Speaker 1: The christ Joan O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast has.
Speaker 2: Been to launch in two five to it Tuesday, where every Tuesday on the show we do five phone ins running at the same time.
Speaker 3: Or some other shows are.
Speaker 2: Told that you can only handle one phone in at one time, We say you can handle five. You made this work every single week with all your amazing stories.
Speaker 3: Last week we.
Speaker 2: Had an amazing one for an hour wall to wall, all killer, no filler, and I think you'll enjoy once you got today. All right, Famous people at the movies? What celebrities a listers through to crawl all of them?
Speaker 4: It's none at the bottom of the barrel, o.
Speaker 3: Cilly no, I went. I just met like every kind of celebrity.
Speaker 2: There are a listers and there's a lister plus and that is Shane the man Crawford. You would have never you will never see him at the cinema. That man cannot sit still for ten minutes. He's not checking out the irishman. All right, So famous people at the movies, who have you seen famous going.
Speaker 3: To the cinema? Jack has got a great one to start with.
Speaker 4: I sat in the cinema with Sean mccliffe to watch the two thousand and five King Kong, not a great film, but a great comedian who I loved very much.
Speaker 3: So this is being back when you're working at Hoyts.
Speaker 4: I was at Hoyts. So to check his ticket, I well, not on this occasion. No, I went to the cinema for fifty It only cost us fifty cents. When we worked at Hoyts, you could go to the film for fifty cents.
Speaker 3: What a great job.
Speaker 2: Wer Okay, so celebrities, famous people at the cinema. Yesterday I'm at the gym and there was a couple in their early twenties. They were very chatty, and he was very hands on with her, and I thought it's a bit odd for a personal trainer to put his hands quite like that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, afterwards, I was getting changed and he was in there. I couldn't leave it then, and I went a personal trainer here. I knew he wasn't.
Speaker 2: And because those personal trainers are all gyms, they like you to know they're a personal trainer. The only job were they have it written on their backs what they are because they're so special personal trainer. Anyway, he didn't have that, and he goes, no, no, no, no, And I said, all right, okay, So because you knew so much, I just presume your personal trainer with that girl. He goes, oh, no, we're on a second date, second d second day at the gym.
Speaker 3: They were heading off for lunch.
Speaker 2: It's a safe space, though it's not if but it's hard. If she's not getting on well with him, she's got it. You know, how long is a workout gonna last? And it's like lunch afterwards, it feels like quite a big ordeal. Anyway, weird dates that you've been on after seeing a couple of years, say on a second date at a gym workout. Yesterday, I was talking about the rules that we have in our house for the two girls, the two teenage daughters our If you've got friends coming around, you keep that bedroom door open, especially one of them friends, maybe a man. Sorry boy, just keep keep the door open if it's a boy. Rules your parents had when you were growing up. I remember I was forbidden from hitchhiking, not that I was never going to hitch My mum just saw danger everywhere, still does now. She was a nurse, so she maintained that she saw everything at the hospital danger everywhere. Wasn't out of a skateboard hitch hiking. It was if I went to HITCHI hitchhiking, I would she this, never go hitch hiking or you it was like you might end up It was or you will end up dead in a ditch. Now, the phrase dead in a ditch got said about many things that my mum just didn't want me to do.
Speaker 3: The phrase you will end up dead in a ditch.
Speaker 2: Not you might, or there's very little chance, but you actually you go hitchhiking.
Speaker 3: Christian is not alive anymore. He's dead in a ditch. So rules that your parents had.
Speaker 2: I remember the other one as well, for some reason, that we were never allowed to be and my sister to have wet hair because my mum said it could bring on cancer by having wet or damp hair. Heard that this is a woman who was a nurse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, end up dead in a ditch?
Speaker 2: And where did you fall asleep? Yesterday it was a super Bowl. If only there was a guy on Breakfast Radio Melbourne who could let us know what it was like to go out to a Super Bowl'd be great to hear that at Breakfast what it was like to be out of the super bar, which there was some on the radio that was selfless enough to fly out there at huge costs to report back on something we couldn't see on the TV or anything. You could only hear the man on the radio describe what it's like to be lucky enough to be But anyway, yes, to let the super Bowl are very big, the world's biggest sporting event. It's such a very, very noisy. Someone was on screen fast asleep. You've got to check this footage out online. We're put up on our Facebook page. There's a guy he's not just nodded off. His head's back against the wall and don't know when he's pounded load of beers and he's just peaked too soon.
Speaker 3: His mouth is wide home. He's fast asleep.
Speaker 2: It's so noisy American football. The ch is this guy mouth agape catching z's.
Speaker 3: But where have you fallen asleep?
Speaker 2: Significant places, the strange places that you've actually managed to get some shut eye and accidentally just not off fall asleep.
Speaker 3: So those are your five topics.
Speaker 2: Celebrities, famous people at the movies, seeing them at the cinema.
Speaker 3: We'd dates you've been on.
Speaker 2: Rules your parents had like no hitchhiking from me and ended up dead in a ditch.
Speaker 3: And where did you fall asleep? That's your five topic today.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning to Marie, who said that her parents would never ever let her get on an escalator with her laces untied because otherwise she'd get broken legs.
Speaker 4: Oh als was, yeah, you woul get sucked into the mechanisms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, it's a famous baby.
Speaker 2: You've seen at the cinema unusually and weird dates you've been on rules that your parents had for you when you were growing up.
Speaker 3: Aware have you fallen asleep?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one oh four three Michael, good morning, Good morning. Okay, so you're kicking us off with celebrities at the cinema.
Speaker 3: Who have you seen? I saw the bay, all right, mister horses himself and what was he watching?
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't actually I didn't actually think you was seeing because the actually looked like a bit of a bomb.
Speaker 6: He had some stained with jeans on, and he didn't really look like he was supposed to be in the cinema.
Speaker 2: That's a and I can't there with Barnsy and Pharnsie.
Speaker 3: He can't say no a bum.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it looked like a bit of bum because he had these old son and songs and who.
Speaker 3: Knew we had to dress up in singlets and songs.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Well, the funny the funny thing was I actually saw him at Riccardo's restaurant beforehand, wearing the exact same thing, and then.
Speaker 5: When I saw him at the cinema, I was like, oh, hang on.
Speaker 3: It is him.
Speaker 5: So because at the restaurant I didn't think it was.
Speaker 6: Him, but everyone was getting excited, pointing and and what have you.
Speaker 4: And then he turned around and.
Speaker 5: Obviously was him. But it was a bit of a bit of a funny thing to see a guy like that, you know, in just a place like where everyone is well.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to watch my dress to tie. One is Michael.
Speaker 2: You see me out and about not without a colored shirt or.
Speaker 3: You know the cinema he had.
Speaker 7: There was there was, there was there was There was grease and stuff.
Speaker 3: He didn't work in a car garage during the day repairs into the shit there.
Speaker 2: We need to get down breathwork on the show to apologize and clear up all these wicked rumors about the grease.
Speaker 3: What was it. What was the movie? Michael?
Speaker 5: I was dragger?
Speaker 3: All right, Michael, thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day mate. Alright, Lucy, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi Christian, I'm ringing up a that weird day.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Where did you go?
Speaker 8: He took me to a church first and did not stop dropping the F bomb. And then we went to a supermarket where he made me get one of those loyalty cards.
Speaker 3: Who was this guy, dar Breithway?
Speaker 8: He was a six foot four German, and then he proceeded to pick me up by the back of my jeans because I'm only five ft three. So it was just the weirdest date ever. That's why I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 3: Right, So you go to the church. First of all? What to do with the church? Can I say prayer? Like?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: No. We we got on the freeway and he drives like a madman and he said, I thank you to my church.
Speaker 3: Terminator.
Speaker 8: Definitely we went up to save money because in many times, and all the way up he was swearing. Every second word was the F bomb. And I said to him, when we get in the church, I hope you're not going to swear. We're getting the church. He kneels down does the sign of the Cross and then dropped the F bomb again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know it was crazy.
Speaker 8: No, he just assume again, definitely not now.
Speaker 9: He was scary.
Speaker 8: He was scary and crazy.
Speaker 9: Nah.
Speaker 8: And then and then he showed me he's leg.
Speaker 10: He had a bullet wound from when.
Speaker 9: He saw of him.
Speaker 3: All right, Lucy, thank you very much and cool, take care, thank you.
Speaker 1: Byte.
Speaker 3: It is a great It's take one last call before the news, Cheryl. Good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 10: I love your show. It gets me up every morning. I'm fifty seven and I need more than a vitamin tablet dday.
Speaker 2: Cheryl, thank you very much, and thanks for even giving the show ago. Cheryl, which one are you calling intobout this morning? Mate for five to Tuesday.
Speaker 10: I've actually got two in one.
Speaker 3: I off you go.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 10: It's nineteen seventy eight September. Our family of Stix kids me sixteen down to nine sister. We move from an eleven and a half square house where we're jammed in like hamsters to a more roomy house where I get my own bedroom which happens to be the equal to my parents' room and half a seven bunk beds. Is not going to do it. So I get promised to bed for my sixteenth birthday. I inherit and still have and sleep in a beautiful old raw's eye and with brass flowers bed. I've had it since then. It's never it's had the sides renovated. Of course they've got a bit aware over the years. But anyway, and so new bedroom, new house, new rule. No males in the bedroom. No come up and see my atching. No boyfriend of three years. No, not even brothers, possibly not the cats. And I'm in form a year ten, Form four. I've got a desk, I've got everything. I've got some antiques I bought with some parts on money. I've got his lovely big room. Just me allowed in it, maybe my sister, possibly friends. That's okay, No males. So I get to go out on a date with someone I run into a year after I first sees them, and make a joke. We go to a very sleazy, seedy place in john called this. Oh god, it used to it was in a rough suburb. Anyway, it's still rough. And it was music so loud you couldn't talk, and a lingerie show two bucks ahead. This is nineteen eighty three No. Nineteen eighty two, And I asked afterwards, why did we go there? I still if you were no good the lingerie show would have been worth before.
Speaker 3: But ye is what an idiot? Wow?
Speaker 10: But anyway, so we get to the that's the one I end up getting engaged to at the end of eighty three. Still not allowed in the bedroom is not engaged? No, not up the hallway. Do you know when he was allowed to visit my bedroom after we got back from the honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Right he was finding out to see that raw irom bed with the sizes of been restored.
Speaker 10: Never never been up the hallway other than to wash his hands up to.
Speaker 5: Going to the loop.
Speaker 3: Watched detail here even when.
Speaker 10: Even when Mum and Dad weren't there. Remember the joke, you know the eighties, In the eighties, that was the decade that safe sex met your pearance were away. But anyway, no, it was it was possibly close to the twenty eighth of April nine eighty five, a.
Speaker 3: Date on this story. We've all been wondering which season it was in.
Speaker 10: That's two in one wait, Eryl show.
Speaker 3: And everyone, Cheryl, thank you very much for cooling the show. That's very funny. Thanks a lot, mate, I love it.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Cheryl.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: At topic this morning for five to bit Tuesday. Wherever you managed to fall asleep? Rules that your parents had, weird dates you've been on and seeing famous people at the cinema nine four one four one oh four three is in number.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Trevor.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Trevor, Good morning, boys and girls.
Speaker 11: How are we?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's all the boys and girls. All the boys and girls are good and we hope you're well, Trevor. Which story you're calling it about?
Speaker 11: That? It's weird dates?
Speaker 3: Where did you go? Trevor?
Speaker 11: My date was a blind date and a nudist speech?
Speaker 2: That is I mean, you're getting straight down to checking each other out, aren't you. There's no sort of mysteriousness about what they might look like naked.
Speaker 11: We've never met before. We've decided we'd go to the nudist beeech and that's what we did. And that was a blind date at the nudis speech.
Speaker 3: So you never met before? So how are you pointing each other out? So to speak? Weren't pointing anyone out here?
Speaker 4: Speech I'll be the guy with the because he can't say red hat, you can't say white t.
Speaker 3: Shirt, the guy with one that's slightly longer than the other one.
Speaker 8: No, no, no no.
Speaker 11: We met in the car park and then went to the nudist speech.
Speaker 3: Right, So what you met in the car park clothed clothed?
Speaker 11: Yes, because you on to it.
Speaker 3: You can't be check and going to later on. That just needs to know what the protocol is. Do I turn up naked or other changing facilities?
Speaker 11: You go to the beach, then you disrobe at the beach.
Speaker 3: Disrobe that's what you call it. And tell me this, Trevor. Did you see each other again after the disrobing?
Speaker 11: Yes, it is, yeah, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 3: All right, great place, Trevor. Thank you very much. You called me.
Speaker 11: I have a good day, no eyes, guys, have a good one. Lovely show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you, Trevor. I get the feeling of Trevor's calling you naked, Blake. Good morning morning.
Speaker 5: How are you going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, Blake. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: Five to witch Tuesday. So tell us about the place you've fallen asleep. This guy yestad at the Super Bowl, what was it for you.
Speaker 5: I've fallen asleep at the Grand Prix and Melbourne. I'll leave the last five or six years.
Speaker 3: How it's the world's noisiest sport.
Speaker 2: I mean rockets going round every couple of minutes. The noise you can hear four wherever you are in Melbourne? Where's the Grand Prix here?
Speaker 5: And it's really good for a long weekend on your feet all day at the timement, roll around, pretty warm, pretty tired.
Speaker 3: Have you can chuck it into the hospitality and the bees? Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Usually?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Wow? Do you do this every year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wexcuse I think I've fallen asleep.
Speaker 2: I reckon that would put the drivers off. If I was Lewis Hamilton, I kept going round sleep. I'm going to do a donut now and try.
Speaker 3: And wake him up.
Speaker 5: Usually my mate's like cowboy anything like.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have to look out for you on the coverage. If we can see our man late, they're catching some zis a right blake. Thank you very much for calling you.
Speaker 3: Uh Simone, Hi, here are going I'm good? So talking about the rules that your parents had, what was it for you? Okay?
Speaker 6: I was going out with my boyfriend and when we would be saying goodbye, my mum woun flicked in front like porch to say, come in, you've had enough time. If we didn't take any.
Speaker 2: Notice of that, like a lighthouse calling you back in, come in number nine, Come in number, your time is up.
Speaker 6: Oh no, get it gets better, it gets better if we didn't, if we didn't take any notice of that, she would then open the door and yell out, simone, get inside. And if we didn't take any notice of that, she would physically come out and say get inside now.
Speaker 3: And how old were.
Speaker 6: I was seventeen when I started going out with my boyfriend. I had a curfew was twelve o'clock until the day I got married, and I was twenty three.
Speaker 3: Agree with a problem. It's a six o'clock See how it goes.
Speaker 2: Six o'clock in by six pm? Whuntil all sudden I just a flat six o'clock.
Speaker 6: If it was daylight savings, and we sort of thought, oh cool, you know we've got an extra hour. No no, no, no, no, no daylight saving. This doesn't turn over until two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Simone, I'm going to use that porch light trip because my daughter takes ages out there on the porch saying goodbye to her friend who is a boy. And I'm going to start using the old lights coming on and off, me just staring through the shutters at them as well.
Speaker 3: The lights off that looks damping it all? Is that your dad staring always?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, so thank you very much.
Speaker 6: On her till twenty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so thanks you advice, thanks mate, Bye bye Andy? How then will just keep this going for Can I run this out to day?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 7: Today all Christian act, So make an.
Speaker 3: Entrance ar Andy. Andy, you're live on the radio on Gold. What's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 7: I actually fell fell asleep in a twenty four hour mountain bike race. So there's a mountain bike race that that you're literally on the track for twenty four hours and around about start at midday and you're riding away until midnight. And then it hit around about two o'clock and I started hitting a bit of a lull, as you would riding for fourteen hours straight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I thought I'll pull over for a pell.
Speaker 3: Then it.
Speaker 7: Did, so I cuddled up into the ditch near a tree and.
Speaker 1: The bike.
Speaker 7: And I was sleeping away and the other annoying thing was that each participants would keep on coming path ah A you.
Speaker 3: All right mate, Sorry, that's amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was pretty cool, Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Great, all right, Andy, thank you very much and call make good on you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast email here from Isabella, just a tail end of this morning's.
Speaker 2: Five to a Tuesday. One thing we're talking about with his parents and the rules they have for you. Christian my work, so I can't call him, but we a really stream were all growing up. We weren't allowed to eat boss Castle pies. What I don't grab my attention. The company had their bakery in the next street over from us, so every morning, the whole suburb with smell of onion. My mom was so sick of the smell. She decided if we didn't eat the pies, they'd got up business.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Chris, and I'm sure if you tried a Boscastle pie, I have the very nice. They're not of the best around. So the loss of four customers was never really going to impact their sales live the show. But that's a TYPEO for live the show, even a show better. That's a great email.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Four people wouldn't have the pies. They come out business kids. We'll see the back of them. Well, we will see out the boss Castle Corporation.
Speaker 4: There's another topic in places, like good businesses that your parents forbid.
Speaker 2: You go, oh, let's do that tomorrow. Yeah, my mum's and dwans and they're fat wise. That's no son of mine has ever gone back.
Speaker 7: Mind.
Speaker 2: I had to fall out with the chip shop after they overcharged him I think about forty two p and for ten years. We had to then slept for ages ago and they were the best fish and chip shop in town by far, and they were at the end of our road. I could walk there, but now we had to go in the car, so we will get less fish and chips. They even changed hands, and I kept saying to my dad, they don't those people aren't there anymore.
Speaker 3: I think he even died at one point.
Speaker 2: My dad went doesn't matter. So yeah, I think my dad fat, wiles and bad that they rest like podcastle bies. That's on tomorrow's show if you want to get in early to the party. Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast