Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn Brady, your work, our windows done?
Speaker 3: My world?
Speaker 2: Reason the dust only good, babs all down. I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll big get and what I want it. Don't mattle where This is the pickup?
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, it's the pickup with Britt Harkley and Laura Bird Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Did you have a cracking weekend?
Speaker 2: Laws? Did we have a cracking weekend?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: It feels like a lifetime ago already. Honestly it does. No, Matt's been away. I parented by myself. Def weekend.
Speaker 3: Didn't ask you about Matt's weekend, but thank you. I'm glad that he had a great weekend away.
Speaker 4: It directly impacts me, though, because when he's away, I'm solely responsible for our children. So I had a kid's birthday party that was exciting. It was actually my niece.
Speaker 2: And what else? I did you remember? Nothing that exciting?
Speaker 4: But you know what is living? Rent free my head at the moment. I read an article on the weekend of Rihanna and it was a photo that she posted after giving birth to one of her children. And she's in the delivery suite in her bed like baby nestled into her bosoms, and she's wearing a full neck of pearls and sunglasses, and she's posted this as like a tribute to her kid. But then she's written at the bottom of her caption, she's like, yes, I did deliver wearing sunglasses and pearls.
Speaker 2: Don't ask me about it. A lot was going on.
Speaker 3: I did see it, and I thought, wow, you are wearing a house on your neck, like the value of what she's wearing and how dressed up she is. But what are the summings about now?
Speaker 4: I was impressed because when I was giving birth, I ripped every single thing off me. I was like, animalistically naked on all fours and here's Rihanna being amazing wearing sunglasses and pearls.
Speaker 2: I was like, if only I could be that glamorous. What do you mean you were.
Speaker 3: Ripping everything off you?
Speaker 2: I was like, I couldn't be more naked.
Speaker 4: I needed to be completely free of everything, just like I felt so restricted and I felt like sick and just I needed to be naked.
Speaker 2: Don't know how else described it.
Speaker 3: Did you give birth on all fours? No?
Speaker 4: Because I had an Epi durol. So I was on my back, but I would have loved to have been on all fours.
Speaker 3: Are we still talking about the same thing or how you got.
Speaker 2: To that point?
Speaker 4: It feels more natural because gravity helps, Yeah, gravity helps take control, whereas like when you're laying on your back, it's not really conducive for giving birth.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we got her out, both of them.
Speaker 3: I'm really happy for your congratulations and congratulations to Rihanna, pearls and all. She's had a beautiful baby. What does she have but we were a girl.
Speaker 2: Did she just have a baby. I think it was a throwback, babe, it was not a new baby.
Speaker 3: She just gave birth. Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: She's just that's her baby. I don't think it was supposed for International Women's Day.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought she just had a baby. No, the baby was born in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty two. There were two of them, and there's not a third one. I'm sorry I don't follow up Rihanna's pregnancies. Hey, someone else had a really big weekend. My fiance Ben.
Speaker 2: Did he go to a birthday party too?
Speaker 3: He gave birth? No, he had his Bucks party. Yeah, the last big hurrah before I tie him down and he's stuck with me forever. So I'm going to tell you how that went down after break. I actually can't believe that this is something that we're even doing. But I am getting married, which is weird. I'm going to have a Hen's party.
Speaker 4: You say that every time, but you've been getting married for like six months now, it can't just hit you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm thirty seven want to get married. I never thought I was gonna get married. You get to the point where you're like, that's not gonna happen for me.
Speaker 2: I'm moving on.
Speaker 3: I gave up on love.
Speaker 2: But what thirty seven? You're not a hundred brew I know.
Speaker 3: I'm saying the time has come where we're like having our bus parties and bachelorette parties and stuff. And so my fiancee Ben had his Bucks party over in Italy on the weekend. Now, if you don't know, he's not bougie. He didn't fly to Italy for his Bucks, but Ben lives in Italy, so a few of his friends flew from around Europe. They had this amazing weekend planned and I just thought I was going to be like the best girlfriend, sorry fiance. Where I was like, babe, you know what, I'm giving you a free pass, free rein not to cheat. But I was like, do whatever you want, have as much fun as you want. If you want to go to a strip club, you can go to a strip club. If you want a party all night, party all night, okay.
Speaker 4: But when you say free pass, how far does the free pass go? Because if you're saying you can go to a strip club, can he have.
Speaker 2: A lap dance no touching? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know I had lap dance. So there's not really a free pass a very restricted path.
Speaker 3: Well, I meant more of a free pass is in like you don't have to contact me for two days until the weekend's over. Like I don't want you to feel like as long as I know you're okay and safe, Like I just want him to have fun with his friends. And I was trying to be like really cool and laid back and stuff, and I genuinely was there's nothing. There is not one percent of me that worries about him anyway. So I was like, free pass talked in a couple of days, He's like, oh yeah, boys. All I heard was I could hear him going. All I heard is free pass like it's on, and I was like, love, you have the best time. Within four minutes, he was started to send me photos, updates, updates, four minutes four minutes previously, and they're photos of his like the best pinion me I've ever had. It was a picture of his sandwich and I was like, I was like, faith, go out. I was like, what are you.
Speaker 4: Doing, Like, actually, I've upped it.
Speaker 2: Please go and get a lap dance and something.
Speaker 3: So decressively he slashed. The boys continued to call me throughout the night and like update me. They wanted to talk to me. He sent me messages and it got to the point where I didn't think I was gonna say this. I was like, babe, don't call me back. I was like, go to a strip club or something. I was like, go and let loose. He's like, oh, I just thought you'd want to keep posted. We're having lots of fun. I was like, I know, baby. I was like, please go and live your best life. And it just made me think back to when.
Speaker 2: I met Ben.
Speaker 3: Originally it was supposed to be a one night stand, and the reason I chose Ben was I saw him as like this tall, beautiful athlete that was foreign, that wasn't going to be in Australia for long, and I was like, oh, bingo, this guy's going to be an absolute player.
Speaker 2: This man, he's very sweet. He could not be any.
Speaker 3: Further from a player that even with me, I felt like I needed to go over there and walk him into a club and be like, have fun. It's almost like I needed to push him into it. He was just so concerned.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's going to be people listening to this who were deeply divided, because there will be some people like, yeah, my partner's so dry, and there's other people who have had their partners go to Bucks parties and have had very different outcomes or very different feelings around it. The thing I don't get is like I don't understand why a strip club or strippers have to be synonymous with Bucks or Hens parties.
Speaker 2: Like I actually don't even know if my husband got a stripper. He probably did.
Speaker 4: They had the party at our house, so we as the girls, we went away and we went to an airbnb. But Matt he had all of the boys come to our house and like, surprisingly, there was no remnants of the destruction of what had happened. The only thing that had gone wrong is like someone had sat on our bin and the bin was broken. So I was like, that's wow, that was it got crazy. Maybe someone got a lip dance on the bin. I don't know, but like, I don't understand why. That's kind of like the thing that we need to give people a caveat for when we have a Bucks or Hen's party.
Speaker 3: Totally and when I say, Babe, go to a strip club, go fine. I didn't actually want him to go to a strip club. It was a test he passed. It was a test.
Speaker 2: No, No, you guys wanted him to do it so that you can do it. I understand, I've seen it. We've talked about on the podcast before. That's right now, the day that will be on another show whatever. I'm out here now.
Speaker 4: This is the beef that is just keeps on giving. It's the beef between Bailey.
Speaker 2: That's not the right saying.
Speaker 3: It's the gift that the beef doesn't keep giving.
Speaker 4: It a butcher no, but it's like it's a beef that's never ending. One might say, Okay, maybe that's a better way of putting it.
Speaker 2: It's like a string of sausages. Okay, Hailey Beaber Selena Gomez.
Speaker 4: Everyone was speculating that there was a crossover between Hailey Beaber and Selena Gomez when they were dating.
Speaker 2: Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: I just want to put my two cents in quickly.
Speaker 2: Does anyone go for it?
Speaker 3: Precuse anyone care?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm on this show as a host, so I'm hoping that someone cares. What I have to say my two cents is that I don't think it's beef between them. I think it's one sided beef. I think it's Hailey Beaber. I think Selena Gomez is fine with it. She's down, She's moved on with the life, and Hailey cannot let go.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree, Selena. Do you care what happens?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: I do? I do? I thought you were going to talk.
Speaker 4: About the overlap of their relationship from like five years ago.
Speaker 3: Knows.
Speaker 4: Okay, Benny Blanco and Selena obviously moved on.
Speaker 2: They're happy.
Speaker 4: They're so happy and in love that they're doing really cringe photo shoots.
Speaker 2: Together because they don't care.
Speaker 4: They just want to like explore their happiness and in loveness here. So there's these photos that are going around, and it's like Selena's kind of half naked and she's got a finger in Bennie Blanco's mouth, and then she's laying down on the ground and she's got her feet on his face.
Speaker 2: Objectively, they're kind of a.
Speaker 4: Bit odd the photos, right, but I think they're cute. But they clearly love each other so much, and like, who cares. So there's a TikToker who's created a compilation of all of these pictures and she's written, if I had to see these.
Speaker 2: So do you? That's the caption.
Speaker 4: Now, Hailey Bieber has liked the very I would say, like very catty posts that.
Speaker 2: This woman's put together. Have listened to this.
Speaker 3: Hailey Bieber herself liked my TikTok. I feel like this is definitive proof that when Hailey Bieber is like.
Speaker 2: Oh it's all love, Oh good, we have absolutely no beef, everything is completely fine, she's lying.
Speaker 4: So I don't think that there is any like reality or any world where she's purposely liked this. I think she's been scrolling through she's seen something. She lingered too long on TikTok. I know that she knows what it was. But I don't think she meant to like it, because I don't think that anyone who is as much of a public figure as what Hailey Baber is would want this sort of thing to come back up again.
Speaker 2: I disagree you think she don't.
Speaker 3: She has done this so many times that you would be more careful. This is an active decision to double tap.
Speaker 2: That love pard. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just think it's so deeply petty, Like, surely no one is that petty.
Speaker 2: I say this because I feel like I've made.
Speaker 4: A lot of mistakes on social media over the years, and I think it's really easy to do. So it's really easy to accidentally like a photo that you didn't mean to like. It happens many moons ago. So I was a little bit. I don't want to say I was obsessed, because I wasn't obsessed, but I was very interested in my current boyfriend. So okay, I was very interested in my current boyfriend's ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: He's not my current boyfriend anymore. I'm now married, I've moved on. This was my twenties at the time.
Speaker 4: At the time, my boyfriend at the times ex girlfriend. The reason for that is because there had been like a bit of crossover, kind of similar.
Speaker 2: To Haley and Selena.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very similar.
Speaker 4: He has lied to me about it, and she was like always posting things that were kind of cryptic and for him, and it was very messy, but I was like hooked on the drama of it, so I would always like look up.
Speaker 2: Her Facebook profile.
Speaker 3: But you went with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was my boyfriend of like six months when she was the ex, and she was the ex. So this one day I went to look up her profile and Facebook and then I got distracted and I had to go to work, like I just typed it in off I went, and then I went to check my phone, which has been sitting in the pigeonhole at work, and I had all these miscalls from my boyfriend and also all these messages from people on Facebook.
Speaker 2: How lovely girls is that you had to put your phone in a pigeon hole.
Speaker 4: I was a waitress, okay, So I had updated my status with her full name, her entire name, just Hannah Chuck, and I'd updated my status press post as my current boyfriend's ex girlfriend's name.
Speaker 3: I deceased.
Speaker 2: I hated myself. I'm sure a lot of powah, did you he called me, and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: He goes, I don't know what was going on in your life this morning, but you might want to take down your status update.
Speaker 2: And I went on there and I was like, oh, yeah, I hate myself so embarrassed for you. That's how Hailey Baber feels.
Speaker 3: That's definitely not the same thing I remembered. He's saying similar, but not quite as public. So mine was more internal. But I had been sort of seeing this guy and I had a huge, huge crush on him, and he started dating this new girl too, this like hot little blonde thing, and I became like, so also equally interested in her life.
Speaker 2: Not obsessed, just very interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I remember looking her up on Facebook too. I don't even use Facebook now, but I remember looking her up on Facebook trying to see it, and then she was private. I can't see anything, so it's no point left. It got on with it, and he messaged me later from like another country and he's like, like, why are you trying to infiltrate my relationship? And I was like sorry what. He's like, why are you trying to be friends with Sarah? And I was like, I don't understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I just had actually friend requested up and so she's gone on and been like, hey, why is your ex trying to be my friend? And he was like, I don't know, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Let me talk.
Speaker 3: She's like, can you talk? I was so embarrassed and I had to just own it. I was like, oh, look, I was just trying to suss out who you were dating and why she was so good.
Speaker 2: I was brown so embarrassed. I just have to own it. You really do.
Speaker 4: We have been talking about the little drama that's going down online currently between Hailey Bieber and Selena Gomez. Now it's a one sided drama. What happened? And just to give you in a nutshell is there was quite a shady post that a TikToker had made about Selena Gomez and her beautiful fiance Benny Blanco and their lovely relationship. They had some kind of cringey photos taken together.
Speaker 3: They're in love, they're happy, they're living their best life.
Speaker 4: But debatably these photos were a little bit cringe and the TikTok that was put together was a bit of a dig at them. And they're like, you know, just like how grossly in love they are. And Hailey Bieber liked it. She shamelessly liked that TikTok. And the question is whether it was done as an accident, maybe she lingered a little bit too long, or was she really that spiteful?
Speaker 3: I reckon she was spiteful. Oka She's like, yeah, doubtap, that was TRINGEJF. That's what I thoughn't think she thought. No.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we were talking about all the embarrassing things that we've done over the years, and like the accidental likes or the accidental friend ads, whatever it is that you've done where you have that moment and you realize you just sent a love heart to someone who you should not have done it to, or maybe the.
Speaker 3: Non accidental ones. I will never forget when I really liked that guy and you were like, show me his Instagram. So I gave it to you, trusting you as a colleague, work wife, best friend.
Speaker 2: And we were so deep. We were back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: We weren't deep. You were back in nineteen ninety seven liking his photos. I was mortified. She gave me the phone back. It was about twenty five likes. No do you know what though?
Speaker 4: And in my defense, because we've been friends for a very long time, we did hook up. So yeah, yeah, I did this to help you. I did this because I was like, if I like at least ten photos from back in the archives.
Speaker 2: He will know you're key.
Speaker 3: I am calling bs. He'll think I'm a stalker, not keen. You went too far? Do you or shag him? Yes? But you're only lucky that his standards were low.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, look, Vanessa wrote into the text line, and she said that she accidentally responded with a laughing emoji to someone's funeral.
Speaker 2: Notice it was a total mistake.
Speaker 3: You can't recover from that unless you say you think that they're tears. But even then, just a throwaway emoji isn't enough for a funeral announcement. Like, you need words, you need dialogue. I don't think you just need pictures. Okay, Yeah, you could get out of that. You could say I thought.
Speaker 2: That was sad.
Speaker 3: I doubt it all right, Hannah wrote in took a video of why Hana took a video of myself doing a huge fart to send her some friends, but I accidentally posted on my store.
Speaker 2: Don't get that content away for free? How are you silly?
Speaker 3: Hang on, what groups of young females are sending farts to each other?
Speaker 2: Genuinely, I'm not going to yuck anyone's yum I am. If you send me a fart, I'll block you. I don't.
Speaker 4: Look, we've got Molly on the line. Molly, what did you accidentally do?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I had a friend her ex messaged her like three weeks prior to me seeing her, asking to catch up, and she was like, hell no. Three weeks later, she's showing me the messages and I accidentally sent him a thumbs up from her account.
Speaker 3: Three weeks later, after hell no, it's okay. I've had to change your thoughts, did he right back?
Speaker 1: He did, And she really just had to pretend that she didn't know what happened and then just stopped replying. I attended like it.
Speaker 2: To you more so rather than what did she say to him?
Speaker 1: Look, I'm probably the joker of the group, so if anyone was going to do it on purpose, was probably going to be me. And I was like, no, I swear I WoT and it accidentally just brushed it and I'm just gone on. I'm so sorry. We are still friends. We managed to laugh.
Speaker 3: At all, so hang on to you.
Speaker 4: Mollie accidentally clicked into emojis, responded with her thumbs up, and sent it with lots of accidental clicking.
Speaker 3: I think I'm calling beer. So did you mean to do that? No?
Speaker 1: You know, like on the right how messenger already has the thumbs up. Oh yeah, and you react to the one click. Yep, that's what I've done.
Speaker 2: Like easy mistake.
Speaker 4: We got Julia on the line. Julia, what did you accidentally do?
Speaker 1: So my mom was into stalking my brother's new girlfriend and whilst trying to zoom in on a picture, accidentally double tapped on Instagram and light it.
Speaker 2: No, that's such a rookie error.
Speaker 4: People who don't know how to use Instagram who try and zoom, they.
Speaker 1: Need Instagram supervision. They can't just go double tapping all the time.
Speaker 3: Do you know what my mom dear? This is I mean not the same. But when the Instagram first came out, my mom didn't really understand it, and so she used to comment on my photos, but she didn't know it was public, so it would literally just be like she was messaging me. So she used to write me like, hey, bitty, what time, are you going for dinner tonight? She it's okay. Like she would write to me like it was a private on your wall, but on my just on my page, and I'd have to write back and be like, Mum, this stitch was fine.
Speaker 4: But to text me, Julia, I had a very similar situation to this happened to me, So this will make your mum feel better. I was very casually dating a guy for only about two or three weeks and his mum friend requested.
Speaker 2: Me, Oh god. I was like, this is too much.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the call, Julia.
Speaker 4: We have been teasing all show how you could win five thousand dollars here on the Pickup because we are running a competition this week and it is the Pickup's Quest for the Best, which is all in alignment with Disney's new Snow White movie, which is out in cinemas on March twenty.
Speaker 3: I tell you what I could do with a little five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I can't nominate yourself for it, Sorry, I nominate myself.
Speaker 3: I really love Rihanna would nominate herself, wouldn't she She would? Yeah, Like International Woman's Day she did. We're talking earlier. She nominated herself for Internationalman's Day, for being a beast, like giving birth to two children. Anyway, it's another story. It's about like finding those unsung heroes in your life or in your community, someone that you just feel like is doing the good work, that always shows up, that deserves that shout out and the five thousand dollars. That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 4: I know with these sorts of things, often your mind goes through I'm going to nominate like my mother in law or my mom or my.
Speaker 2: Sister who I did? I did?
Speaker 4: I was going to nominate my mother in law, but then we got told, look, no, it's not about your family members. It's a moment to try and hero people who are within your community or who you might see every day today and they bring a real smile to your face.
Speaker 3: I want to give you an example. So I had a little good think about people in my life that I think have like shown up for me or helped me. And my next door neighbor in my apartment building. So I live alone, and I've lived alone for a long time, and my next door neighbor is a man, a Russian man named a mill. He's in his like I'd say Oh, I hope he doesn't listen to this. I'd say late sixties maybe and very thick accent. But every single time I have ever had an issue, he's there in a heart beat to help me. He's there to fix something. He's there to fix my hot water. He takes me downstairs. I was about to say he takes me down the basement, but he does. But like whenever my power, I've had a lot of issues with power and water. He's always going down no matter what time with little torch to fix it for me. Like he's just someone that has really helped me in the last year.
Speaker 4: I can vouch for this because a little hot tip Britt lives in my old apartment so Emili used to be my neighbor, and he's always so generous and so lovely. Look, I have a couple of people who I'd recommend, but who recommend who I would nominate.
Speaker 2: But now that you've said that, the one.
Speaker 4: Person who comes to mind is a really good friend of ours named Falcon Monte Cristo, who is the most He's a real man, and he is genuinely the most generous person I have ever met. He is the sort of person where even recently, I was out of the house and I thought I'd left a steamer on and I messaged him and I was like, oh, my goodness, I think that there's a.
Speaker 2: Steamer on at home. Can you go and check?
Speaker 4: And he drove to my house, went inside and checked it. Because he's that kind of friend.
Speaker 2: I bet you it was. It wasn't because it was not on.
Speaker 3: Notorious for thinking that you've left something on that's going to burn the house.
Speaker 4: That he is just like, he's the type of person that would do anything for anyone. He would drop anything or everything to be there to support his friends or to support strangers who are own need. And they're the type of people that we want you to nominate. So it's the quest for the best.
Speaker 2: Send them on in.
Speaker 4: Whoever it is that you think has brought some real joy to people's lives around you, and we're going to pick out the best nominations for your chance to win five thousand dollars this week.
Speaker 3: Yep, you just have to head over to the wind page to enter. So please have a really good think about someone in your community. It might be someone that works down at the local coffee shop. It might be someone that's at a supermarket, someone you've crossed paths with before, have a really good thing, who you think could deserve five thousand dollars. Head to our wimpage and enter and we cannot wait to give this money away.
Speaker 2: I am itching to give it away.