaker 13: Wearing footy shorts at the time, and both pieces of manhood got caught inched in the lid.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, put it on a rint cycle, the old long one as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wearings while you're you are asking for trouble if something's going to get track caught somewhere.
Speaker 13: Ended up at the hospital to make sure everything was all right because there was a fair bit of blood and other guy at every nurse in the hospital come to have a look.
Speaker 2: What's the line in they're selling about Mary us on the crash cart. We're gonna be Yeah, in my mind, this is only funny if they will you into the emotion when you still got the washing machine attached to you. It's that you're wearing it like a contraceptive, wouldn't it? All right? David, thank you very much, you cal mate. That's a great one.
Speaker 13: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 2: All right, cheers mate. Ben. Good morning, Ben, Good morning, Good morning, Ben. Welcome to the show. What I tom My furniture attacked you?
Speaker 8: It was my younger son's high chair.
Speaker 2: Oh god, those areas of things, those high chairs. Yeah, your fingers called what happened?
Speaker 8: Yes, no, well, we'll playing a game. When I was running through the house and as I've turned the corner, the chair has jumped out at me. It's hit my toe and it snapped the bone in my little toe.
Speaker 2: Ah god, there's two little toes been wiped out in the house. It must have been agony.
Speaker 8: It was, and my son felt like he won.
Speaker 2: All right, Ben, thank you very much. She called, good on. You have a good day.
Speaker 8: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: All right, So we've got high chair washing machines, dishwashers. What else have we got then? What item of furniture in the house or anywhere have you been attacked by? One four three Christian?
Speaker 1: Oh God? All breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one o four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, So I wasn't here the last two days. I've done my back some and do the ligaments and a bulged disk, and I did it by trying to lift a couch Sunday morning. When have you been attacked by furniture? Nine four one four one o four three. Let's go to Jeff. Good morning, Jeff. Hello, yep, Jeff, this is Jeff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, I was. I was standing on the bed showing my girlfriend how my great six underpants still fitted. And I was trying to make a bit of a bit more room in there with, you know, with my fists and my hand down. Then I stretched and they ripped, and I find myself in the door and backward somersaulted into the Queen Anne Wardrove at the end of the bed.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. I mean, I think Team Australia needs you for the Olympics next year.
Speaker 9: That kills still laughing. Jessy rang Triple J straight away and reported it.
Speaker 2: I think triple zero is a number you're supposed to call me. Are going to play you an indie song? Triple J.
Speaker 3: I have an emergency, Jeff, Like.
Speaker 2: Sorry, made our morning. It made our morning, Jeff. That was a great story already, with a nice bit there at the end. I love that, the thought of injuring yourself and calling triple J.
Speaker 9: They loved it. I liked it just as much as you did.
Speaker 2: All right, take care, Jeff. That actually cool, buddy. Thank you, Glenda, good morning. What's going on? She called triple J?
Speaker 13: Is she?
Speaker 2: Glenda? Yes, that's dramatic, Paul said, Glenda. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 2: All right now, Glenda, congratulations, that's you. Thank you very much, Glenda, and just thanks for listening to the show. Glenda, tell us about the bit of furniture you're attacked by.
Speaker 11: Well, I was a very young first year out teacher and I was working in a classroom with a mobile blackboard or a blackboard on an easel. I was writing on the blackboard and somehow it came the blackboard fell off the easel and onto my head, and I was pinned between the with the blackboard stuck on my head with a group of very raw, young seven year seven children all coming, are you okay? Miss? Are you okay? Miss? While the blackboard is still stuck on my head, I'm supporting it, and I said, I'm okay, but go next door and get another teacher to help me get the blackboard off my head.
Speaker 2: You poor thing. I mean. Also, kids are just merciless. So that was it for the rest of your time at that school.
Speaker 11: No? No, they were absolutely distraught for me and very concerned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you had no initiative to get up and like help you push the blackboard?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, just are you okayre?
Speaker 2: Are you out of pra This is a very rare school. This is like no school heard of in Glinda. Well, were you at Hogwarts Academy or something? No?
Speaker 11: Now, I was just at Single High school back in those days. So yeah, about forty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Actually my school it would have been like our teacher's got a blackboarpin to her head. We get the day off by.
Speaker 2: Noday.
Speaker 11: As I said, a very young, very raw yeth sevens and they were in shock.
Speaker 2: I think, very raw. Yeah, very raw. We all remember those raw days. Huh, Glenda, thank you very much. A cool you have a good day.
Speaker 11: Thanks Christians.
Speaker 2: That's very much Glenda. She's still raw.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four w three.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you go for coffee somewhere, you know, Melbourne's got some amazing coffee places, right, and there's nothing worse. We had one the other day. My wife and I went out Friday just for a little brunch. There was that new mum and the kid was maybe about four or five years old where they commentate very loudly about what the kid and them were doing.
Speaker 3: What to address his behavior?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not not bad, just everything. They think. The first people in the world to ever have a child out in public. Oh and you, oh, and you want to pick up the grill And they're commentating out loud, giving everyone a commentary of what's going on. Well, you know those all coffee shops where you're all crammed too close to you.
Speaker 3: Now they want to far more tables than they have spaced.
Speaker 2: And you can't get it out of your head that oh and lovely flower, their daisy. This was going on the whole time. And then the other worst thing is when you hear someone yelling at their kid. Normally kids that have terrible names behave very badly. You know me in the supermarket here someone being yelling at someone called char They've just released today the worst baby names in this country of this year of twenty nineteen. Some of these, I mean, it's a form of child abuse. Would you call a baby girl shy?
Speaker 3: It's not terrible. I actually thought they were going to be bad.
Speaker 2: Mattew, Mattel.
Speaker 3: These are the babies tell what like the board game manufacturer.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the toy manufacturer Mattel. Since thea sincere, it just sounds it's a terrible one as well.
Speaker 3: Don't you feel sorry for these families if they pick up the newspaper and start to read that their names.
Speaker 2: Because you had plenty of time, my wife and I you got nine months the babies growing in there to workshop ideas and run a few focus groups. There's no reason Number four Australians are calling their babies this year Chardonay.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 2: It's terrible that it couldn't be a more Bogan name, could it? Shut chardon Ay? Come here. It'll only get abbreviated to Shardi as well or Shardo as well. A number five. This is obviously off the back of this huge success of Game of Thrones. Kalithi.
Speaker 3: Oh do you like that though, you because you're a big Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But doesn't mean you need to start naming your kids, you know, some poor little girl Kalithi. Plus you've got a lifetime and trying to work out how you spell it over the phone to people and so that it's a nightmare. There's got a boy bee babies boy bee boy names now for twenty nineteen. There were baby boy names for this year in this country. One King Messiah.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean two ways that goes. Either you're getting a lifetime of wedge's at school King Messiah, or own it and write a school every day as a as a King Messiah on a donkey just doubling down on it.
Speaker 3: You have to be the alpha male or else.
Speaker 2: You king Messiah. Then you've got Manson.
Speaker 3: That's bad because it brings a.
Speaker 2: Tarantino movie of Charles Manson. You know, do you think it's all about that? People reading about that and it's all coming back in the public ear and I this year.
Speaker 3: I straight away thinking, Charles Manson.
Speaker 2: You don't want any name, any name that's got any kind of negative association, which is why we never went with Audolf for Ruby in the end, because you didn't want people in the end, you know, And it kind of Cletus. Come on, if you're calling your kid Cletus, then you're in Red Hillbillies.
Speaker 3: Danger I don't hate that.
Speaker 2: If it's a middle name, that's great. If it's a middle name, I think that's starting. So if you were Jack danger Post, that's an awesome.
Speaker 3: But that is to one up someone who says, hey, dangerous by middle name, and you go, well, dangerous by first.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't even know how you pronounced this. How would you pronounce this starlesy S T y l e Z stars? You think it's like Harry Styles And then another one here, I don't understand either axis.
Speaker 3: That's that is kind of cool. What Axis, Yeah, because you can take away your surname and just be access if you're a recording artist like Madonna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how many people in the world you're talking the rest of the other guy he's working at McDonald's drive through called Axis.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three just stand an email from Steve Wallace who's just got into work and Herbie took it earlier about have to go to the hospital on Sunday off to hurt my back and he had a similar thing about two years ago and wanted to know if they did the same tests to check there was no nerve damage around there that happened to him. Yeah, I totally forgot about that. What do you reckon to this then? So I had to lie on my side, which took quite a bit of time just to roll onto myself.
Speaker 3: This when you panther off with no underwhere I got.
Speaker 2: That gown, you know, the humiliating gown you got to wear with your bum sticking out to the world. I don't know why we have to wear the gown. I mean, surely there must be something.
Speaker 3: Maybe they need quick access to the bike.
Speaker 2: I don't know why there, Why do they love our bums so much? Doctors and nurses leave my beautiful peachy pommy backside alone. Anyway, this doctor comes in and she was very funny, doctor Ollie, and she was, I need you to lie on your side and I just need to check there's no nerve damage down there. And I said, now, everything's fine. I can film my feet and there's no tingling going down my legs. She goes, I just need to check the can bey localized nerve damage, you know, And she asked me if I was if I'd been in continent or anything like that, and luckily I hadn't. She said, that's a common thing when people hurt the backs, they can lose control of the bounds.
Speaker 3: Right, But did you have to go to the toilet while you're on the ground for two hours or three hours? And when you can move?
Speaker 2: I was hoping you weren't going to ask that. How do ask Sarah to get a vase? Oh no?
Speaker 3: Did you throw the bars away or just rinse it out?
Speaker 2: I put some of those birthday flowers back in there, you know. It's so yeah. That was another low point of my life this year was having to ask my wife.
Speaker 3: So then do you get everyone to exit the room, so if you're on your living room floor you can't move. Sarah brings you the vases. Do you say everybody else get out?
Speaker 2: They'd gone, Our friends had gone by then, and Sarah was sort of just on God checking. The kids didn't come in to find their Dadline on the four ping in a vase. It's a good way to see dad like that. But anyway, back to dodr Ollie, she goes on your side. She's tickling my mum, I mean actually tickling it full on. I said, what the hell are you doing? She goes, oh, I just need to check this for nerve damage. I don't know about that or whether that was because earlier on I'd heard someone whispering out in the corridor, going, there's a famous DJ. There is back. I reckon. They were going, let's go in, but she wasn't even a doctor, se going going film with guys. Film. Okay, it's gonna be some footage on this week? Is this some sort of prank show? I dare you to dickle his bar every tickle the game again.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian O'Connell Breakfast show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: That is some story about Dusty. His car is still at the MCG after winning the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: I guess he turned the party tap on and just hasn't turned it off.
Speaker 2: Yeaa, I mean you know, I mean, just one night partying for us has wiped out two thirds of the show. Patsy's still not back. I've been off for two days, but leaving his cart the MCG.
Speaker 3: I wonder what the full price ticket is of I don't mean I bet he gets special parking. I don't play on game day.
Speaker 2: Surely if you're a playoff his statuhore? What do they get their own spot? There? He done cars?
Speaker 3: There wouldn't be enough fair to have every player to have their own spot exactly.
Speaker 2: But maybe is that one of the prize is for the winning team. You can just leave your car there for the year. Anyway, right today, then at what time waste her? We got to talk about back injuries, and you've been injured by various bits of furniture. We're looking for injured movies, injured movies. Today. I've got the last traction Hero broken back Mountain. Look Bruce talking, Look Bruce talk.
Speaker 3: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: Spring man is good, sprain sprain man, and forest bump, forest bump, spray man. What have you got?
Speaker 3: No country for rolled ankles? Sorry, no country for rolled ankles.
Speaker 2: But you've just chucked in. You might as well Schindler's rolled ankle list just grow rold rhymes of old so it's slightly.
Speaker 3: I have done a Shindler's list one fist Shindler's limb from the new Fast of the Furious movie Hobbles and Shore very good, yep, And do where's my cartilage?
Speaker 2: Oh? You the last seven days? You finally come around to the joy of the dude wears one?
Speaker 3: Well, that one he does lend itself really well. That one's for Brad actually, who told me on the weekend that he has no cartilage.
Speaker 2: In his knee. Is that possible?
Speaker 3: He says? He claims it's from a football in.
Speaker 2: Come on, that man, it's never played sport in his life. Come on, what kind of eighteenth century football? Old man like that? Oh cattage on his knees? How does he operate? Then?
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's why I said, wouldn't you not be able to walk? But he claims there's no cartlidge.
Speaker 2: It's an important part of the knees of cartilage, all right. So the best one we get today then for your injured movies, text him in now oh force seven five uh oh three one o four three oh four seven five three one oh four three for the artwork time where sir, you can wear The best one gets two hundred bucks today to spend at Bowgowney Estate at the Yarra Vanley. Get two hundred bucks to spend out there for the best one of the next ten minutes. If you're injured movies, text me now oh force seven five o three four three. That's today's Today's that word time waste to a mark intent the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Today's that word time waster. All the talk of injuries is injury movies. Best one the next color miss as we go through a mark all the ones you got pouring in, Thank you very much. Gets two hundred dollars to go at the leg Gowney Estate at Yarra Valley. The Bruce Brothers Silver Plus, Broken Back to the Future, Silver, Stacy and Epping Concussion Air Gold Heath, Good Morning, too Happy Pillmore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually funny.
Speaker 2: Gold and Lida, well done, Spring's World Party Times One of my favorite movies Gold Scott's is that just because it's their name checking one of your favorite movies? Pulp Fracture, Silver, Driving Miss Daisy to the Hospital? Silver, Burn After Bleeding Gold, Ain't the Devil Wears Prosthetics?
Speaker 3: Silver, that's good.
Speaker 2: Juice Broken ribbelow.
Speaker 3: Not very not that good, but it's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Silver plus Whyn't Kathy a scar is Born? Silver plus Jewels in Portlington Port Arlington, Sorry, well done. Snakes on a Sprain Bronze Casts straight Away or Julie Mravin, what's going on there with that on your mind?
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 2: Sprain Spotting Silver Plain Sprains.
Speaker 3: And Automobiles Gold plus.
Speaker 2: How to Lose a Guy in tend and Damage Gold plus Smart Right The Hunt for bed Rest October Silver, Brave Heart Attack Silver, This is a good one. Back to the suture. What's that suture stitches? Oh?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. That's a gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done, Amanda Bohemian Fracturdy Bronze, Starsky and Crutch Gold Crocodile Bungny made me chuckling a lot of that one.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's the current front runner.
Speaker 2: Gold plus one done Tom and Northcote and Romance in the Kidney Stones.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be Crocodile buny.
Speaker 2: Well done, Tom and Northcote. You get the price.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for your emails now light You can email us about anything we've been talking about on the show. We call it late to the party. The email address is very easy. Email me Christian at Gold one O four three dot com dot au. This is a great one. Paula Foster in Mitcham Prince William in your car, that's the subject heading. She had my attention with that. Hi Christian, how you're feeling better? This is not my story. It's my dad's. Funny thing about this is he didn't tell me or my brother about it for years, as his friends told him wasn't very interesting. We were both backpacking in Australia at the time. But still, when you've got a royalty in your that's a bloody interesting story, right. My dad lives in a tiny village in Scotland and was driving along in torrential rain. It was lashing it down really badly. He saw some figures at the side of the road and a big burley guy flagging him down. He then asked if they could drive them to the next town. My dad said, of course. The big burley guy was a minder and gets straight in the front. In the back climbs none other than Prince William and an unknown female. What the hell are they doing in the middle of nowhere? I hear you ask, what the hell are they doing in the middle of nowhere, Paula. When it turns out they were orienteering. This is back in two thousand and two when he was a student at the University of Saint Andrew's. Now, I don't know what these royals think they can get away with. If you're orienteering, you're going to work out and read the compass until that can't get your minder to flag down anyone with his gun or something that holds it, or and just say drivers there and don't worry about the map, We'll just throw it in the rubbish. That sounds like a bit of a coln there. I just got a degree in orienteering. My dad lives at least thirteen minutes driver when that close brackets in UK terms, but that would be nothing to you Australians. They made some small talk, but mainly interested in my dogs and Max, who was a funny old mongrel with a red knickerchief. I don't think many people could say they'd Royalty in their car, Paul, that is incredible. I love the fact that your dad never even bought it up for like two years.
Speaker 3: And that he's made to him. Hey mate, that's done interesting.
Speaker 2: I tell that story you helped a member of the royal household cheat orienteering when he was at college. This comes from Angelina listens to the podcast in Chicago, Christian. I was joined the podcast the other day and you were asking me to call in with their inventories of the junk draw. Yeah, this is the draw that we have in every single house where there is just a load of random rubbish. In Christian here's what I found. By the way, Angela was on a very long conference call and decided to draw the whole contents of the drawer for me. Angel thank you very much for the included artwork. Potato masher, plastic ladle screwdriver with exchangeable head attachment pliers, small green super glue, tiny silver scoop, no unit of measure, no idea, what's doing there? Why? Nope? No, neither Me and my husband drink wine tea diffuser number one of four. We own six large rubber washers for unknown connections, tape, three decks of playing cards, full sets, paper clips, birthday candles, that's a good one in thore as well, birthday candles, chalk plastic bread clips. You know those tiny little tabs. Yeah, I don't know. Why would you be keeping those? Turkey based light bulb too small to fit anything we currently own, and a dentist tool some kind of hook pick. Thank you very much for those. If you got an email for me late to the party, email christianat Gold one o four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Thanks Angie, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow morning, Thursday already tomorrow money every pats back with us as well. Maybe tomorrow we should chat with We should walk out exactly how many days it is since the Grand Final, right, and how many days that Dusty has left his car there? And see if there's anybody else who's left their car longest somewhere you know, whether they've forgotten about it or something happened. If you can talk, I can't off the toime my head. I couldn't tell you how many days it is, but we will by tomorrow, hopefully our minds.
Speaker 3: Would have it will be forty plus forty plus days.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, and he's got no intention of rushing back anytime soon. Has anyone left their car for more than a couple of days If you want to email Anie to a party. Christian at Gold one at four to three dot com dot au. Title of today's show is leave the backside alone. Thanks for listening, Have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three