Speaker 1: Here in the vast plains of Adelaide, South Australia, two young males engage in an ancient ritual known as a podcast. Its purpose, to attract mates. And by mates, we mean listeners. They're both married, so please don't slide into their DMs. Their names are Ben and Liam.
Speaker 2: G'day there, podcaster.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 4: You well? Bring in producer Bill Jackson. What's your middle name? Should I work that out? I could probably know that. What is her middle name? Louise.
Speaker 5: Ew.
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Isabella.
Speaker 4: Don't tell us. Just work it out. Can you give us the letter? G.
Speaker 2: Isabella Jack Jackson.
Speaker 4: Are you serious, Ben? Jade.
Speaker 7: It's a G.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: She's saying G, not J.
Speaker 2: I'm dyslexic.
Speaker 3: I'm BGJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm dyslexic. Leave me alone.
Speaker 4: Come on, guys.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: I know everything about you two.
Speaker 4: What's my middle name?
Speaker 2: Gwen.
Speaker 3: Peter James.
Speaker 4: Very good. What's Ben's?
Speaker 1: James.
Speaker 2: It's John. Incorrect. How dare you?
Speaker 3: That's your brother's name, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What's his middle name?
Speaker 3: Shut up, Liam.
Speaker 2: Also, Freddie's middle name.
Speaker 8: James?
Speaker 4: Is that after me?
Speaker 2: After his uncle, but yeah.
Speaker 4: You managed to weave in the best man and the better man into his middle name. That's good. It's clever. It's nice.
Speaker 2: You see how you're on.
Speaker 4: You've never told me that before.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, why don't we jump into the... Well, as your godfather, you should know what his middle name is, right?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah. No, she never told me. It was an ode to me.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You knew it was James. Yeah. Let's jump into the pod.
Speaker 4: Let's jump into the pod.
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: And then, no, no, we'll get to that. It's technically schloppy.
Speaker 2: This is getting too sloppy.
Speaker 4: It's too schloppy.
Speaker 2: This is getting too sloppy.
Speaker 4: Don't you want to know more? Yeah, no, we do. We'll just get to it at the end of the podcast. Oh, okay. If anything, it's a good hook for people.
Speaker 2: Why'd you gong me in now? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just to save time. Anyway, let's enjoy the podcast. It's a fun one. Enjoy Bird Moosh. And on the back of this podcast, we have a lot to discuss.
Speaker 2: Liam, not off to a good start.
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 2: I was driving to work and there was a bird on the road and it had already been run over. So I didn't run the bird over. It had already been run over. I was too late to kind of veer off to the right. And so I smooshed it further into the road.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: And it's never a good feeling.
Speaker 4: It's not. But you were pretty sure the bird had already passed away.
Speaker 2: It was properly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Smushed already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just feel bad. It was disrespectful, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just didn't like driving through the mush.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Didn't feel nice.
Speaker 4: Well, what a way to start the show, hey? Now everyone's feeling really good about themselves.
Speaker 2: No one likes to drive through the mush.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes you drive through some mush and you don't even know what it was. You don't know what it was. There might be some fur there or something resembles a little something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, other times you might see perhaps a kangaroo that's perished. And it's been there for probably maybe a week or two. It's starting to beach ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you think someone should come get that.
Speaker 4: Once I saw a crow eating some vomit. And I was like.
Speaker 2: On the road?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I was walking to work and a crow was just eating a little vomit breakfast. And I was like, if that's not a bad omen, I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, people are like, oh, I saw a black cat. That's unlucky. If you see a crow just picking up some vomit, you're like. I'm going to die this week.
Speaker 2: But I'm still good.
Speaker 4: So I made it through. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right. Let's start the show.
Speaker 4: I promise it's not always as bleak.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: If you were like, I'm going to flick over from Jodie and Hazy. I'm going to see what they're doing on Kiss. See what those guys are about. I've seen their, you know, their big, ads across the buses with their faces in eggs or beans or whatever. And then we're like, we drove over some bird mush. I saw a bird-eating bomber.
Speaker 2: I like to think that we're the show that's not afraid to talk about the real topics.
Speaker 4: So true. Some people shy away.
Speaker 2: I guarantee someone else driving into work this morning also drove over some bird mush, and they had the same ick that I had.
Speaker 4: And now they feel.
Speaker 2: Seen.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: And you are seen.
Speaker 4: You are seen if you've driven over some bird mush.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: If that was you, 131065, you give us a bus this morning, you don't have to have driven over bird mush to play the quiz.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: It would help. It would help.
Speaker 2: You can call. The 610 Quiz. Five questions between you and a $ 100 voucher for the Lighthouse Wharf Hotel. Planning a special event? Celebrate at the Lighthouse Wharf Hotel. Port Adelaide, great food, stunning waterfront views. Book your function today.
Speaker 4: G'day, Renee and Salisbury Park. How you doing? I'm good.
Speaker 5: How are you guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're well, we're well. Look, five questions in front of you. Let's see how you go. This is pretty wild. The Bomb Squad was called after tradies renovating a Port Adelaide property found a live bomb in a fireplace.
Speaker 2: I saw this, like, yesterday afternoon come from my feed. It's like a... It's like when you think bomb, it's like a textbook looking bomb.
Speaker 4: Like a World War II.
Speaker 2: It's a mortar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretty wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the raids of London type.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you please spell detonate?
Speaker 5: Detonate.
Speaker 6: D-E-T-O-N-A-T-E.
Speaker 4: She's done it.
Speaker 2: Crazy because they found the bomb, right? And then they called, I believe, the police. And then the police were like, well, we don't know what to do with that. So then they called the army. And the army came and took it. to the RAF base and detonated it.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: Was the bomb squad called.
Speaker 7: At all?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it was the bomb squad. Producer Bell, do you know the story? Because you're trying to mouth something at me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you've got to get facts straight, mate. Yeah, so they found it, called the police. Police had the bomb squad come and then they transported it safely to the army base, which it was then disarmed there.
Speaker 2: That's basically what I said.
Speaker 3: No, you said the army came to the house.
Speaker 2: Wrong. I like to imagine the army came in a big truck.
Speaker 4: I just like people being like, I don't know. They keep referring up. Like, you need the special police for that. We need the bomb squad for that. We need the army.
Speaker 2: Imagine being the person at the army who goes like, what am I doing today? I get to detonate that thing.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool. Yeah. What do they do? Do they shoot it from a distance?
Speaker 2: Can they put it really far away and they'll take pot shots?
Speaker 4: That'd be sick. I don't think I'd like to be in the army, but that would be the one fun thing you could do. Occasionally detonate a big bomb. In a safe place, of course. Anyway, let's move on. There's an article today exposing the harshness of private school camps. Must be hard. Where did you go in your school camp?
Speaker 5: Moriota.
Speaker 4: Oh, yep. We went to Mylaw. Mylaw is pretty good. Yeah. I think that's where the Scouts go as well. And we went to a place called... It was actually Tunkilo.
Speaker 5: I couldn't think of it, but it's Tunkilo.
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's all right. Did you go to Narnoo Farm?
Speaker 9: Oh, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I'm too old. We went there as kids.
Speaker 2: I reckon we did, was it Woodside? Yeah. We did Challenge Hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's, I thought Challenge Hill was my law.
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: I think so. Oh, maybe. Yeah, yeah. It's like, it's the rock climbing.
Speaker 2: Our school never did an actual camp. We went there and we did like a couple of days, but we went back home at night.
Speaker 4: That seems like a hassle. It's not that far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It's like 45 minutes.
Speaker 4: That's part of the fun, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. We never got to do the camp.
Speaker 4: Capture the flag, you know?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we were really chatty this morning. Let's try and rip through these. Happy birthday, Aaron Paul, a.k.a. Jesse from Baking Bad. What does he cook with Mr. White?
Speaker 5: Coke.
Speaker 4: He does not cook cocaine. Oh, I'm sorry. No, unfortunately not. Trish in Hillbank, do you know... Yeah, g'day. Do you know what Aaron Paul, a.k.a. Jesse Pinkman, was cooking up with Mr.
Speaker 7: White?
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: No, Mr.
Speaker 10: White's.
Speaker 4: First time we've had the answer of meth for one of our questions as well. But it won't be the last. Harry and Megan have officially moved back to the UK. Aside from London, what's another city in the UK? Scotland? No. Unfortunately, that's a country. That's a country. Yeah, true. So we'll have to move to Christy in Dover Gardens. Any other city in the UK other than London?
Speaker 11: Birmingham?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 9: Birmingham.
Speaker 4: Last one here. Rest in peace, Tim Curry. Passed away same age as Dolly. 80 years old. Can you finish these lyrics?
Speaker 12: Let's do the time walk together.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: It was going so well.
Speaker 4: And then you just took a hard right and smashed into a brick wall at the end there.
Speaker 3: No worries.
Speaker 2: You had the voucher.
Speaker 4: It was there.
Speaker 2: It was there.
Speaker 4: It was within your grasp. And then last minute it just slipped away, unfortunately. Simon. Can you finish these lyrics for us?
Speaker 7: Let's do the time warp again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Smashing. Well done, Simon. If you didn't know, Tim Curry is also the voice of Nigel Thornberry. Who is the voice Liam's doing now.
Speaker 4: Smashing.
Speaker 2: There you go. Good on you, Simon, mate. Hunter Oliver Voucher coming your way for the Lighthouse Wharf Hotel.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear Liam do a bit more Nigel or are you a bit over that?
Speaker 4: Nah, he can keep going.
Speaker 2: My favorite episode. He goes, he's doing a press conference. He says, when I do this.
Speaker 4: Remembering Tim Curry this morning.
Speaker 2: We want to know risky sessions. Did you have a risky session? You can remain anonymous if you wish. This is after a Queensland man, classic Queensland man story, has got himself in some hot water after a risky session in Bali.
Speaker 13: On a residential driveway near Canggu in Bali, the pair simply can't keep their hands off each other. This man got an eyeful, as did a local woman preparing to place a religious offering outside her home. North Kuta police have labelled it... An immoral act, combing the scene of the crime, which they claim lasted 15 minutes on.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't be combing the scene of the crime.
Speaker 4: Too hard.
Speaker 2: Too closely.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And we were trying to work out, well, like, what was this lewd act? The footage isn't there, but there is, like, screenshots on the advertiser. They've blurred out.
Speaker 2: Well, they've clearly... Someone's got the video.
Speaker 4: Someone's got the video. But, yeah, it's been... The stills are blurred. And, yeah, it looks like there were multiple LUDACs. It looks like they're deep into a game of Twister. Yeah. And getting to some of the more complicated moves, I'd have to say.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 4: We simply need to sort this out. The Balinese people are too good and too sweet, and I think we... You know what I mean? Poor lady's taking out, like, a peace offering.
Speaker 2: She's literally got an offering.
Speaker 4: They put the little things out on the street there, and it's got the smoke, and then you see her walk out with the offering. This gronk from Queensland on someone's driveway. In Canggu, just going at it, 15 minutes.
Speaker 14: Wild.
Speaker 4: Jiggy jig.
Speaker 2: And then he goes to the airport to come home.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they stop him and go, actually, no, you've been caught.
Speaker 4: What are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Imagine that guy now, because he's been named. He's been named in all the stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Billy Aspinall's his name.
Speaker 2: Billy Aspinall. 27.
Speaker 4: He's in someone's group chat. I can say it. It's literally in the article, the advertiser.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we shouldn't be full naming this guy.
Speaker 4: It's embarrassing. Well, I'm reading the article in front of me. It's not embarrassing. He's the one who had a session on someone's driveway for 15 minutes. That's his choice.
Speaker 2: I also don't think he would be embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I think Billy is pretty stoked with this whole situation.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: To be fair, she's been unnamed. She's just as guilty.
Speaker 2: Is she from a different country, maybe?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's hard to tell from the graphics.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, well, risky sessions.
Speaker 4: Risky sessions. Did you have one? Like, once again, Billy Aspinall. Peter in Blair Athold. You've had one.
Speaker 2: Good morning, boys.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: Very good, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks, mate.
Speaker 8: Yes, so a few years ago, or lots of years ago when I was dating, I met a Tinder date in a random car park down south. And fair to say that we hit it off and things got a bit.
Speaker 1: Risque.
Speaker 8: And we thought we were relatively discreet. But the passers-by could obviously see because we copped a few toots, a few horns, a few cheers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to pry any further on that one.
Speaker 2: Peter, that actually reminds me, Liam, do you remember when we worked at the ABC?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: And there's a suburb in Sydney called Ultimo. So we were in the Ultimo ABC building. And opposite that, so we were about five stories high, and opposite that was an apartment complex. And there was this couple who were up on the roof.
Speaker 4: On the roof.
Speaker 2: So very public. I know you might think it's apartments private, but it's a public space.
Speaker 4: Up on the roof. Like Sydney, there's big buildings everywhere.
Speaker 2: And so there's buildings all around it. They were up on the roof of their apartment complex. And the entire ABC building essentially gathered around the one window.
Speaker 4: The whole, yeah, the whole office.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bloody everyone.
Speaker 2: You're not going to believe what's going on in here.
Speaker 4: No one was above it. The play school guys, they were looking. Everyone was looking.
Speaker 7: Everyone.
Speaker 4: B1, B2.
Speaker 2: Costa.
Speaker 4: He actually lingered.
Speaker 2: Became a problem with Costa.
Speaker 4: Not funny anymore, mate. Get away from the window. That was a joke, by the way.
Speaker 2: Don't come for Costa. We like Costa.
Speaker 4: Costa's a lovely man.
Speaker 2: Nice guy.
Speaker 4: Mel in season. Tell us. Risky sessions.
Speaker 10: Okay, so I met up with a gentleman on a dating app, went for a drive down the beach, did the deed and got caught by some people that were in their home on the balcony.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. It's just, I don't know. I suppose that.
Speaker 5: They involve you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you do get that with risky sessions.
Speaker 15: You do.
Speaker 4: That's a thing that happens.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Melly. Sorry, Katie, Sellex Beach. Good morning. Risky session.
Speaker 4: You had one.
Speaker 12: Good morning, boys. Yeah, a little bit of a risky one here. So we went camping. There was friends, family, family of friends, and there was a big group of us, all tense, set up in a big circle. And myself and my husband, we went off to bed. Things got a little bit carried away. It's a bit of.
Speaker 8: Fun, hey?
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Good at pitching a tent, was he?
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 12: Yep definitely um and then so yep woke up the next morning please please have the floor have the floor Yep, woke up the next morning. We was like, oh, everyone's being a bit strange. We all went out for breakfast, and then one of my best friends come up to me and said, do you know the whole, like, everyone heard you guys last night? And we were like, we were so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: What a thin tent, sir. Has anyone explained that to you guys? It's fabric. Like, it's thin.
Speaker 2: Honey, can anyone hear? Don't worry, I zipped it up.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure this is a top-of-the-line Gore-Tex tent. No one's hearing anything.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Katie.
Speaker 4: Stacey, who was a platinum member in the Ben and Liam royalty program, you've come through with the last call for Risky Sessions.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have. So it was a cop car bonnet after a Spider-Bait concert.
Speaker 4: Whoa, Black Betty. Bam-ba-lam.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Black Betty.
Speaker 4: Sorry, did you say cop car bonnet?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That is, I mean, you're literally playing with fire. Like, you want to be arrested.
Speaker 2: How do you end up in that situation?
Speaker 5: Oh, my husband was like, I still have the bonnet. So I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: And it was obviously an unmanned cop car?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were off doing their job patrolling people. Yeah, we got lots of cheers on the way. Parties even got a photo.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 4: And, you know, seeing Cram singing on the kit for two hours, that'd give anyone the horn.
Speaker 2: Was it pre or post Spider-Bait concert?
Speaker 5: It was post it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was after. It was like a great night. It was Spider-Bait and Living End, actually, and it was a really great night, and you're only young once, and... I wasn't actually that young. Like, you're only.
Speaker 4: In your 30s once.
Speaker 15: Lord!
Speaker 4: And thank you. I mean, yeah, one thing doing it, and then another thing to call up a radio station and admit it. So, yeah, appreciate that, Stacey. It is a dream of Ben and myself to be the proud owners of a hovercraft. We want one for the show. We want to be able to hover over all terrain. These are real things. And initially we had one lined up, sort of fell through, but, you know, people have been getting in touch. We've actually been surprised. There was more leads than we thought.
Speaker 2: A lot of these leads, though, Liam, have led to dead ends.
Speaker 4: A lot of dead ends. Like, oh, my neighbour used to have one, but he sold it. You know, things like that. But we are now speaking with someone who is the proud owner of one. Bruce, you've got a hovercraft.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 4: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: How long have you had the Hovercraft for, Bruce?
Speaker 7: Since November last year.
Speaker 4: Oh, so it's a freshie.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah. It's brand new. It's a world first.
Speaker 4: How so?
Speaker 7: It's a hybrid.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Well, it's a lithium battery that operates the skirts, and it's pushed forward by a 37-horsepower Honda. She'll do 80 kilometres an hour without a problem. I haven't had it up to that.
Speaker 4: She wants to gallop. She wants to hover.
Speaker 2: Wow, Bruce, that's exciting.
Speaker 7: It's made by a company called Airlift in Queensland.
Speaker 4: And this thing goes all terrain. You can take it on the water, you can take it on grass, you can take it on gravel, you can take it over small sticks.
Speaker 7: You can take it anywhere.
Speaker 2: Where have you taken it?
Speaker 7: On the Murray.
Speaker 4: Surely you're turning heads when people are in there. you know, speedboats or the Murray Darling?
Speaker 7: Well, the first time I put it in the water at Manum, you just park it like in a car park and then drive down the boat ramp into the water. You don't have to launch the boat or anything like that. You just drive past everybody and you obey all the rules around other boats until you get out past the four-knot sign and then just let her go.
Speaker 4: Let her go.
Speaker 2: She was hovering around. Yeah, that was exciting, Bruce.
Speaker 4: Oh, so excited.
Speaker 7: It's a three-person craft.
Speaker 2: Have you had three people on it?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: And it's quite comfortable for three? If, you know, Ben were to be driving, if a listener was sandwiched in between myself and Ben?
Speaker 7: Just hang on and it's just so special. Smooth.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Powerful. Hybrid.
Speaker 2: Now, Bruce, we have been in a hover haze before.
Speaker 4: We fell into a hover scam.
Speaker 2: We got very excited.
Speaker 7: I heard all about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a deposit lost. It wasn't a turnkey hovercraft. But yours sounds very turnkey. Oh, yes.
Speaker 7: She's beautiful. Yeah.
Speaker 14: God.
Speaker 4: I mean, would... I suppose the question is, would you be willing to part with the hovercraft for a part-time sort of situation?
Speaker 7: We can work something out.
Speaker 9: Oh!
Speaker 2: We're going to be riding that smooth hovercraft before we know it.
Speaker 4: The hover dream is alive, Bruce. It's like you're a gift from heaven. I don't even know where you came from. You've just dropped into our laps with a big brand-new bloody hovercraft. It truly is a dream come true.
Speaker 7: I'm sitting on the back of my houseboat right now, and there's a bit of a fog around, but it's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 7: The magnificent part of the world.
Speaker 4: Isn't it just?
Speaker 2: So are you, Bruce, mate. We are so excited. We'll take this off air, and we'll see you soon for a hover, okay?
Speaker 7: No problems at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, Bruce.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that?
Speaker 4: Did you freaking hear that? It goes 80 k's an hour.
Speaker 2: Just the way he sold it, you know? It goes 80 k's.
Speaker 4: And they're smooth. In my head, I'm just visualizing you and me, not a care in the world. We just get past that four knot sign. And you look at me and I look at you. We look deep into each other's eyes and we say at the same time, let it rip.
Speaker 2: And we're just pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop.
Speaker 4: The fan's just going a million miles an hour as we're burning down the Murray.
Speaker 2: We are going to do things to that Honda engine that shouldn't be done.
Speaker 4: Imagine the retirees sitting there in the Murray, darling, just having a cup of tea. And then at the speed of light, one of their wigs flies off.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we could take it down the Murray, get out into the ocean and just maybe hit KI.
Speaker 4: Sky's the limit. Should we go to North America? We'd probably beat a plane. We'd probably beat an aircraft.
Speaker 2: It could be quicker than air travel.
Speaker 4: It is hybrid. It runs off lithium. Gee whiz. And I think our dream still stands of... burning through the city and across the torrent.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Just as a raw display of the hovercraft's power.
Speaker 2: I think people will be dropping their takeaway coffees.
Speaker 4: Oh, what is that technology? What is that freaking thing? That is Ben and Liam from Kiss1023 on a hovercraft is what that is. This is huge news.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Oi, Ben. Have you been chewing my pen lid?
Speaker 1: Not me.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't me. I don't chew pen lids. So who chewed my pen lid? Maz, in the newsroom, was it you? Are you the chewer?
Speaker 3: No, I don't chew pens.
Speaker 4: Producer Belle, before you leave.
Speaker 1: Was it actually?
Speaker 2: Can you not?
Speaker 4: Can you actually not? I know I don't chew. Benny's a chewer, so I'm sorry, Matt. I'm sorry I blamed you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm an honest chewer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll be honest about what he chooses.
Speaker 9: I borrowed it the other day and I remember it ended up in my mouth somehow.
Speaker 4: You're nibbling on it like a rat. This is my good pen.
Speaker 2: It's funny because Producer Bell was in the studio when that break started and then you started, you know, looking for the pen jeweler.
Speaker 4: She scurried.
Speaker 2: She scurried out.
Speaker 4: She scurried out into her booth.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: You're a new one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you don't have to get me a new one, but just chew your own pins for pins. It ends from now on, please.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Morning, Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're pretty cashed up here at Kiss.
Speaker 4: We have money falling out of our pockets. It's almost cruel how much cash we have. And we want to share it with you. Belle in Greenworth, how you doing? Good. How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very well.
Speaker 4: You found a chicken, Jim? We did.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: One of the great... Oh, is it gone?
Speaker 2: I don't think she understood what you asked.
Speaker 4: Oh, sorry. No, no. It's my favourite chicken shop in Greenworth. I used to live in Golden Grove.
Speaker 15: Oh, I do love that chicken shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bloody hell. Used to be near the Video Easy. Unfortunately, no longer with us. You had the Australian Pizza House there as well, the Highland Village, of course. One of the great shops.
Speaker 2: We get it, mate. You're from the northeast.
Speaker 4: Northeast for life, baby.
Speaker 2: 5.25. Belle, we're going to ask you 10 questions. You've got a minute on the clock. If you get them all right, you're walking away with $ 1, 000. I'm going to jump in here. And I'm going to throw in.
Speaker 4: Some chicken gym on the top today if you win.
Speaker 15: Yay.
Speaker 2: I don't think she knows what chicken gym is.
Speaker 4: I'm really peddling.
Speaker 2: You're trying. Like a daggy uncle.
Speaker 4: Hey, Belle.
Speaker 2: Also, I hear that sometimes when you listen to the quiz, you and your mum listen together. Is that right?
Speaker 15: We do every morning.
Speaker 2: So do you want to use, instead of doing a mega pass, we'll get rid of that ability. and we'll bring in a new ability, and you can do phone a friend. If you need help, you just say, phone a friend, and then I'll pause the clock, and then we'll get your mum to answer that one.
Speaker 5: Yep, amazing.
Speaker 4: Sounds good. Ripper, ripper. All right, well, let's see if we can win you $ 1, 000. Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, a minute on the clock. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Who is Michelle Obama's husband?
Speaker 15: Barack Obama.
Speaker 4: From what DIY store would you get a sausage sizzle?
Speaker 6: Bunnings.
Speaker 4: And what company was founded by Steve Jobs?
Speaker 1: Google.
Speaker 4: Bouncer was a dog who starred in which Aussie soap opera?
Speaker 15: Pass.
Speaker 4: Which film character is known for his catchphrase, Shagadelic, baby?
Speaker 2: Phone a friend.
Speaker 4: So we're just going to get your mum on here. Who says Shagadelic? Oh, no.
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do I make you randy, baby?
Speaker 2: Who's he being right now? Who's he doing? What character?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Liam.
Speaker 5: I can't hear him, sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh, behave.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So can you hear us now?
Speaker 15: Is that the, oh, it's.
Speaker 10: The guy from.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Hmm?
Speaker 16: Hmm?
Speaker 15: I can't think.
Speaker 2: If we don't know.
Speaker 5: Is it Mike Myers or.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, you lock in Mike Myers, we can accept that answer if you lock it in.
Speaker 3: Sure, lucky dude.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the quiz.
Speaker 4: Okay, what was the name of the puppet sidekick on Hey Hey It's Saturday? Pass. According to the song Peaches, where does Justin Bieber get his peaches?
Speaker 15: Georgia.
Speaker 4: Who is Keith Urban's ex-wife?
Speaker 3: Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 4: Which Aussie pop star is heading out on her Pure world tour next year?
Speaker 8: Pass.
Speaker 4: What kind of songs have just been banned from the ARIA charts?
Speaker 5: Rap.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 9: Rap.
Speaker 2: Rap.
Speaker 4: Do you think they've banned rap?
Speaker 2: Well, you'd hope not.
Speaker 4: They've banned, like Australia's like, no more rap.
Speaker 7: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Also, Belle, don't do the hurry up to Liam with your hand. You were saying hurry up.
Speaker 4: She got it wrong. She said Google and Steve Jobs was Apple. You were literally out of it for question three. The fact that we panned the Austin Powers thing for so long is like a credit.
Speaker 2: It was all redundant.
Speaker 9: This whole quiz has been a mess because I'm also named Belle and listener Belle thinks we're talking to her.
Speaker 7: It's just been a mess.
Speaker 2: It's a shamozzle.
Speaker 4: It's a shamozzle. You need to fire your mum as a phone friend.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 4: Seriously. Well, no chicken gym, no thousand dollars, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Belle.
Speaker 9: That's okay.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks for playing. Enjoy the rest of your day. Hey, you can try again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Maybe the quiz just wasn't your bag, baby. Producer Belle, good morning. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks, Ben. We got there.
Speaker 4: All right, mate. It was pretty quick. It was pretty smooth, actually, I thought. But look, we wanted to get you in because you're telling us this wild story about your friend who is, I do love this sometimes, people are proper super sleuths.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 4: My wife's a super sleuth. She can go deep. She can find anyone. I think she used to work for the CIA, maybe. She's a nurse by trade, but I think that's just a cover story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll look at her, what are you doing there?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Plug it into the mainframe. She'll find everything she needs to know.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a thing these days.
Speaker 9: I'm 31, and I think a lot of girls my age, we are very good at finding people online. It's always said, like, you know, if you want something someone found, if you want info found online about a guy, just ask a girl.
Speaker 3: We're better than the CIA.
Speaker 4: So, Belle, obviously, it's part of your role a little bit. Sometimes it's like, oh, this thing happened in the news. And Belle is very good at tracking down people because sometimes their full name might not be in the article, but you will, like, find the last name and then find family members. And she's scary. You wouldn't want to cross her. You wouldn't want to cross her.
Speaker 2: Sometimes on a big story, Belle will just go into like the advertiser story, for example, and there'll be 300 comments. She'll scroll through comments until she sees someone tag someone.
Speaker 4: Isn't this your mate, Tony? And then you message that person.
Speaker 9: And then I find their workplace and then I call that workplace and I find their cousin.
Speaker 4: I'm like, great. Just anyway. I know we're getting sidetracked, but the other day, We were like, oh, how funny if we got that guy like, right in front of me. Yes. Right in front of me. The Crows, you know, the interview from like 2008. And we just sort of, as a throwaway comment, we'd be like, good to get that guy. Belle found him. His name is nowhere. She somehow found him. And then I think by the time you got him, we're like... Oh, we probably don't need to speak.
Speaker 2: We don't want to do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Also a classic Ben and Liam movie.
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 3: We said that? No, I don't want that.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, we say a lot of stuff, but there's only a few things we want. Like a hovercraft. We're serious about that.
Speaker 2: We are very serious about that.
Speaker 9: No, but I'm here to tell this story because I think a lot of girls listening will.
Speaker 3: Relate to this.
Speaker 9: So on the weekend, one of my best girlfriends, she went out and she met this guy and he was lovely at this bar, but he told her that his name was Sam. They hooked up and he, at the end of the night, she said, can I get your socials? Can I get your Insta? What have you got so we can be in touch? He said, oh, I don't have any social media.
Speaker 3: I'm not really online.
Speaker 2: Red flag.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 9: In this day and age, huge red flag. Oh, I don't have Insta. So she asked for his number. He did give her his number. She then was texting him and he was just being really shady and short and didn't feel right on Sunday. So then she went into our group chat and was like, guys, what do I do? One of my other girlfriends said, put his number in pay ID on your bank app. She put his number in pay ID. And when you pay ID someone, it comes up with a name. And it came up with a completely different first and last name.
Speaker 4: That is a master class in sleuthing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So our group chat was just popping off on Sunday because then my other friend.
Speaker 3: Got that name.
Speaker 4: Because your bank name would be like, 100% is your real name on your bank.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 4: You're not giving the bank a fake name. You'll probably be like charged for that. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So my other girlfriend, she went on social media, put this full name in, found this guy's whole social media.
Speaker 7: Oh, wow.
Speaker 3: He's got a wife.
Speaker 4: Whoa. Boom.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 4: That is such a smart, if you ever, like the number is that is such. Totally. Even to be honest, if you get a call, if you're getting a call from a number and you're like, who is this? You could probably put that number in your, I've never even thought to do that, but you could probably put it in your banking app and it would come up with the full name of the person. Totally.
Speaker 3: No, it's definitely a thing.
Speaker 9: So then circling back to my friend who hooked up with him, She screenshot the profile picture of him and his wife and sent it to him.
Speaker 3: And it was just a lovely little bow.
Speaker 4: Cop that one. Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: What a super sleuth.
Speaker 3: Super sleuth.
Speaker 4: Can we do super sleuths this morning? Yeah.
Speaker 1: 131065.
Speaker 4: If you fancy yourself a bit of a super sleuth, maybe your friend is.
Speaker 2: Show off your handiwork.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Maybe you've pulled a move. I mean, I've never even heard of that move. That's so advanced to someone to have the thought to put. A phone number into a banking app so then the pay ID comes up with the real person's name. It's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 9: And bonus points, I guess, if you have made a fake account to find someone, that's the ultimate move.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: We're looking for super sleuths this morning. If you think you are one, 131065 is our number. Give us a buzz.
Speaker 4: Super sleuths, that's what we're looking for. Vic in Mulberry Heights, are you one?
Speaker 16: Yes, I have a fake Instagram with a totally fake name and I will just stalk everybody on it.
Speaker 4: So is it another person's name? Because I remember we had a caller a few years ago and she was running a fake Instagram. bakery account um so no one would ever suspect it you know but it was like there was like she fully committed and had like photos of random baked goods but it was a finster she was using it to spy on.
Speaker 16: People yeah no it's just a random name so it's two names hyphen together nothing to do with me so no one would know um and there's nothing on there but yeah i just i can view everyone's profiles and look at their stories and they have no idea it's.
Speaker 2: Me wow bloody hell sleuthy huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll gather up all your information, make your case. Kayleigh in Mount Barker, are you a soup sleuth?
Speaker 15: Yes, I'd like to think so.
Speaker 2: Why is that? What do you do?
Speaker 15: So my friend was seeing a guy for about six months and he was kind of shady, like he would never let her come over or, you know, always came over at certain times of day. And at the start, she was like, that's all good, you know, it's just side relationship. But we decided to investigate and we looked him up on Facebook and kind of found a photo and figured out where he lives.
Speaker 4: How did you do that?
Speaker 15: He had his photo in front of a house. So he had his house number and everything. And because he lived in the same area we did, we kind of just had an idea where it might be. So anyway, yeah, we went through down a few streets, found the house and Me and my other friend kind of sat out the front and we found out he had a wife and two kids and the wife was pregnant.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 12: That's awful.
Speaker 2: Isn't that wild though that from a photo you found on Facebook, like the limited information you had, you then used that, you kind of knew the area he was from. You just literally drove up and down the streets. until you found the house that matched the photo.
Speaker 15: We knew his car as well, so we kind of had that working for us. I guess it was kind of luck and sleuthing.
Speaker 4: A couple of stakeouts, you got the job done. I always find that wild when people are excited or whatever, when they're like, we did something, and they post a photo in front of their house they just bought. But it's just like you can always tell, even from the real estate company, you'd be able to work out specifically like, where that house is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like you're doxing yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, just telling the world where you live. Uh, Kathy, uh, in Finden, are you a super sleuth?
Speaker 2: Yes. What do you do?
Speaker 6: What was the question?
Speaker 4: We asked if you're a super sleuth.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm not, but my daughter has shared some like, um, like pretty intense info that I don't.
Speaker 12: Think many people would know.
Speaker 4: Right. Okay. Hit us.
Speaker 3: So, um, I've.
Speaker 6: Got a 20 year old daughter and she's like, shared me this trick cause I like to like look up people on social.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then, um, but didn't know that people can track you when you're watching their, um, stories and that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can always see, you can always see someone's story.
Speaker 5: Ben and Liam.
Speaker 6: Listen to this.
Speaker 12: Put your phone on airplane mode.
Speaker 5: Watch the story.
Speaker 6: Once you're finished, take your airplane mode off.
Speaker 4: Wham.
Speaker 3: No one will know.
Speaker 4: Is that real? I don't know if that's real, Kathy.
Speaker 15: Try it.
Speaker 5: Try it.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean?
Speaker 15: I reckon Belle would know about it if you asked her.
Speaker 4: But airplane mode, like you would still need internet to view someone's Instagram story and then it would just be the.
Speaker 2: Kathy, I don't know. Producer Bell, is that a thing?
Speaker 8: No, it is.
Speaker 4: Definitely. How is that a thing?
Speaker 9: So what you do is you load. So go into Instagram and you load everything. Then you go on airplane mode once it's loaded and then you can look at it all and it doesn't. And then once and then you force close Instagram and then turn your airplane mode off and then it will never track that you looked at it.
Speaker 4: I'm scared of you.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 9: Or another trick, you go into the person's story next to it and then you just slide across but don't go fully all the way and you can see what the story is but it doesn't track your view.
Speaker 2: Belle, you sounded a little crazy this morning.
Speaker 4: No, jokes.
Speaker 14: Wild.
Speaker 4: Caitlin in Paradise, you're a super sleuth on your ex-boyfriend? Oh, yes, I am. All right. Yeah, hit us.
Speaker 15: Basically, I had a feeling he was cheating on me.
Speaker 12: I was stalking his followers and... I knew all of the new followers based off of, obviously, who he followed before.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 15: He told me he'd gone to a winery, bought this bottle of wine.
Speaker 12: Then I was just looking at the girls that he was.
Speaker 15: Following, the new ones, and noticed she'd posted a story that she was at the beach on a picnic with that very bottle of wine.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean that. That is some good detective work there. Did you have a board with bits of string connecting all the pieces together until you found your perp?
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely.
Speaker 6: And I asked him about it.
Speaker 11: Obviously, he denied it.
Speaker 15: And then not long after that, I think a week or two after that, I.
Speaker 10: Sorry, Matt, with her.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I was right all along.
Speaker 4: Wowee.
Speaker 7: Caitlin.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Matt.
Speaker 4: That is impressive.
Speaker 2: Hey, Caitlin, because you've done some impressive detective work, we are going to reward you with a prize. Do you want to go see Delta Goodrum's Pure Tour?
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Get yourself a couple of tickets.
Speaker 4: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 15: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Only 24 more hours, Liam, until Friday. Who's counting?
Speaker 4: 24 more hours.
Speaker 2: 24 more hours until this time Friday. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, until 8.30 Friday tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I'm looking forward to Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard you've got yourself a little date at the Crab Shack. Well, yes, there has been some.
Speaker 4: Rumbles of me popping down to the Crab Shack Central Market. It's going to slurp on some crab. Apparently, they've got this seafood thing at the markets this weekend, and... They give you a bib. You know you're in for a good time and they give you a bib.
Speaker 2: It's a pop-up thing, right?
Speaker 4: I don't think you can always slurp crab. Of course, you could probably get crab at the Central Market, but in this particular setting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the Chili Crab Shack pop-up restaurant at the Central Market. It's Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 4: Did I ever tell you that time on holiday a couple of years ago, we did this thing where we got king crabs? Have I shown you that before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the photo, yeah.
Speaker 4: It was like literally in, it was freezing. It was in like the top of Norway and they cut a hole in the ice and they put the crab nets in. I think they may have put them in there for the tourists before so you get to feel that. Yeah, gotcha. And yeah, they pull the crab out the net and then, yeah, and then what happens next wasn't the most pleasant thing of the trip. But then after that, it was really nice to eat.
Speaker 2: Well, the good thing about the chili crab shack is they'll do it for you.
Speaker 4: That's it. I don't have to watch the person put the knife in. Which I was like, oh, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: No, you just rock up, you get your bib and.
Speaker 4: The lady kept saying oh they don't feel it i'm like i don't think that's true.
Speaker 2: No i think it's true when you sever the vertebrae for a crab yeah same as a lobster.
Speaker 4: Yeah i don't know jury's still out on that one i don't think it is i don't want to come back as a crab i don't want to come back as a crab to find out.
Speaker 2: That's all i'm saying what are you coming back as then Um, bird.
Speaker 4: I think everyone wants to be a bird. Really? Like a good bird, like a predatory bird. A bird that can like, you know those ones that can just drop out of the sky and just, yeah, like I don't know, an eagle or something?
Speaker 2: I think I'd go the opposite. I think I'd go giant tortoise and I'd go the ocean. Yeah. Go explore the Mariner Trench. And you're a turtle.
Speaker 4: You are, you are like, I feel like you are a little bit tortoise. Like if we, if, I reckon if we were animals at some point, you would have been a tortoise. And I think probably, I don't know, like some sort of ferret sugar glider type thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know, something erratic. Something like, you know, like pinging its head around. A bit annoying.
Speaker 2: A chipmunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Once again, weird one if you've just tuned in. I always think of the people that just sampled the show for the first time.
Speaker 2: Why are you guys just talking about chili crab?
Speaker 4: Why are you talking about what animals you were? We've gone from... I'm having crab this week. No, we've gone from. It'll be Friday tomorrow to reincarnation. And this is called like an outer break. So you're supposed to come out of the news, you know, the bosses say do about 30 seconds.
Speaker 2: Do a tight 30.
Speaker 4: Keep it real tight. Just hit three minutes. But I hope you enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do it, but I would love to do, because I can go off. If you could come back as any animal, what would you come back as?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, if you really want to say yours, maybe we'll sneak a couple of calls on next 131065. But if you don't fancy it, then that's fine. Vanessa joins us now in North Haven. We had you on the show yesterday, Vanessa. You were telling us how you had been to the Royal Show's Haunted House 13 times in one day last year. Is that right? Yes, it is. And over the years, you think you've been over 50 times.
Speaker 12: That would be probably just in the last three years.
Speaker 4: Bloody hell.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: You love a spookin'. And, of course, it is Ben and Liam's Haunted House presented by Hollywood Horrors. Are you familiar with our loyalty program? Do you know what that is?
Speaker 8: Yes, I am familiar with your loyalty program.
Speaker 3: I listen every morning.
Speaker 12: Oh, you do?
Speaker 4: Oh, wonderful. Oh, okay. Well, look, to be honest, if you listen every morning, you'd probably be in silver tier at the moment, which is, you know, one priority call a year, VIP invites to kiss events, you get a Ben and Liam fridge magnet. Of course, you can work your way all up to platinum.
Speaker 2: I guess, also, you got involved with the show... So, you know, that probably is getting you close to gold.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. We'll cut to the chase, Vanessa.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: We loved your energy yesterday. Yeah. And we have actually created a brand new tier of the loyalty program just for you.
Speaker 12: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 4: You are in the Ben and Liam tier. Bone White Spook Tier.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 15: Oh, my God.
Speaker 4: Do you know what that means?
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 4: It means you get unlimited access to Ben and Liam's haunted house. For free. You are joking. We are not joking. You can use your Bone White Spook card. It will be honoured. You can use it. You could go at the start of the day and you could just go non-stop.
Speaker 2: The entire time.
Speaker 4: You can go 50 times in a row in one day. Oh, my God.
Speaker 12: Oh, my God.
Speaker 15: We will absolutely do that.
Speaker 4: Free of charge.
Speaker 2: You're going to have an actual card, right? You can flash that to the Ticketmaster and they'll wave you straight through and you can just go as many times as you want for free.
Speaker 14: Oh, my God.
Speaker 12: I actually feel like I am dreaming, like my daughter is going to pass out.
Speaker 10: Like, I think I've just become the coolest mum on the planet.
Speaker 2: Can you do us a favour? Because obviously, you know, the show goes for two weekends and five weekdays. So can you, obviously, you know, go as much as you want or as little as you want, but can you, at the end of the show, we'll get you back on, you keep track of how many times you go through... The Haunted House, okay?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So can I go back more than one day?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You can just go nuts.
Speaker 12: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 7: It's a deal.
Speaker 4: You can take the week off work and you can just do this. You can just line up and just do the spook house.
Speaker 2: You're in the freaking bone white team.
Speaker 4: You're the only person in the bone white spook team.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 12: I listen every morning and I feel absolutely honoured. It's my favourite colour.
Speaker 5: So my daughter is going to lose her mind.
Speaker 4: Oh, I cannot wait. When do you get home from school? You say, guess what's her name?
Speaker 7: Tabitha.
Speaker 4: Guess what, Tabitha? We're in the Boon White Spook tier of Ben and Liam's loyalty program. You say that, she'll pass out.
Speaker 5: All right, she will pass out. I'm going to have to catch her because she is going to flip out.
Speaker 15: That's honestly our dream.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God.
Speaker 4: Oh, congratulations, VSA. I hope you have a ghoulish Thursday.
Speaker 2: I kid you not, Liam, that yesterday I caught my son, Freddie, singing Secret Stain, Secret Stain, Secret Stain. Awesome.
Speaker 4: Brain rot.
Speaker 2: And actually he said to me, he said, Daddy, what's the secret stain?
Speaker 4: I'm not telling you, kid.
Speaker 2: And I said, all right, mate, I can't tell you. And he said, why? And I said, well, because I don't want it getting out, because you've got a bit of loose lips sometimes, son.
Speaker 4: You've got a bit of a blabbermouth.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could have lied to him.
Speaker 2: That'd be the worst person to tell, telling a three-year-old, because they'll tell everybody.
Speaker 4: People like following around, asking your son what the secret stain is.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't actually tell him. I didn't even tell my own kindred soul. Geez.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, that's how tightly we hold this secret. And look, $ 5, 000 is up for grabs. There is a stain on a couch. You can see it with your own eyes pinned to the top of the Ben and Liam socials. Ali in Golden Grove.
Speaker 7: G'day.
Speaker 4: What do you reckon it is?
Speaker 5: Good morning, boys.
Speaker 3: I think it's silly putty.
Speaker 4: Silly putty. Not regular putty. Silly putty. And this is the stuff that leaves that oily stain. You get it in a little tub. Sometimes you can put your finger in it and it farts kind of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's the one.
Speaker 2: Have you got children yourself?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you've seen Silly Putty stained on a couch?
Speaker 5: Oh, not yet, but from my childhood I did.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay. Of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Have you got one kid, two kids?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got one. He's almost two.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 12: Silly Putty seems like.
Speaker 4: A toy, obviously great for kids, but just hell for parents. Also, you know, you can get it from the show, you know those sticky hands?
Speaker 2: I love sticky hands.
Speaker 4: You know those sticky hands? But we would do it on the walls and it would leave like, sticky sort of stain. The dust would stick to it.
Speaker 2: We used to get them stuck on the roof all the time.
Speaker 4: That's it. Drive mum and dad up the wall.
Speaker 2: You know what was fun? You would have the sticky hand when you get home from the Royal Show and then you would have a ceiling fan and you'd turn the ceiling fan on and then you'd flip up into the ceiling fan.
Speaker 4: I wish I'd... I do have a ceiling fan at home. I might buy a sticky hand this year just so I can do that. Do you know what another classic was? In the practical joke one. And you go, hey mate.
Speaker 2: Gag magic.
Speaker 4: Gag magic. You go, hey, pal, want some chewing gum? Oh, that'd be nice. Thanks. Bang!
Speaker 1: Crack!
Speaker 4: Little mousetrap on the chewing gum.
Speaker 2: Bloody got ya.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we've subjected you to enough showbags.
Speaker 2: Ali, can I just, one more question. Are you saying silly putty because of the clue troublemaker? Is that why?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because there's a line in the song that says about putty and obviously.
Speaker 2: You're in trouble. Clever, clever, clever. Someone's done their homework.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, not right, Ali. We can rule out silly putty, not the secret stain. Okay, Kylie in Mawson Lakes, what is your favourite Oasis song?
Speaker 11: Oh, God, I couldn't even name an Oasis song.
Speaker 2: Would you say Wonderwall?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Wonderwall.
Speaker 2: Same as Liam. There you go, snap.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, look, do I hear that you don't have social media? Is that right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you haven't seen The Stain?
Speaker 11: No. Oh, actually, sorry. That's all right. I looked it up while I've been on hold because I didn't realize I could actually see it on the KISS website.
Speaker 12: So I have.
Speaker 4: Just seen it a second ago on the KISS site. I've actually never looked at.
Speaker 3: The KISS website.
Speaker 11: I didn't know it would be there because you always say check our socials.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do you think it's well put together? Would you say it was an aesthetic website?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it looks really good.
Speaker 4: That's all right, yeah. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 11: Play the radio.
Speaker 4: Oh, do you know what's funny? I can listen to us now. Should I listen to us while we're on the radio?
Speaker 2: No, because that would be weird. Don't do that.
Speaker 11: No, I turned the volume down, so I can't.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Kylie. What do you think has made that stain?
Speaker 11: I reckon it's tiger balm or deep heat.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we're going to have to get you to lock one in, okay? And what I will say is.
Speaker 4: One of those things has been guessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've already had deep heat. On the show as a guest.
Speaker 11: I guess I'll lock in Tiger Balm then.
Speaker 2: All right, you're going to lock in Tiger Balm. I've actually got some Tiger Balm at home. I saw it in the cupboard yesterday. Yeah, it's good stuff. I was looking for a Band-Aid. Is it Tiger Balm? If that was smushed into a grey couch, would it make that stain?
Speaker 4: Hey, Kylie.
Speaker 11: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you said it then. Sorry.
Speaker 11: Well, before I looked on the Kiss website this morning, that's what I was thinking. And then when I looked, I thought, well, it's not Tiger Balm colour. It'll be DP, but obviously not.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for playing. Anyway, hey, you can play as many times as you like. Now that you've seen it, go back to the drawing board and play again tomorrow. Open the phone lines at 8am. And we are back. Pretty exciting. There's some good pod squad business to get to. Just before we find out what Belle's middle name is.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Is it Jen?
Speaker 2: We're dying to know.
Speaker 4: Dude, how many names are there that start with a G? Gemma.
Speaker 3: How many years have I been working with you?
Speaker 4: Bro, I don't... Isabella... Would it surprise me? What's the second letter?
Speaker 3: I would hope not, because we've definitely discussed it multiple times.
Speaker 4: Jerry? Geraldine.
Speaker 2: Don't say it until we guess it.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, don't say it until we guess it.
Speaker 3: I don't think you'll guess it.
Speaker 2: Which is really sad. I'm going to see if Chachaputee can guess it.
Speaker 3: No, that's so, that is pointless, Ben. You don't need to do that.
Speaker 4: Gilbert. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it Gilbert?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Belle.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Is it Bella?
Speaker 2: Grace.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: ChatGPT got it in one.
Speaker 4: Thank you, robot friend.
Speaker 2: Ew, why did you type in? I said, give me the most common female name starting with G, Grace. Bang, got it in one.
Speaker 3: I would have thought Gemma would be.
Speaker 2: No, Gemma is four.
Speaker 4: Sorry, ChatGPT has just said you're a normie. That's fine. Isabella Grace is nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm Belle Grace. Yeah, Isabella Grace, yes.
Speaker 4: Belle Grace, a producer.
Speaker 3: My clue was going to be there's two songs with the name Grace.
Speaker 4: Amazing Grace and.
Speaker 3: I want to be like.
Speaker 4: Grace?
Speaker 3: Grace Kelly.
Speaker 4: I want to be like....
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I didn't even have the guts to finish it. Did you hear what I was going for there?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: I think you would have enjoyed it, but I chickened out.
Speaker 9: My eyeball was strayed too much or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I was distracted because I was reading a PodSquad post, which we can move on to if we want.
Speaker 7: Oh, no, no, excellent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can. Of course, Movie Club D-Day today. So we didn't discuss Insomnia at some point.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that after this then. Ryan Simmons did a post. I don't see Ryan posting too often, which is always nice. Not actually 100% sure. He hasn't said what he's posted here. He's just posted it. Have you seen this, Belle?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: He's only posted half an hour ago. So he's just posted this vehicle, which I'm assuming it's because we're talking about hovercrafts. It's some kind of... It's like, you know when there's a car. Then there's an F1, which is like a souped-up ultra car. He's posted this thing, and I think it's like there's a hovercraft, and then there's this thing, which is like a souped-up extreme.
Speaker 4: Don't show me now, because I'm getting excited for the hovercraft that we may have lined up. And if I see this, then I might go, oh, well, now I want that.
Speaker 2: Well, this thing's the MK4. It's a hydrogen-powered... Oh, okay. So it's basically... Imagine a Formula One car, but it's also a hovercraft. So it's a hydrogen-powered F1 car that flies. It's built here in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: It's the fastest.
Speaker 9: No, don't.
Speaker 3: Because I don't want you to now jump onto this bandwagon.
Speaker 2: No, this is like a prototype.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: They're building it as we speak.
Speaker 8: Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: It's like a university project. Built in Adelaide. It's the fastest EVTOL ever. It's got AI thrust control and a hydrogen turbo generator. And it's pushing the entire aerial motorsport industry forward.
Speaker 4: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Top speed of 360 kilometres per hour.
Speaker 4: Hydrogen is serious business.
Speaker 1: Is it a plane?
Speaker 4: The H-bomb is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like an F1 slash hovercraft. And they're building this thing in LA.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what it is, it's a jet. It's a drone jet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you see it now.
Speaker 4: I love drone jets music.
Speaker 3: No, it's a drone jet.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: All right, on to Movie Club.
Speaker 4: Yes, on to Movie Club. I trust everyone in the room has done their homework.
Speaker 2: You betcha. Over the weekend, I watched it. Liam, you were great. You handed your homework up in the first couple of days. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: As you said, I do have a side hustle. You know, and I found time in my busy, busy schedule. And you, I mean, I don't know, buddy, where you find the time.
Speaker 9: Very.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you found the time.
Speaker 2: Very young family.
Speaker 4: Two young kids, you know, running around, you know, building a new home. So, like, a lot of marketplace pickups.
Speaker 2: And when you do get a spare minute, you're chatting with your partner.
Speaker 4: It's so true. It's so true. And still managed to find time in that busy, busy schedule to watch the film that we all had five, six weeks to watch. Belle, I trust you've also watched it overnight? Six weeks.
Speaker 3: It was four weeks. It was a month.
Speaker 4: Regardless. If you've not seen the film, you can see yourself out because you're not welcome. You're not welcome in Film Club. You didn't watch it. You actually didn't watch it.
Speaker 3: We discussed this yesterday but I completely forgot.
Speaker 4: How could you? You had a month to finish your homework. You put it in the calendar.
Speaker 2: You were the one posting all the reminders in the pod squad.
Speaker 4: You were the one telling everyone to do it. You didn't.
Speaker 3: I just, I completely, and I know we had issues with the podcast yesterday.
Speaker 4: What did you do on the weekend?
Speaker 3: Firstly, just so I know.
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Apologies for the podcast yesterday.
Speaker 9: Hopefully, I believe it's been fixed, but I don't know if everyone will, if you downloaded it earlier, I don't know if you'll have it.
Speaker 3: The real episode, I need to get that really looked at today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the start and the end of the pod was... An old one. An old one. So we apologize for that. But there was one recorded. Yeah. But it should be stopped in there now.
Speaker 9: And you guys reminded me yesterday, which hopefully is going to be accessible to everyone today.
Speaker 2: But did you ever remind me? Refresh it.
Speaker 3: You said, remember to watch it tonight. I said, yes.
Speaker 9: And then I went home and I just... I got into my normal.
Speaker 3: Routine and I completely forgot... What did you watch?
Speaker 2: You're the worst.
Speaker 4: What did you watch last night?
Speaker 3: I'm watching Pretty Little Liars.
Speaker 4: An angry mob is forming outside with pitchforks. And they want blood and we'll have to cool them off.
Speaker 3: Is this a crowd of two people?
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 4: These are boos and jeers from angry villagers. Guys, it's okay. We'll handle it.
Speaker 2: We'll handle it.
Speaker 4: Please, if we can just form an orderly line. And thank you, guys. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: We won't be able to hold them back forever.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 2: I think one of them threw something at Bill.
Speaker 4: Is this how one throws, are they? Guys, please don't. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. That's not what we do here. Stop throwing eggs at her. Stop throwing eggs. What is that sound? Sorry.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 4: Am I being stabbed?
Speaker 2: Stop it. Stop it.
Speaker 4: It does sound like you're being wet up.
Speaker 2: No, there is red everywhere. They're throwing tomatoes at you.
Speaker 4: Guys, no more. If I see one more tomato being thrown, I'll be really angry. Okay, thank you. But, you know, actually, I should just let them. I should let them throw whatever I want at you, Belle.
Speaker 9: Can I put, I'm genuinely so sorry.
Speaker 3: Stop it. I'm genuinely so sorry. Like, I didn't do this as a bit. I'm sorry. I genuinely, I don't know what happened. I just got into my normal routine.
Speaker 4: You've been in a routine for a month? No, keep throwing them, guys. I don't care. I don't even care, actually. I don't know why I was defending her in the first place.
Speaker 3: Please let me.
Speaker 9: Please, give me 24... Well, actually, no, I want to watch the Legends game tonight. But.
Speaker 3: Stop! Can I please have this weekend... Can I have an extension, please? May I please, sirs, have an extension?
Speaker 9: No. Please!
Speaker 3: I promise I'll.
Speaker 4: Watch it on the weekend. No, what can happen is we will talk about the movie now. You can watch it in your own time. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not going to watch it if I'm not doing it for the movie club.
Speaker 2: Didn't we say yesterday she was going to be banned from movie clubs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was banned from movie clubs. No, no, no, please, please, let me. No, you're not involved.
Speaker 2: No, let me be in it. And the next movie is going to be Legally Blonde.
Speaker 3: No, no, don't.
Speaker 2: Leave us. Don't let the tomato hit you on the way out.
Speaker 4: I haven't been gonged.
Speaker 3: Out in a long time.
Speaker 4: Please don't make me leave. No, though, you had a month.
Speaker 2: You had a month.
Speaker 4: You had a month.
Speaker 2: It was very reasonable.
Speaker 4: We've found times in our busy schedules.
Speaker 11: So, yeah.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about it now.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Don't even think about buzzing in, by the way. And we don't like doing this.
Speaker 2: No, we don't like doing it.
Speaker 4: We don't like doing it.
Speaker 2: It would have been great to have a three-way chat about, you know.
Speaker 4: The films.
Speaker 2: The performance.
Speaker 4: The darn film.
Speaker 2: Of Robin Williams.
Speaker 4: Oh, incredible. All right, well, now Belle's gone, I suppose we can talk about the film. Was there any, did anyone post in the.
Speaker 2: People watched it, yeah. Somebody watched it, sure. They was better at that kind of stuff than I am, but yeah, somebody would watch it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll just read some people's, so....
Speaker 1: Aye!
Speaker 4: Throw a tomato at her.
Speaker 2: I closed that.
Speaker 4: Okay. You closed the window, you mean, so the villagers couldn't throw the tomatoes in?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I can open it up again if you want.
Speaker 4: There is a few comments. TL said... What? TL said, watched it yesterday, fell asleep.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay. Never watched it. Okay, this is a mini club. So John said he watched it. Thank you, John. You haven't left thoughts.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: Ryan Carr said, I watched it Tuesday night. I thought that I'd seen it before, but it turns out I haven't.
Speaker 2: Janice said, Janice said, also watched. It feels like dad has been all excited to go camping.
Speaker 1: He's like, I want to go camping.
Speaker 2: He built it up over a month. And then the reality of going camping is no one's having fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think movie club is dead. I think... It was a nice thought, but I think we... I don't know. I think we kill it off. You know, Belle obviously hasn't cared enough to watch the film.
Speaker 2: We started with her, right?
Speaker 4: She kind of killed it for me. Yeah. For sure. But, yeah. I mean, yeah, it was... Arguably a good film. Bit raw when he shoots the dog carcass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's trying to frame... Yeah, well, that's it. And I think... I.
Speaker 4: Do genuinely think it was an accident when he accidentally shot his partner, killed him. But he obviously.
Speaker 2: Had a guilty conscience because he tampers with the evidence. He tampers with the evidence. Because it all ends with basically like with the good cop, with the lady. And he's like, don't lose sight of who you are.
Speaker 4: Yes. Yeah. Because she's very switched on.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I didn't love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I wasn't like, oh, this is a bad movie. But I was watching it and I thought very slow. And then I thought it was going to really ramp up, and I thought it was going to have a sick twist at the end.
Speaker 4: It's almost like Nolan was just sort of working it out in the first few. I actually re-watched Memento after this. Memento is so good. Bill was just sadly walking into the other room. Memento is very good and very clever, but it's not something I want to rush back and watch. There's a lot of brain power. And I think the end is okay. Do you think the ending of Memento is okay?
Speaker 2: I haven't watched it for a few years. I remember watching Memento and really liking it.
Speaker 4: It's very clever.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's very clever.
Speaker 2: I think the ending I was kind... I think the ending I was a bit confused by, but I still really liked Memento.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean, I suppose this is not the Memento movie club. Insomnia, I felt, was a bit forgettable. Oh, I had actually seen it. When I was watching it, I was like, I've seen this when I was younger.
Speaker 2: My question was, when she walks into... Because obviously the whole thing is insomnia. He can't sleep, trying to solve the case. Ooh, ah! When she comes in and he's like, I can't sleep. It's too bright in here. This is on like day six or seven of the case.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's like, it is dark in here. And she turns the light on and it's like, there's like glaring light in his eyes.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Was he just imagining that it was bright in here?
Speaker 7: No, no, it is.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 4: Cause genuinely like that over there.
Speaker 2: No, I know it is like that over there, but I'm saying, I think that was a part of the movie. I think he had a guilty conscience and he couldn't sleep.
Speaker 4: Oh, he definitely couldn't sleep. I think she was saying like, that's as dark as it's going to be.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 2: I thought that it was, I think what the message was trying, I think this is like one of the movie clubs. I thought that what Nolan was trying to say was the room was actually dark, but he couldn't sleep because he had a guilty conscience. Nothing to do with the light coming through the window. So when she came in, she was like, oh, this is weird because it is dark in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Robin Williams, it's weird. Like he's obviously a good enough actor to pull it off, but it is interesting that Him being such a friendly-faced, funny guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A guy that we all know and love, but him being, you know, like a killer.
Speaker 2: Which I also think was a part of the movie, right? Because you're supposed to think, as the serial killer, he's just a kind of normal-ish dude, but then he's a killer.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And he was like, oh, you know. He's like, you ever been laughed at like that before?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The laughing won't stop.
Speaker 2: I thought there was going to be more.
Speaker 4: He genuinely thought he wasn't in the wrong, the killer. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He did a good job of like.
Speaker 4: And then Al Pacino was like, I deal with pieces of shit like you. All day, every day, the last 40 years.
Speaker 2: I just thought, yeah, I thought that there'd be a big twist at the end.
Speaker 4: I agree. And it was just sort of like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. What I will say is we don't see enough of Hilary Swank these days.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see more Swank. Million Dollar Baby. That was her big one.
Speaker 2: Never finished it.
Speaker 4: You never finished Million Dollar Baby?
Speaker 2: Is that the boxing one?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I never finished it. I know she falls over and hits her head on the stool.
Speaker 4: Braxton Eck, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You never finished it?
Speaker 5: Mm-mm.
Speaker 4: Bloody good movie.
Speaker 2: I always think of Million Dollar Baby and Slumdog Millionaire as the same movie.
Speaker 4: Different.
Speaker 2: I know they're different.
Speaker 4: Different films.
Speaker 2: But I think of them as the same film because it's got the word millionaire in it.
Speaker 4: That's an Eastwood one. Clint Eastwood film, Million Dollar Baby.
Speaker 2: The most recent thing she was in, she had two episodes of Yellow Jackets. She watched that, didn't she?
Speaker 1: Is she in that?
Speaker 2: You watched Yellow Jackets, didn't you?
Speaker 4: Oh, what the heck? She is. She's like the nerdy one.
Speaker 1: Oh, what?
Speaker 4: I didn't even pick up on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to keep saying things she's been in until I get to one that you recognise, okay? Yeah. This is in order of, like, most previous to latest, furthest away. Yellow Jackets.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ordinary Angels.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: The Good Mother.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Zero Tolerance.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Alaska Daily.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: Fatali.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Away.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: The Hunt.
Speaker 4: Who's in that?
Speaker 2: She's Athena in The Hunt.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: I Am Mother.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: Trust.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: What They Had.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: 55 Steps.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: Lucky Logan.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: We're up to 2017 now. Spark, A Space Tale.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Fergie, featuring YG. That's a music video. You're Not You.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: The Homesman.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Mary and Martha.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: New Year's Eve.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: The Resident?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: She's been in nothing good.
Speaker 4: She's been in a lot of stings.
Speaker 1: The Conviction?
Speaker 2: No. Amelia?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Birds of America?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: P.S. I Love You?
Speaker 4: Oh, I know of it. I've not seen it. The Reaping? No.
Speaker 2: Freedom Riders?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: The Black Dahlia?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Million Dollar Baby?
Speaker 4: Lovely film. So that brings us to 2004, I believe.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 2: Just all those movies are just absolute blank spaces in my knowledge. I haven't heard of any of them.
Speaker 4: Hilary Swank. And you've got to say, quite talented. She's a very good actor. Very attractive woman. But yeah, here's me saying, geez, Swank needs to get out there more. Swank's been working her ass off. Every year she's doing a movie. She keeps getting the script going, this will be the one. This will be the one.
Speaker 2: She was in The Gift.
Speaker 4: Was she in The Gift? She was in The Gift. Hang on, what's... No, not the one I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: Because she was in Million Dollar Baby.
Speaker 4: What's The Gift again?
Speaker 2: The Gift. That's the one, the present, right?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is a movie called The Gift, but that wasn't in the year 2000. That came out like... Oh, okay. You're thinking of the one that I told you, the Australian guy. Yeah. No, that's a different gift.
Speaker 2: And Jason Bateman.
Speaker 4: This is with Cate Blanchett and Katie Holmes.
Speaker 16: Oh, okay.
Speaker 4: A year oldy one.
Speaker 2: But she's also in The Core, the one about the Earth, the volcanoes. I've seen that. It's like a trashy kind of like.
Speaker 4: The core.
Speaker 2: It's like an early 2000s movie about the world blowing up.
Speaker 4: Insomnia. The Gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's actually known a lot of stuff. Good stuff. Known a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 4: Hilary bloody Swank.
Speaker 2: Hilary Swank. But yeah, I guess that's the end of Movie Club. Unless there's like a massive groundswell... I.
Speaker 4: Think it's dead. I think the bit is dead.
Speaker 2: Bell, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Bell's going to have to wear that.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Got you.
Speaker 2: You stuck your head in and I threw a tomato at you.
Speaker 7: Got you again.
Speaker 4: The segment... No, you're right. This segment is more dead than the dog carcass halfway through.
Speaker 2: Insomnia.
Speaker 4: Insomnia. The one that Al Pacino puts a pellet in.
Speaker 2: No, come back in, Bell. We're all done with that now.
Speaker 9: Roar!
Speaker 4: Movie Club is no longer. Do we have the guillotine? Getting rid of the segment. The segment's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually things die if I'm not involved. So, hey, stop it.
Speaker 2: I don't have the guillotine handy. I can go get it.
Speaker 4: Pretty funny. Got a message from former producer Andy today. That's the segment having its head cut off. Yes, and we still got a group chat with Andy. Still fairly active, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the crowd's back.
Speaker 4: And, yeah, he sent a random link to an episode from many years ago. It's an off-air pod, off-air few big Tay Zombe fans in the house. Stop it, Ben. It's me singing... Chocolate ring.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. Can you play the audio?
Speaker 4: Chocolate ring. Play the audio, please. But I'm doing it live.
Speaker 3: Did you see Novak's Pod Squad memes?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do the line, Bart. But it was do the line, Liam. Which is what I was going for in the show. I said that. I said do the line, Liam.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: He quoted it.
Speaker 9: Ew.
Speaker 3: Sorry. Quoting Simpsons. He made two, though. Did you see his other meme?
Speaker 2: I'm done here.
Speaker 4: Can you play it like three times quick? Or is it on YouTube?
Speaker 2: No, it's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: I thought you were getting the audio up, Liam.
Speaker 4: I've decided I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: You guys at all show, you were like, blah, we're so on fire today. Look at us chatting away. And now it's like you've crashed and you're both like, meh.
Speaker 2: Someone didn't do movie club.
Speaker 4: You took the.
Speaker 3: Did you guys need me here to do movie club?
Speaker 8: It's all right.
Speaker 4: We'll do it again and I'll watch it. We wanted more thoughts.
Speaker 3: Let's do it again.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not....
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Got to... What is that?
Speaker 9: Sounds like your poo-poo lemon jacket.
Speaker 4: Good lord.
Speaker 2: Goodness gracious. Oh, I've just found one on YouTube. Crowd booing with tomatoes.
Speaker 7: Oh, okay.
Speaker 4: Maybe for next time. Let's have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Way better. Just absolutely schmearing the villain.
Speaker 3: All right, well.
Speaker 4: I reckon not, don't bring back public execution, but bring back.
Speaker 3: Public shaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think that is, isn't that what, basically social media is public shaming every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what I mean? If someone had done something really horrible, it would be fun to throw a tomato at them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but these days it's just like someone posts dash cam footage or whatever or CCTV and then everyone just throws tomatoes, but via comments, which isn't as fun.
Speaker 3: But that's just how people do it now. It's like, ooh, this person. But yes, I would love to have a town square.
Speaker 4: Town square, throw some rotten fruit at someone.
Speaker 3: Yes, 3pm next Tuesday, come and tomato throw this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also back in the day, I guess someone would be like put in the gallows and tomatoed relentlessly for three hours because they probably like.
Speaker 4: Stole some bread or something.
Speaker 2: Stole some bread.
Speaker 3: Well, no, but there was like infidelity or, you know, if someone like.
Speaker 4: Ooh, the missing movie club. Isn't it funny how, like, you know, how, like.
Speaker 2: I don't think they were getting gallowed for... Gallows is when you get hung, right?
Speaker 4: Yes, you get hung.
Speaker 2: What's it called when they get put in the... Stocks. The stocks. I don't think they were getting put in the stocks for infidelity.
Speaker 3: The women, I think.
Speaker 4: Let's have a little look.
Speaker 3: The men, no one cared.
Speaker 4: Women?
Speaker 9: Oh, God forbid you left the kitchen and you strayed from your husband. But, yeah, I guess stealing.
Speaker 4: Why were people put in the stocks? Public shame. Public disorder, minor crimes.
Speaker 2: Because you're getting hung for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Cheating, petty theft, breaking the Sabbath.
Speaker 9: Oh!
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Fortune telling. Can't do that. Demanding higher wages. Demanding higher wages and breaking the Sabbath. That's basically, that's you, Bill.
Speaker 3: When have I ever asked? I've never actively asked.
Speaker 4: For more money.
Speaker 3: I have never asked for a raise.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 4: I complain a lot. It's funny. You think tomatoes are a bit of fun, but people are insulting you.
Speaker 2: Speaking on you, not a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: No, and you don't want to be whipped because there was the whippings as well.
Speaker 4: The whippings?
Speaker 2: Depends on what you're into, I guess, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not in a fun way.
Speaker 14: Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.
Speaker 4: Come on. Come on.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 4: I like it, like it. Tomorrow. Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Isn't it crazy that now you'd be like, oh, I'm taking my kids to the NBL. We're going to watch the 36ers. But back in the day, you're like, yeah, we're just going to watch three people be hung. Come on, kids. Get ready.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, that was... And then didn't we look up the other day because.
Speaker 2: We were like.
Speaker 4: Don't want to miss the start of it again.
Speaker 3: 8.30am, hanging time.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it a thing when they used to get the guillotine and they chopped the head off, people used to pick it up?
Speaker 4: Well, they say it was alive for the first little bit, right? Isn't the head, some people say that the nervous system is still catching up.
Speaker 2: There was one test the scientist did where he got sentenced to death by the guillotine for something he did. And so he used it as a chance to do an experiment. He got his assistant. They had an experiment where he said, When my head's cut off, if I'm still, what's the word, like conscious, I'll blink twice. And I don't know the.
Speaker 4: Result of the test.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon that? That was the test.
Speaker 4: What a cliffhanger.
Speaker 2: That was the test that he did. I don't know what the result was.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Didn't we look that up? I don't know what it was. Because we were talking about the guillotine sound effect. And then recently on the podcast, we were like, when was the last one? And it was like in France in the 70s. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 9: Yes. But you could also, you could go and watch the public electrocutions and the lethal injections.
Speaker 3: Until like a few decades.
Speaker 2: Chat GPT. Ben.
Speaker 14: Sorry, could you repeat or rephrase that?
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering, I know that there was a scientist who did an experiment where he got his head cut off at the guillotine where he said he blinked twice after to see if he was conscious or not. What was the result of that test?
Speaker 14: Hmm, let me see. Yeah, that story usually refers to Dr.
Speaker 2: Gabriel Borio, who.
Speaker 14: Witnessed an execution in 1905. He reported calling the prisoner's name right after decapitation and claiming the eyes opened and seemed to focus briefly. But it wasn't a controlled experiment, and modern science suggests any consciousness would last only a few seconds, if at all.
Speaker 11: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, kind of boring.
Speaker 3: You know what I hate? Why do they make that sound like a person?
Speaker 2: The human cadence?
Speaker 4: Don't do that. Just put it as a robot.
Speaker 2: I get what you mean. It's the same reason why they make the humanoid robots look like humans.
Speaker 10: I hate it.
Speaker 2: It's gross.
Speaker 3: It's not real.
Speaker 2: Let me check that.
Speaker 4: Can you turn your mic down a little bit there, pal? It's a bit loud for me.
Speaker 3: Don't make it sound like a person.
Speaker 4: Great question there, pal. Let me just think about that.
Speaker 3: I miss when it was like, you know, the GPS was like, turn right.
Speaker 4: That is like, you must be referring to the scientist. Aberfield McCrombie.
Speaker 2: Not!
Speaker 4: Haha, gotcha. Always good to keep you on your toes, friend. High five. Let's get a beer sometime.
Speaker 9: Anyway.
Speaker 3: It's just, it's gross.
Speaker 9: Because like, I remember watching that movie, Her, and everyone's saying, one day this will be reality.
Speaker 3: And we're there. And it's horrific. Have you watched her with Joaquin Phoenix?
Speaker 15: Good movie.
Speaker 2: Great film.
Speaker 4: I think I didn't finish it.
Speaker 3: But it's so real.
Speaker 2: Too bad we can't put it in the movie club.
Speaker 4: It would have been a great one to do, but the segment's gone.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love Hay. Joaquin is one of my favourite men on this planet.
Speaker 4: You like The Joker?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You like The Joker 2?
Speaker 3: I love everything with him in it.
Speaker 4: I've never seen The Joker 2 because I heard it was bad and I just was like, I don't think I can sit through it.
Speaker 3: And Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never watched it either.
Speaker 4: I've seen it even on planes. I've been there and I'm like, I could. I've got a lot of time to kill, but I'm like, I just... I don't know. I think it put me off that it was a musical. And I loved the first one so much. So it's sort of disappointing that they... I don't really like... I don't know. I don't like code switching. Like if you're doing a thing, it's like.
Speaker 9: It's like when they did the Mean Girls remake and they made it a musical as well.
Speaker 3: And I left after like 20 minutes.
Speaker 4: But it's also like already been a movie, right?
Speaker 3: It's an iconic film and they're like, we're remaking it.
Speaker 4: And everyone's like, okay. Remake's always weird though. And it's a bit of a musical. If it was done in the 2000s, does it need to be remade already? You know what I mean? Well, I get like Wuthering Heights and stuff is like, whatever, like have a lash, but like.
Speaker 9: The sequel of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, very exciting. Probably don't need it, but very exciting nonetheless. And Princess Diaries.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we should probably wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 3: Also, we saw your post about Margie and we will be.
Speaker 4: Talking about Margie. I've got a Margie plan tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yep, we're going to be talking about Margie. So do not worry. She will be back.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 4: Double dong. Double dong. And that's it.